Top 100 Airlines

Allegiant Air

"I have seen a change in the airline"

Verified Review | I have flown Allegiant multiple times in the past because they have multiple flights from Sioux Falls, SD (which has limited options of flights as a small city) to large hubs which can get me pretty much anywhere I want to go. Over the last year I have seen a change in the airline and mood of the staff. They have gone from very friendly and customer orientated to more of a second class airline where the customers are treated like cattle. I have felt better about myself and customer service standing at line in McDonalds. They claim they have low rates, but when you actually get through ticket registration they have so many fees they add up to their competitors. I understand they have a bottom line to protect, but I would rather have an airline be upfront and honest with me. For example, I tried to put my personal item (which was a very full backpack, as I had two laptops in there for a business trip) in an overhead bin. I was one of the last ones on the plane and the flight attendant told me I couldn't put it in there as I didn't pay for the storage space and I had to keep it in front of me. Even though there were open spaces and no one else boarding the plane. I will personally never fly this airline again as they are not cheaper than there competitors and they are far less customer orientated than other flights in their price range.
RouteFSD to LAS
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"thank you to those two women"

On September 11, we left Pittsburgh to Punta Cana, an hour and a half late. During the flight (#7000) I experienced low blood sugar. The head flight attendant and the attendant working with her at the front of the plane, did everything they could and everything that I asked to get me through the episode. I thanked them at the end of the flight, for all they did, but I just wanted to go public with my sincere thank you to those two women.
RoutePIT to PUJ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff have always been courteous"

Orlando Sanford to St Louis. I fly Allegiant at least 4 times a year and fly my children and grandchildren on Allegiant when they come to visit. I also recommend Allegiant to family and friends who come to visit as well. I usually pay at least half of what the major airlines charge and that includes my checked baggage. I have only encountered one long delay and that was when I flew to Memphis. We were offered an $8 voucher for a bite to eat and $50 off our next flight. Quite frankly I did not expect that but pleased with the offer. The seats are not plush but are not uncomfortable either and my flights are usually no longer than 2 hours. The seats could use some extra padding but I am thankful they do not recline - it is a definite plus not to have the person in front of you practically lying on your lap. I am happy with paying under $200 for a round trip and $2.00 for a soda instead of getting a free soda and snack and paying over $400 for the ticket. The staff have always been courteous and try to accommodate passengers. My biggest concern is safety and pleased to report every take off and landing has been smooth. Since Allegiant flies out of smaller airports there is far less congestion and waiting.
RouteSFB to BLV
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"never again will I fly Allegiant"

You get what you pay for. Never again will I fly Allegiant. Checked in online on 7/3 for a 7/4 flight with my 8-year-old son. Got a text at 11:30pm that night that the flight was cancelled. They offered no additional information and it was impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. I finally had to purchase two tickets on Southwest to get home the next day. When they finally rebooked me, it was for a flight late in the day on the 5th so we'd miss 4th of July. Additionally it took them 2.5 hours to provide any kind of flight information - by then I had already spent $800 on rebooking. Never again. Yes, Allegiant is cheaper than any other airline, but there's a reason for that.
RouteROC to FLL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"shocked by just how horrible the flight was"

Flew from Rockford to Las Vegas. When American announced that it was getting rid of its MD-80 series planes, I knew it was time for the old jets to go but would miss them. When Allegiant took possession, they took those nice, old style first class seats, along with the rest of the seats, and crammed cheap, flimsy and narrow pieces of plastic where they used to be. Having never flown Allegiant, I was shocked by just how horrible the flight was. Instead of "if we can make your flight better, let us know," the prevailing message was "our job is to talk down to you," as they so politely mentioned how their job was to keep us safe, not comfortable, prior to takeoff, in addition to giving an intercom lecture on alcohol use. Giving a vendor a discount on a few tickets got me to Vegas, but the most important thing was a lesson on how to never fly Allegiant.
AircraftMD-80
RouteRFD to LAS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"never fly Allegiant again"

Greenville SC to Clearwater FL. Flight was scheduled to depart at 8:30 pm and arrive at 10pm. Enrolled in text notifications, in the event the flight was delayed. Got to the airport and flight was "on time". Before boarding time, was informed from allegiant employee working on the tarmac, that the plane was still in Clearwater and should be departing in 15 minutes. They were hopeful to have us out by 10pm. The great news...you get a"free" water, coke or sprite! At 1045 we boarded and we're on our way to florida. The flight arrived at 12:30 a.m. Heading back to Greenville today. Flight scheduled to depart at 6pm. Was informed it would be about 15 minutes late. 15 minutes later was informed it was headed to Orlando to refuel and would be in around 45 minutes later. 5 minutes after that announcement was informed it would be about 2 more hours. I will never fly Allegiant again. This also happened to my daughter in July. Both ways for her as well.
RouteGSP to PIE
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"good value for the money"

Fort Lauderdale to Asheville. I fly Allegiant monthly and recommend it. The website has made improvements and once one becomes accustomed to it, booking is easy. One problem is customer service via phone. Very difficult to get through. Flights in the early am are least likely to be delayed. It's a good value for the money.
AircraftMD-80
RouteFLL to AVL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"economical value flight"

Verified Review | Orlando to Richmond. Can't beat the price! Only complaint is cost for bags should be round trip if have round trip ticket, not per flight. Economical value flight, not luxury. Pilots and staff friendly. Fly to smaller airports, which depending on trip, can be more of a hassle. As much leg room as other airlines. Will fly again.
RouteSFB to RIC
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"smallest seats I have ever seen"

Indianapolis to Las Vegas with Allegiant Air. I tried this airline for a week trip to Las Vegas. The price was good so why not. Just as I was ready to leave for the airport a message pops up on my phone that the plane was delayed 3 hours. I was still at home so just sat back down and watched TV. Second, on the way to the airport I got another message that the plane is further delayed another hour. Since I was most of the way there I just went on and waited in the airport. Finally the plane arrived and I was boarded for the 3.5 hour flight to Las Vegas. A big guy came to sit next to me. These seats are the smallest seats I have ever seen on an airplane. He spread out over his seat and 1/3 of mine. I thought I will just recline and sleep on the way to Vegas. Wrong, the seats don't recline. They are mostly hard plastic and not well padded (I could feel the supports in my back). This was the 3.5 hour flight from hell. I didn't look forward to getting on that plane at the end of the week to get back home. If you want to pick your seat you have to pay $24 each way for that. And if you have more than a personal item they charge you another $45 for a carry on and even more for a checked bag. There is no free drink service on these flights. They charge you for everything. I booked my rental car though the airline when I was purchasing my ticket and paid for it with the ticket. When I picked up the car at the rental company they also charged me $51 for something with no explanation. I could have waited and bought the rental at Las Vegas for what I paid the airline and this extra charge. never again. So, here I am at the end of the week ready to fly back home. I'm at the airport waiting 10 minutes before the boarding time when they tell everyone that there is a 90 minute delay due to a crew member that isn't there. About 60 minutes into this delay they finally start boarding and after everyone has boarded we sit there and sit there another 40 minutes. I asked what we were waiting on and was told the flight crew member was still not there. Finally about after another 10 minutes this girl come strolling on the plane as if nothing is wrong. They finally push the plane away and we leave for the uneventful 3.5 hour flight home.
AircraftMD80
RouteIND to LAS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"wish I had read the reviews"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Honolulu with Allegiant Air. No seats recline on the plane. They charge for carry on. Charge for everything - water, cokes, food, nothing is free. No internet. No movies. How do you have a plane where not one seat reclines on a 5 hour flight? Flight attendants do nothing except try to sell you food and drinks. Will never fly them after this. We asked for wheelchair assistance at end of flight but they had none - another airline helped us and got us that help. Again, how hard can this be when you request it with your tickets? We were lucky that we were on time going. Wish I had read the reviews before and would have paid more for another airline.
RouteLAX to HNL