Air Italy

"clean and tidy aircraft"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | New York to Milan. Good flight, clean and tidy aircraft, poor IFE and bad headphones. Good meals but with a poor presentation. Friendly staff, with some ups and downs. They have to improve in some places in order to balance the best competition.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNew York to Milan
Date FlownAugust 2018

"great service on board"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Italy from Milan to Rome. Wonderful new airline with brand new airplanes. Cheap tickets, but great service on board. Even got a complimentary drink and snack. Very comfortable seats with adjustable headrest, even on our short flight. Also one of the cleanest airplanes I have seen.
RouteMilan to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2018

"online check in didn’t work"

Trip Verified | Milan to Moscow. Worst services ever. Their online check in didn’t work for me. Tried to pay online for the bag couldn’t do it as well. At the airport paid 50 Euros, instead of 25€ online. Said that if I won’t pay I won’t fly.
RouteMilan to Moscow

"headphones do not work"

Trip Verified | Milan to Miami. From the outside the plane looks cute with it's paintings and markings. On the inside the plane has an old musty smell. The pillows were decent but the blankets felt like they just shake it off and fold. The seats are small, narrow and cramped. They do have a great selection of movies and tv shows and even have live TV available. This would be great if the movies and shows had subtitles in English because the headphones do not work. I asked for another one and was told it's my last one. You can only hear from one a ear bud and the sound quality is very bad. To start the staff hands us a ripped menu. The options were beef or vegetarian. When they get to us they had run out of beef. I am adamant that I don't want anything. The staff said the gnocchi is good and he likes it more than Beef, and that I should give it a try. I relent, only to hear him tell the guy behind me that there's a special menu - mushrooms with polenta. Why wasn't this offered to us as well? The gnocchi did end up being pretty decent, but was the only thing edible on that try. Their appetizer was what I think was a tuna salad, I found the bread horrible. They serve coffee after meals. The staff gave me a stern look when I asked for a cup of water and a cup of soda. They also served gelato during the flight which was not bad. And the last meal was a slice of pizza with a brownie (pizza was decent but brownie I found disgusting. Bathrooms were standard but kept clean throughout. Check-in was fairly easy, I just checked in online but I did not have to check in any baggage so I can't comment on this. No delays and flight arrived an hour earlier. This made me happy and was the redeeming quality of this flight.
RouteMilan to Miami
Date FlownJuly 2018

"service and food were fine"

Trip Verified | Accra to Milan, the flight was fine. The Accra flight comes via Lagos, and it must be one of the cheapest ways to fly from west Africa to Europe (250 euro one way, no bag). The flight was only 50% full at most, at check in I asked for, and was given an exit seat (which you would normally have to pay 70 euro for), and as there was a clear row of four seats near the back so I moved after takeoff and slept for most of the flight. The service and food were fine. No in flight entertainment. Cabin staff were pleasant (mostly Italian) and were happy to bring extra water when asked. The Boeing 767 was 20 years old, and showed its age, but it flew on time. I wrote this review to counter all the 1 star horror stories - now that Qatar have invested in the airline hopefully some new(er) planes will start running the Africa routes.
Aircraft767-300
RouteAccra to Milan
Date FlownMay 2018

"appalled by lack of assistance"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flight from Milan to Dakar at 9 am. The day before the flight I tried to get a boarding pass online through the web site but it would not work. We arrived at the check-in desk at 7.32 am, only to find it deserted. We went to the general ticketing office of Milan Malpensa Airport where a kind lady told us that for flights to Dakar the check-in closed 90 minutes before take-off and that no Air Italy staff was available as they had all moved to the gate. I checked my ticket but this information was nowhere to be found. Only with the help of this lady could i find this information in a sub-section of the Air Italy website. The lady told us we had missed our flight and nothing could be done (the plane was due to leave in over 75 minutes by then). She told us to try and contact the Air Italy call centre (2 euro per minute) and see if we could get on the next flight which would leave 3 days later by paying a penalty. I tried to call but after a few minutes of recordings I just gave up given the high cost of the phone call. More people with small children arrived just after us for that flight and no one was offered any help or could speak to any Air Italy staff member. In the end we had to buy a ticket with another airline leaving on that same day. I was appalled by the lack of any form of assistance or of clear communication (they should have mentioned that the check-in closed at 90 minutes on the ticket). Never again will I fly with Air Italy.
RouteMilan to Dakar