Top 100 Airlines

Amaszonas

"avoid at all cost"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Booked two trips with Amazonas from La Paz to Uyuni and La Paz to Cusco. All tickets were purchased from their website directly and eticket received with email 2 months before trip. 2 days before trip commenced, I tried to complete "web check in" but system refused. So I sent an email to check for reason. It turned out both flights were cancelled. We were "moved" to a flight on the next day! Amazonas provided no notification or information about the cancellation no until I contacted them. I asked for the reason of the "no notification" and they did not answer my question at all. In short, these small South American airlines cancel or reschedule frequently and at their own will without any notification to passengers. Avoid at all cost!
AircraftCRJ2
RouteLPB to CUZ
Date FlownMay 2016

"should not be called an airline"

Amaszonas should not be called an airline. Booked a very expensive early morning flight from La Paz to Rurrenabaque. Arrived at the airport 90 minutes early to be told the flight had been changed to 2pm (7 hours later) and that we'd received an email about it. We received the email 2 hours later. Our flight then got changed to 4.40pm then 5.20pm. At 4.20pm we went to the gate just in case and it was empty, no staff, no passengers. Sat down then returned to the gate when a member of staff appeared and were told the flight had already left. Went back to the Amaszonas desk and the incredibly rude staff told us that yes the flight had left but couldn't give us a time of when it left, when it boarded or any details at all. Absolutely shocking, do not give this company any money. Staff need serious customer service training and operations staff need to know how to run a plane timetable.
RouteLPB to RBQ
Date FlownMarch 2016

"Amaszonas is a disgrace"

(Hong Kong)

Amaszonas is a disgrace. This is an airline operating in monopoly and they do what they want. We paid US$300 from La Paz to Uyuni and less than 24 hrs before departure they cancelled our flight without giving us any reason (neither by email nor by telephone). We were rescheduled on another flight. US$300 for a 40 mins flight and they cancel it because the flight is not full. Our entire schedule in Uyuni completely screwed up.
RouteLa Paz to Uyuni
Date FlownDecember 2015

Amaszonas customer review

Flew La Paz to Uyuni and return. Check-in was easy and outbound flight was on time. No bag fees or seat selection fees. Limited snack service on the plane - choice of coffee, juice, water or soda but adequate for a 45 minute flight. No IFE but with the Andes on one side and lakes and salt flats on the other it wasn't really needed. Seat pitch was surprisingly good - not sure of the measurement but I had a few inches clearance for my knees (I am 6' tall) which is better than economy class on most of the legacy carriers. Return flight delayed by about 30 minutes but not a major problem. Had to change our return flight and the fee was about US$4.00 so I can't complain about that. The only odd thing was the baggage handling at Uyuni. The ground crew unloaded the bags onto a cart but kept it there while they then loaded the outbound flight. After the cart was bought to the bag claim, we were not allowed in until all the bags were place in the claim area. Sort of an odd arrangement and not sure if that is on the airline or the airport ground crew. All in all a reasonable flight experience. Recommended.
AircraftCRJ-200