Asiana Airlines

"a quite satisfied flight "

(Japan)

Verified Review | My trip from Shenzhen to Tokyo via Incheon on 27th October 2016 with Asiana Airlines was a quite satisfied flight since there was more than 1 hour delay for flight from Incheon to Tokyo. Fortunately, I could catch the last train from Haneda airport to come back my home in Tokyo. I hope they could reduce delay in the future.
RouteShenzhen to Tokyo via Incheon
Date FlownOctober 2016

"really worth a 5-star"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Seoul. It's my first time to Seoul as well as my first trip on Asiana Airlines, and the trip from Hong Kong to Seoul was really a pleasant one. Seats were comfortable though it's economy class, the width of seats and legroom was large enough and they offered pillows and blankets for each seat. The food offered was quite good to me. The cabin staff was polite and they were smiling at all times, they also spoke quite fluent English. The only thing that I have to complain is that the inflight entertainment is not responsive, in both the departing and returning flights, I can't use the IFE as they are not functioning properly. But in total, this was still a great flight and I believe Asiana really worth a 5-star.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteHong Kong to Seoul
Date FlownJune 2017

"the best airline I took"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | New York to Seoul. I think the Asiana Airlines is the best airline I took. I had used Delta, United Airlines and also Korean air, but I feel more comfortable when I use Asiana airline for long travel. The service is best of the best during the flight. The reason that I writing a review for it is the best services of my latest flight. I had a stomachache in the cabin, after 8 hrs from the departure, I just stayed at he back of the cabin, and I felt the crew really tried to help me. They borrow me their own hot pack and medicine for my stomach. So I really want to give high rate for Asiana airline. Additionally, the food is also the best I can say.
RouteNew York to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2017

"experience was a good one"

Verified Review | New York to Tokyo Narita via Seoul Incheon on Asiana A380 in Business (Smartium) / A321 in Business. Booked a window with the table on the aisle side of the seat for more privacy. The Asiana website is difficult to navigate for seat assignments so I did it through the toll-free number without issue (the call was quick and very polite). JFK-ICN on A380: Asiana uses the SWISS lounge in T4 at JFK and it is a mess. Banged up and clearly not large enough for the amount of people using it. Boarding was relatively efficient with passengers arranged by cabin class in clearly designated lines. We boarded using a dedicated jetway to the upper deck. Service on board was excellent - polite and attentive without being overbearing. Seat was comfortable and allowed me to sleep most of the 15 hour fligt. Plenty of movies to watch on the IFE system which had a nice large screen. Nice bathroom with a window and a good stock of toiletries. Food was good for dinner - desert and mid flight snack were somewhat dissapointing. Transfer at ICN to NRT flight was simple. ICN Business lounge was nice - nothing super special. Flight to NRT on A321 was comfortable and though brief included a full meal service. Seat pitch was a little tight but the seat was comfortable enough and the IFE replicated what was on offer on the A380. I wasn't totally wowed but the experience was a good one.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNew York to Tokyo via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2017

"product is too inconsistent"

Verified Review | Incheon to Paris CDG. Asiana's product is inconsistent. On the outbound leg, the aircraft offered lie-flat beds and direct aisle access but not on the return trip (but offered instead an amenity kit and eye mask). I would have preferred a more natural, relaxed and less frozen approach from the cabin crew. The IFE is also limited.
RouteIncheon to Paris CDG

"IFE which was outdated"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew Jakarta to Seoul and return. The departing flight was a red eye and we were given a small sandwich that was pretty tasteless after take off. Overall on both flights the food was okay but nothing special. Seats were comfortable enough that I got decent sleep before landing in the airport. The crew on both flights were great, polite, and spoke good English. On the return flight we ran in to moderate turbulence halfway during meal service and the flight attendants had to kneel in the aisle by the serving carts for around 15-20 minutes until we cleared the turbulence. Perhaps the only real disappointing thing from the flight was the IFE which was outdated and not very responsive. It didn't even pause during cabin announcements so having to rewind was a bit of a hassle.
RouteJakarta to Seoul
Date FlownJune 2016

"cabin staff are really responsive"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Seoul to Jakarta. First impression on my return flight: the aircraft seems to be older than my outbound flight to Seoul, however nothing changes inside. Ground staff were nothing but the best, they are responsive and active. However my seat that have not enough legroom. The cabin staff are really responsive and active just like the ground crew. The food that was offered to me (Bibimbap) is the best. The in-flight entertainment seems to be old, but there's nothing to differ with my previous flight and the content are still the same. Probably the best thing of all of this flight is the food and the cabin crew. Thank you, Asiana Airlines. You made my trip to South Korea really unforgettable with you.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"delayed by over four hours"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Fukuoka to Incheon with Asiana Airlines. Had to wait in line to check in for over two hours. Flights was then delayed by over four hours. Still waiting for them to start hoarding, might miss our connecting flight. Doesn't seem to be a real sense of urgency.
RouteFukuoka to Incheon
Date FlownApril 2017

"upgraded to first class"

Verified Review | Paris to Seoul. Asiana Airlines was offering the cheapest airfare for this direct route and on top of that, I had the pleasant surprise to be upgraded to a first class suite. So I can give them no less than top score! They did not offer me an amenity kit on this flight (just an eye mask and ear plugs, which is enough). I would have appreciated a better pillow and blanket to match the overall standard of the experience.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteParis to Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"definitely fly Asiana again"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to New York via Seoul. Bang for my bucks! Everything went smoothly and the plane was huge and spacious with lots of legroom. The cabin crew spoke English fluently. Food onboard were delicious. For less than $1000, I got more than I paid for. I will definitely fly Asiana again.
RouteManila to New York via Seoul