Allegiant Air

Review by (United States) 5th July 2015

I used to fly this airline and always said it was a great little airline. No more. My 2.5 hour trip from St. Pete to Rockford, IL took about 10 hours and two separate aircraft. First plane was brought back to the gate from the taxi way with "mechanical issues". After waiting another 5 hours for a second aircraft, the pilot aborted take off. Ground crews at both airports were very rude - that is if you could even find anyone with an Allegiant name tag, lol! As my final destination was Wisconsin, I chose Allegiant to Rockford to save on driving time once I had arrived. Never again.
AircraftMD80
RoutePIE to RFD

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

I spontaneously bought bargain tickets on Allegiant, then read numerous negative reviews. After reading those, I was very uneasy about flying Allegiant to Florida, especially with two young children. Our non-stop round trip from Columbus to Fort Lauderdale was one of the easiest experiences that I've had with an airline. The price was half of the competition, all flights were on schedule, the planes were clean, and staff were courteous. The plane's seats were not plush, but were more than adequate in size. We will be flying with Allegiant again!
AircraftAirbus
RouteColumbus, Ohio to Fort Lauderdale

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

July 22, 2015 Allegiant Air's Flight 548 (LAS-BIL) was delayed 5hrs. Aircraft finally at departure gate A12 and passengers were informed by Gate Agents that boarding would commence as soon as replacement Flight Crew arrived. Passengers stood in boarding line for 1/2 hour when Gate Agents redirected passengers to gate A14, where there was no aircracft. Same gate Agent announced to passengers at gate A10, in line to go to Eugene OR. that their new gate of departure would be A12. Allegiant Air gave the aircraft away and cancelled ultimately cancelled Fight 548. Allegiant Air gave no reasons for cancellation and did not provide commodations or alternate air travel for that date. Fare refunded for that segment.
RouteLas Vegas NV to Billings MT

Review by (Canada) 3rd July 2015

Plane was delayed because of a mechanical problem, fixed it, took off and had to return to Vegas because of overheating on the engines. We were told there was another plane flying in from Stockton to replace this one at 5pm. Plane from Stockton did not come, we were given $8.00 food voucher, by that time only place open was Burger King. We were told we would be put up in hotels for the night. Our group's hotel was never confirmed in the end we had to find our own hotel and transportation, there was no communication at all, we were just left. We finally got to our hotel around 11pm that night. Next day we were suppose to be on a special flight at 5:10pm and home by 7:45pm. They boarded us late then we had to get back off the plane because there was a fuel leak. We finally took off at 6:30pm - not recommended!
RouteLas Vegas to Bellingham

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

My flight was scheduled to depart at 7.30 am. Now it's 2.15 pm and we're still waiting for the plane, they changed planes because the original had mechanical problems that they didn't realize until after we boarded. The funny thing about all of this is that I took the same flight last fall and was delayed 6 hours because they diverted our flight to a charter. They only reason why I booked a trip with them again is because they gave me travel vouchers. It was not worth it. If you read this, don't book a flight with them or if you do, expect a high probability of delays.
Aircraft757
RouteLas Vegas, NV to Austin, TX

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

The boarding was delayed by 40 min followed by sitting in the aircraft for almost 2 hours. I booked this flight as I wanted to reach NY early for the July long weekend but by the time the floght started, it was already the time I should have landed. Please don't book by being fooled into the cheaper fares, it is not worth it.
RouteTampa to Stewart

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

I hear all sorts of complaints with Allegiant Air online and my personal experiences with this airline have all be very positive. Besides getting the best fare, I only end up paying for what I want. All employees I've had contact with have been pleasant, helpful and courteous. No, you don't get a free bag, a free carry-on, a free soda or any other complimentary items. If you want them you pay for it. I'd always been a fan of Southwest, due to their renegade ways in bringing down the cost of flights, but Allegiant has beaten them at their own game. While I'd be willing to put up with some issue for the sort of savings I get from this carrier, but as of this date, I have no complaints with Allegiant Air.
AircraftMD-80
RouteOrlando, FL to Rockford, IL

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

They have great prices , but once you book, you'll find a charge for selecting any seat on the airplane, having any type of baggage with you, and printing your boarding pass at the airport. If you want to actually take advantage of that 75 dollar flight, you must travel in a swim suit with your mobile boarding pass on your smart phone. Why did I continue to fly this airline? Because for a while, it was the only airline that I can find that went to my destination. But it began with 2 hour delays on the flight (they seem to only fly one plane in one route all day so if the first plane is behind, the entire day is lost). Don't expect anyone to be at the counter if you arrived 2 hours before your flight is supposed to leave. You must show up 2 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave because one of their favorite pastimes is making you wait on them. Once you actually board the plane (4 hours later) it's not so bad. The flight attendants are pretty nice.
RouteOrlando to Lexington

Review by (United States) 30th June 2015

Customer "service" is the worst. Despite purchasing Allegiant's flight insurance, one must call the airline to make any changes. Wait to speak with a human is routinely over one hour. This low budget airline needs to spend just a few dollars to provide even a minimal level of service. Some ground service personnel are clueless and unprofessional.
RouteDSM to PGD

Review by (United States) 30th June 2015

We fly Allegiant often. Typically no problems. No frills, which is fine by me. The only issue with Allegiant is with calling customer service. The last time I was on hold for 45 minutes and gave up. Today, I have been on hold for an hour and 15 minutes and counting. I know they want everything self-service on the web. Sometimes getting help from a rep is required - today is one of those days.
AircraftMD-80