Air Serbia

"a very poor airline nowadays"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Amsterdam via Belgrade. Got the Air Serbia tickets because they were very cheap. I must say that I took Air Serbia flights many times in the past, and the airline has become a shadow of its former glory. First (around 2014-5) they used to serve hot meals in economy with real cutlery and a vast selection of drinks, including liquors and wines. I couldn't recommend them enough back then. Then (around 2016) they got rid of printed menus and real cutlery, but the experience was still nice. Then (around 2017) they got rid of liquors and hot meals, replacing them all with a small sandwich. And now let's talk about these flights. Moscow-Belgrade. A jam-packed A319, but the seat pitch is, honestly, great. I am 195 cm tall and I was very comfortable in these slimline seats. Nothing was free onboard, not even water (2 EUR for a small bottle). You also have to pay for the seat selection, but if the system grants you a poor one, you apparently can ask the check-in staff to change it for no extra charge. The connection (only 40 minutes) was hectic, with no assistance from Air Serbia staff, and I almost missed my next flight, getting on when the sign said "Gate closed". Belgrade-Amsterdam. A full A319, the onboard experience was pretty much the same. Amsterdam-Belgrade was delayed for almost 3 hours without any explanation or a single apology, which was very disappointing and left a bitter taste. The cabin crew seemed clueless and, honestly, were quite rude, which I never experienced with Air Serbia. Otherwise, a half-full flight made for a comfortable journey. I had to wait for my luggage for over 30 minutes, but surprisingly it made it, despite the short connection. So that is a plus. Belgrade-Moscow. A semi-full A319, where I ended up with a row to myself, was also delayed for 2 hours without any apologies or explanation. The cabin crew were so awful, I couldn't believe it. First, the flight had no business class passengers, and the seating is identical, so the whole plane was all-economy. When I left my second-row seat to use the forward restroom, the crew told me to go to the back of the plane for whatever reason. Then they closed the curtains (the first row had no passengers) and had a very loud "party" right in the first row of the cabin where they had their crew meals, laughed, used the "closed" bathroom and just had a very pleasant time with no concern for the passengers. I found it to be disgusting, to be honest, as I've never seen the cabin crew that cared so little about the passengers. Overall, Air Serbia is a very poor airline nowadays, which resembles many low-cost carriers (and not the good ones). The redeeming qualities are their ability to handle short connections (if you can run) and spacious seating, otherwise I find no reason to fly with them ever again.
RouteMoscow to Amsterdam via Belgrade
Date FlownJune 2018

"declining on the services"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Belgrade. Over the course of the past 2 years Air Serbia has been declining on the services it provides. Mid 2016 you could get a ticket for 120-140€ (with return) with the ability to choose your seat, 23KG included and meal/beverages. During 2017 the price increased to 140-170€ while the ability to choose your seat was removed. This year, the prices went up to 145-150€ (initial) and does not include any of the original services. No luggage, no food & beverage nor the ability to choose your seat for free. Eventually to have only a 23kg bag (not food or pick your seat), you got to pay between 185-200€. Thats 52% price increase without 2/3 of the services being completely cut. When I tried to complain to the ground service (ticket sales / check in) the staff didn't comment and asked me to leave a complain on their website. 2+ Months later and no response obviously.
RouteAthens to Belgrade
Date FlownMay 2018

"I am completely unimpressed"

Trip Verified | I am completely unimpressed with Air Serbia. Everything about this airline is like a low cost carrier except the fares, which are quite high! Nothing onboard is complimentary - not even water. In addition to being expensive, service onboard was slow and the menu options unappealing. (The coffee was just awful). Preboarding for families with infants doesn't exist, and luggage limits are ungenerous and strict. Customer service lines at the Belgrade airport don't connect, and online customer service was unhelpful, referring us only to the same numbers that don't work. I have heard Air Serbia used to be a decent full-service airline but no longer. This airline is truly for the birds.
RouteLondon to Belgrade
Date FlownMay 2018

"they act as a low cost airline"

Trip Verified | 2 years ago, I would have recommended Air Serbia to anyone. You got a complimentary hot meal and drink, reasonable prices and friendly cabin crew. Recently the airline has taken a change for the worse. The prices are very high and do not reflect what you receive during the flight. Like a low cost airline, food is only given to those who pay extra so very unprofessionally (for a supposedly high cost airline) only half the passengers eat food. Not even complimentary water is given to passengers. Furthermore the cabin crew seemed to have no idea what they were doing. They were impolite and struggled to hand out food, to those who paid extra. As a partner of Etihad Airways you would expect great reception and hospitality. The prices are high but in reality they act as a low cost airline. Wizz Air does the exact flight for a lot cheaper and still I bet I will enjoy the flight more.
RouteBelgrade to London
Date FlownApril 2018

"there is no free food"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Milan. Terrible service, too expensive, strange rules for cabin bags, rude employees, bad organization. In airplane there is no free food even when you pay for bought bags.
RouteBelgrade to Milan
Date FlownApril 2018

"unfriendly und intolerant staff"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Serbia from Belgrade to Paris. Terrible service at the airport check in and security check. Very unfriendly und intolerant staff. There is no flexibility about the exact weight and size of the suitcase and hand luggage. If you can avoid this airline, be sure to fly with another company.
RouteBelgrade to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Spotless flight attendants"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Prior to my very first flight with Air Serbia from Copenhagen to Belgrade late February 2018, I visited this website to set my expectations. Upon check-in was assigned the seat in row 13 which the vast majority of the Airlines do not use. After minor delay boarded clean Airbus 319 with retrofitted Recaro seats and plenty of legroom. Spotless flight attendants and free sandwich and beverages, including beer and wine. Flight was smooth and eventless. All the crew spoke good English. Would recommend this Airline to others. Yes, they ruined my checked-in luggage, but that's probably due to ground handling.
RouteCopenhagen to Belgrade
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"than terrible, terrible service"

Trip Verified | I don’t know what else to say other than terrible, terrible service. The staff were always rude. Whether at the airport or flying they were not friendly and very hard to communicate with. Our flight was diverted to Toronto as JFK was experiencing a harsh storm. When we landed in Toronto, they would not tell us what the next step was. We waited for hours before we found out anything. No food, no beverage and lack of communication. It’s been weeks and I have yet to track my baggage. Every time I call no one can help. I have to even call internationally and they never answer. The call center in NY does not help at all. Flyers please be aware that this airline company is terrible and does not help customers in any way.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBelgrade to New York JFK
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Poor service and no in-flight entertainment"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Serbia from Abu Dhabi to Ljubljana via Belgrade. Poor service and no in-flight entertainment. Overall my worst experience in an international flight. The quality of meal served in the flight is quite poor as well. The airline requires significant improvement varying from In-flight service, meals provided and customer service.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Ljubljana via Belgrade
Date FlownAugust 2017

"had such a bad service"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Prague to Larnaca via Belgrade. Air Serbia offers special meals, so I took this chance and 24 hours before the flight I chose the raw vegan meal hoping that’s gonna be gluten-free. Standing in front of the check-in desk my friend said that from the two ladies one of them looks like she hates her life so she would like to go to the other one, so I went to this grumpy lady and after my friend had to come too because we were booked together so it would be faster, it took her like 10-15 minutes still but whatever. She told my friend she needs to check in her cabin baggage so I told my friend to take her important stuff out and the lady while she didn’t even look at us through the whole conversation says in an arrogant tone “you leave the baggage outside the aircraft, you get it outside the aircraft, do you understand what I am saying?” we were shocked what is her problem. So after during the first flight to Belgrade the stewardess lady told me to take off my headphones and she walked away, I didn’t really understand for what reason tho. After landing we went to the transfer flights, at the information desk the staff were just chatting instead of helping the passengers. I would like to mention that there was no shop from where I could buy water or anything. So I couldn’t wait to board and get something to drink and get my pre-ordered raw vegan meal. They changed our seats and my friend asked this stewardess woman or whatever she is that why and she was like “because of the balance of the aircraft”. I was starving when I saw them serving the meal. The staff didn’t even look at me gave the sandwiches to the man and to his daughter next to me and wanted to walk away when the man told him he forgot about me. He is with a fake tone “Oh do you want?” I told him I ordered my meal if I could get it, he looks at me disdainfully that he got the vegetarian sandwich if I want. After they came with the drinks this man ignored me again. I don’t know what’s with their attitude and why they have this special meal offer if anyway, they don't care. I have never been treated with such an ignorance and had such a bad service on a plane before.
RoutePrague to Larnaca via Belgrade