American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

Very bad flight experience. Though I was booked in Business Class the seats and taking care of food preference was horrible. My in seat entertainment system was not working. Also on top of it the control to call the attendant was not working. Even the reading light on the seat was not working for a major portion of the flight I could not read anything. I had in advance booked an Asian Vegetarian meal. I was informed that the meal had not been arranged. My seat was moving I was not sure that the seat was fully in upright position at the time of take off and landing.

American Airlines customer review

I fly about 5-12 times a year so it's not a lot but it's not a little either. I've done international and many within the USA. I have never flown with AA but I will from now on. I usually only fly us air but I'm on a flight from CLT to Dallas/Ft. Worth and it was the most comfortable short distance flight I have taken to date. Other competitors don't even come close. (I'm comparing only to those flights within the USA and mid-size) the seats were comfortable the staff nice and each seat has a TV in front of it. Well done for changing my mind!

American Airlines customer review

IAH to LGA via Chicago O'Hare on March 6th on a redemption ticket. Both flights were on-time. Easy checking and Priority AAccess helped me to get quickly through security and to board the aircraft early. Very smooth and organize boarding both flights arrived early. Great cabin crew comfortable seats and generous legroom. Definitely recommend flying AA.

American Airlines customer review

Can not believe they tout new planes yet can't have a consistent onboard experience. I fly 2 to 3 times a week on AA and I never know what my flight will entail. Poor options for entertainment. If you are lucky enough to have internet on a flight you may or may not have the ability to rent a movie or show which I am happy to do. Yet I get on the new airbus which honestly is just as bad as their ancient md-80's and I can either stare at the broken monitor I was given where the sound doesn't work or like the passenger next me the screen was completely broken and would not display correctly. I get on gogo and it won't allow me to rent anything yet surf on a slow and labored internet connection. How can you not bring a consistent options to those that fly you the most?

American Airlines customer review

Flew on 2/27/14 from LGA to MIA on a US airways code share flight. Aircraft was newish Boeing 737 800. Seats were comfortable with adjustable headrest with plenty of space between my knees and seat in front. They were comparable to United's economy plus seats. Service was friendly and professional. The aircraft had wifi which could be purchased and the bandwidth was more than adequate for getting email and work done. All safety announcements and instructions seem to be pre recorded in a voice with a a neutral calm tone. As is the case in most US domestic they only have beverage service but they give you the whole along with glass as oppose to UA where they only fill the ice filled plastic cup. Inflight entertainment consisted of overhead monitors with requirement to purchase headphones however wifi availability made up for this.

American Airlines customer review

JFK-MAD return. Both flights on time and fine. 757 used which meant tired outdated and unusable IFE from drop down screens in the aisle. Be warned if in window seat you will not be able to see the entire screen. MCE seating wonderful to provide extra leg room on these long flights. Exit row seat seemed thin ended up sitting on my pillow for most of the flight! Crew on both legs were good return trip they were smiling and engaging. Something not expected often! Food acceptable but let's be honest-nothing to travel for! Multiple drink runs welcomed.

American Airlines customer review

AA does not care about its customers or understand why getting customers to their destinations on time matters. AA Flight number 132 was cancelled after sitting on the plane for 40 minutes due to a mechanical issue with the aircraft. The AA flight crew knowingly boarded the entire flight of passengers even though they knew the black box/communication box to the flight deck tower was broken and required repair. Many passengers had a connecting flight out of Dallas Fort Worth airport the destination for AA Flight 132. After 30 minutes of waiting with no information the flight crew informed us that the plane had a mechanical issue and the repair was being made. 10 minutes later the flight crew announced that the repair could not be made and the plane would be decommissioned. Asked to de-plane and had to wait another 10 minutes. Finally landed in Dallas. I ran through the airport and we were able to make the second flight (not our originally scheduled flight) and we made it. Flight attendants on this flight (AA Flight number 2467) were not helpful. No crew member helped us move overhead bags to get our bags up or helped communicate to another passenger to move his jacket down or a small bag that should be under such passengers seat. We finally landed in Los Angeles. We lost the chance to get to Honolulu on Saturday February 8 as planned and paid for. After waiting in line we received our voucher for one night at the airport Holiday Inn in Los Angeles and a $39.00 voucher for dinner for 3 people and an $18 voucher for breakfast on Sunday Feb. 9 also for 3 people (in LAX!).

American Airlines customer review

SNA-DFW on AA mainline in first class DFW-LFT on AA Eagle in coach. This would have been an on time departure however during a strong storm our B737-800 aircraft was struck by high winds just before push back. Maintenance was called and an inspection was made with no damage noted. The flight crew kept us fully informed and drinks were served in first class during the delay. We finally took off through very turbulent weather. The crew kept us fully informed of the weather conditions as the flight attendants had to remain seated for quite some time due to the turbulence. Once past Palm Springs the ride became very comfortable and dinner was served. The "teriyaki beef with sugar snap beans and sticky rice" was unremarkable although the salad and dessert (freshly baked and still warm chocolate chip cookies) were fine. The red wine from Washington state was fine as well. Cabin service was excellent. Due to strong tail winds we were only about 15 minutes late arriving in DFW and I made my connection to LFT via AA Eagle with no problems. Early arrival in LFT and my checked bag arrived on the belt quickly. All in all a terrific job by AA and AA Eagle.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

AA 1122 - horrible plane. Seats were extremely uncomfortable even though the seat next to me was not occupied. If you ever have a choice - never choose this flight from Bogota to Dallas. The in-your-face screen in my seat did not work! None of the crew cared about it.

American Airlines customer review

Flew from LHR to DFW to make a connection to Mexico. They use the new 777-ER on this Dallas route. It was my first time to fly this aircraft and it's really great. I think it now must be the best business class product on the transatlantic - much better than BA. The seat is really comfortable. Great if you are travelling alone and get a window seat and you have complete privacy. The FA looking after me was very friendly and attentive. The International Terminal D at DFW must be the best international transfer experience in the US better than most European airports. AA system of tagging your baggage straight through to the final destination outside the US (ITI) is excellent.