American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

LHR-JFK on my way to Rio and I found that the crew were very unpleasant and had a couldn't care attitude. The connecting flight to Rio was cancelled due to technical issues and a hotel was organised but we had a terrible time getting to he hotel as there was no one to guide or direct us. Very unpleasant experience both ways and the food was a joke too - serving a pizza for breakfast! It was take it or leave it as they had no other options. The crew looked so fed up to be there. I am doing the same journey again but this time definitely it will be a different airline.

American Airlines customer review

Stewardesses were extremely rude on every flight. I had 2 connections from Jacksonville FL to Long Beach CA and then 3 connecting flights on the return home. My carry on was well within the measurement requirements and every time it fit nicely under the seat in front of me. The bag carried my pillow so it appeared to be full. Upon boarding every flight I was harshly informed that "it will not fit and would need to be checked." One lady even tried to take it from me. I had to unnecessarily prove on every flight that it did indeed fit under the seat in front of me. After seeing for her own eyes one stewardess rolled her eyes and walked away. The beverage service was less than mediocre. Not one staff member appeared to be happy to be there.

American Airlines customer review

I took AA4244 from DCA to ORD on 3/17/2014. Flight arrived on time but there was no space for the flight to park due to the only one bridge being broken. After waiting 45 mins flight finally got a free bridge. Several people missed the connection. AA could arrange the flight to wait for few mins as they already knew the flight was waiting outside for the bridge but they prefer to give us hotel and meal voucher. This has happened several times on my trip. If I could I would not take such an airline again. Very disappointed.

American Airlines customer review

I would just like to echo the views of A Forrest (Mar 17th). My wife and I have returned from a long weekend in the big apple so endured MAN-JFK return flights over the last few days. The most antiquated substandard long haul flight that I have taken for a long time! I'm not saying that I will never fly AA again but if there is a choice then AA will not be my first!

American Airlines customer review

3 flights with 3 problems in less than a month. First bad weather cancels flight which can hardly be blamed on the airline. Not being able to even reach an agent to rebook for 48 hours and being forced to use an alternate airline to make meeting. Most definitely can. Second sat on tarmac for an hour waiting quite literally for a piece of paper certifying weight and then being forced to return to gate and refuel when minimum safe fuel line is broken was not fun. Having to literally run to connecting flight is even less fun. Especially when a comfortable wait was programmed into original flight. Third went to check in for overseas flight booked by government and after standing in line (no military bypass in system for check in) was unapologetically and without assistance punted to partner airline to stand in line for another hour. Because people who ticket with AA are just supposed to know this - particularly when standard check in procedures block military travel and leaves you stranded. Do the airlines really think making people wait needlessly and unapologetically is a good thing?

American Airlines customer review

Manchester-JFK. Cannot believe there were no monitors in the back of the headrests instead monitors on the ceilings so far away you could barely see. The so called inflight entertainment (1 film for a 8.5 hour flight) broke after 10 minutes of starting and was off for an hour then anyway. When the "food" turned up I was given some cold pasta as there was no chicken left so it was this slop or nothing it was inedible so left it. On the way home there was a 2 hour delay and a gate change from 1 to 35. This time I got chicken but service was done in the dark and again only one film for a transatlantic flight so no distractions there or back which meant plenty of clock watching. This was my first time with American airlines and I can honestly say its the most prehistoric long haul flight I've ever had the misfortune to get on.

American Airlines customer review

I flew from IAH to ORD my next flight was at 9.30 but I couldn't get off the plane because we had no space for the aircraft I told the flight attendant to let them know that I was running late. She didn't care so ended up missing my flight. Poor service poor attitude poor everything!

(Norway)

AA51 on two occasions. 6th Jan and 9th March 2014. As a seasoned traveller countless delays and negative experiences I still go about it with a smile. The negative experiences that I have I often just take with a smile. Not so this time. American Airlines provoked me so much on my last flights with them. I travel often in both economy and business as a paying customer. This time I was in business class with "The New" American and their 777-300ER. The product is great so is the food and the IFE. But the crew of AA are a disgrace. From the moment I stepped on the airplane an aura of unwelcomeness was hanging in the air. The crew were stressed and did not have time for anything but to run. No smiles nothing mostly just grumpy faces. After a dinner service that took forever to get going and that was served with a slap in the face I went to their famous buffèt of snacks to have some water and some fruit. As I did that one of the two flight attendants sitting there asked me: "Didn't you eat already?" I stood there feeling unwelcome. I don't pay a business class ticket to be met by such an attitude. It is simply incredible how unwelcome AA crews can make you feel on their long-haul flights. I'd much rather have bad food and IFE but a smiling friendly and service minded crew.

American Airlines customer review

I booked travel 2 months ago for my wedding. The day of the trip American Airlines cancelled the flight and put me and my fiancee on a flight 10hrs later (in different seats) when they had other flights available that would've got us there sooner. After they flew us to our connecting flight they delayed it another hour. I normally fly with Southwest I will never make the mistake of flying American Airlines again.

American Airlines customer review

Flew NRT-ORD in Business AA 154 on March 10. The seats and service (apart from inflight entertainment) remain not as good than the Japan Airlines flights on the same route but I saw a real effort to improve. I often find Chicago-based AA cabin attendants particularly surly for some reason but this trip I was blessed by having an outstandingly efficient and even pleasant Japanese cabin attendant who looked after the Japanese speakers as well as me very well. The connecting flight to BOS AA 2474 had at least as good cabin crew and the pilot even shook the hands with the passengers in First before the flight started.