Vote Now

Allegiant Air

"I always buy the extra perks"

Verified Review | Cincinnati to Las Vegas. I love Allegiant Air, it is great value, with wonderful flight crew and direct flights. I've flown them at least 5 times with no issues. I think some people get put off by some reviews, but for a long weekend somewhere, Allegiant Air is usually always the best value in my opinion, and I always buy the extra perks.
RouteCincinnati to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"worst airline I have flown"

Verified Review | Reno to Las Vegas. By far the worst airline I have flown. I arrived at the airport 1 hour and 30 minutes before my flight was scheduled to take off. When I arrived I asked women to check my back which would've been 30 dollars or so. She then proceeds to tell me they are about to close the gates and that I need to leave and run to my gate. So she refuses to check my bag. I arrive at the gate at about 12:30. 1 hour before my flight is schedule to take off and at the time they were to begin the initial boarding process. The lady at the desk rudely says so I assume your Crystal and the reason we haven't taken flight yet. They then proceed to tell me next time I better arrive early and charge me 50.00 to have one carry-on bag for a 45 minute flight. Do not recommend them at all.
RouteReno to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I am very pleased with Allegiant"

Verified Review | Stewart to St Pete Clearwater. I flew alone with my 3 kids (their first time on a flight, ages 6, 4 and 2). I didn't pay for seat locations so I had them assign our seats. They were great to place us next to each other however I couldn't do online check in. I had to wait at the ticket counter to check in and get charged $5 for each boarding pass to be printed. The plane is no frills but I came prepared with snacks and ipads and crafts for my kids to pass the time. On the return flight we were supposed to get a huge snow storm at home. Allegiant cancelled the flight around 12 pm when our flight was set to leave at 7 am. I received a text and email which was nice and a few minutes after that another one with the new flight info. I was nervous since Allegiant only flies Thursday and Sunday to my destination but they rescheduled it for the following day, Friday. Overall I am very pleased with Allegiant and look forward to flying with them again!
RouteStewart to St Pete Clearwater
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not use Allegiant Air again"

Verified Review | My flights each way (from New Orleans to Raleigh) were delayed for maintenance issues. The numerous Fees charged exceeded cost of flight. Will not use Allegiant Air again even though it is a direct flight. I thought this would be a good alternative but without time or money saved, better off flying a trusted brand.
RouteNew Orleans to Raleigh
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"nothing positive to say"

Verified Review | Ogden to Phoenix Mesa. I have nothing positive to say. This airline caused me to miss my grandmother's funeral due to lack of appropriate planning and communication on their part. After a whole day spent at the airport, being told the plane would be leaving at 1, then 3, then 4.30, then 6. What was originally supposed to be a 10:25 am departure, ended up in a wasted day, tears, and heartache. In the end, I ended up not going at all because I had already missed the funeral that started at 5pm. They refunded my money and gave me a $50 voucher for another time. To me, this does not even begin to make up for the heartache and stress they caused me and my family today. I am so severely disappointed in how this airline handled the issue. They didn't update the flight info, they waited for hours to update anyone and they were only offering flight vouchers but no refunds. They only refunded me due to the severity of my situation.
RouteOgden to Phoenix Mesa
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"definitely give them another shot"

Verified Review | Memphis to Las Vegas. I had a very mixed experience with Allegiant. First, our flight was delayed, but they emailed and texted us almost 2 hours before to let us know that would be the case. It happens, we appreciated the heads up. We were a little disappointed by the absolute now frills and nickel and diming that the airline does, but that's what you get with a low cost airline. Our big hiccup came when we landed in Las Vegas and found out that our bags had not been loaded on the plane. That meant that my wife and I, and our 3 year old and 1 year old had nothing (Due to charging for carry-on's we chose just to check everything). We were on vacation for 10 days and it took them 7 days to get our bags and car seats to us. But before I condemn anyone, Allegiant did right by us. They told us to go out and buy what we needed and they would reimburse us. Obviously we were skeptical, especially as the days went on without us getting our bags or car seats. But when all was said and done, they did reimburse us and we got a weeks worth of clothes out of it. It wasn't an amazing experience, but they did what they could to make it right. I'd definitely give them another shot.
RouteMemphis to Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2016

"would not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Indianapolis. This was my first experience with Allegiant Airlines. Like many others, I was enticed by the so called "low airfares". Soon thereafter I realized that it was all a facade. I had already paid $25 to check a bag and was told I had to pay an extra $50 because my luggage was 5 pounds over the weight limit. So in essence I paid $75 to check one bag. This is absolutely ridiculous! The lady at the ticket counter showed no sympathy whatsoever as she responded in her robotic, uncaring voice. When I got on the plane I realized you have to pay for any snacks-$3 for a small box of M&M's! At one point in the trip, the flight attendant whacked my knee cap quite hard with his service cart, hard enough to make me scream out. He asked if I was all right but continued rolling the cart down the aisle, not even waiting to hear my response. Nor did he even come back and apologize or ask if I was doing OK. And the button to recline my seat was absent, so I remained upright the whole three hours of flight time. I would not recommend this airline to any of my family or friends.
RouteLas Vegas to Indianapolis

"poor customer service"

Verified Review | Concord to New Orleans return. If you are use to flying with a reliable airline this company is not for you. Sure. The flights are cheap. If you are okay with poor customer service, uncomfortable seats, and cancellations that leave you stranded, this airline is for you. After four days in New Orleans our return flight was cancelled. We were told the flight would be rescheduled for the following day but they couldn't confirm when that would flight would depart. After speaking with a customer service representative who stated " I don't know what you want us to do" when I asked about a hotel compensation. I was thoroughly disappointed. Needless to say $316 later (out of pocket) a rental car and ten hours later. My friends and I are almost back home. Oh, and half of us have to return to work in a few hours.
RouteConcord to New Orleans

"had horrible service"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Oakland. This airline was delayed on both routes, and had horrible service. The flight out was delayed 2 hours prior to boarding, then another hour once boarded due to issues "getting the plane started". The flight back was delayed due to another delayed flight "taking our plane". We had to wait for another flight to land and send us back to our destination. Despite what appears to be a cheap ticket, it's not worth the ridiculous fees or the travel disruption.
AircraftMD-80
RouteLas Vegas to Oakland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"filled plane with too much fuel"

Verified Review | Orlando to Concord. Awful experience. Gross negligence and incompetence. Flight was delayed and rerouted to an alternate city because Allegiant filled the plane with too much fuel. Spent an hour sitting in the plane without moving. Terrible communication and rude flight attendants. There was no reimbursement nor restitution for the 2+ hour inconvenience. Recommend never flying Allegiant.
RouteOrlando to Concord