Azul Airlines

"nline check in does not work"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to São Paulo. The worst airline I have ever seen! Online check in does not work, 20 calls until someone declines from the customer service. Very rude staff at the check-in desk, unfortunately not customer friendly. Very bad to nonexistent information on the website.
RouteLisbon to São Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2018

"very pleased with economy"

Trip Verified | Travelled business class Lisbon to São Paulo/Campinas. We also had two economy flights between Sao Paulo and Rio. First São Paulo/Campinas is a huge ghost airport 100 plus kilometres from São Paulo so we had to wait more than an hour for next bus to capital which took another hour and 20 mins plus taxi to hotel so probably 3 hours to destination. On return we noticed only 3 international flights for the whole day. It makes no economic sense to use this airport as your hub. We were very pleased with economy flights, 40 euro each way and served a snack. Our issue is the lack of service on the 10 hour business class flights. The seat and design is good and matches all the products out there. It's the service, you get served a meal and then stewards disappear for the rest of the flight until breakfast a little over an hour before landing. This was a daytime flight crossing only two time zones. I shouldn't have to ask for a drink. I believe this policy needs to change. Also the meal itself was presented well but tasted like an economy meal and was lukewarm. It's presented all together so you have to eat starter quickly before your main goes cold. We noted they shared a can of beer between two of us on pre-landing meal. When you pay thousands you expect better than economy class service. Don't be stingy Azul and move away from that airport.
RouteLisbon to São Paulo/Campinas
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"about 14 hours of waiting"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Belo Horizonte to Fort Lauderdale via Sao Paulo. In July 2017 I got a ticket to travel back to the United States in October 2017 and then change that passage for March 2018 with an excellent flight schedule and an additional cost of $427 dollars. Then I was notified by the airport that my flight was changed for the same date with a stay at the Viracopos airport for 12 hours. I complained to the airline and they could not do anything which I find inexplicable and today February 2 I receive another email where they want to change the ticket again and that have a stay from 9.35 am to 11.40 pm in Viracopos, about 14 hours of waiting which considered a mistreatment as a passenger and do not offer any compensation or explanation for the change.
RouteBelo Horizonte to Fort Lauderdale via Sao Paulo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"do not consider using"

Trip Verified | Brasilia to Belo Horizonte. I booked on the English website, they have sent an email in Portuguese. I think it says the original flight is cancelled offering a very late evening flight or BRL200 voucher to cancel. We are 2 elderly European non Portuguese speaking travellers who do not want to arrive late at night on New Years Eve in a strange city. Azul do not offer a reasonable alternative. Their website contact button does not work. A complaint is not answered. Azul are dreadful do not consider using.
RouteBrasilia to Belo Horizonte
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I presume saying the flight is cancelled"

Trip Verified | We have booked to fly with Azul next month from Brasilia to Belo Horizonte using their English language website paying in USD. They emailed me in Portuguese, I presume saying the flight is cancelled. I think they are saying we must accept a late evening flight or get 200 BRL voucher. I will not be booking any more flights in Brazil where I can use the voucher. I have booked all my flights in Brazil to arrive in new cities during daylight hours for personal security reasons. Azul have a flight at 09:35 which would be fine but they have not given that as an option.
RouteBrasilia to Belo Horizonte
Date FlownNovember 2017

"a high standard"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Just back from a short trip from Curitiba to Sao Paulo Congonhas and I really feel I must acknowledge the efforts of Azul Airlines that really goes the extra mile. While I find flying in Brazil to generally be of a high standard, what sets Azul apart is the sense of style, staff that really seem to get a kick out of their jobs and the impressively fast baggage claim. I'd travel more with this company if they flew more of the routes I travel on. Keep up the good work.
AircraftE195
RouteCuritiba to Sao Paulo Congonhas
Date FlownJune 2017

"customer service was useless"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon via Viracopos. Online booking magically booked a connecting flight departing earlier than my flight arrival. Luckly I managed to get it corrected before the fight date. Domestic leg from Rio de Janeiro SDU to Viracopos/Campinas was confortable with average service. Bagagge check was ok, no priority tags for business class with bags dispatched all the way to Lisbon. Onboard baggage allowance of one item up to 5 kilos was ridiculous. Boarding in Viracopos was confusing due to deficient signage. Business class full flat seats were very confortable, pillows were clean and smelled good. Meal service was average, no seconds offered even on water. Coffee only if requested but flight atendants vanished right after service was somewhat considered complete. More like economy business than full business. In flight entertainment was ok but could do with noise suppressing phones. One checked suitcase did not arrive. Azul customer service was useless. Even after it arrived later on a TAP flight from Salvador, we were told in writing it was not their problem and that we should have a solution in the next 5 days.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Lisbon via Viracopos
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it really surprised me"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | I always fly with Azul Airlines here in Brazil, but I decided to write about this specific flight due to the special circumstances. I was flying from Campinas to Floranópolis and when arriving at the destination, we were informed that there was a storm over Florianópolis. After spending some time over the surroundings expecting for a window to land, the pilot decided to abort the landing and continue to it's final destination which was Porto Alegre. Due to the impossibility to land in Florianópolis, and since it was night, Azul booked hotel rooms to the passengers, organized the transport, included meals and booked a return flight 6 am in the morning. Everything was well organized and well informed to avoid uncertainty between the passengers. I see the ability to deal with exceptions like this in a company way more important than superfluous in-flight meals or little threats. Not that Azul doesn't have it, but it really surprised me under such circumstance.
RouteVCP to FLN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"pay 120 Euros for small suitcase"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Belo Horizonte to Salvador. Their site has a problem accepting foreigners credit cards and their mobile site, when it works, doesn't have the bank payment option. When I couldn't book the ticket I send them a message asking for help and they responded days later. When I succeeded that they send me the code for the bank transfer they send the code in another persons name and I tried to contact them without receiving a fast response of what to do since there was an expiry day. When they responded I had already cancelled my previous ticket and bought a new one with the hope that the code of payment would be in my name. Thankfully it was, but when I arrived to the airport for a domestic flight, previous to an international one they told me I had to pay 120 Euros for a small suitcase of about 14kgs, since in domestic flights one cannot buy one more suitcase but has to buy excessive kilos.
RouteBelo Horizonte to Salvador
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"staff were friendly"

(Brazil)

Montes Claros to Belo Horizonte with Azul Airlines. Excellent experience. The flight was on time, the seat was comfortable, they gave us snacks and beverages even on this short flight, there was a great inflight entertainment, the airplane was brand new and the staff were friendly.
AircraftE195