Vote Now

Allegiant Air

"poor customer service"

Verified Review | Concord to New Orleans return. If you are use to flying with a reliable airline this company is not for you. Sure. The flights are cheap. If you are okay with poor customer service, uncomfortable seats, and cancellations that leave you stranded, this airline is for you. After four days in New Orleans our return flight was cancelled. We were told the flight would be rescheduled for the following day but they couldn't confirm when that would flight would depart. After speaking with a customer service representative who stated " I don't know what you want us to do" when I asked about a hotel compensation. I was thoroughly disappointed. Needless to say $316 later (out of pocket) a rental car and ten hours later. My friends and I are almost back home. Oh, and half of us have to return to work in a few hours.
RouteConcord to New Orleans

"had horrible service"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Oakland. This airline was delayed on both routes, and had horrible service. The flight out was delayed 2 hours prior to boarding, then another hour once boarded due to issues "getting the plane started". The flight back was delayed due to another delayed flight "taking our plane". We had to wait for another flight to land and send us back to our destination. Despite what appears to be a cheap ticket, it's not worth the ridiculous fees or the travel disruption.
AircraftMD-80
RouteLas Vegas to Oakland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"filled plane with too much fuel"

Verified Review | Orlando to Concord. Awful experience. Gross negligence and incompetence. Flight was delayed and rerouted to an alternate city because Allegiant filled the plane with too much fuel. Spent an hour sitting in the plane without moving. Terrible communication and rude flight attendants. There was no reimbursement nor restitution for the 2+ hour inconvenience. Recommend never flying Allegiant.
RouteOrlando to Concord
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"what an unpleasant experience"

Verified Review | Allentown to Orlando Sanford. This is my first time flying Allegiant Air. All I can say is what an unpleasant experience. First off they nickel and dime you for everything. Seats, bags, etc. I booked a hotel through them when I purchased my tickets. I then find out the hotel is over an hour away. To take a shuttle through them it would cost over $200 dollars to get to and from the hotel. Then they offer park passes to Universal Studios. So I purchased them. Well the hotel is in Disney the hotel does offer a shuttle to Universal. This was supposed to be a pleasant trip to help us cope with the anniversary of my daughter's death who passed away a year ago. I thought this would be a good thing. But now we can't even take off from Allentown because the plane has a mechanical problem and now we are delayed for hours. I should have flown with United Airlines.
RouteAllentown to Orlando Sanford
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"airline got the job done"

Verified Review | Phoenix to Oakland with Allegiant Air. This airline got the job done. Simple as that. Customer Service over the phone is terrible. I've spent a collective 3 hours trying to get in contact with a representative. Speaking with the workers of Allegiant at the airport, they even confirmed that trying to contact Customer Service over the phone was an average 45 minutes to an hour. Ridiculous. The flight attendants were great people. I would recommend this airline, but only to those who understand that it's not going to be a great experience if they run into issues and need to contact customer service.
RoutePhoenix to Oakland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"stop charging for normal seating"

Verified Review | Tampa Clearwater to Richmond. Allegiant Air should stop charging people for normal seating. Everyone, naturally, chooses the most inexpensive seats. So I'm sitting in this plane that is half empty and everyone is jammed into the back of the plane!! The entire front half of the plane is empty. You have the stewardess monitoring each persons seats. Once the flight was airborne there was a mass exodus as people were finally allowed to redistribute themselves more comfortably throughput the cabin. This is dangerous and stupid!
RouteTampa to Richmond
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flight rescheduled several times"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Oakland with Allegiant Air. Worst service. It will be my first and last to ride on this airline. Spent 6 hours at the airport, flight was rescheduled several times then cancelled at 9:30 PM and rescheduled the next day. Missing my family occasion and work. No meal ticket, no hotel voucher. Staff are not friendly even in the plane. Poor customer service and will not recommend.
RouteLAS to OAK
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not for people used to reliable airlines"

Verified Review | This is my first and last time flying with Allegiant. I booked a flight from Las Vegas to Oakland round trip. First, they hit you with hidden seat fees, bumping the cost up already by a good 12-30 dollars depending on where you want to sit. I got no updates on the 1.5 hour delays of both flights until I checked the Allegiant app. Other airlines typically notify you through email. My flight back to Vegas was cancelled outright as we were all supposed to board. No compensation and the earliest flight they could get was the next day at 5pm. Allegiant workers also informed us that since they do not partner with any airline there was nothing else they could do about the flight. No apologies. Allegiant would be ideal for people who carry no bags and who have flexible travel time, but it's definitely not for people who are used to reliable airlines.
RouteOAK to LAS

"no refund or voucher"

Verified Review | Stockton to Las Vegas. I book today at 3:23pm for a flight leaving at 4:53pm. I chose an emailed paperless boarding pass. Rules suggest 2 hours early, 45 min for check baggage and 20 min prior to boarding for carry on with boarding pass. I arrived at 4:20pm with no one at the ticket counter. People were still boarding. I was turned away due to "just an emailed itinerary " not a boarding pass' told I was too late to do it with an app. I was told I should have come 2 hours early. Why was my flight even allowed to book online if that's the case? To keep my money? Why then did the plane leave 15 min early? No refund or voucher! No answer when called on customer phone. Rediculous! Never try that again.
RouteStockton to Las Vegas

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Casper, Wyoming to Las Vegas return. Our experience with Allegiant was terrible from start to finish. Our flight was delayed in Casper for nearly 3 hours, and the "manager" (I use that term very loosely) was unaware of the delay until informed by passengers on the plane. She was extremely unprofessional, as were the other employees working the check in counter. They were talking loudly amongst themselves, eating and drinking and goofing off while there were people in line, waiting to be checked in. They could barely be bothered to even converse with the customers. After we finally made it through security, this "manager" was completely confused as to why everyone was now waiting at the gate. She was sitting in a wheelchair (one that is intended for handicap passengers, as she has no walking impediment) wheeling herself and kicking herself around the terminal in said wheelchair, all the while addressing the passengers and others in the room, making sure we were aware that she was indeed the manager and that she was completely unaware and uninformed about when the plane would arrive and what was causing the delay to begin with. It was then learned amongst the passengers in the room that this "manager" had called several of the passengers of the plane and informed them of the delay and then we had an extended wait time because those passengers hadn't arrived yet. Once on the airplane we had a horrible ascent, and descent. Once we arrived at our destination, we arrived 3 hours passed our schedule arrival time. Because of this, our car rental reservation was canceled and we were stranded in Las Vegas with no car and no cell phones. On the return flight, our flight time was moved up by 2 hours without our knowledge and we nearly missed our flight, and after rushing everyone onto the plane, we proceeded to sit on the plane and wait for them to "fix" whatever was wrong for the aircraft for the next hour, at which time we now needed more fuel prior to take off. I will never fly with Allegiant ever again. Horrible customer service.
AircraftMD-80