AirAsia X

"charge extra for everything"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur. No inflight entertainment. Seats are rock hard and sit too upright. Absolutely freezing so make sure you bring a coat as they charge you for a blanket. They entice you into a flight with great prices to realise they charge extra for everything a full service airline give you as standard.
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Staff are courteous"

Trip Verified | I was very skeptical about this, as people had informed me that the flight gets delayed, they cancel the flights often due xyz reasons, but I took a shot and booked two way tickets with meals and checkin baggage as an add-on. I travelled Economy. Web Check In Process: Seat Selection automatic, and three step check in, even if you have not purchased baggage, meals at the time of purchasing the ticket, it can be done at the time of web check in, at the same cost. The Meals served were of the best quality, quantity and taste and value for money. Pre-booking a meal saves you 45% of what you pay for the same on board. Yes water is chargeable on these flights, do carry your own water bottle. The seats for the AirAsia X flights have ample leg space and are good enough for an 8 to 9 hour journey. Staff are courteous and very well groomed, no complaints from that side, very pleasant people. Inflight entertainment has to be carried on your own, ipads, laptops as seats dont have screens, but for the price we pay for ticket I have no regrets. The flight infrastructure from the interior is good, even the toilets are always clean. So except for the water part which was a surprise to me, paying 3 Ringgits for 300 ML Water, approx rupees was a bit disappointing. The rest was a pleasurable experience.
RouteSydney to Bangalore via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"appreciation to the staff"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur. Fantastic flight to KL. I had recently broken my toe and was an Economy passenger. The help and consideration I received was outstanding and my thanks and appreciation to the staff on that flight. I have never flown AirAsia before and I must say I had low expectations of this budget airline but I was pleasantly surprised indeed. Many thanks for ensuring I had a comfortable flight. I will definitely fly AirAsia again!
RouteSydney to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"service on board was pleasant"

Trip Verified | On the 15th December 2017 I travelled from Pattaya, Thailand to Jakarta, Indonesia on Air Asia. I had to change in Kuala Lumpur for my second and connecting flight. The connection was bearable. The service on board was pleasant. We arrived very early in the morning in Jakarta so I had to sleep for a few hours before catching a local bus to Jakarta City. I always try and fly Air Asia.
RoutePattaya to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I will fly AirAsia X again"

Trip Verified | I travelled AirAsia X from Osaka to Honolulu on the 2nd February 2018. I booked in economy for the seven hour flight, I ordered a chicken meal in advance which was given to someone else sitting in front of me even though they had seen my boarding pass a minute or two before. I made a protest and got my meal back slightly opened, but not eaten. All around a reasonable flight. I will fly AirAsia X again.
RouteOsaka to Honolulu

"$200 charge for bags"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Denpasar Bali. The worst flight we’ve ever had. We are on our honeymoon and had to pay the equivalent of $100 for each bag (two 8kg backpacking bags). When we sat on the plane, we were not together. The plane was almost empty - we asked to switch and they hesitated and then told us a specific area we could sit in. Why wouldn’t the check in counter seat us together? We had prebooked our seats, but that didn’t matter. No water or tea service is served free. We bought one small meal and couldn’t afford anything else. The toilet was out of soap and paper towel. Honestly all of that would have been fine if it wasn’t for the $200 charge for bags and not being able to get free water.
RouteTokyo to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew were really friendly"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. I got a great price on the premium flatbed and decided to try it. The seat is an angled flatbed but was remarkably comfortable and I managed to get a good few hours sleep. You also get an Ipad with entertainment and a meal but you have to pay for drinks. The crew were really friendly and efficient. For a budget airline they did a great job. I was surprised at how good the journey was for a 15 hour trip and I didn't feel at all tired when I arrived.
RouteSydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2017

"staff have horrible attitudes"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur. Will avoid this airline like a plague in the future. I lately thought it was ok to fly with AirAsia and quickly realised it was not the case. The phone customer service was friendly but the ground and inflight staff have horrible attitudes. Just because you are budget airline, you are not being paid to be rude and treat customers like low class citizens. My stupidity led me to fly long haul where I was assigned a seat right at the back of the plane. For $100-200 I should have chosen another airlines. Lesson learned the hard way.
RouteBeijing to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"prebooked meal for bento delicious"

Verified Review | Osaka to Honolulu. Flight was so full, some of the attendant is rushed, impatient and surly, while it was fun chatting beside galley while it last. The prebooked meal for bento was delicious but selection choice should be more varied. The cabin is hot mostly.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOsaka to Honolulu
Date FlownNovember 2017

"mobile app doesn't even work"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Osaka to Kuala Lumpur. After checking in online I'd still have to queue for a long time to drop my bag. Also, what's the point of having mobile apps if the mobile app doesn't even work? I can't even view my boarding pass there and the apps keeps shutting down.
RouteOsaka to Kuala Lumpur