American Airlines

"make our flights so enjoyable"

Verified Review | Nassau to Pittsburgh via Miami. I was traveling with my 2.5 year old daughter and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. This was only her 2nd flight and I truly appreciate everything both flight attendants did to make our flights so enjoyable! Thank you again.
RouteNassau to Pittsburgh via Miami
Date FlownJuly 2017

"couldn't pay me to fly with AA again"

Verified Review | You know it's bad when American Airlines staff are complaining about how bad their employer is. I went to Greece 3 weeks ago and now coming back through Philadelphia to Los Angeles with the same issues - nothing but delays. First going the flight was delayed by 3 hours and we ultimately missed our connecting flight when I had to spend the night in Philadelphia. Now, I'm coming back to the states and right when we left the dock, the plane had to be called back because there are 15 passengers and 25 bags that needed to be picked up. Why is this airline always late or unorganized? Terrible. You couldn't pay me to fly with American Airlines again.
RoutePhiladelphia to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2017

"haven't had the best experience"

Verified Review | New York JFK to San Diego. This is the second time I travel to San Diego with American Airlines and I haven't had the best experience. Both times the plane was delayed or the people took too long to open the bridge. Last night, we departed late and got to San Diego later than expected time. I would like more for my money because this flight wasn't cheap. It didn't have a screen in back of every seat like Delta and JetBlue, they also didn't have options with snacks.
RouteNew York JFK to San Diego
Date FlownJuly 2017

"very knowledgeable and caring ticket agent"

Verified Review | My family was returning home from a wonderful vacation that included a Cruise. We arrived at Ontario, CA airport 09.30 pm for a flight departing at 11.59 pm. Upon arrival my sister dropped me off at the terminal with our luggage and proceeded to return rental car. The American Skycap helped me get the luggage inside when I started to tip him, I discovered my wallet and phone were missing. Firstly the skycap called my sister continuously with no reply (kudos to him). I was panicked as you may imagine, my next contact was a very knowledgeable and caring ticket agent. She picked up her phone and tried to reach Hertz who did not answer her many phone calls on my behalf, then called airport police. Officer also attempted to contact Hertz with no avail. Finally, my sister arrived and went back to Hertz and the car and found my wallet and phone, all was well. I want to say a huge thank you to our ticket agent who also checked us in, for everything she did. When we reached the gate the agent they knew my name and asked if I had found my wallet. Kudos to the entire Ontario, CA Int, staff and especially to our American Airlines ticket agent.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteOntario to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2017

"did not let me take my carry on with me"

Verified Review | There's always one carry on allowed to be carried to the plane. I fly with this airline a lot. Last time when I was flying back to Hartford from Dallas airport, they did not let me take my carry on with me to the plane and told me it was bigger size than usual. However I always take the same carry on to the plane and have never had any problems. They checked it in and when I entered the airplane I saw a lot of empty spaces on the overhead container and I saw carry ons that were much fatter and wider than my carry on. I had to wait 30 minutes after arrival to the airport to get my carry on back from baggage claim! It was such a waste of time when I could have easily carried it with me to the plane. I got home at 2 am that night!
RouteDallas to Hartford
Date FlownJuly 2017

"worst for being on time"

Verified Review | La Guardia to Dallas Ft Worth. American Airlines is definately the worst for being on time. I flew on Tuesday July 18, 2017 from LGA, 3 hours late at 9 am in the am. Then we boarded, then we waited for another half hour, they remembered they needed a pilot - 30 minutes after that, remembered that fuel need to be balanced. Now, 2 days later, 2.5 hours late again. The stewardess just announced after sitting inside the plane for the past hour "there are some funny points to this flight". How is wasting people's time for the past two days by over six hours funny? Then give you 1 package of cookies.
RouteLa Guardia to Dallas Ft Worth

"Such a disappointment"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Boston to Chicago. Such a disappointment. Customer service was rough if you fly business or economy no one cares no matter how much money you spend on the ticket. Front desk are cold and lazy. Cant get into the lounge even if you are flying business - they only let members into the lounge what's up with that? People paying for the cheap seats get in but those spending the extra dollar are refused.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBoston to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2017

"customer service was outstanding"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Dallas Ft Worth. On our trip, we were delayed due to weather. We were very pleased with how American Airlines' customer service took care of us. They re-routed us while we were on the delayed flight because they knew we wouldn't catch our next flight. They contacted us immediately to give us our new flights. When we arrived in Dallas, our bags did not make it. They contacted us the minute we exited the plane to let us know they would be delivered so we didn't have to wait in baggage claim. Their customer service was outstanding.
RoutePhiladelphia to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownJuly 2017

"blankets only for first class"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Tampa via Charlotte. I asked for a blanket to the flight attendant, she said "blankets are only for first class". I could see many blankets store on the top compartments of the plane that no one was using. Does that make sense? When did we lose our humanity? Everyone should have the right to have a blanket, specially if there are many not being used.
RouteMinneapolis to Tampa via Charlotte

"immediately assisted me"

Verified Review | I was headed from Chicago to Dallas Fort Worth with an 80 year old friend to attend her grandson's wedding. Upon arrival I dropped my friend off at the curb of the airport while I parked my vehicle. An American Airline employee saw me and immediately assisted me. Even though he was not yet on duty he still jumped in and helped me from start to finish. The flight was smooth and I cannot thank George and American Airlines enough for their wonder service!
RouteOhare to Dallas Ft Worth