Alitalia

Review by (United States) 26th June 2015

The cabin was staffed with quite a few FAs and we were told that the F&B manager was on board making sure that the service was up to standard for their new something or other ... it was a long spiel. Cabin seemed new, leather and seats reclined nearly but not completely flat. Food was a disaster and my expectations had been raised by the greeting. I ordered the veal (a mistake) and it was tough as I expected but the sauce that was on it was so salty that it was inedible. My traveling partner did not eat as he was asleep. When I asked for something else, I was told that only pre-made cheese plates were left and they all have blue cheese on them to which I am allergic. After that, it seemed that everyone was busy and no beverages or anything else was offered for the remaining four hours of the flight. When the plane was landing, I was asked for feedback and I said that I was hungry since they had no other food. The FA said they did have more food, and offered me something but at that point the trays had to be stowed, etc. I am not sure why this was handled so poorly, I was polite and understand that the crew does not make the food. Even some bread or any other option would have been appreciated and since the person I traveled with did not eat and some seats were empty, it seems odd that they thought they ran out of all other food options.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Venice

Review by (Netherlands) 25th June 2015

Boarding via busses was rather chaotic, some people needed to check in their hand luggage, others not. The flight was operated by Air One. Cabin was clean but worn out, several seats were disfunctional. The seat pitch was the smallest I have had in any airplane. I am just under 6ft and with normal weight, but I could not sit in any position without my knees being crushed by the seat in front of me. Shortly after start the man in front ofme reclined his seat (reclining is very limited) but this made any further movement impossible. The person in front of me claimed that he did not understand English, the stewardess tried to convince him to move his chair upright but he refused. Stewardess told me that it is his right to recline. Fortunately, it was just a little over one hour flight. Cabin attendants were friendly, served a soft drink and sweet or savory snack. Disembarking the plane was again chaotic, the first bus left the tarmac half empty, the second and last bus was overcrowded and felt suffocating, standing in the hot noon sun with doors closed for too long. It is difficult to avoid this airline whenever travelling in Italy, I also had better experiences with Alitalia (but you never know if it is carried out by one of their partners, it was not stated when I checked-in).
RouteMilan Linate to Napoli

Review by (Italy) 23rd June 2015

Verona to Barcelona on Embraer 175 departed late. The flight was good and the cabin crew was arranged of two staff. The flight from Rome to Barcelona departed late due to airport problems. The crew was helpful and smiling. The flight was cheaper then Ryanair.
AircraftE175 / A321
RouteVerona to Barcelona via Rome

Review by (Denmark) 21st June 2015

Completely lacking the generosity of Italy. Alitalia may have a new livery but only serve a cup of coffee, water or OJ and some biscotti. I was starving and hoped to buy a sandwich and a glass of wine or Camparisoda. My next trip to Italy will be on easyJet, air Berlin or Ryanair.
Aircraft320/321
RouteCopenhagen to Catania via LIN/FCO

Review by (Greece) 11th June 2015

Flight AZ165 from Brussels to Rome, Fiumicino on 5th June 2015. I was one of the passengers that were on time to the airport and at the right gate (A59). That wasn't the case with the crew who were late because of traffic problems! Airport announced that boarding wasn't possible at 17.55, we were told to board at 18.40. I was reassured that not only I would catch my flight from Rome to Athens (AZ722), but also I would have time for an espresso in Fiumicino! Meanwhile, Brussels weather deteriorated giving us the pleasure of being stay stuck inside the aircraft until 20.15. I agree that bad weather in Brussels Airport is not the airlines responsibility, but if the crew had been on time, the pilot wouldn't have lost the slot and the rest of our journey would have continued normally. On arrival at Fiumicino, all passengers stood in long queues from 22.30 to 23.59! When we finished, we entered a bus that should take us at Sheraton Hotel, about 20 minutes away. About half an hour later, the bus departed. I had to leave the hotel at 06.30. No time for espresso, no time for anything else. My new flight to Athens was waiting for me at 08.40, and again I would be on time. I wondered if your pilots would also be, fortunately this time they did.
RouteBrussels to Rome

Review by (United Kingdom) 11th June 2015

Flew VCE-AUH-VCE with a superb launch fare of just £320 return. Both legs we had very modern and clean A330's with great AVOD. Unfortunately for Alitalia but fortunately for us the flight ran with less than 30 pax on the way out and less than 60 on the way back so everyone could spread around. Both flights on-time with good food and competent crews. The only bugbear is you'd think with a crew to guest ratio of 3-1 that it wouldn't kill the crew to do a few water runs inflight. The return flight had Etihad crew supervising so maybe the Alitalia crew will no longer (famously) spend the entire flight behind the galley curtain.
AircraftAirbus A330
RouteVCE-AUH-VCE

Review by (United Kingdom) 7th June 2015

We flew as a party of 2 from London Heathrow to Naples changing at Milan Linate. On all 4 flights the cabin crew were just adequate with friendliness. There was no information about transfer instructions when reaching Milan we had to find it out ourselves. You have no choice of an alcoholic drink only tea/coffee or juice and the cups are small and only half filled and you only get given a very small bag of biscuits. I know they are only short hall flights but as a frequent flyer with BA we are offered a full range or food and drinks. Bags arrived where they should have but would not fly with Alitalia again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th June 2015

London City to Bari via Rome Bari to Heathrow via Linate. Slow bag drop at City but quickly through security. Flight to Rome fine. Rome Fumicino still a shambles after the fire lucky we had a long wait for the slightly late Bari flight as transiting was a nightmare. Home trip on time both legs and very fast. Nice crews drinks and snacks adequate. Fare was half that of BA and Easyjet at the UK half term break.

Review by (Switzerland) 1st June 2015

I flew from LIN to CPH and back. The in-bound flight took off on time and landed ahead of scheduled in Copenhagen the return flight from Denmark landed on time in Milan. Plenty of legroom super competitive price (100€ round trip) quick and organized boarding (with rear rows getting in first and front rows after) and good pilots who made the flight pleasant and safe. Basic snacks and drinks but on similar short flights I have not seen other airlines giving more.

Review by (Italy) 1st June 2015

Flight AZ 355 Nice-Rome 31st May 2015. Boarded on time at 18:. (flight was supposed to take off 18.35) After two hours seated inside the aircraft the Captain announced a Non Repairable technical problem and invited all passengers to disembark. The shore staff were totally lost and confused fighting each other in deciding what to do with us. We have been escorted outside the security area and left with no information for another two hours after that I left the airport at 22.00 hours and went back home. No a single glass of water was offered to the unlucky passengers.