Air Malta

"child's car seat broken"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | We reported our child's car seat broken to the partner company at Vienna Airport. They processed everything normally within about 3 weeks and told us to send in our original documents and wait for a response from Air Malta. That was 5 months ago, and nothing has happened since. Not only that, but phone calls end up nowhere. I have been referred to three different phone numbers by Air Malta employees, and the last one told me that the people who are now handling my case do not have a phone number. Only an E-Mail Adress, to which I have sent a few polite E-Mails over the last weeks (not in the tone of this review, but rather in a simple enquiring manner), but never received a response. I know that baggage compensations are mostly a service and not a legal requirement, but if an airline doesn't do it, I will simply not use their services anymore.
RouteMalta to Vienna
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Worse than Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Malta to Heathrow. Travelling with my family, our takeoff was delayed 204 minutes without reason being offered though, when asked, a member of staff said "operational issues". About an hour of that 204 minutes was locked onboard the plane waiting for a takeoff slot. Of course, everyone was tired and bored but - and I mean BUT - the crew made things worse! No information was given, no pleasantness or courtesy was shown. They were just plain rude. And, despite the over-3-hour delay, they didn't even offer water at any point until nearly an hour into the flight. I should add that if you had paid extra to fly business class, your experience would have been better. The bulk of us in economy could see the senior steward serving the 5 (five) business class flyers with drink and food, quite repetitively while the rest of us just waited for water. And the senior steward does know how to smile! He just switches it off when he enters economy class. Really bad. Worse than Ryanair.
RouteMalta to Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2018

"no one even tries to smile or help"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Malta. Firstly my flight was delayed. Twice. No information, no notification. Secondly, they changed my seat. Twice. No information, no notification. The second time I was already in the plane and then they just said that I have to take another seat. Our plane has some technical problems. Well, it happens. But do you think they told us something? No, all the passengers were leaved in the busses, without any information and without air conditioning. In the middle of the airport (believe me, it was very loud!). The seats are very close to each other. And I am a small person. My husband just had no space. So, they can’t solve the problems, they are not informing passengers, the plane is not comfortable, no one even tries to smile or help you. Will I fly Air Malta again? Never.
RouteFrankfurt to Malta
Date FlownMay 2018

"one of the better airlines"

Trip Verified | Malta to Bristol. The staff were friendly and professional nothing was to much trouble. Seating was very comfortable and the aircraft clean. Impressed with the complimentary light snack and bottle of water. Prices of the inflight service were reasonable. I would highly recommend flying with Air Malta one of the better airlines I’ve flown with.
RouteMalta to Bristol
Date FlownMay 2018

"service is as great as before"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Malta to Gatwick. The experience was pleasant. Staff are very friendly and hospitable. Even though Air Malta moved into the low cost market, service is as great as before.
RouteMalta to Gatwick

Air Malta customer review

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I fly this route from Malta to Amsterdam almost every week and try to avoid Air Malta as much as possible but sometimes this is not possible, even prefer an indirect flight over a direct Air Malta flight. Recently additional surprises occurred. For months now when flying Air Malta you get a Latvian old lease Boeing, no room, fully booked.
RouteMalta to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2018

"excellent flight"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Malta. Excellent flight. My only commment is that boarding was chaotic. Boarding should be according to seat numbers with rear seats to be occupied first. Passengers should be asked to be seated until there numbers are called. Also elderly and children should board first. Otherwise one of the best flights I have had.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Malta

"I got what I paid for"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Malta. Had relatively low expectations but the airline delivered for me. My flight was only 30 mins late. Seats were very close together, provided snack was nasty, but the price for my flights was very cheap. I got what I paid for. Would use again, especially if the price was right again.
RouteAmsterdam to Malta

Air Malta customer review

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Flew Amsterdam to Malta. I always try to avoid Air Malta if possible, unfortunately sometimes I do not succeed. I prefer an indirect flight instead of a direct Air Malta flight. Air Malta is not cheap but has bad service. Unfriendly staff, bad spread of seats. Very expensive additional luggage fee. Poor food, legspace very limited and no internet check in. Try to avoid if possible.
RouteAmsterdam to Malta
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"joins the race to the bottom"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | When flying from Brussels to Malta on December 27 I was once more confronted with the total incompetence of Air Malta. Official Air Malta luggage voucher was not recognized (by incompetent check-in staff) and caused a 30 min delay at check-in. Special sized luggage did not arrive with the flight (they said, but very probably badly handled by incompetent luggage handlers at Malta Airport). This is my conclusion because was found back before any other flight from Brussels arrived. Air Malta was not capable to make the late luggage delivery in time (before 17:00) driver could not be reached, and after 18:00 nobody of Air Malta answers any phone. Only after 19:00 the luggage was delivered by a driver that was not even capable to ring a doorbell or use a mobile phone, but made his presence clear by claxonning. I did not receive any calls back after 18:00 from Air Malta, so there is a general incompetence to pass any messages between staff, or even in a general sense. So even with staff quality Air Malta joins the race to the bottom of the cheapest airlines.
RouteBrussels to Malta