Air Macau

Review by (Taiwan) 12th February 2014

An hour late leaving Taipei. Plane seating was very tight but ok for me. Staff immaculate and very polite - probably this airlines saving grace. Food was hot but a bit bland. Couldn't hear hostess or pilot on the intercom. Return flight was ok smaller airbus but seating adequate. Again food was nice and hot but I had to ask for tea which should be served after meal. I didn't expect too much from an hour and a half flight but they could supply headphones and music. Also both flights were serviced by steps NO air-bridge - surely this wouldn't affect pricing too much would it? Overall fair for the price but some attention to detail needed.
Cabin FlownEconomy

Review by (South Korea) 11th May 2012

ICN-MFM on old A321. Seats are old styled and very tight. Service is outstanding but meals are poor. No various beverages for their serving as well. Captain spoke English very well. A321-200 is too narrow between seats and aisle however quite ok for me. For my next trip if the price is right then I may use this flight again.
Cabin FlownEconomy

Review by (Canada) 6th March 2012

My wife and I recently flew MFM-CTU in business class. The flight departed Macau 40 mins late with no explanation offered to passengers. Once onboard A320 the polite though business like crew assisted passengers in storing carry on items. The aircraft interior could have used a thorough cleaning. Meal service was efficient although flight attendants disappeared once the bland food was served. The pilot and first officer spoke excellent English cabin attendants could have used some tutoring. We chose this carrier because it offered the only choice of non stop service between Macau and Chengdu.

Review by 4th February 2009

Flew Air Macau from Tapei to Macau and back during the Chinese New Year. A321 were deployed at the TPE-MFM sector. Economy class was full seats were cramped but bearable for the 1.5 hr flight. Food was poor. MFM-TPE sector had no boarding bridge so has to take the bus to the aircraft. Which I find it quite annoying given how small the Macau International Airport was and not much traffic go through Air Macau still can't find a boarding bridge. Again food was poor on the way back. Crew on both flight were efficient though but lack of smile and can clearly felt that they were treating Business Class passengers better when the curtain between the two classes is still open.

Review by 25th October 2007

Taipei to Shanghai via Macao in Economy. Check-in swift and all flights on time. I was allowed to go ahead of the mess of tour groups at the Shanghai counter in order to check in. Seats are cramped and food is fair (you might want to eat before you board). Planes were full on all sectors. Bring a good book for entertainment. Not exactly the world's jazziest airline but certainly not the worst.

Review by 26th July 2007

Taipei To Beijing which transfered in Macau. Economy class seat was incredibly small. The food was OK from Beijing to Macau but is a nightmare from Macau to Taipei. Services well done and crew are polite. Passengers should notice that the airline often delay or cancel their flights.

Review by 1st February 2007

Y class MFM-BKK. Check-in with few smiles actually but smooth not charged any excess baggage charge despite being slightly overweight departure on time. Onboard the staff were polite and cheerful helped lifting heavy hand baggage in overhead locker and present throughout the whole flight. Language skills good and attentive in all our needs. Offered music headset pillow and blanket and at time of meal served also main course choice: appreciated that. Good security instructions by video presentation and good IFE with an interesting travelog film. Wide duty free choice. Toilet conditions could have been much better! For all the rest Air Macau is a reliable airline as far as I experienced especially in terms of helpful and knowledgeable onboard staff. I would recommend it also for its good fares and I would definitely prefer to fly again with them instead of trying low-cost competitors on same route.

Review by 30th June 2006

Shanghai to Taipei The flight was delayed for more than 3 hours without explanation. Eventually we were informed to board an A300. It was an awful and old aircraft and full of terrible smell and the air conditioning was not functioning properly. This airline does not pay attention to flight safety - I consider Air Macau is the worst airline I have ever taken.

Review by 22nd October 2005

Macau-Shanghai. Business Class. Full cabin. Drinks meal tea and coffee all served and cleared away 45 minutes after take-off. Why the rush? I filled in a Customer Comment card requesting a reply but never received it. I definitely recommend avoiding Air Macau - it is worth going to HKG just to use DragonAir - 1000 times better than Air Macau.

Review by 6th May 2005

Macau-Bangkok - business class. The airline changed its departure time without notifying me from 6pm to 11:30pm! Fortunately I found out by accident. My experience with the ground crew and Macau airport personnel was similar - poor or no English. The Business Class Lounge lady told me "no more food go downstairs". When I went to the restaurant there was almost no food left. We finally departed at almost 12:00 midnight amidst great confusion. Onboard the service was very polite the food was ample but mediocre entertainment system was retro with service announcements that seemed to occur every 15 minutes. Air Macau is not cheap. The only advantage of Air Macau is that if you are going to Macau you avoid having to take the ferry from HK otherwise skip this one.