Allegiant Air

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A
Value for Money N/A

"never use this airline again"

Verified Review | Belleville to Jacksonville . Abandoned passengers in Jacksonville FL 36 hrs before any other airline canceled due to Irma. I can forgive the 'charge for everything', I dealt with the seats that don't recline, I even looked past paying for a drink of water, but abandoning passengers that are facing a hurricane is inexcusable. They canceled the flight from Jacksonville FL to St Louis 36 hours before the airport shut down. All other airlines flying out of JAX that day completed their flights out. The weather was actually beautiful that day. They had even sent the 'check in online' the previous day, so we thought we were set. By the time we got the cancellation notice (about 4 hours before our flight), there were no other flights to be booked there or at any other airport within 300 miles. Fortunately, we had not quite made it to the airport, so we kept our rental car and drove all the way back to St Louis, through all the other evacuee traffic. Spent a total of 22 hrs in the car. We made it just fine, in spite of the add'l $500 in rental car fees, $200 in hotel charges, meal expenses, fuel, etc. What really is upsetting is the 'what if' questions. If the storm had been 12 or even 24 hours away, I would understand better, but Irma did not hit that area until Sunday night. Our flight was due to leave around 1pm on Friday. I cannot verify this, but it may be Allegiant did not want to pay to send an empty plane down to JAX to pick us up. The message we received claimed they canceled the flight due to passenger safety. JAX airport did not close until 7pm Sat night, according to the airport website. We will never use this airline again. I don't care how cheap their flights are.
RouteBelleville to Jacksonville
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not recommend them to anyone"

Verified Review | I was supposed to fly Allegiant home from Fort Lauderdale to Columbus yesterday. I was on a cruise that returned to Miami on Thursday with limited wi-fi. On Wednesday, I was made aware that my flight had been canceled due to the storm coming in. I tried to get on an earlier flight (Thursday instead of Friday) to Cincinnati but that was also cancelled. Allegiant prematurely cancelled several flights, leaving thousands of customers in harms way. I was lucky to be able to get on a last-minute flight through Delta who was bringing in extra planes instead of cancelling flights to help get people out of the dangerous area. This was my first experience with Allegiant and as a result, I would not recommend them to anyone. Have piece of mind and book Delta or another reputable airline, even if it costs you more.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Columbus
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"it's all about hidden fees"

Verified Review | Springfield, MO to Orlando FL with Allegiant Air. If you had a disability or need to transport a medical device you will be charged at the gate for this. In my case I had a very small compact CPAP machine and a very small back backpack as my personal item. I was charged $50 by the gate agent in Springfield MO, for and additional carry on for the medical device. They don't care about the ADA, nor do they care about pleasing the customer, it's all about hidden fees and extra charges applied toward the customer. I wrote him to Allegiant customer service and got a camned answer a month later, saying they were not going to do anything about it.
AircraftMD-88
RouteSpringfield to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the cabin crew allowed us to sit together"

Verified Review | Flew Orlando to Youngstown. On a plane that was only 3/4 full Allegiant Air decides to seat my wife in the front of the plane and me in the rear. Why? So they can charge additional fees for seat selection. $9-$23 per person. That's $18 to $46 if my wife and I wanted to sit together on a flight I book for us both at the same time on the same credit card. You just can't justify that. We refused to pay the counter girl who had no empathy. Thankfully the cabin crew allowed us to sit together in one of the many empty groups of seats. I won't ever consider this nickel and dime airline again. Even if the flight was advertised as free. By the time your finished with their nickel and dime tricks you could have flown on a real airline.
RouteOrlando to Youngstown
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Allegiant Air tops it for the worst"

Verified Review | I thought Frontier was bad but Allegiant Air tops it for the worst. Flew Cincinnati to Denver. $100 carry-on fee. Absolutely terrible. I feel sorry for the people that have to work for this airline, it is the bottom of the barrel. Once is enough to realize it's worth the extra $20 to fly a real airline.
RouteCincinnati to Denver
Date FlownAugust 2017

"completely different experiences "

Verified Review | Fort Wayne to St. Petersburg. I had completely different experiences at the airports. Fort Wayne had amazing staff and were very accommodating! Once I got PIE it was a completely terrible experience! Fort Wayne has great staff and the manager there was exceptional! St. Petersburg could really learn customer service skills! My ratings are only applied to Fort Wayne.
RouteFort Wayne to St. Petersburg

"My vacation was ruined"

Verified Review | Cincinnati to Las Vegas. Worst experience of traveling I have had! First the plane supposedly had to be downgraded so everyone's seats were wrong and my husband's extra leg room was not available. Then they lost our luggage for the entire trip apparently couldn't find it when I spoke with them on 8/18 and 8/20 (since we got an email that we also had a downgrade for our flight back) and then when I got to the airport they wouldn't let us board until they got a certain amount of volunteers to fly out the next day So we were late to take off. Then I stopped at the baggage area when we finally landed in Ohio again to check on our luggage and found out that they logged our baggage as found in Denver on 8/18 and no attempt was made to contact us at all. We wasted $200 on clothes and supplies in vegas that shouldn't have been. I still haven't gotten refunded for my leg space seats or luggage checked fees for both travel there and back or any communication about when I will be getting it. Instead I get requests for reviews and deals for our next flight. I will never fly this airline again. They don't even have a scanning system for their bags checked. You get what you paid for when buying a cheap flight through an airline with nobody knowing who they are but lesson learned. Do not fly them ever! Save the stress. My vacation was ruined and so stressful
RouteCincinnati to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2017

"expect delays with Allegiant Air"

Verified Review | This is the 3rd time in 12 weeks I've have flown with Allegiant. One flight cancelled and two delayed for four hours or greater. The first time being 6 hours with a child in tow and the second time being 4 hours. To compensate our first flight they gave us each a 50 dollar voucher (hardly compares to the 6 hour wait time). The second flight there has been no compensation! Allegiant is known to be delayed 30 minutes but my past two experiences has combined for a total of 10 hours in delays. I don't fly to be delayed, I fly to get to my destination on time. Allegiant has proven this is not a priority to them when they do not even explain to their passengers why we are delayed. Two 50 dollar vouchers for two poor flight experiences is hardly worth it. Either fly someone else or expect delays with Allegiant Air. There is a reason the prices are so low.
AircraftMD80
RoutePasco WA to Las Vegas NV
Date FlownAugust 2017

"expect delays with Allegiant"

Verified Review | Sanford to Louisville. This is the 2nd time my wife and I have flown with Allegiant in the past month. Both times our flight has been delayed for a few hours. The first time being 6 hours and the second time being 2 hours. Both times we were on the plane/boarding and we were told to get off without any explanation. To compensate our first flight they gave us each a 50 dollar voucher (hardly compares to the 6 hour wait time). The second flight there has been no compensation! Allegiant is known to be delayed 30 minutes but my past two experiences has combined for a total of 8 hours in delays. I dont fly to be delayed, I fly to get to my drstination on time. Allegiant has proved this is not a priority to them when they do not even explain to their passengers why we are delayed. Two 50 dollar vouchers for two poor flight experiences is hardly worth it. Either fly someone else or expect delays with Allegiant Air. There is a reason the prices are so low.
RouteSanford to Louisville

"Overall great experience"

Verified Review | Harrisburg to Orlando Sanford. Could not have been more happy with the experience from use of app for boarding, to the airport and then the plane. It was my son's first flight and he couldn't have had a better time. Yes, you have to pay extra for baggage and seat selection (as you do with most airlines now), but with the low airfares, it is still cheaper! The staff and pilots were extraordinary. The A320 we flew home in was practically brand new (they are moving towards an all Air Bus fleet). Flights were on time, no delays - arrived at destinations early. Also rented car through Allegiant and all I needed was the app on my phone to pick up. Overall great experience and will fly Allegiant again.
AircraftMD-80 / A320