Top 100 Airlines

Asiana Airlines

"crew accommodating and friendly"

(Austria)

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Incheon with Asiana. I was booked in Business Class and reserved a single window seat with the seat at the window side and the tray table on the aisle side. I recommend choosing these particular seats since there is no disturbance from passengers or crew walking by. The seats are comfortable and offer flat beds. A blanket and a small pillow are provided. The pillow could be a little bigger. No amenity set was offered on the flight out (but was on the flight back) I opted for the Korean dish (Bibimbap) which was tasty and well prepared. Inflight entertainment worked well although the number of movies to choose from is not as large as with other airlines. The crew is very accommodating and friendly.
RouteLHR to ICN
Date FlownMay 2016

"cabin crew were beyond excellent"

New York JFK to Seoul Incheon. I had great expectations for this, my first flight in an A380 and my first long-haul flight with Asiana. Asiana uses a 1-2-1 configuration in business class, so every passenger has direct access to the aisle. The best window seats are the ones with the seat on the window side and the accompanying table on the aisle. This limits disturbances from customers and crew walking up and down the aisle. Because this was a daytime flight that would arrive in Korea in late afternoon, I wanted to stay awake during the flight and reset my biological clock to Korean time. This strategy was complicated when the flight attendants lowered all window shades shortly after take-off. I enjoy watching scenery during flights, but short people will have trouble seeing anything on the upper deck of the A380 because the windows are higher than normal. There is a mini-lounge for socializing at the nose of the upper deck, but it went unused during my flight. As other reviewers have noted, the cabin was too warm for comfort throughout the flight. The cabin crew were beyond excellent. They were ubiquitous without being imposing. Meal service was elaborate. I decided to be adventurous and chose the Korean meal - bibimbap. There were also three choices from the western menu. Once again, there were also three choices offered for the second meal two hours before arrival. We were delayed about an hour and a half out of JFK and were not able to make up any time en-route. Incheon immigration was efficient, and my suitcase was the first one on the belt.
RouteJFK to ICN
Date FlownMay 2016

"comfortable seat pitch"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Kansai to Seoul Incheon with Asiana Airlines. Smooth check-in and boarding. Very new aircraft, with comfortable seat pitch. Crew always available, and smiley. However food was inedible (undefined meat sandwich), and drinks extremely sweet. Departure and arrival from airbridge. Unfortunately, and this is not the airline fault, immigration officers were very insufficient upon arrival at Incheon Airport, and it took 75 minutes to go through customs (more than flight time).
RouteKIX to ICN
Date FlownApril 2016

"maintenance issue with A380 "

Verified Review | We booked Asiana from Tokyo to Los Angeles via Seoul to fly in their A380. We had pre-assigned seats 16E and F. To our surprise and dismay we found out only at time of boarding in Seoul that they had substituted an old Boeing 747 for the A380. When we confronted the passenger service agent at the departure gate and asked why we had not been informed prior to boarding our initial flight Mumbai to Tokyo, he just said that they had a maintenance issue with the A380 and there was no alternative for us.
RouteNRT to LAX via ICN
Date FlownApril 2016

"impressed with standard of service "

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong with Asiana Airlines on a Boeing 777-200. I must say that the standard of the service from check in to point of disembark was excellent. Upon arrival at Incheon Airport, I proceeded with the tax refund kiosk as it was still too early to check in. Once I had settled the tax refund, it was time for check in, the speed of the check in counter in handling this process despite the queue was long. Boarding was smooth and efficient. The warmth and hospitality of Korea is reflected by the Asiana cabin crew. Onboard, the in-flight attendant greeted us with a smile and guided us accordingly. The in-flight meal was served not long after airborne. Cabin crew were busy on the aisle to serve beverages even after the meal tray was cleared, and the service delivered by cabin crew was impeccable. This was my second flight with Asiana Airlines and I am glad that Asiana never disappoint me. I am truly impressed with the standard of service provided and will definitely fly Asiana Airlines again in the future.
AircraftB777-200
RouteICN to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"outstanding in all regards"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Da Nang via Seoul Incheon with Asiana Airlines. It was outstanding in all regards but particularly friendly and helpful staff. Food options were Korean and Western and was of a good standard. The connection at Incheon Airport all went very smoothly. I would recommend this airline without hesitation.
RouteLHR to DAD via ICN

"comfortable and courteous"

Tokyo Narita to Honolulu via Seoul Incheon with Asiana. Quick and friendly check in. Quiet and comfortable Business Class lounge at ICN. Exceptional FAs who kneel down to eye level when speaking to you, you'd never see that on a US carrier! Lots of good food served on board. My seat on the flight to HNL was broken and would not recline. The cabin manager was very apologetic and moved me to the last open seat in Business Class, my new seat mate was not so thrilled but oh well. Comfortable and courteous best describes Asiana Airlines.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A330
RouteNRT to HNL via ICN

"amenities were sufficient"

(Indonesia)

I flew Asiana Airlines again after more than 20 years absence. I took OZ 762 on 31st of March 2016 to Inchoen from Jakarta and used a return flight 762 on 4th April 2016. The planes were full and thus felt slightly uncomfortable, moreover the cabin was a little warm after a few hours flying. I guess they turned the heater on instead of the air-conditioning. Food was nice altough the portions were a little small. Most cabin crew members were nice. Amenities in the toilets (mouthwash, toothbrush, body toner, etc) and cabin (pillow, blanket, headset) were sufficient. Drinks were served throughout the flight. The TV screen was a bit small (on Jakarta - Incheon) sector.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownApril 2016

"great airline, clean plane"

Verified Review | My husband, my 5 year old and I flew Asiana Airlines from JFK to Manila to visit my in laws. We fly to Asia every year and we have finally found our airline. Calling the call center was easy and I could understand the staff perfectly, always a plus when dealing with Asian based airlines. The food was quite decent for airplane food and the A380 had broad entertainment choices and comfortable seats. It also had USB and charging capabilities. When we checked in at JFK, the flight was not full, so they were able to accommodate me with an extra seat so I was able to spread out and make my flight comfortable which was excellent as I am 15 weeks pregnant. On the way home, I became very hungry and luckily had some easy mac and oatmeal, the staff prepared it, no questions asked. They provide drinks almost every hour which is wonderful and they also dont wake you if you are sleeping - they leave you a note and you can receive your meal after. Great airline, clean plane, easy check in, wonderful if traveling with children and pregnant.
RouteJFK to MNL via ICN

"enjoyable first-time experience"

(Taiwan)

Taipei to Los Angeles via Incheon with Asiana Airlines. Enjoyable first-time experience, All flights on time, food was good. Service was top-notch. Incheon is a good airport for a stopover and I enjoyed all the Asiana lounge had to offer. Selecting a seat from Taipei was easy by calling Asiana's Taipei office. For my return portion, the person on the phone in the U.S. was wrong about the type of aircraft used, despite evidence to the contrary (she insisted it was a 747, when it was a 777, and there was no aircraft switch). The cakes for dessert seemed cheap and selection of movies were boring and safe.
AircraftA380, B777