Asiana Airlines

"an unforgettable journey"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Seoul on an A330. Since I stepped into the plane, I feel like I'm already in South Korea. The flight crews are extremely helpful and I couldn't say anything other than that. The inflight entertainment were looking new and excellent. The legroom of the seat are average but I was not able to sleep on an overnight 6-hour flight. On the overnight meal service right before breakfast, I was served a sandwich which is delicious. On breakfast right before arriving to Seoul, I was offered between the omelette or shrimp shiitake rice porridge. I chose porridge. Unfortunately, the food was almost tasteless, however, the good side is thanks to the delicious shrimp in it. I will consider this as an unforgettable journey I've ever went with a 5-star airline. Want to fly with Asiana Airlines again some day.
RouteJakarta to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"staff were nice and spoke good English"

Verified Review | This was a really good experience, surprisingly pleasant. I actually booked through Qantas but the flight was with Asiana Airlines from Sydney to Seoul. The food was good and the cabin staff were nice and spoke good English. The seats were comfortable and lay completely flat. They were side by side, rather than at an angle - I much prefer this. The only problem I experienced is that the cabin staff seemed to want to pull the window blinds down all the time. I am claustrophobic and find this quite distressing during the daytime. I can understand the need at night but not in the daytime. As there no windows in the kitchen/toilet area I couldn't even go along and see outside there. So to be on the safe side, if you are claustrophobic, I would advise booking a window seat. This would not put me off travelling with Asiana again as I know it is common to many airlines (oddly). I guess airlines need to think about this. The in-flight entertainment was fine. I visited the lounge at Seoul for an hour or so. It was quite crowded but provided everything you needed including a range of food. They had some nice little booths along the side with lie-flat seats (unfortunately full when I was there!).
RouteSydney to Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2016

"will fly this airline "

Unverified | Seoul Incheon to Los Angeles. Cabin attendants could not have been any more attentive and pleasant. They set up the meals as if preparing for the boss to have dinner with them. Perfect! My seat had mechanical problems, and would not recline properly, so they moved me to another seat. One of the attendants apologized for this at the end of the flight, even though she had tried to re-boot the software. I will fly this airline again!
RouteIncheon to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not very attentive to respond"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Taipei to Seoul 12th February. Waited for 1 hour for 2 hour flight. Delay reason being repairs in oil tanks. They are looking for parts for the replacement in the oil tanks. They are not very attentive to respond to enquiries made by passengers. As a result, we were told to get off the plane as of now.
RouteTaipei to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"expect more from a 5-star airline"

(Indonesia)

Unverified | Jakarta to Seoul Incheon return and the domestic GMP-CJU for my Korean holiday. The outbound flight from Jakarta was quite nice, the cabin was a bit hot, the seat was quite comfortable since I was able to sleep for the flight. The crews gave us a nice service throughout the flight and language is not a barrier since everyone speaks fluent English. Even they have a recorded Indonesian announcement, but for the CGK-ICN only since I didn't hear any for the return flight. The food is mediocre; neither good or bad. It's the AVOD that I think lacks of variety and the screen is unbelievably small. As a Korean carrier, Asiana could have shown more about the K-pop and the drama thing but they didn't instead. That's why I prefer to sleep throught the flight. Anyway a great flight but I expect more from a 5-star airline since it is clearly a bit behind SQ and Garuda.
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I was happy with the service"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Changsha via Seoul Incheon. This was the first time that I fly with Asiana, I am a long time Cathay Pacific flyer (more than 9 years), since Asiana and Cathay Pacific are both 5 star airlines. I thought I could give it a try. I was happy with the service, the plane and everything until I was about to finish my meal. I picked Bibimbap and finished it with a fork and I was about to eat the dessert and realized there was some dried up rice on the spoon. It was the most disgusting experience. The flight attendant offered me a new set of silverware, but I had no appetite by then. I really wanted to like Asiana, and I did enjoy everything else.
RouteJFK to ICN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"mediocre uncomfortable flight "

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to Bangkok. A mediocre uncomfortable flight distinguished by minimal service from start to finish. The unpleasant experience starts with the cumbersome and unfriendly Asiana website and the difficulty in pre-selecting one's seat, One pays a premium airfare and OZ does not support the pre-booking of a seat. I connected to OZ from an AC flight which required me to seek out a transfer desk at ICN. It is unacceptable that OZ does not allow the Star Alliance airline which has issued the ticket to also issue the connecting boarding pass. A good 20 minutes was wasted sorting this out. Then on to the lounge. Upon entry I thought I was at one of the domestic North American carrier lounges: Crowded, nowhere to sit, no food to speak of, and a line up at the poorly stocked beverage section. At least North American lounges are usually well lit and not dingy dark noisy rooms. Hardly the place I wanted to be after 20 hours in transit. I walked around the ICN terminal until boarding of the flight. Onboard the service was minimal and disorganized. Although a 6 pm flight there was no pre dinner drink service. Instead, there was rushed meal service that lurched to a halt halfway through. After hearing so much about the quality of food, I was rather disappointed, as it was of poor quality. No top up of the wine glass either. The IFE system was nothing to brag about. Uncomfortable seat although the large pillow was appreciated. Overall, Asiana is on par with a US airline international flight which is nothing to be proud of. The quality of service was not good and the value was not there.
RouteICN to BKK
Date FlownDecember 2016

"technical things can be enhanced"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | We flew using Asiana Airline from Jakarta to Seoul Incheon. First impressions were nice and cabins were clean. Staff on board were extremely helpful and hospitality was top-notch; They made us feel welcomed and reminded us with those little things that made your trip even safer. On the other hand, the inflight entertainment can be improved. Mine broke down and I had to move to another seat with the help of a staff. Once I moved, content was okay but below my expectations as I had expected a wide range of Korean movies in particular. Moreover, seats were not comfortable but equipped with spacious leg room. I can usually sleep on long hauls but I couldn't during this flight. Food was okay. All in all, service was superior but technical things can be enhanced.
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownJune 2016

"I expect a breakfast"

Verified Review | Singapore to Seoul Incheon return with Asiana Airlines. Everything run smoothly without any hiccups. The only thing that I complain is that I expect a breakfast as the in-flight meal for the night flight, but it turn out to be a heavy supper (a proper meal). The meal itself is good but a bit heavy to have it before sleeps.
RouteSIN to ICN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"time wasting, frustrating experience"

Verified Review | I booked 2 business class return tickets, online from Seoul to Sydney with Asiana Airlines in Nov 2016. The departure date was 11 December. During reservation I could not select any seats. It looked like all the seats were already taken. After the reservation and confirmation, I tried again later both online and using the Asiana app. All seats were occupied. Following days, I repeatedly called Asiana Club (I am a diamond member) and Asiana reservations call center. After long waiting time (no priority calls for business class or elite Asiana club members), the reply I got was to come to the airport early, if I wish to get 2 seats next to each other. After paying full payment for 2 business class tickets and confirmation of the tickets, still you have to go to the airport early to get your seats! This is the most ridiculous policy I have heard from any airline for business class passengers. What's the value of a 4000 USD ticket if the passenger has to go the airport early to get a seat? After I complained to the management of the airline, finally, the unavailable seats reappeared and 2 seats were allocated. However it was a time wasting, frustrating experience. I need to say, the service is going downhill rapidly. Customer service, online reservation system, and the call center for reservations all are customer unfriendly and not providing any support. It is unlikely I will fly anymore with Asiana unless they improves their services back to international standards.
Aircraft77L