Bahamasair

Review by (United States) 4th May 2013

I had a 9:10 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale FL to Nassau Bahamas on May 1 2013. The flight was 5 hours delayed without any explanation by the staff. In addition the attitudes of the personnel was unbelievable their apologies came only after it was mentioned that they did not apologize and when the flight finally was boarding they attempted to scold and belittle the passengers. On the returning flight the flight is still delayed. My flight was suppose to leave at 345 pm it is now 930pm I am still sitting in the airport with no idea when I will be leaving the Bahamas to get back to Florida. This is absolutely a night mare. Never again will I travel with Bahamas Air.
Value For Money N/A

Review by (United States) 8th February 2012

We had an excellent experience. The check-in was prompt and efficient in Fort Lauderdale and Freeport. The staff were professional and helpful. We felt the cost of the flights were high but they are usually cheaper than other airlines offering the same service.

Review by (United States) 25th December 2011

Scheduled to leave Orlando to Nassua at 12.30. The plane finally arrived and we took off 5 hours late. Wasted half a day of vacation time they gave no explanation except there was only one plane being used and it was running behind. They gave us food vouchers but did not offer any compensation. This was my first and last experience with them.

Review by (United States) 21st September 2011

My family and I were going from Nassau to Orlando we arrived 4 hrs early to the line out the door with people for the same flight as us. We stood in line for 4 hrs when we got to the front it took them 30 mins to check two bags. Thankfully security and customs were a breeze. Arrived at the gate to find out our flight was delayed 3.5 hrs. We boarded the plane which was very dirty as we were supposed to begin takeoff we had to stop and refuel the plane. Completely inefficient and I will not be travelling with them in the future.

Review by (United States) 18th August 2011

FLL-NAS-FLL and I found no problem with them aside from their ageing fleet of B737-200's. The flight attendants were very nice. Return flight was bumpy but decent.

Review by (United States) 4th August 2011

We were picked up in Miami over 1.5 hrs late. On way home we got to airport over 2 hrs ahead of time and waited for our flight. Flight listed as on time and they boarded us to leave on time but then had to sit in a very hot cabin for over 1hr because they were waiting for late comers to get through customs. This made us miss all our flights out of Miami and when I finally got to Dallas missed any chance of getting home.

Review by (United States) 29th July 2011

My husband and I purchased a one way ticket on BahamasAir as we were returning on a friend's private plane. We arrived at the airport 2 hours prior to departure time and waited 1 hour 15 minutes to check in. Before we were issued our boarding passes (as there is no online or curbside checkin) we were informed that we must purchase a return ticket in order to be allowed on board. Not having any choice we purchased two refundable tickets at a cost of almost $600. We were informed that we can cancel the flight as soon as we land in the Bahamas and they would charge us a $15/ticket cancellation fee. Additionally our flight was an hour late with the board at the gate never indicating the time change. The crew on board gave us sporadic departure instructions - some after we were in the air (ie. turn off all electronic devices and my seat was broke! A couple of days into our vacation I spent a significant amount of time trying to call both the local and toll free number for BahamasAir. I kept getting disconnected or a fast busy tone - for two days straight. We finally went to the concierge of our hotel and pleaded for his assistance. He encountered the same problem but was finally able to reach the Customer Service Department. Once I got on the phone with the rep she tried to connect with the Reservations department and she could not get through as well. After explaining our situation they finally connected me with someone who was able to accept our cancellation (they did not even have a cancellation number to provide). Needless to say we lost a good 1/2 day of precious vacation time for which BahamasAir wants $30 in fees and 6-8 weeks to return our money. I read the complaints about BahamasAir before I booked. Since the main complaint was flights departing late but I figured a small delay would be no big deal since we weren't on a time schedule. I also like to give small businesses a chance when possible. We never imagined that this complaint would be nothing compared to everything else we experienced. On a positive note we all got to the Bahamas safely and they gave us a mint on our way out of the plane. I chalked this experience up to "lesson learned" - I just wanted to send out a warning to all of you out there considering this airline.

Review by (United States) 16th March 2011

Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau. Getting the ticket and checking the bag was a breeze the fun began while waiting for the flight I was chatting and wasn't paying attention to the time however others were. No one bothered to tell us the flight was delayed although on the screen checking in it advised it was going to be on time. We took off an hour late. Also on our return trip we were an hour late. Never again.

Review by (United States) 14th March 2011

I have never had a worse experience DCA to NAS. I purchased tickets through BA for a codeshare with USAir. Upon check in we were told that BA never transfered the ticket numbers to them and therefore they had no record of our reservations. There were 30 other travelers at the gate with BA tickets on this codeshare and all were told they had no reservations. We tried to call BA to rectify the situation only to have them cut us off 10 times. We never reached our destination we lost the money paid to our vacation rental and have yet to be refunded our airfare. No one in customer service cared one iota. Instead they blamed USair for the problem.

Review by (Finland) 24th February 2011

Miami-Nassau-Havana. Check in at Miami couldn't understand our tickets although I printed tickets that Bahamasair send to me. At the check-in in Miami they told us that we need to get off the plane before the connection flight and do the check-in again. When the plane took off we asked it from the crew and they said we couldn't do it again and we needed stay on the plane. When we arrived to Havana there was nice surprise for me. They had left my baggage to Miami! I wasn't the only unfortunate one they had left 18 baggage to Miami. I had to wait 4 days for my baggage and the airline didn't even send the baggage to me when it arrived to Havana. I had to pay taxi and go get it by myself from the airline. If you seek some email addresses from their website you see that there is none of them. They have just phone numbers so you have to call to them if you have any questions concerning your bookings or flights.