Top 100 Airports

Allegiant Air

"worst designed, uncomfortable seat"

Missoula to Los Angeles with Allegiant Air. I appreciate low fare airlines to a point. That point was reached on my last round trip with Allegiant Air. The flight was fine. The service was fine. The landing was perfection. The only problem is the seat. The seat was something I've never seen on an airplane until now. It was without any doubt the worst designed, uncomfortable "seat" I've ever sat in and I'm not overweight. It consisted of a metal shell wrapped in vinyl with a little over 1 inch of padding. The seat itself was no more than 2 inches thick and it was stationary, i.e. did not recline. Because of the minimal padding and it being a preformed metal shell, the seat did not conform to those ranging in various heights. Someone say 5'7 probably "fit" better that someone over 6 feet, etc. The back of the seat had no "pocket" to put any of your personal items, like reading glasses or a bottle of water. The arm rest was this tiny little arm about 8 inches in length and an inch in width, essentially a joke. In short, you couldn't design something worse if you tried and there's absolutely no way I could last on a cross country flight being tortured in that seat. You would think seat comfort would still be high on the list when deciding to cut services and charge more for everything (including 5 bucks for a boarding pass) in the airline industry today. Think again. I now firmly believe most airlines could care less about customer satisfaction, period.
RouteMSO to LAX
Date FlownAugust 2016

"my last flight with them"

This airline is about the worst I have flown. Surprisingly, I have flown them multiple times. Each experience is getting worse and worse. Please do yourselves a favor and reserve with another airline. I have been falsely accused of smoking in the bathroom (turns out it was someone at the back of the plane and in a completely different bathroom). The flight attendants quietly apologized to me and admitted they did not understand the ventilation system on the plane. The apology was quiet, the accusation most defiantly was not. The last three trips have either been delayed by over three hours or cancelled completely. I was informed of the cancelled flight at 1 am. They did not offer a reason or a possible resolution to their error until at least 9 am the next morning. The fix you ask? To fly out 36 hours later. The airline is cheap and has round trips from Grand Rapids to Phoenix with no layovers. That is the only reason I have stayed. That will be my last flight with them. It is also important to point out that all the delays and cancellations are because on airplane issues from landing gears to engine problems. Consider this as well when deciding to choose this airline.
RoutePHX to GRR
Date FlownAugust 2016

"seats are cramped and old"

Verified Review | Allegiant Air are the worst airline I have ever flown. Flew from Asheville to Punta Gorda. They charge for everything, even a cup of water. The planes are in poor shape hence the constant reviews about long delays, flight cancellations, etc. Seats are cramped and old. They lost my bag for a hour at Asheville airport after a direct flight. I went to the customer service desk twice and no one would go to look for my bag. Finally when I was irate, the girl ran off and it appeared in two minutes. If you're going strictly to try to save money with no regard to time that can be lost to delays, then enjoy.
AircraftMD-80
RouteAVL to PGD

"by far the worst trip"

Flew Eugene, Oregon to Mesa, Arizona. Worst airline I have ever travelled on. I have seen and travelled through most of the world, from East to West and this was by far the worst trip. I cannot believe how horrible the service and staff are. Both flights on my round trip were delayed immensely and my return flight was delayed by an hour on the hour for 5 hours before they cancelled my flight. I would never recommend or fly Allegiant Air again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteEUG to AZA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"need to be customer focused"

The trip from Myrtle to Harrisburg was delayed for over 1 hour. The trip from Harrisburg back to Myrtle that was supposed to leave at 1058 is still delayed - supposedly until they can get a plane here at 3.45 pm. There are no options to transfer to another airline or route. Only excuse is they are a budget airline with no extra resources. I will never fly this airline again and would not recommend them to anyone. They do not save you money they charge for everything even a diet coke. They need to be customer focused and provide reliable service.
RouteMYR to MDT
Date FlownAugust 2016

"attendants were nice and very helpful"

Flew from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach. My husband and I were first time flyers and glad we picked Allegiant. The flight attendants were nice and very helpful. The airline was on time going and when we came home. The airline rates were great as well. We will definitely fly with Allegiant again for our next vacation.
RoutePIT to MYR
Date FlownAugust 2016

"forced to sit on plane for 5 hours"

My nieces ages, 13 and 15 were flying back home from Las Vegas to Iowa by themselves after visiting family in Oregon. There was a storm in Iowa so their flight was redirected to south or north Dakota. They were forced to sit on the plane for 5 hours. With no phone, food, or drinks. The flight attendants refused to give them any food or water. Even after they got in the air because they have no complimentary drinks or snacks. Obviously 13 and 15 year olds do not have credit or debit cards, and they do not accept cash. My nieces were starving and thirsty. There is a law that passengers are only allowed to sit on the plane for 2 hours without moving. Five hours is just ridiculous, especially for kids. And then to refuse water and food. Could they really not have made an exception for a couple of kids? Given them a water, or pretzels, something?!
RouteLAS to IOW

"terrible customer service"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Rapid City. Pretty outrageous costs for checked baggage and cabin baggage but I guess I can handle this. The thing that annoyed me was the checkin process. My partner and I had booked flights in the same booking and when proceeding to check in both on the app or at the airport, we were seated separated from each other, unless we paid a fee of $12 USD each to pick a seat. We checked in very early and it would have been easy to just put us together but they wouldn't do it at the counter unless we paid. To me, this is extremely disappointing and terrible customer service.
RouteLAS to RAP
Date FlownAugust 2016

"highly impressed and grateful"

Verified Review | Indianapolis to Punta Gorda. I traveled with my two and four year old and my two year old was a mess on the flight. All of the flight attendants went above and beyond to help me in any way they could. I am highly impressed and grateful.
RouteIND to PGD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"definitely fly with them again"

Las Vegas to Wichita.I was flying with my 18 year old son who has only flown once. We knew the airline has a reputation for being delayed, but it was ok since I didn't have a small child and had the time and patience to wait. The flight from Las Vegas to Wichita was on time and a wonderful flight. On our way from a small town outside of a Wichita (an hour away)when returning to Las Vegas, we didn't know until we got to the airport (2 hours prior as told to do) we found out our flight was delayed 2 hours. That's ok, like I said, we had time to wait. The gate representative told us they had food vouchers for us, which we used. Then they made an announcement that the flight had been canceled due to problems with our plane and they had no other planes to come get us. They offered us a hotel voucher for the night and a shuttle to get us there. All staff was apologetic and understanding, which made it easier to stomach. We knew within an hour when our flight would be going out, which was the next day (a Tuesday when they don't even fly out on Tuesdays) at the same time. We got to the airport and checked our bag and they price our boarding passes since we couldn't access them online. They gave us more.food vouchers, gave us vouchers for another flight discount within the year, remembered me from the day before and moved us along expeditiously AND the costly snacks and beverages on the plane were free to all! I understand things happen and I appreciate them not putting my son and I on a broken plane. But they were gracious and sincere about what a problem this may be to some. But they made up for it with the vouchers and discounts without someone demanding this. I will definitely fly with them again!
RouteLAS to ICT