Top 100 Airlines

Air Transat

"the crew were excellent"

Air Transat flight from Paris to Montreal. I have mixed feelings about this airline. The ground staff and the crew were excellent (very supportive and the stewardesses did great job during the flight). However, the seats are tight and there is no any legroom. The bistro menu is a bit of a joke. One cold sandwich for 8 hours flight - this is not acceptable. I do not understand why the company is not willing to sell the hot food (usual airline meal). If the Air Transat sells blanket, pillow, headsets etc., I would advise to add airline hot meal tray for purchase as well.
RouteCDG to YUL

"seat very uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Toronto to London Gatwick with Air Transat. Check-in was fantastic. No line ups. Flight was delayed but when boarded there was another delay of 2.5 hours due to catering. So why were we boarded? Seat was very uncomfortable and seat pitch was awful. Pleasant staff. Bistro meal and banana bread breakfast was terrible. Inflight entertainment was average. I would not travel with this company again.
RouteYYZ to LGW
Date FlownMay 2016

"no more Air Transat for our family"

Verified Review | We were flying from Toronto to Cayo Coco, Cuba on April 14. Our plane was supposed to leave at 6:25 am. but was delayed because of catering. They didn't board us until 7am and then made us wait onboard for that catering for another 3 hours. We departed from Toronto at 10am when we actually were supposed to be landing in Cayo Coco. No water was offered while we were waiting for catering. Kids were crying, a lot of people got stiff and claustrophobic. But it didn't matter much to Air Transat! During the flight another surprise, it turned out that we wouldn't be getting any sandwich or water for free. Air Transat after 3.5 hours of our vacation time stolen still wanted to make money on us. A little bottle of water cost $3, a sandwich or little pizza - $7.75 etc. We were really disappointed. When we came back from our vacation we filed a complaint with Air Transat, but received an answer that nothing irregular had happened and Air Transat didn't owe us anything. So no more Air Transat for our family.
RouteYYZ to CCC
Date FlownApril 2016

"not impressed with the Bistro menu"

Toronto to Glasgow with Air Transat. Not impressed with the Euro Bistro menu. I ordered the hot grilled vegetable sandwich which was stone cold and the vegetables were mushy could not eat it. The lady next to me ordered the hot brie and ham sandwich which was also cold. It was very disappointing. Also the breakfast snack was some kind of banana bread. The package was wet and the bread was soggy. Please consider using some other caterer - this one is atrocious.
RouteYYZ to GLA
Date FlownMay 2016

"don't seem to respect their customers"

Our family is disappointed that due to a "Catering mishap" our flight to Cayo Coco from Toronto was delayed 3.5 hours. The entire plane was boarded, only to be told that Air Transat would not authorize taking off until the catered food was loaded (even thought the flight to Cuba takes about 3 hours). Apparently the caterer had made a mistake and we all had to waste valuable hours of our family vacations waiting around. To top it all off, the airline charged us for the bistro food. I thought they would have at least had the courtesy of providing us with free food. I don't think we would book Air Transat again. They don't seem to respect their customers time.
RouteYYZ to CCC
Date FlownApril 2016

"no respect for customers"

Cancun to Edmonton. Absolutely the last time! What was originally sold as a direct Air Transat flight was changed to a stop in Calgary to let off passengers. Do not have a problem with that, but someone in the company decided to take all Edmonton bound passengers off the plane and put us on a different plane at midnight! Surprise to the flight crew and ground crew as no one was prepared. Huge delay and the total lack of concern from customer relations is a big red flag. No respect for their customers.
RouteCUN to YEG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff was very friendly"

My Air Transat flight from Amsterdam to Toronto was on an airplane with no individual tv's, but only aisle tv's every so may rows which was a little disappointment. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was surprised at how often we got something to drink. Twice a soda and twice coffee/tea and of course a drink along with the dinner. I am a vegetarian so I did put a special meal request prior to my trip. I wasn't disappointed at what I got. On my trip back I did have my own tv which was really nice. Good choice of movies/ shows to kill the time.
RouteAMS to YYZ
Date FlownOctober 2015

"the crew were wonderful"

Haultuco to Toronto. The airplane was clean, well stocked and the crew were wonderful. Our biggest complaint is how cold the cabin became an hour after take off. It was so cold that people were complaining. I had an Air transat blanket previously bought on another flight we took from Portugal last year. This along with 3 sweaters and a hoody, and wool socks were not enough. The flight attendant was rubbing and blowing into her hands to stay warm at the back of the airplane. About two hours after take off, I found the cabin to be a bit more comfortable, not blowing cold air on your face, (it was not the vents above us blowing the air). It was still cold, but not freezing. This is the third time this has happened going on an Air Transat charter. It was cold going to Mexico this last time, but not as freezing as our previous trip down to Mexico last year and coming back this year. We enjoy the service and the flight, but unless something is done about the cabin temperature, we will no longer be taking Air Transat anymore.
RouteHUX to YYZ

Air Transat customer review

Manchester to Toronto return. Booking email (through edreams) said online check in to print boarding passes would be within 24hrs but rang to confirm this, and was told we had to check in at the airport. Also emailed edreams few days earlier and Air Transat direct to ask baggage allowance to clarify one small carry on case up to 10kg plus purse, camera bag or laptop case allowed. Edreams only quoted the same sentence, but Air Transat replied personally and confirmed a handbag (or in the case of my child her rucksack) was fine to carry onboard. Large blue seating (3x3x3)with good leg room, middle arm rests do go up and down. Reasonable recline too. Left late due to technical problem-a fault which controlled hot water pump, they didn't manage to fix it so only hand gel in toilets for hand washing and no hot water for teaor coffee for 8hr flight! 11 overhead IFE screens to be shared between all passengers. First hour or so maps showing distance travelled, route, timings etc then 3 films. Only card payments on board - no cash, no debit card. All duty free in Canadian Dollars (still not cash tho). They offered comfort packs (headphones, pillow, blanket, eye shield $9) headphones without pack $8. Children given travel pack with an activity note book in, crayon pen, cards, headphones, reusable sticker sheet-space theme and blow up ball! Visa cards for entry to Canada, complimentary water, pop or juice (option to buy wine or champagne). Lunch tray 2hrs after takeoff. Received complimentary glass of wine. Return flight leaving Canada 9pm landing UK 9am. Pearson airport: Duty free a bit spread out but found usual stuff near our gate 31. What you buy gets kept then delivered to your gate just before boarding. Option to load unused change to PayPal or ITunes on a machine at airport but don't know if minimum upload etc. Gate lounge had online iPads to use with pay machines for food orders from the cafe in situ. Flight boarded on time and no one questioned my baggage. I had two pull on cases within 10kg allowance plus a rucksack and handbag, coats and duty free!
AircraftA310-300
RouteMAN to YYZ
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"customer service oriented"

Toronto to Punta Cana with Air Transat. A 4hr flight and they were extremely customer service oriented. Taking off and landing on time, the service on the plane was fantastic. Return flight was exceptional. The attendants even recommended that we take other empty seats to be more comfortable - we were 4 (2 parents and 2 five year olds). They gave our boys a kiddie loot bag that had headphones that the boys could use for the inflight entertainment. Thank you for a great flight/service.
RouteYYZ to PUJ