Best Economy Class Seats

Asiana Airlines

"food was excellent"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | This is the return leg of my previous report with Asiana Airlines from Osaka to Hong Kong via Seoul. These flights were better than the outbound. The A330 was very new, food was good and was on time. Choice of movies a little limited. The 777/200 left on time, food was excellent but again even though Business Class Smartium, the choice of movies was very poor. The layout of the cabin is 4 across seating, but the design is slightly weird, lots of plastic around seat, but this wastes space as I see it. First time I have ever used a diagonal belt as well as lap belt. Arrived early.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200ER
RouteITM to HKG via ICN

"meal looked very tired"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Flew Hong Kong to Osaka via Seoul with Asiana Airlines. The 747-400 out of HKG was a little tired looking, although a business class ticket we sat in the first class section. The meal looked very tired and the choice of movies was very poor. Seats had plenty of room but no amenities pack was given probably due to length of flight. The second leg was on a A321, Only 12 seats in business class, however dinner was excellent for such a short flight (One hour 20 mins), inflight entertainment was far superior to the 747, more film choices although cannot cannot complete the film. Certainly not a 5 star service from HKG but from Seoul significantly better. Will report on the return leg.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 and A321
RouteHKG to ITM via ICN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"definitely give them more business"

Los Angeles to Manila Clark via Seoul Incheon with Asiana Airlines. The check-in counter attendant was friendly and professional, though her English was less than perfect. The staff at the gate were very accommodating and considerate - important as we were travelling with our special needs child. On board, the cabin was clean and in excellent condition, including the restrooms. Seats were comfortable with good leg-room and width. The cabin crew were professional, considerate, and responsive. Our call lights were answered quickly and appropriately. Beverages were offered frequently - important, as dehydration is one of the main enemies on long distance flights. The meals were of good quality and adequate portion, and assembled of entrees and side dishes of varying degrees of flavor intensity - thoughtful when passengers' tastes adjust individually to the conditions on the plane and preferences vary. The flight was on time, and luggage arrived promptly. IFE was satisfactory. Mostly, we like that we were able to fly into Clark Airport and to skip the Manila traffic. Kudos to Asiana for serving this airport and for giving a pleasant travel experience; we'll definitely give them some more business!
RouteLAX to CRK via ICN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"clean Boeing 767 with good seat pitch"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Short 2.5 hour flight fro, Soul to Taipei. Old but very clean Boeing 767, with good seat pitch and no inflight entertainment. Cabin crew as always very good. My original booking was on A321 but I guess because of high demand the plane was changed to B767. Resulting that for some operational reasons both inbound and outbound flights were delayed. Today's delay was almost 2 hours with no food vouchers provided. I used to consider that food on Asiana regional flights was good but judging from today's flight, it seems that they introduced some low quality meals. I flew 4 return flights on Asiana between Taipei and Seoul in last two years but on last two flights the quality of the product deteriorated.
RouteICN to TPE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"air conditioning stopped working"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Asiana Airlines flight from Seoul to Jakarta, delayed 1 hour because we need to wait for the other connecting flight to arrive. The food was good, there are 2 choices between Korean local food which I belive called "bibimbap" or standard chicken and rice. 2 hours after take off, the air conditioning stopped working and cabin temperature got higher. It became so hot that a lot of passengers were using paper as fans to cool themselves. I called the flight attendant who said she would lower the temperature but nothing changed. The in-fight entertainment system still used an old 4 inch screen with remote (not a touchscreen display) with very limited choices of movies. Overall I still recommend Asiana.
AircraftA330-300
RouteICN to CGK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"slept well even in economy class"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew from Jakarta to Seoul using Asiana Airlines, OZ 762. No large meal since it was a night flight. The seat was quite comfortable with good legroom. Inflight entertainment was good. Using 7 inch touch screen display but touch screen not 100% responsive. In the toilet there were ready to use toothbrushes, mouthwash and skin toner. I really appreciate this kind of service during a night flight. I slept well even in economy class.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCGK to ISN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"very accommodating and friendly"

This was my first time flying Asiana Airlines. The flight attendants were very accommodating and friendly. The plane was comfortable and very clean. The flight attendants cleaned the bathrooms frequently throughout the long flight, which I have never seen done! Toiletries including toothbrushes were replenished. The food was very good, drinks and water given frequently in between. I have nothing but positive things to report, and just as I said, I will definitely fly with Asiana again.
RouteLAX to MNL via ICN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"deserve to be a 5-star Airline"

(Taiwan)

I took Asiana Airlines from Taipei to Seoul, I got a very good price on the ticket. I have to say that flying with Asiana Airlines is one of the best parts during my trip. The inflight service was great, the flight attendants were friendly and helpful. The meal was delicious and the seat was very comfortable. All the things were better than I had expected. Overall, in my opinion, they deserve to be a 5-star Airline. I will definitely choose them if I got the chances next time - the livery of Asiana Airline is beautiful for me.
RouteTPE to ICN
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff very friendly, food nice"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Seoul return flight with Asiana Airlines. Both planes I flew on were old and the inflight entertainment system was outdated - movie choices limited. Nevertheless, cabin staff were very friendly and food was really nice. Though the planes were old, seats are still very comfortable.
AircraftBoeing 747 / Boeing 777
RouteHKG to ICN
Date FlownJune 2016

"the staff were attentive"

Verified Review | Seoul to Singapore. The cabin was relatively good, with the nice burrito snack and meals. The staff were attentive and service was not bad. Seat pitch was good. The inflight entertainment was Korea-centric with limited English program options. However, I was dissatisfied with the booking system and calling system as well as their treatment of customer during disputes. Apparently we booked our flight on OZ753 on 19 June from Seoul to Singapore at 1930 as they had rescheduled our flight an hour later from 1830 on April 13. I had called the company hotline and ask if it is possible to reschedule us on the flight to an earlier flight. They told us the earlier flight is full and put us on standby. However, there was no follow up call. We thought all was fine. Until we reach the airport, we could not self check in at the airport or check in online. The ground staff tried to solve the issue but could not. So she called for the duty manager who told us that it is our fault for not removing the standby and secure our seats for the later flight. As a passenger, we will not be familiar with the airline company policies regarding such resolving such issues.
RouteICN to SIN