Vote Now

Alitalia

"Really pleasant flight"

(Italy)

Verified Review | New York to Milan. Really pleasant flight on Alitalia, the in flight Business product is above par. Their lounge in NYC urgently needs a facelift, it looks like being thrown back to the 90s and this impacts the overall image that the airline is trying to build. Boarding was average, only one door used on the 330 to let everyone in so although priority boarding is enforced if you don't arrive immediately then it feels like "everyone in". There has been a discussion over the crew new outfit, I feel it is elegant and looks very Italian. Cabin layout is a staggered 1-2-1 with direct aisle access; seats are extremely comfortable with the new poltrona frau leather cover. The best of Alitalia is inflight service though, sometimes the crew might be not as "friendly" as expected, this time was perfect. Regional Italian food and wines (Friuli Venezai Giulia and Sicily) were really good, served on Frette tablecloth and Richard Ginori china and silverware. Seat was comfortable, IFE maybe slightly short in offering of movies but enough for a 8 hours flight. Amenity kit was large (and it converts into a stylish iPad case), with selection of Bvlgari products. Overall a good experience, I hope new destinations will be served out of Italy so that I can fly Alitalia again.
RouteNew York to Milan
Date FlownMarch 2017

"good way to fly long distance"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Sao Paulo to Rome. Premium Economy with Alitalia is a fabulous product. Excellent legroom, comfortable seat. Food was served on plates not in an economy style carton. Nice touches provided like a liquor and espresso with meal, hot towel before meal. Cabin is separated and feels spacious. As it is separate there is also plenty of overhead luggage space. Food was good. Price was also very reasonable maybe 15% higher than what i would expect to pay for an economy ticket on this route. Very pleased, this is definitely a good way to fly long distance.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSao Paulo to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I cannot trust this airline"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Flight from Athens to Rome delayed to arrive in Athens. Alitalia said they will catch up time on air trip. On arrival at Fiumicino our connecting flight supposed to have been departed (AZ1759) 3 minutes ago, meanwhile not any records on the departure flight board. Rescheduled to AZ1719 (next flight out) for departure on 03-04-2017 at 21:50. On arrival at Catania airport, my luggage didn't arrive. Spent 2 hours waiting to submit a baggage claims and finally I got my luggage back the next late evening (04-04-2017) while on the early morning of April 5th I was flying back to Athens. Beverages: Only water and orange juice with a small satchel of snack (biscotti or salatini). Service very poor I cannot trust this airline.
RouteAthens to Catania via Rome
Date FlownApril 2017

"Alitalia is a nightmare"

Verified Review | New York to Milan. Got to JFK after 3 delays by Delta. Ran through terminals to get to Alitalia, but we didn't get there until 9:12pm and our flight was scheduled to depart at 9:45pm. The Alitalia rep told us they had already closed the door to the plane. No other flights were going to Milan. No hotel or other remuneration was provided. Delta got us on a flight to Paris with Air France and then to Milan. Alitalia lost our luggage and we were charged by the car service for the ride we couldn't take. At this time we are wearing the same clothes we left home in (day 4). We've been told our bags were located and "promised" we'd get them later today. Conclusion, Alitalia is a nightmare.
RouteNew York to Milan
Date FlownMarch 2017

"horrible company to fly with"

Verified Review | London to Rio de Janeiro return via Rome. Alitalia was a horrible company to fly with. I was extremely disappointed with the service as well as everything to do with the flight. The food was poor, the seats extremely uncomfortable. It's unbelievable to think you could fly for 12 hours in those conditions paying the amount of money you pay. . And to top It all off they give these horrible blankets, that did not look like they were clean. I would not fly with them again and would not recommend to anyone.
RouteLondon to Rio via Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very attentive and friendly cabin crew"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Flew Alitalia from Milan to Havana via Rome. Flight very pleasant, speedy boarding, very clean aircraft cabin, large and comfortable seat with large screen and inflight entertainment with many games, TV programmes and movies, and fast Wi-fi on board. Very attentive and friendly cabin crew, typically delicious Italian food served in abundant quantity and followed by an excellent selection of Italian wines. Best ever inflight espresso coffee, you can also choose the blend.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteMilan to Havana via Rome
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Alitalia never again"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Rome to São Paulo. Horrible to do check in. Horrible food and drinks served on the flight, and an old entretainment system, rude staff. Alitalia never again, even if its the cheapest. I couldn't do check online, so I had to arrive 3 hours before. I had to travel in the middle seat and being 1,92m it was horrible.
RouteRome to São Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2017

"don't fly again with Alitalia"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Bologna to Miami via Rome. I flew in premium economy from Rome to Miami. The positive notes are good aircraft, seats in premium economy very comfortable, and good entertainment. Staff service attention was non-existent; we were abandoned for 4 hours. They never passed even with a glass of water for the flights, except when served meals. A lady in front of us used the bell for 4 times and only after 1 hour arrived and were also annoyed because she had disturbed. We could not use the bathroom of premium class because there was always the row of economy passengers. The food was terrible. The crew doesn't know the difference between economy and economy premium, when I tried to talk with them, they said " what you want, you are in economy". I paid a supplement to fly in premium because I will have the benefits but I received none of these. I was curious to try Alitalia and my curiosity is satisfaction that I don't fly again with Alitalia. On the return, we had a crew worthy to be called so present, polite, courteous and professional (the catering a little better because out of USA ) - my review is only for Rome to Miami on the outbound flight. Alitalia, if you want to win new customers you have to change many things, starting from a review and control on your staff.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBologna to Miami via Rome

"a good experience"

(Italy)

Verified Review | It was a good experience in Alitalia business class flight from Mexico to Rome. The lounge in Mexico City Airport was very large, comfortable armchairs to relax, super buffet and well stocked. Very friendly staff. Onboard the crew were caring for passengers and available. The menu with good selection of drinks, good and abundant during the whole flight. Comfortable seats, nice toiletries and many films made this a very positive experience. E' stata una bella esperienza questo volo in business con Alitalia dal messico a roma. Il lounge riservato a citta del messico e' molto ampio, comode poltrone per rilassarsi, abbondante buffet super rifornito. Molto gentile il personale sempre s disposizione. In aereo il personale di bordo si e' dimostato attento ai passeggeri e a disposizione. Il menu con ottima scelta di bevande tra un cui un ottimo ferrari e' molto buono ed abbondante durante tutto il volo. Comode poltrone letto e bel kit cortesia e tanti film,allietano il viaggio. Esperienza molto positiva.
RouteMexico City to Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"good flight with horrible service"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Belgrade to Rome. I booked an economy flight but took part in the auction to be upgraded. My trip started very well as I was able to enjoy the very nice Air Serbia lounge at Belgrade airport. Once aboard I was told by a rather grumpy FA that I wouldn’t be getting a meal as they only had enough meals onboard for the original amount of business class passengers. This is unacceptable as my request was granted at 9 am with the flight leaving only at 6pm. I got to try some of the food (my colleague traveling with me shared his portion) and it was dreadful. A real shame for a country with a rich culinary tradition like Italy. The flight itself was nice and smooth and the seats comfortable. We also arrived on time. All in all a good flight with horrible service. Had I paid the full business fare, I would have been furious.
RouteBelgrade to Rome