Alitalia

(Italy)

Rome - Chicago June 21st Business Class. Plane was an A330 almost new. The "Magnifica class" is very comfortable the seats are spacious the food is excellent. The entertainment system was good. The problem was the staff. We were diverted to Detroit because O'Hare was closed for a thunderstorm. The problem is that we were left alone in the Detroit airport for about 7 hours without any kind of news or assistance. The crew just disappeared with no explanation. Very unprofessional!

Alitalia customer review

I flew YYZ-FCO. Boarding was chaotic and the flight delayed by poor organization. The plane was old - dirty panels falling off the bathroom walls and bathroom doors that wouldn't close. The "entertainment system" was of the old tiny-dropdown-screen variety and even half of these didn't work. There were two functioning music channels. Food was appalling - and I'm not that picky on airlines. An inedible leathery over-microwaved "pasta" dinner and a "breakfast" that consisted of a tiny carton of yoghurt a small cup of watery lukewarm coffee and a pack of Oreos. The flight attendant sighed and said "the staff complains all the time but until passengers complain more loudly they won't do anything." A shame.

Alitalia customer review

Chicago to Naples: No place to keep baggage / tight seats / no inflight entertainment / seating area lights (above each seats) were not working. Flight crew disinterested. All in all - I tried to save some money and instead got pennies worth of service for a few dollars less. Naples to Mumbai: just about the same - dirty seats food was not up to the meal request I made. Insolent staff. Toiletries for the rest-room were consciously missing and in spite of passenger complaints to the same - they were not replenished just because they weren't loaded in the first place. It was a 1 hr transit.

(Brazil)

Sao Paulo to Nice (connection in Rome) on the business class (AZ0675 14 June returning AZ335 22 June). Airplane was broken and the only person available to give any information took hours to let us know what was going on. The next flight was the next day at 7am. When we arrived in Rome we had missed our connection we had to pick up our luggage and take a bus to a hotel. Nobody was there to help us. On the flight back to SP there was an electrical problem the seat didn't work so I spent 6 hours with a broken seat and didn't get any sleep at all. The movies were old.

(Russian Federation)

FCO-LED. Alitalia has one of the best services I've tried. The airplane was new all seats was comfortable and provided by personal TV staff were very polite. We landed 30 minutes in advance. Recommended!

Alitalia customer review

Tel Aviv to Rome on an A321 business class May 20th. Seats are tight middle seat not used in business class. Plane was dirty. Back of seat showed streaks from spilled food/beverages. Even before plane took off I went to the rest room behind the cockpit. It smelled terrible. After takeoff staff rushed to hand out drinks and food and then set the rest of the trip. For a 4 hour flight there was no in flight entertainment. I will never fly them again.

Alitalia customer review

My husband and I travelled to Europe for the very first time and Italy was our choice destination. From Chicago they told us that we had to be in separate seats and of course we protested since we booked months in advance after a few searches they said they found a couple of seats further back in the plane. Onboard we realized that it was one of the oldest planes we've been on complete with ashtray dingy carpet and upholstery and green TVs that drop overhead once we took off. I got a broken seat that made me sink lower in it! Flight was full so I had to endure it for 8.5 hours. Reading light was not working. As for the staff I wouldn't say they are the nicest people but doing their best. Upon landing at FCO in Rome we walked out into the tarmac took a bus walked a not so bad distance to baggage claim then it took 1.5 hrs for our one piece of luggage to come out. We already started dreading the flight back but we were just thrilled to finally be in Italy.

Alitalia customer review

Chicago to Rome to Naples. From Chicago they put us on a very old Air One plane. Seat comfort almost non- existent there was no padding they were so old the seats and carpet were dirty old and unravelling at the edges. One of the worst flights I've been on. Flight from Rome to Naples very nice clean and comfortable. I guess Alitalia doesn't think you need to be comfortable on a 8-10 hour flight. I'll never use them again.

Alitalia customer review

Trip of a lifetime to Rome. They got us there and back safely so I guess that counts as something. Customer service is horrible. We booked 7 months in advance to have 2 seats together in the Classica Plus. Arrived at JFK and told we were sitting separately. They changed the plane. Ended up sitting together in the middle row (with 2 other people) and the seats were so uncomfortable. Flight attendants were rude. Flight home also brought unpleasant faces. Given access to the VIP lounge. Food was pretty decent snacks were non-existent and restrooms not that clean.

Alitalia customer review

Business Class from Rome to Buenos Aires was simply dreadful. No separate business class boarding - just had to join the scrum. Lounge in Rome was overcrowded hot smelly and had no food except for 3 bowls of cold rice for which they had at least provided a public microwave. Food onboard was no better. Despite flamboyant trolley service only the lukewarm pasta in tomato sauce was edible. The veal main course was tough and the vegetables tasted of chemicals. Incredibly Alitalia carry no gin vodka or whisky on board - only wine and a few cheap Italian liqueurs. The inflight entertainment simply did not work at all - which is a serious problem on a 13 hour flight. Breakfast was a hard roll and a dry croissant and a pot of inedible cherry jam. We were hungry when we landed. Throughout the crew were arrogant and offhand only really interested in chatting amongst themselves. All in all the worst business class experience I have had.