Top 100 Airlines

Air France

"IFE old, low resolution"

Verified Review | Delhi to Birmingham via Paris with Air France. The whole flight felt like something from the late 1990's. The inflight entertainment was poor, the food disgusting, and while the cabin crew were professional and friendly they did the bare minimum throughout the flight. I cannot adequately describe how awful the food was, a hot sandwich sounded fine but was something like heated cabbage and carrots in a stale bread roll. The breakfast was slightly more edible but the yoghurt with the texture of cottage cheese was not. The inflight entertainment is old and low resolution with a below average selection of tv and films. The general approach from cabin crew was absolutely fine although there was no effort to check on or provide any service between meals. Most competitors these days will come through the cabin during the night with cold drinks and many also offers snacks like ice creams etc. The seats felt old and while were fine on first sitting down, became very uncomfortable as the 10hr flight went on. Considering it was quite an expensive flight I felt very let down and wish I had gone for the slightly worse flight times with Emirates as I know I would have had a far better flight.
RouteDEL to BHX via CDG

"completely uncomfortable"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | Istanbul to San Francisco via Paris and return with Air France. It was the worst flight experience for me. Food was poor and meal quantity was also poor for such a long trip. It was completely uncomfortable and the planes are old. Only choice was ham at breakfast (San Francisco to Paris) and of course my luggage was stuck in Paris when I arrived to Istanbul. No surprise at all.
RouteIST to SFO via CDG
Date FlownMay 2016

"okay for a short flight"

(Bulgaria)

Verified Review | I flew Air France economy class on the A320 from Sofia to Paris in September 2015. The seat was uncomfortable and I did not find the flight attendants helpful. The food did not offer a choice, only one thing. But it was still okay for a short flight.
RouteSOF to CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"A380 inside looked old"

Verified Review | Paris to San Francisco. The check-in at CDG was horrible with very long queue. The A380 inside looked old, and the door of one of the toilet did not close and a bad smell came. We said that to the cabin crew but instead of closing the toilet they just sprayed some deodorant! Food was of very low quality. Very expensive airline for low quality service.
RouteCDG to SFO

"typical AF experience"

Verified Review | Paris Charles de Gaulle to Geneva. Public transport strike in Paris, so getting to the airport is frequently an issue. Checkin and security are fine. Terminal 2F at CDG is cramped with poor facilities. The aircraft developed a problem so gate change to a spare aircraft. Delay of 45 minutes. No boarding announcements, so 1 missed the single bus to the aircraft on the apron and had to wait 20 minutes for the same bus to offload and circle back to the gate to collect remaining passengers. At a major hub airport this is absolutely shambolic flight services management. Further apron delay. Cabin service was standard, with poor food. Typical AF experience.
RouteCDG to GVA

"berated me loudly"

Verified Review | Johannesburg to Paris with Air France. My 3 year old son dropped a few pieces of plastic wrapping on the floor below his feet (not in the aisle) - hard to avoid given that everything is wrapped in plastic and no one walked along the aisle to collect it. A little later, when he was sleeping on my lap, a member of staff berated me loudly, repeatedly and rudely over the presence of plastic on the floor. She then brought a bag and asked me to clear up the plastic immediately, even though to do so would obviously have woken my son (this was around 10pm on a night flight), who would undoubtedly have cried and disturbed other passengers far more than a little clear plastic in our seating area! I was shocked at how rude she was, and how lacking in understanding of the difficulties of travelling with young children. This did not make for a pleasant or relaxed atmosphere on the flight. In addition, we ordered vegetarian meals and were given a yoghurt that contained gelatine.
RouteJNB to CDG

"family unfriendly"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Paris CDG return with our 2-year old toddler. I can't believe this is the national airline of the one of the proudest nations in the world with a highly developed economy. Everything felt cheap, tardy and a laisseur-faire attitude was too much to bear. Positives - good food and drinks selection, friendly crew and the economy section of the upper deck A380 was quiet and pleasant. Negatives - very family unfriendly not possible to check in online and select seats if you are traveling with children unless selections were paid for, distasteful and crude IFE interface with VHS-quality videos, patronizing ground staff, signs of cost-cutting everywhere.
RouteHKG to CDG

"didn't have any issues"

Flew Berlin Tegel to Paris CDG and return and both flights were great. Mobile check-in worked well and I didn't have any issues. On the flight to CDG everything was fine, departed and arrived on time. The plane was very old, there even were ashtrays but nonetheless the seats were comfortable for a 1.5 hour flight. The flight attendants were very friendly. On the return flight I was surprised how slow the ground staff were, we nearly weren't able to check our bags because there was a long queue and it took a long time to check everyone's bags. We started later than planned but arrived on time in TXL. Air France selected seats with extra legroom for us although we haven't paid for it, what a nice gesture. I would recommend this airline.
RouteTXL to CDG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"economy seats in business class"

(China)

Air France, Warsaw Chopin - Paris CDG on Feb 23rd, seat 2F. Got an upgrade offer at reasonable price and used it. Express and courteous check in by a well mannered business class agent, then visit to my favorite lounge. It excels in hot/cold food offer as well as drinks, even before 6am. On time boarding and arrival. It is a pity that AF is offering standard economy seats in business class. The only enhancement is adjustable armrest, which can me moved to a side, thus creating a bit wider space. Cold breakfast served, literally cold like out of freezer. Pre-packed bread was also cold and very hard. I would never pay full business class fare for a flight with that kind of seat configuration.
RouteWAW to CDG
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"Twitter best way to contact Air France"

Verified Review | Had a bit of issue with my original flight with Air France from Amsterdam to Shanghai via Paris, so I had to pay additional fee to be rebooked to another flight 4 days later than my original travel plan, out of London. I was sold a flight that I couldn't use given that I wasn't aware that to change flight within Schengen countries that I would need a visa on my Chinese passport! Although it is passenger's responsibility to verify travel documents requirements, it would be helpful if airlines remind their passengers such requirements! I paid for a business class upgrade and that was gone too. So I was 4 days behind my travel plan and £370 upgrade gone and I had to pay another £240 to rebook my flight! The AF UK helpline staff were defensive on the phone and the first one I spoke to told me that I needed to pay for a whole new ticket!I had to use Twitter to get a sensible solution to my problem rather than speak to someone on the phone. At my departure date, when I got to Heathrow check-in desk, staff were just going through the motions. I couldn't check-in online on my 're-booked' flight, so I couldn't chose my seat and was given a seat that I wasn't happy with and again had to use twitter. it seems that Twitter is the best way to contact Air France when you have issues. AF twitter account changed my seat for the CDG to PVD flight before my London to Paris flight took off. The transfer time in Paris was a bit tight. When my flight from London touched down, it was already boarding time for the PVG flight and I had to rush to catch the connection flight. They had changed my seat to be next to a mother and her young daughter. I like kids in general but it was clear that they needed all 3 seats and luckily there were 4 empty seats in a nearby row and I moved there. I didn't understand why AF couldn't give me that seat in the first place. The service was minimal, I wasn't expecting much for economy but it was very basic.
RouteLHR to PVG via CDG