Vote Now

Alitalia

"such a bad experience"

Verified Review | London to Rio de Janeiro return via Rome. First and last time flying with Alitalia, I have never had such a bad experience. Seats very uncomfortable, I couldn't find any position to get some sleep due to a lack of space. 11 hours of discomfort was a complete torture. Food on the way to Brazil the food was disgusting and we couldn't choose anything else because they didn't have enough food, on the return to Rome it was ok. Crew not nice, including one particular staff was very rude towards me with no reason. Definitely the worst service I have ever had, and I don't recommend Alitalia to anyone!
RouteLHR to GIG via FCO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the flight was terrible"

Verified Review | Flew from Santiago de Chile to Rome in economy class and I thought the flight was terrible! The seats are small and because the headrest is not incorporated in the seat, it makes you sit in an awkward position with your head tilted forward. Extremely uncomfortable for a 15hr flight! The window seat has a metal box in front of it so there is no possibility of stretching your legs properly. Also uncomfortable. Spending such a long time on a plane is not very nice but one would at least expect the flight attendants to walk around with water. This was not the case. Once it was time to have a meal, the flight attendants serving the food were rude and did not speak english. What really struck me is that they didn't even have enough food for everyone and started giving out different trays. For example I had a little sandwich (butter and cheese in white bread), a cookie and an olive bread whilst my neighbor only got a strange looking green baguette sandwich. A plane has a certain number of seats and there should be sufficient food for everyone. Overall, I was disappointed. There was no organization and even though the price was quite good, never again will I fly with this airline.
RouteSantiago to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"spoiled by the flight attendants"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Rome to Santiago de Chile last week, and it is a long flight, more than 14 hours and it's impossible not arrive tired at your destination. We flew in economy class and the aircraft was full, anyway we have been spoiled by the flight attendants who were smiling. Food was distributed very fast and professonally and what surprised me, the taste of my special menu with no lactose. During the flight water and coke were offered many times by flight attendants. The only con is the IFE screen in economy, really really small.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 ER
RouteFCO to SCL

"everything was perfect"

Verified Review | Flew from Milan Linate to Rome, everything was perfect! Departed on time, served a delicious snack (two options) and was impressed for the quantity of beverage selection for such a short flight. At the aiport the ground staff was helpful and accompanied us to the fast track security line where passengers flying to Rome are invited. New cabin looks fresh and cabin crew were professional and smiling. I think it's still the best option to travel between the two cities, with a very good value for money.
RouteMilan to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"food offered was excellent"

Verified Review | London to Beijing via Rome was an unforgettable experience. The lounge in Rome was new, clean and food offered was excellent. The cabin crew made me feel welcome, provided welcome drinks, amenity kit and menus. The Bvlgari amenity kit is very nice-looking and the products inside are above some airlines. The menu on the outbound flight from Rome was Sicilian menu, which I had an attachment to because Sicily was my honeymoon destination. The service contained 5 courses with cheese board and fruits. Each course had a wine paring. The food was amazing and nicely cooked. Cabin service was efficient and requests were fulfilled immediately. I feel the new business class product is excellent from hardware to service provided. The only problem I noticed was the check-in at LHR terminal 4 was quite slow for the Alitalia early morning flights. The queue was massive at economy check-in and there were only 2 counters for sky priority check-in.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteLHR to PEK via FCO
Date FlownDecember 2016

"awful handling of missed connections"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Belgrade to Madrid via Rome. First flight delayed because of snow in Belgrade, but awful handling of missed connections by the Alitalia ground staff in Rome. I will never fly this airline again. The transfer desk was a mess, hundreds of people queuing out of order, staff not bothered to organise anything, unprepared and unprofessional. In addition we were lied to multiple times and they managed to lose our luggage which arrived 3 days later. Impossible to contact the airline without waiting on the phone for ages etc. Never again.
RouteBEG to MAD via FCO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"very disappointing experience "

(Italy)

Verified Review | Rome to Barcelona. The flight was delayed one hour and a half. When we landed in Barcelona, I couldn't find my suitcase at the baggage claim. I had to raise a claim (at the airport, otherwise you lose all passenger rights) and the long queue almost made me missing my train connection (which was planned for 3 hours after the scheduled flight arrival time). I took a taxi and made it to the airport just when the train was about to depart. The luggage arrived 4 days later, on December 27th. The suitcase was broken and items within the toilet bag were broken, I raised a second claim and the company has been just playing with my team, making me loss my time, with different bureaucracy papers waiting for me to get tired of them. At the end they offered me a voucher of 250€ to spend in flight with them, but no compensation. No refund for any expenses. Very disappointing experience and behavior during the claim. I will definetely will try to avoid to fly with this airline as much as possible.
RouteFCO to BCN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"met with a lot arrogance"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | On 9 December 2016 I bought a very cheap business class ticket from Florence to Bangkok via Paris and returning via Abu Dhabi to Dusseldorf for flights operated by Air France and Etihad but with Alitalia flight numbers and an Alitalia ticket number. A week later I received a phone call from the agency where I bought the ticket. I was told that Alitalia had changed my reservation and that I should contact it. I checked online and indeed Alitalia had changed my reservation to a one-way flight from FLR to DUS via FCO with the departure on 12 Jan. My original departure was to be on 11 Jan. I contacted Alitalia, which was not easy - their HQ in Italy can only be contacted by phone or fax which makes it difficult to launch a written complaint and thus prevents you from acquiring any written evidence of communication in case you may need it. I wrote an email to their Customer Relations Office in the Czech Republic (which can only be contacted by email or fax). I received a reply with a phone number inviting me to call them. Only after I asked for a written reply to my complaint, my claim was registered and I received a claim number. On the phone I was told that there was an error in their reservation system which made it possible to book flights from FLR to DUS with unusual routings and because they made a mistake, I am not going to Bangkok. So far my claim has not been resolved. I only met with a lot arrogance, excuses and incompetence and with the departure date approaching, I had to cancel the FLR-DUS ticket and ask for a refund.
RouteFLR to BKK
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"definitely do not recommend"

Verified Review | Moscow to Bordeaux via Rome. The worst company ever! I never had such a bad experience in my travel life. Never again go with Alitalia and definitely do not recommend it to the others. Flight delay more than 6 hour without any notice what has happened. The crew is very poor and not friendly, didn't supply the food and accommodation, didn't change the flight for the passenger with connections! Very poor management in the force major situations.
RouteSVO to BOD via FCO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the crew was very poor"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Berlin to Venice. The only positive aspect is the scheduled and arriving times. The Aircraft was clean enough. When I boarded none of the cabine crew said hello or good morning, none of them helped passengers during the accomodation of cabin luggages, no one helped families with children or babies. Immediately before take off, the crew did not control if all passengers has fasten their seat belt. The crew was disorganized during the distribution of meals. In summary, the crew was very poor. Food was terrible!
AircraftA320-200