Batik Air

"food inedible and unappetizing"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. No web check in allowed. E-ticket information provided and boarding pass PNR was different . Cold food was served on flight and was inedible and unappetizing, the only food edible was the cupcake. Aside than this no complaints on seat space, entertainment kit (at least most of the screens are functioning compared to Malindo Air.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"Delays are unbearable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bali to Jakarta. Delays from this airline are unbearable. Passengers were not informed upon check-in. They are only informed when it’s supposed to be boarding. Airlines delays usually between 30 min to 1 hour. However, this airline delays may have to wait more than 2 hours without any assistance or compensation for the delays. Food provided on plane also not edible and I wouldn’t recommend to eat any of the food provided.
RouteBali to Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2018

"it is such a hassle"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | First time flying with Batik Air from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta and it is such a hassle. You have to check in at the counter, since online check in is unavailable. During check-in at the counter, the queue is unorganized, which caused confusion. I needed at least 30 minutes to just to get checked-in. During the flight, the seat was okay and looked dull. The seat incline is the same as other low-cost airlines seat. During meal time, there are no options and I received pizza like bread and a muffin with a cup of mineral water. It is terrible.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2018

"food was not that great"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Ambo. This morning flight was quick to board but passengers had to take the shuttle bus to the plane as it was parked away from the airport. The plane left the parking bay at 0727 and took off 6 minutes later. There was slight turbulence while the plane was descending into AMQ. Other than that, the flight was smooth. The food was not that great, and there was no choice.
RouteSurabaya to Ambo

"how low the price was"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Jakarta. I was worried about this flight considering Batik is in the Lion Group, but I was satisfied with this last minute booking with Batik Air. Boarding at Denpasar was on time, and the crew was friendly and greeted everyone as they boarded. Some kind of pre-made sandwich was served but I didn't eat it. Clear announcements were made in both English and Indonesia. Arrived on time. Considering how low the price was for a same-day booking, I am very happy with Batik.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"definitely book with them again"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Jogyakarta. A great flight with Batik. I booked this flight two hours before departure and I was very satisfied with the experience given the low price. Flight left on time and arrived in Jogja 30 minutes late due to storms on arrival. I'm thankful for the generous baggage allowance. Crew was friendly and attentive. Would definitely book with them again.
RouteJakarta to Jogyakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"service OK for low airfare"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Banjarmasin to Jakarta. Batik Air is semi full service airline from Lion Air. Good Leg room space. Free baggage 20 kg. Free meal and drink (only snack and drink in 1 hour 35 minutes flight). Free IFE/AVOD. Free magazine (read onboard only). Their service OK for low airfare.
RouteBanjarmasin to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I think the service is okay"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta (Halim Perdanakusuma) to Yogyakarta. It was a Monday morning flight, so it wasn't crowded both at the check-in queue and the boarding room. I got a little high price compared to another airlines in the same route. But it is no problem. Batik Air gives enough legroom, except if you are more than 180 cm tall. And they give you a little snack (some bread), and a bottle of 330 ml mineral water. I think the service is okay. Unfortunately, the IFE in this flight was inactive. But I don't care about IFE as long as it is a less-than-two-hour flight.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"would never recommend them"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Perth. My friend and I flew with Batik Air from Perth (Dec 29, 17) to Bali return (9 Jan 18). The service going to Bali was dreadful. There were two stewards and consequently it took over two hours to get a meal (they only had one choice as they had run out of the second choice.) It was a tiny pile of spaghetti with three thumb size “meatballs” on top. Nothing else! It was 6pm when we left Perth. We asked for a cup of tea but they had ‘run out’ of milk. There were screens but we were not offered headsets! On our return flight, my friends suitcase had the zip ripped out when it was going through the X-ray machine in Bali and after much confusion and no solution from the staff at Batik Air in Bali, we had to carry it onto the aircraft and put it in the luggage compartment inside the plane. They confiscated all her toiletries because you are not allowed oversized creams etc inside the plane. This mishap caused the plane to leave about 30 minutes late. The steward made no attempt to show us where to sit so we just sat where there were empty seats. Once again, there were only two stewards (although on this flight the plane was not full). There was no safety demonstration from the staff and no checking of seat belts, upright seats or ensuring bags were secure. It was freezing and when I asked for a blanket, I was told they were only available to Business Class passengers, however after I insisted, she relented and gave me one. The food was once again, disgusting, and again, they had run out of milk. I asked for coke and when I took a sip, it was hot!! This from an airline that boasts ‘full service’ and for tickets we payed $700+ each for. I will never travel with Batik Air again and would never recommend them.
RouteDenpasar to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"disappointed with the service"

Trip Verified | Bali to Perth. My flight was OD on friday 29th December 20.40pm. I was very disappointed with the service and the way your crew even thought about looking after the pasengers. We were being taxied out when we hit a bump and was told we had a technical problem. After sitting in the plane for just under an hour we were on the way. On the runway we went back because of technical problem. This is OK I have no problem with this, as we were unloaded and taken back to the waiting room is where your staff were shocking and I was disgusted how we were treated. You took our water when we left and when we asked for some you told us there is a shop go and buy some. Most of us only had Australian and only took credit cards. went up stairs to change but they were closed. After 2 hours I asked if we were on your plane would I be aloud to have water. After many complaints we got a little water and a couple of biscuits. After another 2 hours they take us to a hotel so after sitting there for over 5 hours they finally decided to make a decision. We waited for another hour because there were no busses. After another hour we got to the hotel which was full now we had to go to another hotel this 4 am and they were going to pick us up at 7am.
RouteBali to Perth