AirAsia

(Thailand)

BKK to Hat Yai (HDY) and noticed service deterioration. Flight retimed one month in advance and cause me minor itinerary problem (despite their offer to change to earlier or later flight). Only one Bag drop counter for internet/ Kiosk check in opened. Their advertisement that internet check in is quicker and hassle - free is totally untrue. Once on board A320 aircraft is new and clean but seat pitch is a very tight. Aptitude of the crew does not seemed to be as good as their earlier year. My friend who sit upfront tried to purchase chicken rice and was told that only curry is available but I was told later that I can only get chicken rice because my curry is finished.

(Thailand)

Took the inaugural flight from Chiang Mai to Singapore. To say it was just another flight would be an understatement. And it was 30 minutes late which is about par for the course with Thai AirAsia. No apology for being late. Their slogan is 'newest planes newest routes'. Well it wasn't their newest plane which was delivered in time for the start-up of the SIN service. Judging by the crowds assembled in SIN for the return journey it looks like they are marketing the flight at the SIN end. There was no hype at CNX and I haven't seen any media coverage of the fact that the flight has now started. Most of the passengers were non-Thai. Standard Air Asia service. I cant believe they charge 30 baht for a small bottle of bottle. If you get a promotional fare its good value otherwise shop around. Having done PR for major events including such new services I was sorely disappointed. Frankly Thai Ai Asia's product is far below that of its big brother in Malaysia and it shows.

AirAsia customer review

HKT-BKK. Online check-in down for several days. Attempting to check-in with a mobile proved both costly and fruitless until the day I was actually due to depart. I visited the Air Asia office on Thaweewong Road Patong a few days prior to departure and was informed that there had been a bomb scare at their offices which had negatively impacted their booking system but I didn't find anything on local news media to substantiate that claim. When I eventually did get the 2D barcode image on my mobile Air Asia's scanners at Phuket International appeared unable to read it. Fortunately there wasn't a queue at the Web Check-in desk and they were able to print the boarding pass for me instead. The flight departed 50 mins late but I had allowed ample time to my connecting flight to Dubai. But I would advise anyone proposing to fly with Air Asia where there is a connecting international flight to consider to allow ample time because flight delays and even cancellations are the order of the day on Thai Air Asia. On arrival at BKK a further delay of about 45 mins occurred because as I was informed by an airport employee Air Asia didn't have any staff to offload the luggage from the plane. Price wise when you add in all the add-ons together with the "Convenience Fee" the latter of which is the credit card charge there's not a lot of difference in price between Air Asia and there nearest rival Bangkok Air.

AirAsia customer review

HKT-BKK. Paid for 20Kgs of baggage on their scales at Phuket my case weighed 19.2kgs. 3 hours later the same bag (nothing taken out) weighed in at 16.8Kgs on Qatar Airways scales at BKK. Not the first time I have noticed such a discrepancy. Good value flight though promo ticket with baggage and taxes was around £20GB.

(Indonesia)

CGK-HKT. The flights were on time aircraft very clean and well-maintained and service was very friendly and professional. I paid a small supplement for one of the 'hotseats' and it was well worth it. The return ticket cost around USD100 (promo fare) including add-ons and extras. Excellent value for money. The problem with Air Asia seems to be actually managing to get these promo fares. They are advertised heavily on the website but when you try to make a booking very often only the regular fares come up. I think you need to book far in advance as I did with this ticket. Their regular fares are often only a bit cheaper than other carriers.

(Poland)

Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. Very nice journey nice crew and leather seats in airplane. Very easy to book. If you book place near window (right side) you will see nice view to Thai islands for example Ko Samui.

(Thailand)

BKK-CAN and HKG-BKK. My first experience of Thailand's division of Air Asia. Good value for money and only a few observations. Having paid for a 'hot seat' the priority boarding in BKK was only to the bus not the plane. There were just two of us so everyone else piled on which meant we were actually one of the last on to the aircraft. The other is the price of the soft drinks which are frankly a rip-off. Flights on-time and one of the aircraft was virtually brand new. If the price is right this is the way to go but they are not always the cheapest option especially to Hong Kong where competition is fierce with a multitude of third country carriers flying that route.

AirAsia customer review

BKK - Phnom Penh - BKK Checked in online 24hours in advance which was very convenient and got seats allocated together Airport baggage drop very quick and efficient. Flight departed 15minutes early and arrived 25minutes early. seats comfortable legroom ok for a lo-cost carrier. baggage very quick on arrival. Return journey checked in at the desk very quick and efficient. Although flight was only 1/3 full we didn't get seated together and were put across the aisle from each other despite the two seats next to me where empty. Flight on time and arrived early baggage again very quick.

(Thailand)

Bangkok - Yangon - Bangkok. I bought the ticket on internet. The process was a bit time consuming as I had to click through many pages. The 48 hours web check in was very convenient as I could check in on both flights. But still I had to go to the check-in counter at the airport for document check. Check in at Bangkok was long. I only had a handbag and I was directed to a counter for that purpose. Service was good. I am 1.81 and found the seat spacing adequate. There was a wide variety of food options which could be ordered when the ticket was purchased. Cabin staff professional and friendly on both flights. My only complaint is that on the return flight a PRM (Person with Reduced Mobility) was seated between me and the aisle (I had a window seat). I don't think this is legal and it caused discomfort for the other person.