Top 100 Airports

Austrian Airlines

"meal was simple but good"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Flew from Athens to Vienna with Austrian Airlines. Boarding procedure was easy and fast, the ground staff was friendly. The inflight service was good and the meal served was simple but good. Some snacks and coffee. Seats were not so comfortable but they are ok for short distances (3x3,5h).
RouteATH to VIE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"lack of support and communication"

Verified Review | Dubrovnik to London Heathrow via Vienna. Shockingly bad. Our first flight was delayed which meant we missed our connecting flight. When we arrived at Vienna there was no information for us as to where we supposed to go to. There was literally no staff for at least 8 gates. When we did find someone hey told us to go to the gate our original flight was leaving from. We went, the flight had left and again no one around. On the service desk they rebooked a flight with BA. There was no apology for our delay. We were given instructions to leave the departures and go back through arrivals to check our baggage in. When we questioned another person they gave us different instructions and were told to go straight to the gate. The lack of support and communication was appalling.
RouteDBV to LHR via VIE

"inflight entertainment excellent"

Verified Review | I flew Austrian from Miami to Stockholm via Vienna. Flight was on one of their Boeing 767-300's. These planes according to their website have all had their interiors redone, and it seemed that was the case. The inside looked fresh and modern. The seats were fine and the inflight entertainment systems were excellent with what seemed like HD screens. I flew economy, food and service were acceptable, and flight crew pleasant. Both flights arrived on time or early. I would fly Austrian again.
RouteMIA to ARN via VIE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"leg room was tight from the start"

Verified Review | Austrian Airlines Boeing 777 from Vienna to Bangkok the leg room was tight from the start but when the passenger in front put the seat back, I was riding sidesaddle for the rest of the trip. Also on Austrian, you get one meal (not bad quality) and then a sandwich with a yoghurt for the second meal just before landing at Bangkok. The experience, by contrast was even more disappointing when we then proceeded to Sydney on a Thai Airways 747 (also 10 hours) with sufficient leg room and delicious food. The service was friendlier too.
AircraftBoeing 777 - 200
RouteVIE to BKK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"hungry and upset with experience"

Verified Review | London to Tehran via Vienna. Staff were generally polite and helpful. However, booking online is a capricious system experience. Biggest problem was extremely low quality of inflight food. Lunch was a 1$ packet of pritzel and cup of tea for a 2 hour flight to Vienna. Dinner was boiled pasta with ketchup sauce, no meat. Bread was served in open basket with many many passengers dipping their hands into the basket to take bread and talking over the bread basket. Totally unhygienic. Total flight cost almost $1000 and 7 hours flight. Arrived hungry and upset with the experience. The cabin staff were polite and agreed catering was unacceptable, but it is out of their control.
RouteLHR to IKA via VIE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"pleasant and efficient experience"

(Czech Republic)

Nice to Prague via Vienna for the first time with Austrian Airlines. On the route to VIE a brand-new E195, nice and spacious cabin and nice cabin crew. Only a small cake was offered for breakfast on this early departing flight and I was expecting something more. LH for example, offers a hot snack on the most of their morning flights but it was tasty and enough for this such a shorter European route. Complimentary soft drinks provided. Transfer at VIE very fast and efficient within approx. 45 minutes in the "F gates" section. Driven by bus to the terminal from the apron stand. Route from VIE to PRG to be operated by lovely and smaller turboprop DH4, feeling like a swallow above the clouds - I do love these prop-types very much and always to be pleased to fly them. A very short flight that took 45 minutes. No snack offered, drinks only. A pleasant and efficient experience to fly Austrian.
AircraftE195 / DH8-400
RouteNCE to PRG via VIE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"recommend flying with Austrian"

Verified Review | Flew with Austrian Airlines from Hamburg to Vienna and back to Berlin-Tegel. The booking process was very easy and clear. I booked tickets for my in-laws and for my family. My in-laws flew back to Hamburg and there was one thing I didn't like: I found out a few weeks before our flight that their return flight to HAM was cancelled. I didn't get any message, I just found out because I something check if our flights are okay. I called Austrian and they immediately booked them on a later flight but I think that it's very bad that didn't inform us. They couldn't even tell me a reason why I didn't get an e-mail. With our flights everything went well. The flight attendants were friendly, snacks and drinks were provided and the leg room was HUGE (I would say I nearly had 10cm room and I could stretch out my legs very well (I'm 1.67m) and even my boyfriend who is 1.90m had enough space). The flight HAM-VIE was delayed for 20 minutes but we arrived just 10 minutes late which was okay. The flight VIE-TXL departed on time and arrived nearly 15 minutes early. I recommend flying with Austrian Airlines and I would consider flying them on long haul flights due to the huge legroom in Economy Class.
RouteHAM to VIE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"inflight service very good"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Vienna to Zurich with Austrian Airlines. Boarding procedure was fast, the ground staff was very friendly, and despite the fact that the flight was completely booked out the plane took off in time. The inflight service was very good and the meal served was even better. The captain kept us well informed during the flight and provided helpful data concerning connection flights. As the staff at Vienna airport, the flying personnel seemed to enjoy their job and we disembarked happily.
RouteVIE to ZRH
Date FlownMay 2016

"aircraft clean and staff well groomed"

Verified Review | Manchester to Vienna with Austrian Airlines. Airport staff very courteous. Checked in luggage and proceeded to Sky Lounge priority pass. Flight was delayed for a hour. The seat I was allocated at the airport was exit aisle. Empty seat next to me which was great. The flight attendant was polite and engaged in conversation which is quite unusual. Since my inward and outward flights were with Austrian Airlines I found the aircraft to be clean and the staff well groomed and professional. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteMAN to VIE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a very frustrating experience"

The Austrian Airlines flight from Nice to Vienna was originally cancelled before being rescheduled. This on its own would be frustrating yet bearable, the true problems arrived in how both myself and many others were forced to wait for three hours before being even able to talk with airline staff. This treatment was without a doubt extremely frustrating. Beyond being forced to wait for an absurd amount of time, the compensation offered was negligible, despite how due to the delays we were arriving ten hours later. All in all a very frustrating and unsatisfactory experience was had.
RouteNCE to VIE