Top 100 Airlines

Austrian Airlines

"after service was 0/10"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I flew in February from Oslo to Bologna via Vienna with Austrian. The first leg was delayed by 1 hour, so at Vienna I had to rush to take the connecting flight to Bologna. The inflight service was poor, they served only a snack and some beverages. On the flight from VIE to BLQ they broke my suitcase, so I went to claim and the person in charge gave me a number to call, and even if I called a lot of times nobody replied. So the after service was 0/10.
AircraftFokker 100 / Dash 8 Q400
RouteOSL to BLQ via VIE
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"didn't buy a bus ticket"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | I was flying from Hamburg to Budapest via Vienna, and the Vienna to Budapest sector was cancalled at 9pm. The airline organised for us a bus transfer to Budapest. The way to Budapest (250 km Highway) took 4 hours and was horrible. Maybe they cancelled this flight because it would be unprofitable for the company, 13 passenger, distance 250 km - much cheaper with bus. But I didn't buy a bus ticket - I bought a flight ticket!
RouteHAM to BUD via VIE
Date FlownApril 2016

"recommend this airline"

(Bulgaria)

Verified Review | Austrian Economy Class from Sofia to Vienna. The crew was very friendly and also very helpful with my brother. The food was the usual - snack and drinks (nothing special). I really like the seats which are leather. I recommend this airline.
RouteSOF to VIE
Date FlownDecember 2015

"I really liked it"

(Bulgaria)

I flew Austrian Business Class on the A320 from Vienna to Sofia (OS797) and I really liked it. I went to the Austrian Senator Lounge in Vienna and it was very nice and the food was excellent. When I boarded the plane, I was offered a welcome drink and right after takeoff I was served some fish. Now I'm looking forward to my next Business Class flight on Austrian.
RouteVIE to SOF
Date FlownJuly 2015

"was a nice long flight"

Verified Review | This was my second time flying with Austrian Airlines from Bangkok to Berlin-Tegel via Vienna. The flight was full of passangers and had 30 minutes delay. Starting from the check-in at BKK Airport, all economy counters are full with group booking check-in. So I had to wait longer. The check-in counters do not seem to know the product of Austrian Airlines, even though they wear Austrian uniform. They do not consider the customer frequent traveler status to be checked-in at business counter, where there was no long queuing. After I showed them the website of Austrian Airlines related to the right as frequent traveler, they permitted me to check-in at business counter. I ordered the vegetarian meal, but the cabin crew has given me a chicken. The seat is little bit narrow. Nevertheless, it was a nice long flight. The entertainment system was OK and a lot of choices of drinks.
RouteBKK to TXL via VIE
Date FlownApril 2016

"best long haul experience "

(Hungary)

Washington to Vienna with Austrian Airlines. I do not like night flights because usually I cannot sleep, but this time I could go to sleep with its comfortable flat bed, cosy blanket and pillow. The food was really nice, again we had an on-board chef. The IFE had the latest movies, like the new Star Wars or Steve Jobs, the TV series was limited, but nothing to complain about. Arrive early at Vienna, all in all I would say the best long haul experience I had so far.
RouteIAD to VIE
Date FlownMarch 2016

"I was really impressed"

(Hungary)

First long haul experience with Austrian, from Vienna to Newark in business class. I was really impressed with the interior, the light blue and the skies really do calm the nerves. Food and catering was excellent, the on-board chef was really authentic. IFE was great, good selection of movies a d series. No delay, comfortable seats, a lot of space as only 4 seats are put in one row. Would fly them again, even though landing was a bit rough at Newark.
RouteVIE to EWR

"was pleasantly surprised"

(Hungary)

I flew Austrian Airlines before in economy class, but did not know what to expect in business class, since Budapest to Vienna is only a 30 min flight. I was pleasantly surprised. We received little sandwiches and drinks, the crew was very nice and the flight was smooth, no delays or other issues.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteBUD to VIE

"well below expectations"

I flew with Austrian Airlines from London Heathrow to Vienna and back in March 2016 in business class. I have been in business class within Europe with many airlines and I must say this was a let down. The business class product is well below expectations, and for me not worth the money. On both flights I was offered a small meal within the first 30 minutes of the flight. There were no drinks apart from coffee and a glass of orange juice served straight from the carton. There was no drinks trolley. After this meal was served, I did not see the attendant until the end of the flight. This is not business class to my opinion. Same experience in both legs. On a positive side, flights were on time and smooth. I would fly OS again in the future but I would not pay for business class again within Europe.
RouteLHR to VIE
Date FlownMarch 2016

"this flight was a let down"

After several excellent long-haul flights in biz class on Austrian. this flight from Vienna to Bangkok was a let down. Service was very average, very rushed and not personal at all. The reason might be that on this particular route you find mostly tourists on board, even in business class. The catering by Do&Co was outstanding as usual. Upon arrival in Bangkok priority immigrations passes were not handed out. All in all, the flight was nothing to write home about. I will sure give them another chance but expect better on the next flight.
RouteVIE to BKK