Best Cabin Crew

Airnorth

"experience was exceptional"

My experience on Airnorth was exceptional, with their super comfortable seats coupled with amazing service. The cabin crew were constantly doing rounds making sure we had everything we needed and serving us drinks, meals and even warm cookies! Our flight was not at all delayed, and our baggage was out for us in no time at all! I would definitely recommend this airline for anyone traveling in western Canada or Ottawa!
RouteWhitehorse to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2015

"good value for money"

The Airnorth flight did not get off to a good start - having been delayed by an hour. Once in the air, service was efficient and effective. The in flight food was satisfactory. The seats are adequate, with sufficient pitch and recline to not cause any issues. The tickets were bought on special, giving good value for money.
AircraftEBJ170
RouteDarwin to Kununurra
Date FlownOctober 2015

Airnorth customer review

Had another wonderful flight from Whitehorse to Vancouver. Disappointed that's had to transit via Kelowna however. Makes a relatively short flight into a long one. I was also very disappointed in the agent boarding the aircraft. Very rude and poorly trained. First denied me boarding for invalid ID that's had used to board the Air North flight from Vancouver to Whitehorse. Another agent had to inform her my ID was valid and acceptable for travel. The flight attendants however were very attentive and defiantly made up for it all.

Airnorth customer review

Flew YVR-YXY-YVR. Flights both left on time and were pleasant and smooth. Flight Attendants were very friendly and helpful throughout the flight.

Airnorth customer review

I have to put in some severe criticism of Airnorth's customer service during the ash cloud disruption in June. My original morning flight on Sat 31 May Dili-Darwin was cancelled - fair enough. Airport staff thought it might operate in the afternoon and sent us home. The call centre told about midday that they hadn't decided what to do yet but would contact everyone later. About 3pm I got a call from the Qantas call centre to reschedule connecting flights and they saw in the system that Airnorth had rebooked me for 5pm Sunday. Then on Sunday morning I looked at Airnorth's website and it said that my 5pm flight had been changed to 12.45pm so I rushed off to the airport. It turned that was wrong and we were sent home. The call centre isn't open on Sundays so I had no idea what was happening. Eventually I saw on Darwin airport's website that the incoming fight had been cancelled (all other airlines operated normally from Dili and Darwin that afternoon). Airnorth eventually called at 7pm to tell me I was rescheduled for 5pm Monday. Normally Airnorth flights have been fine - on time good staff limited food but only short flights anyway. However they really can't handle anything unusual and given their monopoly on many routes they probably won't bother to improve.

Airnorth customer review

Darwin to Kununurra in an E-170. Comfortable 2-abreast seating and a smooth flight. However there was a confusing beginning in Darwin as the departures screen said "go to gate" but did not give a gate number! Eventually a barely audible "last call" announcement was made. The service on-board was friendly. A pack of two small muffins and orange juice was served. The flight operated on time.

Airnorth customer review

DWN-TSV then GCA-DWN - April 2014. Flight down was direct on time and with good inflight service. Return flight via MT ISA less pleasing mainly because the FA's jammed us all together despite a number of rows of empty seats at the front of the plane. I hate having to ask to move once seated and with carry on in the o/head lockers. There was no need (that I can see) to stack us that way and it just left a bad taste in the mouth. Food on the return flights was similarly 'bad' in the mouth. 1st leg was a beef curry (very boarding school type muck) and 2nd leg described as a chicken wrap which turned out to be a beef wrap. Too bad if you were allergic and took a bite (surprise!).

Airnorth customer review

TSV-DRW-TSV: We chose to fly with Air North because of good connection flight times when returning from our overseas holiday. We arrived in Darwin at 4.50am after being in transit for 12 hrs from an overseas destination we were scheduled to fly back to Townsville on the 7.00am flight which was perfect. Air North changed the flight schedule our new departure time was 1.45pm. An increased wait of 6.45 hours at Darwin airport. I contacted Air North and inquired if any assistance could be given to us meal voucher half day accommodation etc. I received an email from the Marketing and Communications Manager who sighted their rules of carriage and provided us with details of a local motel for us to contact no assistance was offered not even a coffee voucher! We were very disappointed in Air Norths lack of customer care and would not recommend using Air North especially when connecting to/from International flights.

Airnorth customer review

TSV-DRW-TSV flight out on time the aircraft was clean and comfortable certainly more personal space on the Embraer 170 then you get on other economy flights in Australia. The cabin wasn't full so after take off it was a matter of grabbing a pair of seats to myself. A light morning meal of sandwiches water coffee/tea and a small chocolate was complimentary. The return flight was delayed 7 hours and advice was received about this the afternoon before by email and SMS. Two hot meal options offered on that flight one vegetarian the other sausages and mash. Beer wine and spirits were complimentary on this leg perhaps owing to the long delay I didn't ask I just enjoyed having two seats to myself again and kicked back with a fee Jim Beam and cola's. Flight attendants professional and attentive.

Airnorth customer review

Return DRW-DIL. Efficient boarding on-time helpful cabin attendants. Flight out provided minimal catering though this was a late afternoon flight. Return flight was early morning good breakfast akin to what I would normally have at home. In-flight magazine had really interesting articles and was adequate reading for the one hour flight. No complaints at all. No charge for exceeding baggage allowance by 1kg on return flight.