AirAsia X

"if approved I will get my money back"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. Upgraded to flatbed only to be advised on boarding that the seats were double booked and sent back to cramped seats with no leg room. Advised I need to request them to investigate via e-form to get my monies returned. Told the investigation may take a week or so and then only if approved I will get my money back for a service they never supplied. So far its cost me $800.00 for nothing. Not sure if they will refund or not. Thought I would give them another chance this time, what a mistake that was.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a few minutes error"

Trip Verified | I've flied with AirAsia many times, the seats are quite cramped and everything costs extra but the prices are very cheap when booked in advance. However at Kuala Lumpur (Klia2) airport I got lost and had a lot of luggage so I had to use the lifts which would only take me up one floor at the time - it took me ages to get to Departures. I was able to check in at the Self check in machines and I even got my luggage tags but when I arrived at the Baggage drop 5 min later, the staff said that she can't accept my bags anymore (the flight was leaving in 55 min). I went to complain to the Customer Service desk and the staff was very unhelpful and rude couldn't care less that I was going to miss a flight because of a few minutes error. I asked about different options and they only offered to "change" my flight for next day which would have cost me AUD 960 - I had paid AUD 160 for my flight. I ended up sleeping at the airport and taking another flight next morning through Bali with another company which was a little cheaper than the option that they had offered me.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast
Date FlownJuly 2018

"say thank you to him"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur. A male aircrew who had served me at the same flight made my worth experience with AirAsia X. I was kind of in panic at that time under strange surroundings and my bad condition with long journey. However, I was impressed when he asked me ‘may I help you?’ at totally out of his field and he took care me till I could go to my stay safely, more than 2h. As a person who does customer service too, I was more grateful that I can understand it is hard to do after hard-working. Doing so, even though I cannot really remember his name, I want to say thank you to him by this review. The moment inflight was not bad, it was right there what I expected. Nevertheless, his service- mind changed my mind to head to AirAsia again.
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2018

"They refused to compensate"

Trip Verified | I recently had a flight from Sydney to New Delhi with a 1 hour 15 minute layover in Kuala Lumpur. Apprehensive about the layover, I called Air Asia customer care to check what happens if I miss my flight and I was assured that if the first flight is delayed, the connecting will also be delayed and I will not miss my flight to New Delhi. But I did miss my flight thanks to an hour long delay in Sydney. I was then asked to either stay at the airport for 5 days (I didn't have a Malaysian visa since it was transit only) or fly to another city in India and of course I picked the latter. But then I had to book another flight for myself early in the morning at for 2am to get to my home city with exorbitant charges. They refused to compensate in any way.
RouteSydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2018

"I would definitely fly again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I have always been a regular traveler for Air Asia since it started year during the late 90's. And thanks to Air Asia, I had been to many countries that I had never thought I would be going. This May 2018 I'm flying for the first time to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur from Miri. My flight was suppose to be 5:30pm but it was delayed until 8pm, and my connection flight was 11:30pm from Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai. The time I arrived Kuala Lumpur it's already 10:45pm and I have to run like crazy person in order to get to my departure gate. The seat was not comfortable for the 5 hours flight, but I had flown before more than 5 hours, so, I have to accept the seat was meant to be like this, and I just need to find my own way to have a good rest. I would say the best part of the flight was the food actually, which I pre-ordered and I really enjoy the meal. I like also the interaction between the Cabin Crew with the passengers. I would definitely fly again and again. As long as the price is affordable, and the food is good!
AircraftAir Bus A330-300
RouteMiri to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2018

"we were pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur. Just want to say we were pleasantly surprised. We had not flown Air Asia before but the cabin crew and a special mention to Joyce who was very friendly consistently smiling throughout the 8 hour flight and helpful.
RouteMelbourne to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur

"I like AirAsia"

Trip Verified | On 22nd June I fly on AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast. I had to do a document check and it was carried very efficiently. Lots to do in the airport so my transit did not seem that long. Boarding was smooth with extra check taking place to ask security questions. At KUL you stay in the gate area until they open the gangway. I had seat 48C an isle which was comfortable and easy to go to the bathroom. I like AirAsia and I will fly them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast

"Fabulous flights"

Trip Verified | Fabulous flights with AirAsia X yet again. Both long flights were overnighters so the lie flat beds are brilliant. Service was excellent as was the food. First two flights on time but coming home half an hour delay from Phuket to KL & then the flight into Gold Coast was half an hour late arriving too but, very minimal. Didn't use the entertainment. Just slept & read. Just brilliant that these Premium/Business class flights are affordable even by us. Could never afford it with a full service airline.
AircraftA330-200
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGold Coast to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2018

"had not pre-paid for this"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Osaka. When booking I paid for 2 checked bags at 30 dollars a piece, not bad. When returning we had extra bags which needed to be checked but we had not pre-paid for this. At the airport, they demanded a counter fee for checking in at $123 dollars a piece! This is extortion. 4 times the price because you did not check a box online? It was not just me that dealt with this as no less than 10 passengers around us were irate with the same issue.
RouteHonolulu to Osaka
Date FlownApril 2018

"limited music and films"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. I enjoyed the flight. It included the use of the Air Asia Lounge at KLIA2 which was a nice surprise. Check in was efficient and friendly and the plane left on time. The pre purchased food they served was very tasty. Much better then Jetstar. It was a pity they couldn't offer a choice of a continental breakfast in the morning including cereal and juice although I was happy with Nasi Lemak. IFE was not worth the trouble. Very limited music and films. The quality of sound was poor as well. I was also amazed that it was only possible to by 3 cans of Tiger Beer! It was not possible to purchase one only. Not a sensible decision.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne