Best Cabin Crew

AirAsia X

"luggage didn't arrive"

AirAsia X Premium flatbed Perth to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur and again problems. As PER to KUL was late leaving, when in KUL I asked if the luggage would make the connection, all of their assurances that it would obviously meant nothing, as I was the only one left standing by the luggage carousel at Bangkok Don Muang waiting for luggage that wasn’t going to arrive. 10 hours later (after 1am) it arrived at my hotel. But not only did it miss the connection, one of the wheels of my case was broken.
AircraftA330 / A320
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePER to DMK via KUL
Date FlownDecember 2015

"experience was okay"

Kuala Lumpur to Sydney and my first time to fly with AirAsia X, and the business class is quite affordable at time of booking. It was a pleasant experience using a flatbed for 8 hour trip. Food and entertainment can be purchased before flight. Attendants are pretty busy during this trip and in and out of the area can be disturbing at times. There were only 12 seats in the section so it was not cramped. A free pillow and duvet is a bonus. Overall experience was okay.
RouteKUL to SYD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"seats were fantastic"

(Thailand)

Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. While I have flown with AirAsia X multiple times, this was my first time using their Premium Flatbed (Business Class). Check-In at KLIA2 was a breeze as there is a dedicated line to Premium Flatbed passengers, Premium passengers are also first to board and depart the plane. Flight was on time to depart and land. The seats were fantastic, as the name suggests the seat turns into a flatbed with the touch of a button. I was able to sleep for the entire duration of my red eye flight to Melbourne which made the trip well worth the price and seeing the price for my business seat was the same price as a seat on a full service economy flight, I'll definitely be using this service in the future.
RouteKUL to MEL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cabin staff are friendly"

(Cambodia)

This is my fourth flight on this route (PNH to SYD via KUL) with AirAsia X this year. I am amazed as to how consistently good the service is with what is supposed to be a low-cost airline. The cabin staff are friendly and professional. I did not pre-order any meals on the PNH-KUL or KUL-SYD sectors because I was able to have dinner in the KLIA2 transit area. The flights took off on time and landed either early or on time. For the AirAsia X flight, I especially recommend the Quiet Zone. It is really worth it. During my 2nd flight this year, I had to have an overnight transit in KUL on the way back from SYD because of a flight cancellation. AirAsia took care of everything reasonably efficiently.
RoutePNH to SYD via KUL
Date FlownNovember 2015

"but still no response"

I have used AirAsia in the past and been totally satisfied. However they have just amended a booking I had Colombo-KL from AirAsia X widebody daytime flight, to AirAsia overnight flight. They offered only a date change or a credit with 90 day validity. In my view a change of equipment, day to night, and carrier merits a refund. All attempts to contact receive a standard response saying they will examine within 48 hours. But this case is now nearly a month old. I have requested a credit, but still no response. Fly with them in the knowledge of the possibility this may occur.
RouteCMB to KUL
Date FlownNovember 2015

"I got what I paid for"

I traveled from Bangalore to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur in October this year by AirAsia and AirAsia X. The booking experience was fine. Had already registered on their website for a domestic flight earlier. While planning my trip researched on Internet and found out they had this sale where Tickets were priced less than half of Others. Without a second thought booked two for me and my wife. While booking came to know that Checked in baggage and meals need a Surcharge. But even then two tickets cost me Rs 70000 for return with 1 checked in baggage and 4 Meals which was Super Value. I had to pay for seat selection with my wife while web checkin or if I wanted extra leg space. The flights arrived and departed on schedule, flights were clean, Flight attendants were properly dressed and spoke English. Food served was average and I discovered I had to pay more in Indian rupees while pre-booking while it cost less in Malaysian currency inflight. Toilets were clean. AirAsia X flight from KUL to MEL was a widebody jet. There was no entertainment system. Seats were tight for me (6 feet) but my wife (5/6) was alright. Had 7 and 5 hours lay over at KLIA terminal 2 at Kuala Lumpur which is fine for Shopping and Eating and even has a low cost Samasama hotel where we rested for few hours. Overall I got what I paid for. I recommend planning and booking in advance to book in their frequent sales and making most of it.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteBLR to MEL via KUL
Date FlownOctober 2015

"crew were prompt and polite"

(Nepal)

Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu on AirAsia X. Friendly cabin crew were prompt and polite. Calls were responded well and with a smile. Overall a normal AirAsia X flight except that we had to wait 1.5 hrs to receive our bags at Kathmandu airport. My only issue was with the AirAsia X staff at the oversize baggage counter who refused to put on a fragile sticker on my luggage insisting it was not her job to do so and she did it in a very arrogant manner.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kathmandu
Date FlownOctober 2015

"for the price paid it was brilliant"

We were originally booked on the AirAsia X Adelaide to Kuala Lumpur service. That route was cancelled and we were offered Melbourne to Kuala Lupmur instead. AirAsia X paid to get us to Melbourne the night before, ready for an early morning departure. We had booked seats in the economy quiet zone. That is wonderful. It costs $22 extra for 8 hours of peace and quiet. It is rarely full, as being a budget airline, most customers prefer to take their chances in the back cabin. So we had the seat between us free, or could sleep on a row of 3 seats. That wasn't the case in the back cabin. So we got incredible value for our money. We had booked one bag between us and took onboard the usual cabin luggage. We booked 2 meals each, and took a bag of fruit and salad to supplement it. The chicken sate meal is perfect. There is a good magazine in the seat pocket. Enough to keep you reading a couple hours. You can pay for a tablet rental, or bring your own if you want videos. The flight took off and arrived a bit late, but luggage arrived quickly, so we were out of the airport at the other end as planned. All in all, for the price paid it was brilliant!
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2015

AirAsia X customer review

Not a bad airline as long as nothing goes wrong. However if your baggage goes missing or your plane breaks down and you consequently miss your connection due to a 4 hour delay, you are on your own. Do not expect any assistance whatsoever. I have contacted the airline directly concerning this matter and this was their reply, "Please be informed that AirAsia is point-to-point carrier and does not encourage connecting flights and same condition with your check-in baggage." As a result, if you must catch connecting flights, I would not recommend AirAsia.
RouteGold Coast to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2015

AirAsia X customer review

Very smooth flight. Food pretty good for a low cost carrier. The usual comfortable but not quite flat AAX Business class. Most acceptable for the price. Attentive flight attendants, with a sense of humour. The early morning coffee (for a small charge) is an improvement. Two issues. I have problems seeing why we checked in online. It doesn't seem to speed things up. Our Business class check in was extremely slow. AAX should have a look at the system used by Hong Kong Express, also a low budget carrier. If you fly from KLIA2, be aware that it is a looong walk to the departure gates. It woild be easy to miss planes by assuming they were the usual distance from Customs and Security check points.
AircraftA 300