AirAsia X

"service on board was pleasant"

Trip Verified | On the 15th December 2017 I travelled from Pattaya, Thailand to Jakarta, Indonesia on Air Asia. I had to change in Kuala Lumpur for my second and connecting flight. The connection was bearable. The service on board was pleasant. We arrived very early in the morning in Jakarta so I had to sleep for a few hours before catching a local bus to Jakarta City. I always try and fly Air Asia.
RoutePattaya to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I will fly AirAsia X again"

Trip Verified | I travelled AirAsia X from Osaka to Honolulu on the 2nd February 2018. I booked in economy for the seven hour flight, I ordered a chicken meal in advance which was given to someone else sitting in front of me even though they had seen my boarding pass a minute or two before. I made a protest and got my meal back slightly opened, but not eaten. All around a reasonable flight. I will fly AirAsia X again.
RouteOsaka to Honolulu

"$200 charge for bags"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Denpasar Bali. The worst flight we’ve ever had. We are on our honeymoon and had to pay the equivalent of $100 for each bag (two 8kg backpacking bags). When we sat on the plane, we were not together. The plane was almost empty - we asked to switch and they hesitated and then told us a specific area we could sit in. Why wouldn’t the check in counter seat us together? We had prebooked our seats, but that didn’t matter. No water or tea service is served free. We bought one small meal and couldn’t afford anything else. The toilet was out of soap and paper towel. Honestly all of that would have been fine if it wasn’t for the $200 charge for bags and not being able to get free water.
RouteTokyo to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew were really friendly"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. I got a great price on the premium flatbed and decided to try it. The seat is an angled flatbed but was remarkably comfortable and I managed to get a good few hours sleep. You also get an Ipad with entertainment and a meal but you have to pay for drinks. The crew were really friendly and efficient. For a budget airline they did a great job. I was surprised at how good the journey was for a 15 hour trip and I didn't feel at all tired when I arrived.
RouteSydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2017

"staff have horrible attitudes"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur. Will avoid this airline like a plague in the future. I lately thought it was ok to fly with AirAsia and quickly realised it was not the case. The phone customer service was friendly but the ground and inflight staff have horrible attitudes. Just because you are budget airline, you are not being paid to be rude and treat customers like low class citizens. My stupidity led me to fly long haul where I was assigned a seat right at the back of the plane. For $100-200 I should have chosen another airlines. Lesson learned the hard way.
RouteBeijing to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"prebooked meal for bento delicious"

Verified Review | Osaka to Honolulu. Flight was so full, some of the attendant is rushed, impatient and surly, while it was fun chatting beside galley while it last. The prebooked meal for bento was delicious but selection choice should be more varied. The cabin is hot mostly.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOsaka to Honolulu
Date FlownNovember 2017

"mobile app doesn't even work"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Osaka to Kuala Lumpur. After checking in online I'd still have to queue for a long time to drop my bag. Also, what's the point of having mobile apps if the mobile app doesn't even work? I can't even view my boarding pass there and the apps keeps shutting down.
RouteOsaka to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Well worth for the money"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast. My pre-book meal delivered without any mistakes. Food is acceptable , clean and tidy. Staff are very polite professional. When fasten seat belt sign come, They follow strict rules. Toilets are kept clean throughout the journey. Must better than some full paid airlines. There are no television which is good you can sleep without disturbances. Well worth for the money.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast
Date FlownAugust 2017

"staff were really friendly"

Verified Review | Lovely flight from Kuala Lumpur to Osaka with AirAsia X. Plane was on time and clean, staff were really friendly, plenty of food and purchase food options although they had run out of ice-creams. Return flight issue was that on-line check in was not working, see picture which meant I had to pay for additional luggage even though we had already paid for 3 bags on the first leg because we only used 1 bag on that leg we still had to pay £45 extra. The guy at check in could not waive this fee even though he understood our issue but he moved us to extra leg room seats as a compensation. Good total price paid and both airports are excellent so will definitely use this route again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteOsaka to Kuala lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"disappointing experience"

(Japan)

Verified Review | My mother and I were really excited to be flying with AirAsia X as it was considered the best low cost airline. However, our flight from the beginning until the end was a disappointing experience. To begin with, the ground staff didn't even greet us with a smile as if she was mad whilst doing her job. Then we realised our seats weren't together so we asked, and she rudely told us that we had to pay extra to be seated next to each other (we don't mind paying the extra fee, by the way. But we would've appreciated it more if we were told about it nicely). Then the whole entire flight, not a single smile on the faces of the crews. One crew member, whilst doing the safety procedures sighed and made an eye roll. Thankfully, the person sitting beside my mother was really nice and was helping her out throughout the flight but overall, we were really disappointed with their service and we have experienced better service at other low cost airlines.
RouteTokyo to Bali via Kuala Lumpur