Allegiant Air

"Extremely poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Springfield to Destin. Extremely poor customer service. I was asked to put my bag in a slot when walking in. My bag did not fit completely in the slot so I was asked to pay $50.00. Once I sat down I slid my bag under the seat in front of me and it fitted perfect just like the passengers on both sides of me who paid zero. I sent Allegiant the pictures confirming that my bag fitted and asked for a refund, however, after 2 months of asking I receive a generic email saying that they will not refund my money. I am baffled that they will not even look at the pictures and treat me like a human being. Customer service is going down the drain and issues like this confirm it.
RouteSpringfield to Destin-Fort Walton Beach
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"cannot take off on time"

Trip Verified | Eugene to Mesa. Allegiant cannot take off on time. Their flights are delayed 2-4 hours 50% of the time because of maintenance. Their investment in new planes has not paid off. Allegiant has made over one billion dollars since inception and they cannot be on time. Very disappointing!
RouteEugene to Mesa
Date FlownNovember 2017

"definitely fly again with Allegiant"

Verified Review | Providence to Punta Gorda. Great airline, they were on time, price was right, professional and courteous. I read some reviews online I was a little apprehensive about booking but I would definitely fly again with Allegiant Air - great experience and refer all my family and friends.
RouteProvidence to Punta Gorda

"was a living nightmare"

Verified Review | I swear I wouldn't use Allegiant Air if they weren't the only airline to fly to my hometown. The trip from Las Vegas to Fresno was great. However the flight from Fresno to Las Vegas was a living nightmare. Flight was delayed (no problem, flights are always delayed), this wasn't any delay it went from 1 hour to 3 hour to 7 hour to cancelled. I sat at the airport for 10 hours without any communication and no one knowing what was happening. It was horrible. I managed to get home the next day on the first flight out. This is when I got upset, I received $350 in vouchers because what happen. I go to try and use them and only $150 work. I called the customer service (he was rude when he answered the phone) and he told me that they were all applied to my account. But I have 3 emails and all they can say is that it was an error.
RouteLas Vegas, NV to Fresno, CA
Date FlownJuly 2017

"communication is terrible"

Verified Review | Fresno to Las Vegas. The service and communication with this airline is terrible. Our flight was delayed about 6 hours, but that was not communicated to us. The pilot said everything was fine, but then we were told to get off the plane. We sat and waited for a new pilot for hours. The staff was not friendly in the least. After we had went and bought our own snacks because we were starving, they put out a few snacks for us. Not sure why it takes 3 hours to put out some sodas and pretzels. Guess that shows how organized they are! Will not fly with Allegiant ever again.
RouteFresno to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Can't even place our 4 kids together"

Verified Review | Orlando to South Bend. Worst airline. I rate them done with Spirit. Try to give them another shot and they blew it. Can't even place our 4 kids together on a trip. Employees are rude and if one tries to be helpful, the manager "corrects" their actions. This is why I fly Delta for work.
RouteOrlando to South Bend

"Horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Flew Allegiant from San Antonio to Las Vegas. The airline industry is a high reliability organization. Allegiant acted very unreliably today - how? For starters their communication with the affected passengers was very poor and they don't have a very good standard operating procedures to accommodate their customers and I don't trust them with our future travel plans. Use a different airline if you can. The flight was supposed to leave at 8.01 pm. At 7.45 they told us there was a problem with the plane. At 8.30 they told us the plane had been cleared but we couldn’t board for another 30 min. I️ went to go and find a drink and on my way back other passengers were headed my way saying the flight was delayed until 12.30. About 9.30 we looked up at the board and it now says 1.30. They didn’t even tell us. The staff were back behind the counter joking and laughing. Then they come on the intercom and say they have ordered pizza’s and it will be here in an hour. Horrible customer service. Very unreliable planes. I will never trust them with my travel plans again.
RouteSan Antonio to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2017

"acted very unreliable today"

Verified Review | Austin to Las Vegas. Flight was supposed to depart at 7:45pm, at 1:30 am the airline announces that the rescue plane is not coming and that we needed to get our luggage and head to hotel. Some immediately moved to get their luggage only to find out that they could no longer enter terminal as TSA was gone for the night. Yet the desk clerk did not say that. Thank goodness we stayed because we wanted more info on hotel and new flight plan. We then find out that our flight was rescheduled for next day at 6:29 pm so we ask about hotel and they start handing out vouchers so they give us one for Hilton Airport - my wife and I decide to purchase a flight on another carrier so I'm on my phone doing this when we find out that we now have to take a shuttle to main terminal only to find out that once there the shuttle to hotel was no longer running, by now it's almost 3am. So I decide I'm going to uber our way there. We get to Hilton only to find out that they only had 10 rooms available that were already assigned to others and the airline sent too many over to them. We call the airline and they tell us to go to Best Western so we uber here and finally get to room at 3:50 am. Now we're getting ready to try this again so please pray for us. New airline Frontier so hopefully it goes better. The airline industry is a high reliability organization. Allegiant acted very unreliable today - how? for starters their communication with the affected passengers was very poor and they don't have very good standard operating procedures to accommodate their customers and I don't trust them with our future travel plans. Use a different airline if you can.
RouteAustin to Las Vegas

"Happy with Allegiant!"

Verified Review | Price was good overall even though we pay for bags. A lot less than major carriers and it gets me from Harrisburg to Clearwater in a little over 2 hours. Major airlines have a stop in Charlotte or Atlanta and flying takes all day. This flight and one 6 months ago was on time and even early to arrive. I can sit in a small seat for 2 hours and bring my own drink or snack. Happy with Allegiant!
RouteHarrisburg to Clearwater
Date FlownNovember 2017

"little communication for the delay"

Verified Review | We flew from St. Petersburg, FL to Asheville, NC to start our honeymoon on October 29th, 2017. We were scheduled to arrive at 5.09 pm and had dinner reservations for 8.30 pm. Our flight boarded a little late and we then sat on the plane for an hour and a half with little communication for the delay, until we had been sitting in the cabin for well over an hour. A part on the plane had been identified as bad, and had to be repaired or replaced. Approaching an hour and 45 minutes we were told to deplane. We sat in the lobby and were told there was no way to tell if we were still flying our that night, as no replacement plane was available. After persistent questioning from dozens of passengers we were told they were trying to repair the plane we originally were assigned. The staff at the ticket counter claimed they had no knowledge of anything else, or any plans Allegiant had for us. Another few hours passed. We then learned that Allegiant could not fly our after 10.00 pm. Some passengers left to rent cars and drive the 9 hour trip to Asheville, where it had just started snowing. One lady was scheduled for urgent medical treatment the next morning. Approaching 9.00 pm the staff gave us $8 in food vouchers for the food court and then announced we would be boarding another airplane in about 15 minutes. The food court was rushed and the staff were overwhelmed with orders while we began boarding the plane. The flight attendants knew nothing about the airplane, read instructions from a tablet and asked the pilot if they had to announce the instructions for a water landing since we were flying over land! They had to try the light switches on the light panel as they were unfamiliar with the plane and did not know where the floatation devices were located (the seats were marked that the floatation devices were under the seats, think about the safety ramifications of that). We heard these conversations from the second row. Enroute, the attendants on the flight told us they would provide us free water and soft drinks for our inconvenience. We finally arrived in Asheville close to 11.00 pm, and missed our honeymoon dinner. We got to bed at 2.00 am. We flew back to St. Pete on November 5th on the return Allegiant trip. The flight was scheduled to leave at 8.00 am. We boarded an hour late due to another mechanical issue, this time necessitating an oil change for a generator with a temperature gauge issue. We finally took off after 10.00 am with a mechanic flying in the cockpit to monitor the situation. In talking with frequent Allegiant fliers this happens all the time. So if you want to arrive on time, choose a different airline. P.S. We lost a half day of our honeymoon and a several hundred dollar dinner. Allegiant gave us $50 each in vouchers to have the experience again!
RouteSt. Petersburg, FL to Asheville, NC