Top 100 Airlines

Alitalia

"snack and drink was offered"

(Italy)

Verified Review | It was not my first time with Alitalia, I usually use Alitalia, but it was the first time on an Embraer 175 and I was a bit worried cause it is just a little aircraft. My fear disappeared at once as soon as I got onboard, thanks to the welcoming staff. For a short flight (just 50 minutes) a snack and a drink was offered.
AircraftEmbraer 175
RouteFCO to LIN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"Alitalia did not disappoint"

I was nervous flying with Alitalia for the first time this summer due to all the negative reviews I had read. Our flight was Toronto to Barcelona via Rome, and return flight was Skopje to Toronto via Rome. Although customs/passport control in Rome was a tedious process, everything aboard Alitalia was great from the moment we sat down. The seats in economy were comfy (as comfy as you can get in economy class) and had a good amount of recline. There was space for someone taller to stretch their legs as well. The headrest was a bit awkward as I'm short, but didn't matter as I had a pillow. Inflight entertainment was solid - good options of newer movies and shows. Food was pretty good for an airline. I have always flown Delta so I was nervous how our meal/snacks would be on a 8+ hour flight but Alitalia did not disappoint. We also didn't lose any baggage (major complaint of this airline). Given the cheap price and convenience, I would definitely fly Alitalia again.
RouteYYZ to FCO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"lack of customer service"

Verified Review | After our trip to Italy in July, we flew from Rome to Zurich. My daughter's luggage arrived in Zurich. Mine did not. No one knew where it was for 4 days and was finally found in Malaga, Spain. Not having my luggage ruined the last week of my trip. I had only the clothes I was wearing the day we left Rome for another whole week. I arrived back in the US and it was another whole week before I finally got my things back. It took forever to get them to reply to my claim for reimbursement of the basic items I had to buy since everything was lost. When they finally "agreed" to reimburse me, they said they had 30 days to get the reimbursement to me. Now it's been 34 days and I haven't seen a penny. They have the nerve to say they appreciate my business and want to keep my loyalty as a customer. I am just appalled at their lack of customer service.
RouteFCO to ZRH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"exceeded my expectations "

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Alitalia exceeded my expectations for my flight to Miami from Rome. The flight attendants were professional, on time to refill glasses with beverages and offer any additional help. We had a mess-up with the seats during the check-in, and would have ended up seating separately, however the flight attendants managed to rearrange the seats and put us together. It is worth noting that almost every couple in business class had a mess-up with the seats, therefore, kudos to the crew for their effort to rearrange the seating. We were presented with a Bvlgari flight kit. The business class cabin is very stylish, seats recline to a flat bed, and extremely comfortable. A330-200 only 6 years old and the cabin felt fresh and not beaten up. Bathrooms were nice. TV Screens are big and the menu easy to navigate. The food and beverage service was impressive. We were served amazing restaurant quality fish and beef with wonderful tomato pasta with basil, accompanied by Italian wines and other spirits. Also an assortment of Italian cheeses and desserts, cappuccino and chocolates. The rest of the flight we managed to get 4-5 hours of sleep. We were served snacks prior to our descent to Miami. During the snack my wife's entertainment system froze. The flight attendant tried to revive it, but the screen would not turn back on. About 40 minutes later, the same flight attendant approached us with deep apologies and gave a voucher for 150 euros credit towards the purchase of a future ticket with Alitalia.
RouteFCO to MIA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"I will not recommend Alitalia"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I booked Milan to Bangkok with Ethiad and I noted later that Milan to Abu Dhabi was operated by Alitalia. Milan to Abu Dhabi was a night flight: we took off with 4 hours delay for a problem with toilets. We received update from airport screen and from the captain at the gate. Seats were very uncomfortable. Return flight was in the morning. A good breakfast has been served after 1 hour but with no choice. Meal was a very poor and small breakfast. Service was very poor: after 4 hours flight only a glass of water has been served. I went 3 times on the back for ask for a glass of water. Last time I went I took a whole 1,5 liter bottle of water for me and my family travelling with me. I will not recommend Alitalia for long flight.
RouteMXP to AUH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"refused to send the baggage direct"

(Italy)

Verified Review | I traveled with Alitalia from Brindisi to Rome, Rome to Marseilles. First of all they refused to send the baggage direct to Marseilles, I informed them that I am traveling with my baby 3 month alone and it is hard to take the baggage, but they refused as they told me that the tickets reserved separately. I reach Rome and the baggage didn't arrive (lost) and the lost and found were very carless and not helpful. In the end, I lost my second flight to Marseilles because of their mistake and they asked me for money for new reservation.
RouteBDS to MRS via FCO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"never want to take Alitalia again"

Verified Review | Connected from a MEA codeshare Beirut to Rome, then Alitalia from Rome to Toronto. Avoid any connection through Rome. There is too much reliance on buses to reach aircraft and the terminals are not thoughtfully arranged. Acoustics are terrible, with the result that most announcements cannot be understood. There was a 90 minute delay in boarding with no explanation given. Then the bus. PE seating on the A330 is good, but that is the only positive comment I can make. The food was very very awful. Really, a calzone and a muffin? Then there was an hour waiting for bags to come up. I have heard too much that is bad about this airline and now I know why. I would certainly avoid connecting in Rome and would never want to take Alitalia again.
RouteFCO to YYZ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"would fly Alitalia again"

I flew Alitalia from JFK to Montenegro via Rome in June and returned on September 5. All flights went smoothly even the connections in Rome, and were on time. Alitalia honored the seats I selected during booking and luggage arrived with no problems. The new cabin was impressive, in flight entertainment was just ok. The only complaints I had was the leg room, compared to other international carriers Alitalia had very little leg room. Also, I did not enjoy any of the meals. I was full with just one bite. Besides the leg room, and meal complaints everything else went smoothly, and would fly Alitalia again on my next trip to Europe.
RouteJFK to TGD via FCO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very efficient, fast and discreet"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Really happy about the new Alitalia experience flying from Milano to Ibiza. Excellent ground service in the completely renovated Linate lounge. Inflight service was also very efficient, fast and discreet. Excellent inflight food. Good selection of magazines on board and nice looking cabin with the new leather seat. Worth the money.
AircraftE90
RouteMXP to IBZ
Date FlownAugust 2016

"ground and cabin crew has been friendly"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Rome. At the gate, because of SkyTeam rewards (Delta SkyMiles), I was upgraded to business class. The ground and cabin crew has been friendly, they served a seriously good and abundant meal. Alitalia has renewed the business part of some planes: the dividing walls are now covered by a laminate light wood with the logo of Alitalia and it just looks gorgeous.
RouteDUS to FCO