Asiana Airlines

"Comfortable cabin and seat"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul. Flight attendants are very attentive. Comfortable cabin and seat. Food from LAX to ICN was excellent. Food for ICN-BKK both ways were fine. However food from ICN to LAX included only chicken breast and Ssambap. Movie selection was quite limited, Asian movies are subtitled in Korean only so English-speaking passengers cannot enjoy them.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst business class trip"

Trip Verified | This is the worst business class trip I have taken. Flight delayed by 2 hours. When we take off no proper catering options, just given a tray of unrecognisable western dish (chicken?) and then asked if want to order the dinner meal before arrival - a choice of scrambled egg or porridge - who eats breakfast for dinner? Staff were polite but the cabin was too hot and the entertainment selection is appalling.
RouteSeoul Incheon to London
Date FlownAugust 2018

"boarding was chaotic"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Manila via Incheon. My experience with Asiana Airlines is not as exciting as I thought it would be. At LAX, boarding was chaotic. They don't have an organized boarding system. Everybody rushed in to board no matter what your seat number is. I found this to be very frustrating. The service is pretty much comparable to other premier Asian carriers. The economy seats are quite similar as well, although it has more cushion and softer. The B777 aircraft is an older version enroute to Seoul. The food is ok, not great as I was expecting. In my opinion they should just serve the Bibimbap enroute to Seoul and something different should be served in between Seoul and Manila and Seoul to LAX. That kind of explains why they have toothbrushes and mouthwash in the lavatories. While on transit in Seoul, the seats in the boarding gates are so stiff. I looked around for better seats to rest and I couldn't find any. The room is also small that there aren't enough seats for everybody. Some passengers just stood and wait for the next flight. Upon boarding, everybody rushed in again without any order. There still is no systematic boarding, unlike China Southern, EVA Airways, Cathay Pacific and Air China. Because of this, I promised myself not to book future flights with Asiana. The B747 for the connecting flight was refreshing as it is wider than the B777 and the seats are more comfortable. It was also quite nostalgic to board a B747. My flights were quite smooth, except for the hour delay from Seoul to MNL.
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Incheon
Date FlownMay 2018

"the staff were exemplary"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Istanbul via Seoul. Wonderful staff and even though it was an older plane the seat was comfortable with good legroom. Unfortunately, the entertainment choices were limited and the equipment was poor and old. Luckily, the Korean films were very entertaining and had English subtitles because none of the other world movies did. The plane was delayed one hour on the runway in Sydney, whilst they waited for the meals and again when a passenger didnt feel well. However, we made up the time in the air. The Sydney to Incheon leg was a day flight leaving in the morning, however the blinds were closed for the 9 hour trip. The same happened from Incheon to Istanbul, again a day flight of 9 hours, so it was quite stuffy particularly because the cabin temperature was warm. I preferred the excellent Korean food over the western meal and kept hydrated with tonnes of water rather than trying their alcohol. All flights were full but the staff were exemplary; remaining patient and smiling. The toilets were surprisingly always clean and in order.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteSydney to Istanbul via Seoul

"staff were superb"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | New York to Bangkok via Seoul. Both Sections were on A380. First the good news, planes were immaculately clean, staff were superb throughout, food was great on first leg, not so good on BKK section. Both planes were delayed, we had received notification that the JFK to ICN flight times had changed, about one hour later departure, but we left about another one after this this. It appears that OZ221 is always late leaving JFK, its not the airport issue as the KE ( a380 ) seems to leave on time every day around the same time. Connection at ICN was tight, but the plane was delayed once we had boarded. Food option poor only two choices on ICN to BKK, no Korean option! Movie choice on ICN to BKK poor only 4 Hollywood movies. The price was keen and would use again.
RouteNew York to Bangkok via Seoul

"Comfortable flights"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Jeju via Seoul return. Comfortable flights and good for cost per performance. The inflight meal was good quality and FAs served for passengers politely. For the return flights, when I checked-in at CJU, I could through check-in to HKG and no need to pick-up checked luggage at GMP even though my connecting flights depart at ICN. Checked luggage was sent to HKG automatically so I was so comfortable to move from GMP to ICN without any carries!
RouteHKG to CJU via SEL
Date FlownJune 2018

"will be my first choice"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Saipan. Excellent service, the flight attendants were very nice. A wonderful flight. Asiana Airlines will definitely be my first choice.
RouteSeoul to Saipan

"I won't bother again"

Trip Verified | Flew Sydney to London via Seoul and return in economy. After reading many reviews about Asiana I thought I'd fly with them this time back to the UK but after this time, I won't bother again. It's not that they're bad but SIA and Cathay Pacific are so much better. The food was nothing special and rather odd in texture, the entertainment system was old with poor response from the touch screen and very limited choice of movies. I don't sleep well on flights so usually spend a lot of time watching movies, I didn't finish one. Baggage allowance was a measly 20kg. Not that I expect to travel with all my household furnishings but I'd like to travel and not worry I'm going to go over my weight allowance. On the outbound flight from Sydney my wife was asleep so I ate her snack, my bad. After she woke up I went to see if I could get her another one. That was a no as she already 'had' her allocated snack. With Cathay, just in the crew area they have bowls of fruit and other snacks that you can help yourself to. Want something hot, no bother with CX, have some noodles. An annoying thing when you're trying to sleep is that whenever we hit turbulence the screen would light up. I don't understand Korean and maybe it's something to do with the Korean language but you'd get these long announcements but in English it ends up garbled and very brief. Does Korean use more to say less? I'm Asian myself and can understand that many Asians have trouble with the English language but considering English is the language all airlines are supposed to use the standard was poor and I missed more than I actually caught. I suppose you get what you pay for and they where at the cheaper end of the price scale but still, it's the little things that add up to make it a less than an experience I'd want to repeat.
RouteSydney to London via Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"turned into a 36 hour ordeal"

Trip Verified | Okinawa to Los Angeles via Seoul. You can't reschedule one leg of a journey to a time after the second leg. I spent over an hour finding someone who would correct my flight schedule, which they did by adding an extra leg. That followed up with 6 + 4 hours of delays, missing on my last leg which they refused to rebook on another partner airline that was leaving sooner. All in all, a 16-20 hour trip turned into a 36 hour ordeal and nothing from the airline for all meals bought and hotels stayed at. Pretty sure I'm not going to use this airline again.
RouteOkinawa to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"friendly and very efficient"

Trip Verified | First time in Asiana Business Class on flight from Hong Kong to Seoul. Asiana's business class seats are in a staggered 1-2-1 configuration on the A380. The seats could be turned into a flat bed and were very comfortable, in particular considering that it was only a three-hour-flight. Service was friendly and very efficient, and the quality of the food was impressive for a rather short flight. I would take Asiana again without hesitation.
RouteHong Kong to Seoul