Top 100 Airlines

Air France

"cabin crew were indifferent"

Bangkok to Manchester via Paris. Having flown to Bangkok with KLM and had a positive experience I was expecting the same service on Air France. No way. The cabin crew were indifferent and once the initial food and drink service was over and done they were notably absent for the whole flight only appearing again to serve a quick snack before landing in Paris. It is difficult to believe that this is the same company as KLM whose service on board is far superior.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteBKK to MAN via CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"food was the best I have had"

Verified Review | Had a great flight from Paris to San Fransisco. Had a "hop" flight and connected through Paris. Boarding was not that quick though. Had to wait a few minutes in the airbridge which was kind of hot. Seat room was good, a bit larger than KLM and Delta on long haul flights. Cabin staff came by almost every hour with drinks. Food was the best I have had on economy during a flight, time went by really fast for my opinion. I would fly with AF again!
RouteCDG to SFO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"previous flight was perfect"

Verified Review | Air France from New York JFK to Paris Orly. Seat 11H, Premium Economy. Steward did not check for seat belt before take off and no safety leaflet in the seatback in front of me. In fact no leaflet at all in row 11! Although written on dinner menu, steward did not propose aperitif : I had to ask for. He did not propose water, I had to ask for. To get a second piece of bread, you have to ask! Hot meal (chicken with rice) was not properly hot. Premium Economy seat is larger than Economy and has more space for legs but recline is limited. My previous flight the week before from Paris CDG to JFK on Air France in economy was perfect : crew was attentive, smiling, customer oriented.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteJFK to ORY
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff not attentive, service orientated"

Paris to Johannesburg with Air France. We had a very bad experience with the staff on the flight AF0990. We travelled as a family with 2 babies, one 6 months and 1 and a half. Before boarding, the staff began by calling the families with children and made us stand in a queue for half an hour with the kids (we remained standing as they told us to queue in the priority line). Then they made us get on the plane before the other passengers, but the other passengers arrived immediately behind us, so no time to settle properly. The seats that were chosen for us were in the middle (booked by the company I work for, 1 week before), so there was no way to put the baby in the cradle provided. We asked for the seats to be changed and the staff told us to wait until all the other passengers are onboard. Once everyone was seated, the staff did not get back to us and avoided our gaze. So we stood up and went to look to see if we could change seats. The staff replied that the front seats are normally more expensive and it will be difficult to change. Finally, a friendly passenger who was sitting in the front row gave his seat to my wife and our 6 month old baby. I was forced to repeatedly disturb the person next to me to stand up and help my wife. My 1 and half year old should have a got a children's meal, despite my reminders, he never received anything. My wife who was busy with giving the bottle to our baby while meals were served, never received her meal. For breakfast, the staff failed to serve me the hot meal that was offered with the rest of the breakfast. Finally, during the flight, children had no special attention from the staff, on the contrary, they avoided us. The staff was rude in part and not necessarily attentive and service orientated. This is not the first time I experienced an unpleasant staff on long-haul flights with Air France but with young children, it is all the more unbearable.
RouteCDG to JNB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cabin seemed old and outdated"

(Mexico)

Despite being an A380 the cabin seemed old and outdated. No flat bed seats. Entertainment system slow and vhs quality. Mainly french movies which I like but they are not for everyone. Crew friendly and helpful. Food and wine was nothing special. Better on leg departing from Paris to Mexico. All in a all a pretty bad experience on a new plane in business with Air France. Ticker was cheap at USD 2k.
RouteCDG to MEX

"what an embarrassment"

(Brazil)

We took Air France from Rome to Paris and there was a 1.5 hrs delay on the flight. This resulted in missing our flight from Paris to Brazil (Air France as well). The next flight to Rio was 11 hours later, meaning we had to be waiting the whole day for the next flight. Air France refused to offer any further assistance then rescheduling our flight and giving us 1 ticket (16 euros each) as the only meal for these eleven hours wait.This has happened today, 16th September. When we asked the manager about the food policy, which says reasonable amont of meals per hour waiting, his reply was that reasonable is not a clear word. This, is the Air France policy, not clear even to it's own managers. What an embarassement!
RouteFCO to GIG via CDG
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"service not very attentive"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Paris on the A380 in Business Class. Seat were not as comfortable as Delta or KLM seats. There was a cabin crew strike, so only 14 crew instead of 21. Service was accordingly. No manual for food, service not very attentive. The flight was delayed out of LAX about 90 minutes. As I only had a very short layover time, I asked the purser how this will be handled. He told me not to worry, all will be handled at CDG. However, nothing happened at CDG. No ground staff to take care. I had 30 min only, but no assitance. As most Euro flights are outsourced to HOP which uses terminal G at CDG, you can only get there by bus. Even at the bus-gate Air France people said 'no problem'. Again, no one cared about my situation. We arrived at Terminal G at departure time, but could not get out of the bus. So four hours delay. I do not mind the delay, but the very poor service Air France is giving their prime customers.
RouteLAX to FRA via CDG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"seat pitch is very limited"

Verified Review | Flew Air France from Paris CDG to Tel Aviv BGU. Good - Very friendly cabin crew, very good food and overall pleasant service. Excellent deck communication with the cabin, clear announcements in English and communicative deck crew, no IFE at all. Bad - seat pitch is very limited. Feels like the lowest-cost airlines in the US. Other competitors on this line provide a significantly better seat pitch.
RouteCDG to BGU

"comfortable seats"

Verified Review | Flew Air France from NYC JFK to Paris CDG. Good - service, food, seat pitch (seems larger than the US competitors), comfortable seats, IFE, new airplane. Room for improvement - deck communications with the cabin. Whereas French announcements were broad and complete, they were short and very unclear in English.
RouteJFK to CDG

"no hot meals or snack"

Verified Review | Flew Air France from New York JFK to Dubai via Paris CDG. Check in and departure was on time. On board, we we were served a cold chicken pasta salad. Surprisingly, there was no hot meals or snack. The cabin was clean and the crew were pleasant. The inflight entertainment was adequate. There was no snacks in between flights from NY to Dubai. From Paris to Dubai we were served a cold chicken salad again. The seats were tight. There was was little room for adjusting the seats. My knees were touching the seat in front.
RouteJFK to DXB via CDG