Vote Now

American Airlines

"kindness and helpfulness"

Verified Review | Greenville to Dallas Fort Worth. I just wanted to give a positive review to the lady who checked my bags. I'm not usually a fan of American Airlines, but her kindness and helpfulness was definitely the highlight of my day. She was able to check my bags when there was an error, and she was very friendly. I wish I could run into more friendly and helpful people like her.
RouteGreenville to Dallas Fort Worth
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I would be refunded nothing"

Verified Review | Charlotte to Kansas City. American Airlines has typically been a pretty decent choice for me, I've used them a number of times in the last several years. Despite this I had never been made aware of their cancellation policies. My friends and I had a trip planned this May (2017) and as things go we had to change the plan. When I called to have my tickets cancelled, I was made aware I would be refunded nothing, despite booking and cancelling the flights almost 3 months in advance. Thus I spent over 300 dollars for literally nothing. This is outrageous and unethical, and American Airlines must advertise themselves more faithfully. In the future I'm going to be far more wary of AA than I have been so that I'm not burned like this again. Cannot fully recommend them anymore until their booking policies are rendered more appropriately.
RouteCharlotte to Kansas City
Date FlownNovember 2016

"akin to a low cost carrier"

Verified Review | Dallas to New York. The internal leg of a trip from Sydney to New York via Dallas. A typical grade of airline for mid haul domestic internal flights. On time departure and arrival. No IFE, a bag of pretzels and apple juice. You could buy off the menu. Fortunately slept most of the way having come off the Sydney Dallas Qantas flight. American Airlines was at best very average and more akin to a low cost carrier but it gets you there.
RouteDallas to New York

"great experience overall"

Verified Review | New York to Los Angeles connecting onto Qantas flight to Sydney. When American Airlines get it right then they do get it right bar one thing. The A321 is a superb aircraft. Economy class seating was comfortable, IFE great and the FA's were very friendly. On time. The problem - AA offer you pretzels and as much free water and juice as you want. Otherwise everything is paid for. Now on a JFK-LAX flight around 5 hours that is strange. A small gripe and next time I will bring onboard my own food. Otherwise a great experience overall.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles

"incompetent and apathetic"

Unverified | Eagle County to New York JFK. Flight 1163 scheduled departure 21 February at 9am. In airport overnight. Ready for takeoff and detected defect in an anti skid device. Despite availability of three major airports within 1 hr, we had to wait for a part to be sent from LAX. Incomplete part arrived at 1pm. Flight plan changed to 8:45 pm on a return on a flight pending from JFK to EGE. Notices in airport and by American Airlines APP notice continuously inconsistent resulting in inability to select an option. Of course we had plans for next two days destroyed. Systems and management completely incompetent and apathetic. One wonders why a checkout and debriefing are not done when plane arrives rather that just before takeoff. Ignorance is bliss. This type of management is not exemplary.
RouteEagle County to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I can say is it's hit or miss"

Verified Review | Punta Cana to Sacramento. At first I was going to give a really bad review because our flight from Sacramento to Miami had the absolute worst service ever, the flight attendants were rude, ignored you etc. But we are returning from Punta Cana with a layover in Charlotte and that was such good service. Everyone was nice and made sure you enjoyed your flight. So all I can say is it's hit or miss - they aren't all bad. I wish I knew the names of the flight attendants but if your flying from Punta Cana and stop in Charlotte they have excellent service. So I will give them a 5/10
RoutePunta Cana to Sacramento
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"zero flexibility, highly disappointed"

Verified Review | Unreliable. I was scheduled to fly from Tuscon, AZ with a final destination to Fairbanks, AK. Due to several fight delays, I missed every single one of my connecting flights putting me into my final destination the following day. I explained to the counter and customer service reps that I was active duty, and needed to arrive the same day. There was nothing AA could do. Now I'm flying out on a delayed flight to sit another 3 hrs in an airport that still won't allow me to make my connecting flight to Fairbanks, AK. American Airlines has zero flexibility. Highly disappointed, will be flying Delta for those tight schedules from now on.
RouteTucson to Phoenix
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Don't fly with these guys"

Verified Review | Denver to London via Chicago. Third long haul and third massive delay on the return. American Airlines is not only budget but also can't ever seem to run on time or manage decent connection. Thank you again for wasting yet another day of mine. Little apology, little solutions and just another disaster. Don't fly with these guys.
RouteDenver to London via Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"do not care about their customers"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Cancun. I had booked a flight with American Airlines and the flight ended being changed to later times. I was on my way to my honeymoon with my wife and we had previously reserved seats for them to be together. After realizing that these time changes were huge inconviences their customer service refused to allow for us to schedule our seats together and insisted we needed to pay a 100$ fee in order to get two seats together. Due to the change, the fact that there were already seats scheduled to be together on the previous flight, and the fact that we were taking their airline to Dublin, Ireland once we got back and they still did not budge proves that they do not care about their customers. For those who are not flying on their business credit card sure seem to be worthless in their corporate eyes. I could not be more disappointed with their customer service department or lack of its existence. This experience has definitely led me to start doing more research on airlines that I travel on. I will not being using this airline in the future due to their lack of empathy for others traveling situations with no care for the customers' concerns in mind.
RoutePhiladelphia to Cancun
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cabin-crew well-trained and cordial"

Verified Review | Flew from New York-JFK to Charlotte with American Airlines. The check-in staff at JFK was friendly and helpful with my overweight baggage. I was even able to check-in my cabin baggage for free at the gate, which made my journey easier and more comfortable. Although the aircraft was spacious, it was slightly old and not in a very good condition. You have a variety of sodas and coffee or tea to choose from for your complimentary drinks which comes with a packet of pretzels. There is no complimentary wi-fi on board, which is disappointing after travelling on airlines like JetBlue. The cabin-crew was well-trained and cordial during the flight. AA staff at JFK was great and managed to get this flight to Charlotte on time.
RouteNew York JFK to Charlotte