Air Transat

"Very disappointing"

Trip Verified | On our recent flight from Toronto to Zagreb, I was reviewing the digital duty free descriptions while on the flight and noted that a gift would be provided if a combined total of $99 was spent. We went ahead and made our purchase which was over the $99 and were then told no gift as this was an old promotion, yet the in-flight online entertainment on our TV screens was showing that indeed we were owed a gift. The one stewardess was very polite and provide me with an envelope with the customer service contact. Upon contacting the appropriate department, we were told "Sorry for the inconvenience" we cannot do anything to help you. Very disappointing. False advertising is what that is. I can understand if this was on a printed copy of the duty free magazine, but on the digital one? I even took pictures, which I supplied to customer service, who again said, we cannot help you. Oh well. The joys of flying with a low budget carrier. Next time, I guess we ask for our free gift first and then pay for our purchases.
RouteToronto to Zagreb
Date FlownAugust 2018

"have been very unhelpful"

Not Verified | My brother, my husband and I flew Air Transat Dublin to Toronto direct non-stop on Sat. 08 September 2018. We, all three checked in at the Air Transat desk in Dublin airport at the same time as a group of three. Each of us checked in one piece of labeled luggage for putting in the hold. To our knowledge there was only one Air Transat flight from Dublin on that day. My husband and my luggage arrived in Toronto Pearson International airport but my brother’s did not and still has not arrived. Air Transat staff at Toronto and Customer Service have been very unhelpful. An employee at the Air Transat baggage reclaim desk unbelievably transcribed incorrectly the baggage tag no. presumably making it impossible for him or anyone else to track the mislaid piece of luggage. He then assured us that there was another Air Transat flight next day, Sunday 09 September and that he was sure it would arrive then. I, who had made the Air Transat booking was pretty sure there was no flight next day but he confirmed there was and not to worry. There was no flight from Dublin next day as my brother found out when, having heard nothing, he went back out to Pearson International and was told next flight was Monday 10 not Sun 09. Since then nothing from Air Transat at Pearson international. An attempt to reach Air Transat customer service this am after 9 am, meant a long period on hold listening to music followed by a request to leave a message on voicemail with the assurance it would be answered asap. No answer as yet (16.50). This was intended to be the trip of a life-time. Thanks to Air Transat’s appalling incompetence and indifference it is turning into a nightmare, the worst part of the experience has been the absolute refusal of Air Transat to make any efforts to contact Dublin Airport or communicate with us that they had made any effort to contact Dublin airport or make any effort to locate the mislaid piece which contains irreplaceable items. Since that initial meeting where incorrect information was recorded by the Air Transat employee and incorrect info.given to us by the Air Transat employee there has been no communication from Air Transat. Air Transat has been my favorite airline for travel to Canada but if this matter is not resolved promptly and satisfactorily by Air Transat I will never use or recommend them again.
RouteDublin to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"would not recommend Air Transat"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Toronto via Montreal. I would not recommend Air Transat. I paid 180 dollars in advance for booking a seat on the flight Tel Aviv-Montreal on August 6, 2018 9A and 9C. These places were very comfortable for me and my child as they are from the first part of the aircraft. When I made check-in for the flight at Tel Aviv, I was given absolutely different seats (44A and 44C) which are located in the tail section of the aircraft. For all my requests to provide me my pre-paid seats Air Transat representative in very rude manner told me to shut up and choose 2 options: either sit where he tells me, or stay in Tel Aviv. Flight Tel Aviv - Montreal was delayed more than 1 hour and we were late for our next flight Montreal - Toronto. We contacted Air Transat to reimburse us above costs which we paid for seats and second flight. Sent an email to their customer relations on 8/08/2018, reminded again to give us a reply on 8/22/2018 and 8/29/2018, but no response still till today (9/10/2018). And what even worse is their service/customer relations department ignored to response our email for reimbursement. This was our first time to take Air Transat, and it would also be the last I believe.
RouteTel Aviv to Toronto via Montreal

"I would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. My family, total 10 persons, took Air Transat TS980 flight from Vancouver to Toronto on Jun 29th, 2018, which was scheduled to departure at 22:55 that night. However, because of mechanical issue, the flight was delayed to 22:50 Jun 30th, 2018, almost 24 hours delay. We booked hotel in Niagara Falls and also the car rental on 6/29 and those were not be able to cancelled because the last minute flight delay. We contacted Air Transat to reimburse us above costs which we actually paid but were not be able to use because of their flight delay. Sent an email to their customer relations on 7/16/2018, reminded again to give us a reply on 8/18/2018 and 8/30/2018, but no response still till today (9/6/2018). Our vacation was ruined because their slow response to take actions while they found the mechanical issue and only could arrange another flight by around 24 hours later. And what even worse is their service/customer relations department ignored to response our email for reimbursement. This was our first time to take Air Transat, and it would also be the last I believe. I would not recommend Air Transat to any of my friends.
RouteVancouver to Toronto

"worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | My wife and I travelled return Vancouver to Toronto on what we thought was Air Transat Club Class. It was the worst travel experience in a very long. We are getting on in years and are willing to pay the extra money to travel premium economy whenever we can, which meant Club Class on Air Transat for several years. This last time did not resemble Club Class in any way and certainly did not resemble the comfort and amenities that are illustrated on their web site, and not what we paid what turned out to be an exorbitant amount for. Separate cabin? NO. Economy cramped space all around. Wide spacious leather seats? NO. The seats were just the regular cramped economy seats with the middle seat vacant. Individual entertainment centre? NO. Just a shared screen that popped out of the ceiling. 4. Choice of entertainment? NO. One movie and something else played, the same on both parts of the journey. Didn't even bother using our headphones that we had brought with us. So what we planned as a pleasurable start and end of our trip turned into an uncomfortable misrepresented ripoff.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2018

"they deleted my comments"

Trip Verified | They don't send you a boarding pass electronically and will not print your boarding pass if you arrive to their counter checked in when there is one hour left for departure. What's the point of checking in if you have to go to the counter to get your boarding pass? Seats are tiny, and customer service is rude and unhelpful to say the least. They told me that they spoke with the Air Transat staff at the airport and confirmed that no one had come to the counter, therefore I must've gone to the wrong counter! Air Transat left a stain on our vacation. I reached out to them over social media and was asked to send an email. Not only did they not return my email, but they also deleted my comments.
RouteToronto to Barcelona

"wonderful flight attendants"

Trip Verified | I am writing to heap praise on the wonderful flight attendants who took such wonderful care of us on a recent flight to Tel Aviv from Montreal on Air Transat! It was an incredibly smooth flight on a beautiful new plane! The flight attendants went above & beyond to make us feel comfortable, happy and appreciated, and really knew how to take care of passengers in the right way, as they were smiling from the minute we got on the plane, to the minute we got off. All this to say, it was a great way to start our fantastic trip to Israel, and it helped make it a very memorable vacation. You can be sure we will be flying with Air Transat in the future. The price was also affordable, and the in-flight entertainment up to par. An overall great experience and they deserve high marks!
RouteMontreal to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seems to be a trend of lateness here"

Trip Verified | So I just did a flight to Toronto from Marsaille via Montreal. The flight to Montreal was a full 2h 30min late in departure and the airline did accommodate for this by arranging connecting flights. However, even the accommodating flight was late to board by 45 min so there seems to be a trend of lateness here. Anyway, it took about an hour or maybe more for the luggage to finally come to the carousel. This was after multiple starts and stops of the carousel which was very demoralizing. Overall, good customer service, but nothing is on time!
RouteMarseille to Toronto via Montreal
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delayed our flight 3 times"

Trip Verified | Flew Toronto to Varadero, Cuba. A mechanical problem on the plane at 5 am delayed our flight 3 times by a total of 12 hours. We were supposed to leave at 7.05 am, then 11.10 am, and now 7.15 pm, fingers crossed. They are now bringing in a plane from Montreal. The issues were known at sunrise and this is the best that Air Transat can do? We missed 1 day of our vacation and they don't care.
RouteToronto to Varadero, Cuba
Date FlownJuly 2018

"found the seats comfortable"

Trip Verified | Porto to Montreal. I was diagnosed with shingles while on holiday in Portugal. It was a nasty case with a lot of pain. Our insurance company recommended a quick return to Canada. We had to cancel our flights out of Lisbon and find a way home from Porto. Due to the nature of the disease I only had about an 8 hour window when I was relatively pain free. The pain medications I had would only last an hour or two. I wasn't keen being trapped on a trans-Atlantic flight for 6 or 7 hours. We found one flight out of Porto to Montreal that left Porto at noon which was optimal. It was on an Air Transat A330. I couldn't afford any delays. Check in was quick and easy, the flight was right on time. The aircraft loaded quickly and fortunately for me it was not overly crowded and there was room to stretch out. We found the seats comfortable and food and beverage service was great. After 2 movies I felt confident I was going to make it without a pain attack. We landed in Montreal on time and after a long walk we ended up at the customs area with 500 other passengers. My pain free window was closing quickly. Our nexus cards worked like a charm and we were through to the baggage area in 5 minutes. Priority baggage stickers also worked and our luggage was out first. Hopped on a shuttle to an airport hotel. Rested for a day before we caught another flight to Edmonton. Ended up in the hospital when we got home. Now on the right meds and pain free. Please get the new shingles vaccine before you head overseas.
RoutePorto to Montreal