Air Serbia

"advice to avoid Air Serbia"

(Serbia)

Verified Review | Düsseldorf to Belgrade. Air Serbia has to learn about dealing with customers. The policy of cheap flight with hand baggage only is alright. But if you control it too hursh you'll end up punishing your passengers. You do this in order to reduce the overall weight of large luggage, not to traumatize passengers by fining them. This happened to me: for 1.5kg extra they charged me with 60eur. Some other passengers were, however, able to come in without a problem. Formally, the company had right. Morally and according to any other criteria concerning the passenger comfort and reputation — they are wrong. My advice to avoid Air Serbia, they are not the only company.
RouteDüsseldorf to Belgrade
Date FlownOctober 2017

"A delightful experience"

Verified Review | A delightful experience on Air Serbia flight from Belgrade to NYC. Quite comfortable seats in the economy class and most helpful crew with smiles, went above and beyond. They assisted passengers with small children, those in need of special assistance and the rest of us requiring the usual drinks, snacks or something related to the entertainment system. I am very happy with Air Serbia and with great ticket cost and frequent specials. Thank you guys.
RouteBelgrade to New York

"cabin service immaculate"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Flew with Air Serbia from Belgrade to Milan and back a couple of days after. Online check in with hand luggage only. Both flights were on time, cabin clean and neat, cabin service immaculate, friendly and well groomed cabin crew. Food served was sandwich and selection of drinks. Overall, great and professional service, well maintained and cleaned aircraft cabin, friendly and very informative announcments by both captains on both journey legs.
RouteMilano to Belgrade

"Horrible experience"

Verified Review | Berlin to Tel Aviv via Belgrade. Horrible experience! Terrible services and ignorant rules. Our flight was delayed twice for several hours. We did not receive any service or information. I've tried to cancel a return flight, but nobody bothered to rely my messages and emails. When I called, then they just said I should wrote an email.
RouteBerlin to Tel Aviv via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2017

"these guys are amateurs"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Belgrade to London. In the last 4 weeks we have flown with Air Serbia 3 times and there have been issues on all 3 flights. Flight 1 Budva to Skopje via Belgrade our baggage was left behind in Belgrade. Flight 2 Budva to Skopje again our baggage was left behind in Belgrade. The same thing happened to 2 other family members on different flights (same route) and we are now wondering whether Air Serbia ever get the luggage to the destination. Also we are now waiting for Flight 3 and 20 minutes before departure they have quoted operational issues and we are waiting for a new plane to arrive hence being delayed at least an hour. We have also packed essentials into our carry on luggage in case our bags are lost again. Take a different flight, these guys are amateurs.
RouteBelgrade to London

"only take carry on!"

(Chile)

Verified Review | Rome to Belgrade on 12 August 2017. Our flight was delayed due to bad weather conditions in Belgrade. When we finally arrived to Belgrade airport, I discovered that they had left my luggage in Rome. About half of the passengers were in the same situation. I was given an email address to contact regarding any type of compensation, because I had to buy at least some clothes and essentian cosmetics (I was left with only clothes I was wearing during the 3-day trip). I wrote two emails, nobody even aknowledged them! As I told them that I had to continue my trip, Air Serbia ground crew told me that they could deliver my luggage only to the "Serbian border" and that I could drive there and pick it up. I had to tell them that they could also send it by one of their flights to other countries where I will be travelling. Finally, I have been assigned a "case number" on 21 August and haven't heard from then again. If you fly with this airline, only take carry on!
RouteRome to Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2017

"they lost our luggage"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Prague via Belgrade. Flew several times with them but this time they lost our luggage and after 3 days since we landed, they are unable to deliver it although they had promised to do so the evening on the day we landed. Customer service rarely picks up the phone and their delivery service is rude and did not honor 2 appointments we scheduled with them so far. Three days later we are still waiting for our luggage to be delivered. From terrible to almost nothing that can be regarded as food even though this is not a budget airline. In our last flight they randomly gave to people super tiny cheese or meat sandwiches without asking people what they would like, since they did not have enough of either option for people to choose from (our first leg was over 2 hours long). Bad service on the ground with multiple unnecessary checks of the same documents at different checkpoints (In Belgrade checked passport and boarding card before the gate, at the gate, during x-ray and before getting on the transfer bus!). Service on the air is average at best. Flight attendants are disconnected from passengers with robot-like behavior. To the most part, old planes with worn or slightly broken seats and occasionally broken air-con vents and/or reading lights. Does not worth the stress nor the money. Pay a little bit extra or book your flights earlier and fly with a premium/well-known airline and avoid the hassle.
RouteLarnaca to Prague via Belgrade
Date FlownJuly 2017

"flight itself was quite pleasant"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | When I arrived at Ben Gurion airport about 65 minutes before departure, due to traffic jams, the check-in was about to close. However, in the e-mail I had received from Air Serbia it was stated that last check in would be 45 minutes before departure. Staff told me that I was lucky that they would still accept my luggage, which I felt was a bit humilitating. The flight itself was quite pleasant, staff on board were nice and smiling, and the gluten free meal I had ordered arrived promptly. I was a bit surprised to receive only some rice with a few vegetables on the second flight, but still it was ok. Also free beverages were served, and together with a small stay at the calm and pleasant Belgrade airport I found the trip quite good. Compared to other airlines on this route it was above average.
RouteTel Aviv to Stockholm Arlanda via Belgrade
Date FlownJune 2017

"great meals and service"

Verified Review | Excellent flight with Air Serbia from New York to Belgrade with an outstanding cabin crew. Great meals and great services were offered with smiles. The airplane was very clean and seats were comfortable for an overnight flight. If great service is what sells an airline to a passenger, then I am surely looking forward to fly again with Air Serbia.
RouteNew York to Belgrade
Date FlownJune 2017

"indifferent to our situation"

Verified Review | Athens to Frankfurt via Belgrade. Our plane from Athens had a technical problem and we had to disembark from the plane after boarding. Upon reaching the waiting gate again there were no direction at all, and there wasn't any airline representative for the first hour, and no directions or clarifications over the PA. After waiting for 5 hours we were told that our plane was ready for boarding again, but when we boarded the plane and had spent another hour inside, the plane failed to complete its startup sequence and we had to disembark once more. By now it was almost 10pm, and once again there was only chaos once we reached back at the waiting area. We waited for almost an hour before there was any directions. At 1 am they told us that we were getting a hotel, but we were also to go on a 5 am flight, which means that we would probably barely even get two hours worth of sleep as the hotel is far away at the city center. Soon afterwards we also learnt that they have arranged a connection flight from Belgrade, but we have to fly to Berlin first, instead of a direct flight to Frankfurt. Worse, the connection flight is at 6pm the next day, meaning that we were stranded again for 12 hours at Belgrade. We tried to reason for a later, 12pm flight from Athens to Belgrade, so that at least we could get some shut-eye, but we learnt later that all Air Serbia staff at the Athens airport had gone back home! We only reached Frankfurt at 11.30 pm the next day, 26 hours after our scheduled arrival. Throughout the ordeal the Air Serbia management was very callous and they seemed indifferent to our situation. It was impossible to reach their offices and there was very little done with regards to customer care. Air Serbia clearly does not value the welfare of its passengers.
RouteAthens to Frankfurt via Belgrade