Aurigny Air

Review by (Australia)

We flew Ryanair to Stansted to connect with this flight. Ryanair late and baggage took 30 minutes to get to carousel which meant we were late for bag drop (minimum one hour for domestic flight). Rang Aurigny to see if we could get our bags processed 50 minutes before departure time. No go and no assistance. I was in the middle of booking flights for the next day when a staff member Menzies Aviation came out, and asked if he could assist us. When we explained the situation he told us the flight had been delayed and he would see if he could get our bags on. 2 minutes later all sorted no thanks to Aurigny. Our flight left 40 minutes late anyway and as we have now found out their flights had been delayed by fog. So why didn't the "customer service" person at Aurigny know that and also offer to see if we could join that flight? Maybe it was because she had no customer skills and spoke to me as if I was trying to put something over her.
RouteStansted to Alderney via Guernsey
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

We had a weekend trip to Guernsey from Gatwick. Both flights were late. On the return flight, seated at the back of the aircraft I was subject to the flight attendants' conversation grumbling about their job and their employer. I feel a little put off from making future leisure trips to Guernsey, as this airline is quite expensive, suffers delays, and does not provide the warmest service.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteLGW to Guernsey
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

A great no frills, low cost airline. I highly recommend for little inter-island hops around the Channel Islands. However I am prompted to write a review today due to really appalling customer service via telephone this week. A tetchy member of staff, a very poor line (or as I suspect chin to mouth piece) a stroppy, irritated response when I could not hear well, a curt reply to my inquiry and the phone going dead before I could scarcely say thank you and good bye. Courtesy costs nothing. I await my next flight in trepidation and am giving a high score for previous trips and polite, well mannered staff.
RouteSouthampton to Guernsey
Date FlownDecember 2014

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew from LCY to GCI return. Outbound: Quick and easy check in at LCY, straight through security then to departures. LCY can get quite busy in the mornings but managed to find a seat without any problems. Bused to the aircraft. Onboard great friendly service, complimentary drink and duty free items offered. Flight time approx. 1 hour. Return: Check in at GCI can be a bit slow espicially if there are a couple of other flights departing around the same time. Same friendly service on board for the return trip. The aircraft used is the smaller version of the ATRs they have in their fleet but offers the same cabin layout as the bigger ATR aircraft, the seat pitch is exactly the same. This is Aurigny's newest route and is a great alternative to Gatwick and would highly recommend this for anyone starting or finishing their journey in central London. If you book in advance the fares are reasonable and once you factor the train cost to Gatwick the fare is not much different. LCY is a great airport to travel through, quick, easy and hassle free compared to the bigger London airports.
AircraftATR42
RouteLondon City to Guernsey
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

We flew to Gatwick from Guernsey on 24th April excellent and early flight and great crew but we waited an hour and 10 minutes from leaving the plane to retrieving our luggage. No one to ask in the CI luggage reclaim area you couldn't go back nor leave the area. Unacceptable I am afraid. We would have understood had their been a security alert or another problem but nobody communicated with us. Luckily we did not miss any on going connections but come on how difficult is it to unload a plane and get bags through in a quick manner?

Review by (Ireland)

Flew from MAN to GCI and then from GCI to BRS over Easter weekend. Not bad value considering they pretty much the only way of getting to Guernsey. Free bag soft drink and newspaper but you would want to be incredibly short to have any hope of being comfortable in these seats for any amount of time. The crew on board we very professional and pleasant to deal with and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Flight from GCI to BRS was operated by VLM on a Fokker 50 that was as old as the hills still it had a lot more legroom than the ATR on the previous flight. Nice service by nice crew on a short flight.

Review by (Austria)

Flew the first time with Aurigny from LGW to GCI and return. All flights were on time aircraft still looks very new comfortable seats with enough leg space flight attendants doing their best to offer free drinks and the Guernsey Press within the short flight time and 20 kg luggage was included in ticket price. Overall it was a surprising good value for money and I felt well-cared all the time will definitely recommended this airline.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I fly Gatwick-Guernsey-Alderney or Southampton-Alderney return about eight times a year. The service is excellent value for money (considering the costs of operating old small planes) always a friendly smile at Southampton and in Alderney. More a community bus service than an airline except the new Embraer 195 used on Gatwick-Guernsey is very sleek and professional. You spend longer waiting for bags at Gatwick sometimes than actually in the air - so tend to stick to Southampton (plane to train personal best so far at 3 minutes 40 seconds). Fantastic.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I flew GCI-LGW-GCI in November. 5 minutes early on departure. Arrival into LGW early. Even the bags arrived quickly. Cabin crew under pressure to serve the free drinks but got there. On return the only slight delay was the need for the long taxi down to the end of the runway at Gatwick. On time arrival. On E195 super plane 31m flight. Bag delivery in GCI could be improved though very slow. I have travelled 30+ times on Aurigny this year. Never let me down they always get me home.

Review by (France)

I flew from Jersey to Alderney via Guernsey and experienced delays. Not really a problem as had been warned by telephone of the delay in Guernsey and the fact that it happened in Jersey was immaterial. Everyone was perfectly friendly and civilised. However a few days later I flew from Alderney to Gatwick via Guernsey and while the flight was fine and everything on time I found the ground and cabin staff to be offhand at the very least and was made to feel as if I was an idiot when I undid my seatbelt to pay for my drink and when I asked for information on arrival in Guernsey. I really think that as a small airline if they want to attract customers they should give their staff better training in their general approach. Just a smile and a pleasant way of speaking would be an improvement on a sigh and a grimace.