Top 100 Airlines

Allegiant Air

"not fly this airline again"

Verified Review | Memphis to Jacksonville. Do not fly Allegiant Air unless you are very flexible and have the patience of Job! Flight to Memphis was changed with no notice (same day, five hours later). Called customer service and was told an email was sent day after booking regarding the change in flight times. No email was sent and another customer verified he received the same story when he called. Return flight was delayed and then cancelled. Customer service agents were rude when handing out vouchers for meals and hotel, actually acting like it was an inconvenience for them! Absolutely will not fly this airline again!
RouteMEM to JAX

"unfriendly to so many"

Verified Review | Indianapolis, Indiana to Punta Gorda. I was stopped with my emotional support dog because my boarding pass said service animal. While at the check in counter I was asked to see my paperwork from my doctor and was given the pass. The problem was I was stopped at the gate by the lady who was scanning all the passes and was asked for my paperwork again and was told that it needed to be changed in the computer there is nothing on your website for emotional support animals. As I was on the verge of tears for being stopped again and showing my paperwork; the lady at the gate was rudely telling a very pregnant women with two little children that their small stuffed animal bag was too big. The lady said that the check in counter told her she was fine. The woman was in tears. It wasn't as much as she had to pay more as she was being treated awful. While she was crying she told another lady with a child that her bag was too big too. That lady also was told at check in hers was fine. She was told that the plane could leave without her. My husband while waiting for me offered to pay for the lady's bag so she could get on the plane. Your employee was rude and disrespectful to these women. I was a nervous wreck just being there and worse after all of this occurred. This employee needs some training classes on how to work with the public and be more compassionate. I fly twice a month with Alligent and everyone is very friendly. This is the first flight that I have experienced that was unfriendly to so many.
AircraftNot sure
RouteIND to PGD
Date FlownMay 2016

"be upfront about reason for delays"

I've been flying with Allegiant Air for the past couple years. My boyfriend lives in Florida and I live in Ohio, so the price that Allegiant offers is very competitive compared to other airlines. I've never been thrilled by my flights with Allegiant (inconvenient times, not a lot of flexibility, fees for bags and reservation changes that add up), but it does have its perks (affordable, small airlines so less security hassle, nonstop flights). However, the past couple of flights we have experienced multiple delays. It seems almost as if this is becoming a signature of Allegiant flights. This past flight was already inconveniently timed to fly out at 8pm and arrive at 10pm (this would be fine if there was a choice, but this was the only time available from LCK). That afternoon, the flight was delayed by 40 minutes. Annoying, but no big deal (I should mention that the airport is an hour away from my final destination, so each delay made the drive to Sarasota more and more inconvenient). Once I was at the airport (arrived early at 5:30, figured I could work on homework or read), I received a text message that the flight was delayed until 9:16pm (there was not an announcement at the airport for a while - only text messages at first). Around 9pm, we received another missive that informed us that the flight would leave at 10:56pm. The workers at the airport were not at the gate for most of this, maybe avoiding angry passengers? There were sporadic announcements to the gates. Long story short, we left at 11:30pm and arrived around 1:30am; I arrived in Sarasota around 2:45am, almost 4 hours later than I had planned. Allegiant never explained to us the reason for such a drastic delay (only made worse by the lateness of the original flight). Was it weather? The flight was flying out of Myrtle Beach and into Ohio. Was it computer issues (they seem to encounter these a lot - which only freaks me out more about the safety of the flights)? Something else? The pilot and flight attendants were all very kind on the flight, and all of the passengers were pretty complacent (no annoying irate passengers to deal with - which I appreciated). However, an explanation would have been nice. Maybe even some free food on the flight to make up for the 3 hour delay! I'm not sure if I'll be flying Allegiant again. Probably I will, because I can't afford to fly anyone else. While there are some good things about Allegiant, I still have many major issues with them. I realize that they are a discount airline and therefore the fees and inconvenient times are necessary. But please be upfront about the reason about delays, and maybe consider a way to make it up to your passengers.
RouteLCK to PGD

"professionalism is horrible"

Greensboro to Sanford with Allegiant Air. Our flight to Orlando was delayed 4 hours. We ended up missing our Carnival cruise leaving from Port Canaveral. When we decided to try to find plane tickets to the Bahamas to meet the ship there, Allegiant offered no help whatsoever. Carnival advised us to get a letter from Allegiant explaining that there were mechanical issues that caused the delay. We talked to several Allegiant staff and no one could print us a letter. Staff acted like they had no clue what we were talking about. We eventually resulted to asking them if they could at least print us some boarding passes with the correct time that we left so we could prove our flight was delayed but they would not do this either. Customer service was not great. In Greensboro, the woman acted like we were inconviencing her when we asked for help. Also, two staff members were cussing and joking around while we were trying to check in our bags. At Sanford, the woman at the desk kept helping other people behind us in line. Overall the professionalism of the company is horrible. I understand that issues and delays happen but the fact that no help was given is unacceptable. The staff kept brushing us off. The staff from American Airlines helped us find tickets to the Bahamas and cared more about our situation and we didn't even fly with them. All Allegiant offered us was an $8 vocher only good for that day to use on food in the airport. Needless to say, we will not be using Allegiant in the future.
RouteGSO to SFB
Date FlownMay 2016

"charged me to lose my luggage"

I had flown Allegiant 3 times since October 2015. I thought for the price they were awesome. No you don't get the 4oz of soda, coffee or tea for free when flying with them, but you do save $75 to $100 by not getting that beverage. On April 9th I flew in from Florida to New Hampshire after a 10 day vacation. When I landed in Portsmouth I went right to the baggage claim area to get my luggage. I waited and waited and waited. All the luggage is gone and there are two of us standing there without ours. One of Allegiant employees was there and asked if we got our luggage. Both of us said NO. Employee called someone and said then we were told that one had fallen off the belt and it would be right up. It was the other persons not mine. After waiting a hour or so for employees to search, I was told it was no where is that airport. The employee took me to the counter and started a claim. She was very nice and I was told that I would have it FedEx to me. She said I would probably see it Monday. Well Monday came and went. The next Monday came and went. After 10 days and no news I started writing and calling. I was told they are doing everything they could and would let me know. A week later after not hearing anything I reached out again and asked if they checked Fort Lauderdale or NY. I said NY because when I was checking in my bag the counter person asked if I was going to NY. I said NH! Since that last conversation with Allegiant, I have not heard back from them. They are now ignoring my emails and phone calls. My last message left to them was asking if Luggage falls from plans, but we never hear of it. Still Waiting!! OH YA, they did sent me a email saying they apologized for any inconvenience and would be crediting the bag fee I paid. They are so sweet to refund me the bag fee, they charged me to lose my luggage. Has anyone else ever have this happen?
AircraftAllegiant
RouteFLL to PSM
Date FlownApril 2016

"not worth the headaches"

We booked an Allegiant Air flight well in advance from Punta Gorda, FL, to Asheville, NC on May 6 to return on May 16. This trip was planned based on children’s recitals, friends’ travel plans, graduation date, and the Allegiant Airlines limited schedule. On the morning of May 6, our travel day, I received a text message, saying that our flight was cancelled and rescheduled for the next day. When I called Allegiant, the agent would give no reason for the change. The weather in Asheville, Punta Gorda and between was beautiful; most of the east coast was also nice. I believe that the flight was cancelled because there were not enough seats sold. The fact that the flight was rescheduled for the next day would foul our tight schedule that involved driving to several other locations before returning to Asheville. Besides, what would motivate us to trust that Allegiant would fly on the 7th if they weren’t flying on the 6th? They refunded my fare and car rental charges, the minimum they could do and the most that they would do. The result is that two arthritic seniors drove an extra 1400 miles and an extra 24 hours. We put 2700 miles on our car, instead of zero with the rental. This is our third attempted trip on Allegiant, with only one that went as scheduled. The cost savings is not worth the headaches (and backaches). No more!
RoutePGD to AVL

"a horrible experience"

Verified Review | I was supposed to fly with Allegiant Air from Rochester to Sanford for the first time today. A horrible experience from the beginning. Myself and my party of four boarded the plane and after a half an hour we were told the brake pressure was not where it was supposed to be. Everyone was asked to leave the plane and hour by hour we received texts saying our flight was delayed. Finally, from 12 to 5 p.m. an announcer said they were going to cancel the flight. We were given 8 dollars for food that the Rochester airline would accept and the airline refuses to refund our flight or extend it one more. I just graduated college, my traveling time is very limited. I wasted a whole day in the airport and a day of vacation because of mechanical issues that I personally think should have been checked before everyone boarded the plane. I called the customer care line twice and both ladies were rude and not helpful. Horrible experience.
RouteROC to SFB

"use the alternative"

This is not the first bad experience we have had flying Allegiant. Just another straw on the camels back. These include cancelled flights, poor counter service and rudeness from the counter staff in Idaho Falls, and long delays of flights. This is a review of the customer service quality of the counter personnel at McCarran airport. First off, there is very limited times the counter is open, 3 days a week, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. I arrived at 10:45 and waited for 15 minutes for the woman at the counter to check in 1 person, who was already at the counter when I arrived. This spot at the counter was the only one that did not say "check in" or "bag drop", but only said "Allegiant Air". It was apparently was the priority check in line since when I approached the counter I was asked if I was priority check in. I replied no and was informed I had to wait in the long line. I explained I was not checking in, but was there to purchase tickets. She looked at the clock and it was 11:00, so she informed me that she would not sell me a ticket because it was 11:00. NOT EVEN 11:01 Are you kidding me? I wait in line while she takes her sweet time with 1 person and then won't sell me tickets because I am now too late? I guess they don't really need my business after all. If you have a viable alternative, save yourself the hassle, inconvenience, rude employees, delayed and cancelled flights, and hidden fees etc.that nickel and dime you to death so you end up paying almost the same as elsewhere, and use the alternative. Oh, and when I called customer service about this, they would be happy to book my flight over the phone for an extra $13.00 per ticket per leg. No thank you.
RouteLAS to IDA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"the flights were great"

Stockton to Phoenix–Mesa return with Allegiant Air. After the bad reviews I thought I would give my good review. I haven't flown in about 10 years and after reading bad reviews I was upset at myself that I didn't check before I bought. Anyway, I guess I was lucky to have no delays, the plane was on time leaving and landing round trip. The staff was great, very nice and no problems. The flights were great and I will fly with Allegiant Air again.
RouteSCK to AZA
Date FlownMay 2016

"boarding process was slow"

Allegiant Air seems to get a bad rap however as someone who flies a lot and has status on other airlines I wanted to share my recent experience. This is the 2nd time I've flown Allegiant. I made my reservations with Allegiant because 1) It was half the price of the major airlines and 2) It was a direct flight from Springfield, Mo to Las Vegas. I paid extra for priority seating and carrying my bag on the plane. I printed my boarding pass off at home and then downloaded the app so I had it in my phone as well. This way I never had to deal with the counter. I always have snacks on me so the fact that you had to pay for Snacks/drinks (water too) didn't bother me. I also didn't think the seats were uncomfortable or there was a leg room issue. If you fly a lot most planes these days have decreased their legroom so for 3 hours it wasn't a big deal. My only "complaint" is that departure time seems to be a suggestion. We left about 45 minutes late. The boarding process was slow so be prepared for that. I would suggest paying the $15ish fee and get priority boarding and a seat at the front of the plane. I thought the staff were friendly and I would fly them again. I've had worse experiences with the major airlines. You just need to know what to expect.
RouteSGF to LAS