American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

People are getting bigger not smaller. The seats were uncomfortably tight and small. Entertainment terrible can't they put on a recent movie. Not even a cookie was served! The airline attendants were stone faced. When leaving the plane no attendants present. This is the worst airline we have been on. We will never use it again even if it is cheaper. Flights both going and coming were 45 min to 1 hr delayed. We almost missed our connecting flights both times we were the last to board the plane with rude comments from workers that they are waiting for us!

American Airlines customer review

All four of my flight legs were substantially delayed (one because they couldn't find one of the crew members). The airline took no responsibility for the delays-they did not have enough gate agents did not accommodate passengers who missed connecting flights or were trapped in airports overnight as a result of the delays and were extremely rude to passengers who asked for compensation. The seats were also very tight and I could not fit a normal sized backpack fully under the seat in front of me.

American Airlines customer review

Travelled from Miami to London on January 8th 2015 in first class. Very bad service and very shabby cabin. Here's a warning. Our meal was extremely disappointing it was cold and when we complained the meals were taken away and re-heated not safe. Also and worse still was my wife's meal. She needs Gluten Free food but her meal was terrible some chicken and rice which again was cold. When my wife made comments to the senior steward she told us that due to AA cutbacks they are withdrawing special meals. This was not denied by AA customer relations so if you have any kind of special dietary needs do not fly AA. Be warned.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

AA from BOS to MIA on Jan 26 (rather than on the 28th to avoid the storm) next in business MIA to Santiago Chile on the 28th as scheduled. Returned in economy Montevideo Uruguay on Feb 10 to MIA (rather than on the 11th to avoid a predicted storm). Finally on to BOS in first on February 12. I wish the in-the-air product always equalled the consistently excellent service we receive at the Platinum desk. Based on three of the four flights we found the experience professional. The flight however from Montevideo to Miami was characterized by perfunctory service with the crew basically invisible expect for the required meal service. When we boarded they were clustered together laughing. No assistance in boarding the very full plane and throughout the flight. AA has a lock on this flight; should do better. Primitive inflight system not working. Ratings below based on MVD-MIA flight not the other three which were fine.

American Airlines customer review

JFK to GIG on Nov 21st and return on November 30 from GIG to JFK. Flying business class all over the world with different airlines. They are by far the worst that I have experienced. Lousy old planes broken seats and tray tables entertainment system consists of ipads horrible food and drinks selections (half of what is on the menu not available). They are known to cancel flights for mechanical failures. The crew were nice and were aware of their company's issues.

American Airlines customer review

LAX-DFW-MEX and return - First/Business Class. My expectations were set fairly low as these were my 11th and 12th transit of DFW on American over the last 6-7 years but wanted to burn off some miles. Of these trips I can now say that 2 have departed on time out of this place. That said my trip down to MEX was uneventful. Food was fair at best and F/A's smiles seemed missing but was on time. The departure out of MEX back to Dallas was delayed by Radar problems at MEX. This set off a chain of events that resulted in a missed connection at DFW and while 90% could be attributed to the Radar problem. The flight was not posted on airport monitors and the gate was changed. The departure gate did not have the flight displayed so people had to ask if this was indeed for the DFW flight. Once on board the pilot announced a 59 minute traffic delay due to an early full ground stop. That 59 minutes went by plus another 20 or so with no further word from the crew. Late passengers arrived about an hour after the scheduled time and once loaded the door was shut and we pushed back. Since I signed up for Emails I received no fewer than 14 Emails that I didn't read until arrival in DFW which caused connection confusion that even one of their agents could not explain. As it turned out due to carry on bag only I could have made my first flight but apparently they gave my seat away thinking there would be no way I could make it. Coming into DFW I checked online and it showed what looked like I had been rebooked on the 2nd of 2 remaining flights but Emails after arrival which were generic made me think I had been rebooked on the first of the two. All 3 remaining flights were at different terminals which didn't help. Food offered on both return legs was ridiculous same thing on both flights which means they boarded the little biscuit sandwiches at DFW flew them to MEX to serve on the return flight.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

Flew PHL-AMS return on 757-200 in January 2015. No frills single aisle plane was on time and food was fine - one glass of wine free. I brought my own iPad full of movies because of the lack of AVOID. No person sat beside me so plenty of room. Staff was efficient but they need to fix a loose door in the loo (was broken on the outbound and return flights no excuse).

(Greece)

Travelling from Bogota to London via Miami we lost our connecting flight at Miami Airport due to delay of our first flight with American Airlines. We waited 5 hrs in a long queue with other passengers that have also lost connecting flights with AA. AA staff was really impolite. Their only offer was to travel to Dallas next day and from there to London. They didn't offer accommodation and we stayed all night at Miami Airport (12 hours) We finally reached London 24 hrs after our initially scheduled time. They didn't offer any kind of compensation. Never travel again with AA.

American Airlines customer review

AA0071 1/12/2015 FRA-DFW. Actually my flight was with Etihad however the connection from Frankfurt to Dallas Fort Worth was with American Airlines. The plane outside looked great however once I boarded it looked like I was still in the 1960's. Damaged/not working light switches ugly and dirty seats and the 12 hour long flight had no monitor to watch anything. I will try to avoid American Airlines in future.

American Airlines customer review

JFK-Bermuda-JFK. Flight to Bermuda uneventful though only soft drinks served despite being an International flight at dinner hour nary a peanut to be seen. Seat comfort was reasonable for a 1 hr 37 min flight. One flight attendant was extraordinarily rude and sassy loudly scolding numerous passengers about a number of trumped up infractions. Return flight to JFK was overbooked so we and others were hauled into an American Airlines office told we would have to be rebooked the following day. After waiting a while with no further time left to clear customs American told us to be re-booked each passenger would have to pay an additional $298 above the flight ticket already paid plus a fine. American refused even to ask if other flights (Delta or Jet Blue) had space later that day when no one was willing to pay all the extra charges to re-book on American the following morning or even tell us where the other two airlines were located. As it turned out Delta had only Business Class seats available (they said) but Jet Blue could accommodate everyone for a charge of $198 per person. American is clearly not very customer friendly and one would think twice about flying with them again in the future. JetBlue as it turned out had more leg room served a snack and their crew onboard was much better organized and politer than American had been.