Austrian Airlines

"flight attendants are always friendly"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Flew Beijing to Vienna. Check in at PEK airport smooth and fast. Once on the plane warmly welcomed by the purser by name. The plane took off one hour late because of chinese airtraffic control. Just waiting beside the runway for taking off but still managed an almost on time arrival at VIE airport. The food on Austrian business class is always a dream. I could choose between 8 different starters from the cart, an additional soup, 3 main dishes and 5 different kinds of dessert. The dessert is normally served like in a Vienna cafe with a choice of many different types of coffee. I took my favorite one, Vienna ice coffee. The flight attendants are always friendly and offered frequently drinks and snacks during the flight. Since Austrian modified the business class cabin a few years ago I prefer to travel Austrian business than LH first class. I am a star alliance gold member and if I want to travel on time with a good service than I know that I have to choose Austrian as my carrier.
RouteBeijing to Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flights with gap of about 30min"

Verified Review | They schedule connections flights with gap of about 30min. That means if everything should run in perfect condition to be up to speed, which is unlikely and in Vienna airport which is big lack of information points. Airport staff very unfriendly. I wouldn’t suggest to use this company and airport as transit point.
RouteVienna to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I was really disappointed"

(Slovenia)

Verified Review | Graz to Sofia via Vienna. I have flown with Austrian Airlines for the first time and I was really disappointed. In the same week, they managed to be late on three out of four flights of mine with them. When I had lost my connecting flight, because the first flight was delayed, the personnel at the airport were extremely rude and not really willing to help find a solution for my situation. Apart from that Vienna Airport is not user friendly, uncomfortable chairs everywhere, not a single spot where you can take a nap and so on.
RouteGraz to Sofia via Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | My flight (0S88) over to Vienna was fine but on the way back on September 3rd is where the problem lies. Checked in and was given the opportunity to upgrade on FLT 0087 to business class. There was a delay and after several hours the flight was cancelled. They would not refund my credit card for the upgrade even though they just charged it several house prior. Took many hours in the airport to be rescheduled for another flight. That flight was the next day(8/4) and I was booked on Air Berlin to Berlin and then Delta to NY JFK. Air Berlin took off late and I was refused boarding on Delta. The airport in Berlin had an Austrian Airlines and Air Berlin representation. After hours of waiting in lines both companies did nothing to help me at all. Found out Air Berlin was in bankruptcy. Both said they were not direct company employees and could not give compensation for being stuck again another day. Delta re booked for the next day (8/5). No one took responsibility. Finally arrived home in Florida on September 6, with a hurricane bearing down on the state. My luggage? Lost somewhere in Berlin. Finally received it on September 12. Sent e-mails and calls to Austrian Air and no one responded.
RouteNew York JFK to Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2017

" a very nice flight"

Verified Review | Vienna to Brussels. It was a very nice flight. My second best flight in my life. Very friendly cabin crew, very good coffee and food. The flight was delayed but only for 15 minutes. The flight was very good and I had very nice relax there. I was shocked when we land and they play Mozart, this was was a very nice atmosphere). Thank you Austrian
RouteVienna to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2017

"friendly crew and free catering"

Verified Review | Flew Manchester to Klagenfurt via Vienna. Just like to say how smoothly everything went. Austrian allow web check-in 47 hours in advance which was very convenient. Both flights were on time, friendly crew and free catering (packet of snacks and beverages, including wine on international sector), even a quick cuppa from VIE-KLU, which all made for pleasant hop across to central Europe. Seat was fine, of leather and reclined. I'm a fan of the smaller aircraft, so enjoyed both flights. Vienna was a doddle (impressed) from getting off the plane to next gate with a bus transfer, passport and security checks - 15mins! Only had 40mins transfers time, no rush at all and luggage arrived safely too. Definitely would recommend this airline and hope fly with them soon again.
AircraftEmbraer 190 / Dash 400
RouteManchester to Klagenfurt via Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the worst food I have ever had on a plane"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Austrian Airlines flight from Bangkok to Vienna: Disciplined boarding, on time, clean plane, friendly crew (recognized as Gold Card member), good entertainment selection. Standard seats, very little reclining, but fortunately, I had a free seat next to me. Some of the worst food I have ever had on a plane: absolutely tasteless chicken and equally tasteless mashed potatoes, you simply do not know what you are eating, otherwise, totally eventless flight.
RouteBangkok to Prague via Vienna

"They delayed my flight"

(Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Verified Review | Sarajevo to Amsterdam via Vienna. Very rude and it takes them so long to answer your call and give information. They delayed my flight and didn't even let me know what will happen with my connecting flight. Also they give themselves the right to take away your cabin luggage and lose it afterwards. Never flying with this company again.
RouteSarajevo to Amsterdam via Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"inconvenient to lose luggage"

Verified Review | Cairo to Zurich via Vienna. This is the fourth time I have taken this trip. Two of the four times my baggage hasn't arrived on time and takes at least 2 days to arrive to the required destination. Austrian Airlines always offers this route with a maximum of 1.5 hours transit at Vienna (either way). If they cannot offer speedy bag transfer they should by default increase their transit time. It is extremely inconvenient to lose luggage and wait for more than 24 hours to get them.
RouteCairo to Zurich via Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"happily fly with OS again"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Vienna. Another pleasant flight with Austrian, meal was fine, frequent drinks services, crew happy to provide an extra snack or drink. Plane's entertainment system was well stocked with plenty of good movies and music. Was seated in standard economy, but in a kind of 3-row mini-cabin between business and bathrooms, so it felt more private than regular cattle class. Will happily fly with OS again.
RouteNew York JFK to Vienna