Allegiant Air

Review by (United States) 1st August 2015

It is now very obvious why Allegiant's pricing is so economical. I guess as with everything else in life you get what you pay for. Apparently they do not know how to schedule their pilots efficiently and therefore have to cancel flights when they don't have a pilot for the flight that you paid for. To make matters worse, they cannot tell you when your flight will be. So now we are stranded in Raleigh, North Carolina waiting for either a phone call or text message to let us know when our flight will be. They refused to offer any assistance for hotels for the night and say they do not do that despite the fact that this is an Allegiant problem, not mine. They have been less than helpful and offered little to no assistance or information as to when and how I will be getting home from my vacation. So we will continue to sit and wait on Allegiant to figure out what they're going to do to get us home and until then we're stranded in Raleigh.

Review by (United States) 1st August 2015

Flight and rental car were both booked through Allegiant. The flight from Cincinnati was delayed due to someone inadvertently deploying an emergency shoot. It took over 6 hours to get the plane fixed with no options for alternative flights. The pilot gave out erroneous information about the situation during the delay. We were assured once we got to our destination that the rental car agency would be monitoring the flight and someone would be available to assist. Upon arrival no one was at the counter and the security guard said no one was ever available off hours no matter what the airline or rental car agency (Alamo) said. No Allegiant representatives were available or could be reached by phone. I tried Allegiant in an attempt to save a little money but by the time they add a fee for practically everything you end up paying the same price as other major airline for worse service and horribly uncomfortable seats.
RouteCincinnati to Phoenix

Review by (United States) 1st August 2015

While waiting on the plane to land and to head off to Phoenix. It was an hour past the time it was supposed to land, so my wife asked the lady at the desk for an update as nothing was announced over the loud speaker. The lady was rude and unprofessional and answered in a rather rude manner. Then finally about 1.5hrs they announce something is wrong with the plane and it may be 2 hrs or so. So everyone waited patiently for about 2 hrs, then all of a sudden here comes that loud voice again and it said we don't have the part to fix it. There's no need to worry, But of course We are the ones that have been waiting for 3-4 hrs. Then they say a plane will be flying in from Florida to fix the plane in Ohio and it will be 2hrs till the plane arrives before they even attempt to fix the plane I will be riding. Keep in mind it's around the 5 hr mark now. Then they say if you want to give us your luggage we can return it to you, or if you stay we will have pizza! Really pizza? I did not sign up for a slumber party with strangers. Then to make things better the airport (not Allegiant) handed out cots so we're all camped out in the terminal. They didn't even offer any food vouchers or anything to make up for lost time.
RouteCincinnati to Phoenix

Review by (United States) 31st July 2015

You book your flight and when you pick your seat you pay extra. They charge for a carry on and if you haven't prepaid for them it's $50 when you board. A check in line that wrapped around the building, the staff member greeting passengers on boarding looked straight over everyone and never said one word. The cabin was dirty and the seat next to me was ripped. The seats do not recline t back and are upright and very uncomfortable. We ordered a coke, water, M&M's, two cookies and crackers for a total of $12.
RouteClearwater St Pete FL to Syracuse NY

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

I didn't check in luggage and just took a carry on. The flight left a few minutes late due to typical afternoon storms in Florida. We made up the time in the air and arrived on time in Huntington. The flight crew were friendly, seats were comfortable, I picked the emergency row for more leg room, at little to no extra cost than other seats. On the way back, we arrived ahead of schedule. I thought the value was great. You do get nickel and dimed for little things, so bring your own snacks and water.
RouteSanford to Huntington

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

I booked my daughter on return flight 638 from Sanford to Concord for Saturday evening. We were on our way out of the door to the Airport when we received a text saying the flight was canceled. No explanation, no information about rescheduling. I called the customer service line and waited for 1 hour and 47 minutes before someone picked up the phone. They told me the flight would not be rescheduled and we would have to catch the Wednesday flight 4 days later! Not an option for us, put my daughter and granddaughter in car and made an 1100 mile road trip. I wish I would have read other reviews before making this huge mistake.
RouteSanforn/Orlando to Concord

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

My family flew to Fort Lauderdale and back to Concord on separate flights. My first flight left on time but my sister's flight was scheduled to leave at 9am did not leave until 3.45 pm. On return flight my plane was scheduled to take off at 6 pm, we finally got on the plane after 7 pm and didn't take off until 8.30pm. My sister's return flight was scheduled to take off at 1 pm and didn't take off until 3.30. The customer service is the worst I have experienced. I needed to change a reservation (hotel room) and waited over an hour and a half for a someone to pick up the phone. Altogether I was on the phone for 2 hours and 24 minutes to change one hotel room.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Concord

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

My family and I have flown with Allegiant Air at least two or three times a year from Cincinnati to Orlando/Sandford (back and forth) for several years now. Until Friday July 24 2015, our complaints have been minimal and at most had delayed departures because the planes weren't there yet! However, as of Friday July 24 2015, my family and I will no longer be flying Allegiant. We had an early flight out (6.45am), had checked in the night before, and arrived at 6.00am to depart as the airport is so small, it never takes more than 10 minutes to check in and get to gate. We couldn't find any signage indicating where to check bags through for Cincinnati and simply got in a line curbside because I had five days earlier experienced the same thing when dropping my son off to fly same route and had been directed there for checking his bag. We got in a fairly slow, long line and just as we reached the check-in attendant, after having been interrupted several times, she made the announcement baggage check in to Cincinnati, and several other cities was inside! We go back inside the Allegiant terminal, get in another line only to find out as we approached counter, we're told baggage check for Cincinnati was in Terminal A and pointed to a different area (one we never knew existed)! The attendant then tells us the flight just closed and we'd have to find another flight home and the fees would be $75 each person to do so. We explained we'd been there in lines trying to figure out where we were to check in and saw no indication Cincinnati was in Terminal A. To top it all off, the flight we were supposed to be on that closed at 6.10 had a thirty minute delayed departure. Had we known prior to arriving, we were to go to a different check in terminal, I would not be wasting my time sharing my negative review. We will be back to using sky miles again which is most likely less expensive in the long run as discount airlines like this one seem to nickel and dime customers anyway!
RouteOrlando/Sandford to Cincinnati

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

Flight from Las Vegas to Boise was scheduled at 4.30, got pushed back 1hr, 1.5hr, 2.5hrs then arrived at the airport where it was delayed an additional 2 hrs due to "Maintenance issues on the flight coming from Fresno" - flight ended up being canceled. Vouchers were given out with a 0$ balance. Next day there were 2 workers checking people in with no sky cap and at least 150 people in line. Flown with them once previously and it was a disaster as well.
RouteLAS to BOI

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

My family flew to Fort Lauderdale and back to Concord on separate flights. My first flight left on time but my sister's flight was scheduled to leave at 9am did not leave until 3.45 pm. On return flight my plan was scheduled to take off at 6 pm, we finally got on the plan after 7 pm and didn't take off until 8.30pm. My sister's return flight was scheduled to take off at 1 pm and didn't take off until 3.30. The customer service is the worst I have experienced.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Concord