Alitalia

"everything was perfect"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Cairo via Rome and Alitalia was really nice. I was impressed by the quality of service. The only problem was that they don't have any in-flight entertaining , other than that everything was perfect.
RoutePrague to Cairo via Rome

"Really improved experience"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Rome to Buenos Aires. Alitalia's premium class service improved significantly in the last years. Alitalia Lounge (Casa Alitalia) in Rome Fumicino is far from what you expect for a Business Class Lounge, they still have to work on it. On the plane, the renovated Magnifica Class seats on the Boeing 777-200 are really comfortable and recline 180 degrees. Seat massage is standard and IFE has to be improved (few movies for a 14hr flight and most of them could only be seen in italian). Professional and attentive crew. They walk through the cabin during the flight asking passengers if everything is OK. Food service is awesome, four course dinner. Amenity kit from Bulgari is fine, the only thing missing, an Alitalia pen. Really improved experience.
RouteRome to Buenos Aires
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"This is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Missed my connection to Cairo because my United Airlines flight was late getting into London. To get me to Cairo faster. They switched my flight to Alitalia and this is where my nightmare began. I flew from Heathrow and transferred in Rome to Cairo Egypt. Before I boarded my flight I went to the desk to make sure my suitcase had been transferred to the flight. The gate attendant looked on the computer and said yes your bag is on board. I then boarded the flight transferred in London and made it too my final destination Cairo. The flight from Rome to Cairo was very rocky and I couldn't wait too get off that plane. I then proceeded to baggage claim to pick up my suitcase. Every bag came out and mine was no where to be found. I started to panic because I was meeting friends in Cairo and we were on a 14 day trip to Egypt, Israel and Jordon. I went to look for baggage office and there was know one there except a lady giving out paper missing luggage reports. No computers nothing. I pleaded with her that this was an emergency and I needed to get my suitcase back immediately because I was on a 14 day international trip. She assured me my bag would be on the next flight and they would immediately send my bag to my hotel in Cairo. I felt relieved went to my hotel two days passed no bags no nothing. I tried calling the number on missing luggage report that she gave me know one answered. Tour guides,manager of hotel everyone tried calling to get my luggage back. Finally I realized they gave me a number that wasn't being answered at all. I had another flight and went back to Cairo to file a police report. I reported my luggage stolen because the airline gave me false contact info. I had to borrow clothes from my friends I was traveling with. Buy clothes from street markets when I could. I was stressed out but still hoping they would return my luggage well long story short. Alitalia airlines kept my luggage the whole 14 days I was traveling. My bag was finally returned to me when I got back to USA. It was twenty five days later. I had put a card on my luggage with my contact info it had my name home phone number, address and email address. They never contacted me at all instead they let my luggage sit in a luggage room the whole time with my info on it. What did I get from this airline. They said we're sorry you were inconvinced. To date I have received nothing no compensation for severely disrupting my dream vacation. This is the worst airline on the planet. I wouldn't trust them with anything. Don't give them your bags. They lose bags and don't care.
RouteLondon to Cairo via Rome

"very efficient indeed"

Trip Verified | I flew from Milan Linate to Palermo with Alitalia. This was my second Alitalia flight of the day. I found the boarding very efficient. The cabin crew were mostly older men and not friendly. I observed how Italian passengers were treated in a more friendly and amicable manner than non-Italians. The interior of the aircraft was very clean and the cup of coffee was much appreciated. The flight arrived on-time and my bag was quickly delivered.
RouteMilan to Palermo

"the flight was smooth"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Wasn’t bad at all! I was really preparing for the worst after reading some terrible reviews but the flight was smooth and seats not too uncomfortable. I’m an incredibly nervous flyer and was crying during boarding and take off but the staff were very kind and helpful. The food was bad though, and entertainment system subpar and outdated and the flight from Rome to London had nothing at all. However it was a very smooth flight and my baggage arrived safely too. Satisfied! I hope the return trip with Alitalia goes as well.
RouteTokyo to London via Rome
Date FlownApril 2018

"unacceptable service from Alitalia"

Trip Verified | Business Class from London to New Delhi via Rome and this was the worst C class product I have seen. Check-in at LHR took 25 minutes as economy class passengers were served at the C class check-in. During the first flight there was no pre-departure drink offered. The meal served after take off was the smallest I've seen and inedible. I did not see an FA for the remaining of the flight. I had to push the call button to get some water that came in a plastic cup. Plane landed with some blinds closed and items on the floor on first row as there was no pre-landing cabin check. The flight to Delhi was worse. We were served a small meal soon after take off and for about 4.5 hours I did not see an FA in the cabin. I wanted a snack and a drink mid flight and pushed the call button 4 times within 2 hours - no one turned up. About an hour before landing we were served another small meal. Most of the options on their menu apparently did not exist, so I ended up having some bread and fruits. This is unacceptable service from Alitalia.
AircraftA321 / A330-200
RouteLondon to Delhi via Rome
Date FlownMarch 2018

"skip Alitalia at all costs"

Trip Verified | Tehran to Toronto via Rome. I thought North American airlines were the worst but both flights on Alitalia were terrible. Particularly the flight from Tehran, the aircraft was extremely old, staff terrible and they skipped us for drinks. The food was a terrible cheese sandwich and seats super tight with no screens. The aircraft to Toronto was better and the staff nicer. Food was terrible and it's the first time I've seen an airline save on butter and water. Unless you want to see Rome and no other airline can take you, skip Alitalia at all costs.
RouteTehran to Toronto via Rome
Date FlownApril 2018

"only two rounds with drinks"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Miami to Rome. This is the worst airline I have travelled with. The only positive I can mention is the ground service in Miami, after this everything was only getting worse. Cabin crew was unfriendly and unhelpful, there was only two rounds with drinks during entire almost 10 hour flight, no snacks between dinner and breakfast. During the dinner service cabin crew forgot about me and I had to go after service to ask for a dinner for myself. The food was so terrible that after the dinner I thought that skipping me during the dinner service wasn't the worst thing that happened. Toilets were very dirty.
RouteMiami to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2018

"not worth this nightmare"

Trip Verified | My boyfriend and I flew Alitalia Miami to Rome and our luggage did not make it to Rome with us. We filed a claim at FCO and were assured our luggage would be delivered to us where we were staying in Venice. We spent our entire time in Venice either trying to contact them or being available for them to contact us to let us know when to expect our luggage. Every person we talked to gave us different information ("the bags should be delivered tonight," 2 hours later "one bag is in Rome but we don't know about the other," 2 hours later "both bags are still in Miami," etc.), but all assured us that our bags would be delivered to us. It wasn't until the night before we were supposed to leave Venice that we were informed that we would have to go pick up our luggage ourselves from the Venice airport. Because the lost and found office at the Venice airport doesn't open until 10AM, this meant missing our 9:30AM train to Florence which we'd already bought tickets for, and having to spend 30 euros on roundtrip tickets to the Venice airport plus buying 100 euro replacement train tickets to Florence. Since we've been back home, Alitalia has been just as useless. I was told the office that handles delayed baggage claims has no phone number, and it takes roughly 3 days to get a canned email response from them. Alitalia is refusing to reimburse us for the bus tickets to the Venice airport and the replacement train tickets to Florence we had to buy, because according to them we could have elected to not pick up our bags and just have them shipped to us back home in the states, clearly not a real option. My boyfriend is a graduate student and I work for a nonprofit; we got an amazing deal on these flights to Italy and saved up for 5 months for this trip. Any money we may have saved was negated by Alitalia's negligence. I have never experienced worse customer service in my life, and would advise anyone to avoid flying with Alitalia at all costs. While the flight experience itself was actually one of the better transatlantic flights I've taken, it was obviously not worth this nightmare. We had a tight connection coming from Atlanta to Miami via Delta so I understand the delayed luggage, but the way they handled the situation is absolutely unacceptable.
RouteMiami to Rome

"the cancellation policy"

Trip Verified | New York to Albania via Rome. I reserved my flight a month ago and asked about the cancellation policy. I was charged extra so if I needed to I could cancel. 2 days before the flight I has a family pass away and could not make the flight. I called the company and I was encountered by the most heartless woman. She refused to help and hung up on me when I asked for the call to be escalated. I wish I would of never booked with them.
RouteNew York to Albania via Rome