Top 100 Airlines

AirAsia X

"highly recommend"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Late night flight from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne with AirAsia X in Premium class. For this ticket, you get 40 kgs luggage allowance and one free meal. On boarding, they ask you if you would like your meal after take off or just before arrival. This was a nice touch as the flight left at 1030pm so you could go straight to sleep and to have breakfast before landing. FAs were pleasant and accommodating at all times. They give you a large pillow and a comfy duvet for sleep. The premium seat is angled flat which was actually very comfortable and wide, and I am a big guy. I would highly recommend this airline for their premium class product. My only negative observation was that the plane looked a little dated.
RouteKUL to MEL
Date FlownMay 2016

"I got what I paid for"

(New Zealand)

Flew AirAsia X in March from Auckland via Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur in Economy with confirmed Optiontown 3 seats. Worth the extra NZ$65 to get a whole row to myself. Also went with the flexible ticket which gave me premium check in at Auckland. On the return I flew Bali to Sydney in Premium Flatbed which was not flat and I found myself slipping down so my feet supported my body. Quite comfortable nevertheless. Overall, I got what I paid for although despite having a prebooked meal on the AKL to OOL sector it wasn't available and I had to have something else - not best pleased with the alternative offered. Ground services in AKL and in DPS were both good with friendly check in.
RouteDPS to SYD
Date FlownApril 2016

"Quiet Zone was again a boon"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | AirAsia X recently began service from Kuala Lumpur to Auckland. We booked two tickets on the launch fare of MYR 998 return and after adding the checked in luggage, seats in the Quiet Zone as well as meals, the tickets came up to just under MYR 1,500 per person, roughly half the cost of a ticket on an Emirates flight via Melbourne. The outbound flight departed and arrived on schedule. Check in at KLIA2 was swift as we were there about 3 hours before departure. Transit at Gold Coast Airport was about 3 hours, and it was quite tolerable. We had to go through another security screening before we are allowed into the transit area. On arrival in Auckland, the checked in luggage was delivered without any undue delay. Inflight service was the usual AirAsia X standard and we appreciated the Quiet Zone as we do not have to endure crying babies, etc. There were two meal service runs on the flight to Gold Coast and a single run on the flight from Gold Coast to Auckland. On landing in Auckland, the aircraft parked at a remote bay and we boarded a bus to the terminal. The return flight from Auckland was not as smooth. Check in at Auckland Airport was very slow due to unfamiliarity of operations by the check in counter staff. Many passengers were stuck at the counter for more than 15 minutes when it should take no more than 5 minutes. Our check in process took about one hour and 15 minutes - we were there well before the check in counters opened. AirAsia X should closely examine the performance of their Auckland Airport service agents. Transit at Gold Coast Airport was only 1 hour this time and we re-boarded the aircraft soon after we cleared security! This time, seperate boarding queues was implemented to segregate transit passengers from those who were joining the flight to Kuala Lumpur from Gold Coast. Inflight service was similar to the outbound flight except that there was only one meal service from Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur. The Quiet Zone was again a boon. However, on the Auckland to Gold Coast sector, a passenger managed to sneak into this cabin and proceeded to chat with his friend throughout the three hour flight. A little annoying that the cabin crew did not pick up this passenger who upgraded himself from the back of the plane! In summary, the new AirAsia X Auckland service is welcome and the flights were full. I am not sure if I will fly this route again if the airfare was not at least 50% cheaper than the nearest competitive fare. The transit at Gold Coast Airport has added to journey time and inconvenience. I would need an attractive incentive to use this service again.
RouteKUL to AKL via OOL

"good value for money"

We flew Perth-Kuala Lumpur and return on Air Asia X. Good flights both ways, we paid a little extra to sit in the quiet zone up the front and it was worth it as many of the seats were empty and this gave us a little more room. It surprised me that they made me turn off the music on my phone for takeoff, as many airlines have moved to a policy where electronic devices are able to on for duration of flight. On the return flight the crew did not have an issue with this. Flights departed on time and overall we were happy and good value for money compared to full service carrier on this route.
RoutePER to KUL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"service of a great airline"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia X is a low cost airline with the service of a great airline! I recommend that you book economy, then later go to optiontown.com and try and upgrade to premium flatbed. We did this, but did not get flatbed. The airline, as compensation, granted everyone the ESO option, which was better than flatbed. It gave everyone a block of seats (3) to themselves, granting a comfortable flight. The transit in Kuala Lumpur was easy, and staff were happy to help us. On the shorter flight, we bought food, which was very delicious and well priced. Everyone was great. I am taking one point off because, in the pocket of my seat, there was a brochure for renting a tablet to watch movies inflight, which I hadn't heard about before. When I asked the cabin attendant if I could rent one, she said that those were only available on flights to/from Australia. My question is why have a brochure for this on a plane to China? Overall, I would definitely recommend flying AirAsia again, especially because they were a third of the price compared to Garuda and Air China.
AircraftA330-300 / A320
RoutePEK to DPS via KUL
Date FlownApril 2016

"more than a low cost company"

Kuala Lumpur to Taipei, and AirAsia X in my opinion is more than a low cost company. This time I book the business class as it is still cheap. I had great problems to get my ticket by mail. I got 2 chats with AirAsia : have to wait around 30 minutes each time. I was not able to get my ticket. But at Kuala Lumpur airport they have printed it without any problem. We wera only 3 in the fisrt class. The seat is really good : you can totally lie and have a good rest. The service is simple but enough (no wine ). It was a good flight, and I recommend this experience.
RouteKUL to TPE
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a very pleasant experience"

AirAsia X from Sydney to Denpasar. Seat 42C. Flight departed on time from Sydney and about 75% full. Efficient service onboard. Food and drink was offered after take off and again about 2 hours from destination. Cabin crew prompt to answer call bell and attend to requests. Cabin and toilets clean. Seat comfortable and decent amount of legroom. Food tasty (chicken satay - smallish but reasonably priced). Ran out of alcohol about two hours into flight. Communication from flight deck and purser informative and detailed through out flight. Landed into Denpassar on time. Flight time 6hrs exactly. Cleared formalities at Denpassar in about 15 minutes (from gate to arrival hall). Overall a very pleasant experience and I would definitely fly AirAsia X again
RouteSYD to DPS
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"great full red-eye flight"

(Japan)

A great full red-eye flight from Kuala Lumpur to Chitose on 25/2/16. Passengers mostly were from transit and the rear seat at 45-51A and C is really comfortable with good seat pitch, inflight food is medium term. The highlight is 2 Japanese FAs provided excellent service. It was a pleasure and convenient journey to have a direct flight from regional area .
RouteKUL to CTS

"FA's are attentive"

We have travelled several times with AirAsia X from Kuala Lumpur - Gold Coast return and have no issues with the airline, only compliments on the opportunity to travel at a lower price than other airlines. We know its a Low cost carrier and you have to pay for extras, luggage, meals, drinks, entertainment, blankets, but if you pre-book and follow clearly visible instruction on their web site you can save money to be spent on your holiday. Our flight on 19th February left 20 minutes late due to 2 people not boarding and their luggage needing to be removed, all this information was announced by the captain and we still arrived on the Gold Coast 5 minutes early. We pre-paid with Optiontown ($60) to have 3 seats together per person, this is a lottery and you receive confirmation 3 days prior to the flight, we were lucky and this helped us sleep as this was a night flight (we have previously received an upgrade to flatbed using Optiontown). FA's are attentive with a good command of English. Serving of pre-booked meals is first then you are able to order food and drink the cost of a meal approx. $5, bottled water $1.50 they do take most currency but change is give in Malaysian Ringget. Seat were comfortable, able to recycle, adjustable headrest, inflight magazine, small pocket space. They clearly have a product that appeals to many age groups and cultures, research their web site, follow the instruction and pre-book items you will enjoy the flight and have some extra spending money, I will be flying with AirAsia X and their partner airlines again.
RouteKUL to OOL

"is cheap and efficient"

I've flown AirAsia X many times and never had anything bad happen, except possibly a slightly delayed flight. It is cheap and efficient. You have to pay for everything like food or entertainment. But for the amount of money you save it's fine. Staff have always been friendly. Decor inside plane is pleasant. Food, particularly inter-Asia is generally quite good, especially considering it only costs $4 a meal.
RouteMEL to KUL