Asiana Airlines

"be very happy to fly them again"

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to London. This was my first flight with Asiana Airlines, which I took after having checked it had the new business class. It was an excellent flight. Configuration is 1-2-1. Seats are wider than on British Airways and there's pretty good storage. Service was excellent, food was good. WiFi worked perfectly. Small quibble but movies were mostly poor quality (ie poorly reviewed) and not as extensive as the best systems. All in all, an excellent trip, and I’d be very happy to fly them again, with the new business class.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSeoul Incheon to London
Date FlownNovember 2017

"only saving grace was the food"

Verified Review | Avoid Asiana's Honolulu-Incheon route. Super old aircraft with a six inches IFE screen. Very limited entertainment, around 10 movies in total that you don't even want to watch because the screen is small and old. I don't understand why Asiana will deploy an old aircraft with limited entertainment for a long haul flight. Please use these old aircrafts for short hauls. The only saving grace was the food! Delicious and more than enough in terms of quantity. Two full meals for a 9-hour flight.
RouteIncheon Seoul to Honolulu
Date FlownNovember 2017

"great service and inflight food"

Verified Review | Chicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul. Flight with Asiana Airlines was very comfortable with great service and inflight food. My flight was overnight and allowed me to sleep on my normal schedule and arrive refreshed. I will definitely add this to my list of preferred airlines. Seats are spaced for great leg room and the seat width is comfortable for a 6 foot, 240 pound man.
RouteChicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2017

"would fly Asiana again"

Verified Review | Seoul to Singapore. My friend and I packed some snacks and drinks on the flight and while settling down in our seats are so inconvenient as there are other passengers walking along the aisle. Cabin staff took initiative to help us hold on to our food as we are putting our carry-on luggage at the overhead cabinet and waited patiently till we’re done with putting our carry on luggage. Throughout the flight she smiled while serving food, drinks or even just walking down the aisle. Hoping that this compliment will reach her so that she could keep up her good work. However the downside of the seat is the legroom is too small for my legs if there’s wider legroom it would be more comfortable. Nonetheless, I would fly Asiana Airlines again if I ever have a chance to visit Korea again.
AircraftOZ751
RouteSeoul to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2017

"selection of movies meagre"

Verified Review | Food wise, it was bleah to meh but palatable. The FA were quite fast to attend to general request. The IFE screen was small and the selection of movies was meagre but with the small screen with poor resolution, my handphone (Samsung Note 3) provided better entertainment if I wanted to use it. I pre-ordered an item for Duty Free purchase for my wife on the prior flight and supposed to collect it on this flight. However, they said there was a mistake made by the FA on the prior flight who helped make our pre-order. The response that I got was: "please call us when you reach your destination and we will sort it out." What? Call? I told them they should try to rectify it on their end and when we disembark. Why aren't the FA trained properly? It could have been better managed!
RouteSeoul to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Service was friendly and efficient"

Verified Review | Flew Los Angeles to Beijing via Incheon on Asiana, Flight 203-231, returned via Shanghai Pudong to LA via ICN on Asiana 362-204, on September 11-27. Flight out from LA was about an hour late departing. Ticketing/baggage check at LAX pretty hectic. Flew A380 upper deck economy on LA to Incheon, row 75. Upper deck Economy on Asiana is 2-4-2. Had window and aisle seat, large storage compartment next to window. Legroom was just average. Asiana does not offer a premium economy, but charges $100 extra for some bulkhead rows with extra legroom. Service was friendly and efficient. Korean food option was very good. Inflight entertainment was comprehensive with US, Korean and world movie/TV options. ICN to Beijing leg was scheduled to be an A330, but they substituted an A321 that was only half full. Two hour flight departed and arrived on-time. It was uneventful, and was served a breakfast with a choice of western or Chinese food. The return from Shanghai Pudong was on a packed new A350. Seating was 3-3-3 and the first 4 or 5 rows in economy had a couple of extra inches of legroom, for $150 extra. Since it was less than a 2 hour flight I chose not to pay extra. The A350 had seatback entertainment system with a full compliment of movies and TV from both US and Asian sources. We were served a warm lunch, again with western or Asian food choices. We stayed over for 2 nights in Seoul before returning to LA on Asiana flight 204. Check-in at Incheon went very smoothly, using a self check terminal to generate a boarding pass and then dropping our bags. At bag check, the Asiana clerk gave us a pass to use expedited customs clearance. It was very short line, and customs and security took less than 5 minutes. The Seoul to LA leg was again in an A380. This time we sat in the main cabin which is 3-4-3 arrangement. We chose the centre section, so you are only 1 seat away from the aisle. Again, the food options were Korean or western and we chose the Korean option which was very good. I find the Asiana flight attendants to be excellent, friendly and helpful. We ordered wine with dinner, and in a vain attempt to sleep on the flight we asked for a second glass of wine. The flight attendant brought our second glass and several snack packets for both of us. I have heard some complain about hard seats on Asiana's A380's. I'm not sure that they are any worse than the economy seats on any airline. Frankly, in my opinion, spending 10-12 hours in any economy seat is tiring on my behind. Overall, Asiana is not quite at the standards of Singapore or EVA, but they are far, far better than any US flagged carrier, at least in Economy.
AircraftA380 - A321
RouteLos Angeles to Beijing via Seoul Incheon

"beyond my expectation"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Asiana Airlines is currently operating its latest A350-900 from Shanghai Pudong to Seoul Incheon until end of October 2017. I am pleased to be on board this brand new aircraft on this short haul flight. I arrived 2 hours prior to the flight departure. Check in is prompt and smooth. Flight OZ362 departed slightly behind schedule due to delay from the incoming flight and also air traffic control. Boarding call is made half an hour prior to departure. Once I boarded, the flight attendant guided me to the assigned seat. Cabin crew were busy distributing blanket and assisting passenger while awaiting for clearance for take off. Since this is a new aircraft, the cleanliness of this aircraft is a plus. This brand new aircraft is quiet during taxied off, take off and landing. I am truly amazed me with professionalism of the cabin crew despite that this is a 2 hours flight. In flight meal was served as soon as the seat belt sign had been turned off. They were always on the aisle to ensure that passengers were well taken care throughout the journey. Nonetheless, the choice of inflight entertainment is rather limited compare to other airlines I had flown. As such, I would propose Asiana consider adding more. Similarly, Asiana should look into way to improve the cabin crew English proficiency. The overall flying experience is beyond my expectation. I look forward to fly with Asiana Airlines again in the near future.
AircraftA350-900
RouteShanghai to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"inflight service was decent"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Hong Kong via Seoul. Los Angeles to Seoul Incheon was a solid experience. Since it was an red-eye flight the catering was below average. Everything was oily, however the tea selections after the meal was a delight. CAs need to learn how to behave in the galley when passengers are sleeping. I sat three rows in front of the galley and I literally thought there was a mariachi band behind me. Overall the inflight service was decent.
AircraftA380-800 / A350-900
RouteLos Angeles to Hong Kong via Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Overall experience is good"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Seattle via Seoul Incheon on A350 and B777. A350 is quite new and their Boeing 777 seems old. Food services are really excellent! They are constantly offering drinks during the entire flight. Wide variety of drink options. Leg room are very decent for an Economy Class. However, AVOD is limited and they should have more options. Overall experience is good. Will definitely choose Asiana again when flying Long Haul to USA.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 777
RouteManila to Seattle via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"service was average"

Verified Review | Old Asiana Boeing 767 aircraft from Taipei to Seoul, which many of the amenities available on most planes today, are not available. However, plane was clean, so was the lavatory. Service was average, but the crew seem to be rushing through the service. Food came in a box, but it was hot and relatively tasty. Airport ground crews were friendly and very helpful.
RouteTaipei to Seoul