Asiana Airlines

"Korean Air fared far better"

Trip Verified | During the flight, a huge majority of the passengers as well as most, if all not, of the cabin crew were Koreans. Except from the announcements (turbulence, arriving message, etc) played over the PA system, all other announcements (asking if anyone wanted extra servings of beverages or had rubbish for throwing, etc) relayed by the flight attendants face-to-face were done in the Korean language only. No efforts were made by the cabin crew to engage non-Korean speaking passengers, as they seemed to have forgotten that there were passengers of other nationalities on board. In this aspect, Korean Air fared far better.
RouteIncheon to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"cabin crew were amazing"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Seoul Gimpo to Jeju. The flight that I booked was delay and I have been offered from the ground staff to take a previous flight, I have been positively surprised. Ground staff did a great job, they worked hard and they were very busy to minimize the delay. I loved that the cabin crew greets and welcome every single passenger after the boarding, cabin crew were amazing. Cabin is clean, seat is comfortable, and a drink service has been offered. I will fly again Asiana Airlines.
RouteSeoul Gimpo to Jeju
Date FlownApril 2018

"a recommendable airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Shanghai. At the boarding gate airline members carried out an accurate weight and size-inspection of carry on luggage. Seats were comfortable enough for this 2-hour-flight. In flight entertainment selection is mediocre. Flight attendants are very strict with drinks being brought into the cabin. I carried a beverage which I bought in the departure hall, when they caught me sipping at it they requested me to give it up and started making a fuss over it. Meals were served during the short flight, quality was acceptable. Considering the bargain ticket a recommendable airline.
RouteSeoul to Shanghai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"impressed by the service"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Jakarta. I was highly impressed by the service provided by the air crew. Their response was very good. Aircraft was much comfortable affordable and food was also good especially arrange as I wanted Muslim food. I have travelled through Emirates, Qatar and Thai previously, however, I found this airline above all. Overall a great experience.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Service was so-so"

Trip Verified | Took OZ754 from Singapore to Seoul and was assigned a flight without any personal in-flight entertainment! I am very surprised at this. Service was so-so. Food portion and taste was also ok. The only good thing is that the leg room is wider. I will not consider taking Asiana again for my next Korea trip.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Seats were okay"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Haneda-Gimpo-Haneda on Asiana's A330. The aircrafts were a little old but no problem for this 2-hour flight. Seats were okay. PTVs were also okay but a little difficult to navigate. Meals were good for this short flight. Flight attendants were friendly and professional.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Gimpo
Date FlownDecember 2017

"professionalism displayed"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Los Angeles. This was just one leg of our trip which was Los Angeles to Sydney return. However all legs were excellent. We had the same seats for all our flights and the same aircraft as well, the A380. We were in 9E and 9F. Embarkation was smooth and awe were warmly greeted as we arrived to the aircraft and directed to our seats. The FA's were all very polite and professional and friendly. The lie flat quadra-smartium seats were fine though I do think they could provide a duvet for extra padding. However we slept well. The food was very good and the selection of wine, beer and spirits was quite good. I like a Scotch and they had an 18 yr old Chivas Regal or a 17 yr old Ballantine's and the cognac was a camp XO, very good! The IFE was fine and we had plenty of movies and other programming to choose from. Most importantly its the high level of professionalism displayed on board by the staff that really sells it for me. I am treated like a most welcome guest.
RouteSeoul to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2017

"be very happy to fly them again"

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to London. This was my first flight with Asiana Airlines, which I took after having checked it had the new business class. It was an excellent flight. Configuration is 1-2-1. Seats are wider than on British Airways and there's pretty good storage. Service was excellent, food was good. WiFi worked perfectly. Small quibble but movies were mostly poor quality (ie poorly reviewed) and not as extensive as the best systems. All in all, an excellent trip, and I’d be very happy to fly them again, with the new business class.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSeoul Incheon to London
Date FlownNovember 2017

"only saving grace was the food"

Verified Review | Avoid Asiana's Honolulu-Incheon route. Super old aircraft with a six inches IFE screen. Very limited entertainment, around 10 movies in total that you don't even want to watch because the screen is small and old. I don't understand why Asiana will deploy an old aircraft with limited entertainment for a long haul flight. Please use these old aircrafts for short hauls. The only saving grace was the food! Delicious and more than enough in terms of quantity. Two full meals for a 9-hour flight.
RouteIncheon Seoul to Honolulu
Date FlownNovember 2017

"great service and inflight food"

Verified Review | Chicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul. Flight with Asiana Airlines was very comfortable with great service and inflight food. My flight was overnight and allowed me to sleep on my normal schedule and arrive refreshed. I will definitely add this to my list of preferred airlines. Seats are spaced for great leg room and the seat width is comfortable for a 6 foot, 240 pound man.
RouteChicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul