Air France

"Pretty good overall"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying Air France and I was travelling from Singapore to London via Paris. Leg room was adequate, plane was clean and comfy. Nothing much to complain about apart from the 1-2 stewardesses who were slightly snobbish. Food was surprisingly good. And please request for the hot chocolate, from the outside it looks kinda diluted but it was one of the best hot chocolates I've ever had! Pretty good overall. I don't mind flying Air France again.
RouteSingapore to London via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"satisfied with their service"

Dubai to Paris. First time with Air France. Overall I’m satisfied with their service, seats are slightly smaller but comfortable. Crew were friendly on both flights. All were on time and arrive ahead of schedule. Food was delicious however portion was small for a 7 hours flight however it’s not my concern much. Entertainment is ok some Arabic options and sitcoms and latest movies. Plane looked clean and new. Nice airline for future flights.
RouteDubai to Paris
Date FlownMay 2018

"it's just not acceptable"

Trip Verified | This was awful, a rip-off €1600 of awfulness for a business class return ticket CDG-TLV-CDG. A rip-off because business class from CDG to Tel Aviv is an economy seat with an empty seat next to you. You might get away with that on a short hop within the EU, but on a 4+ hr trip, at this price, it's just not acceptable. It was an overnight flight, and I just assumed, as with the BA flight to TLV, there would be a flat bed. So, it was my fault for not checking. I got an economy seat that barely reclines, perhaps 4-5cm. Needless to say I didn't sleep much. And, in search of another way to get more enraged I checked the price of a flexible economy ticket for the same trip the next day. It was €700 for a flexible ticket. So I've paid not far short of €1000 extra to sit in the same seat as everyone else but closer to the toilets. Great. Merci beaucoup.
RouteParis CDG to Tel Aviv

"incredibly awful experience"

Trip Verified | Paris to Zurich. It was an incredibly awful experience to fly with Air France. I brought a carry on size baggage for economics class. When I went through security check, I wanted to take the liquid out. Then the guy who was there stopped me and weighed my baggage. It was 13 kg( the economics class regulation for carry on is 12 kg). So he forced me to check in this one and buy extra baggage for 40 Euros. I was disappointed for the slightly difference which i didn't plan but I chose to respect the rules of Air France. However, what did I get back? I paid money for checkin baggage but didn't get the same respect! When I got the baggage, I notice, it was damaged. Air France took the money but didn't responsible and respect the customer who obtained the rules. It is sad. I asked for refund 120 Euros. They haven't get back to me yet.
RouteParis to Zurich

"very hard to sleep"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to New York JFK. Never ever I will choose Air France's A380 unless they change their business class seats. The seats on A380 can not change to a 180 degree flat bed. It has a very weird angle. I don't know how to describe it, but it is very hard to sleep. You will feel yourself slowly sliding down. Did not like it at all. Next time I will choose their B777-300 for the trip. They updated business class seats on that plane. Service are fine, but I didn't feel like sitting in business class. Maybe too many people on A380, the service quality is lower than other plane. I flew B777-300 to Paris, I felt good about the service and plane, but not with the A380. Food for Air France is very good. That's the some good credit for them.
RouteParis CDG to New York JFK
Date FlownApril 2018

"choose a different airline"

Trip Verified | London to Male via Paris CDG. Arrived in the Maldives for a trip to paradise. Air France have managed to lose both suitcases. We are left to holiday with the clothes on our back. No representatives at the airport to meet us, offer compensation and discuss strategy for returning the baggage. I don't expect a reply from Air France, I have sent 2 messages directly to them already and no one has had the decency to reply. My advise never use Air France. We were one couple who suffered this fate. The flight from CDG managed to lose the baggage of at least 10 others. After 12 messages via social media we finally had a reply - we were even promised an upgrade for our return journey home - the bags finally arrived at our resorts 4 days after us. Checked-in for the flight home and at 1am received a text message informing me the CDG to LHR flight was cancelled and we "invite you to modify your trip online". This was impossible. At Male no upgrade given, the rudest individual I have ever met who is working in 'hospitality' and simply sent to Paris CDG with no onward travel plans. On landing at CDG 3 hours of queuing before seen by a member of staff and rerouted home the next morning (many others having to wait 2 days or travel or travel via Edinburgh for LHR). Since then have started claim against them for expenses - no one answers phone and simply hangs up - no one answers via social media - no one answers via message board - this week I have called 5 times and sent another 6 messages and still nothing. Simple advice - choose a different airline
RouteLondon to Male via Paris CDG
Date FlownApril 2018

"they won’t compensate me"

Trip Verified | Never flown with Air France before, probably won’t ever again. I gave them my bag, they returned it damaged beyond repair, but they won’t compensate me. I really am a bit grumpy. The amazing thing here is that AF are telling me that I should have submitted a damage report when I collected the bag at Vienna Airport. Well guess what? The bag wasn’t delivered to Vienna because they lost it as well! When AF found the lost bag and delivered it to me a day or two later, damaged (beyond repair), I was three hour’s drive from the airport, up in the Austrian Alps, nowhere near a luggage damage report counter. So I could not provide the report they have requested. I did provide AF with a photo of the damaged bag, an email from a repairer stating that the bag is damaged beyond repair, and details of a very modestly priced, suitable replacement bag. AF’s email to me states: “Having reinvestigated your claim, I am afraid we cannot constructively add to our previous correspondence.” “Please be assured that we will never deny compensation to a passenger in situations where it's awarding is applicable.” Rubbish. It appears to me that the standard AF response to luggage damage claims is to deny them without even looking at the facts.
RouteParis to Vienna
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Bureaucracy over flexibility"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Paris. Ground staff incompetent, rigid and impolite. Bureaucracy over flexibility and kindness when dealing with clients. National airline with on point to point flights offer a worse service than low-cost carriers.
RouteMilan to Paris
Date FlownApril 2018

"like I had a fake Passport"

Trip Verified | Paris to Washington DC in November 2017. This was the worst trip of my life and I fly about 5 times a year. After checking and going thru customs, the gate agent told me that “I was told dark in my passport picture” then later was telling his colleague in front of me that he thinks that I tampered with my Passport picture. I was so embarrassed as I was held at the gate for 30 minutes while all the passengers were looking at me like I had a fake Passport.
RouteParis to Washington DC
Date FlownNovember 2017

"polite, friendly, but perfunctory"

(Sierra Leone)

Trip Verified | Flew Air France from Freetown to Tokyo via Paris. My outbound trip was in economy class, and the return was in Premium Economy, this upgrade cost just $300, but I don't think I would pay much more for Premium Economy on Air France as the difference between the two classes was negligible. All flights departed on time, and the service was generally fine - polite, friendly, but perfunctory. Once the meals have been served, the crew disappear and you seldom see them. At least snacks and drinks are left out in the galley for self-service. IFE was good - an interesting selection of movies, including some new releases. I found the Premium Economy seats uncomfortable - in fact, I think I prefer Economy seats because you could actually recline them; the Premium seats only slid forward, and I found them very uncomfortable for sleeping, however the legroom was better than Economy. I really dislike the wastage of Air France - with exception of the meal tray, nothing is reused - all dishes, containers and utensils are disposable, and so the staff come around at the end of the meal and chuck everything in the bin. This does not seem to be a very 'chic' end to a meal!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy