Allegiant Air

Review by (United States) 7th July 2015

Allegiant Air has become known as the delay airline. Two (2) hour delay leaving St. Petersburg, 45 minute delay leaving Knoxville on my return flight. I have used this airline countless times over the years, and have even recommended it to friends. This was by far my worst experience flying. First they nickel and dime you for everything, including $5.00 to print a boarding pass, if you don’t spend the money to down load their app. The lady at the ticket counter in St. Petersburg was really just rude, the seats are cramped and not really that comfortable.
RouteSt. Petersburg, Florida to Knoxville, Tennessee

Review by (United States) 7th July 2015

Flown this airline several times from Clearwater to Des Moines and back. Started using Allegiant 5 years ago when we moved to Florida. In the early days, it was on time, convenient, and seemed to have few mechanical problems. Not so any more. Their increasing habit of nickel and diming their passengers to death is just annoying. Tried to add a carry-on bag and the app wouldn't work so they charged me $50 at the airport. Called customer service, waited 1.5 hours and they would not refund the $50. Next trip to DSM = Southwest.
RoutePIEto DSM

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

I usually fly Delta or Southwest. Despite the reviews I thought I would give Allegiant Air a try. Left from Tampa/St Petersburg. Arrived 1.5 hr ahead of time (yes, saw the 2 hr suggestion but always get through bag drop in 30 min). It took 45 mins to wait in line to drop bags. Just in adequate staff. We had to upgrade one of the bags we already paid for. Got through security just fine but the gate agent threatened to close the boarding door on my wife as I finished in security 20 mins before the flight left. We ended up being delayed leaving the gate because of a technical problem with the lavatory. The attendants yelled at several passengers because the did not put their phones away. They still use the old rule that all devices have be off during takeoff and landing. Not so good for kids. The fair was cheep but by the time you pay for bags and seats and show up early enough, just not worth it
RoutePIE to IND

Review by (United States) 5th July 2015

I used to fly this airline and always said it was a great little airline. No more. My 2.5 hour trip from St. Pete to Rockford, IL took about 10 hours and two separate aircraft. First plane was brought back to the gate from the taxi way with "mechanical issues". After waiting another 5 hours for a second aircraft, the pilot aborted take off. Ground crews at both airports were very rude - that is if you could even find anyone with an Allegiant name tag, lol! As my final destination was Wisconsin, I chose Allegiant to Rockford to save on driving time once I had arrived. Never again.
AircraftMD80
RoutePIE to RFD

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

I spontaneously bought bargain tickets on Allegiant, then read numerous negative reviews. After reading those, I was very uneasy about flying Allegiant to Florida, especially with two young children. Our non-stop round trip from Columbus to Fort Lauderdale was one of the easiest experiences that I've had with an airline. The price was half of the competition, all flights were on schedule, the planes were clean, and staff were courteous. The plane's seats were not plush, but were more than adequate in size. We will be flying with Allegiant again!
AircraftAirbus
RouteColumbus, Ohio to Fort Lauderdale

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

July 22, 2015 Allegiant Air's Flight 548 (LAS-BIL) was delayed 5hrs. Aircraft finally at departure gate A12 and passengers were informed by Gate Agents that boarding would commence as soon as replacement Flight Crew arrived. Passengers stood in boarding line for 1/2 hour when Gate Agents redirected passengers to gate A14, where there was no aircracft. Same gate Agent announced to passengers at gate A10, in line to go to Eugene OR. that their new gate of departure would be A12. Allegiant Air gave the aircraft away and cancelled ultimately cancelled Fight 548. Allegiant Air gave no reasons for cancellation and did not provide commodations or alternate air travel for that date. Fare refunded for that segment.
RouteLas Vegas NV to Billings MT

Review by (Canada) 3rd July 2015

Plane was delayed because of a mechanical problem, fixed it, took off and had to return to Vegas because of overheating on the engines. We were told there was another plane flying in from Stockton to replace this one at 5pm. Plane from Stockton did not come, we were given $8.00 food voucher, by that time only place open was Burger King. We were told we would be put up in hotels for the night. Our group's hotel was never confirmed in the end we had to find our own hotel and transportation, there was no communication at all, we were just left. We finally got to our hotel around 11pm that night. Next day we were suppose to be on a special flight at 5:10pm and home by 7:45pm. They boarded us late then we had to get back off the plane because there was a fuel leak. We finally took off at 6:30pm - not recommended!
RouteLas Vegas to Bellingham

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

My flight was scheduled to depart at 7.30 am. Now it's 2.15 pm and we're still waiting for the plane, they changed planes because the original had mechanical problems that they didn't realize until after we boarded. The funny thing about all of this is that I took the same flight last fall and was delayed 6 hours because they diverted our flight to a charter. They only reason why I booked a trip with them again is because they gave me travel vouchers. It was not worth it. If you read this, don't book a flight with them or if you do, expect a high probability of delays.
Aircraft757
RouteLas Vegas, NV to Austin, TX

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

The boarding was delayed by 40 min followed by sitting in the aircraft for almost 2 hours. I booked this flight as I wanted to reach NY early for the July long weekend but by the time the floght started, it was already the time I should have landed. Please don't book by being fooled into the cheaper fares, it is not worth it.
RouteTampa to Stewart

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

I hear all sorts of complaints with Allegiant Air online and my personal experiences with this airline have all be very positive. Besides getting the best fare, I only end up paying for what I want. All employees I've had contact with have been pleasant, helpful and courteous. No, you don't get a free bag, a free carry-on, a free soda or any other complimentary items. If you want them you pay for it. I'd always been a fan of Southwest, due to their renegade ways in bringing down the cost of flights, but Allegiant has beaten them at their own game. While I'd be willing to put up with some issue for the sort of savings I get from this carrier, but as of this date, I have no complaints with Allegiant Air.
AircraftMD-80