Allegiant Air

Review by (United States)

Allegiant Air flight from Orlando to Austin was 1.5 hours late and return flight was 2 hours late. Really messed up my plans. Airline was not even apologetic, their attitude is - at least the flight will go out. Just been used to having much better service. However the price was better on Allegiant Air, but expect issues.
RouteOrlando to Austin
Date FlownSeptember 2015

" $400 tickets ended up at $700"

Review by (United States)

I have flown with this airline many times. I have never had any issues with the services until now. When I booked our last fights you see the ticket prices and think, that's a good or reasonable deal. You pay for every single aspect of the entire flight. You pay for your ticket in the following ways: two people traveling round trip- two tickets per person each way (180ish) okay reasonable, must pay approx $20 per seat per flight to pre select your seat (even in middle seat!), must pay for all checked bags, only allowed one carry on not two like other airlines, then pay $22 to pay for the tickets at check out to use a card. Then you have to pay $5 per person per flight to check in at the airport. So our would be $400 tickets ended up right at $700 after fees (and we only checked 1 bag and downloaded the app to avoid $20 more bucks in boardig pass fees). Ridiculous!
RouteSpringfield to Florida
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"had no issues"

Review by (United States)

I was anxious prior to flying with Allegiant Air because of all the bad reviews. Flew round trip and had no issues with either flight. Both were on time and crew was friendly. Definitely no frills, but you get what you pay for.
RouteIndianapolis to Las Vegas

"does what it says"

Review by (United States)

I don't understand all the bad reviews? This airline does what it says. It gets you from point A to point B for a fraction of the big airline prices. I had a direct flight with not having to go through Atlanta airport. Thats what ppl should complain about it's a madhouse. As far as my flight it was perfect departed on time (that's never happened on other aircrafts I've flown in the past) so what if you have to buy your drinks etc for the price who cares to spend 2.00 extra on a flight. My boyfriend and I flew for $224 that's including checking a bag and paying to sit together big deal. Other airlines were well over $1000. The staff were very friendly. I have nothing but good things to say. Give it a try for short flights.
AircraftMd80
RoutePunta Gorda FL to Knoxville TN

Review by (United States)

This is my first time flying Allegiant, and I'm not impressed. I had to pay for baggage when I made my reservation, which was $50 for a checked bag. They also charge for carry-ons. Luckily, my fiancé and I just shared 1 checked bag to try to save money. We flew a different airline to Las Vegas but flew Allegiant on the way back. The other airline didn't weigh our bag because we paid one flat fee for our checked bag. Well Allegiant did weigh our bag and it weighed 51 pounds and they charged us another $50 so our 1 checked bag cost us $100 which was the cost for one of our plane tickets, which is outrageous. Other airlines usually only charge $25 and another $25 if it's over 50 pounds. Also, not to mention they do not offer a complimentary beverage. I will not be flying Allegiant again anytime soon.
RouteLas Vegas to Peoria

Review by (Canada)

This was my first time flying Allegiant Air. Wasn't sure what to expect but I was very plesed with the experience. At Niagara Falls we were late, just 20 minutes before departure but they accepted checking bags at plane door and moved it to cargo without extra charge. On the way back, my Allegiant Air app didn't work. Showed some secured connection issue (have to open browser and accept conditions). The counter agent said since I have the Allegiant Air app, he believes that I had boarding pass, saved me $20.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNiagara Falls to Clearwater

Review by (United States)

I have flow this flight between Las Vegas and Reno many times. They're always late. This time now, we're on the plane that for the first time arrived early, however we're waiting on paper work. The AC has been turned off and we're waiting in the Las Vegas sun. Cooking. The staff don't seem care, just as they always do.
AircraftMD80
RouteLas Vegas NV to Reno NV

Review by (United States)

If you go to the University of Oregon or OSU, this is pretty much your only way to LA for cheap. I never actually had any major problems, but a few minor issues. After flying them about 3-4 times last year to come home, I quickly learned it is the same pilot and first officer, sometimes flight crew. They are all incredibly nice and even joke around with the 95% college student-filled flights.However, when I was flying home in May, my plane was supposed to leave at 9.26am for LAX. The night before at approximately 11.45pm, I get a call saying the plane is delayed two hours due to mechanical problems. I get to the airport the next morning and it is delayed another hour because the plane was delayed in SFO for weather-related issues. Finally board the plane and didn't have any issues. When I arrived for my flight back to EUG, it was delayed about 20 minutes, but had us board the plane anyway. The pilot tells us they were adding more gas just in case we are diverted to Portland which is 3 hours from Eugene. We sat on the tarmac for another hour before departing and getting to Eugene safely.
RouteEUG to LAX
Date FlownMay 2015

Review by (United States)

We were delayed, but not too bad. Rental car was on site for a small airport, however, I found rental car prices a bit higher than rental car prices at RSW (Ft. Myers). Was going to fly with them again recently when I saw ad for $72 to Ft. Myers, but by the time they added $119 fee onto the ticket, it was more than Southwest. Plus their baggage fee of $40 is quite high, and Southwest has no baggage fee. I'll stick with Southwest or Spirit when it flies in season to Ft. Myers.
RoutePittsburgh to Ft. Myers, Florida
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United States)

I have to admit after reading all the articles, I was a bit nervous flying Allegiant but my experience was a very positive one. We had to wait a bit to check in, but it wasn't too long or too bad. Staff were courteous, helpful and cheerful. This is no frills airline and one should investigative all add on charges. They don't serve complimentary soft drinks or snacks and you do have to pay for carry ons, but the overall savings was a plus. I would fly with Allegiant again.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure