Top 100 Airlines

Aurigny Air

"cost is diabolically high"

Southampton to Alderney. Some positives. We left on time and arrived on time both out and on return. Check in was fine but having checked in on line, this was and is a complete waste of time for this route currently. The plane is very noisy so take ear plugs and space is also at a premium so not much room. The flight is about 45 mins. The cost is diabolically high and for anyone to suggest this is a cheap flight they are clearly on something. We paid over £410 there and back with 2 travelling. I can get to the States cheaper than this. They say there is a customer focus attitude. A week before or flights we were rung up and told our return flight was cancelled and so we had been moved onto a flight 2 hours previous. We asked about compensation and clearly the customer focus attitude was abroad on that day, because we were told that we can cancel if we wish. What are we going to do - walk? We could of course fly with another airline but of course there isn't one, so they can do what they like. I was advised that that they also forced the shutdown of a local boat shuttle service to Guernsey, where you could get a Flybe flight to Gatwick or Stansted.
AircraftTrislander
RouteSOU to ACI
Date FlownApril 2016

"have been a good airline"

Been going with Aurigny Air for years now to fly over to Guernsey and they have been a good airline. Did have a delay in 2015, our flight from Gatwick to Guernsey was supposed to fly out at 10:00 and was delayed till 12:30 so we got the minibus to the plane (as my relative is disabled) got to the place and the plane wasn't even there and was still in Guernsey so we came back into the airport and then got called back down at around 3 - we didn't get any vouchers. A 5 hour delay is nothing compared to other reviews about Aurigny however the flight back was peaceful and the new jet makes the journey quicker - even had a chat to the pilot and cabin crew whilst waiting on the plane to get the minibus and they were all very friendly and pleasant
AircraftATR
RouteLGW to GCI
Date FlownMay 2015

"urgent training required "

Aurigny Customer Service staff must be the worst in the world, the recent fog caused some delays at U.K airports, whilst still on the island having a meal before my flight at a local restaurant I heard that there was flight delays so I telephone Aurigny to find out how long etc, I was told no all is well get here on time. Turned up for my 5.15pm flight at just before 4pm and was immediately told story five hour flight delay nothing we can do, went to customer services - who were useless. Whilst I was speaking to a man there, a lady in the back ground put a leaflet on the counter in front of me and said "its all in there" and went back to her seat and sat down, the leaflet was about delays, great customer service. We went upstairs and ordered some snacks and drinks and just as I paid, tannoy announced that our flight was now leaving ASAP and was going to Liverpool, not Manchester and that a coach would be there waiting to take us to Manchester. We left everything, checked in and then sat for over an hour in departures. Finally arriving at Liverpool guess what no coach and no one aware of this arrangement, eventually a Liverpool airport member of staff said she was arranging a coach for us, some people asked if a taxi would be paid for by Aurigny and they were told no, now near 10pm and most of the passengers now left making their own way to Manchester the member of staff returned and said she may have a coach for us, and then said where is everyone. Well they have all gone was the reply and we are off too, thanks for the help. Aurigny`s objective was just to get shut, thanks to them I had to make my own way to Manchester at 11pm collect my car and then drive back through the thick fog getting home at near 1am, it would have been safer for all just to get the next safe flight out. When I telephone Aurigny for a refund for the taxi I was told no chance, not our fault and once off the island not our problem and that they are not part of the EU rules. When I tried to put my point I was then told by the young girl on the phone that she was now terminating the call. After a couple of calls I have now been told that I am getting my Taxi fare back but thats it, no compensation for the delay at Liverpool as we were off the island and not their problem. Customer services at the airport and on the phone score nil, urgent training required nothing complex just the art of communication would be a good start, how to talk to people.
RouteGuernsey to MAN via LPL
Date FlownNovember 2015

Aurigny Air customer review

We flew Ryanair to Stansted to connect with this flight. Ryanair late and baggage took 30 minutes to get to carousel which meant we were late for bag drop (minimum one hour for domestic flight). Rang Aurigny to see if we could get our bags processed 50 minutes before departure time. No go and no assistance. I was in the middle of booking flights for the next day when a staff member Menzies Aviation came out, and asked if he could assist us. When we explained the situation he told us the flight had been delayed and he would see if he could get our bags on. 2 minutes later all sorted no thanks to Aurigny. Our flight left 40 minutes late anyway and as we have now found out their flights had been delayed by fog. So why didn't the "customer service" person at Aurigny know that and also offer to see if we could join that flight? Maybe it was because she had no customer skills and spoke to me as if I was trying to put something over her.
RouteStansted to Alderney via Guernsey
Date FlownAugust 2015

Aurigny Air customer review

We had a weekend trip to Guernsey from Gatwick. Both flights were late. On the return flight, seated at the back of the aircraft I was subject to the flight attendants' conversation grumbling about their job and their employer. I feel a little put off from making future leisure trips to Guernsey, as this airline is quite expensive, suffers delays, and does not provide the warmest service.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteLGW to Guernsey
Date FlownAugust 2015

Aurigny Air customer review

A great no frills, low cost airline. I highly recommend for little inter-island hops around the Channel Islands. However I am prompted to write a review today due to really appalling customer service via telephone this week. A tetchy member of staff, a very poor line (or as I suspect chin to mouth piece) a stroppy, irritated response when I could not hear well, a curt reply to my inquiry and the phone going dead before I could scarcely say thank you and good bye. Courtesy costs nothing. I await my next flight in trepidation and am giving a high score for previous trips and polite, well mannered staff.
RouteSouthampton to Guernsey
Date FlownDecember 2014

Aurigny Air customer review

Flew from LCY to GCI return. Outbound: Quick and easy check in at LCY, straight through security then to departures. LCY can get quite busy in the mornings but managed to find a seat without any problems. Bused to the aircraft. Onboard great friendly service, complimentary drink and duty free items offered. Flight time approx. 1 hour. Return: Check in at GCI can be a bit slow espicially if there are a couple of other flights departing around the same time. Same friendly service on board for the return trip. The aircraft used is the smaller version of the ATRs they have in their fleet but offers the same cabin layout as the bigger ATR aircraft, the seat pitch is exactly the same. This is Aurigny's newest route and is a great alternative to Gatwick and would highly recommend this for anyone starting or finishing their journey in central London. If you book in advance the fares are reasonable and once you factor the train cost to Gatwick the fare is not much different. LCY is a great airport to travel through, quick, easy and hassle free compared to the bigger London airports.
AircraftATR42
RouteLondon City to Guernsey
Date FlownJune 2015

Aurigny Air customer review

We flew to Gatwick from Guernsey on 24th April excellent and early flight and great crew but we waited an hour and 10 minutes from leaving the plane to retrieving our luggage. No one to ask in the CI luggage reclaim area you couldn't go back nor leave the area. Unacceptable I am afraid. We would have understood had their been a security alert or another problem but nobody communicated with us. Luckily we did not miss any on going connections but come on how difficult is it to unload a plane and get bags through in a quick manner?

Aurigny Air customer review

Flew from MAN to GCI and then from GCI to BRS over Easter weekend. Not bad value considering they pretty much the only way of getting to Guernsey. Free bag soft drink and newspaper but you would want to be incredibly short to have any hope of being comfortable in these seats for any amount of time. The crew on board we very professional and pleasant to deal with and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Flight from GCI to BRS was operated by VLM on a Fokker 50 that was as old as the hills still it had a lot more legroom than the ATR on the previous flight. Nice service by nice crew on a short flight.

(Austria)

Flew the first time with Aurigny from LGW to GCI and return. All flights were on time aircraft still looks very new comfortable seats with enough leg space flight attendants doing their best to offer free drinks and the Guernsey Press within the short flight time and 20 kg luggage was included in ticket price. Overall it was a surprising good value for money and I felt well-cared all the time will definitely recommended this airline.