Top 100 Airlines

Air Malta

"my first choice to Malta"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Rome to Malta. I fly with Air Malta quite often and I have always been completely satisfied with their punctuality. They are usually also the cheapest legacy carrier to get you to Malta, at least from Rome. They have a nice magazine called Il-Bizilla (Maltese for lace) providing interesting information. Planes feature small overhead screens with the usual airshow. Cabin staff are hit-and-miss and sometimes quite grumpy. Unfortunately, the aircrafts' interiors are also quite old. Seats are tired and on this particular flight, the seat pocket was still full of trash. Complimentary food consisted of a small roll (Maltese-style tuna sandwich) and a bottle of water with additional choices available against payment. Completely adequate for the 1h long flight. They are always my first choice when it comes to flying to Malta. I know that they are going through tough times, but cleaning the plane properly should not be too difficult.
RouteFCO to MLA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cabin crew are very friendly"

(Malta)

Malta to Milan Linate - I frequently travel with Air Malta. It is a comfortable option and offers really good prices. Usually flights are on time, cabin crew are very friendly, I really like the fact that bags fly free and Air Malta gives you also a free snack (bottle of water and baguette). Will use this airline in the future.
RouteMLA to LIN
Date FlownJune 2016

"Air Malta staff indifferent"

Flew EasyJet in February which was ok but used to prefer major airlines so flew KLM to Amsterdam (great) then Air Malta to Malta. So you pay top whack for this airline which used to be average a few years ago but now no hot meal or drink, hot drink available at an inflated cost and the tea was vile and no hot meal even at a cost, even Easyjet can manage this. What you do get free, and this is listed on the ticket as a meal, is a bottle of water with no cup and a roll, I was the only one of a party of four who ate mine. And so to the airport, no cases, Air Malta or Schiphol? Still waiting next day, should be here by 11 pm. Air Malta staff indifferent. Easyjet from now on then with no transfer, Malta still my favourite destination though.
RouteEDI to MLA via AMS
Date FlownMay 2016

"perfectly adequate airline"

(Poland)

Munich to Malta. Good friendly service and on time arrival. The aircraft was modern and I liked the random Maltese facts painted on the inside of each engine. When I first sat down in my seat the plane had been configured wrongly and my economy seat was in fact in business class. Once the passengers were all seated the crew reconfigured the aircraft and moved the curtains further up. This meant that we couldn't see the screen displaying the safety and emergency procedures video. The food was very limited and if we wanted anything more including coffee there was an extra surcharge. Overall, though this was a perfectly adequate airline.
RouteMUC to MLA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"don't recall being as disappointed"

These guys really don't deserve to get your business. I tend to use many different airlines and also use low-cost airlines, accepting that I will receive less service for the money I paid. I had my struggles with some airlines, but I don't recall being as disappointed as I have been with Air Malta. First they cancelled my flight two weeks after I booked it - of course without letting me know any reason. I was lucky enough to get an alternative for the same day, stopping over in Munich. Besides the additional stop that was not even a detour, but was so early in the day that it got troublesome already (since we were staying at the neighbour island Gozo and having to catch a ferry before the flight). Four weeks later they inform me that even this new flight got rescheduled and starts even one hour earlier. When asking for an alternative flight the customer service lady told me that they won't offer me any alternatives as the rescheduling was less than two hours. When pointing out that my original flight was planned seven hours later, she said as I had confirmed the first change, I am no longer eligible for objecting against the change. So I have to accept every rescheduling from my changed flight plan if it is a change of less than 2 hrs. I had to let go off our last day on Gozo, had to find a new hotel near the airport (for a family of 5), had a ruined day with sleep-deprived kids and an endless wait at the connecting airport.
RouteMLA to DUS
Date FlownJuly 2015

"make sure you eat at the airport"

Back in the day Air Malta used to serve us a nice hot breakfast, lunch and dinner depending what time of the flight. Flew London Gatwick to Malta. Now the airline serve us a sandwich and a drink of water for free. Just to warn you in the future make sure you eat a lot at the airport. When I was younger Air Malta used to have inflight movies, now it's just a live map.
RouteLGW to MLA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"never use Air Malta again"

Having travelled with Air Malta since 1988 many times and recommending them, I can no longer recommend them. I was due to travel to Malta in June 2015 but was unfortunately diagnosed with breast cancer and had to cancel my holiday. After contacting Air Malta and having to practically beg them, they agreed to hold mine and my partners flights so long as I travelled before 31st March 2016 and provided evidence which I did. I have recently finished my treatment and am now ready to travel. I phoned Air Malta to re-book and was informed that it was 80 euro for each of us to re-book. I explained that I had been off work for nine months and could not afford it and I would not be able to go and they said sorry, cannot help. I emailed customer service to be told the same thing. I could understand it - if I merely cancelled my trip but in the circumstances, they could and should be more sympathetic. I have been to hell and back this past year and to have to deal with this is so distressing. Air Malta does not care more as their logo States, it should say does not care less. I will never use Air Malta again.
RouteLHR to MLA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"happy with service"

I took return flights from Gatwick to Malta for a short vacation and was happy with service on both flights. The onboard and ground staff were polite and helpful. I appreciated the checked luggage allowance and the free onboard snack, something you often don't get in economy. The prices in their Sky Bar Menu for paid for food and drink were very reasonable also.
RouteGatwick to Malta
Date FlownNovember 2015

"disappointed with Air Malta"

Very disappointed with Air Malta. Flew with my daughter and grandchildren from London Heathrow to Malta. Although flight departure was at 7 pm, we were only served a bread roll and bottle of water! Had to pay extra for any other snacks/drinks and they are very expensive. No entertainment whatsoever. This was quite an expensive scheduled flight [approx. £2,500 for 5 of us], and have had better cabin services from much cheaper budget airlines.
RouteLHR to MLA
Date FlownOctober 2015

"service appalling and unfriendly"

(Brazil)

I was disappointed with Air Malta, the flight to Algeria was not a cheap one despite the short distance, one week before my flight they cancel it and fly me to Germany and transfer me to another airline from there. I found Air Malta service appalling and unfriendly, crew and ground staff tired and fed up, plane is new but a bit shabby, they only serve sandwiches on board with a tiny bottle of water!
RouteMLA to FRA