airBaltic

"cabin service extremely poor"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Riga. Comfortable plane and excellent take off and landing. But, cabin service was extremely poor - attendants simply failed to offer any food or beverage. Could not understand announcements in English. And airbaltic is the first airline I’ve ever known not to offer free water to customers. Absolutely shocking.
AircraftAirbus
RouteGatwick to Riga
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"commend this company"

Trip Verified | I flew from Zurich to Riga with an A220, the flight was slightly delayed due to other aircraft. The airplane was clean and the cabin staff very helpful and friendly, unfortunately no internet access on the flight. I commend this company, which is developing.
RouteZurich to Riga

"efficiency and punctuality"

Trip Verified | A 50-minute flight from Riga to Tallinn on a Dash 8 bombardier, plane in excellent condition as well as the comfort of the seats. The staff during the flight was a bit absent, moreover I recommend this company for its efficiency and punctuality.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8
RouteRiga to Tallinn

"it wasn't that bad"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | St. Petersburg to Prague via Riga, it wasn't that bad after all. No cabin baggage weighing or measuring as mentioned in some reviews, there was nice staff greeting us on board and the plane was clean. IFE consisted only from the in-flight magazine, but it was pretty thick, enough reading for two hours flight. No food, snacks or water during the flight, but you know that before taking the flight as the company's strategy is going low-cost.
AircraftDash Q8-400
RouteSt. Petersburg to Prague via Riga
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Soviet heritage customer service"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Vilnius via Riga. Terrible customer service. We was denied our flight to Riga from Vilnius due to delay of their inbound flight from Gatwick. It was explained that we missed our last flight and should go to collect luggage and go to ticket office for travel re-arrangement. Lady in reception told that air Baltic offer for us can offer only ground transportation to Vilnius airport. When one gentleman asked for flight next day it was told that there is no chances to stay overnight ("no available hotels in Riga that night") and that all flights from Riga to Vilnius on next day are fully booked. Then after doubts how it can be that all flights and hotels are overbooked in Riga she told that probably the is 1 seat, then "maybe 3 seats" in morning flight, but hotel for sure she cannot book, and if we wish we can do it on our own money and then apply to refund of 70 EUR. When we started negotiate ground transfer, story continue very interesting way - it was told that cab cannot bring us to hotel/home address, only to drop off in Vilnius airport. After emotional complains why we need to go by cab to Vilnius airport and then back to city by taxi at 5AM , she firstly told that it is because our destination is Vilnius airport, and we will be delivered right here (even if it is after 4 hour drive and no taxi in Vilnius airport at that time). Then after 5 min of emotional discussion she once again changed her mind and told that OK, we may take taxi in Vilnius airport and then to submit receipt to refund. When we told that this is stupid, that we need to cross all city and then go back, she told that ok ok you may ask transfer driver to drop off in your destinations only if this is on way to airport. No consent was given to sign for us, just she gave voucher to driver, and that's it. Now I have problem with insurance company. I not even mention kindness words used like "sorry for inconvenience", "I will do my best" or any provision of refreshments, etc. When we finally asked surname (name was on card) of receptionist she told that this info she is not obliged to provide.So, all long story short - airBaltic represented as it’s best Soviet heritage of customer service with "Service provider always right" and "No, we can't" attitude. If you want this experience, you may try to travel with this airline. For me enough is enough! I chose airBaltic to London via Riga instead direct flights Vilnius-London with WIZZ and Ryanair because I was expecting more intelligent and kind attitude, and paid for it extra 100 EUR per ticket. How naive I was!
RouteGatwick to Vilnius via Riga
Date FlownAugust 2018

"the worst cabin service"

(Sudan)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Copenhagen via Riga. Airbaltic has the worst cabin service i have ever experienced. Both when flying to Larnaca from Copenhagen via Riga, and home trip, there were small delays, which meant we literally ran to gate to make the flight. And even though both flights are operated by air Baltic instead of a quick apology and a smile they bark orders at you, to hurry and are super unfriendly. Only with airbaltic I have experienced that people are having some difficulty with fitting the cabin luggage into the overhead compartment, and the cabin crew are just standing and eyeballing instead of helping. I could go on. But all in all airbaltic is just disastrous airline, and to make matters worse airport in Riga has also lots of issues. So are you flying with airbaltic through Riga, you are almost guaranteed a disappointment.
RouteLarnaca to Copenhagen via Riga
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Avoid this airline if possible."

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Tallinn via Riga. I have travelled three times with this airline on the Tallinn-Riga-Stockholm route. All three times the flight from Tallinn to Riga has been delayed, causing me to miss my flight from Riga to Stockholm. Air Baltic put me on a later flight, but the wait is usually more than 3 hours. When I write to the airline asking for compensation, they always say no. This is in violation of the European Union's Flight Compensation Regulation 261/2004. So I write to the Consumer Agency in Latvia, they take my case and Air Baltic, reluctantly, pays me compensation. This is not a serious airline. Customer service is dismal; and the airline staff is rude and unfriendly. Avoid this airline if possible.
RouteStockholm to Tallinn via Riga

"Every time is a delay"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Riga. Every time I have to flY with Air Baltic is a delay - information is rubbish and in one occasion even after 4 hours delay they insist in not pay even for a bottle of water. One of the worse airlines I have ever had to deal with. If you can avoid please do so.
RouteBerlin to Riga
Date FlownJune 2018

"Do not recommend it"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Tallinn. Customer service level is unacceptable. Once the airline experiences delays, no apology, explanation given until later on. During the delay (delay that results overnight), no water etc. is given to passengers nor to pets that airline charges a fee for! Refused claim despite the EU regulations. Email is not answered, 10 working days has passed as per their rule. Do not recommend it neither to people nor passengers travelling with animals especially! This is one of the many incidents I have experienced with Air Baltic, therefore, it had to be shared because enough is enough.
RouteBerlin to Tallinn
Date FlownMay 2018

"9 hrs on a overcrowded airport"

Trip Verified | Baku to Amsterdam via Riga with airBaltic. The flights were supposedly 6 hrs total, it was 17 hrs: no explanation, rude staff at transfer Riga, they shoved me off with 2 vouchers for 2 coffee. I waited 9 hrs on a overcrowded airport. No lounge seat. During first flight they were assuring me the connecting flight would wait: not so. They did not even offer water or some food as consolation. Handed in my claim : according to EU regulation 261/2004 AirBaltic is accountable and should pay for my loss of time (i missed out on a meeting on top of it) No response whatsoever. so now I have to hand in my claim to get this case settled.
RouteBaku to Amsterdam via Riga