Top 100 Airlines

Air Transat

"don't seem to respect their customers"

Our family is disappointed that due to a "Catering mishap" our flight to Cayo Coco from Toronto was delayed 3.5 hours. The entire plane was boarded, only to be told that Air Transat would not authorize taking off until the catered food was loaded (even thought the flight to Cuba takes about 3 hours). Apparently the caterer had made a mistake and we all had to waste valuable hours of our family vacations waiting around. To top it all off, the airline charged us for the bistro food. I thought they would have at least had the courtesy of providing us with free food. I don't think we would book Air Transat again. They don't seem to respect their customers time.
RouteYYZ to CCC
Date FlownApril 2016

"no respect for customers"

Cancun to Edmonton. Absolutely the last time! What was originally sold as a direct Air Transat flight was changed to a stop in Calgary to let off passengers. Do not have a problem with that, but someone in the company decided to take all Edmonton bound passengers off the plane and put us on a different plane at midnight! Surprise to the flight crew and ground crew as no one was prepared. Huge delay and the total lack of concern from customer relations is a big red flag. No respect for their customers.
RouteCUN to YEG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff was very friendly"

My Air Transat flight from Amsterdam to Toronto was on an airplane with no individual tv's, but only aisle tv's every so may rows which was a little disappointment. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was surprised at how often we got something to drink. Twice a soda and twice coffee/tea and of course a drink along with the dinner. I am a vegetarian so I did put a special meal request prior to my trip. I wasn't disappointed at what I got. On my trip back I did have my own tv which was really nice. Good choice of movies/ shows to kill the time.
RouteAMS to YYZ
Date FlownOctober 2015

"the crew were wonderful"

Haultuco to Toronto. The airplane was clean, well stocked and the crew were wonderful. Our biggest complaint is how cold the cabin became an hour after take off. It was so cold that people were complaining. I had an Air transat blanket previously bought on another flight we took from Portugal last year. This along with 3 sweaters and a hoody, and wool socks were not enough. The flight attendant was rubbing and blowing into her hands to stay warm at the back of the airplane. About two hours after take off, I found the cabin to be a bit more comfortable, not blowing cold air on your face, (it was not the vents above us blowing the air). It was still cold, but not freezing. This is the third time this has happened going on an Air Transat charter. It was cold going to Mexico this last time, but not as freezing as our previous trip down to Mexico last year and coming back this year. We enjoy the service and the flight, but unless something is done about the cabin temperature, we will no longer be taking Air Transat anymore.
RouteHUX to YYZ

Air Transat customer review

Manchester to Toronto return. Booking email (through edreams) said online check in to print boarding passes would be within 24hrs but rang to confirm this, and was told we had to check in at the airport. Also emailed edreams few days earlier and Air Transat direct to ask baggage allowance to clarify one small carry on case up to 10kg plus purse, camera bag or laptop case allowed. Edreams only quoted the same sentence, but Air Transat replied personally and confirmed a handbag (or in the case of my child her rucksack) was fine to carry onboard. Large blue seating (3x3x3)with good leg room, middle arm rests do go up and down. Reasonable recline too. Left late due to technical problem-a fault which controlled hot water pump, they didn't manage to fix it so only hand gel in toilets for hand washing and no hot water for teaor coffee for 8hr flight! 11 overhead IFE screens to be shared between all passengers. First hour or so maps showing distance travelled, route, timings etc then 3 films. Only card payments on board - no cash, no debit card. All duty free in Canadian Dollars (still not cash tho). They offered comfort packs (headphones, pillow, blanket, eye shield $9) headphones without pack $8. Children given travel pack with an activity note book in, crayon pen, cards, headphones, reusable sticker sheet-space theme and blow up ball! Visa cards for entry to Canada, complimentary water, pop or juice (option to buy wine or champagne). Lunch tray 2hrs after takeoff. Received complimentary glass of wine. Return flight leaving Canada 9pm landing UK 9am. Pearson airport: Duty free a bit spread out but found usual stuff near our gate 31. What you buy gets kept then delivered to your gate just before boarding. Option to load unused change to PayPal or ITunes on a machine at airport but don't know if minimum upload etc. Gate lounge had online iPads to use with pay machines for food orders from the cafe in situ. Flight boarded on time and no one questioned my baggage. I had two pull on cases within 10kg allowance plus a rucksack and handbag, coats and duty free!
AircraftA310-300
RouteMAN to YYZ
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"customer service oriented"

Toronto to Punta Cana with Air Transat. A 4hr flight and they were extremely customer service oriented. Taking off and landing on time, the service on the plane was fantastic. Return flight was exceptional. The attendants even recommended that we take other empty seats to be more comfortable - we were 4 (2 parents and 2 five year olds). They gave our boys a kiddie loot bag that had headphones that the boys could use for the inflight entertainment. Thank you for a great flight/service.
RouteYYZ to PUJ

"never again"

Flew Air Transat from Toronto to Santa Clara - never again. Paid for Option plus, comes with perks such as priority check-in line, priority boarding etc.. those services weren't available to us. They changed the seats that we paid extra for, for 12 passengers, now everyone is spread all over the plane including small kids under 6 assigned to sit with strangers etc.. Typical response from customer relations "sorry, we reserve the rights, see terms and conditions etc.. But option plus is an additional service I purchased. Now it's Westjet or Air Canada (not Rouge) that I will only fly with. Going to Europe even with a stopover when I can I will fly Icelandair.
RouteYYZ to SNU
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"truly a budget airline"

As we had a not so good experience on a previous Air Transat flight from Vancouver to Punta Cana, we reluctantly booked another flight on March 1, 2016 to Cancun from Vancouver (Flights TS3342 and TS3343). We always request the extra leg room as my husband is 6’5. Our agent assured us that the seats we had not only going down but returning were the extra leg room and went as far as to call Air Transat to ensure it, as our son who is the same height had an earlier issue with a changed plane and the seats being wrong. The moment we had our Priority boarding called and we entered the plane we knew we were in trouble. Not only did we not have extra leg room, but our seats did not recline to even give a little bit of extra space. We were livid and asked to be moved immediately. Our return flight was the same scenario. Even after the travel agent called Air Transat again to confirm extra leg room we were not only in regular seats but we were behind the extra leg room / emergency exit seats. We spoke to the 2 ladies in those seats and were told they didn’t pay for reserve those seats. What a slap in the face for us since we not only reserved but paid extra for our seats. Both flights were on Enerjet planes which are subcontracted by Air Transat. The planes have no entertainment whatsoever and are truly a budget airline. When you book through Air Transat you assume you are flying with their planes, their amenities and their reputation. Not a chance. We paid for Priority service and our baggage was first off the plane in Cancun so kudos to the ground crew.
AircraftEnerjet Boeing 737
RouteYVR to CUN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"as smooth as it can get"

Moncton to Varadero. This was our first experience with Air Transat and I can say it was as smooth as it can get for us, last time on an other airline we were delayed 7 hours on a sunny day. So this was a cut and dry vacation for my wife and I. Thank you very much Air Transat, you will be top of the list for my next travel plans.
RouteYQM to VRA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"found to be very unorganized"

On our latest flight on Air Transat they couldn't take off due to the plane being overweight. The airline was unorganized and not ready to accommodate everybody and everything. Finally they decided that the best thing to do was unload luggage from the plane. They made no effort to compensate for the inconvenience and no apologies were made. All we were told to do was see an agent on the ground once we arrived. When we got there the agents were rude and made everyone feel like what was happening was their fault but in reality it was the airlines fault. I found the overall flight to be ok but I found the way they dealt with the situation to be very unorganized.
RouteMGA to YUL