Allegiant Air

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

My family and I have flown with Allegiant Air at least two or three times a year from Cincinnati to Orlando/Sandford (back and forth) for several years now. Until Friday July 24 2015, our complaints have been minimal and at most had delayed departures because the planes weren't there yet! However, as of Friday July 24 2015, my family and I will no longer be flying Allegiant. We had an early flight out (6.45am), had checked in the night before, and arrived at 6.00am to depart as the airport is so small, it never takes more than 10 minutes to check in and get to gate. We couldn't find any signage indicating where to check bags through for Cincinnati and simply got in a line curbside because I had five days earlier experienced the same thing when dropping my son off to fly same route and had been directed there for checking his bag. We got in a fairly slow, long line and just as we reached the check-in attendant, after having been interrupted several times, she made the announcement baggage check in to Cincinnati, and several other cities was inside! We go back inside the Allegiant terminal, get in another line only to find out as we approached counter, we're told baggage check for Cincinnati was in Terminal A and pointed to a different area (one we never knew existed)! The attendant then tells us the flight just closed and we'd have to find another flight home and the fees would be $75 each person to do so. We explained we'd been there in lines trying to figure out where we were to check in and saw no indication Cincinnati was in Terminal A. To top it all off, the flight we were supposed to be on that closed at 6.10 had a thirty minute delayed departure. Had we known prior to arriving, we were to go to a different check in terminal, I would not be wasting my time sharing my negative review. We will be back to using sky miles again which is most likely less expensive in the long run as discount airlines like this one seem to nickel and dime customers anyway!
RouteOrlando/Sandford to Cincinnati

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

Flight from Las Vegas to Boise was scheduled at 4.30, got pushed back 1hr, 1.5hr, 2.5hrs then arrived at the airport where it was delayed an additional 2 hrs due to "Maintenance issues on the flight coming from Fresno" - flight ended up being canceled. Vouchers were given out with a 0$ balance. Next day there were 2 workers checking people in with no sky cap and at least 150 people in line. Flown with them once previously and it was a disaster as well.
RouteLAS to BOI

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

My family flew to Fort Lauderdale and back to Concord on separate flights. My first flight left on time but my sister's flight was scheduled to leave at 9am did not leave until 3.45 pm. On return flight my plan was scheduled to take off at 6 pm, we finally got on the plan after 7 pm and didn't take off until 8.30pm. My sister's return flight was scheduled to take off at 1 pm and didn't take off until 3.30. The customer service is the worst I have experienced.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Concord

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

We live only minutes from Sanford airport but have never had the opportunity to fly out of there. My son and I were looking for flights to North Carolina and searched Allegiant. We made our reservations to fly up on Friday, July 24th returning the evening of July 25th. I was pleased with our flight up to North Carolina. Nothing major to complain about. We did not have checked baggage as our trip was only one night. Around 2.30 Saturday afternoon I received a text stating that our flight had been cancelled and a website link. The link was for their main website and offered no options as to what to do. I immediately got on the phone to call them and had to wait an hour and 10 minutes on hold before someone could pick up. The lady I spoke to simply told me my flight had been cancelled. I responded by saying that's not a problem just put us on the next flight out this evening. I was told that the next flight out would be Monday afternoon (this is Saturday). I was told I could receive a refund for the flight and given no other options. I asked if the company was going to pay for my rental car, hotel and food expenses for the next 2 days. Of course I received no reply.
RouteSanford/Orlando to Concord/Charlotte

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

They promise cheap fares but you end up paying just as much as any other airline. Their "fees" are asinine. Once you pay the "fare" for their flight, you have to pay extra for each bag, including carry on luggage. If you don't pay online ahead of time for your bags you pay significantly higher prices to pay at the airport. You also must pay extra to choose a seat and extra for "priority boarding" and you are charged $5 if you do not print your boarding pass at home. I am sitting at home waiting for my flight, which has been delayed from 8.50pm departure to 10.15 to 10.45. I attempted to call them to find out if I should reasonably expect to leave today at all. I was on hold for 29 minutes, then hung up on. My second call resulted in a 57 minute hold after which I was told "oh sorry" for the hold and assured numerous times that there would be absolutely no further delays. I received two additional texts after that delaying my flight until midnight and then 1am. I am certain it is only a matter of time before it is cancelled completely. I am livid and have no recourse at this point because I don't want to waste many more hours trying to call them back or sitting in the airport waiting for the inevitable cancellation. Spend the extra money to fly elsewhere.
RouteBoise, ID to Las Vegas, NV

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

Staff rude. Delayed plane 3 times before they cancelled. When asking there why all the delays was told it was not my concern and that they would let us know when there would be another flight. Had to sleep at airport with a handicap child. Did not offer a place to stay. Will never fly or recommend.
RoutePittsburgh PA to Jacksonville FL

Review by (United States) 27th July 2015

Allegiant Air has the rudest staff and is always delayed. We were delayed both ways by hours, boarded and de-boarded twice, and then treated badly by customer service representatives when we tried to enquire about expected departure. This situation is normal for this airline and happened the last three times we flown with them. Never again!
RouteFresno to Las Vegas

Review by (United States) 26th July 2015

I was a nervous wreck for 2 weeks leading up to this trip due to the horrible reviews. This flight was delayed approx 30 min. Boarding was fast and efficient. Crew was friendly, not overly nice, not rude. Flight was uneventful. Would I fly again? I will let you know after the return flight Aug 1st. I had no horrible complaints but no rave reviews either. You get what you pay for.
RouteCAK to Myrtle Beach

Review by (United States) 25th July 2015

Flew out of Fresno on a business trip with work, there was 14 of us in total. I arrived at airport two hours before departure, little did I know that we wouldn't leave for another 7 hours from expected departure. I was supposed to arrive in Vegas at 8pm Wednesday night, arrived in Vegas at 2.30 am Thursday morning. When departing Las Vegas on Friday airline was on time! But it was too good to be true, due to mechanical failures we sat on the tarmac for almost three hours.
RouteFresno, CA to Las Vegas, Nevada

Review by (Canada) 25th July 2015

My first and probably last trip with this airline. The ground personal in both airports were inefficient and rude. At time of booking I advised of a wheelchair requirement. It was not offered at either airport and non were available. I attempted to check in online without success, so when I got to the airport I was charged $10.00 for a boarding pass. When I advised of my inability to check in online, I was told that was my problem. The return trip was delayed for 1 hour while we sat on the plane. The cabin personnel were very hospitable and helped offset some of the other negatives but not enough to get me to fly Allegiant again.
AircraftMD-80