Azul Airlines

"I presume saying the flight is cancelled"

Trip Verified | We have booked to fly with Azul next month from Brasilia to Belo Horizonte using their English language website paying in USD. They emailed me in Portuguese, I presume saying the flight is cancelled. I think they are saying we must accept a late evening flight or get 200 BRL voucher. I will not be booking any more flights in Brazil where I can use the voucher. I have booked all my flights in Brazil to arrive in new cities during daylight hours for personal security reasons. Azul have a flight at 09:35 which would be fine but they have not given that as an option.
RouteBrasilia to Belo Horizonte
Date FlownNovember 2017

"a high standard"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Just back from a short trip from Curitiba to Sao Paulo Congonhas and I really feel I must acknowledge the efforts of Azul Airlines that really goes the extra mile. While I find flying in Brazil to generally be of a high standard, what sets Azul apart is the sense of style, staff that really seem to get a kick out of their jobs and the impressively fast baggage claim. I'd travel more with this company if they flew more of the routes I travel on. Keep up the good work.
AircraftE195
RouteCuritiba to Sao Paulo Congonhas
Date FlownJune 2017

"customer service was useless"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon via Viracopos. Online booking magically booked a connecting flight departing earlier than my flight arrival. Luckly I managed to get it corrected before the fight date. Domestic leg from Rio de Janeiro SDU to Viracopos/Campinas was confortable with average service. Bagagge check was ok, no priority tags for business class with bags dispatched all the way to Lisbon. Onboard baggage allowance of one item up to 5 kilos was ridiculous. Boarding in Viracopos was confusing due to deficient signage. Business class full flat seats were very confortable, pillows were clean and smelled good. Meal service was average, no seconds offered even on water. Coffee only if requested but flight atendants vanished right after service was somewhat considered complete. More like economy business than full business. In flight entertainment was ok but could do with noise suppressing phones. One checked suitcase did not arrive. Azul customer service was useless. Even after it arrived later on a TAP flight from Salvador, we were told in writing it was not their problem and that we should have a solution in the next 5 days.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Lisbon via Viracopos
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"it really surprised me"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | I always fly with Azul Airlines here in Brazil, but I decided to write about this specific flight due to the special circumstances. I was flying from Campinas to Floranópolis and when arriving at the destination, we were informed that there was a storm over Florianópolis. After spending some time over the surroundings expecting for a window to land, the pilot decided to abort the landing and continue to it's final destination which was Porto Alegre. Due to the impossibility to land in Florianópolis, and since it was night, Azul booked hotel rooms to the passengers, organized the transport, included meals and booked a return flight 6 am in the morning. Everything was well organized and well informed to avoid uncertainty between the passengers. I see the ability to deal with exceptions like this in a company way more important than superfluous in-flight meals or little threats. Not that Azul doesn't have it, but it really surprised me under such circumstance.
RouteVCP to FLN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"pay 120 Euros for small suitcase"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Belo Horizonte to Salvador. Their site has a problem accepting foreigners credit cards and their mobile site, when it works, doesn't have the bank payment option. When I couldn't book the ticket I send them a message asking for help and they responded days later. When I succeeded that they send me the code for the bank transfer they send the code in another persons name and I tried to contact them without receiving a fast response of what to do since there was an expiry day. When they responded I had already cancelled my previous ticket and bought a new one with the hope that the code of payment would be in my name. Thankfully it was, but when I arrived to the airport for a domestic flight, previous to an international one they told me I had to pay 120 Euros for a small suitcase of about 14kgs, since in domestic flights one cannot buy one more suitcase but has to buy excessive kilos.
RouteBelo Horizonte to Salvador
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"staff were friendly"

(Brazil)

Montes Claros to Belo Horizonte with Azul Airlines. Excellent experience. The flight was on time, the seat was comfortable, they gave us snacks and beverages even on this short flight, there was a great inflight entertainment, the airplane was brand new and the staff were friendly.
AircraftE195
RouteMOC to CNF
Date FlownJune 2016

"service inside the flight is good"

I have flown 3 times from Fort lauderdale to Viracopos Campinas with them in the past 6 months because they are the most affordable company. All of my flights to return home were almost 4 hours delayed. Despite my bad luck, their service inside the flight is good. The food tastes good and the staff is very friendly with nice flight attendants. They could use more recent updates on their movie catalogs.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteVCP to FLL
Date FlownMay 2016

"the F word used"

While on a business trip this past week I was on 6 flights with Azul. I flew from Ft Lauderdale to Belem with 4 layovers in between and then to Manaus and back to Ft lauderdale. During those flights I heard music on the plane radio by Marron 5 that was very inappropriate. It came on as an advertisement without my choosing (3x) and I had no warning or control. In the song, which was played everytime I was on the plane waiting, I hear the "F' word used at least three times in the same song. I am glad that my children were not with me because they would have heard the profanity without warning. I was appalled and I found that to be offensive and very unprofessional on the part of this company serving the public.
RouteFLL to BEL
Date FlownApril 2016

"I would recommend it"

I flewn on Azul Airlines for the first time, going from Orlando to Sao Paulo. The aircraft is nice and clean, the seats aren't that comfortable. I took took 4 flights with Azul while I was in Brazil and i had a great service. The flight attendants are great and caring. Food is not that great. I would recommend it.
RouteMCO to GRU
Date FlownApril 2016

"Azul very nice and helpful"

(Brazil)

You know when you can trust a company when you have a problem and you see how they solve it. I was travelling from Porto Alegre to Japan. From Porto Alegre to San Paulo was Azul, then from San Paulo to Japan was Etihad. Our airplane in Porto Alegre was delayed. Once I told them I had a connection they promptly put me in another fly with another company (Gol). That another company flight also delay because of intense traffic (no company fault). We arrive in San Paulo, but was already late and we lost our connection. We talk with Azul and explained the situation. Without any need for discuss, they promptly bring us to a hotel, everything paid. Then they gave us a letter witch we showed to Etihad so they put us on a flight on the next day. Azul were very nice and helpful. I will definitely fly again because I know that if I need they are going to be helpful. One advice: If you have a long trip, don't buy separate tickets.
RoutePOA to GRU