Austrian Airlines

Austrian Airlines customer review

London Heathrow to Vienna Schwechat. Overall this flight was fantastic and couldn't have been better. Organized boarding to stop that mad rush and running to be first. The SMS check-in service was also great very simple and easy was able to choose my seat free of charge. Courteous friendly staff all English speaking. Tasty snacks and drinks served within first two minutes of seatbelt sign being turned off. The cabin of the A320 was newly fitted with the new Recaro seats comfortable stylish and modern. Hilarious in-flight video played via shared (but easily visible) screens on the overhead panels. Whole cabin brand new. New Star Alliance terminal at Vienna clean very new. First time flying with Austrian and my decision has been made to fly this frequent route every time from now on!

(New Zealand)

Bangkok-Vienna-Tokyo. Flew these two routes with Austrian Airlines. Total of about 20 hrs in the air. Staff are pretty good but it stops there. Entertainment system is old and outdated. Worst I've come across. Food average at best - small and not much variety. Decor old.

Austrian Airlines customer review

ZRH-VIE-CFU in Economy. I must say both flights with them were very nice. First flight a nice ham and cheese sandwich. 2nd flight a hot sandwich. Absolutely enough for a 1.50 hours flight. Drinks were offered two times on both flights. Crew very friendly despite that they fly now under Tyrolean airways. The only negative point is that the Internet check in did not work and after several phone calls with grumpy agents I called OS here in Zurich and a nice lady explained to me that Swiss is the handling agent in Zurich and that I have to check in through the website of Swiss. How should I know this. The new terminal in Vienna is great. Except that the new smokers lounges were "Out of order". Strange in a new terminal.

Austrian Airlines customer review

MUC-VIE-NRT. I chose Austrian Airlines because the ticket price was lowest. The seat was too small for the long flight to Asia it was difficult to relax. Food was terrible and quantity not enough. The number of moves was much less than other airlines. I will never use this airline even if prices are attractive.

Austrian Airlines customer review

This was our first trip with Austrian and except for the seats in Business class which we felt hard to get really comfortable in the total recline position the flight food and service was excellent. The 5 course meal which you select from the menu and served by the onboard chef in his chef's hat and crew was as good as some of the better restaurants we have eaten in. Crew was very friendly and gave us excellent service. Definitely would fly with them again.

Austrian Airlines customer review

Flew MUC-VIE-WAW several times in C-Class during the last months. Austrian Airlines (OS and VO) by far have the best Intra-European inflight product within the LH group. DO&CO catering is outstanding and flight crews show a high level of hospitality. The new Austrian Star Alliance terminal in VIE is a huge improvement and extremely comfortable for quick and easy connections. New HON lounge is a very nice treat away from the masses of fellow SEN and FTL passengers. Together with ZRH and MUC it has become a great and very comfortable hub in LH group. I hope OS/VO will keep their service level as a benchmark for other LH group members in the future!

Austrian Airlines customer review

CDG-VIE-KLU KLU-VIE-CDG. We missed both connections because of delays during first flight. They offered us a 75€ voucher for compensation despite EU recommendations and 6 hrs delay to KLU and a forced overnight stay in VIE on our way back. We even had to ask 3 times to have a bus ticket to go to the train station.

(Austria)

VIE-CDG-VIE. When I arrived at the airport they told me at the boarding gate that my ticket was cancelled a day before from a service agent. Interesting as I checked in a day before using web check-in and they issued a boarding pass for business class which I hadn't booked. As a Frequent traveller I thought they just gave me an upgrade. Food service - a dry bread with the thinnest slice of cheese and ham which they promote as the best catering by DO&CO. Poorest quality and no recommencing for DO&CO. Ground and Inflight-staff unfriendly. New seats (black and red) look poor and old after a few month in use. I would recommend to close down Austrian and Swiss should start a new hub in Vienna. Sorry. Never again with Austrian.

Austrian Airlines customer review

Flew LHR-VIE-DXB return business. Check in fast in LHR no wait at security although no fast track lane. Star Alliance Lounge breakfast as normal busy with adequate refreshments. Flight boarded on time. Nice breakfast on board. Fast change in VIE in new Terminal up one floor through security and onto plane to DXB. Planes are old yes but clean and for 5 hrs flight all you need. Lots of staff very friendly. On-board food excellent better than many restaurants. Seats are hard but they are okay for the day flight. IFE very poor one screen black and white only. Otherwise very good. All Austrian planes park on tarmac at DXB. separate bus for business passengers. Coming back night flight 0150. Lounge at DXB small but good food and drink. On soon as on board food offered or as I did sleep! Bed is okay hard but put blanket under me was better. Front seats have more leg room but for night flight take other seats they have foot well to stop you sliding down! Used pillow as leg rest. Had good sleep. Nice breakfast. Used new lounge at VIE great showers and refresh then onto LHR. Flight good excellent food again.

Austrian Airlines customer review

Flight: In last month. Flew Munich-Vienna-Bologna-Florence. The Fokker 100 plane was rather old hence the seats were old. My preferred seat is the A seat in the last row. So naturally I choose this one when checking in. So it was my fault that I was sitting right next to the engine. The noise was incredible. I plugged my headphones in to die down the noise a little. Service was mediocre. Nothing special - regional airline standard I guess. The connection in Vienna was strange since we had to pass security again though we had been cleaned in Munich. The waiting area for regional flights in Vienna is old and shabby. Not much to do. At least they had free internet - but it disconnected every 10 minutes or so. Wasn't too fond of that experience but bet that the medium and long haul product is a lot better.