Allegiant Air

"the worst delayed experience"

Trip Verified | I flew Allegiant Air from Jacksonville, yesterday, Sunday, April 15th, 2018 to Indianapolis My flight was schedule at 9:43 am, because of the problem with the aircraft, it was delayed until 8.20 pm in the evening. If I didn't want to fly last night, the next flight would be next Thursday. At the end I left Jacksonville at 9pm and landed in Indianapolis around 10.30 pm. This was the worst delayed experience I had ever encountered, the company gave me 2 $50 voucher to use for the future flight with Allegiant. For sure I will never fly with this carrier again. I hope this company will close down for the way it treated the passengers for the more than 12 hours delayed.
RouteJacksonville to Indianapolis
Date FlownApril 2018

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Allegiant Air is by far the worst airline I have used! I’m vacationing in Florida from Greenville, SC only to find out that our bag was left in Greenville and not put on the plane! After calling Allegiant Air and being hung up on twice they they tell me that our luggage can’t be sent out til Monday 4/9 and that’s when we are due to return home. They told me they will have someone give me a call to see what could be done for me and here we are 10 hours later and i have yet to hear from Someone.
RouteGreenville to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownApril 2018

"staff, rude, rude, rude"

Trip Verified | New Orleans to Raleigh-Durham. I've never flown on a more unprofessional airline in my life. First off I understand charging for checked luggage but going from $20 online to $50 is insane. And then to charge you for printing a boarding pass is crazy. Lets not talk about the staff, rude, rude, rude. Everyone including the flight attendants were rude. No matter how cheap their flights are, flying with them will never happen again.
RouteNew Orleans to Raleigh-Durham
Date FlownApril 2018

"smarter to pay for another airline"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Belleville. To save your time please do not fly Allegiant if you want to ride an unreliable plane or want to be late by like 10 hours. The flight attendants didn’t tell us anything, also very rude - they refunded us 50$ that we can only use to use to purchase other plane tickets for Allegiant Air, an 8$ meal voucher that didn’t even work and a can of soda. Terrible service and low quality planes. You get what you pay for so it is smarter to pay for another airline.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Belleville
Date FlownApril 2018

"will never fly Allegiant again"

Trip Verified | After my husband I tried to sit together in "open" seats, the flight attendant got angry and went up front. Ten minutes later, a female with a McCarran airport sweater, said that if I wanted to stay on board that I couldn't make one peep during the flight. If I so much as made one peep the pilot would turn the plane around and I would be taken off and I would not be given a refund. Do they have the right to do that? After reading a bunch of documents at the FAA website, it seems as though they can only kick you off it they feel you are a safety risk. Then after you are rescreened by TSA and found not to be a risk you are to be rebooked on another flight or allowed to take your original flight if it has not already departed. Nowhere did it say that the airline can just throw you off and abandon you. I was not a safety or security risk and they knew it. I just wrinkled their feathers when I asked them why we couldn't change seats, and also asked for badge information. Their responses for why we couldn't change seats was laughable. Needless to say I will never fly Allegiant again. I am posting this review so that if you are considering taking this airline, you might want to reconsider.
AircraftMD-80
RouteLas Vegas to Wichita
Date FlownMarch 2018

"costing more than a major airline"

Trip Verified | St Pete Clearwater to Austin. You have to pay $60 to put your carryon in the overhead. I thought this would be a time saver on my regular flights to Austin. With the required shuttle ride because Allegiant is not landing at the main terminal it adds an hour to my trip (30 minutes each way). By the time it was all over, the “cheap” flight ended up costing more than a major airline. No beverage service. Rude waitresses.
RouteSt Pete Clearwater to Austin
Date FlownMarch 2018

"gives no heads up during delays"

Trip Verified | Allegiant Air is by far the most classless organization currently in operation. It seems that this airline is run by animals. Every single time I fly with them (forced to fly with this airline as they are the only direct route from South Florida to Asheville) the flight is delayed. This airline gives no heads up during delays, no emails, nothing. It’s particularly upsetting because it seems they have plenty of notice that the incoming flight is delayed, so they should know and have the respect of letting their customers know when they do. This organization lacks class, humanity, respect and culture. I could give a million examples, but I won’t waste any more of my time. The way I see it, you’re better off taking another airline with a connection, because that would most likely leave on time and get you there at the same time Allegiant will, with their massive delays. Never take this airline.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Asheville

"rollercoaster communications"

Trip Verified | We returned home 8 days ago, final flight with Allegiant Air from St Petersburg / Clearwater to Niagara Falls. Upon arrival, out of 200 passengers, only we had missing luggage. Allegiant clerk quickly advised that somehow one bag went to Orlando but would be immediately re-routed and delivered to Canada. Sure, no problem, Canada customs agent assured us that airlines deliver lost luggage all the time and no problem crossing the border. By Sunday, no bags and started rollercoaster communications with Allegiant and finally was informed that bag was sent via FedEx and was given a tracking number. Great, now we could watch its travels. Tuesday it was resting in Toronto waiting for release from customs. Now began ommunications with FedEx and end result was that we would have to personally arrange customs clearance. Went down to Niagara Falls with documents and was advised that they couldn't do the release there and would have to go to Canada customs at Toronto airport. Called customs in Toronto and very nice man confirmed that was true. Back with FedEx to see if we could arrange a one time power of attorney - nope. So today we did the 120 mile round trip, waved to all the passing cars on the QEW, hwys. 407, 401 and others, toured Toronto airport, became expert at using gps and now arrived home with missing bag. At least it was nice that Allegiant shipped at no charge, and nice customs agent advised that no charge for customs clearance.
RouteSt Petersburg / Clearwater to Niagara Falls
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"delays with short notifications"

Trip Verified | Belleville to Orlando . Worst company ever unless you don’t mind endless delays with short notifications. Last 10 flights I’ve bought have been delayed and zero support from customer service other than “sorry, deal with it” Prices are cheap but have to pay for everything under the sun from seat selection to carry on bags
RouteBelleville to Orlando

"been thoroughly impressed"

Trip Verified | Rickenbacker to Orlando Sanford. This is the 2nd time I've flown Allegiant air and the 2nd time I've been thoroughly impressed. The staff in the airport were great and the flight staff was even better. Flight attendants were amazing, funny and helpful and made the very rough flight enjoyable. They calmed my nerves on the flight.
RouteRickenbacker to Orlando Sanford