Best Cabin Crew

American Airlines

"a pleasant experience"

London to Miami and back on American Airlines was a pleasant experience. Very spacious full-flat seat, good entertainment system with plenty of options, a large high resolution screen and excellent headphones. Even the quality and quantity of the food was as good as on European airlines. Friendly crew, lacking a bit in sophistication. On the return flight, we waited on the tarmac for a full hour before we could disembark which caused a missed connection for me, but the airline cannot be blamed for that. The price was much lower than Lufthansa and the product was at least as good so I would fly American again.
RouteLHR to MIA
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"never fly with them again"

Memphis to Charlotte with American Airlines. The scanners were broken leaving them to enter each seat in manually. The crew was rude one even ran onto the plane to pull someone off because he miswrote the seat into the computer. The plane from Memphis to Charlotte was 40 minutes late and went to the wrong gate, giving myself and other passengers 15 minutes to get off the plane and run across the airport to the opposite side, only to miss my flight. Though the plane was still there, since it was less than 10 minutes, the doors were shut and that was that. The attendants at the gate were rude and cut me off midsentence. I will never fly with them again.
RouteMEM to CLT

"service is atrocious"

Dallas to Barcelona via Miami. I wonder how many times American Airlines are told that they are literally the worst airline? The service is atrocious and they simply don't care. I'm writing this as we sit on the tarmac because of a lavatory failure. My entertainment system has been rebooted several times and I was simply told "Oh well" by the flight attendant. Just a blank stare like it is my fault. Save yourself the grief.
RouteDFW to BCN via MIA
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"not forget anytime soon"

Washington to San José. I made a mistake booking my AA Ticket online. Luckily the DOT requires airlines to allow you to make changes (with no fee) for up to 24 hours after booking a flight. I realized my mistake and called a mere 10 minutes after my original booking and informed the airline of the mistake and asked to change to the correct flight. The correct flight was the same price so it was a simple change. All went well and they agreed to change it no problems. (I thought) the correct flight was booked, and all was well. As I prepared for my trip, I realized my itinerary on aa.com was still the original flight. I call AA and they informed me that although they can see I called in, they have no record of the change. I explained that the reason I called (obviously) was to correct the itinerary, but they must not have done so. Despite the fact that they could see I called - they still wouldn't change my flight without the $200 change fee, since the operator apparently didn't annotate in the notes why I called, or change the flight correctly. Since all I have is a call log, and not a recording of the call, not sure how I would prove it. I'm not upset they made a mistake fixing my mistake (I made a mistake too after all) - what upsets me is that they are so insistent on charging that $200 change fee - even after I can show them that the itinerary should've been fixed when I called them the first time! Not an experience I'll forget anytime soon.
RouteIAD to SJC
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"not liable for missed flight"

East Texas to Myrtle Beach. Flight was delayed. We had 10 minutes to get to our next connection. The agent told us our flight had already left. My traveling companion had to work the next day at 8. The next available flight was the next day at 130p. American's next and final option was to offer a hotel at a distress rate. They did not solve our problem. I had to rent a car and drive myself to my final destination in order to be on time. Submitted a complaint on aa.com. Got an automated response stating they were not liable for my missed flight or the delay. A refund for the flight may be available in 4 to 6 weeks, but not for the rental car. This airline should not offer connections that are not possible to make. It was impossible for me to travel through two terminals in 10 minutes to catch my flight. Their representative showed no empathy and was acting like I was the reason my connection was missed. Someone really needs to investigate how often passengers miss flights and have to rent a car to reach their destination due to American Airlines insubordination.
RouteGGG to MYR

"service was quite good"

I've flown dozens of domestic flights with American Airlines, and generally find the experience to be somewhere between tolerable and very good. This route, the service was quite good. I had the same crew on both the AUS-DFW and DFW-ORD legs, and they were quite pleasant and even recognized that I was on both of their flights. Despite the very short duration of the Austin to Dallas flight, they attempted to serve everyone onboard the drink of their choice (not just water), which was quite impressive. I appreciated the effort and polite service of the crew. My only criticism was the plane - American Airlines MD80's are very old, and it shows. No power outlets, out of date looking fixtures, etc. I was a bit surprised they would choose to use this plane on the relatively lengthy DFW-ORD flight.
AircraftMD80
RouteAUS to ORD via DFW

"good basic service"

Chicago to London with American Airlines. Comfortable flight on a refurbished Boeing 767. No in-seat video is provided but there are control boxes on the floor. Food and wine were fine. Crew were good and interacted with passengers during the flight. Overall, good basic service that gets you from A to B.
RouteORD to LHR
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"never get a dime from me again"

Las Vegas to Dallas. Mechanical problems are a given in the airline business however it's up to the airline to make up the difference. We missed our connecting flight and then waited for 1.5 hours for the hotel to send a shuttle. The airline had two hours to figure out who would be missing what flight and to coordinate effectively with the hotel for a seamless transition. Instead we waited in the cold and ended up at a hotel that was 20 mins away from the hotel, one that only had a shuttle once an hour and we almost missed the kitchen due to their laziness and poor planning. If it's ever in my power American Airlines will never get a dime from me again.
RouteLAS to DFW

"no flat beds available"

Montevideo to London via Boston. Check-in MVD with no troubles, informed bag need to be collected with clearing custom in MIA. Boarding the flight 2A comes to my attention there is customer occupying the seat however due to aircraft change seat 2A was free. Due to that change other customer was yelling at me to change seat. Later during flight when crew gave custom form I wasn't too advanced in Spanish so decided to go to front galley and ask cabin crew to provide me with English custom card - that was mistake as five crew members laugh at me saying "you don't speak Spanish". Diverted from MIA to TPA due to weather (sure this happened, I managed to have a little snooze being on the ground 4h-5h with not much information). Tried to change my flight over the phone to attend my meeting in BOS however no chance to arrange it. After long morning and early afternoon having already few changes on my ticket I was sent to MIA by the same flight and arrived over 10hrs late. Crew on TPA-MIA flight was very good and that was only great team I witnessed during five flights on my trip. No one was able to assist me with changes for next day and I was offered another change and fly MIA to LHR. Being so exhausted with so little informations and if there were any confusing so badly I accept the change. When I boarded B777 some customers were approaching cabin crew asking about aircraft change and no flat beds available - crew denied any changes. When I contacted customer service to find some explanations and gave feedback from my experience I couldn't be any more disappointed from response.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757 / 777
RouteMVD to LHR via BOS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"not be flying again"

Charlotte to Los Angeles with American Airlines. I have flown on a lot of airlines, today's was the worst. Dismal customer service, rude counter workers and flight attendants, service boasted of wifi, television screens with 250 movies on the seat as well as USB chargers for the seats, none of which were available on a 5.5 hour flight. Boarding process was painful. Plane was dirty and some seats were worn out and had tears in them. Will not be flying with American Airlines again. Plane tickets are way too expensive for such substandard value.
RouteCLT to LAX