Air France

"service was impeccable"

Verified Review | Flight operated by Cityjet for Air France from Dublin to Paris CDG. Outbound generally OK though lounge lacks decent food to eat. On board good service but they served ham with no other option. Cabin crew were great though and tried to give me something else to eat. Return flight from Paris with chaotic boarding. I wonder why have priority boarding if you are just going to pack all of us in like sardines into a shuttle bus to get on the plane. Defeats the purpose of paying more for business class and having priority boarding. Lounge in terminal 2E was horrible. Hardly anything substantial to eat, not even bits of sandwiches! I did notice some pot noodles (in a business class lounge) and a passenger having to get information as to where to get hot water! On board though the service was impeccable. This time they had prawns and lovely orange juice and coffee. My luggage was also delivered very quickly at Dublin airport.
RouteDublin to Paris CDG
Date FlownOctober 2017

"ignore you wherever possible"

Verified Review | Bengaluru to Toronto return via Paris. The crew will ignore you wherever possible, and courtesy levels will be zero. I have not had any issues during any of my 4 flights, this is just based on observance. The food quality is pathetic with few options to choose from. Most of the times the captain of the fligth just make annoucements in french and forgot to repeat it in english. When I pressed the call-the-staff button in the middle of the night for water, it stayed pressed during the whole flight and no one bothered to come over. When I went myself to take the water they informed that we are entering turbulence and if i need something i should just press the button.
RouteBengaluru to Toronto via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"attendants attentive and friendly"

Verified Review | I flew with Air France from London to Bangkok via Paris Charles de Gaulle, I enjoyed both flights. Boarding was fast, flight attendants were attentive and friendly, good inflight entertainment and the food was quite nice compared to other airlines. I do travel very often and Air France is one of the best airline in Europe. Looking forward to fly with them again soon.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Paris
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Boarding was an absolute mess"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Paris to Marseille. Boarding was an absolute mess, with a rarely seen level of stress. Two Air France aircrafts at the same gate (F29), one to Florence supposed to leave 30 mn before the Marseille one, leaving therefore 10 mn to board to the second one. Unfortunately first boarding was delayed (due to staff at gate, a staff much more interested in preventing big cabin luggage than to speed up boarding process). Therefore stress started to grow between passengers of the second flight. It seems that staff at gate was unprepared, even after the obvious delays. They remained smiling, behind their desk, not helping the lady to security check. On board nothing important. Pilot succeeded is reducing delay on arrival.
RouteParis to Marseille
Date FlownOctober 2017

"my worst flight experience"

Verified Review | Cairo to Amsterdam via Paris. I had possibly my worst flight experience. At Cairo airport , the scheduled flight was boarded to depart 40 minutes past midnight. After sitting on the plane for approx. 90 minutes, announcement was made to disembark (I would add the flight had already pulled away from the gate and then returned). Anyone who has ever been to Cairo airport knows that communication is not easy in the best circumstances and no fluent English speaking staff were available. Okay, move on through security and airport terminals to locate Air France / KLM ticketing to receive new flight details and if necessary hotel accommodation. During almost 8 hours in a queue to achieve this, passengers were not given any refreshments. There was nowhere to buy anything, not even a machine. All passengers were told not to leave the queue and the reason it took nearly 8 hours for me and my travelling companion to be rerouted was because on average it took 15 minutes for every passenger to receive new tickets and where necessary a voucher. This was a debacle, no order, people pushing in airline staff running around doing nothing to help passengers but much shouting in Arabic. Naturally the connecting flight had to be rescheduled. After 10 or so hours we reached a nearby hotel and were at last able to get something to eat and a much needed sleep.
RouteCairo to Amsterdam via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"decision to no longer fly with them"

(Guadeloupe)

Verified Review | Point-a-Pitre to Marseille via Paris in 2016. This last time made me take the decision to no longer fly with them. After leaving more than 1h late from PTP we arrived in Paris when my connecting flight to Marseille already left. When I talk to the assistance (very rude) they made me feel like it was my fault if I missed the next flight and that they were making me a favor to put me on another flight - 5 hours later! Knowing that there was space on a flight earlier than that. When I asked for it, they told me "not possible"! They prioritised other passengers from another airline (which was also late). No food/beverages vouchers offered. The flight back was ok, but flight attendants were talking in front of passengers in a very casual way. Better customer service and passenger friendly, caring staff is what they are missing.
RoutePoint-a-Pitre to Marseille via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2016

"let down by ground staff"

Verified Review | I needed to change my return return flight Nice to Paris and AF at Orly told me to do it in Nice after my arrival. After queuing for over 20 minutes at the Customer Service counter, I was rudely asked 'don't you know there's no ticket office at Nice any more?'. When I replied that I had been advised to reticket here by Air France at Orly, I was asked contemptuously 'Well what do you think my job would be if I we reissued tickets here? I'd have a line of people and nothing else to do all day'. Air France poor culture of customer service never ceases to amaze me. Unfortunately I have no choice but to use them because they have a monopoly, but the airline is a disgrace. Always let down by ground staff. If I could give 0 stars in this category I would.
RouteParis to Nice
Date FlownOctober 2017

"everything I need is in my suitcase"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Bangkok via Paris. Very disappointed. After the flight from Amsterdam was delayed for 1h30m, we took off to Paris to transfer to the Air France flight to Bangkok, I had to run my ass off to make it just in time for boarding. Once in the plane there was a guy next to me taking up half my chair and half on the other side, cos of his huge size. After 12 painful hours I arrived in Bangkok. But my suitcase did not. It should have arrived today, but now they say it will probably be tomorrow. My holiday is on a hold right now because everything I need is in my suitcase, also this forces me to buy clothes and other things I need in daily life. There was no choice in meals. In flight entertainment seemed like it came from the stone age. And poor service on board.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Great flights all round"

Verified Review | London to Paris return. No luggage and checked in online so did not experience checking at the airport. Outbound flight was a Boeing 787 so boarding took some time. Onboard seat comfort was very good as was legroom. This aircraft operates as a long haul product and I would have no issues in recommending it for a flight of this duration. Once at Paris deplaning took some time but otherwise fine. Return flight was on an A318. Online checkin again so very simple and straight forward. Not an AF issue but worthy of a mention is the lack of restaurants in CDG terminal 2E so something to bear in mind. Return flight left on time and again the seat was very comfortable and an enjoyable experience. Both flights offered a drink and quick snack which was great. Based on my experience I would choose them as a preference over BA and Lufthansa. Great flights all round.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A318
RouteLondon Heathrow to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"my luggage never arrived"

Verified Review | I am extremely disappointed in the service I received. I flew from Paris to London on Monday, however my luggage never arrived. I immediately reported it (got my file reference) at the counter where they told me my bag would be on the next flight, and I'll have my bag the following day. Now it is 4 days later I have followed up with numerous phone calls and filled in additional forms online with absolutely no response from the airline. My luggage have still not been found.
RouteParis CDG to London