Best Cabin Crew

Air Malta

"make sure you eat at the airport"

Back in the day Air Malta used to serve us a nice hot breakfast, lunch and dinner depending what time of the flight. Flew London Gatwick to Malta. Now the airline serve us a sandwich and a drink of water for free. Just to warn you in the future make sure you eat a lot at the airport. When I was younger Air Malta used to have inflight movies, now it's just a live map.
RouteLGW to MLA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"never use Air Malta again"

Having travelled with Air Malta since 1988 many times and recommending them, I can no longer recommend them. I was due to travel to Malta in June 2015 but was unfortunately diagnosed with breast cancer and had to cancel my holiday. After contacting Air Malta and having to practically beg them, they agreed to hold mine and my partners flights so long as I travelled before 31st March 2016 and provided evidence which I did. I have recently finished my treatment and am now ready to travel. I phoned Air Malta to re-book and was informed that it was 80 euro for each of us to re-book. I explained that I had been off work for nine months and could not afford it and I would not be able to go and they said sorry, cannot help. I emailed customer service to be told the same thing. I could understand it - if I merely cancelled my trip but in the circumstances, they could and should be more sympathetic. I have been to hell and back this past year and to have to deal with this is so distressing. Air Malta does not care more as their logo States, it should say does not care less. I will never use Air Malta again.
RouteLHR to MLA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"happy with service"

I took return flights from Gatwick to Malta for a short vacation and was happy with service on both flights. The onboard and ground staff were polite and helpful. I appreciated the checked luggage allowance and the free onboard snack, something you often don't get in economy. The prices in their Sky Bar Menu for paid for food and drink were very reasonable also.
RouteGatwick to Malta
Date FlownNovember 2015

"disappointed with Air Malta"

Very disappointed with Air Malta. Flew with my daughter and grandchildren from London Heathrow to Malta. Although flight departure was at 7 pm, we were only served a bread roll and bottle of water! Had to pay extra for any other snacks/drinks and they are very expensive. No entertainment whatsoever. This was quite an expensive scheduled flight [approx. £2,500 for 5 of us], and have had better cabin services from much cheaper budget airlines.
RouteLHR to MLA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"service appalling and unfriendly"

(Brazil)

I was disappointed with Air Malta, the flight to Algeria was not a cheap one despite the short distance, one week before my flight they cancel it and fly me to Germany and transfer me to another airline from there. I found Air Malta service appalling and unfriendly, crew and ground staff tired and fed up, plane is new but a bit shabby, they only serve sandwiches on board with a tiny bottle of water!
RouteMLA to FRA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"not unusual to cancel flights"

This flight was to have been a direct flight from Malta to Venice booked in December 2014, for a June 11th 2015 departure, we were going to leave on a cruise from Venice. Five weeks before the date I was phoned by Air Malta advising my flight had been cancelled. This is not unusual for Air Malta to cancel scheduled flights and they were very clear they did not have to give me a reason. My options to replace this 2 hour flight was a total of 11 hours via the UK, or Vienna or another far off destination, which also meant I missed a day in Venice and had to pay Euros 138.00 just to arrive at my hotel at midnight. I was told no compensation either. My only other alternative was a refund. I managed to arrange for a flight via Rome. Taking a connecting flight with one of the Air Malta partners I would possibly fly with them if there was no other option, but a stand alone flight I would not.
RouteMalta to Venice via Rome
Date FlownJune 2015

"cabin crew not a happy bunch"

Paris to Malta. The ground crew were very helpful at the gate since I did not have any seats assigned by Air France because their computers had a glitch. The cabin crew were not a happy bunch, your felt as though you had crashed their party. They did the minimum and one of them was actually quite abusive, apparently that is acceptable according to Air Malta management. The flight itself was smooth, on time and a nice landing. They should not waste their time serving the buns and water. Not my first choice to fly with taking into account the numerous other carriers available at the same or lower fares.
RouteParis to Malta

"food is not very nice"

This Air Malta flight from Venice to Malta went well. The only problem is the ground crew at the airport did not call for boarding at any time. Fortunately we were sitting by the gate and noticed a last boarding sign. The flight was comfortable, on time, the crew on this flight was very nice and helpful. The food as usual a bun and water is not very nice. Because of other problems with Air Malta I would not fly with them again just because this flight went smoothly. I just can't take that chance again.
RouteVenice to Malta
Date FlownJune 2015

"disappointed they have stopped serving meals"

Good clean comfortable aircraft, disappointed that they have stopped serving meals, although you do get a small baguette and a bottle of water. Very expensive for a flight in early Oct. Cost me over £320 pounds, Ryanair about half that price but I could not get to the airport. Flight back delayed for an hour which caused me problems.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Malta
Date FlownOctober 2015

"I found Air Malta excellent"

I requested assisted boarding and seats together for my disabled husband and I, and they sorted it all within 24 hours. We found the Air Malta cabin crew very pleasant and efficient. The snacks of a ham and cheese roll and bottle of water may not have been a cooked meal, but were more than other airlines provide. Tea, coffee plus other drinks were offered for sale, as were snacks. All in all I found Air Malta excellent. We will fly again with them next year, hopefully.
RouteCardiff to Malta