Vote Now

ASKY Airlines

"it was nothing but a nightmare"

Verified Review | Lome to Lagos. Horrible, it was nothing but a nightmare, and detestable experience. I regret ever buying that ticket and felt I just wasted my money and time. I got to Lagos on Dec 17th with only my hand luggage. I was told my two luggages did not make it to Lagos. They were left at Lome with others because our connecting flight the ASKY airplane is small and cannot carry too much load. They will be flown to Lagos at no particular date. So, I was asked to check with them every day. Meanwhile, I had no clothes, footwear and every item I was to use for my daughter's wedding on December 22nd was in those two suit cases. I checked on the airline for three consecutive days and could not go home with my luggage. I ended up repurchasing clothes for my entire stay and for my daughter's wedding. I was only able to collect my luggages on January 2nd more than two weeks after I arrived Lagos, and the next day boarded the useless plane back to Lome before connecting Ethiopian Airlines back to Newark. Meanwhile, I had excess luggage as a result of all the new clothes I bought for my stay, since the one I brought was left at Lome. I pleaded for mercy so I will not be charged excess luggage fee but all fell on deaf ears. I gave them my debit card to pay for the excess luggage, but was told their POS machine wasn't working and as such I have to pay cash. Meanwhile I had no cash on me, the representative flatly told me there's nothing he can do. Either I pay cash or I will miss the flight. I sought for the manager, he gave me the worst response any traveler would want to hear. He blamed his inefficiency on Ethiopian Airline another connecting flight. They closed their counter, leaving me running around for cash. When eventually I brought the cash, I was told it was too late. I did not receive any apology for my luggages that I got 2 weeks after my arrival which was the reason for my excess luggage. My case was not an isolated one. It was the same for thousands of travelers who used their services last December. All they do is ruin their customers vacation and make them cry for the airlines mistake. Stay away from them if service, efficiency and respect and dignity matter to you.
RouteLFW to LOS
Date FlownDecember 2016

"never fly the airline again"

Lome to Conakry with ASKY Airlines. Well let's start out on the first part of the trip, showed up to the airport at 4 am to get told my flight is delayed until 9 am. The delay was because Bakmao airport was under construction which when we arrived, nothing was under construction. Having this delayed made me miss my flight from Lome to the USA. Now returning back to Conakry, Arriving in Lome we got off the airlines looking for a representative for the airlines to have to wait in line for an hour (only 8 people) to get told my luggage may or may not be on the flight. So I took it upon myself to go get my luggage and recheck it. After getting to my gate, the flight was delayed an hour an half without any word from the representatives explaining why. Only thing they would say is wait here and sit. After finally boarding it was again delayed another 30 minutes. After arriving in Bamako, I watched my luggage exit the plane, I let the flight workers know and they said they would check on it. After sitting at the airport for 30 minutes they told me it was taken care of. After arriving to Conakry I was told my luggage was left in Bakamo along with 10 other passengers and will receive it in two days. This airline has been nothing but a disappointment and I will never fly the airline again and will not recommend it.
RouteLFW to CKY
Date FlownJanuary 2017

ASKY Airlines customer review

Not very good. The flight from Accra to Lome was late. My flight from Lome to Adoula was cancelled. Very poor information from airline management at Lome. No information as to when our flight from Lome to Aduola would be going ahead. In the end we were woken up at 3am in our hotel and told to check out at 4am. Unfortunately the airport at Lome didn't open till 5am so I and everybody else sat around until then. Still when the flight took off we got to Adoula in reasonable time. There seems to be some issues with management control/ passenger information that seriously need addressing.

(South Africa)

Travelled on ASKY from Douala-Bangui. I asked to see my bag prior to it being loaded to verify it was actually there. I was able to see my bag however when I arrived in Bangui I found out it was not loaded along with other passengers baggage. I was told this was because the flight was too full and the baggage was offloaded due to weight. Despite numerous phone calls and emails I still not have received my bag. ASKY agents have shown no interest whatsoever I arrived in Bangui with no other clothing. The flight was booked through Ethiopian Airlines as they claim to be "partners" Ethiopian said they cannot help once ASKY receive the bag. I would not recommend this airline to anyone they are arrogant and have no customer service at all!

ASKY Airlines customer review

Douala to Accra via Lome. No real problems at check in just had to pay a little for excess baggage which was mercifully cheap. The only problem was finding the departure gate which was right at the end of the right arm. It looked closed until you navigated round a few doors. The flight left a little early. The aircraft for this leg into Lome was a new Q400. Basic snack was provided on what was a short flight. Lome was chaos - the airport is just not big enough to act as any sort of hub as it does for ASKY. So I only just made the connecting flight after all the queues. This time a new 737 for the 20 minute hop down to Accra. Again no problems with this leg. Overall a pretty good experience - they just need to sort out Lome. There is some construction work going on nearby so maybe that will be resolved.

ASKY Airlines customer review

I travelled Ghana to Freetown on ASKY. There were delays leaving Accra- but in Africa this is usually expected. On my return trip- from Freetown to Accra I arrived at the airport almost 3 hours early to find out - from the security guard - that the flight did not come in the night before so the flight was cancelled. No ASKY agent was there at that time so I waited more people showed up for the flight and they actually called their travel agent who called ASKY and said the flight was cancelled. They just booked on another airline and left. I purchased my ticket through Ethiopian Air and did not have any contact details (there are no phone numbers on the web site or anything). So I waited at the airport for an ASKY rep to tell me what to do and when the next flight would be. I waited until after my flight should have departed. Having no money and the hotels not taking credit cards I could not stay overnight to try the next day. Plus I missed my connection in Accra. So I had to purchase a British air flight to get home. Paying for a new ticket and forfeiting both my return ASKY flight as well as my flight home to Canada from Ghana. Once home I had my colleagues in get me contact info for ASKY. I emailed them and followed up with a phone call - I was told to contact my travel agent. I called Ethiopia air- and they said they have nothing to do with it. I have emailed ASKY numerous times no response. I highly recommend no one use this airline.

ASKY Airlines customer review

A great little airline launched recently in Togo with the backing of Ethiopian Airlines. The return journey from Banjul to Freetown was made as straightforward as possible by Asky who laid on the connecting bus and fast ferry as part of the ticket costs from the strangely located Lungi Airport on one side of the wide river estuary to Freetown on the other. Not all the airlines flying into Freetown do this so full marks to Asky. The flights were really smooth in good aircraft with courteous and helpful cabin crew. A very welcome discovery and an airline that I'm busily recommending now to friends and colleagues in Banjul & Freetown.