Allegiant Air

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

My flight was scheduled to depart at 7.30 am. Now it's 2.15 pm and we're still waiting for the plane, they changed planes because the original had mechanical problems that they didn't realize until after we boarded. The funny thing about all of this is that I took the same flight last fall and was delayed 6 hours because they diverted our flight to a charter. They only reason why I booked a trip with them again is because they gave me travel vouchers. It was not worth it. If you read this, don't book a flight with them or if you do, expect a high probability of delays.
Aircraft757
RouteLas Vegas, NV to Austin, TX

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

The boarding was delayed by 40 min followed by sitting in the aircraft for almost 2 hours. I booked this flight as I wanted to reach NY early for the July long weekend but by the time the floght started, it was already the time I should have landed. Please don't book by being fooled into the cheaper fares, it is not worth it.
RouteTampa to Stewart

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

I hear all sorts of complaints with Allegiant Air online and my personal experiences with this airline have all be very positive. Besides getting the best fare, I only end up paying for what I want. All employees I've had contact with have been pleasant, helpful and courteous. No, you don't get a free bag, a free carry-on, a free soda or any other complimentary items. If you want them you pay for it. I'd always been a fan of Southwest, due to their renegade ways in bringing down the cost of flights, but Allegiant has beaten them at their own game. While I'd be willing to put up with some issue for the sort of savings I get from this carrier, but as of this date, I have no complaints with Allegiant Air.
AircraftMD-80
RouteOrlando, FL to Rockford, IL

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

They have great prices , but once you book, you'll find a charge for selecting any seat on the airplane, having any type of baggage with you, and printing your boarding pass at the airport. If you want to actually take advantage of that 75 dollar flight, you must travel in a swim suit with your mobile boarding pass on your smart phone. Why did I continue to fly this airline? Because for a while, it was the only airline that I can find that went to my destination. But it began with 2 hour delays on the flight (they seem to only fly one plane in one route all day so if the first plane is behind, the entire day is lost). Don't expect anyone to be at the counter if you arrived 2 hours before your flight is supposed to leave. You must show up 2 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave because one of their favorite pastimes is making you wait on them. Once you actually board the plane (4 hours later) it's not so bad. The flight attendants are pretty nice.
RouteOrlando to Lexington

Review by (United States) 30th June 2015

Customer "service" is the worst. Despite purchasing Allegiant's flight insurance, one must call the airline to make any changes. Wait to speak with a human is routinely over one hour. This low budget airline needs to spend just a few dollars to provide even a minimal level of service. Some ground service personnel are clueless and unprofessional.
RouteDSM to PGD

Review by (United States) 30th June 2015

We fly Allegiant often. Typically no problems. No frills, which is fine by me. The only issue with Allegiant is with calling customer service. The last time I was on hold for 45 minutes and gave up. Today, I have been on hold for an hour and 15 minutes and counting. I know they want everything self-service on the web. Sometimes getting help from a rep is required - today is one of those days.
AircraftMD-80
RouteLEX to PNG

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

The attendants at both airports and on the airplanes were nice and helpful. Very smooth flights on time both ways but we had an issue when my husband booked the flights and had to wait on the phone for around 3 hours before being able to talk to someone to resolve our issue. This is ridiculous. There were 3 of us and because of no customer service on the phone we will probably not fly with Allegiant again - too bad everything else was good.
RouteAsheville to St Petersburg

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

Stranded 2 families in Sanford. Had to rent cars to get to Clearwater and fly to Harrisburg and rent cars to ABE. Cost of car rentals inflated because a whole flight was cancelled. These were not cheap tickets at $400 per person.
RouteSanford to Abe

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

We were delayed four hours on our flight out of Northwest Arkansas for mechanical issues. On our return flight, we were told we would be delayed for 30 minutes because our flight attendants hadn't made it from California. About an hour later, we were told there was going to be another delay due to the cabin temperature being 100 degrees. They were needing to try to cool it down. It was so hot when we finally boarded, and it was about 35 minutes on the tarmac. We then are excited to finally land at XNA, and they tell us they are very sorry another plane is at the unloading bridge. It will be a few more minutes. Ten minutes later, they tell us there is another plane in front of us, and it will be another hour sitting on the plane as it quickly starts heating up again.
RouteXNA to Las Vegas

Review by (United States) 28th June 2015

Today is 6/28/15. My flight was to leave at 1:30pm. At 12:50 I got a courtesy notification that my flight is delayed and would now leave at 6pm. It also said flight time is not certain. Now I can't reach their call center. And it may take more than 1 hour to get an agent to pick your call. So I booked my entire round trip from another reliable brand to fly out today. It sure is a very costly lesson to learn.
RouteHNL to LAX