Top 100 Airports

Air France

"no hot meals or snack"

Verified Review | Flew Air France from New York JFK to Dubai via Paris CDG. Check in and departure was on time. On board, we we were served a cold chicken pasta salad. Surprisingly, there was no hot meals or snack. The cabin was clean and the crew were pleasant. The inflight entertainment was adequate. There was no snacks in between flights from NY to Dubai. From Paris to Dubai we were served a cold chicken salad again. The seats were tight. There was was little room for adjusting the seats. My knees were touching the seat in front.
RouteJFK to DXB via CDG
Date FlownAugust 2016

"seating (10 abreast) is very tight"

I was rather disappointed in this fight. If the quality of the food is alright, the quantity is not acceptable for an 11-hour flight from Paris to Antananarivo: we were barely given one "real" meal, and the other one was a simple snack. I have had more food in 5 hour-flights in companies that are ranked lower. The seat comfort is not okay, there is a very high density aircraft on this successful route, with over 400 passengers which means seating (10 abreast) is very tight. For the staff: some were smiling and warm, while others were nearly scornful. The good surprise is the IFE which offers one of the widest selection of music and movies.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteCDG to TNR
Date FlownAugust 2016

"no more Air France if possible"

Amsterdam to Cairo via Paris. Outbound flights were ok, the aircraft are ok, quite clean. The food is ok although nothing special. Flights were in time. The inbound flight back home had a delay in Cairo so I would miss my connecting flight to Amsterdam at 12.40. Although there was a flight from Paris to Amsterdam at 14.40, Air France refused to put me on this flight even having seats available. The only option offered was 16.40, a four hour delay. The only explanation I got was: the available seats on the 14.40 flight are not in your class. For me, this was unbelievable, Air France had a delay, there were seats available on the next connecting flight but they simply refused to offer me one of these seats. For me, no more Air France if possible.
AircraftA330 / A319
RouteAMS to CAI via CDG
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"not book AF for long-haul again"

Verified Review | Mumbai to Paris with Air France. Friendly staff, comfy seat - I had a good sleep though it was an older angle-lie-flat seat. 2x2x2 configuration is so out. Fortunately I could catch a middle row seat - after discussion because they had deleted my seat reservation I made during web check-in. Why ask your passengers to reserve seats and ignore the reservation? Catering service was horrible. Just a tray with all dinner courses together landed at my table. No offer of different wines between the courses. Absolutely no exclusivity of service. Still satisfying flight. I would not book AF for long-haul again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBOM to CDG
Date FlownAugust 2016

"still very satisfied with Air France"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Hong Kong via Paris CDG. Still very satisfied with Air France service in general. Extremely convenient Check In through mobile App. Paid 52 Euros to get more leg room and in fact I traveled comfortably in the first row. To this respect it must be underlined the coherent seat class policy of AF; other airlines charge a Premium Economy fare for a seat in Economy class first row (or Emergency Exits seats) while Air France has a dedicated cabin space for Premium Economy customers and charges a reasonable surcharge to let one seat at front economy row. Smooth and swift connection at Paris CDG, kind cabin crews, clean aircraft, nice entertainment programs. This time food was not as good as in previous flight, however upon check in one can choose among different menus which is a service I will definitely try next time.
RouteBCN to HKG via CDG
Date FlownAugust 2016

"one of the most uncomfortable"

Flew Washington Dulles to Dublin via Paris CDG. I was looking forward to flying Air France instead of a US carrier because the service is typically superior. I was totally wrong in this case. The seat was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever been in, the flight attendants were almost frantic and very frazzled the entire flight and the food was hands down, the worst I have had on a flight. First of all, we didn't get a drink service to start. Only drink we could get was with dinner. I chose the chicken with baby vegetables. I had two pieces of carrot. So, basically my meal was orzo, bread and potatoes with a little chicken. To add insult to injury, the cheese they serve is "Brie-like pasteurized cheese". Horrible.
RouteIAD to DUB via CDG
Date FlownAugust 2016

"enjoyed all four flights"

Manchester to Mauritius via Paris. As this trip was for a special occasion, we booked our flights and seats almost a year ahead. We selected Air France because of the convenient times. We only checked the online reviews after our booking and the poor feedback was a big cause for concern in the run up to our holiday. We actually enjoyed all four flights (Manchester to Mauritius via CDG). Yes, the configuration of the business class on the 777 is now a bit old fashioned (2-3-2) but there are other airlines who still have a similar layout. The seat converted to a near flat bed and we managed to get a long and comfortable sleep. The service was excellent and the food was the best we have had on any long-haul flight over the last few years. We had all our pre-agreed seat allocations but on three of the four flights we did overhear that others had been moved, with some families being separated. We were also really happy with the facilities, food and service at the lounge at CDG Terminal 2E – made a 6 hour stopover bearable.
RouteMAN to MRU via CDG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"experience was exceptional"

I flew Air France from Toulouse to New-York Via Paris Charles de Gaulle. The plane from Paris to New york (A380) was comfortable, but already getting old. The in-flight entertainment had a large range of selection, which I was satisfied with. The staff was very helpful. On the way back, I flew on a very new 777-300er. The experience was exceptional. The Personal TVs were large and very reactive. The choice was even bigger. The staff was a bit less welcoming but still did their job. The food was okay on both ways. The staff on the ground was quite helpful.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777-300er
RouteTLS to JFK via CDG
Date FlownAugust 2016

"lost our luggage in Dublin"

Verified Review | Dublin to Zürich via Paris CDG. Flight was ok, but in Paris the transfer distance was too long, we arrived at the gate for our following flight at the "departure time". But that wasn't the worst. They lost our luggage in Dublin, so they should send it later. But they sent it to Italy and we live in Switzerland. As we tried to get in contact with Air France noone picked up the phone nor did they answer to E-Mails yet. The homepage which should help people to get in touch with the support didn't work properly.
RouteDUB to ZRH via CDG
Date FlownAugust 2016

"we were left standing alone"

Verified Review | The flight to Paris was uneventful. Halfway through my vacation they announced yet another strike. However they assured me the long haul flights would not be interrupted. Such was not the case. First we waited to board, then halfway through the taxi we returned to the gate for technical reasons. We all deboarded and were told we'd be on another plane within 20 minutes. Over an hour later we were put on busses and driven to a point 15 minutes away where we climbed a flight of stairs to stand in a hot tunnel at the open door of a plane. We were then told that the crew would be in overtime if we left at that time. In other words were were not permitted to get on the plane. Everyone had to turn around and wait at the door for busses to come back to take us back to the terminal which took another half hour. We were taken back to the terminal and told to go back to ticketing where we were left standing alone for half an hour before they decided what to do and opened several counters. We were then told to go out and get in a bus to go to a hotel 10 miles away. There was no dinner voucher. We had started boarding slightly after six. By this time it is now past 23hr and no one had eaten. I took a cab on my own dime. I am now at the hotel and am supposed to be picked up at 10 to be taken back to the hotel. I will never fly Air France again.
Cabin FlownFirst Class