Top 100 Airports

Asiana Airlines

"cabin service always pleasant£

Verified Review | New York JFK to Kota Kinabalu via Seoul. This was the first time I have flown with Asiana Airlines in fact, I hadn't even heard of this airline until my travel agent booked me flights with them. I was very skeptical at first, but after reading positive online reviews felt far more comfortable about our long journey from New York to Borneo (and back again). Whilst every flight I took was delayed (up to an hour each time) and arrived slightly later than scheduled, I easily made my connections and the flights were generally okay. The economy seats provided plenty of leg room and the meals served were very good for "airplane food". I should, however, have remembered to order a special meal in advance, as during my first flight only beef or pork was offered, neither of which I eat. I shyly mentioned this to the cabin staff, and they very graciously went and raided First Class to bring me back a tray full of fresh fruits, cheese and crackers. Not quite a filling meal, but the thought was there and I was most grateful to have something to eat. As others have mentioned, the inflight entertainment can leave a little to be desired (for example, on our second flight (ICN-BKI, 5 hours), only 4 Hollywood films were offered. It was much better on the longer flights. Bathrooms were clean on all planes and I love the little sachets of mouthwash they provide. Despite the delays, I arrived at my destinations safely each time. The cabin service was always pleasant, and I managed to get a decent sleep on each leg of my journey. I would definitely consider flying with Asiana again in the future, should my travels take me on one of their routes.
RouteJFK to BKI via ICN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"extremely comfortable and smooth ride"

(China)

Verified Review | Short flight from Beijing to Seoul. After reading many rave reviews, this was my first time flying with Asiana and I was not disappointed. Preceding flight from Incheon arrived past the intended boarding time, but not an issue for me as it allowed me more time to drink my Cappuccino from the Costa Coffee at Capital Airport's Terminal 3. Flight departed about 20 minutes late, but landed in Incheon fairly close to the originally intended arrival time. Aircraft was new with comfortable seating and ample legroom. Cabin was fairly cold which is understandable considering the level of humidity throughout Southeast Asia this time of year. Drink refreshments were not offered after takeoff, but a full meal and coffee/tea service followed soon after. Very pleased with the quality and portions of the meal. IFE was entertaining but really didn't get to enjoy it as much considering flight duration was less than two hours. Most importantly, the staff were helpful, positive, welcoming, and accommodating. Only regret is not purchasing my ticket earlier enough so that I could claim a window seat and view the stunning sunset descent/landing into ICN. Overall, an extremely comfortable and smooth ride. Very impressed with Asiana and would fly with them again.
RoutePEK to ICN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cleanliness is an issue"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Seoul with Asiana Airlines. My window was dirty, my headrest and my pillow covers were not changed (covers in fabric so passengers cannot always notice it, but the smell was just terrible. The blanket was the one used for the previous flight (just folded on the seat, not sealed in a plastic bag as it should be). When I asked for a "clean blanket" the FA did not really seem to realize what I meant. Extremely disappointed by these kind of practices. I usually have issues with Asiana regarding dirty windows so I usually ask the FA a wet tissue to clean it. When traveling on a legacy airline, cleanliness is an issue for me, since it's basic respect for passengers. By comparison, I flew Korean Air several times and never had such issues. Take off at 00:40 and "dinner" served at 2am. Seriously, the only things passengers want to do at this time is to sleep. FA woke up all the passengers by asking them to put up their seats. Choice was not appropriate - porridge or sea food. I did not take any of them. A breakfast, before arriving at Incheon would have been more suitable. The quantity of movies loaded in the IFE is just a huge joke. The movie application is divided into themes and in Hollywood or classics you would find only have 3 to 4 movies.
RouteHKG to ICN

"food was excellent"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | This is the return leg of my previous report with Asiana Airlines from Osaka to Hong Kong via Seoul. These flights were better than the outbound. The A330 was very new, food was good and was on time. Choice of movies a little limited. The 777/200 left on time, food was excellent but again even though Business Class Smartium, the choice of movies was very poor. The layout of the cabin is 4 across seating, but the design is slightly weird, lots of plastic around seat, but this wastes space as I see it. First time I have ever used a diagonal belt as well as lap belt. Arrived early.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200ER
RouteITM to HKG via ICN

"meal looked very tired"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Flew Hong Kong to Osaka via Seoul with Asiana Airlines. The 747-400 out of HKG was a little tired looking, although a business class ticket we sat in the first class section. The meal looked very tired and the choice of movies was very poor. Seats had plenty of room but no amenities pack was given probably due to length of flight. The second leg was on a A321, Only 12 seats in business class, however dinner was excellent for such a short flight (One hour 20 mins), inflight entertainment was far superior to the 747, more film choices although cannot cannot complete the film. Certainly not a 5 star service from HKG but from Seoul significantly better. Will report on the return leg.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 and A321
RouteHKG to ITM via ICN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"definitely give them more business"

Los Angeles to Manila Clark via Seoul Incheon with Asiana Airlines. The check-in counter attendant was friendly and professional, though her English was less than perfect. The staff at the gate were very accommodating and considerate - important as we were travelling with our special needs child. On board, the cabin was clean and in excellent condition, including the restrooms. Seats were comfortable with good leg-room and width. The cabin crew were professional, considerate, and responsive. Our call lights were answered quickly and appropriately. Beverages were offered frequently - important, as dehydration is one of the main enemies on long distance flights. The meals were of good quality and adequate portion, and assembled of entrees and side dishes of varying degrees of flavor intensity - thoughtful when passengers' tastes adjust individually to the conditions on the plane and preferences vary. The flight was on time, and luggage arrived promptly. IFE was satisfactory. Mostly, we like that we were able to fly into Clark Airport and to skip the Manila traffic. Kudos to Asiana for serving this airport and for giving a pleasant travel experience; we'll definitely give them some more business!
RouteLAX to CRK via ICN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"clean Boeing 767 with good seat pitch"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Short 2.5 hour flight fro, Soul to Taipei. Old but very clean Boeing 767, with good seat pitch and no inflight entertainment. Cabin crew as always very good. My original booking was on A321 but I guess because of high demand the plane was changed to B767. Resulting that for some operational reasons both inbound and outbound flights were delayed. Today's delay was almost 2 hours with no food vouchers provided. I used to consider that food on Asiana regional flights was good but judging from today's flight, it seems that they introduced some low quality meals. I flew 4 return flights on Asiana between Taipei and Seoul in last two years but on last two flights the quality of the product deteriorated.
RouteICN to TPE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"air conditioning stopped working"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Asiana Airlines flight from Seoul to Jakarta, delayed 1 hour because we need to wait for the other connecting flight to arrive. The food was good, there are 2 choices between Korean local food which I belive called "bibimbap" or standard chicken and rice. 2 hours after take off, the air conditioning stopped working and cabin temperature got higher. It became so hot that a lot of passengers were using paper as fans to cool themselves. I called the flight attendant who said she would lower the temperature but nothing changed. The in-fight entertainment system still used an old 4 inch screen with remote (not a touchscreen display) with very limited choices of movies. Overall I still recommend Asiana.
RouteICN to CGK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"slept well even in economy class"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew from Jakarta to Seoul using Asiana Airlines, OZ 762. No large meal since it was a night flight. The seat was quite comfortable with good legroom. Inflight entertainment was good. Using 7 inch touch screen display but touch screen not 100% responsive. In the toilet there were ready to use toothbrushes, mouthwash and skin toner. I really appreciate this kind of service during a night flight. I slept well even in economy class.
RouteCGK to ISN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"very accommodating and friendly"

This was my first time flying Asiana Airlines. The flight attendants were very accommodating and friendly. The plane was comfortable and very clean. The flight attendants cleaned the bathrooms frequently throughout the long flight, which I have never seen done! Toiletries including toothbrushes were replenished. The food was very good, drinks and water given frequently in between. I have nothing but positive things to report, and just as I said, I will definitely fly with Asiana again.
RouteLAX to MNL via ICN