Vote Now

Asiana Airlines

"the value was outstanding"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Seoul Incheon. Several prior reviewers helped me pick my business class seat due to configuration of the business class cabin. If you are traveling alone, try to get the 2 seats that have the side table facing the aisles - otherwise you will be sitting very close to someone you don't know (look at seat configuration map of Asiana's A380 business class to see what I'm saying). Try to get the window seat in which the side table faces the aisle for more privacy. The service was polite and courteous. However, if you are used to Western food service style, don't expect the flight attendants to come around repetitively to see if your drinks are filled - you'll have to ring the bell to get refills. I find this to be typical of Asian food service, whether on land or in the air - that staff rarely come around to make sure glasses/cups are refilled. Also, strange that the rolls that came with dinner never had butter served (both on inbound and outbound flights). Seats were great and the blankets were lightly insulated and were quite comfortable. Toiletry kit supplied on inbound (ICN to JFK), but not outbound flight. Excellent wine and liquor selections. AVOD selection of movies was not the most I've seen, but more than adequate. Plenty of music tracks to pick from. Biggest drawback - no WiFi - hopefully Asiana is planning to implement this option soon. Business class lounge in JFK used the Swissair lounge and had only breakfast items were available even though it was 12 noon. Business lounge in ICN better. Check-in, boarding, luggage claim all were quick and efficient. Overall, this was the least expensive business class ticket to Seoul and the value was outstanding.
RouteJFK to ICN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"cabin crew looked friendly"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Seoul Incheon. I wanted to pay for an upgrade on the ground but the staff at the check in did not know how to do it. The B777 was old, I had seat 30H, emergency row and it was actually comfortable and 1 more pitch reclining, not bad. IFE old, really small screens and bad brightness which made difficult to follow the movie. IFE selection very poor. The cabin crew looked friendly and they were working the whole time but English was poor. The food was regular, I had a sort of chicken I didn't eat just the jelly as dessert. Limited soft drinks though.
RouteHKG to ICN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"not expecting Asiana to be so good"

I recently flew Asiana from Chicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul Incheon and was not expecting Asiana to be so good. My flight from Chicago to Incheon was pretty good. The flight attendants were very nice, and gave me like lots of snacks. The inflight entertainment was not great but not bad. A little outdated. The food was okay but could be better. The seat comfort was great and I even had a row to myself for me to sleep. The flight from Incheon to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) was very good. The food was delicious and the technology was great. The inflight entertainment was still kind of shabby. I flew the A321 from Incheon to Saigon. Overall, I think Asiana is so much better than American Airlines and the other US based Airlines.
RouteORD to SGN via ICN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"check in from within the city"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Cebu to Seoul Incheon on a regional A321. Food choice was Asian or pasta, no Korean food - maybe on return flight. IFE was small screens that folded down, 1 for every 3 rows or so. Had a hite beer with the sweet sour fish. Biggest plus is ability to use check in from within the city near the mall. I liked the good legroom, seat 27F, thanks to check in counter lady. Food and drinks nice and FA service also. Paid 377USD.
RouteCEB to ICN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"I would fly them again"

Asiana Airlines it was the best option to Hong Kong from New York via Seoul on short notice. Flight was delayed two hours from JFK, not sure how much control Asiana has over that matter, though, as New York is notoriously a problem. Pleasantly surprised, had an upstairs seat in business on a new A380. Flight attendants were great, and the inflight meal was very good (if you like Korean food). Woke up during the flight while everyone else was sleeping and they made me a custom bowl of ramen noodles that was pretty good. Movie choices were good enough, and although it wasn't quite an Emirates flight (that's a ridiculous experience) it was good and I would fly them again.
RouteJFK to HKG via ICN

"going the extra mile"

(South Africa)

Hong Kong to Incheon with Asiana Airlines. The service that I received from Asiana Airlines staff at Hong Kong and Incheon airports was outstanding. A friendly lady met me at the arrival gate in Hong Kong and quickly escorted me through security to my departure gate as the connection was tight. This was unexpected and a surprise to me to receive such remarkable assistance without any prior arrangement. The staff at the gate were friendly and gave me an upfront warning that due to the tight connection my bag may not be in time for the flight to Incheon. They then explained the procedure should my bag not arrive. The staff at Incheon airport assisted me in a friendly and professional manner and then to top it all, the airline delivered my bag to my hotel the next day. This was my first experience with Asiana. The overall service, friendly and professional staff and 'going the extra mile' attitude and service that I received will stay with me for the rest of my life. Thank you Asiana Airlines.
RouteHKG to ICN

"Marvelous flight"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Short flight from Seoul Incheon to Tokyo Haneda. Marvelous flight. Got upgraded to front row business class window seat for free! Experience from check-in and arrival were pleasant. Asiana is one of airline companies providing city check-in facility in Seoul (near Samseong area). I went to the airport only with phones, wallet and passport; very convenient. Seat does not form a flat bed, but more than comfy for a 1hr30m flight. Continuously flowing champagne accompanying a very nice creamy western black-rock fish dish. IFE content and quality adequate, but too many compulsory advertisements that passengers cannot skip. Baggage handling at busy Haneda Airport was professional. I had an extra big package and ground staff was more than helpful assisting me unpack. All in all, satisfied.
RouteICN to HND
Date FlownOctober 2016

"the aircraft had changed"

Verified Review | I recently traveled from Seoul (ICN) to LAX on Asiana. I bought a Business class for me and my wife. When I checked in at the counter, I was informed that the aircraft had changed and there are no Smartium Seats in the aircraft - (there was no email telling me such an aircraft change) Only seats they had was lower grade seats. The seats were uncomfortable and lumpy to say the least. I had a reason to purchase a certain seats, and to be forced to settle with less than what I purchased was dishonorable.
RouteICN to LAX
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cabin service always pleasant£

Verified Review | New York JFK to Kota Kinabalu via Seoul. This was the first time I have flown with Asiana Airlines in fact, I hadn't even heard of this airline until my travel agent booked me flights with them. I was very skeptical at first, but after reading positive online reviews felt far more comfortable about our long journey from New York to Borneo (and back again). Whilst every flight I took was delayed (up to an hour each time) and arrived slightly later than scheduled, I easily made my connections and the flights were generally okay. The economy seats provided plenty of leg room and the meals served were very good for "airplane food". I should, however, have remembered to order a special meal in advance, as during my first flight only beef or pork was offered, neither of which I eat. I shyly mentioned this to the cabin staff, and they very graciously went and raided First Class to bring me back a tray full of fresh fruits, cheese and crackers. Not quite a filling meal, but the thought was there and I was most grateful to have something to eat. As others have mentioned, the inflight entertainment can leave a little to be desired (for example, on our second flight (ICN-BKI, 5 hours), only 4 Hollywood films were offered. It was much better on the longer flights. Bathrooms were clean on all planes and I love the little sachets of mouthwash they provide. Despite the delays, I arrived at my destinations safely each time. The cabin service was always pleasant, and I managed to get a decent sleep on each leg of my journey. I would definitely consider flying with Asiana again in the future, should my travels take me on one of their routes.
RouteJFK to BKI via ICN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"extremely comfortable and smooth ride"

(China)

Verified Review | Short flight from Beijing to Seoul. After reading many rave reviews, this was my first time flying with Asiana and I was not disappointed. Preceding flight from Incheon arrived past the intended boarding time, but not an issue for me as it allowed me more time to drink my Cappuccino from the Costa Coffee at Capital Airport's Terminal 3. Flight departed about 20 minutes late, but landed in Incheon fairly close to the originally intended arrival time. Aircraft was new with comfortable seating and ample legroom. Cabin was fairly cold which is understandable considering the level of humidity throughout Southeast Asia this time of year. Drink refreshments were not offered after takeoff, but a full meal and coffee/tea service followed soon after. Very pleased with the quality and portions of the meal. IFE was entertaining but really didn't get to enjoy it as much considering flight duration was less than two hours. Most importantly, the staff were helpful, positive, welcoming, and accommodating. Only regret is not purchasing my ticket earlier enough so that I could claim a window seat and view the stunning sunset descent/landing into ICN. Overall, an extremely comfortable and smooth ride. Very impressed with Asiana and would fly with them again.
AircraftA330-300