Vote Now

Air France

"service was extraordinary"

Unverified | Air France from Paris CDG to New York JFK, Business Class , A380-800, seat 67A This is a mammoth jet and business class seats are in the old side by side style (i.e. no privacy). It’s kind of awkward sleeping next to a stranger and climbing over to get up. Still, the set up is quite roomy. If you travel with all sorts of small carry-ons, as I do, get a window seat which has it’s own storage bin next to it. The food was almost uniformly very good. Foie gras, salmon tartare… Unfortunately, the duck was grossly overcooked and swam, very unattractively, in a sea of orange something (it actually tasted good, but was about as appetizing as baby food). The service was extraordinary!
AircraftA380-800
RouteParis CDG to New York
Date FlownApril 2016

"Perfect just about sums it up"

Unverified | Air France from New York JFK to Paris CDG, seat 4A Business Class, Boeing 777-200ER, V.2 I think. Perfect just about sums it up. Starting with the Sky Priority designated checking, security and boarding lines. In the lounge, Clarins Spa offers a free facial. Sign up as soon as you get there as there is a wait. The JFK lounge is not special but it will do. Just okay food, lots of liquor. This is one of the jets with private apartments. I always choose a single window cocoon. The bed was quite comfortable and I had a great sleep. Good movie selection, good service, decent food (it’s always better on the Paris-JFK route), great wine.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownMay 2016

"glad that AF proved me wrong"

Flew Air France from Birmingham - Paris CDG - Singapore and back during the year-end holidays. Until now I had not flown long-haul on European airlines, as I had an unfavourable impression of them compared to Asian/Mid Eastern ones. I reluctantly chose AF as it was really cheap (less than SGD 1,000 return) even during high season, and also because I could avoid Heathrow. It was also less disruptive to my sleep because the transit point was just an hour away, rather than mid-journey as is the case for Emirates/Qatar. But, reading mixed reviews about AF, I did not expect much especially for the price I was paying. I am glad that AF proved me wrong. The planes are well-maintained, the in-flight service is actually pretty good and the amenities are great. The CDG-SIN long-haul flight and its return leg had decent seats, newly-installed IFE with a wide range of movie options, and more than sufficient food - I really appreciated the mini snack-bars in the galleys. Only pity was that the meals on the return leg were not as tasty - maybe because they were prepared by SATS in SIN. The short-haul flights between BHX and CDG were basic but got its job done. The transit in CDG was smooth and the airport was pretty decent, it even had a newish-looking free transit lounge that provided power points and plush chairs. A small hiccup though was the poor attitude shown by the baggage agent at Birmingham airport. She was quite combative. Thankfully another agent eventually resolved my issue satisfactorily. Perhaps I'm not a very picky person but I felt that AF was at least on-par or even better than the Asian airlines, this is especially in contrast to SQ, which in early 2016 were still using the same IFE system on their 777s after more than a decade. I will definitely take AF again.
RouteBirmingham to Singapore via Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"ignored my request for a refund "

Verified Review | Stuttgart to Toronto via Paris. Included in the bill for the fare was the reservation fee for 2 seats. When my passport data was requested in the week before the flight, one of the seats was not listed anymore. I had to book that seat and pay again by phone but was assured to get a refund. Starting in November 2016, I repeatedly applied for this refund, adding proof of confirmation and payments. Until today, these proofs have been ignored and a refund denied stating that no booking or can be found and the payments were correct. In addition, my connecting flight from Toronto to London was cancelled due to bad weather and, unless I wanted to spend the night in Toronto at my own expense, I joined with 2 other stranded passengers to rent a car to get to London. Although I booked and paid the flight with Air France, it referred me to Air Canada which denied my request for compensation and a refund of that leg of the flight. Air France totally ignored my request for a refund and, of course, also denied compensation.
RouteStuttgart to Toronto via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2016

"still give hot drinks, water and a snack"

Verified Review | I flew London Heathrow to Paris Charles de Gaulle with Air France on the new Boeing 787. This aircraft is being used on one of the daily rotations between the cities. We left 20 minutes late but arrived on time. Full IFE, which I did not use for this short trip. It's worth noting that unlike British Airways penny pinching, Air France still give hot drinks, water and a snack free. Crew very good.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Paris CDG
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"friendly, professional crew"

Unverified | Salvador da Bahia to Dublin via Rio de Janeiro and Paris. SSA-GIG-CDG-DUB. Flight from Salvador da Bahia operated by Skyteam partner Gol. Rio to Paris on brand new Boeing 777-300, reasonable pitch and friendly, professional crew. Dinner and breakfast served, both of which were pretty basic - I have had better on intercontinental flights in economy. In flight entertainment system offered a reasonable selection of content in a variety of languages. In seat power and USB ports were also a nice addition. Paris to Dublin operated by Cityjet for Air France. RJ85 was showing its age but again the crew was professional and a light snack was served. Transit at CDG was (surprisingly) painless, although food options are very limited in Terminal 2E.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / Avro RJ85
RouteGIG to DUB via CDG
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff onboard were very friendly"

Verified Review | Paris CDG to Madrid, early morning flight in economy class. CDG Airport was not that busy for check in or security which made such a difference. AF lounge was nice, great coffee and fabulous fresh croissants - best of any airline lounge! Boarding quick, staff onboard were very friendly, very charming and the opposite of what many say about AF cabin staff. Hope return tomorrow is equally as good, since this is so much better than some other major European airlines.
RouteParis CDG to Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"crew are efficient and attentive"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Seoul to Birmingham via Paris. Check in started badly as none of the self service kiosk worked. Korean Air attendant handling Air France flights was very strict about not checking in passengers who do not travel in the particular class the counter is destined for. She explained that it has something to do with not having the proper luggage stickers but when I told her I didn't have check in luggage, she still asked me to rejoin the Skypriority queue. Immigration and Security checks in Incheon rivals that of Beijing - long, slow and very inefficient. Air France uses the Korean Air lounge in the satellite and it is just a waiting area with worn seats, dirty tables and bare minimum of stale refreshment. The whole Incheon Airport feels like a wet market with airport staff of different airlines screaming out loudly 'last call for this destination and final call for that destination' on top of nonstop announcements from the loudspeakers. The Air France flight was delayed for 40 minutes but boarding was orderly. A surprise to see Air France's upgraded business class. The new seat is the same as those used by Cathay Pacific or China Airlines but there are several slight differences - the entertainment system is newer although movie and TV selection still pales comparing to its Asian competitors, the seat does not have a step at the base which is more comfortable, the earphone compartment is bigger which is more convenient for storing personal items. However, the amenities Air France provides is few - toilets not cleaned, AF still give out flimsy blankets and the so called sleep bag has little content other than a tooth brush, earplugs and eye shades. Crew are efficient and attentive. Both meals were of good quality and quantity. Although the flight arrived 20 minutes late in Paris, connection to the Birmingham flight was easy as it departed from the same satellite of Terminal 2E. The short Paris - Birmingham flight turned out to be a Flybe flight and it was uneventful. This is where Air France could have done better by informing passengers at ticket purchase that only economy class is available for that flight instead of printing the AF flight number and Business class - J on the e-ticket only to have passengers found out otherwise at check in.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / E195
RouteSeoul to Birmingham via Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"never apologized, it's a shame"

Verified Review | Marseille to Paris. The flight was canceled at the last moment. They say to us that the chief purser was absent. We waited 2 hours with no solution with a very unpleasant Air France ground hostess. Finally we missed our long-haul flight, we had to add 600EUR for having the following day flight. We paid an hotel for the night. We missed our first holiday hotel without refund, same for the car renting. Air France never answer to our compensation claim, never apologized, it's a shame.
RouteMarseille to Paris

"a decent experience"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | Overall, a decent experience with Air France travelling back home from Paris to Bogota. Flying on an A340, the economy class seats were very uncomfortable and the tv screens were outdated compared to other airlines, but aside from that, I had an enjoyable flight. The food we received was delicious and there was enough in flight entertainment to get me trough the 11 hour flight.
RouteParis to Bogota