Allegiant Air

"worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | Indianapolis to Fort Lauderdale. The worst flying experience of my life. We have been waiting on the plane to take off for an hour and a half. No worries the captain keep informing us that they are "trying to figure it out." Thank god for Allegiant. I will never be giving them my business again.
RouteIndianapolis to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2018

"delayed due to maintenance"

Trip Verified | Concord to Fort Lauderdale. Don’t ever give these people money you’ll hate yourself for it. I was stuck in a tiny airport with two gates for almost 7 hours because our flight was delayed due to maintenance. They shouldn’t even have the privilege to own an airline what a joke, kept telling us the plane was in the air and would be landing shortly, it went from 4:00pm to 9:30pm to 9:45pm to “its in the air” it’ll be here in 50 minutes then 50 minutes later they said it would arrive in 30 minutes and said that about 3 more times after that. Don’t ever waste your time with these hooligans.
RouteConcord to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2018

"will not use them again"

Trip Verified | San Antonio to Las Vegas. I have no complaints about the staff. They were pleasant but the company as a whole seems unorganized. I was delayed on both trips to and from over an hour and half on the to and over an hour from. If you need to be some where on time please don’t use this company! If you have time to waste and want to save money then you should use them. I personally will not use them again.
RouteSan Antonio to Las Vegas

"worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Columbus. Absolute worst airline ever I highly recommend you take your money else where they're nothing but a headache and very unorganized as a company I made it to the airport 1 hour and 10 minutes before my flight which left at 8am and I had downloaded the allegiant app as prompted on my itinerary and went to the front desk and they directed me to my gate once I made it to the TSA check in they were unable to scan the bar code off the app so I was told to go back the front desk so they can print me a copy of my boarding pass well once I got back to the front desk they told me it would be a 5 dollar charge to print and that they only accepted credit which I didn't have on me only had cash but he insisted that the app would work and to try again. I went back and again it didn't work and I even expressed how upset I was to the TSA attendant so he tried a few times for me and still nothing so again I go back to the counter because he suggested they could just use the card the flight was purchased with for the boarding pass well. I went over to the counter again and they scanned it just fine and claimed that if it worked at there desk then it would work at the check in so I took a screenshot of the barcode and zoomed in on it and it and it worked the third time finally and went through security. Even though all the running around it was still only 7:44 so I proceeded to my gate which was empty not a person in sight so I went to the next gate and asked where the flight to Columbus boarded and told me I had missed it, I asked how could that be it wasn't supposed to leave until 8 and she told me doors close 15 mins prior to departure and i looked at my phone 7:46 and said so 1 minute ago and she said sorry there's nothing she can do. I asked to speak with a manager and she told me I would have to go all the way to the front desk so at this point I knew I was screwed because the front desk is on the other side of the building and I would have to go through security again so I go to the front desk and of course there isn't a manager on duty and that I would have to call customer care so I do and explain the whole situation and they tell me there is nothing they can do for me besides charge me for the next flight which is two days out.
RouteTampa to Columbus
Date FlownAugust 2018

"aren’t friendly and very unorganized"

Trip Verified | I wish I could rate Allegiant Air under 0 stars because that’s its value. I understand charging for a carry on bag. But if you didn’t pay on your way there at your first departing airport they shouldn’t charge you on your returning flight, especially $50 that’s absurd for a two and a half hour flight. Definitely won’t fly Allegiant again. The staff at Elmira Airport aren’t friendly and very unorganized.
RouteElmira to Sanford

"Do not fly Allegiant"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Ft Walton/Destin. Do not fly Allegiant. My Granddaughter, daughter, and myself were stranded in Ft. Walton Florida July 9, 2018 due to pilot clipping another Allegiant aircraft causing our flight to be cancelled. They wouldn't assist with letting us know why our flight was cancelled, what our options were, or anything until almost 4 hours after they had cancelled the flight. All they offered was a refund for our returning flight, or to put us on the next flight (with them) to Nashville which was not until Friday July 13th (Keep in mind this was a Monday, when we were suppose to be going home) which left us to find transportation, lodging, and accrue additional food expenses for the 3 of us, during one of the busiest tourist seasons in Florida, and it was all at our own expense due to and I quote “ We are a small company and not able to assist you with your unexpected monetary expenses” So we were on our own, stuck, frustrated, and incredibly stressed due to having to find last minute lodging, car rental, having extra food expenses, and my daughter almost losing her job because we could not return home when scheduled her company expected her to be there Tuesday July 10th to work but due to us being stuck in Florida with no options to get home until We finally found an option with Southwest airlines, granted it was out of Pensacola, Florida, for Wednesday July 11th, now this was a last minute flight so our tickets cost us $327.00 each totaling $981.00 plus all of the other expenses of the two days/nights prior, the stress from not knowing how we would get home, where we were even going to stay and sleep at night while having my young granddaughter with me. It was a very traumatic experience for all 3 of us, along with a lot of additional expenses that should not have been our responsibility to pay for, due to the airlines pilot clipping another aircraft. I have sent 3 emails to corporate since we have returned home and still NO response.
RouteNashville to Ft Walton/Destin

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Indianapolis to St Pete Clearwater. Worst experience ever. My flight was delayed twice without even notifying me, I found out through a friend who happened to be scheduled for the same flight. The delay was 6 hours and there was no reason provided. I cancelled my flight and got a refund. However, they ruined my weekend plans and had me take half a day off work thinking my flight was leaving at 5pm instead of 11pm (the airport is an hour away from me). Customer service left me on hold for so long and the manager was not helpful either. Horrible first and last experience with Allegiant.
RouteIndianapolis to St Pete Clearwater

"very traumatic experience"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Fort Walton Beach. I would give 0 out of 5 stars if that was an option! My mother, daughter, and myself were stranded in Ft. Walton Florida July 9, 2018 due to pilot clipping another Allegiant aircraft causing our flight to be cancelled. They wouldn't even assist with letting us know why our flight was cancelled, what our options were, or anything until almost 4 hours after they had cancelled the flight. All they offered was a refund for our returning flight, or to put us on the next flight (with them) to Nashville which was not until Friday July 13th (Keep in mind this was a Monday, when we were suppose to be going home) which left us to find transportation, lodging, and accrue additional food expenses for the 3 of us, during one of the busiest tourist seasons in Florida, and it was all at our own expense due to and I quote “ We are a small company and not able to assist you with your unexpected monetary expenses” So we were on our own, stuck, frustrated, and incredibly stressed due to having to find last minute lodging, car rental, having extra food expenses, and almost losing my job because i could not return to work from us being stuck in Florida with no options to get home. We finally found an option with Southwest airlines, granted it was out of Pensacola, Florida, for Wednesday July 11th, now this was a last minute flight so our tickets cost us $327.00 each totaling $981.00 plus all of the other expenses of the two days/nights prior, the stress from not knowing how we would get home, where we were even going to stay and sleep at night while having my young daughter with me. It was a very traumatic experience for all 3 of us, along with a LOT of additional expenses that should not have been our responsibility to pay for, due to the airlines pilot clipping another aircraft!! I have sent 3 emails to corporate since we have returned home and still no response.
RouteNashville to Fort Walton Beach
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | I was very dissatisfied with Allegiant Air. All of the extra fees are very inconvenient and actually frustrating. I would recommend allowing the 50lbs luggage weight requirement instead of 40lbs. The representative at the counter during our return flight was very unprofessional. We also were told contradicting information regarding military baggage allowance. Upon reading the baggage information we noticed that the clerk on our return flight was not knowledgeable of the correct rules and had a nasty attitude. At the baggage terminal we were all standing st the wrong claim area due to incorrect information posted on the screen. We were finally redirected to the correct conveyor belt by an employee. I noticed customers looking for their luggage at the baggage terminal. They were being sent to find the airline office despite the fact that a member in their party was in a wheelchair. I would not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteNorfolk to Sanford
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I would still recommend"

Trip Verified | Denver to Bellingham. Staff was great and price was right. Only airline to fly direct. Seats were uncomfortable and don't recline. I would still recommend. Made sure to pay extra for legroom in the exit row. I would fly Allegiant any day over Frontier.
RouteDenver to Bellingham