American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

Flew First Class from Buenos Aires - Dallas/Ft Worth on a 777-200. The seats while dated are roomy with lots of leg room and storage space. Boarding was quick although the agents and gate security at EZE leave a bit to be desired. Our flight attendants were ok nothing remarkable. Food was filling and of fair quality. The seat is lie- angled and not super comfortable but comfy enough to relax and watch the dated IFE. I can't complain about sitting in First Class on this 11 hour flight but the whole experience was just mediocre.

(Malaysia)

AA63 CDG to MIA AA931 MIA to EZE AA990 GIG to MIA AA62 MIA to CDG. Worst cabin service unimaginable seats still using the ancient TV screens on ceiling on Trans Atlantic and South American flights! Imagine looking at a small screen on top of the ceiling during a 10 hour flight. They only screen 1 movie on the entire flight.

American Airlines customer review

Flight from Miami to Phoenix flight 303. First class was a major disappointment from old plane to slowest service ever no pre-flight drinks and then waited over 1 hour before a beverage was served. Sorry to say the New American feels like to old AA famous for poor service. Loyal US Air at least they tried and had a sense of urgency.

American Airlines customer review

Round-trip from Miami to CDG Paris. Cabin seats with little to no leg space and I'm not a large person. I passed on the food on the return trip as the chicken dish on the trip from Miami to Paris was lukewarm and horrible. In recent years I have seen fares on the international flights rise rapidly and in my opinion they have done little to justify the price increase. In the future I will look for another airline.

(Bermuda)

Give credit where credit is due-on the 16th of December I boarded AA193 in First seat 3E to connect in JFK to AA1416 to BDA also in First seat 3E. Due to a technical fault we had about an hour delay in BOS and I was concerned that I (and my fellow connecting passengers) would miss our connections. The captain did his best to make up time and after arriving at the gate (12) the lead flight attendant asked passengers not connecting to remain seated and let passengers with connections to disembark first. My BDA flight was at gate 40 and I made the fligh t- with moments to spare! Upon arriving in BDA was very surprised to see that my 2 bags had also made it. Thanks AA for a good team effort - and please put the dinner service back on that evening flight.

American Airlines customer review

Flew business SJU-JFK-LHR. SJU-JFK leg on old 757 with no individual video screens and pretty tired cabin. Food was virtually inedible. Admirals Club lounge at JFK OK but I resent having to pay for a packet of crisps when I've paid thousands for a ticket. JFK-LHR was much better: new 777 with really comfy flat bed and amazing noise cancelling headphones. Food was still awful (but food is generally dreadful in the USA anyway so to be expected. Flight slightly late but overall pretty good - particularly like the fact I wasn't woken up until 25 minutes before landing.

American Airlines customer review

I had about a 10 hr non stop flight from Paris to New York. There was no in seat TV. Only 2-3 TVs in the aisle and they asked for $5 each for headphones to listen to the movies they were playing of their choice. All the flight attendants were rude. I needed a blanket but they denied this. Overall it was a lesson for me to avoid American Airlines flights wherever possible.

American Airlines customer review

Flying from O'Hare to DC - rude attendant who let several passengers on board with 2 bags some larger than my single carry-on. I had to stow my bag because I had a shopping bag. When I offered to collapse the bag and place it under the seat I was told that I could not carry both onto the plane. Once we boarded the plane we were kept on the ground for 3 hours without water and/or food for those of us unlucky enough to not have brought our own on board. When I asked an attendant if I could have a bottle of water I was told that no service could be provided and to be patient that we would be departing soon (this was about two hours before our flight took off). When the flight eventually took off we were offered options for snacks when I requested my option I was told that they had run out. Why offer an option at all? When the drink cart eventually made its way to me I asked for a coke and was given 1/2 a coke served for me in a cup. When I asked for a second one I was told that they had limited quantities. Outdated plane with the tv screens down the middle row. Horrible service - rude check-in attendants and complete incompetence from the entire crew. I will not fly American Airlines again.

American Airlines customer review

Four hour fog delay from Midland to DFW. Sat on the Tarmac for a half hour to get to a gate at DFW. Then waited 45 min. on someone to open the door. Return flight was at 6.10pm - delay after delay and finally canceled at 9pm due to weather. Kicker is an AA flight left the same terminal an hour later for Midland. We couldn't schedule another flight to Midland until two days later. Agents were the rudest most disrespectful and uncaring people you would ever want to run across. If you ever desire to travel with AA don't.

American Airlines customer review

Flight from Chicago to Paris on Thurs (12/5/14) was nothing but miserable. AA brought two planes to the gate when neither could pass safety inspection. The big question is why the planes made it to the gate in the first place. Passengers were then told that another plane had been found (another gate) but it needed to be inspected cleaned and finally loaded - they did provide soda and pretzels during the 3.5+ hour wait (big deal). We finally boarded a not-too-clean plane (I found trash in the seat pocket) and it was cold for the entire trip. We saw the staff twice - once to serve what they call dinner and once when they served a cold breakfast. The trip was just plain awful and makes me want to give up travel by air altogether. One bright spot that has nothing to do with AA - it was a SMOOTH flight and we made it in record time due to a good tail wind.