Air Transat

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th July 2015

I found the service very mediocre, we were delayed for nearly 2 hours in Toronto. On the 24th of June we were due to take off at 9.55pm and it took until 10.20/30 for the pilot to tell us we were delayed due to the fact that they need a tyre changed on the aeroplane! This was not too much of a problem but time went on and we were not offered any refeshments while waiting for takeoff. It was hot and stuffy, and it was only when several passengers started asking for water, including myself, that they decided to go around with a jug of water and small plastic glasses. The plane did not take off until 11.55. We got dinner at 1.00am in the morning and breakfast was a slice of cake and a hot dinner, who has cake for breakfast! I know its any economy airline, but surely refreshments should have been offered if the plane was delyed and what nutritional value does cake have for breakfast?
RouteToronto to London Gatwick

Review by (United Kingdom) 3rd July 2015

I flew 'Club' class with Air Transat 01/07/15, from LGW to YYZ. Although they call it Club, it is in actuality Premium Economy, and I was very impressed. The seat is comfortable. The food plentiful and tasty. Flight Attendants were friendly and welcoming. Great selection of movies and tv shows on demand on a good sized screen.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon Gatwick to Toronto Pearson

Review by (Canada) 2nd July 2015

Pleasantly suprised. Old A310 (thought it was going to be an A330). Check in fairly uncomplicated at Toronto. Great deal on bringing bikes to Europe C$30 (counts as your 2nd bag in Business). Crew friendly on board. Meal was ok. Seat like the the old J class on mainline carriers. I suspect that when it works its great any delays or problems and then you are kind of stuck (charter airline) Fare was pretty good. I have yet to try Premium economy on Lufthansa but will do so later this year. Some better deal on Lounge access would be an added touch.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto-Venice

Review by (United Kingdom) 2nd July 2015

The check in system in Toronto does not work, more so when multiple flight are departing to UK within hours of each other. I requested to be fast forwarded as after waiting in huge queue I was within 45 mins of take off. I was eventually granted my wish, but when I got to customs I was met with another huge queue. By the time I got through security my name was being called for the flight which I almost missed. Due to lateness checking in my suitcase it has gone missing. I suggest seperate check in desks for UK destinations up untill flight departures
RouteToronto to Glasgow

Review by (France) 24th June 2015

I have flown Air Transat quite a few times now and this was the first in their new planes. They have good leg space although the seats are narrow - narrowest I've ever experienced in a flight. It does not bother me personally but for a broader person this can be a real issue. They have upgraded their old entertainment system to something on par with AF/BA/KLM now, however that is only in the renovated planes. The food is as bad as it was, but I'd say that for the price this is to be expected. I never have any expectations regarding the food they will serve so I'm not disapointed. They are usually still the cheapest for CDG to YUL so if I wanted something a tad better I'd pay a bit more. The service is alright, of course it has nothing to do with 5-Star airlines but I'd say its decent for the price - and it has improved since the first times I flew with them 4 years ago.
RouteParis to Montreal

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th June 2015

Flight home a bit of an ordeal. Check in was meant to open at 14.30 but didn't open until 15.30. We were all on plane for 18.30 but plane did not leave stand until 19.30. Pilot told us it was to do with paper work (can he not read or write) or was it because we were waiting on an engineer to tighten a screw on one of the first class seats head rests, when there were several other empty seats. On landing in Glasgow the luggage took an hour to come through. However the cabin crews luggage managed to come through without delay. Might look at other airlines next time
RouteCalgary to Glasgow

Review by (Canada) 16th June 2015

Our flight from Calgary to Glasgow was a mixed bag. Just as we were flying over Hudson Bay, the pilot turn a sharp southerly turn and we diverted to Toronto. With no additional information other than "technical difficulties" due to "improper checks in Calgary" they were going to have to transfer us to another plane in Toronto. Our flight from Toronto to Glasgow was pretty uneventful. Our return flight was also uneventful, thankfully. I appreciate the lighting and ambient music that seems to play as boarding and de-planing takes place. It can really add to a zen atmosphere and help people who might be having some pre-flying jitters. One thing to note, Air Transat: get your food situation together! Each flight, we ended up basically getting the worst they had to offer meal-wise because none of the decent food was left as everyone before us had opted for it. I was not at all impressed by this. We booked seats towards the back of the plane to avoid screaming children as best as we could, only to suffer as far as meal options went. Be prepared to need more of the food you know people prefer. It just seems kind of cruel otherwise, subjecting the back 1/3 to 1/2 of the plane to the runs serving them the slop that's leftover.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCalgary to Glasgow

Review by (United States) 16th June 2015

I had read some of the reviews, so was a little concerned, but loved the price. There was no charge for our luggage! We got lunch, with a complimentary glass of wine at no extra cost. We also got a snack shortly before descending into Vancouver. The entertainment was in the seatback in front of me. Movies, TV shows, etc, again, no extra cost.
RouteGatwick, London to Vancouver, BC

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2015

Had paid double price to upgrade to Club Class on way out, all was fine no problems. As we could not get into Club Class on the way back we paid an additional £48 at the Airport in Glasgow to Canadian Affair to travel Select Plus which means chosen seats, speedy check in, priority luggage, free soft drinks, headsets, etc in flight. Problems began at check in, took over 35 mins due to "system errors" eventually we were given two different seat numbers not our original seats. My son who was travelling with a sprained ankle and who is 6ft 4 had a broken seat, two rows from the back toilets (seats we would never have chosen). We pointed this out to the crew who tried to fix it but could not. We were advised we could not get our original seats as other people had paid for them and did not want to move. My son had to sit bolt upright for 6.5hrs. All this and more has been brought to the attention of Canadian Affair (who we have used at least 7 times in the past five years to fly to Toronto). Firstly offered me £30 then when I said this was not good enough took another 3 weeks to write back to me with all manner of excuses. If you can dont fly with this Company, fly Air Canada instead.
AircraftAirbus 330
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteGlasgow to Toronto

Review by (Canada) 14th June 2015

Despite some reviews on this site and others my experience with Air Transat was very pleasant. Yes the seats are a bit crowded together but that's par for the course on almost every airline these days. Food was better that expected it was quite good. In flight entertainment had a decent variety of current movies and TV shows to suite all ages and tastes. Quick check in, pleasant staff especially the flight attendants the service was very good. Would recommend Air Transat.
AircraftAirbus A330