Airline of the Year

Air France

"cabin crew took care of me"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Cabin crew took care of me from Prague to Paris CDG and they were speaking very well English. Gate agent has kindly provided me my luggage tag number. I would probably continue to fly with Air France. Next trip will be through Amsterdam to Bordeaux and I hope it will be fine. I've never been there but I'm optimistic. Recommendation: I will definitely appreciate if they can change the coffee offered on board.
RoutePrague to Paris CDG
Date FlownMay 2017

"nowhere to be seen and barely doing their job"

Verified Review | Flew Air France from Paris CDG - Cancun. Departure lunch time. Lunch was served with no choice offered and no announcement of the dish being served. No drink service for the whole flight. You need to self-serve for a glass of water which is outrageous on a long flight. The IFE had a very limited choice of movies. The meal being served upon landing was a breakfast, which did not correspond to the European time zone nor the Mexican one. It seems like the airline was dumping its excess breakfast served on the previous flight. Flight attendants, nowhere to be seen and barely doing their job. No trash collection during the whole flight. All in all, Air France's offering has been moving downward year after year and nothing is being done about it. Food is of poor quality and the inflight service is at an all time low. KLM is now way above Air France. A very dissapointing flight given the price paid.
RouteParis CDG to Cancun

"seats were comfortable"

Verified Review | Air France was absolutely splendid. Flew from Vancouver to Munich via Paris. We had no issues, they made this long travel time a breeze. The food was great, seats were comfortable. Moreover, when anxiety got the best of me due to an airport issue in Paris, the Air France ladies took me in and took care of me until I was able to calm down. It helped my panic attack immensely and at that point they did not even known that we were flying with them. Offered us seats and water etc. Cannot thank them enough.
RouteVancouver to Munich via Paris
Date FlownJune 2017

"everything went above my expectations"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | This was my first time flying Air France long haul. Everything (absolutely everything) went above my expectations for my flight from Hong Kong to Kiev via Paris CDG. I'm a very frequent traveler, so I know what to expect, but again, they pleasantly surprised me at every stage of travel. I don't review the booking process as I booked at klm.com where everything worked fine. The small issue was when buying online a la carte meal option (didn't work in Safari browser) I had to make in Chrome. Then I had trouble with paid seat option: seat of my choice disappeared from my booking. Contacted them via Facebook and got it done in 30 minutes. Perfect! In town check in in Hong Kong worked fine. At the airport boarding was done in perfect order. On the plane, I found seating quite satisfactory despite it being 10 in row (I booked Duo set at the back). Padding was comfortable, and recline was enough to seat in relaxed position (I'm 186 cm tall). Entertainment options were amazing with lots of documentary and arthouse. Dining was fine. My a la carte order was delivered without noticing. All the crew were nice and very effective despite full flight and lots of Chinese customers who required lot of translation services. Toilets kept clean and stocked. Cabin had fresh look and didn't feel claustrophobic even with such a tight layout. Breakfast served was good. Departure and arrival on time. My bag made the connection. No problem with transfer within CDG 2E from gates L to gates K by train via fast security search. My next flight to Kiev was bang on time. European flight seating comfort is only good when you purchase exit row seat. Otherwise it is not good even in business cabin. Food was good again with full bar service. I do recommend them highly for long haul travel. For short flights I recommend allow at least 3 hrs for smooth transfer at CDG and exit row seating only.
RouteHong Kong to Kiev via Paris CDG
Date FlownMay 2017

"No info was briefed on why the delay"

Verified Review | Delayed at stop off in Africa and was on the ground in the plane for over 3 hrs. No food or water was offered to any passengers. No info was briefed on why the delay. The worst flight I have ever been on, unfriendly staff, leading to almost missing connecting flight in France. Managed to get connecting flight but baggage never made it. Got back to UK and told air France that I needed my baggage the next day as I was due to fly again 2 days after landing. I had a text from them saying they would only deliver baggage a day after I am due to fly. Called up to challenge delivery time and the staff member in the baggage department was the most unhelpful, rude person. All in all. I would recommend staying as far away from Air France. Still don't have my bags or an answer on when I'm getting them.
RouteCameroon to London Heathrow via Paris

"provided a full meal"

Verified Review | After arriving via an A380 and a really unpleasant transit of CDG, we connected with our flight to Barcelona on an Air France A320. This is quite a contrast with regard to business class seating which on the A320 has the same pitch as economy class with the middle seat in a row of three left unoccupied. Seating felt cramped despite the supposed 32" seat pitch - it felt tighter than that. Seat width was fine. While being less roomy, the Air France business class in Europe does provide a much nicer food service than typically provided on flights in the United States. On United on a two hour flight I received coffee and a muffin. On American on a two hour flight I received some warm nuts and a cookie. Air France, on a one hour, twenty minute flight, provided a full meal - shrimp appetizer, mini burger, grilled vegetables, hazelnut cake, panna cotta and beverages. Quite a different experience. Service was pleasant and professional. I would have preferred a bit more space but the experience with Air France was fine.
RouteParis CDG to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2017

"service was pleasant and professional"

Verified Review | Great experience on this Air France flight from New York JFK to Paris CDG. Business Class seating comfortable and IFE was fine and included tail and nose cameras. Service was fine - pleasant and professional. The A380 is a pretty amazing plane - very comfortable and quiet. I do not sleep well when flying and did not make use of the lie flat seat but felt fine and not jet lagged at all when we arrived at CDG.
RouteNew York JFK to Paris CDG

"flight was excellent"

Verified Review | We recently travelled with Air France from Paris to Havana in Premium Economy and the flight was excellent from boarding to getting off. There were only 5 people in the cabin so the crew had plenty of time to attend to us and they were friendly. Seat comfort was fine and champagne, wines and foods were fairly good. Flight was on time and was smooth.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteParis to Havana

"I recommend Air France"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Sao Paulo to Paris. Check in fast and efficient. Boarding and departure on time. The business cabin and seat were very comfortable, full flat bed, service was of a very good standard. Lie flat seat was comfortable, with a nice duvet and a small pillow. Some turbulence during the flight. Arrival was on time. I recommend Air France for future flights .
RouteSao Paulo to Paris
Date FlownJune 2017

"definitely fly Air France again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Miami via Paris. Check in Dusseldorf quick, plane to CDG was an Embraer (HOP!), flight was completely full and the service on board was good. Coffee and sandwich as dinner. CDG to Miami was a Boeing 777-300 ER in the beautiful Skyteam colours. Flight left on time and was full. Service onboard was good. Friendly crew and the food was delicious. I would definitely fly Air France again!
AircraftE190 / Boeing 777-300ER