AirAsia X

"more than 6 weeks to reply"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sydney on low-fare ticket. Service was manic and disorganised, often bordering on rude. For an 8 hour flight I wasn't offered a free glass of water. Essentially they know you're going to pay. Emailed them with some feedback and took them more than 6 weeks to reply. Pay the extra and fly with an airline that actually has some thought about their passenger.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2018

"not hearing a word from them"

Trip Verified | We bought return air tickets from AirAsia X for travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Sapporo-Shin-Chitose on last Sunday (9 Sep) and return on 17 Sep. A strong earthquake hit Hokkaido on September 6, damaged buildings and infrastructure, airport and caused many landslides, airport closure and power outages, AirAsia published an announcement on their website news room later on the same day for the service recovery options for guests traveling on these flights from 8 - 11 September. We were afraid most hotels, restaurants, and shops would remained closed, we decided to retain the value of our booking in AirAsia BIG Loyalty account. We monitored our mailbox and SMS closely but never receive an email from AirAsia for so called service recovery option. We called multiple calls to AirAsia Malaysia call centre and tried to reach to their customer support via LiveChat, Twitter, Facebook, and even wrote to them and completed e-form several times since 8 Sep till today 12 Sep. All methods we have tried but not hearing a word from them. We did not take flight but we did not get refund in any form. We bought value packs which includes standard seat selection. However, I noticed AirAsia is charging us the seats when we tried to select standard seats on the website after the booking is confirmed. Even we tried to get hot seats, the initial seats are not refund. There are many unhappy, frustrated customers like us.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sapporo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"charged for the extra luggage"

Not Verified | Colombo to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur. My wife and I have travelled from Sydney to Trichy in July. I purchased the baggage for 25kg each but the actual weight was only 15kg each. The airline said that they cannot downgrade the allowance once it is paid. When we came back from Colombo to Sydney in August, we got 6kg over weight. Therefore I have tried to increase the allowance from 25kg to 30kg for each. I have spent about 5 hours in my phone and several attempts to increase the allowance, but the Airasia system did not allow me to do so. Although it is their system issue, I was charged for the extra luggage at very high rate at the Colombo airport and I was advised to get the refund at KLIA. The customer service person at the KLIA advise me to try the telephone customer support team. The telephone customer support team asked me to fill an eForm to get the refund. But the airline has treated me with suspicious instead of investigating the failure of their system. I have only requested the refund of surcharge fee at the airport (i.e. difference between the online fee and the airport fee for the additional luggage).
RouteColombo to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"if approved I will get my money back"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. Upgraded to flatbed only to be advised on boarding that the seats were double booked and sent back to cramped seats with no leg room. Advised I need to request them to investigate via e-form to get my monies returned. Told the investigation may take a week or so and then only if approved I will get my money back for a service they never supplied. So far its cost me $800.00 for nothing. Not sure if they will refund or not. Thought I would give them another chance this time, what a mistake that was.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a few minutes error"

Trip Verified | I've flied with AirAsia many times, the seats are quite cramped and everything costs extra but the prices are very cheap when booked in advance. However at Kuala Lumpur (Klia2) airport I got lost and had a lot of luggage so I had to use the lifts which would only take me up one floor at the time - it took me ages to get to Departures. I was able to check in at the Self check in machines and I even got my luggage tags but when I arrived at the Baggage drop 5 min later, the staff said that she can't accept my bags anymore (the flight was leaving in 55 min). I went to complain to the Customer Service desk and the staff was very unhelpful and rude couldn't care less that I was going to miss a flight because of a few minutes error. I asked about different options and they only offered to "change" my flight for next day which would have cost me AUD 960 - I had paid AUD 160 for my flight. I ended up sleeping at the airport and taking another flight next morning through Bali with another company which was a little cheaper than the option that they had offered me.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast
Date FlownJuly 2018

"say thank you to him"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur. A male aircrew who had served me at the same flight made my worth experience with AirAsia X. I was kind of in panic at that time under strange surroundings and my bad condition with long journey. However, I was impressed when he asked me ‘may I help you?’ at totally out of his field and he took care me till I could go to my stay safely, more than 2h. As a person who does customer service too, I was more grateful that I can understand it is hard to do after hard-working. Doing so, even though I cannot really remember his name, I want to say thank you to him by this review. The moment inflight was not bad, it was right there what I expected. Nevertheless, his service- mind changed my mind to head to AirAsia again.
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2018

"They refused to compensate"

Trip Verified | I recently had a flight from Sydney to New Delhi with a 1 hour 15 minute layover in Kuala Lumpur. Apprehensive about the layover, I called Air Asia customer care to check what happens if I miss my flight and I was assured that if the first flight is delayed, the connecting will also be delayed and I will not miss my flight to New Delhi. But I did miss my flight thanks to an hour long delay in Sydney. I was then asked to either stay at the airport for 5 days (I didn't have a Malaysian visa since it was transit only) or fly to another city in India and of course I picked the latter. But then I had to book another flight for myself early in the morning at for 2am to get to my home city with exorbitant charges. They refused to compensate in any way.
RouteSydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2018

"I would definitely fly again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I have always been a regular traveler for Air Asia since it started year during the late 90's. And thanks to Air Asia, I had been to many countries that I had never thought I would be going. This May 2018 I'm flying for the first time to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur from Miri. My flight was suppose to be 5:30pm but it was delayed until 8pm, and my connection flight was 11:30pm from Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai. The time I arrived Kuala Lumpur it's already 10:45pm and I have to run like crazy person in order to get to my departure gate. The seat was not comfortable for the 5 hours flight, but I had flown before more than 5 hours, so, I have to accept the seat was meant to be like this, and I just need to find my own way to have a good rest. I would say the best part of the flight was the food actually, which I pre-ordered and I really enjoy the meal. I like also the interaction between the Cabin Crew with the passengers. I would definitely fly again and again. As long as the price is affordable, and the food is good!
AircraftAir Bus A330-300
RouteMiri to Shanghai via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2018

"we were pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur. Just want to say we were pleasantly surprised. We had not flown Air Asia before but the cabin crew and a special mention to Joyce who was very friendly consistently smiling throughout the 8 hour flight and helpful.
RouteMelbourne to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur

"I like AirAsia"

Trip Verified | On 22nd June I fly on AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast. I had to do a document check and it was carried very efficiently. Lots to do in the airport so my transit did not seem that long. Boarding was smooth with extra check taking place to ask security questions. At KUL you stay in the gate area until they open the gangway. I had seat 48C an isle which was comfortable and easy to go to the bathroom. I like AirAsia and I will fly them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast