Air France

"cabin staff were much better"

Trip Verified | London to Paris. Check in was awful, 1 or 2 of our bags were overweight and we had 3 bags in total. We said that since it would be logical to still allow it since the total baggage weight would still equal to less than 4 bags, at first, the supervisor refused, but then after some convincing, he put our bags on, but refused to print boarding passes, luckily I had them on my Wallet app. I reached out to social media about this, they apologized and later got 3 $50 Delta Choice Selection as an apology. We boarded in a 787-9 which is very young, and the cabin staff were much better, there was IFE on this 35 Minute flight. Once airborne they served a pack of 2 Cookies and drinks too, after that we landed. WIFI is available but you have to pay for it.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownJune 2017

"we were involuntarily downgraded"

Trip Verified | Papeete to Los Angeles. We paid USD 6998 for 2 Business Class (Z) tickets, but due to industrial trouble at Air France, it was subcontracted to HiFly and we were involuntarily downgraded to Economy class. This was in 2 middle seats; but not together! We have received 2 measly vouchers worth €450 to compensate. I cannot imagine ever flying Air France again after this experience, so the value of the vouchers is rather moot.
RoutePapeete to Los Angeles

"what a shame"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | I was supposed to go from Madrid to Jakarta on business class on November 9. In Madrid I got my boarding pass up to Jakarta. My flight from Madrid to Paris was AF 1801 on November 9. This flight arrived late, it landed at 20.15 approximately. I did inform the cabin crew that I had an AF transfer to Singapore, they said that operations were informed and there would be no problem. I rushed to gate K30, and I arrived at 20.30 approximately. So 20 minutes before departure. I was told that I was too late. I said that I was in time, that the AF plane from Madrid was late, that they knew about it, that the plane was still at the boarding gate. The only reply I got was that there were procedures. This of course is totally unacceptable. Why an AF plane cannot wait 10 minutes a passenger who is slightly late because the incoming flight, also from AF, is slightly late? With already a boarding pass. Is this an AF procedure? To disregard information showing that a passenger will be slightly delayed due to well documented late arrival? I took the same flight the following day and the last passenger boarded after 20.45. Did the procedures change? I also just want to mention that I was offered a night in a hotel of medium category in a totally lost area. No compensation whatsoever was offered. I of course had no clothing to change and also not any warm cloth. I also had no opportunity to buy it. Even if this is not a reason for a different treatment, I will mention that I was travelling business class and that I am a gold frequent flyer with AF. And that I never saw anything similar in all my life. What a shame!
RouteMadrid to Jakarta via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2017

"don't care about your baggage"

(Bulgaria)

Verified Review | Paris to Sofia. As a person who is travelling a lot I don't recommend Air France. They don't care about your baggage. I received my suitcase ripped. I asked for compensation but their policy is so complicated so I gave up. They ask for so many things to be provided that I will lose so much time.
RouteParis to Sofia
Date FlownOctober 2017

"no one would even help us"

Verified Review | We were late leaving Barcelona to France but we were not asked if we had a connection, other customers were and moved so they could get off first. They only had about 6 officers in passport control out of around 300 people waiting. Boarding the bus to the terminal for our connecting flight the bus stopped and waited, there was no one. We missed our flight and no one would even help us, we were led in a mouse maze where the employees were rude and wouldn't give us a hotel. I will never recommend Air France to anyone.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Economy seat was comfortable"

Verified Review | I did enjoy very much flying with Air France from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport to Vancouver. The aircraft looked new and the cabin was clean. Economy seat was comfortable and the entertainment screen was pretty big compared to other airlines. Food was good and a large choice of beverages were offered. Cabin crews were friendly and professional. It was a very pleasant flying with Air France.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteParis to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2017

"one of European best airline"

Verified Review | Hamburg to Bangkok via Paris CDG. HAM-CDG on Inter-European route nothing expected but was pretty surprise. Flight on time but information with apologize from captain that due to European air traffic control the flight to Paris would be 30 minutes longer and the express transfers were arranged by AF at CDG for those passengers with short transit.Service on Board a tasty croissant stuffed with cheese with complimentary wine! After arrival at CDG I saw AF Ground staff at the aircraft’s gate with the “short transit” poster. It seemed that AF had arranged the express transit assistance. CDG-BKK boarding a bit chaotic because there was no priority boarding for those passengers who sat at aft zone of aircraft and everyone wanted to board the aircraft accordingly. Therefore the aircraft gangway were blocked by passengers who seated at the front zone putting their handbags into the overhead bins. Cabin-Crews were aged but very friendly and professional, helping passenger putting their handbags into the bins to avoid the traffic jam at gangway. Flight full on Boeing 777-300 with cramped 10seats / row therefore nothing to say about the seat comfort except the small footrest. AF is one of the few airlines which provides the seat footrest for Y passengers. Flight 30 minutes delay (due to chaotic boarding?) After taken off a hot towel was given followed by beverage service with nuts. 1 hour later hot tasty dinner was served with red wine in mini bottle and other good selection of drinks. After dinner most of FAs were gone and only one FA was on duty at each galley but self-service bar with soft drinks and ice cube was open throughout the flight. Excellent IFE with wide selection of music and movies in a variety of languages but limited new movies were available. During the rest time ice cream was served by the 2 FAs who were on duty. 2 hours before landing hot towel is given and hot tasty breakfast (with no choice) was served. All in all a good experience and great value for money. I can confirm that AF is a 4 stars airline and one of European best airline in Y Class. l will definitively fly with AF again
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteHamburg to Bangkok via Paris CDG
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cabin crews were helpful and friendly"

Verified Review | I’ve had a very good experience flying with Air France, during this very short flight from London to Paris (40 mins flight). Flight departed on time, cabin crews were helpful and friendly, aircraft was very clean and new. Pain au chocolat and hot beverage served for breakfast. Totally recommend flying Air France.
RouteLondon to Paris

"Staff offered no help"

Verified Review | Madrid to Paris. A few days before the flight, when I tried to check in online, I realised my tickets had "0 pieces of luggage" included. I went to check in at the airport and my suitcase was only 14 kgs but I had to pay 40EUR and my credit card didn't work. Staff at the counter offered no help or support. The Air France staff at the Madrid Airport was just bad people to tell it like it is.
RouteMadrid to Paris

"I was expecting more"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Air France, Paris to Johannesburg - A380. To be honest I was expecting more, not much more but more. The bed (seat) does not go flat, almost but not completely flat, taking into consideration that it is an A380 and this is Air France I was disappointed. The plane took off and I had started to sleep, however the staff started changing peoples seats, upgrading other passengers and re-allocating people. The service was ok, but nothing out of this world. In the end a normal flight, not the experience that you are expecting from Air France on a long haul flight.
RouteParis to Johannesburg