Top 100 Airlines

Austrian Airlines

"helpful doing my rebooking"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Vienna to Frankfurt. I was going to fly with Brussels Airlines through Zaventem but due to the events there in March, I was rerouted and rebooked for this flight. The ground staff from Austrian Airlines was helpful doing my rebooking. Check-in and boarding was very simple and fast. The cabin was very clean and that bright red colours gave the cabin a classy, yet cheerful ambience. Room was more than adequate, and seats very comfortable. The meal was simple but very tasty and fresh. Staff was very polite, cheerful and nice. The flight was very quiet, no turbulence and the view over Austria and Germany was amazing! Will be flying with Austrian Airlines as soon as I have the chance!
RouteVIE to FRA

"low service level"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Amsterdam via Vienna with Austrian Airlines. Really poor service - food was bad and seats also poor. An 11 hours flight with only 1 meal and 1 snack. The beverages offered were ok. It was cold in the plane. The crew were friendly but overall this is an airline with a low service level.
RouteBKK to AMS via VIE
Date FlownMay 2016

"same seat like in economy"

(Bulgaria)

Verified Review | I flew Austrian Airlines short haul business class from Vienna to Sofia. The lounge in Vienna was nice and the ground service too. The food on board was excellent and the crew was friendly. I was the only passenger in business class. Basically the European short haul business class is the same seat like in economy, but just has the middle seat blocked.
RouteVIE to SOF
Date FlownMay 2016

"not be flying Austrian again"

Verified Review | Travelled to Delhi March 25th. Flight from LHR to VIE was good, friendly cabin crew, decent food; albeit it being the prepaid a la carte option. Once we got to Vienna, we found out our flight had been delayed 6hrs. We only found out about our flight being delayed via the board at the gate; there were no ground staff to inform passengers of this and when I trapsed down the other end of the terminal to the only counter that had any staff, the Austrian airlines representative was so rude. When the plane finally took off, the entertainment system had limited choice and the headphones were so bad, that even with the volume full it was drowned out by the engine. So films were watched with subtitles and no sound, which is annoying on a long haul flight. Again, the food was delicious on this flight and the selection of drinks/beverages was good. When it came to our flight home from Delhi, we arrived at the airport, giving all our documents to the guard who checks it before letting you proceed into the airport. He informed us that our flight didn’t exist anymore and we would need to book another ticket. So off we went to the help desk to which we were informed that Austrian had stopped their service from DEL to VIE and we’d been moved to a Lufthansa flight. This was fine, but we had not been informed and meant that we had arrived at the airport 6 hours early for our flight, which was now scheduled to depart at 2:45am. I queried about the a la carte food that I had paid £34 for and the staff said that was fine, but we received no special food, and Austrian have not refunded this to my card. I had no email from Austrian to inform me of this change and no emails from Lufthansa. We ended up flying into FRA instead of VIE and I had no way of contacting my family who travelled to pick me up. Will not be flying with Austrian again.
RouteLHR to DEL via VIE
Date FlownMarch 2016

"recommend this airline"

(Bulgaria)

Verified Review | I flew Austrian Airlines Economy Class from Sofia to Vienna on the new Embraer 195. The seat configuration was 2-2 and this was very comfortable. The lounge in Sofia Airport was also very nice. The crew was very friendly, but the only thing I didn't like was that the plane was late 30 minutes. I recommend this airline.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteSOF to VIE

"after service was 0/10"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I flew in February from Oslo to Bologna via Vienna with Austrian. The first leg was delayed by 1 hour, so at Vienna I had to rush to take the connecting flight to Bologna. The inflight service was poor, they served only a snack and some beverages. On the flight from VIE to BLQ they broke my suitcase, so I went to claim and the person in charge gave me a number to call, and even if I called a lot of times nobody replied. So the after service was 0/10.
AircraftFokker 100 / Dash 8 Q400
RouteOSL to BLQ via VIE
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"didn't buy a bus ticket"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | I was flying from Hamburg to Budapest via Vienna, and the Vienna to Budapest sector was cancalled at 9pm. The airline organised for us a bus transfer to Budapest. The way to Budapest (250 km Highway) took 4 hours and was horrible. Maybe they cancelled this flight because it would be unprofitable for the company, 13 passenger, distance 250 km - much cheaper with bus. But I didn't buy a bus ticket - I bought a flight ticket!
RouteHAM to BUD via VIE

"recommend this airline"

(Bulgaria)

Verified Review | Austrian Economy Class from Sofia to Vienna. The crew was very friendly and also very helpful with my brother. The food was the usual - snack and drinks (nothing special). I really like the seats which are leather. I recommend this airline.
RouteSOF to VIE
Date FlownDecember 2015

"I really liked it"

(Bulgaria)

I flew Austrian Business Class on the A320 from Vienna to Sofia (OS797) and I really liked it. I went to the Austrian Senator Lounge in Vienna and it was very nice and the food was excellent. When I boarded the plane, I was offered a welcome drink and right after takeoff I was served some fish. Now I'm looking forward to my next Business Class flight on Austrian.
RouteVIE to SOF
Date FlownJuly 2015

"was a nice long flight"

Verified Review | This was my second time flying with Austrian Airlines from Bangkok to Berlin-Tegel via Vienna. The flight was full of passangers and had 30 minutes delay. Starting from the check-in at BKK Airport, all economy counters are full with group booking check-in. So I had to wait longer. The check-in counters do not seem to know the product of Austrian Airlines, even though they wear Austrian uniform. They do not consider the customer frequent traveler status to be checked-in at business counter, where there was no long queuing. After I showed them the website of Austrian Airlines related to the right as frequent traveler, they permitted me to check-in at business counter. I ordered the vegetarian meal, but the cabin crew has given me a chicken. The seat is little bit narrow. Nevertheless, it was a nice long flight. The entertainment system was OK and a lot of choices of drinks.
RouteBKK to TXL via VIE