Air France

"definitely fly Air France again"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Paris CDG to Sao Paulo. Checked in 1 night before and had the luggage already checked in too, a service that Air France offers from 16:30 to 20:30 h the day before the flight. Next morning went straight to X ray and to boarding gate. Boarding was a little confused, had to take a bus to where the aircraft was, bus the bus was full. But let me explain, this is a service of Airport de Paris, nothing related to Air France. Departure was 20 minutes delayed. The Boeing 777-200 aircraft configuration is two classes, no first class, 16 seats in business class. Nice food, really nice beverages, the service is attentive but not insistent. The seat reclines 180°, nice pillow and blankets. Configuration of cabin is 2x3x2. Arrival 10 minutes late. Would definitely fly Air France again.
RouteParis CDG to Sao Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Why won't someone help us"

Verified Review | Manchester to Barcelona via Paris CDG. We are travelling on 12th August 2017. In trying to get a 'golf buggy' organised to help transfer my visually impaired husband from an arrival to a departure is worse than pulling teeth. Air France say it is the responsibility of the airport, and the airport say it is the responsibility of Air France. We just keep getting batted from one to the other. We have one hour to make this connection - not our decision. It is the times we were given when the flights were booked. All they can offer is a wheelchair. This is the worse thing to offer to a visually impaired person. People need to understand the difficulties faced by visually impaired people. I suggest that they do some training in order to understand their needs. Why won't someone just help us out? I just hope that people don't get in the way as we try to reach our connecting flight. We experienced the same two years ago at Frankfurt Airport as the first flight arrived late and we struggled to get through customs in time for our connecting flight. Mind you the compensation they paid out came in useful! But it shouldn't be necessary if someone would just give us some basic help.
RouteManchester to Barcelona via Paris CDG
Date FlownAugust 2017

"definitely fly them again"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Paris CDG in First Class, connecting to Barcelona in Business class. It lived up to expectations and the service was overall excellent. Arrived at LAX and was escorted through security which took about 3 minutes by a member of the dedicated La Premiere staff. AF uses Qantas first class lounge at LAX which was very nice though totally empty at the time departure- food selection was overall very good with great choice of spirits. I was escorted to the aircraft and onboard the service was excellent. The seat is enormous, 4 windows long with a beautiful screen fabric. There were two staff for 4 pax which mean service was very personal with the crew stating they would take excellent care of you. The food out of LAX was very good (dessert the most delicious tart I have ever tasted!) but entrees could have used a bit more imagination and breakfast was a bit weak. Service was superb and the bed was wonderful (slept 6 hours straight) with Krug champagne. On arrival at CDG was personally met and driven to first class lounge. To say the service was good here would be an understatement. The food was spectacular and on par with a Michelin star restaurant. Was then driven to connecting flight where the crew greeted me by name. Return flight was equally as good with food better out of Paris the foie gras risotto was unbelieveable. I was met on arrival and taken through border control and to my onward flight in terminal 7. Overall this was an outstanding product. Only negative I would say is that the service out of Barcelona was weak and luggage took forever in BCN. Would definitely fly them again.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona via Paris

"poor quality of food"

Verified Review | Johannesburg to Paris. The poor quality of food really disappointed us. The food and service of the French airline which would be assumed to be good in food was the worst. We told that flight attendant about a poor cheesecake dish while she was picking up the trays, and she just showed us a surprised face.
RouteJohannesburg to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Uneventful and convenient flight"

Verified Review | Uneventful and convenient flight from Florence to Paris CDG with Air France. The flight was on time, the service is friendly and attentive. A decent snack is included in the price. I have taken Air France quite often in the last years, and I was rarely disappointed. They are among the best European airlines in terms of service and comfort.
RouteFlorence to Paris CDG
Date FlownMay 2017

"no knowledge of nutrition"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Paris to Montreal. Both ways I ordered a gluten free meal and what I got was terrible. This was Paris to Montreal and return Toronto to Paris. Gluten free doesn't mean dairy free, vegetables free, meat free. What I was served was rice + chick peas, rice bread, some combination of black & brown beans - no salad, vegetables cheese or meat. The stewardess on told me that I could complain to the airline company but did not offer me something else. A company that prides itself on gourmet meals and has no knowledge of nutrition should be ashamed.
RouteParis to Montreal

"seat is comfortable"

Verified Review | Bordeaux to Florence via Lyons. Check-in through Air France app. English version available. Easy to check-in on mobile and boarding pass can be stored on Wallets on iPhone/iPod touch. Check-in at airport for luggage drop off is easy. Boarding is really slow. Only one person at the counter and no announcement is made and not even in English. The queue to board the aircraft is long too. Flight attendant is friendly. For a short haul flight went around with light snacks and beverages. Leather seat is comfortable with sufficient leg room. No USB charging port on both sectors. However, its bilingual (English and French) inflight magazine, Magazine, is thick enough to keep passengers occupied/entertained. Flight from Lyon to Florence is on an ATR-72. Even operated by HOP!, a subsidiary of Air France, the two cabin crew has the sweetest smile compared to Air France cabin crew.
AircraftATR-72
RouteBordeaux to Florence via Lyons
Date FlownJune 2017

"beautiful new cabin"

Verified Review | Great flight from London to Paris. Brand new Boeing 787 aircraft with the very comfortable and beautiful new cabin from Air France. Very short flight (only 45 mins) so the friendly flight attendant only served a croissant and hot beverages. The flight departed on time and the journey was very pleasant. Will definitely fly again with Air France.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownJune 2017

"a pleasant flight"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Paris to Rome. I have recently been flying with Air France in Europe on a relatively regular basis, and I am so far very satisfied of the service offered. On my recent flight from Paris to Rome I was offered complimentary newspaper in the terminal waiting area, a wet serviette upon boarding and a sandwich, wine and tea/coffee during the flight. The crew spoke French, Italian and English and the captain was very talkative and mentioned cities and sights we overflew. All in all, a very friendly crew and a pleasant flight compared to the usual dreary experience in European short-haul economy.
RouteParis to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2017

"best first class experience ever"

Verified Review | Dublin to Singapore via CDG return with Air France. Great service on the business class leg from Dublin to Paris. The La Première (first class) leg from Paris CDG to Singapore was impeccable. Greeted as I left the plane in CDG and taken by limousine to the First class lounge. The hostess was very attentive and friendly. Great food and quiet place to wait for the flight. Taken by limousine again to board the first class cabin. Service on board top notch. The stewardess could anticipate what I needed and I never needed to ask for anything. Excellent seat and a curtain to give more privacy if needed. Greeted on arrival in Singapore my luggage was already waiting when I cleared immigration. Return flight equally top class. Access into the exclusive Jetquay lounge in the CIP terminal in Changi Airport. All details taken care off and able to clear immigration at this terminal before taken on a buggy to board the plane. Again service on board was perfect. Only small things need some improvement. Service on the ground in Dublin was nowhere near the La Première expérience in CDG and Changi. Lounge in Dublin quite poor. Not even greeted with eye contact when I got into the lounge in Dublin. Poor choice of food. On the return leg it took nearly an hour for my luggage to be delivered in Dublin. The jetquay lounge in Changi was impressive but the food selection not that great. In summary La Première with Air France is the best first class experience I have ever had. Air France is certainly able to deliver a truly amazing First class experience. If I wanted to be critical the only thing I can say is the menu could include local Singaporean dishes such as satay and nasi lemak. WiFi was available on the CDG to Singapore leg but not on the return flight.
Cabin FlownFirst Class