Top 100 Airlines

Asiana Airlines

"comfortable seat pitch"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Kansai to Seoul Incheon with Asiana Airlines. Smooth check-in and boarding. Very new aircraft, with comfortable seat pitch. Crew always available, and smiley. However food was inedible (undefined meat sandwich), and drinks extremely sweet. Departure and arrival from airbridge. Unfortunately, and this is not the airline fault, immigration officers were very insufficient upon arrival at Incheon Airport, and it took 75 minutes to go through customs (more than flight time).
RouteKIX to ICN
Date FlownApril 2016

"maintenance issue with A380 "

Verified Review | We booked Asiana from Tokyo to Los Angeles via Seoul to fly in their A380. We had pre-assigned seats 16E and F. To our surprise and dismay we found out only at time of boarding in Seoul that they had substituted an old Boeing 747 for the A380. When we confronted the passenger service agent at the departure gate and asked why we had not been informed prior to boarding our initial flight Mumbai to Tokyo, he just said that they had a maintenance issue with the A380 and there was no alternative for us.
RouteNRT to LAX via ICN
Date FlownApril 2016

"impressed with standard of service "

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong with Asiana Airlines on a Boeing 777-200. I must say that the standard of the service from check in to point of disembark was excellent. Upon arrival at Incheon Airport, I proceeded with the tax refund kiosk as it was still too early to check in. Once I had settled the tax refund, it was time for check in, the speed of the check in counter in handling this process despite the queue was long. Boarding was smooth and efficient. The warmth and hospitality of Korea is reflected by the Asiana cabin crew. Onboard, the in-flight attendant greeted us with a smile and guided us accordingly. The in-flight meal was served not long after airborne. Cabin crew were busy on the aisle to serve beverages even after the meal tray was cleared, and the service delivered by cabin crew was impeccable. This was my second flight with Asiana Airlines and I am glad that Asiana never disappoint me. I am truly impressed with the standard of service provided and will definitely fly Asiana Airlines again in the future.
AircraftB777-200
RouteICN to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"outstanding in all regards"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Da Nang via Seoul Incheon with Asiana Airlines. It was outstanding in all regards but particularly friendly and helpful staff. Food options were Korean and Western and was of a good standard. The connection at Incheon Airport all went very smoothly. I would recommend this airline without hesitation.
RouteLHR to DAD via ICN

"comfortable and courteous"

Tokyo Narita to Honolulu via Seoul Incheon with Asiana. Quick and friendly check in. Quiet and comfortable Business Class lounge at ICN. Exceptional FAs who kneel down to eye level when speaking to you, you'd never see that on a US carrier! Lots of good food served on board. My seat on the flight to HNL was broken and would not recline. The cabin manager was very apologetic and moved me to the last open seat in Business Class, my new seat mate was not so thrilled but oh well. Comfortable and courteous best describes Asiana Airlines.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A330
RouteNRT to HNL via ICN

"amenities were sufficient"

(Indonesia)

I flew Asiana Airlines again after more than 20 years absence. I took OZ 762 on 31st of March 2016 to Inchoen from Jakarta and used a return flight 762 on 4th April 2016. The planes were full and thus felt slightly uncomfortable, moreover the cabin was a little warm after a few hours flying. I guess they turned the heater on instead of the air-conditioning. Food was nice altough the portions were a little small. Most cabin crew members were nice. Amenities in the toilets (mouthwash, toothbrush, body toner, etc) and cabin (pillow, blanket, headset) were sufficient. Drinks were served throughout the flight. The TV screen was a bit small (on Jakarta - Incheon) sector.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownApril 2016

"great airline, clean plane"

Verified Review | My husband, my 5 year old and I flew Asiana Airlines from JFK to Manila to visit my in laws. We fly to Asia every year and we have finally found our airline. Calling the call center was easy and I could understand the staff perfectly, always a plus when dealing with Asian based airlines. The food was quite decent for airplane food and the A380 had broad entertainment choices and comfortable seats. It also had USB and charging capabilities. When we checked in at JFK, the flight was not full, so they were able to accommodate me with an extra seat so I was able to spread out and make my flight comfortable which was excellent as I am 15 weeks pregnant. On the way home, I became very hungry and luckily had some easy mac and oatmeal, the staff prepared it, no questions asked. They provide drinks almost every hour which is wonderful and they also dont wake you if you are sleeping - they leave you a note and you can receive your meal after. Great airline, clean plane, easy check in, wonderful if traveling with children and pregnant.
RouteJFK to MNL via ICN

"enjoyable first-time experience"

(Taiwan)

Taipei to Los Angeles via Incheon with Asiana Airlines. Enjoyable first-time experience, All flights on time, food was good. Service was top-notch. Incheon is a good airport for a stopover and I enjoyed all the Asiana lounge had to offer. Selecting a seat from Taipei was easy by calling Asiana's Taipei office. For my return portion, the person on the phone in the U.S. was wrong about the type of aircraft used, despite evidence to the contrary (she insisted it was a 747, when it was a 777, and there was no aircraft switch). The cakes for dessert seemed cheap and selection of movies were boring and safe.
AircraftA380, B777
RouteTPE to LAX via ICN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"crew lacked any personal interaction"

Los Angeles to Incheon on an A380, new airplane, cabin spacious and comfortable seating. IFE controller in my seat had several cracks in it, which made it hard to use. The meals and choices of wine of excellent quality. The cabin crew was very attentive, but lacked any personal interaction to make a passenger feel very welcome. No champagne offered as part of the welcome drink, while it was offered on the second flight. Peanuts were served after the meal service, while they should be served before. On the more than 12 hour flight I was not able to observe any of the cabin crew walk through the cabin with water or juices between meals; something which is a must on long flights in order to keep passengers hydrated. One bottle of water was offered after the meal service. After a short nap I asked for a beer to enjoy with my movie. I received my can with a rather cold stare and attitude. Also, no alcoholic beverage was offered during the second service before landing. Not quite a 5-star experience. ICN-SGN significantly better. The cabin crew was very friendly and attentive and made me feel very welcome. Also, no amenity kits on both flights in business class! While the lavatories had most of items needed, amenity kits are still a big part of premium cabins on most airlines. Overall not a bad trip, just disappointed with the highly praised Asiana cabin crew on the first flight.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteLAX to SGN via ICN

"a wonderful airline"

San Francisco to Ho Chi Minh via Incheon with Asiana. What a wonderful airline. The service was perfect from beginning to end. The flight attendants were professional and attentive. The cabin was clean and the seats were comfortable with good leg room. The food was outstanding. It was delicious and the portions were large. Two meals were served, plus a snack and many water and juice runs. The seatback entertainment worked well. My only complaint is about the connection at Seoul Incheon. The connecting time of 1 hour 15 minutes was far too short, as it required going down two long corridors, two escalators, a crowded shuttle train to the other terminal, a very slow security check point and then more escalators and corridors. We barely made our connection. Asiana should build a longer connection time into its schedules. Otherwise, both flights were excellent.
RouteSFO to SGN via ICN