Best Cabin Crew

American Airlines

"good basic service"

Chicago to London with American Airlines. Comfortable flight on a refurbished Boeing 767. No in-seat video is provided but there are control boxes on the floor. Food and wine were fine. Crew were good and interacted with passengers during the flight. Overall, good basic service that gets you from A to B.
RouteORD to LHR
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"never get a dime from me again"

Las Vegas to Dallas. Mechanical problems are a given in the airline business however it's up to the airline to make up the difference. We missed our connecting flight and then waited for 1.5 hours for the hotel to send a shuttle. The airline had two hours to figure out who would be missing what flight and to coordinate effectively with the hotel for a seamless transition. Instead we waited in the cold and ended up at a hotel that was 20 mins away from the hotel, one that only had a shuttle once an hour and we almost missed the kitchen due to their laziness and poor planning. If it's ever in my power American Airlines will never get a dime from me again.
RouteLAS to DFW

"no flat beds available"

Montevideo to London via Boston. Check-in MVD with no troubles, informed bag need to be collected with clearing custom in MIA. Boarding the flight 2A comes to my attention there is customer occupying the seat however due to aircraft change seat 2A was free. Due to that change other customer was yelling at me to change seat. Later during flight when crew gave custom form I wasn't too advanced in Spanish so decided to go to front galley and ask cabin crew to provide me with English custom card - that was mistake as five crew members laugh at me saying "you don't speak Spanish". Diverted from MIA to TPA due to weather (sure this happened, I managed to have a little snooze being on the ground 4h-5h with not much information). Tried to change my flight over the phone to attend my meeting in BOS however no chance to arrange it. After long morning and early afternoon having already few changes on my ticket I was sent to MIA by the same flight and arrived over 10hrs late. Crew on TPA-MIA flight was very good and that was only great team I witnessed during five flights on my trip. No one was able to assist me with changes for next day and I was offered another change and fly MIA to LHR. Being so exhausted with so little informations and if there were any confusing so badly I accept the change. When I boarded B777 some customers were approaching cabin crew asking about aircraft change and no flat beds available - crew denied any changes. When I contacted customer service to find some explanations and gave feedback from my experience I couldn't be any more disappointed from response.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757 / 777
RouteMVD to LHR via BOS

"not be flying again"

Charlotte to Los Angeles with American Airlines. I have flown on a lot of airlines, today's was the worst. Dismal customer service, rude counter workers and flight attendants, service boasted of wifi, television screens with 250 movies on the seat as well as USB chargers for the seats, none of which were available on a 5.5 hour flight. Boarding process was painful. Plane was dirty and some seats were worn out and had tears in them. Will not be flying with American Airlines again. Plane tickets are way too expensive for such substandard value.
RouteCLT to LAX
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"crew courteous and helpful"

London to New York JFK, returning from Miami, and great flights with in Business Class on Boeing 777-300. The space, comfort, and privacy on this aircraft is second to none. The cabin crew were courteous and helpful (most of my flights with AA have been in coach where the rudeness of the staff used to be legendary). On both flights, the FA greeted by name, confirmed my meal order with me (requested on line) and took my coat. Outbound lunch was good, as were the wines. Drinks constantly replenished. A selection of snacks was laid out in the bar between meals, although I didn’t try them. The pre-landing snack was croque monsieur, which was ok but really no better than the pizza that you used to get in coach many years ago. Before landing, the purser walked through the cabin thanking each passenger for flying AA. A nice touch. Bose noise cancelling headphones are superb, although they collect them almost an hour before landing. On the return from MIA, the food and service were again very good. The steak on flights starting the in the US is always better than on those starting in the UK, and it was served on a very hot plate. The salad was excellent. FA asked if I wanted to be woken for breakfast. Although I didn’t I was awake when breakfast came round and it was surprisingly good. I’d previously flown Business Class on the US Airways A330. The 777-300 seat is similar but improved. There is no gap between the seat and the wall, where things can be lost on the A330. There is a vanity mirror in the storage cupboard. The TV screens are larger (15”). The seats have more adjustable positions. However, there is no storage under the footrest. A nice lightweight duvet and large fluffy pillow added to the comfort. The seats are a bit hard when sitting fully upright or fully flat for any length of time, but are very comfortable when reclined. Sleeping on the way back, the plane was very warm and I slept on top of the duvet which was very comfortable indeed. The washrooms on this plane are very nice, particularly the one on the starboard size which is double sized. The equipment makes this Boeing 777-300 the best business class across the Atlantic, and the service was up to par. The downside of this plane is that all the seats are very private, and if you are travelling with a companion then even in the middle pair you can’t really see or talk to each other. If you want to socialise with a travelling companion, you may not like this plane. IFE was fair, not a lot of new films but enough newish and classics to keep me happy. I've marked down ground service because of a problem at LHR. I am gay and was travelling with my partner. The check in operative at tried to make us check in separately. When I asked if married couples had to check in separately she said no. I explained that my travelling companion was my Civil Partner, and that we had the same legal rights as a married couple. She was embarrassed and apologetic, but making assumptions about peoples sexuality is inappropriate. Business class check in and fast track security at LHR are excellent.
RouteLHR to JFK
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Service was friendly"

New York JFK to Miami was on a refurbished American Airlines Boeing 767 with international business class flat bed seating. The seating is not as good as on the 777-300, but it’s a big improvement on the angled seating on the 777-200, and for a short domestic flight it is exceptional. The 1-2-1 configuration means every seat is accessible from an aisle, and the centre pairs are good for couples travelling together. All seats are forward facing. Service was friendly and rather informal. The food was good – the steak was better than on the flight over from London. IFE is only provided when these planes are flying internationally, and is provided by Samsung tablets in business class. Having flown into JFK in International Business Class, we had access to the Admiral's Club Lounge. These lounges are poor compared to British Airways. We got vouchers for two premium drinks each, but you have to wait to be served by a lone overstaffed barman, and the choice of food is poor.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJFK to MIA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"It was horrible"

I hope it was the last time with American Airlines! I had to fly both ways to Philadelphia and back to Germany with American although on my flight list it said I would fly with Iberia and British Airways. Maybe I had really bad luck but on both flights there were mayor problems concerning delay. Before the first flight we were told, the aircraft is going to stop halfway to refuel so we would have a delay of several hours (they couldn't really tell us how much exactly). Having advised my transport ability from the airport to my final destination that I wouldn't arrive at time, we were told after a good half of the flight that we are going to fly directly to Philadelphia (as initially planned) because we had less wind than expected. The second flight was worse. The plane we were going to take arrived at Philly 20 min later than planned, so everything already was a bit delayed. After sitting in this machine over 1h without departing, we had to change plane(!) which lasted another hour, so we arrived at Amsterdam with over 2 hours of delay. While changing planes in Philadelphia I heard from several passengers that this is typical for AA, that they had come to Philly with a delayed AA flight and that they would never be able to get their train (just as me!) or connecting flight (except an American Airlines flight because that one you get because of its delay again - so if you fly AA, only fly AA). If there weren't all the other critical aspects in comparison to the flights' price. On other transatlantic flights of the same duration and price with Lufthansa or KLM, a personal screen with plenty of movies to chose is standard. Just as 2 ordinary meals plus snacks and comfortable seats with room for legs. On each of these 2 American Airlines flights, I had a disgusting meal and a tiny snack, there were small screens over every 5th row you can't see well from the mayority of seats (I had the luck of having one of these) and the seat couldn't be adjusted more than 2 inches backwards, so falling asleep wasn't possible for me, also because of permanent knee-seat-contact and the absolute impossibility of stretching my legs. It was horrible - in comparison with normal airlines such as Lufthansa or KLM.
RoutePHL to AMS

"so not impressed"

Fort Myers to Portland on American Airlines. I booked tickets for my 3 year old, my husband, myself and our 1yr and a half old. When I was checking in for our flight back home it showed our seats completely scattered on the plane and when I purchased our tickets they were together. Now they tell me that they have no seats together at this time and to check with the airport. I told them to change my flight or change someone's seats cause I will not be sitting away from my child! So not impressed. Never again!
RouteRSW to PDX

"assigned standard seats"

My husband and I paid $311 extra for our seats to and from Honolulu for our dream vacation with American Airlines. These fees were so that we could sit together for the flights and for extra leg room. We never got the extra leg room on any of the 4 flights and had to argue with the counter people to even get to sit together. For example, when checking in with AA mobile app (which doesn't work well) for our flight from Honolulu to Phoenix, the app showed our assigned seats as being available for an extra fee (which we had already paid). We were then assigned standard seats (no leg room) and 6 rows apart. Finally, we got a counter agent to at least sit us together for the flight but we were told that this was a "different plane so seats were different". If this was even true, isn't it good business to take care of those that paid extra for better seats and then assign remaining standard fare seats? It appears that American charges at least double for this bait and switch. Who knows how many "extra" fees they charged for special seating and then assigned standard seats? We know for a fact that they did so on the HNL to PHX flight, as we spoke to the people occupying our originally assigned seats. The flight to Honolulu was so bad that my arm was cramped against the cabin wall resulting in numbness for most of the flight. As a result of not having room to stretch my legs for me, as a diabetic, resulted in my ankles swelling terribly on both 6 hour flights. American should be ashamed of their rude and unapologetic staff and charging fees for services that they do not deliver.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDSM to HNL via PHX

"service quite impressive"

Flew American Airlines on a 757 from JFK to Miami and returned to La Guardia on a 737, in business class. The service was quite impressive, cabin/toilets clean, seat comfortable, and food was ample with a menu choice - wine and other drinks served. Flight attendants were informal but got the work done. The entertainment system was old fashioned, with drop down screens from the ceiling, not personalized at the seat level. Overall, a quality product worth patronizing again!
RouteJFK to Miami