Vote Now

Allegiant Air

"customer service not willing to help"

Verified Review | Dayton to Tampa with Allegiant Air. Flight delayed for an hour and then canceled. Flight was rescheduled for 24 hours later! Had to book from a different city with terrible problems due to family flying also! Customer service not willing to help or even care!
RouteDayton to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2017

"never fly Allegiant again"

Verified Review | Columbus to Punta Gorda. These were the worst flights I have experienced. The seats are so close together and are hard. We are seniors and my husband was in pain through both flights. The employees are great and flights were on time, but we would never fly Allegiant again.
RouteColumbus to Punta Gorda
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"unpleasantness of the flight"

Verified Review | Stockton to Las Vegas. We flew out Friday April 7th and our flight was delayed 3 hours. I have never had an unexplained delay happen to me for this long. Onboard the plane as they are serving drinks they spilled on my friend's lap. The flight attendant said sorry, but didn't offer to grab her a napkin for it, until my friend spoke up about it. The flight attendant was rude in handling the spill and then proceeded to not take my friend's order. I had a ginger ale and the same flight attendant told me I had to finish it and stood there waiting for me with a scowl on her face. I understand finishing your drink before landing, but 2 more times another flight attendant walked by asking for trash after that, so there wasn't any urgency. She was by far the rudest flight attendant I have ever experienced. The price is not worth the delay or unpleasantness of the flight. I will be flying any other airline in the future.
RouteStockton to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2017

"in the airport after three delays"

Unverified | Ogdensburg to Fort Lauderdale. Still in the airport after three delays. We were scheduled to leave at 9:50 am. They tell us our plane has mechanical problems and they are going to try to fix it. In the meantime another planes arrives that is scheduled to pick up people and go to Orlando. So they take our luggage off our broken plane and put it on this plane . But of course the people originally scheduled to go on this new plane to Orlando are bumped and are to have to wait for our original plane to be fixed. Just as we are to load on the plane they announce that it also is broken. We are all now sitting in the terminal double stacked looking at another 90 minute delay - they now tell us they are looking into getting two new planes. No food or drink in the terminal, not a great start to our four day holiday.
RouteOgdensburg to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownApril 2017

"never fly this airline again"

Verified Review | Orlando to Richmond. They boarded us for our 8am flight. Then deboarded us for technical issues. Then delayed us until 11:40. Then told us the flight was cancelled and would be flying out the next day at 2:30. I had to work the next day and cannot miss work. So I had to book a flight with JetBlue for $600. All Allegiant Air did for my inconvenience was refund me and give me a $100 voucher. This screw up on their end cost me two Ubers ($40 each), my whole Easter spent in airports, and an extra $320 to get on the JetBlue flight. A total loss of $400 plus a whole day of Easter in airports and all they could do is give me a voucher for $100. I have never heard of a 32 hour delay. This is ridiculous! I will never fly this airline again. Spend the extra money and fly with a better airline. Their cheap fares are not worth the headache.
RouteOrlando to Richmond
Date FlownApril 2017

"technique to get extra money from us"

Verified Review | Chicago Rockford to Las Vegas. Not a bad flight for the price and the Rockford airport is much easier to navigate than O'Hare but frankly when I book the tickets together we should be sat together. I should not have to pay extra to sit next to my husband, especially when there were seats available. Shady technique to get extra money from us!
RouteChicago Rockford to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2017

"don't inform you on anything"

Verified Review | Knoxville to Fort Lauderdale. It was delayed due to a worker from the airport dropping jet fuel right outside of the plane. Nothing was wrong with our plane we just had to wait for it to be cleaned up. However, that took almost two hours with no air on a small confined aircraft with over 100 people. Not once did allegiant offer a drink or snack while we waited and the two men sitting next to me were in the wrong seats and the flight attendant acted like it didn't matter. The flight attendants were rude, and not once offered a drink or snack as we all sat there and sweated. Then, once we finally do get to our destination we have to sit there for another 45 min because they can't get the door open! Awful. I've flown with Allegiant multiple times but this flight was terrible. Very disappointed. I don't expect to have tv or free food on your flight, however I do expect to get a free snack if we are delayed that long and flight attendants don't inform you on anything. Neither did our pilot. We sat there for almost an entire hour before the pilot even informed us on what was going on.
RouteKnoxville to Fort Lauderdale

"plane was dirty"

Verified Review | Our first experience with Allegiant was June 2016. We had booked a weekend away to Clearwater for my husbands birthday weekend. The morning of our flight, we got a text that the flight had been cancelled. Took hours to get through to Allegiant. Received no explanation as to why it was cancelled and an alternate flight was not offered. They did refund our money but we lost a lot of money and time on previously booked excursions and meals. Not to mention my husbands birthday was ruined! They did also give us a voucher towards another flight, which we reluctantly used this past weekend. This past Friday March, 31, 2017, we were to fly out of Wilkes-Barre to St. Petersburg. Our flight was delayed by over 2 hours. Once finally on the plane we were stopped on the runway due to a mechanical issue with fear that we would not even be able to take off. Nearly 2 and a half hours past initial departure time we were finally cleared after they got the mechanical issue fixed. Now to think we are on a plane for the next 2 hours, a plane that just had an issue and couldn't take off. Once in flight, the pilot came over the speaker to tell everyone he apologized for the inconveniences and that the flight was almost cancelled as there was no pilot to fly the plane. Said he came in on his day off to fly it. The plane was dirty and had a terrible odor on it. Was afraid to touch anything. The bathroom was just disgusting. Smelt horrible and had mold near and around the sink and toilet. The only thing Allegiant had going for them was the staff. They were all friendly and helpful. I would not recommend this company to anyone! Not to mention once you add in all the fees for baggage and to pick a seat so you'r guaranteed to sit with your family, this company is not any cheaper than a real company like Delta or United! You don't even get a complimentary drink, you pay for a soda or water.
RouteWilkes-Barre to St. Petersburg

"rent a car and drive"

Verified Review | Niagara Falls to Sanford with Allegiant Air. 8.30pm flight delayed for mechanical issues. Had us de-board the plane, wait for 3 hrs to then tell us we would be given vouchers for taxi and hotel and rescheduled our flight for 3.30pm the next day. The handling of the vouchers was a mess, there were 4 Allegiant staff members behind the counter - 1 of which was sitting down eating pizza. Instead of working efficiently by dividing up the stack of vouchers amongst them, they had 1 person call out names 1 by 1 of every individual on the plane while the other staff members just watched. In general, the staff lacked professionalism, compassion, and competency. To make matters worse, there was only 1 taxi that would accept the voucher. When I notified the Allegiant staff, I was told with a condescending tone that I could just walk to the hotel if I did not feel like waiting. At this time it was 1.30am and 34 degrees outside. The following day was not much improvement. The staff were sluggish and unconcerned. The bottom line, if your only option is to fly Allegiant Air, my advice is to rent a car and drive.
RouteNiagara Falls to Sanford
Date FlownApril 2017

"I will never do this again"

Verified Review | Mesa to Provo. First and last attempt at flying this airline. They cancelled our flight 30 minutes after we were supposed to board. Was it for weather? No. Was it for mechanical problems? No. Was it because they didn't even have a flight crew? They had a plane, but apparently no one to fly it. So, a trip I've had planned for quite a while, took time off work and made multiple plans ... ruined. (My twelve-year-old son, not happy.). I am writing this review due to the complete lack of respect the frontline people showed the passengers in this crisis who just had their flight cancelled. They were very short and rude to the passengers in fothe not of me in line to the point that I simply got out of line and left. Allegiant Air has failed miserably to train their frontline people how to act in these situations. My money was ultimately returned, but only after about an hour of phone time and a dropped call (they hung up on me while on hold). I will never do this again.
RouteMesa to Provo