Air Serbia

"wouldn't recommend at all"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Tivat. Their website is horrible. I had problems buying a ticket because it is very buggy. Huge problem for me in the end was that I couldn't replace the ticket without losing a lot of money. The problem with comparing it to other websites of other companies is that it is not clearly written. It is a link with small letter, which when you press, you see the prices of type of flight and what are the limitations. This was the cheapest ticket so refund or changing the ticket was impossible. In the end I had to buy another ticket and I felt like they stole money from me. Literally. I felt like I gave money to some scam website. For that reason I wouldn't recommend this company at all.
RouteBelgrade to Tivat
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"worst airline ever"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Saint Petersburg. The airline is trying to scam you out of money at every step through their website. They list one price and then hide in small letters that it is with hand luggage only and that normal luggage costs an additional 100 EUR. Then you have to check-in online, or they charge you an additional 30 EUR. Then they say that if you don't select your seat you will be assigned a random one free of charge, but if you want to check the prices of seats you have to select one and then you can't unselect it, and you have to pay regardless if you want to select a seat or not. Worst airline ever.
RouteBelgrade to Saint Petersburg

"very dismal experience"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Athens to Rome via Belgrade. I flew Air Serbia from Athens to Belgrade, as a stopover to Rome. A very tight connection time and a problem with the airbridge, which further eroded the already little time to catch the final flight made me overlook the fact that I had placed my most important souvenirs from Greece in the overhead compartment. I realized that when I was on the following flight, and asked the flight personnell what to do. One of the staff offered to talk to the Air Serbia representative at the door, at landing, which she did. The airline representative made (maybe) one attempt to call someone in Belgrade, just to tell me that he received no answer, and adviced that I should write to baggage services, which I immediately did, after getting home. I soon received an automated reply, saying that I would receive a follow up in the next 24 hours. Nobody ever wrote. Then I tried to contact the lost and found service, by phone, and stayed half hours waiting for someone to answer in English, but no way. I also wrote to a different mail address and again no reply. We contacted Air Serbia via Facebook, as they advise, and they replied that I should contact the lost and found service in Belgrade, which of course I had already done. Well, even acknowledging one's fault in forgetting something on the plane, it was an easy task, after all, to go and pick up something left at a very precise place. And nobody was able to do that, or even tried to. A very dismal experience, never again.
RouteAthens to Rome via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2018

"planes are in horrible condition"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Belgrade. Avoid, if you can! Planes are in horrible condition! Way below any low cost airline! Locked up on a plane without any AC. The staff is not willing to help at all and is just ignoring you! Very arrogant!
AircraftATR 72
RouteVienna to Belgrade

"My advice : avoid them"

Not Verified | Paris to Athens via Belgrade. You know a good airline to the way they manage a crisis situation like delays, etc. There was a massive IT mess in Belgrade airport the day I was traveling to Greece (connection in Belgrade). My first flight was delayed by 5 hours. Of course, the connection was missed. But the staff of Air Serbia still made us onboard promising that a connection would be given in Belgrade and that compensation would be refused if we were to travel with another company. At Belgrade there was no plane waiting for us. They made us wait hours so that we can get to a hotel. Staff seemed as lost as us. 200+ other passengers were stuck in the hotel with us. The lady at the counter of the hotel said "it's the 3rd time something like this happens in 2 weeks". That gives you a good idea of the level of the quality of that airline and the Belgrade airport. My advice (same as for Czech Airline, Bulgarian Airlines, all the balkans / east europe cheap companies): avoid them and especially their flights with connections.
RouteParis to Athens via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Beware hidden baggage fees"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Athens via Belgrade. Beware of hidden baggage fees! If you are traveling Economy, you should know there are three subclasses: white, red and blue. The only way you can see this is to click into a hidden panel on the baggage info page, not clearly marked as a clickable item. I booked through Expedia which interfaced with the Air Serbia site, and it did not disclose that my fare was "White" economy and not eligible for the 1st checked bag free. Red and Blue seem to allow most flights to have 1st free up to 23kg. So not only was I delayed at the airport but I have to pay an additional 60€ for each way, making my "discount fare" 120€ more expensive than the other airlines I considered. Also, there was no attendant in the Zurich airport for Air Serbia, and another worker said they were unreliable showing up at the ticket counter. Flight was delayed, endangering my connection. The plane itself was new, the legroom decent. Flight attendants were smiling and pleasant. I'm not sure I'd use them again. I feel that was pretty sneaky about the luggage price.
AircraftA320-200
RouteZurich to Athens via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2018

"the worst Business Class"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Thessaloniki via Belgrade. Air Serbia became a really poor airline in Business Class. It used to be the best in Europe, now the worst: only 1 claustrophic row (curtain directly behind you and bulkhead in front of you) with those uncomfortable rockhard, straight up slim recaro seats, no pre take off drink, no pillows, no blankets, no PTV, no meal (you get a small cardboard box with a few local snacks squished / smashed into it and every flight the same one), no placemat, paper napkins, plastic glasses and plastic cutlery. As a desert you get a tiny biscuit wrapped in plastic and heaven forbid if you ask a second are told no. Only 1 allowed, even though they have plenty, as they sell them in economy. Personally, I think this is now the worst Business Class in Europe. I can't think of an airline where the offering is so poor. Wifi was also broken.
RouteAmsterdam to Thessaloniki via Belgrade
Date FlownJuly 2018

"way below any budget airline"

Trip Verified | Belgrade to London. Was charged overweight for one of the suitcases. There were three of us with each having ticket with bag allowance. We ended up having only two suitcases - one 23kg and the other 26kg. We were charged for one suitcase being three kilos over weight limit even though we have not had a third suitcase and the weight of the disputed suitcase was below usual occupational health and safety weight for the airport luggage handlers. Weight limit was not written on the tickets issued at all. We travelled with same suitcase arrangement few days before on different airline using same e-ticket and had no problem. The whole experience was - blink the wrong way and you'll be charged. Previous customers were telling us that you may get charged if you have not done internet check in - well I was not sent a link to do it and somehow we did not ended up being charged for it. The seats are a bit better than in your local park but do not expect much comfort. The plane seemed quite new and the flight was smooth but for the price of the tickets paid the experience was way below any budget airline I ever used and this airline is not advertised as a budget airline for the start.
RouteBelgrade to London

"worst traveling experience"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Beirut via Belgrade. My worst traveling experience ever. Spent two days traveling from a country to another all because of heavy rain in Serbia. First my flight was delayed (1h30m) from Zurich to Serbia and when we arrived to Serbia my connection flight to Beirut left and they postponed my flight for 2 days and send me to Greece only to be told that I don't have a ticket to Beirut.I don't recommend taking a flight with this airline.
RouteZurich to Beirut via Belgrade

"Disastrous experience"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Belgrade. Low cost airline with insanely expensive tickets. Flag-carrier without a single reason. No free check-in at the airport, no free seat selection at online check-in, no free food, no free beverages, flight delayed, passengers who completed online check-in could not board and had to have their boarding tickets re-issued at the gate. Disastrous experience.
RouteBrussels to Belgrade