American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

I was traveling home from Palm Springs CA. through Dallas. Flight was delayed 3 times through e-mail notification before any gate agent was seen. When I asked the young lady about our flight she didn't know anything. After a couple of calls she made an announcement. All I wanted was some info so I knew what to do next. After boarding and taxiing to the runway we were told we did not have enough fuel to make it around the approaching storm. Then the flight was canceled and re-instated in about 15 minutes. After we did land 6 hours late in Shreveport I called customer relations and they were not helpful at all. I was offered $200 toward my next travel.

American Airlines customer review

23 March. JAX to DFW to connect with a BA flight back to LHR (comment later). Aircraft MD83. I took this flight with very low expectations following past experience and general comments. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. Check-in at JAX was swift friendly and cruised past security in no time; was offered Fast Track and then again JAX is not the busiest of airports in the US. Unfortunately there are no lounges for premium passengers unless you are flying DL or their Skyteam partners. Boarding was relatively ordered. Was greeted with a smile (first impression counts) and shown to my seat by the friendly stewardess. Unlike many European carriers on their shorthaul aircraft's the premium cabins in this case do have distinct seating in their different classes. For the type of aircraft and duration of flight I would say it was quite appropriate - no use expecting a flatbed or deluxe booth for a two hour + flight. Once boarding was complete announcements were made hot towels offered followed by a choice of bubbly juice or water. Lift off was on time and flight pretty smooth most of the time. A few bumps here and there but that's part of flying. Service was above my expectations the stewardess was extremely friendly helpful and fully justified the premium escence of the cabin. Main and only disappointment was the food. Not bad but certainly not a First Class offering. On shorter Asian and European journeys the offering is far superior in a comparable cabin. On the other hand being a nut-allergy sufferer the pre-lunch aperitif of warm nuts was a no-go for me however this charming lady went out of her way to get me an appropriate (and definitely yummier) substitute - corn chips with a houmous dip. Landing was a bit later than scheduled but beforehand I was explained the best way of getting to my connecting flight. Surprisingly and with a mere 40 minutes to spare my bag even made it to my connection. Well done American!
Cabin FlownFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

Only drinks were offered on flight. Not even a bag of peanuts. The man beside us tried to buy food but said they were basically out and we were only a few rows behind business class. Flying from Toronto and connecting in Miami. Lost our luggage on our connection to Costa Rica. Had to wait 2 hours in Costa Rica airport for lost luggage and said would have it later that night delivered to hotel. Wasn't there the next day and had no idea where it was. No one would pick up the phone at the airport. Finally got it the following morning when we were at another hotel 4 hours away. First and last time.

American Airlines customer review

Everything was fine except they did not offer any food in Economy class (you have to pay for some poor snacks). Our flight was at lunchtime. The ticket fare was $500 you'd think they would manage to fit a sandwich or slice of pizza in the budget. The Business Class passengers were served snacks hot meals and free alcoholic drinks. Outrageous.

American Airlines customer review

Flight from RTB to FRA via MIA. Flight departed in Roatan 1hr delayed. After the immigration we missed our connection flight. So we had to rebook for the next day. Finding the airport shuttle to the hotel was very hard without any guidance. Rebooked flight to FRA via DFW was delayed for another hour so we thought it could get close again. So we asked for the gate for our connection flight. After reaching the gate we were told that this is the wrong gate and the flight is delayed or another three hours. All ground staff were rude and not willing to get us asap to FRA. The Entertainment system is not state of the art and sometimes not working. The crew were unfriendly. Food is a joke. Never again with AA.

American Airlines customer review

ORD-MIA on March 27. 737-800. Flight was packed and had Emergency Row window - my favorite seat 14F. Upon boarding F/A at door was all smiles - even joked with me while waiting for First Class passengers to get settled while I was at the door. Really fun group of FAs and all smiling. Flight was just about 3 hours and went by fast. Had cheese and crackers snack so not much but we all know the inflight catering in Economy is basically nothing so no complaints. Just bring your own food if you want something substantial. Nothing was shown on the TV's so not sure why - that's the only thing to really say was a let-down. Landed early and bag out quickly. Good job AA!

American Airlines customer review

MIA-POS 28 March in Business Class. 757 had new seats and was 50% full so plenty of room. Departure was 1 hour late due to First Officer being 1 hour late to the flight (wasn't explained why but they kept us in the boarding area so we didn't have to sit on the hot plane). Flight attendants in Biz Class were great - super friendly and smiles. Purser came and greeted each passenger - and his partner FA was all smiles and anticipated your needs which was amazing. Food was really good - AA has changed its menu and very tasty and healthy. Flight was only 3 hours so went by quickly. Another "Thanks for flying with AA" from the Purser prior to landing. Keep up the good work American - really was excellent service.

American Airlines customer review

My husband and I travelled from San Juan to Miami and to Seattle. Nothing was offered in the form of snacks so forget about food. Such a long ride and the seats were very uncomfortable. We had to pay $25.00 for the checked bag. I don't understand how the airlines are getting so cheap. I looked online before I left and it said there would not be any charge for the checked bag. From Seattle to Atlanta and then to San Juan I travelled on the Delta Airlines and we were given snacks.

American Airlines customer review

MAN to JFK on British Airways ticket but American Airlines aircraft. Very old B757 aircraft that has not been refurbished. No seat back screens. Only two choices of meal (three on virgin Atlantic). Very average quality and small portion size. Dessert consisted of a couple of biscuits. Crew were pretty good. No complaints and flight was on time. Seating was cramped. Large number of seats converted to extra legroom but for a premium price.

American Airlines customer review

Flight #1361 BNA-LAX on 3/14/2014. 1st class AM flight and was offered Corn Flakes or Oatmeal? Isn't this 1st class. In this day and age I cannot believe this is the offering. Where is the fruit yoghurt or hot breakfast sandwich? Coach was offered nothing. Nothing to purchase not even a miniature snack of nuts. This was a 5 hour flight. I expect that length of flight to at the very minimum offer a meal that is available to purchase.
Cabin FlownFirst Class