Vote Now

Allegiant Air

"not use Allegiant Air again"

Verified Review | My flights each way (from New Orleans to Raleigh) were delayed for maintenance issues. The numerous Fees charged exceeded cost of flight. Will not use Allegiant Air again even though it is a direct flight. I thought this would be a good alternative but without time or money saved, better off flying a trusted brand.
RouteNew Orleans to Raleigh
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"nothing positive to say"

Verified Review | Ogden to Phoenix Mesa. I have nothing positive to say. This airline caused me to miss my grandmother's funeral due to lack of appropriate planning and communication on their part. After a whole day spent at the airport, being told the plane would be leaving at 1, then 3, then 4.30, then 6. What was originally supposed to be a 10:25 am departure, ended up in a wasted day, tears, and heartache. In the end, I ended up not going at all because I had already missed the funeral that started at 5pm. They refunded my money and gave me a $50 voucher for another time. To me, this does not even begin to make up for the heartache and stress they caused me and my family today. I am so severely disappointed in how this airline handled the issue. They didn't update the flight info, they waited for hours to update anyone and they were only offering flight vouchers but no refunds. They only refunded me due to the severity of my situation.
RouteOgden to Phoenix Mesa
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"definitely give them another shot"

Verified Review | Memphis to Las Vegas. I had a very mixed experience with Allegiant. First, our flight was delayed, but they emailed and texted us almost 2 hours before to let us know that would be the case. It happens, we appreciated the heads up. We were a little disappointed by the absolute now frills and nickel and diming that the airline does, but that's what you get with a low cost airline. Our big hiccup came when we landed in Las Vegas and found out that our bags had not been loaded on the plane. That meant that my wife and I, and our 3 year old and 1 year old had nothing (Due to charging for carry-on's we chose just to check everything). We were on vacation for 10 days and it took them 7 days to get our bags and car seats to us. But before I condemn anyone, Allegiant did right by us. They told us to go out and buy what we needed and they would reimburse us. Obviously we were skeptical, especially as the days went on without us getting our bags or car seats. But when all was said and done, they did reimburse us and we got a weeks worth of clothes out of it. It wasn't an amazing experience, but they did what they could to make it right. I'd definitely give them another shot.
RouteMemphis to Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2016

"would not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Indianapolis. This was my first experience with Allegiant Airlines. Like many others, I was enticed by the so called "low airfares". Soon thereafter I realized that it was all a facade. I had already paid $25 to check a bag and was told I had to pay an extra $50 because my luggage was 5 pounds over the weight limit. So in essence I paid $75 to check one bag. This is absolutely ridiculous! The lady at the ticket counter showed no sympathy whatsoever as she responded in her robotic, uncaring voice. When I got on the plane I realized you have to pay for any snacks-$3 for a small box of M&M's! At one point in the trip, the flight attendant whacked my knee cap quite hard with his service cart, hard enough to make me scream out. He asked if I was all right but continued rolling the cart down the aisle, not even waiting to hear my response. Nor did he even come back and apologize or ask if I was doing OK. And the button to recline my seat was absent, so I remained upright the whole three hours of flight time. I would not recommend this airline to any of my family or friends.
RouteLas Vegas to Indianapolis

"poor customer service"

Verified Review | Concord to New Orleans return. If you are use to flying with a reliable airline this company is not for you. Sure. The flights are cheap. If you are okay with poor customer service, uncomfortable seats, and cancellations that leave you stranded, this airline is for you. After four days in New Orleans our return flight was cancelled. We were told the flight would be rescheduled for the following day but they couldn't confirm when that would flight would depart. After speaking with a customer service representative who stated " I don't know what you want us to do" when I asked about a hotel compensation. I was thoroughly disappointed. Needless to say $316 later (out of pocket) a rental car and ten hours later. My friends and I are almost back home. Oh, and half of us have to return to work in a few hours.
RouteConcord to New Orleans

"had horrible service"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Oakland. This airline was delayed on both routes, and had horrible service. The flight out was delayed 2 hours prior to boarding, then another hour once boarded due to issues "getting the plane started". The flight back was delayed due to another delayed flight "taking our plane". We had to wait for another flight to land and send us back to our destination. Despite what appears to be a cheap ticket, it's not worth the ridiculous fees or the travel disruption.
AircraftMD-80
RouteLas Vegas to Oakland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"filled plane with too much fuel"

Verified Review | Orlando to Concord. Awful experience. Gross negligence and incompetence. Flight was delayed and rerouted to an alternate city because Allegiant filled the plane with too much fuel. Spent an hour sitting in the plane without moving. Terrible communication and rude flight attendants. There was no reimbursement nor restitution for the 2+ hour inconvenience. Recommend never flying Allegiant.
RouteOrlando to Concord
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"what an unpleasant experience"

Verified Review | Allentown to Orlando Sanford. This is my first time flying Allegiant Air. All I can say is what an unpleasant experience. First off they nickel and dime you for everything. Seats, bags, etc. I booked a hotel through them when I purchased my tickets. I then find out the hotel is over an hour away. To take a shuttle through them it would cost over $200 dollars to get to and from the hotel. Then they offer park passes to Universal Studios. So I purchased them. Well the hotel is in Disney the hotel does offer a shuttle to Universal. This was supposed to be a pleasant trip to help us cope with the anniversary of my daughter's death who passed away a year ago. I thought this would be a good thing. But now we can't even take off from Allentown because the plane has a mechanical problem and now we are delayed for hours. I should have flown with United Airlines.
RouteAllentown to Orlando Sanford
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"airline got the job done"

Verified Review | Phoenix to Oakland with Allegiant Air. This airline got the job done. Simple as that. Customer Service over the phone is terrible. I've spent a collective 3 hours trying to get in contact with a representative. Speaking with the workers of Allegiant at the airport, they even confirmed that trying to contact Customer Service over the phone was an average 45 minutes to an hour. Ridiculous. The flight attendants were great people. I would recommend this airline, but only to those who understand that it's not going to be a great experience if they run into issues and need to contact customer service.
RoutePhoenix to Oakland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"stop charging for normal seating"

Verified Review | Tampa Clearwater to Richmond. Allegiant Air should stop charging people for normal seating. Everyone, naturally, chooses the most inexpensive seats. So I'm sitting in this plane that is half empty and everyone is jammed into the back of the plane!! The entire front half of the plane is empty. You have the stewardess monitoring each persons seats. Once the flight was airborne there was a mass exodus as people were finally allowed to redistribute themselves more comfortably throughput the cabin. This is dangerous and stupid!
RouteTampa to Richmond