Best Economy Class Seats

Austrian Airlines

"inflight service very good"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Vienna to Zurich with Austrian Airlines. Boarding procedure was fast, the ground staff was very friendly, and despite the fact that the flight was completely booked out the plane took off in time. The inflight service was very good and the meal served was even better. The captain kept us well informed during the flight and provided helpful data concerning connection flights. As the staff at Vienna airport, the flying personnel seemed to enjoy their job and we disembarked happily.
RouteVIE to ZRH
Date FlownMay 2016

"aircraft clean and staff well groomed"

Verified Review | Manchester to Vienna with Austrian Airlines. Airport staff very courteous. Checked in luggage and proceeded to Sky Lounge priority pass. Flight was delayed for a hour. The seat I was allocated at the airport was exit aisle. Empty seat next to me which was great. The flight attendant was polite and engaged in conversation which is quite unusual. Since my inward and outward flights were with Austrian Airlines I found the aircraft to be clean and the staff well groomed and professional. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteMAN to VIE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a very frustrating experience"

The Austrian Airlines flight from Nice to Vienna was originally cancelled before being rescheduled. This on its own would be frustrating yet bearable, the true problems arrived in how both myself and many others were forced to wait for three hours before being even able to talk with airline staff. This treatment was without a doubt extremely frustrating. Beyond being forced to wait for an absurd amount of time, the compensation offered was negligible, despite how due to the delays we were arriving ten hours later. All in all a very frustrating and unsatisfactory experience was had.
RouteNCE to VIE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flight was simply average"

All in all the flight was simply average from Vienna to Bangkok. The food was disappointing. The cabin crew were rather old and not up to international standards. Entertainment was limited. Luckily the flight was almost empty in economy. Having tried to get an upgrade I was told business is full and they are evening downgrading people. Had to press the call button a number of times to get someone to bring some water. When someone finally came, I asked why I had to press the button ten times, she said 'sir we are experiencing turbulence' eventhough we really were not and the seat belt sign was off. Ultimately cabin crew are there to serve people.
RouteVIE to BKK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"quite pleasant journey"

Verified Review | Return trip from London Heathrow to Vienna with Austrian Airlines. Overall, quite pleasant journey. The outbound flight was late but that was due to weather so it wasn't really their fault. The plane was clean and relatively well maintained. Considering both legs were fully booked flights, the boarding process was quite smooth. The ground staff and FAs were courteous and helpful. The snack could be better even for short flight.
RouteLHR to VIE

"surprisingly quite comfortable"

Customer ground service at Washington IAD was very nice. Flight attendents greeted me with a smile as I boarded the plane. My seat was in the middle row, and was surprisingly quite comfortable. The Washington - Vienna flight was a 767, and looked young-ish. No rattling of cabin. Good inflight movie selection. Flight attendants proffesional and cordial and speedy inflight service. Good meals. 14h layover in VIE, ok accomodations at NH hotel. Boarded the flight to Yerevan, flight announcement in English, German, Armenian. Great dinner onboard, but craft looked like it had seen better days. Inflight staff helpful.No tv on A320. Disembarcation at Yerevan was a nightmare. Overall good experience. Would fly with Austrian again.
AircraftBoeing 767, A320
RouteIAD to EVN via VIE
Date FlownApril 2016

"avoid Austrian, avoid Vienna airport"

Verified Review | Early at the airport, I tried to get on an earlier flight for which the correct yet unfriendly employee in ticketing wanted to charge an extra €150. I decided to wait. Based on previous good experiences with Austrian (short and long haul), I decided to purchase an Upgrade to Business Class at the airline’s service desk in pier F. While queuing, I had ample opportunity to watch the demotivated, unfriendly and seemingly overstrained staff. Their supervisor made occasional appearances, discussing how to organise the shift and which employee could leave when, not casting a single look at the queue of meanwhile 20 impatient passengers. After more than half an hour, I was granted the privilege of acquiring the Upgrade for the amount of €225. I did not use the OS lounge - I was too fascinated to see the overcrowded airport and Austrian announcing one delay after the other. 'Due to he late arrival of the incoming aircraft'. Strangely, it was all Austrian planes that had left Vienna 2–3 hours before. On board, the added value of Business consisted of an empty seat besides me (as many were also in Economy), and an open curtain providing panoramic views of the cabin. The meal consisted of coleslaw, to mini meatballs and a stale jellyroll (see photo). An effrontery to charge €225 what at best did cost Austrian an incremental €10. My complaint afterwards was handled with a ‘copy and paste’ response. Avoid Austrian, avoid Vienna airport.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteVIE to GVA
Date FlownJune 2016

"onboard services were excellent"

Verified Review | Toronto to Bucharest via Vienna. The flight of Austrian Airlines for me and my wife from Toronto (Canada) to Bucharest (Romania), via Vienna, (Austria) was not what I had expected in terms of scheduling and mechanical problems, that led to a half-day delay and missing our my arranged pick-up from the airport to our hotel. However, the ground staff at Vienna was extremely helpful and courteous. We were offered a small lunch voucher to compensate for the delay. When I complained to Austrian Airlines after our trip to Eastern Europe, the customer service staff responded promptly. We were compensated for an amount of Canadian $100, which was much more than what I claimed for our loss. We appreciate the generosity of Austrian Airlines and the customer respect we received from this Airline. It appears that delay in flights is not unusual with Austrian Airlines. This may be an area that needs some improvement. However, the ground staff and on-board services were excellent and the food and drinks are good. The seats and on-board entertainment may need some attention. In summary, Austrian Airlines is a reasonable air travel carrier with excellent customer and on-board services.
RouteYYZ to OTP via VIE
Date FlownMay 2016

"would rather pay a bit more"

Verified Review | Went to Budapest with Lufthansa (on time and no issues) and returned with Austrian Airlines (delayed flight, missed connection, stay in Vienna). While I do have to say that the ground personnel attitude with us was a plus (maybe because of my Gold status?), the lack of information and impact on my work are unacceptable. What I find even more impressive was the sheer amount of people, from many destinations, that were at the service counter complaining or obtaining vouchers for restaurants and hotels. Wondering if/how this is even viable? I didn't book these tickets, they were a gift, and I was told they were close to the cheapest for this destination. Now I know why that is the case, I would rather pay a bit more and arrive on time.
RouteBUD to ZRH via VIE
Date FlownJune 2016

"helpful doing my rebooking"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Vienna to Frankfurt. I was going to fly with Brussels Airlines through Zaventem but due to the events there in March, I was rerouted and rebooked for this flight. The ground staff from Austrian Airlines was helpful doing my rebooking. Check-in and boarding was very simple and fast. The cabin was very clean and that bright red colours gave the cabin a classy, yet cheerful ambience. Room was more than adequate, and seats very comfortable. The meal was simple but very tasty and fresh. Staff was very polite, cheerful and nice. The flight was very quiet, no turbulence and the view over Austria and Germany was amazing! Will be flying with Austrian Airlines as soon as I have the chance!
RouteVIE to FRA