Air India Express

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 24th July 2015

Took this flight because of convenient timing. Check in was smooth. Surprisingly they started boarding early, more than 1 hour before flight time. Plane was only 3 minutes from the terminal. We got to the plane and thee was no AC, temperature outside was over 40 degrees Celsius (Dubai in July). Passengers were getting very restless and children were crying due to heat. They had us on the plane for a very long time and we ended up leaving late, so more than 1 hour on the plane. AC only went on properly 15 minutes after take off. The aircraft was very very old and dirty. Flight was smooth and crew was friendly. They need to use newer planes, or reconsider. People use this because of timing and non-stop route to Pune. I think if there were better option no one would go on it.
RouteDubai to Pune

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 11th February 2015

I used travelled Air India Express back in September on AUH-COK-AUH sector. The fare was pretty much the best compared to other airlines. AUH-COK took off on time and with only less than 50 passengers on board due to off- season. The crew were pleasant and helpful. They provided snacks and even I got 3 bottles of water extra upon request. On the return the flight was almost full. Good service on time departure on both segments. Surprisingly there was not any IFE screens there. After describing the security and safety instructions the screens were turned off and folded back to the berth!

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 11th February 2015

This is a summary of several flights I have taken on AIX on the Dubai-Pune-Dubai route. These flights were at a very convenient time during the day. Now they have been shifted to the early hours of the morning which makes it less convenient though still better than driving BOM-PNQ-BOM. All the flights I have taken so far have been smooth and excellent - take-offs landings and en route. Service is generally excellent and they surprisingly serve a small snack with unlimited water. I have invariably requested and obtained emergency exit seats with ample legroom. Toilets are clean again surprisingly but smell a bit. The main thing that needs to be improved is the maintenance of the cabin. The carpets are worn and the leather seats need refurbishing. The interior of these 738 aircraft need a good scrubbing. But other than that AIX does well on this route.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 14th January 2015

Flew from Dubai to Lucknow and back to Dubai. The crew seemed bored and the service was horrible. The table was broken and the meal served was inedible. The toilets were dirty. The seats were uncomfortable which made spending those hours on the aircraft unbearable. Choosing Air India Express was a poor choice in spite of the low cost tag attached to it.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 12th October 2014

Apart from having point to point connection there is nothing else that this airline can offer. I flew from Dubai to Amritsar and back and found this trip rather exhausting and uncomfortable due to the airline service. Being a budget carrier does mean to save costs but its doesn't mean to keep your aircraft's dirty and unhygienic. When I entered the aircraft both the times I felt as I am traveling in one of those public buses which are disposed for public use (to be honest even public buses are well maintained that Air India Express aircraft's) the crew looked angry for no reason it felt as if they were punished to come here and serve us they did not have the decency to speak politely with passengers and just dumped their frustration on us. Food was awful as everything looked stale and had no taste. Since this was the only flight available for me to reach Amritsar I was forced to take it.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 25th March 2014

Booked Dubai-Pune-Dubai in Jan 2014 however had to change the Dubai-Pune leg of the journey. My return journey (Pune-Dubai) was a nightmare. On arriving at the airport in the early hours of the morning I realized that my flight had been delayed for reasons unknown/unannounced to me. Then delayed 40 minutes in the security check line because other domestic flights need to be released earlier. After much delay I arrive at the final gate only to see no information displayed about my flight. Its delayed further. No one at any counter to enquire for any information. Felt relieved when the announcement to board was being made but there was more to come we were made to sit inside the aircraft as the pilots did not have clearance from ATC. It turned out to be for an hour or more until we finally were given clearance to fly. So a trip which I chose on purpose to save time and money did everything else but those two things.

Review by (India) 17th February 2014

Flew Pune to Dubai and back. Flight was on time in both legs. Seat quality could have been improved. No common inflight entertainment too as airline fell short of earphones for passengers so did not distribute any. Snacks were served but were unhealthy (deep fried). Air hostesses had a stern look through the journey. Cost of ticket was very less as compared to full service carriers.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 23rd January 2014

Traveled SHJ-COK-SHJ last month. I have selected this flight because the holiday season started and IX was the cheapest available from UAE to Kochi. After my disastrous trip by Air India last month on the same sector I was not expecting much from IX but I should admit that I was surprised. Nice and clean aircraft with enough legroom polite cabin crew who were attending the passengers with a smile and on time take off and landing was part of the surprise package. And all these were for half the price of the next available airline.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 26th August 2013

DXB-PNQ-DXB. Check in was smooth at DXB T2 and I managed to get 1C. The plane from the inside looked a bit shabby as most AI aircraft somehow do but I was happy for the extra legroom for my 6'3" frame. A very overweight couple took seats 1A and B after smiling sheepishly at me. The man was overflowing into my seat. I saw that 1D was empty and moved over. AIX served a flimsy cardboard box containing a sandwich a small packet of banana chips something fried and inedible and a muffin. Strange assortment but better than nothing and welcome on a low cost carrier. Unlimited water as well. Drinks are chargeable. Flight left about 30 minutes late but arriving into PNQ was a breeze and I was home in 10 minutes after leaving the airport. Check-in in PNQ for the return leg was chaotic as usual and the woman insisted my bags were overweight. I smiled a lot and finally after I removed my laptop from my hand luggage she let me go through and even gave me a reclining exit row seat. The seat bottom was worn out and the metal bar kept poking my rear. When I asked for a blanket (even a used blanket) I was told they had run out of them. I avoided serious long term damage to my tailbone by moving and shifting through the flight. Same food was served on this leg. Overall it was good value for money. But basic maintenance a word missing in India's lexicon could be better. Sitting on metal for 3 hours is no fun.

Review by 7th August 2009

DXB-IXE. Boarded with apprehension but quite pleasantly surprised. Reasonably clean aircraft pleasant crew and food! Not bad for a budget airline and way better than Air India (the so called full service airline). Have flown them a couple of times again on the same sector.