AirAsia X

"mobile app doesn't even work"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Osaka to Kuala Lumpur. After checking in online I'd still have to queue for a long time to drop my bag. Also, what's the point of having mobile apps if the mobile app doesn't even work? I can't even view my boarding pass there and the apps keeps shutting down.
RouteOsaka to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Well worth for the money"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast. My pre-book meal delivered without any mistakes. Food is acceptable , clean and tidy. Staff are very polite professional. When fasten seat belt sign come, They follow strict rules. Toilets are kept clean throughout the journey. Must better than some full paid airlines. There are no television which is good you can sleep without disturbances. Well worth for the money.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast
Date FlownAugust 2017

"staff were really friendly"

Verified Review | Lovely flight from Kuala Lumpur to Osaka with AirAsia X. Plane was on time and clean, staff were really friendly, plenty of food and purchase food options although they had run out of ice-creams. Return flight issue was that on-line check in was not working, see picture which meant I had to pay for additional luggage even though we had already paid for 3 bags on the first leg because we only used 1 bag on that leg we still had to pay £45 extra. The guy at check in could not waive this fee even though he understood our issue but he moved us to extra leg room seats as a compensation. Good total price paid and both airports are excellent so will definitely use this route again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteOsaka to Kuala lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"disappointing experience"

(Japan)

Verified Review | My mother and I were really excited to be flying with AirAsia X as it was considered the best low cost airline. However, our flight from the beginning until the end was a disappointing experience. To begin with, the ground staff didn't even greet us with a smile as if she was mad whilst doing her job. Then we realised our seats weren't together so we asked, and she rudely told us that we had to pay extra to be seated next to each other (we don't mind paying the extra fee, by the way. But we would've appreciated it more if we were told about it nicely). Then the whole entire flight, not a single smile on the faces of the crews. One crew member, whilst doing the safety procedures sighed and made an eye roll. Thankfully, the person sitting beside my mother was really nice and was helping her out throughout the flight but overall, we were really disappointed with their service and we have experienced better service at other low cost airlines.
RouteTokyo to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2017

"chose the wrong date"

Verified Review | Sydney to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur. I resently booked a flight with AirAsia X and chose the wrong date. I straight away tried to contact AirAsia. After 1 hour in the waiting line for the live chat I was informed call again during their office hours. For the date change I was charged about the same amount as the flight itself. Plus got a flight with a 12 hour long waiting time at the airport. AirAsia X used to be one of my favorite arlines, but the customer service experience was very disappointing this time.
RouteSydney to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"it was really great."

Verified Review | Perth to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur. My wife and kids flew on AirAsia and we're quite delighted with the lie flat seats and service on board. It was really great. Thank you. The food though needs a little work and could be improved. On a negative though is the communication using the app. We were charged for lounge access when it should have been included in premium. It does seem the booking system makes errors with charging and I see on the return we are being charged for food when we selected that option in our fare. In essence there is a lot over double charging which I don't appreciate. I have just tried the app to complain and it says I have already completed a form yet I have not. It is a shame because it seems that are getting a lot right in the air. A pity that the systems lead to overcharging and frustration.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePerth to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2017

"there was a huge line"

Verified Review | I have booked return tickets from Singapore to Tehran, with a transit at Kuala Lumpur. The outbound flight from Singapore to Tehran was all fine, but during the return flight I had to get out at Kuala Lumpur airport and get in again without any reason given. It wasn't a very good experience since there was a huge line and immigration checking took around 3 hours, not mentioning the visa on arrival costed extra. Until now, no staff has given me a valid reason.
RouteTehran to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2017

"needed to cancel our flight"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala LumpurWe try to fly on a budget, and we have flown on various airlines. I have an online account with Air Asia so that I can make bookings when we fly. Now, when talking about experiences, overall, it is what it is - nothing spectacular, nothing bad. We decided to organise a small holiday for my wife's family in Vietnam, to travel to their hometown. Later, my wife decided she wanted to join in, so we made a booking for her, with Air Asia being the cheapest at the time of booking. As time progressed, my wife had gotten pregnant. So, we needed to cancel our flight. Unfortunately, due to Air Asia's terms and conditions, we could not get our money back. Their cancellation fee was massive too. With no other choices I agreed, submitted all the paperwork required. What happened next was just a series of frustrating emails back and forth, as calling them was useless as they couldn't do anything, but would refer you to use their online system. Going through that meant 1-2 business day waits for replies. And the issue I was having was they would not give me the account credit. They said that they could only give the credit to the passenger's account, or to the person who made the payment. So my account doesn't count, because the passenger was my wife, not me. In the end, I had to make a new account, one for my wife, so they could finally give the account credit. Fine, after all the hassle, we have the credit, substantially less than what we paid. Going forward, since we can't fly as my wife is pregnant, and I need to work and save up money, that credit goes to waste.
RouteMelbourne to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2017

"Overall a positive experience"

Verified Review | Sydney to Kuala Lumpur. Relatively painless baggage drop and boarding process. Clean cabin although low interior lighting most of the time and toilets were messy half through an 8-hour flight. Staff were friendly, efficient and impressively firm with some guests standing up and making mobile calls when taxiing for takeoff. On board food and beverages have also improved noticeably. Overall a positive experience with this D7223 flight.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2017

"was a great travel experience"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. Best low cost airline. On time departure, nice clean aircraft, excellent options in food and beverage, staff with excellent service attitude, decent pitch between seats. It was a great travel experience at a very low cost, excellent value. I will travel and recommend Air Asia anytime
AircraftA330-300