Air Malta

"customer care non existent"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Catania. Their customer care is non existent, our plane was diverted from Catania to Malta for unspecified technical problems. 70 people including kids left with no support for 6 hours overnight in an indecent airport, no manager showed up and nobody of their ground crew had an idea of what was going on!
RouteVienna to Catania
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"exception based on nationality"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | This is the worst experience ever! I was flying to London and I only had the hand luggage with me. Before boarding, the girl asked me to check the size of my hand luggage and because it didn’t fit she decided to send it in the back. she asked another person to check the size of his hand luggage and same as me, it didn’t fit. But, the guy refused and he passed with his hand luggage. When I asked the girl why is this guy allowed and I am not, she said ”he has expensive staff in it” I was shocked, I said I have expensive staff as well, i will make a complain, and I want my hand luggage. She refused, saying first, the guy is from Malta and if You keep asking for explanations, she won t let me boarding anymore. I have been travelling with this hand luggage all over the world, and none of the airlines complained about the size! She shouldn’t do exception based on nationality!
RouteMalta to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"In a word - awful"

Trip Verified | Munich to Malta. Old, shabby aircraft, average cabin service, no in-flight entertainment. Lost luggage for about 50 passengers! Only one person on baggage services desk, processing people very slowly. First time with this airline, but never again. In a word - awful.
RouteMunich to Malta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"it's been going down-hill"

Trip Verified | London to Malta. Air Malta management has lost the plot! As a frequent flyer, I used to find the airline fairly acceptable even though somewhat expensive. Sadly it's been going down-hill for a while and it has now hit rock bottom. Aircraft are shabby, service is not to standard and boarding at Heathrow chaotic. I am often forced to fly this airline due to circumstances but I definitely will fly with alternative carriers wherever possible. Wake up Air Malta and get yourself back in shape.
RouteLondon to Malta
Date FlownJuly 2018

"child's car seat broken"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | We reported our child's car seat broken to the partner company at Vienna Airport. They processed everything normally within about 3 weeks and told us to send in our original documents and wait for a response from Air Malta. That was 5 months ago, and nothing has happened since. Not only that, but phone calls end up nowhere. I have been referred to three different phone numbers by Air Malta employees, and the last one told me that the people who are now handling my case do not have a phone number. Only an E-Mail Adress, to which I have sent a few polite E-Mails over the last weeks (not in the tone of this review, but rather in a simple enquiring manner), but never received a response. I know that baggage compensations are mostly a service and not a legal requirement, but if an airline doesn't do it, I will simply not use their services anymore.
RouteMalta to Vienna
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Worse than Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Malta to Heathrow. Travelling with my family, our takeoff was delayed 204 minutes without reason being offered though, when asked, a member of staff said "operational issues". About an hour of that 204 minutes was locked onboard the plane waiting for a takeoff slot. Of course, everyone was tired and bored but - and I mean BUT - the crew made things worse! No information was given, no pleasantness or courtesy was shown. They were just plain rude. And, despite the over-3-hour delay, they didn't even offer water at any point until nearly an hour into the flight. I should add that if you had paid extra to fly business class, your experience would have been better. The bulk of us in economy could see the senior steward serving the 5 (five) business class flyers with drink and food, quite repetitively while the rest of us just waited for water. And the senior steward does know how to smile! He just switches it off when he enters economy class. Really bad. Worse than Ryanair.
RouteMalta to Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2018

"no one even tries to smile or help"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Malta. Firstly my flight was delayed. Twice. No information, no notification. Secondly, they changed my seat. Twice. No information, no notification. The second time I was already in the plane and then they just said that I have to take another seat. Our plane has some technical problems. Well, it happens. But do you think they told us something? No, all the passengers were leaved in the busses, without any information and without air conditioning. In the middle of the airport (believe me, it was very loud!). The seats are very close to each other. And I am a small person. My husband just had no space. So, they can’t solve the problems, they are not informing passengers, the plane is not comfortable, no one even tries to smile or help you. Will I fly Air Malta again? Never.
RouteFrankfurt to Malta
Date FlownMay 2018

"one of the better airlines"

Trip Verified | Malta to Bristol. The staff were friendly and professional nothing was to much trouble. Seating was very comfortable and the aircraft clean. Impressed with the complimentary light snack and bottle of water. Prices of the inflight service were reasonable. I would highly recommend flying with Air Malta one of the better airlines I’ve flown with.
RouteMalta to Bristol
Date FlownMay 2018

"service is as great as before"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Malta to Gatwick. The experience was pleasant. Staff are very friendly and hospitable. Even though Air Malta moved into the low cost market, service is as great as before.
RouteMalta to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2018

Air Malta customer review

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I fly this route from Malta to Amsterdam almost every week and try to avoid Air Malta as much as possible but sometimes this is not possible, even prefer an indirect flight over a direct Air Malta flight. Recently additional surprises occurred. For months now when flying Air Malta you get a Latvian old lease Boeing, no room, fully booked.
RouteMalta to Amsterdam