Air India Express

"had a horrible experience"

Not Verified | Dubai to Mumbai. I had a horrible experience travelling on July 4, from Dubai to Mumbai. First of, the flight got delayed by a full 6 hours and reschedule time was notified by email, just 6 hours before departure. This caused inconvenience to me and a lot of other passengers who were traveling ahead. Second, the ground staff was only shouting at passengers at Dubai airport to keep away and no explanation for the delay. In the meantime the flight further delayed by an hour. Apparently the flight did not take off from Mumbai and ground staff refused to check in passengers till it arrived! Finally we boarded after an 8-hour delay with no explanation or apologies from ground staff. They refused my cabin baggage saying the flight is "overbooked" a term I heard for first time in my ten years of international travel. After boarding I was shocked at the condition of aircraft. There was torn seats, no security handouts. I missed my onwards flight as well. This airline is pathetic, I would never ever book with again.
RouteDubai to Mumbai
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Please avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Pune. Airline ticket cost me Rs 5500 only single wa ($80), a very low price. Checkin was on time at Dubai airport, 30kgs baggage allowed + 7 kgs handbag. Snack box water and tea provided in flight. Flight was 60% empty seats as maybe people dont like travelling with this airline. Departure was delayed by 25 minutes from Dubai airport due to traffic congestion. He apologised several times and covered the delay by 20mins on route. Overall we reached 5 minutes late in Pune from our expected time. A/C was turned off inflight in Dubai on ground for 35mins as we sat in our seat and only hot air was blowing. The A/C was turned on as we went in the sky and cooled in next 30mins. Maybe this was to save fuel on ground. Cabin condition was really poor. Seats were old and uncomfortable. Interiors was bad. I was afraid to use the toilet. Please avoid this airline. Looks like this airline needs private management and new systems to improve their condition.
RouteDubai to Pune
Date FlownMay 2018

"second bad experience"

Trip Verified | Me and my wife was travelling through Air India Express flight number XI-251 from Mumbai to Sharjah 21st April, 2018 (Saturday night). Timing for flight was 23:40 (IST) and landing timing at Sharjah airport was 01:25 (Gulf 4:00). We landed at 8:15 at Sharjah airport, almost 7 hours delay. Me and wife had work on Sunday and could not reach our office on time. In fact we took leave for that day, as we reached home around 10:30 post immigration. We lost a day of pay and included Friday and Saturday holiday also as loss without pay. Air India did not even offer for water to any passenger during whole delay. At first, Air India departed around 12:25 from Mumbai airport which was it self 1 hour delayed at departure. After almost 45-50 minutes fly, flight pilot announced that because of low fuel we have to fly back to Mumbai airport. Post announcement almost after 1:10 hrs fly we were back to Mumbai airport around 2:25 IST. We set in flight almost for an hour and many technicians came to check flight and were searching what was exactly error. By that time we all realised that there was some technical error and not related to fuel. Then 3:30 IST they allowed us transfer pass and again we moved to another gate to catch other flight. Some how they could able to manage another flight by 5:55 IST other flight. And finally, flights departed by 7:00 IST and which reached to Sharjah airport around 8:15 (GST 4:00). Really horrible experience we had ever. This was my second bad experience with Air India Express. I strongly recommend not to approach Air India Express at any cost.
RouteMumbai to Sharjah
Date FlownApril 2018

ground staff are so incompetent"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | 11 passengers were not given boarding passes to board the Mumbai – Doha flight leaving on 07/04/18 at 18.05hrs. They were not allowed to board the flight and were put on a flight to Bangalore leaving at 9pm to catch the 03.45am flight on the following day 08/04/18 to Doha by Qatar Airways. The ground staff are so incompetent. It is a high risk to fly with Air India Express. We all need an explanation why this was done but there is no answer from the phone numbers.
RouteMumbai to Doha
Date FlownApril 2018

"Worst airline in my life"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai. Don’t ever book with Air India Express. Worst airline with worst attention and customer service by crew to ground staff and even customer care. Finally they took my whole money to re schedule or cancellation. Worst airline in my life.
RouteDelhi to Dubai

Air India Express customer review

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Madurai to Singapore with my Wife and three kids (Twin infants and toddler). The crew offered no help. Me and my wife were struggling to keep the hand luggage inside the cabin. Luckily one of the passenger after watching all this helped us to keep our luggage inside the cabin. Such a poor experience with Air India express. I dont understand why they have such a helpless and inhumane crew members.
RouteMadurai to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"air conditioning wasn't working"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Chennai. Worst flight, No leg space, worst seats. Nothing is proper. Any other budget airline is still better than Air India Express. This aircraft should have been retired long ago. The seat cushion wasn't any more, windows and seats all were broken, air conditioning wasn't working.
RouteSingapore to Chennai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Never fly Air India Express"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience from Sharjah to Trivandrum with Air India Express IX-536 on 21/12/2017. My flight was scheduled to be at 20.40 hrs from Sharjah but the departure was at 6.30 am next morning. But had a delay of 9 hours and 40 minutes. They keep on rescheduling and keep on sending text messages and we're made to wait for flight. Overall I would say. This flight not at all suitable for emergency and we'll planned trips. Never fly with Air India Express, you're never sure to arrive on time. This is completely unrespectful and not honest at all.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSharjah to Trivandrum
Date FlownDecember 2017

"entire cabin wasn't in good condition"

Trip Verified | Check in was extremely chaotic at both Mumbai to Sharjah. I was only checked in 1hr before departure in spite of arriving 2.5 hrs early at BOM. Air India handles Air India express check in at BOM and they were not helpful at all, more like clueless on how to handle the check in. Was hoping to at least fly on one of the newer planes. Unfortunately, on both sectors (BOM-SHJ & return), I flew on the older ones. Bringing positives in view first: Cabin Crew on both flights surprisingly stood out. All 4 or them were helpful in every way. Always received a "Your Welcome" when I thanked them. Another plus was the small snack box, consisting of juice, few snacks & a water bottle. Tea and coffee service was also done with refills provided, which was really nice. The crew were more than willing to offer one more snack box if requested. The seat was alright. However, coming to the negatives, the entire cabin wasn't in good condition. It gave a very old feeling. The washrooms did not have any lighting inside and it was dark if you had to use it. Overall, I would not recommend to fly with this airline as, they need to improve all areas from start to end to better the passenger experience. The crew are the only people who stand out.
RouteMumbai to Sharjah
Date FlownMay 2017

"Worst airline ever"

Verified Review | Singapore to Chennai. Worst airline ever. Old plane bad seats. Extremely rude staff. Never go for thsi airline price go for expensive one u will regret when u fly from this airline. I will never fly again. Told me to turn off phone even when its on flight mode.
RouteSingapore to Chennai