Vote Now

Asiana Airlines

"not very attentive to respond"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Taipei to Seoul 12th February. Waited for 1 hour for 2 hour flight. Delay reason being repairs in oil tanks. They are looking for parts for the replacement in the oil tanks. They are not very attentive to respond to enquiries made by passengers. As a result, we were told to get off the plane as of now.
RouteTaipei to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"expect more from a 5-star airline"

(Indonesia)

Unverified | Jakarta to Seoul Incheon return and the domestic GMP-CJU for my Korean holiday. The outbound flight from Jakarta was quite nice, the cabin was a bit hot, the seat was quite comfortable since I was able to sleep for the flight. The crews gave us a nice service throughout the flight and language is not a barrier since everyone speaks fluent English. Even they have a recorded Indonesian announcement, but for the CGK-ICN only since I didn't hear any for the return flight. The food is mediocre; neither good or bad. It's the AVOD that I think lacks of variety and the screen is unbelievably small. As a Korean carrier, Asiana could have shown more about the K-pop and the drama thing but they didn't instead. That's why I prefer to sleep throught the flight. Anyway a great flight but I expect more from a 5-star airline since it is clearly a bit behind SQ and Garuda.
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I was happy with the service"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Changsha via Seoul Incheon. This was the first time that I fly with Asiana, I am a long time Cathay Pacific flyer (more than 9 years), since Asiana and Cathay Pacific are both 5 star airlines. I thought I could give it a try. I was happy with the service, the plane and everything until I was about to finish my meal. I picked Bibimbap and finished it with a fork and I was about to eat the dessert and realized there was some dried up rice on the spoon. It was the most disgusting experience. The flight attendant offered me a new set of silverware, but I had no appetite by then. I really wanted to like Asiana, and I did enjoy everything else.
RouteJFK to ICN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"mediocre uncomfortable flight "

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to Bangkok. A mediocre uncomfortable flight distinguished by minimal service from start to finish. The unpleasant experience starts with the cumbersome and unfriendly Asiana website and the difficulty in pre-selecting one's seat, One pays a premium airfare and OZ does not support the pre-booking of a seat. I connected to OZ from an AC flight which required me to seek out a transfer desk at ICN. It is unacceptable that OZ does not allow the Star Alliance airline which has issued the ticket to also issue the connecting boarding pass. A good 20 minutes was wasted sorting this out. Then on to the lounge. Upon entry I thought I was at one of the domestic North American carrier lounges: Crowded, nowhere to sit, no food to speak of, and a line up at the poorly stocked beverage section. At least North American lounges are usually well lit and not dingy dark noisy rooms. Hardly the place I wanted to be after 20 hours in transit. I walked around the ICN terminal until boarding of the flight. Onboard the service was minimal and disorganized. Although a 6 pm flight there was no pre dinner drink service. Instead, there was rushed meal service that lurched to a halt halfway through. After hearing so much about the quality of food, I was rather disappointed, as it was of poor quality. No top up of the wine glass either. The IFE system was nothing to brag about. Uncomfortable seat although the large pillow was appreciated. Overall, Asiana is on par with a US airline international flight which is nothing to be proud of. The quality of service was not good and the value was not there.
AircraftA330-300
RouteICN to BKK
Date FlownDecember 2016

"technical things can be enhanced"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | We flew using Asiana Airline from Jakarta to Seoul Incheon. First impressions were nice and cabins were clean. Staff on board were extremely helpful and hospitality was top-notch; They made us feel welcomed and reminded us with those little things that made your trip even safer. On the other hand, the inflight entertainment can be improved. Mine broke down and I had to move to another seat with the help of a staff. Once I moved, content was okay but below my expectations as I had expected a wide range of Korean movies in particular. Moreover, seats were not comfortable but equipped with spacious leg room. I can usually sleep on long hauls but I couldn't during this flight. Food was okay. All in all, service was superior but technical things can be enhanced.
RouteCGK to ICN
Date FlownJune 2016

"I expect a breakfast"

Verified Review | Singapore to Seoul Incheon return with Asiana Airlines. Everything run smoothly without any hiccups. The only thing that I complain is that I expect a breakfast as the in-flight meal for the night flight, but it turn out to be a heavy supper (a proper meal). The meal itself is good but a bit heavy to have it before sleeps.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSIN to ICN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"time wasting, frustrating experience"

Verified Review | I booked 2 business class return tickets, online from Seoul to Sydney with Asiana Airlines in Nov 2016. The departure date was 11 December. During reservation I could not select any seats. It looked like all the seats were already taken. After the reservation and confirmation, I tried again later both online and using the Asiana app. All seats were occupied. Following days, I repeatedly called Asiana Club (I am a diamond member) and Asiana reservations call center. After long waiting time (no priority calls for business class or elite Asiana club members), the reply I got was to come to the airport early, if I wish to get 2 seats next to each other. After paying full payment for 2 business class tickets and confirmation of the tickets, still you have to go to the airport early to get your seats! This is the most ridiculous policy I have heard from any airline for business class passengers. What's the value of a 4000 USD ticket if the passenger has to go the airport early to get a seat? After I complained to the management of the airline, finally, the unavailable seats reappeared and 2 seats were allocated. However it was a time wasting, frustrating experience. I need to say, the service is going downhill rapidly. Customer service, online reservation system, and the call center for reservations all are customer unfriendly and not providing any support. It is unlikely I will fly anymore with Asiana unless they improves their services back to international standards.
Aircraft77L
RouteICN to SYD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"service the intangible that elevates them"

Los Angeles to Seoul with Asiana Airlines. I am not a fan of the A380. I have taken a few flights on this airframe and it always seems overcrowded and cramped. That is until I took the Asiana flight. Asiana puts one less seat in each row and overall spreads their business class passengers out more around the cabin to create a much more open feel compared to Lufthansa. I sat on an outside seat which is to say I was in a row of single seats. Asiana's seats are staggered so you and lined up with the table in front of you for extra leg room. Very clever. What they also does is give you a huge table to put your things on. I highly recommend taking a seat with the table on the outside, as this gives you a bit more privacy and allows access to the bins that are under the window. To say this seat has storage is an understatement. The seat is very comfortable in the seated position and in the lay-flat position is easy to get in and out of. My only complaint was that my seat was attached to something on the plane that vibrated, so when you put your head down, you could hear the sounds of the plane. I have had this issue on other flights, so I do not hold it against Asiana. A pair of flush headphones cured the noise. If the configuration is what physically sets Asiana apart, their service is the intangible that elevates them. Asiana excel in service and is one of the best. To me Singapore, ANA and Asiana are the three best. The corps of attendants are always around to help. With most US carriers, the meal is served, chips put in a basket and the staff disappears, but with Asiana mid-flight meals are served with the same attention as the main. I asked for a bag of chips and a tray of options was presented to me. That is service. I would be remiss without mentioning the food. I eat a lot of airline food and with few exceptions, it is not memorable. Asiana food is actually worth waiting for. On all four flights I took with them in the 2 week span, the food was well prepared and excellent. By the last leg of the trip, I was actually looking forward to what Korean delicacy would be served. The other aspect that impressed me was the boarding process. In Frankfurt with Lufthansa boards their A380, it seems like a cattle call with hoards of people trying to board. In Seoul, it is an organized and seemless process and you arrive at your seat relaxed. Nice job! Overall, my experience with Asiana was exemplary. The seats, the service and the food were all outstanding. I will actually take a stop in Korea over my usually direct flight to China to experience Asiana over the US carriers.
RouteLAX to ICN
Date FlownNovember 2016

Asiana Airlines customer review

(China)

Verified Review | This review is based on multiple flights, all in business class. Airline is plagued by disappointing details and awful oversights that spoil what otherwise would be quite pleasant. Examples: the interior of the Boeing 747-400 aircraft are ratty and in disrepair, even in business class. On their Airbus 330-300 the large entertainment screen comes back on every time they make an announcement no matter how often passengers switches it off. None of the aircraft's I flew, even the fairly new Boeing 777, offered Wifi. The lounges, even in Seoul, are nothing to write home about and quite often terribly overcrowded. Lounge food is beaten by concession stands outside.
AircraftA330, Boeing 747, Boeing 777
RouteICN to PVG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"crew polite and helpful"

Verified Review | I flew Asiana Airlines direct flight from New Delhi to Seoul. The flight was on time, boarding was hassle free. I had a window seat. Seat was average. Inflight entertainment was not the best compared to other airlines, anyway I wanted a good nap. The crew polite and helpful. Though I did not get my vegan meal, I was given other options of fruit and juice.
RouteDEL to ICN