Airline of the Year

Batik Air

"seats were filthy"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Terrible customer service with Batik Air both at check in and during the flight from Makassar to Merauke. Food served during the flight was terrible, full of cholesterol and calories. Seats were filthy. It looked like a fairly new airplane, but inflight the screen was not working properly, and inflight entertainment was terrible.
RouteMakassar to Merauke
Date FlownJune 2017

"unfresh hotdog for dinner"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Bali. I only got tea, a slice of cake, and unfresh hotdog for my dinner on this 2 hour flight. Flight entertainment needs to improve. And we got hard landing when arrived at Bali.
RouteJakarta to Bali
Date FlownJune 2017

"Such a bad service"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Lombok. It started when we had to enter the aircraft. It was only announced in Bahasa so we didn't know where to go. A gate was indicated but not correct. Finally we found the ground staff to ask for it and luckily we did otherwise we were on the wrong plane. In the aircraft itself, the tables were dirty. Not very pleasant to eat your meal in such circumstances. Also no headphones. But the worst thing of all, my son forgot 2 books in the plane. After being back home, I contacted Batik Air. First they told me to call their lost and found. After sending some more emails they contacted the lost and found themselves but no books. I put in a complaint as this means they ended up in the bin. But no answer anymore. Such a bad service.
RouteJakarta to Lombok

"it was unimpressive"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Surabaya to Jakarta. I have been on Batik and it was unimpressive. This flight was unsatisfactory. Batik uses the old terminal at Juanda which was crowded and very hot. Boarding was ok. The airline provides entertainment but there is no headsets! The FAs distribute food and water using an old dirty cardboard. During the flight the entertainment system crashed many times. Lion Group must fix it or it will be abandoned by customers.
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta

"Meals were very good"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flying with Batik Air from Jakarta Halim Perdana Kusuma to Padang and return flight from Padang to Jakarta Soekarno Hatta. Ticket booking was very easy and so was mobile check in. However flight departure from Jakarta to Padang sector was delayed about two hours due to Presidential aircraft movement. It is understandable since Halim Perdana Kusuma is a military based airport. Meals for business class were very good for both sector. However, inflight entertainment is not installed.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Padang
Date FlownMay 2017

"flights were really pleasant"

Verified Review | Jakarta to Jogjakarta return with Batik Air. Both flights were really pleasant but there were some problems. When I checked in on 29/12 the person informed me that my flight back to Jakarta will be changed, not to CGK but to Halim Airport! That was surprising and scaring, because that means that I have to travel from Halim to CGK (2 hours by Damri bus). In CGK I have to get a connecting flight from Jakarta to Dubai. This was realy a very nervous time. But the staff was very understanding and finally provided me a new ticket (a print) of another flight from JGJ to CGQ! I checked in and went to the lounge. After having a snack and a coffee a lady called me and she brought me to a car to bring me to the plane. My flight back to CGK was also with some problems . When I checked in they couldn't print my boarding pass. I waited for about 15 minutes and than the lady told me that someone will bring me to the Lounge and after that they will hand me a boarding pass. It was a great business class experience. I bought my ticket for the price of an Economy Class ticket. Salute for Batik Air and staff at the airport as in the aircraft.
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta

"good cabin crew"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Yogyakarta with Batik Air. My original flight was from Soekarno Hatta International Airport, but one week before that flight I got my departure moved to Halim (smaller airoprt also in Jakarta) with another flight. The problem is I couldnt make web check in because of that so I couldn't choose my seat. When I came to the airport and checked in manually, my new ticket hadn't been issued by the airline, so I had to wait about 20 minutes in front of check in counter. With many people around the terminal caused by holiday traffic, it felt uncomfortable. That was the only bad moment with the airline. Departured on schedule, good cabin crew, clean airplane with flight entertainment so I could watch movies or just play games. Also got chocolate bread and mineral water as a snack. In the end, the plane landed smoothly in Yogyakarta.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the cabin crew were ever courteous"

Verified Review | I have flown on Batik Air 3 times between Singapore and Jakarta. My experience on board their flights have always been pleasant. Cabin crew service was good, hot meals delicious, flight entertainment was up to date, and the plane was new. 2 days ago, I boarded Batik Air ID 7521 from Jakarta to Surabaya. As usual the cabin crew were ever courteous, pleasant and helpful. I have traveled on some of the major airlines for my work but this trip was even better. Not feeling that great after the long journey from hotel to airport and the long wait to board the plane in an airport that need a major renovation, I decided to head to the restroom to wash up before the plane takes off and there a cabin crew who not only ushered me from my seat but also opened the door of the restroom for me and checked on me when I was seated if I was feeling better. That little thought was the "wow" factor that sets Batik Air apart from most airlines in the region including some national airlines. The plane diverted back midway due to Surabaya runway being closed for repairs. The crew, both cockpit and cabin were very apologetic. I understood from the other cabin crews that they had been flying Jakarta-Solo-Surabaya-Jakarta earlier. That must have been tiring for them but they still put on a good show and the sincere smile they wore on their faces made the inconvenience most bearable especially with their hands clasp and apologizing to every passenger when they re-boarded the plane. With the fares and the commendable service they offer, I would give the national and budget airlines a skip. I strongly recommend any travelers travelling to and within Indonesia to give Batik Air a try if they have not been on one.
RouteHLP to SUB
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it was a great experience"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Kupang to Jakarta return. The outbound flight departed 30 minutes delay but arrived on time. The check in was smooth and ground staff were nice. But during the boarding process, there were something wrong with the ground staff that counted the number of people boarding the aircraft and they kept counting and checking the boarding pass which caused all the passengers to wait for 1 hour in the aircraft. Despite that, the seat was comfortable for the 3 hour flight and the cabin crew efficient and friendly. The food was just ok. The IFE was responsive but it lacked of content. I hoped Batik can provide more movies to watch in the future. On the return, ground staff was kind and check in and boarding process went smoothly. The flight on time which was the reason why I liked to fly with Batik. The cabin crew was kind and the food just ok for the flight. Overall, it was a great experience flying with Batik Air.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteKOE to CGK
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight was smooth all the way"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | This was my first time with Batik Air from Makassar to Ternate. The plane was new, everything was shiny. However, the lead stewardess announced before the flight that the inflight entertainment was inoperable, which frustrated me. The flight was smooth all the way, no turbulence encountered. Landing at Ternate was a real sight to behold. Food presented was okay, but needs to be improved.
AircraftA320-200