Allegiant Air

"just say no to Allegiant"

Verified Review | This is my second-and last time-I will ever bother with booking Allegiant. The flight was 2 hours late arriving in and leaving from Missoula. I was in one of the airport concessions and was visiting with the person working there. She said that this was not an isolated incident-this flight is delayed on a weekly basis. I chose Allegient because I could get a cheap round trip flight to Montana. But once the carry on baggage fees, the cost of buying a seat assignment, the taxes and the weekly parking cost of leaving my car at an inconvenient airport because Allegient only flies out of off-the-beaten-track airports, turns out the price is comparable to flying just about any other airline. I'm 5'7" and my knees hit the seat in front of me. There is nothing free on Allegient-no beverages or snacks unless you buy them. Just say no to Allegiant.
RouteMissoula to Oakland

"book with someone else"

Verified Review | Not worth my time or money. My Allegiant Air flight from Cleveland to Punta Gorda was delayed for 7 hours! We were given a $50 voucher for a later flight booking, but I was told that I would have to cancel my return flight to use the voucher for that. I cancelled my return flight, but they would not refund my credit card, they just issued a second travel voucher for a future flight. I'll probably not be flying within the year and it will expire, and certainly not with Allegiant. Passengers were given a food voucher, but then told by the vendors that they don't accept Allegiant vouchers because they don't pay them back. Book with someone else. Seriously. You have been warned!
RouteCleveland to Punta Gorda
Date FlownAugust 2017

"never been so irritated"

Verified Review | Appleton to St. Pete–Clearwater . I bought these tickets for my son and for my mother to bring him back after spending summer in wisconsin and I have never been so irritated with an airline. Yes, cheap tickets not worth the delay and stress. The plane was supposed to leave at 9am they left at 1/.45pm were on and off the plane 4 times before actually leaving. I tried calling customer service to see what the hold up is and waiting 50 min and still no answer from a real person. Never again will we fly with them.
RouteAppleton to St. Pete–Clearwater
Date FlownAugust 2017

"so rude right from the start"

Verified Review | New Orleans to Pittsburgh. I have flown Allegiant three round-trips. Delayed or canceled every time. I used them more than once because they are the only airline with nonstop service from New Orleans to Pittsburgh. This latest experience was the worst. My boyfriend was visiting from Australia. We booked a flight on Allegiant to Pittsburgh to visit my sister. At 4am I get a text that the flight was canceled. No reason why. I called to see what they can do for us and spent almost an hour on hold. I finally get through to someone who was so rude right from the start. She would not help with hotel vouchers (we had to be out of our vacation rental that night and had another one booked for when we returned). I asked her to transfer me to her manager/supervisor, she said she didn't have one and disconnected me. I spent another hour on hold to get through to someone else (much kinder than the first but not great). She gave me the option of flying to another city and driving to Pittsburgh but could not give me a refund. I had to call back to confirm if we would take this option because I had to talk with my sister and my boyfriend. We decided to do fly to the other city but they refused give us any kind of voucher or discount for a rental car. The new flight for Cleveland was delayed as well. Neither the ticket counter to the counter at the gate had anyone there. Our flight home was delayed and the flight attendants on both flights were horribly obnoxious and rude. They issued a$100 voucher for our inconvenience but I did not find that acceptable considering how awful the ordeal was. I emailed several times, no answer. I called (with another 30 minutes on hold) to be told that I had to email my complaint. It has been 3 months and still no responses.
RouteNew Orleans to Pittsburgh
Date FlownMay 2017

"it's like a circus"

Verified Review | Allegiant Air flights are cheap, but their planes are never ready, and you aren't going to depart on time. They prepare for take off. Then, taxi to the runway. Then, return to the gate. Then, do a computer reset. Then, Prepare for take off again. Every time I've flown them, it's like a circus. Here's an idea: How about checking the plane before departure?
RoutePhoenix to Provo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"the seats were extremely cramped"

Verified Review | I flew from Austin, Texas to Cincinnati, Ohio through Allegiant. I chose Allegiant because they have a non-stop flight from Austin to Cincinnati and it seemed convenient. When I got to Cincinnati my flight landed at 10.33pm. I left the gate and immediately went to baggage claim and double checked with the Allegiant that I was waiting in the right spot. It took a minute for me to get their attention because the employees were in mid conversation with each other. I waited for about an hour and a half and began to get worried because that's a long time to be waiting for a bag. So at around midnight I went to the Allegiant help desk but there was no one there. I was able to chase down one of the employees as they were leaving to go home I imagine and she was very short and irritated that I was asking about my bag. I have flown a lot and I've never had to wait for a bag for so long so naturally I was worried. One of the other employees was walking by with my bag headed towards the desk so I went and claimed it and asked her where it was. She also was very irritated and said "I pulled it off the carousel" and walked away. The staff were very rude, the seats were extremely cramped, and waiting for a bag for an hour and a half is ridiculous. I chose Allegiant because the non-stop flight was convenient but I will never fly with them again based solely on how rude the desk help was and the long wait for my luggage. I will gladly pay the extra money through a different airline.
RouteAustin to Cincinnati
Date FlownJuly 2017

"issued me a baggage credit"

Verified Review | Belleville to Punta Gorda. Allegiant issued me a baggage credit in Nov 2016. Went to use credit and it is hidden in a drop down arrow where you need yo type it in. If you do not click the drop down arrow, you will never have the opportunity to type in the voucher credit. It is very easy to over look. Appears the intent if Allegiant. If they wanted you to use it, they would make it visible with out having to click the down arrow. This is what happeed to us. We booked anyway due to we did not want to lose the price. Called customer service, takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to speak to a representative. Once through, they said it was too late and thanked me for my donation as they would not re-issue my voucher.
RouteBelleville to Punta Gorda
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Worst airline I have flown"

Verified Review | Kansas City to Las Vegas. Worst airline I have ever flown with. Flight delayed both ways for hours. Could not get bags from airport for almost two hours- supervisor refused to explain why or even meet with people. Customer service representatives were rude and used foul language when interacting with customers. Maintenance issues on the second flight - kept telling us 15 more minutes -- no air -- rudest flight attendants I have ever encountered.
RouteKansas City to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I won't be using them again"

Verified Review | Tulsa to Baltimore. I paid roughly $214 for my upcoming flight to include cancellation insurance. Sure enough, I had to cancel and received a voucher of $131! Not only did I not get my money back but they gave me a voucher for only a percentage of what I paid. What was the point in purchasing insurance? Their website wasn't working when I originally tried to book my flight online so I called to make my reservation. After waiting on hold for 46 minutes at 10:00 at night I someone finally answered and I was charged $30 to book over the phone. I won't be using them again!
RouteTulsa to Baltimore
Date FlownJune 2017

"Horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Arrived at Pittsburgh early this morning for flight scheduled to Tampa Bay. We boarded the plane and after a long delay, all passengers were asked to exit the plane. Allegiant staff alerted passengers to expect an hour delay. After several hours of waiting, they cancelled the flight! They stayed we could pick up our baggage up downstairs and that they would not be rescheduling the flight. Horrible customer service. Do not use this airline.
RoutePittsburgh to Tampa Bay