Top 100 Airports

Air Transat

"the worst we have experienced"

We flew from Glasgow to Montreal and our return flight was Toronto to Glasgow. We have flown with Air Transat 6 times over several years. This time was the worst we have experienced. Our flight was delayed for half an hour while we sat on the runway and we were offered no explanation. Ground staff at Toronto Airport were so rude, she didn't say one word to us and pointed to where she wanted us to go. On the aircraft the food was unacceptable and inedible, a sandwich and a few hours later a slice of pizza bread, if you are seated at the rear of the plane you will be offered what is left as on both flights they start with the front of the plane, this was the first time we have not had a meal. On our outbound journey one of the toilets was out of order which is unacceptable.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGLA to YUL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"attendants very polite and helpful"

I have flown twice now with Air Transat, the first time I was pleased with the service I received, this time I was not very happy with the food to and from Toronto from Manchester. The sandwiches were not edible, you only had 3 choices, as this is a 6 hr flight a hot meal would have been better. Everything else with the service was good, the attendants were very polite and helpful.
Date FlownJuly 2016

"could provide a small meal"

Verified Review | We have flown Air Transat before, we like them because they fly to Manchester from Toronto and are reasonably priced. It has always been a bit cramped but acceptable. This time the experience was not so good. We were in row 6.D and F. The person in front of my wife put his seat right back and at times when we were instructed to bring our seats up this person ignored the instruction.The flight attendants passed by but didn't notice until I pointed it out to them, even coming in to land. Otherwise the flight attendants were fine. I had the second worst sandwich in my life from Manchester to Toronto and the worst sandwich in my life from Toronto to Manchester. The drinks were fine but surely for a 6-7 hour fight they could provide a small meal. I notice that the flight attendants had a meal, but I am sure it wouldn't be too much more trouble or expense to provide the same for the passengers. I will probably fly Transat again, but if there is only a small difference in the price from Air Canada, I will probably go with them even if they do not fly directly to Manchester.

"really nothing special"

I upgraded at the airport from Option Plus to CLub Class for $375 which seemed like a bargain. However you do get what you pay for. First the flight was punctual. The priority check-in, security and boarding were flawless and In Amsterdam my suitcase came thrid. These were all still perks also included in the Option Plus. The groundstaff at YVR were partially nice but a few of them that I had to deal with becuase of paying were highly unfriendly and unmotivated. Before boarding there is no lounge access with Club Class. The Club Class cabin consists of 12 extra wide seats with a bit more legroom that recline a little more than normal seats. Asides from the extra width, they are similar to premium economy seats of other companies. Before take off we were served some cava while after take off there was a bar service with a few crackers. The meals are pre-ordered normal meals served on china. There was a hot meal, a salad, some cheese and a dessert. Really nothing special. I would say a standard meal from a more respectable company like Air France / KLM or Lufthansa. The drinks were plenty but then again nothing special. When it came to sleeping we had a tiny fleecy blanket and an inflatable pillow. There was a little service pack with toohbrush, handcream, socks, slippers etc.. During the night they came by with chips and chocolate bars. The breakfast consisted of some fruit and a hot mini cinnamonbun. Which left me rather hungry after this nine hour flight. In short, standard service in extra wide premium economy seats. Advice, get the Option Plus for some extra service and extra baggage. Or fly with Condors buisness class to get high quality service from a low-budget company.
RouteYVR to AMS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"food awful - tasteless and unpleasant"

London Gatwick to Toronto with Air Transat. Not a good experience, not advised the airline does not provide earphones / small blanket for transatlantic flights, which in our estimation is essential. I understand this is a 'budget' airline but maybe this is something customers should be made aware of before flying - when you arrive on the aircraft and are told it is a little late. They can be purchased on board but at an enhanced cost - we would have taken these if we had known in advance. Food is pretty awful - tasteless and unpleasant. Flight attendants not very professional - return flight today all 4 attendants were talking between themselves until a few minutes before the aircraft landed. Several people were still standing / putting things away etc, when the seat belts sign had been on for several minutes - the attendants did not even notice. I would not fly with this airline again.
RouteLGW to YYZ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cannot fault any part of the service"

Manchester to Toronto with Air Transat. Cannot fault any part of the service provided. No hesitation in recommending. Pleasant cabin crew, comfortable seating. Food more than adequate, sufficient fluids provided. Plenty of entertainment choices onboard. Return flight delayed but not through fault of airline.

"staff were fantastic"

I decided to opt for option plus for four adult tickets. Yes the seats are terribly close and not in the least comfortable. However the staff were fantastic. After reading reviews I wasn't particularly looking forward to the flights. Would definitely fly with Air Transat again from Gatwick to Halifax. The extra for options plus was worth it for the extra luggage etc. Both the outbound and inbound flights were on time and no problems at all.
RouteLGW to YHZ
Date FlownAugust 2015

"Club class this is not"

Verified Review | Flew Vancouver to Glasgow via Toronto with Air Transat. Club class this is not. Booked return flight in Club but on return journey from Vancouver to Toronto there was no Club section or individual entertainment. The seats were standard seats therefore when the passenger in row 1 put her seat back I was cramped. There was 1 screen for all to watch a movie, I felt I had gone back in time some 20 years. Obviously I raised this matter with the crew at the time and complained to the 'airline' upon my return but their response was that Internal flights do not have Club they just use economy seats, using 2 of the 3 seats available, for more comfort. This is totally out of order and should have been mentioned on their website as they are selling seats at premium prices, advertised as Club, which are not. How they have got away with it I do not know. This is the first time I have used this airline and rest assured it will be the last. I thought as the flight was direct from Glasgow it would save me going via London. I shall stick with BA, more of an airline and less of a budget airline with old fleet.
RouteYVR to GLA via YYZ
Date FlownJune 2016

"lack of service"

I would recommend not to use this airlines due to the lack of service and communication with the passengers. I had a problem with the entertainment system and when requested to try and sort the problem the air hostess was not interested in helping and just left me to it. We were meant to leave Gatwick at 12pm. It's now 13.30 and no movement or information. I am reviewing Air Transat and will report my findings further when I get back to the UK.
RouteLGW to YYZ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"seats were hard and uncomfortable"

I have just returned from a holiday in Canada and flew Air Transat as part of a package. We flew out Gatwick to Calgary and returned to Gatwick from Vancouver. There was no inflight entertainment, unless you purchased their earphones. Though there was a good amount of legroom, the seats were hard and uncomfortable, hardly any upholstery and a plastic feeling. I could hardly walk off at Gatwick. The food was disgusting. Going we were at the back and had the choice of take the scraps or have nothing, I should have chosen nothing, but I had the chicken wrap (only thing left). It was a cold, soggy mush. Coming home I had the pulled beef and onion roll. This consisted of pulled beef with onion on a ciabatta roll with some sort of plastic cheese, this was wrapped in cellophane and heated into a soggy mass. If you have the choice, we didn't, use another airline.
RouteYVR to LGW