Air Transat

"Air Transat is a terrible airline"

Verified Review | Air Transat is a terrible airline. I hope to save you the time, money, and stress that this airline cost me. Honestly, pay the little extra and go with another airline, Air Transat will get that money out of you somehow anyway and probably more. Flew Toronto to Paris. Cons: Online check-in system: 1) It let us check in without informing us that the expiration date I entered on one of the passports did not meet the requirements to fly to Europe. They only told us once we got to the gate that we could not board the plane. Had their system given us an error, we would have had time to get an emergency passport before the flight. They cost us $1000 in extra travel costs as we needed to buy another flight. Their customer service was one of the worst that I've encountered. 2) Checking in online does not save you from their line-ups at the airport. Horrible customer service when you call - takes 20 minutes to get hold of someone and when you do get someone they are rude and will do nothing to help you. No in-flight entertainment, you have to download an app and use your own device which you cannot charge on their planes. Not acceptable for an 8.5 hr flight! Even the things they did have on the app were terrible, random episodes of shows, and outdated movies anyone? Did not even respond to my complaint after we got back on vacation - it seems like they don't care what kind of experience you have, they already have your money. If you have any dietary restrictions at all bring your own food - they may have a meal for you, but any of the snacks will not meet any requirements. Don't drink anything - we had a turbulent flight and the washrooms were not in use for the last 3-4 hours of our 8 hour flight. Pros: The in-flight crew were decent - the crew that checked us in were okay - I guess they didn't lose our luggage so that's something.
AircraftA310-300 TS
RouteToronto to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"informed there was a 13 hour delay"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Vancouver. Arrived at checkin and was informed that there was a 13 hour delay and that was it. I later asked about accommodation etc but the check in staff were asking each other about this, we were asked to sit where we could (the checkin area was tucked away in a corner the next floor down from the main checkin area). A chap arrived later and told us we could have a room in the Gatwick Hilton and a voucher for food to the sum of £10 each. We were told how to get to the hotel but no transport was provided (my wife and I have walking disabilities) it took us 20 minutes to walk there. Not at word was mentioned about any form of compensation for the delay. We eventually arrived in Vancouver having effectively lost a day of our trip to Canada. Today is 2nd November and after many efforts by both my UK travel company and myself, apart from a “do not reply to this email”acknowledgment we are still awaiting a human response.
RouteGatwick to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2017

"customer service was very poor"

Verified Review | Flew Air Transat from Montreal to Punta Cana. I have taken many trips in my life, and this one has got to be the worst one! Terrible from the moment my husband and I booked in September until our return, the customer service was very poor. The agents gave the wrong information, I had to call over 5 times and each agent gave me a different answer. This put a sour taste for our honeymoon. Once on the flight I was even more disappointed. No service, no drinks, no snacks. On our way back, a rude woman in front of me pushed her chair all the way back on me to the point of actually hurting my knees. I asked her politely to move her seat up and she refused. I called the flight attendant and instead of acknowledging my feelings, she tells me to move seats. I did not want to be separated from my husband it was our honeymoon! The flight attendant calls her superior, who was very rude and sarcastic. She told me the same thing as the other stewardess, "switch seats, don't have your table down, you have to cooperate". I did not feel like arguing.
RouteMontreal to Punta Cana

"cranky and unprofessional"

Verified Review | Flew Air Transat from Glasgow to Vancouver via Toronto. Ticket price was good. Flight to Glasgow was way better than flight home. On the way home we found a few of the stewardesses to be cranky and unprofessional. (Not all) The food was inedible. Seating cramped and Wifi on Cini App kept going down. Why not offer a free fruit, cheese/cracker plate instead of the gross, salty food that was offered? The amount that goes in the garbage is wasteful.
RouteGlasgow to Vancouver via Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2017

"uncomfortable and unpleasant flight"

Verified Review | Toronto to Glasgow. We had an overnight flight with our 9 year old daughter. It was awful. The seat space was exceedingly cramped. The cabin area where we were seated was also uncomfortably hot. I went to the flight station at the back of the plane to ask for water for my daughter and explained that it was very hot in our area. The flight attendant handed me a cup of water without any word/comment/eye contact whatsoever (not one word!). Second request for water later on in the flight was met with exactly the same response by the attendant's colleague. The staff interaction was so rude it was quite bizarre. Air Transat provided an extremely uncomfortable and unpleasant flight experience.
RouteToronto to Glasgow

"really good flights"

Verified Review | Toronto to Zagreb, returning from Manchester to Toronto. Both were really good flights. Easy check in, on time departures, early arrivals, really polite cabin staff, decent airline food, clean aircraft, great price. On the outbound flight I ordered the Option Plus meal separately and, while the meal and wine were both good, I did not think that it was worth the $25 extra charge.
RouteToronto to Zagreb

"Very disappointing flight"

Verified Review | Calgary to Vancouver. The worst experience with Air Transat that I have ever had. The 1030pm flight was delayed 50 minutes. I was given the furthest back seat and I realized that there was an audio system in the cabin above my seat. To play the safety video, one of the short flight attendants said 'excuse me' and stepped on the edge of my seat that I was sitting on. Little flesh of my leg got squeezed but I couldn't move for her safety. Not only once but a few times, she stepped on back and forth to play and stop the video and I thought that was rude. After that, during the whole flight, the flight attendants were very loud chatting at the back and I couldn't sleep at all. When we finally arrived, I saw staff unloading bags literally throwing! This airline does not possess manner, customer service nor care. Very disappointing flight with Air Transat and I would never recommend this airline.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2017

"cabin crew were very professional and pleasant"

Verified Review | I had a good flight from Glasgow to Toronto with Air Transat. Cabin crew were first class, on my return flight again cabin crew were very professional and pleasant. The aircraft was clean, a good choice of entertainment and the meals were ok. Thank you for a great service and excellent value for money.
RouteToronto to Glasgow
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the worst meal we have had"

Verified Review | Montreal to Prague. We found the dinner offering of a hot sandwich the worst meal we have had on a cross Atlantic flight. We fly 2 times a year across to Europe and this was the worst meal any airline had provided us. We paid for option plus and received no complimentary drink. The bar service after the meal never happened. The quality of the food service would make seriously think about traveling on Air Transat. We had taken a Air Transat flight last June from Venice to Toronto and the food was much better and the complimentary beverage was actually provide. It would seem Air Transat has made a conscious decision to downgrade the quality of the food they serve.
RouteMontral to Prague
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"did not get our sport luggage"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Amsterdam via Toronto. The worst experience. Apart from the inflight service which was pretty low, we did not get our sport luggage on arrival back home and it's impossible to talk to someone who knows and obtain information about our luggage. It is a nightmare and the company doesn't seem to care. We are left with numbers and email addresses that do not answer and no idea of where our luggage is. I presume it's lost and therefore we are looking into compensation.
RouteVancouver to Amsterdam via Toronto