Top 100 Airlines

Avianca Brazil

"the seat was comfortable"

My most recent Avianca flight from Salvador to Sao Paulo was problem-free. Check in was quick, and the flight left on time. Avianca serves a hot sandwich and beverages on this two-hour flight. The seat was comfortable and seat-back entertainment was available, although I did not use it. Arrival was on-time, and baggage arrived quickly. I recommend Avianca Brazil.
RouteSSA to GRU
Date FlownMarch 2016

"flight attendants very smiley"

(Brazil)

Cheapest tickets we found for a Rio to Salvador return trip with Avianca Brazil. Very quick boarding in Rio, but not in Salvador. Hot sandwich was served during both flight. The GIG-SSA A320 was brand new and had a much larger pitch than the old one we had on return trip. IFE was great and flight attendants very smiley.
RouteGIG to SSA
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"alert to non Brazilians"

I wanted to alert non Brazilians who are thinking of flying Avianca Brazil. My wife and I tried to fly with them a month ago. We bought our tickets online with a non-Brazilian credit card (an Australian MasterCard). We got issued the tickets and all good. The week before the flight we got an email from Avianca saying our tickets had been cancelled. They cancelled them because we used a foreigner credit card. When we called them they demanded we go to an airport ticket counter to purchase new tickets before giving us a refund on our original tickets. After refusing too and then waiting on the phone for two hours they said they would refund us which they did three weeks later. If you are not from Brazil and buy online be very careful of Avianca Brazil. We met other foreigners in Brazil who have had the same or similar experiences.
RouteSDU to SSA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I was very impressed"

I was very impressed with Avianca Brasil. The check-in was fast and efficient, and the plane departed on-time. Seats were comfortable with good leg room. We were served a beverage and a hot steak and cheese sandwich on this one hour flight. There was seat back in-flight entertainment. I will most certainly fly with Avianca Brasil again.
RouteSalvador to Recife
Date FlownOctober 2015

(Brazil)

Fortaleza-Sao Paulo return. Avianca was the cheapest of the airlines we checked, and service was good. Small ham and cheese sandwich, and non-alcoholic beverages, each way (not much, but on Gol Airlines for example, the only thing free is water from a large bottle). On the A320 to Sao Paulo there were small screens on the back of each seat for viewing of a limited array of videos (TV shows, music, etc). Could choose the language. On the A318, just screens over each group of seats, with one movie (just in Portuguese, I believe). Seat room at least as good as other Brazilian airlines. We got exit row seats going down and bulkhead on the return, at no extra charge. Avianca Brazil still operating separately from Avianca International, but flight attendant said it will join the Star Alliance, joining Avianca International, next month.
AircraftA320 and A318
RouteGRU to FOR
Date FlownJune 2015

(Brazil)

GIG-SSA. Fast drop-off counter. Fast boarding. Brand new A320. Very nice individual IFE free hot sandwich and beverages (1h45 min flight). Captain informing all the time and smiling FA. Luggage immediately delivered. A miracle nowadays.

(Brazil)

São Paulo - Florianópolis. I've been using different domestic airlines in Brazil and Avianca really surprised me. Their service is something apart from what we are used to. Both ground and flight staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The service quality is premium even on economy class flights. Clean new and modern airplanes above average onboard service good food and drinks entertainment comparable to international level airlines.