AirAsia X

Review by (Malaysia) 24th July 2015

Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo Haneda. A full flight with mostly Japanese passengers, delay for 30 minutes but managed to arrive on schedule. Meal is ok and limited legspace, but bring your entertainment devices to keep up the time. Great choices as HND is near city. I noticed that seat 45A onwards the cabin is hot.
AircraftA330-300
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteKUL to HND

Review by (Malaysia) 24th July 2015

Flew Kuala Lumpur to Chengdu D7326 (Gate Q14-KLIA2). Completely full flight with mostly Chinese travellers. Seat 46G, overall a normal flight with satisfactory product offer. Arrive on-time and meal is just ok.
AircraftA330-300
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteKUL to CTU

Review by (United Kingdom) 11th June 2015

Flew from Gold Coast (OOL) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) on the 13th May 2015. I had booked a flight from Sydney to KL, but the flight was cancelled a month prior to departure with no explanation given. They shifted me to a flight that would have left me stranded in Kuala Lumpur, unable to catch my connecting flight to Europe. However, they did offer me a full refund, which was processed quickly and efficiently. As I was based in northern New South Wales at the time, I booked a flight from Gold Coast instead. The online check-in was quick, however I was placed in a middle seat. On board the plane, let's just say I was lucky enough to have some pretty powerful sleeping pills. The Economy seating on the A330 was cramped and narrow - something which you don't want when you're 6'1" tall. Additionally, you have to pay for entertainment - something you don't usually expect on a 9-hour flight. The cabin crew could not make themselves clearly understood either. I will say a few good things about the airline, though. I had ordered a nasi lemak when I booked the flight - this is unbelievably delicious and thoroughly recommended. Also, AirAsia X is incredibly good value for money. In conclusion, I would recommend AirAsia X, so long as you have patience and the gumption to pre-order food.
AircraftAirbus A330
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Australia) 20th May 2015

D7 212 KUL-MEL. Check-in at KLIA2 is very efficient. Boarded on time but a technical fault with the APU resulted in a 45 minute delay. Once underway the meal service was slightly chaotic though everyone did get their pre- booked meals in a reasonable time. Cabin crew appeared slightly flustered for a lot of the time. Crew friendly and helpful though. Seats are undeniably narrow (16.5 inches) but seat pitch no worse than most at 32 inches (and 2 inches better than Jetstar's Dreamliner). Definitely recommend paying the bit extra for a 'hot seat' with extra legroom (I had 17C). The Quiet Zone seats are rubbish.. Same seating as further back and whilst there are no children in this forward cabin there are still plenty of loud adults. Much better to select a bulkhead hotseat and stretch out there. Overall a reasonable flight at a fantastic price!

Review by (Australia) 28th April 2015

I flew to Melbourne from Bali with Air Asia Indonesia X on 21 March 2015. This price included 20 kg of checked in luggage a meal and a small bottle of water. AA ground staff and software need to be improved. When I boarded the plane I found a man sitting in my seat. I showed him my boarding pass and he showed me that he also had a boarding pass for the same seat! I waved to the flight attendant and she came over and told me to wait. After five minutes she returned with a passenger list and sent the man to another seat. There is no entertainment available on an Air Asia Indonesia X Airbus A330 plane. Seat width and legroom are also tight. As the flight was only one third full many passengers were able to sleep spread out over three seats. The Air Asia Indonesia X plane left on time and arrived punctually in Melbourne. Overall I prefer to fly in a Jetstar Boeing Dreamliner rather than an Asia Indonesia X Airbus A330.

Review by (Australia) 30th March 2015

Flew SYD-KUL 7/3 quiet zone and Business return on 23/3. You pay for what you get but compared to 6/12 months ago no choice in drink selection or snacks and prices have increased dramatically. Business class toilet had toilet rolls as tissues soap dispenser leaked and staff could not fix it. Suddenly it appeared that supplies were limited or restricted by the suppliers? No lounge at KLIA2 (being repaired). The full service MAS is appearing more attractive now as prices are becoming closer.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (Australia) 23rd March 2015

I travel quite frequently between PER and KUL and in last six months on several trips I have been moved to other flights causing much disruptions/inconvenience to planned bus/train connections. I have a trip coming up in about four weeks and discovered (through manage by bookings) that they have moved me to other flights again. They have not even notified me by email/sms.

Review by (South Korea) 17th March 2015

Flew from Incheon to Melbourne return via KL. Overall I was satisfied with this airline for the price I paid although by the time you pay for the extras you want you don't end up saving that much compared to a full service airline. All the flights were on schedule or ahead of schedule. The staff were all efficient professional and friendly. The cabin on the last leg of the journey felt very cold and so I had to pay to rent a blanket. The flights were smooth and I was pleased to get updates from the pilot about our flight - you don't get this with Chinese airlines. The meals that I pre-purchased were tasty but don't bother with the 'maximize you meal' stuff it's just a bit of sugary rubbish. The transfers at the new KLIA2 airport were smooth and the terminal there is very good.

Review by (Australia) 4th March 2015

I was one of the unfortunate ones whose flights to and from Adelaide were cancelled. Had proper consideration and care been given to customers and appropriate alternate arrangements been made I would have had no cause for complaint. However this was not the case. The re-routing process was a nightmare. Only my partner was re-routed to Melbourne for our return flight while I had to resubmit the request after a few days. Upon checking in at Melbourne airport we were advised that our KL to Penang sector was on different flights and were told to go to the transfer desk at KLIA2. First their customer service centre denied receiving my emails even though I was showing them to the lady at the transfer counter. Then after a few enquiries they said they had not changed my KL- Penang flight because the earlier flight I had requested had only one remaining space left which my partner was transferred into. They apparently did not think it was important to notify us of this to allow sufficient time to make other arrangements. I was told that my flight was full too so he couldn't come on mine on boarding I noticed an empty spot right next to me and another one across the aisle. We arrived in Penang 2.5 hours apart. Not only did I have to pay an additional 300AUD per person for my trip it took me more than twice the length of time it usually takes me on MAS. Flights were on time and thankfully we reached Penang safely. But service was non existent. Hoping the return journey will be less distressing.

Review by (Indonesia) 24th February 2015

My family and I flew from KUL-KUL-NGO. My journey was good although the distance between the seat and the seat should be repaired because of my long legs that required a long distance between seats. AirAsia X is an airline that serve long haul cheap flight so the so the comfort is important although the price itself it is so cheap. For the magnitude of the seat must be enlarged again and replace the seat base material because it does not taste good. My family and I had to scramble a comfortable place because our shoulders is always touching each other. For the food enough and tasty although it must be paid separately from our ticket. For a low-cost airline is all worth it.