Asiana Airlines

"I won't bother again"

Trip Verified | Flew Sydney to London via Seoul and return in economy. After reading many reviews about Asiana I thought I'd fly with them this time back to the UK but after this time, I won't bother again. It's not that they're bad but SIA and Cathay Pacific are so much better. The food was nothing special and rather odd in texture, the entertainment system was old with poor response from the touch screen and very limited choice of movies. I don't sleep well on flights so usually spend a lot of time watching movies, I didn't finish one. Baggage allowance was a measly 20kg. Not that I expect to travel with all my household furnishings but I'd like to travel and not worry I'm going to go over my weight allowance. On the outbound flight from Sydney my wife was asleep so I ate her snack, my bad. After she woke up I went to see if I could get her another one. That was a no as she already 'had' her allocated snack. With Cathay, just in the crew area they have bowls of fruit and other snacks that you can help yourself to. Want something hot, no bother with CX, have some noodles. An annoying thing when you're trying to sleep is that whenever we hit turbulence the screen would light up. I don't understand Korean and maybe it's something to do with the Korean language but you'd get these long announcements but in English it ends up garbled and very brief. Does Korean use more to say less? I'm Asian myself and can understand that many Asians have trouble with the English language but considering English is the language all airlines are supposed to use the standard was poor and I missed more than I actually caught. I suppose you get what you pay for and they where at the cheaper end of the price scale but still, it's the little things that add up to make it a less than an experience I'd want to repeat.
RouteSydney to London via Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"turned into a 36 hour ordeal"

Trip Verified | Okinawa to Los Angeles via Seoul. You can't reschedule one leg of a journey to a time after the second leg. I spent over an hour finding someone who would correct my flight schedule, which they did by adding an extra leg. That followed up with 6 + 4 hours of delays, missing on my last leg which they refused to rebook on another partner airline that was leaving sooner. All in all, a 16-20 hour trip turned into a 36 hour ordeal and nothing from the airline for all meals bought and hotels stayed at. Pretty sure I'm not going to use this airline again.
RouteOkinawa to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"friendly and very efficient"

Trip Verified | First time in Asiana Business Class on flight from Hong Kong to Seoul. Asiana's business class seats are in a staggered 1-2-1 configuration on the A380. The seats could be turned into a flat bed and were very comfortable, in particular considering that it was only a three-hour-flight. Service was friendly and very efficient, and the quality of the food was impressive for a rather short flight. I would take Asiana again without hesitation.
RouteHong Kong to Seoul
Date FlownJune 2018

"Staff were more interested in chatting"

Trip Verified | Flew Asiana Airlines from Seoul to London. Staff were more interested in chatting in the kitchen area than helping the passengers and made you wait when you asked for something. Food was very ordinary so I skipped the second meal and entertainment is limited. On the plus side the seats are individual ones next to the window and are quite big and flat.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSeoul to London
Date FlownJune 2018

"Korean Air fared far better"

Trip Verified | During the flight, a huge majority of the passengers as well as most, if all not, of the cabin crew were Koreans. Except from the announcements (turbulence, arriving message, etc) played over the PA system, all other announcements (asking if anyone wanted extra servings of beverages or had rubbish for throwing, etc) relayed by the flight attendants face-to-face were done in the Korean language only. No efforts were made by the cabin crew to engage non-Korean speaking passengers, as they seemed to have forgotten that there were passengers of other nationalities on board. In this aspect, Korean Air fared far better.
RouteIncheon to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"cabin crew were amazing"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Seoul Gimpo to Jeju. The flight that I booked was delay and I have been offered from the ground staff to take a previous flight, I have been positively surprised. Ground staff did a great job, they worked hard and they were very busy to minimize the delay. I loved that the cabin crew greets and welcome every single passenger after the boarding, cabin crew were amazing. Cabin is clean, seat is comfortable, and a drink service has been offered. I will fly again Asiana Airlines.
RouteSeoul Gimpo to Jeju
Date FlownApril 2018

"a recommendable airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Shanghai. At the boarding gate airline members carried out an accurate weight and size-inspection of carry on luggage. Seats were comfortable enough for this 2-hour-flight. In flight entertainment selection is mediocre. Flight attendants are very strict with drinks being brought into the cabin. I carried a beverage which I bought in the departure hall, when they caught me sipping at it they requested me to give it up and started making a fuss over it. Meals were served during the short flight, quality was acceptable. Considering the bargain ticket a recommendable airline.
RouteSeoul to Shanghai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"impressed by the service"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Jakarta. I was highly impressed by the service provided by the air crew. Their response was very good. Aircraft was much comfortable affordable and food was also good especially arrange as I wanted Muslim food. I have travelled through Emirates, Qatar and Thai previously, however, I found this airline above all. Overall a great experience.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Service was so-so"

Trip Verified | Took OZ754 from Singapore to Seoul and was assigned a flight without any personal in-flight entertainment! I am very surprised at this. Service was so-so. Food portion and taste was also ok. The only good thing is that the leg room is wider. I will not consider taking Asiana again for my next Korea trip.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Seats were okay"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Haneda-Gimpo-Haneda on Asiana's A330. The aircrafts were a little old but no problem for this 2-hour flight. Seats were okay. PTVs were also okay but a little difficult to navigate. Meals were good for this short flight. Flight attendants were friendly and professional.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Gimpo