top100_2016

Air Macau

"highly not recommended"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Macau to Chengdu. My debut with this carrier, check-in at 1000 for noon flight, staff said flight will be delayed but didn't know exact departure time, and said will notify me once confirm. Wait until 1500, receive SMS that flight departs 1700. Finally I decided to cancel my trip. I like to say I book through their site, air fare is standard fare which is not value for money, for a national carrier their ground staff and services seems like budget airline. The staff are not initiated and not intended to compensate or apology. Regret to choose this carrier and highly not recommended!
RouteMFM to CTU
Date FlownJuly 2016

"not very impressed with safety"

(Macau)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Macau with Air Macau, and not very impressed with cabin crew and safety procedures. I fly a lot and have used many different airlines. It appeared that the staff were not interested in doing their job properly. The passenger in front of me never put on his seat belt once, (take off and landing included) and not one member of staff checked or asked him to do so. The woman in the isle seat next to me had 3 bags which she held on her knee and at her feet, a flight attendant came to answer her question about how long the flight would take, but negated to request the passenger to put her luggage in the stow compartment during take off and landing. Some seats remained reclined during decent. I will mention (and this may reflect on the airport) but once we were off the aircraft we were put onto a bus to take us to the gate, as the door opened there was a lot of pushing and shoving from passengers to be the first one off and through to passport check. I had to hold onto a rail so that I would not be pushed over. I have never experienced anything like this. This airline could much better if improvements are made in regard to the above.
RouteHAN to MFM
Date FlownJune 2016

"8.5 hours at the airport"

(Macau)

Verified Review | Shanghai to Macau with Air Macau. My flight NX135 was supposed to depart at 16:40. I got to the airport at 15:00 and I was told that the flight was delayed because the airplane was still in Macau. So at least 3 hours delay but they had no idea when the plane was flying to Shanghai and also no idea why it was still in Macau. At the gate, the staff told us it was due to "air traffic" and "weather in Guangzhou". In the end, we boarder at 23:30. I spent 8.5 hours at the airport. When I came back, I was told by my friends and colleagues that this is very common with Air Macau, thus I am sure I'm not flying with this airline anymore.
RoutePVG to MFM
Date FlownMay 2016

"not a single on time departure"

(Thailand)

Round trip between Bangkok and Tokyo/Narita with layover in Macau both times. Each of the four flights were delayed between 10 minutes and an hour and a half. Not a single on time departure on my trip. This airline seems to a have its pilots climb and descend very rapidly. There are economic advantages to this type of flying but it can be uncomfortable on your ears. Cabin temperature inconsistent, hot at times and cold at times. For food, "fish rice" was the only option on one of the legs, the other also had a chicken and rice meal. I am 6'4" so very sensitive to seat pitch. I thought the seats were OK for the shorter flights but couldn't handle them for much longer. Aircraft's are older A320 and A321s that could use a refurbishment. We got a good price for these tickets so I will say the value wasn't bad.
RouteBKK to NRT via MFM
Date FlownApril 2016

"so hot it was unbearable"

We were on Air Macau flight from Osaka to Macau in the winter. The weather in both Osaka and Macau were very cold at the time, yet the cabin temperature was almost 30 degree Celsius. It was so hot that it was unbearable. Several passengers reflect the issue to the flight attendants yet nothing was done. It was like sitting in the baking oven. It was the worst 4 hour flight I have experienced. There were apparent difference in temperature between front section and rear section of the cabin (much hotter in the front and mid section). Maybe that's why the flight attendant who were staying in the back did not take passengers' request seriously. Cabin temperature is so important for passenger comfort and so simple to correct, it should also match the weather condition of the departure location.
RouteKIX to MFM
Date FlownJanuary 2016

(Taiwan)

An hour late leaving Taipei. Plane seating was very tight but ok for me. Staff immaculate and very polite - probably this airlines saving grace. Food was hot but a bit bland. Couldn't hear hostess or pilot on the intercom. Return flight was ok smaller airbus but seating adequate. Again food was nice and hot but I had to ask for tea which should be served after meal. I didn't expect too much from an hour and a half flight but they could supply headphones and music. Also both flights were serviced by steps NO air-bridge - surely this wouldn't affect pricing too much would it? Overall fair for the price but some attention to detail needed.

(South Korea)

ICN-MFM on old A321. Seats are old styled and very tight. Service is outstanding but meals are poor. No various beverages for their serving as well. Captain spoke English very well. A321-200 is too narrow between seats and aisle however quite ok for me. For my next trip if the price is right then I may use this flight again.

Air Macau customer review

My wife and I recently flew MFM-CTU in business class. The flight departed Macau 40 mins late with no explanation offered to passengers. Once onboard A320 the polite though business like crew assisted passengers in storing carry on items. The aircraft interior could have used a thorough cleaning. Meal service was efficient although flight attendants disappeared once the bland food was served. The pilot and first officer spoke excellent English cabin attendants could have used some tutoring. We chose this carrier because it offered the only choice of non stop service between Macau and Chengdu.

Air Macau customer review

Flew Air Macau from Tapei to Macau and back during the Chinese New Year. A321 were deployed at the TPE-MFM sector. Economy class was full seats were cramped but bearable for the 1.5 hr flight. Food was poor. MFM-TPE sector had no boarding bridge so has to take the bus to the aircraft. Which I find it quite annoying given how small the Macau International Airport was and not much traffic go through Air Macau still can't find a boarding bridge. Again food was poor on the way back. Crew on both flight were efficient though but lack of smile and can clearly felt that they were treating Business Class passengers better when the curtain between the two classes is still open.

Air Macau customer review

Taipei to Shanghai via Macao in Economy. Check-in swift and all flights on time. I was allowed to go ahead of the mess of tour groups at the Shanghai counter in order to check in. Seats are cramped and food is fair (you might want to eat before you board). Planes were full on all sectors. Bring a good book for entertainment. Not exactly the world's jazziest airline but certainly not the worst.