Air France

Review by (Canada) 6th July 2015

I spent almost $1K more than the economy fare to upgrade my mother and myself to premium economy. Big mistake. Seats were very uncomfortable. Seat arms could not be raised and lowered, so even though we had four seats in the row, we could not truly get comfortable. Food was awful. Service was much improved from a previous flight on Air France. Flew economy on the way home and actually found it more comfortable as we had a row of three seats to ourselves. Seat arms could be raised. That being said, the seats were narrow and very hard. Clearly an extra row as added to up the body count. Service was very good. Food was better, perhaps because it was prepared in Paris and not Vancouver.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVancouver to Bologna via Paris

Review by (Italy) 29th June 2015

Short 2-day visit to Paris to attend Le Bourget Air Show. I bought my ticket 1 month in advance with the new "mini" tariff which gives you no Sky Team miles and no possibility to check your baggage but is a good saving since the total cost of my trip was comparable to a low cost carrier at the end. It has been a while since my last time with AF and I am fully satisfied with this short hop: very professional and smiling crew, nice and clean plane and on-time departures/arrivals. Will surely fly again for European destinations while for long haul flights I still have other preferences.
RouteLIN to CDG

Review by (Indonesia) 25th June 2015

A320 short haul London to Paris. Professional cabin attendant, attentive as well. Flight smooth. Free alcohol even for flights less than 1 hour. Excellent, overall satisfied.
RouteLHR to CDG

Review by (United States) 25th June 2015

Just days before my departure, Air France changed 3 of the 4 legs of my flight. The result was missed connections, forced stay in Charles de Gaulle airport for 10 hours, extra night in a hotel, and a day late arriving home. Instead of pushing everyone onto a later flight thus ensuring missed connections, why not push everyone to an earlier flight to secure the connections? The food and service dos not make up for the inconvenience. Never again Air France.
RouteWashington to Athens via CDG

Review by (Ireland) 22nd June 2015

Flight from Dublin to CDG was on time and very comfortable. Nice snack with drinks served on this short flight. Air France lounge in CDG terminal 2E not good. Very small selection of food and limited selection of drinks. Lounge was very busy. Champagne served after boarding. Seats comfortable, only 14 seats in the business class cabin. Flight was almost 2 hours late due to one of the pilots being sick and waiting for a replacement one. Business class were the last to board the plane. Food selection not good, a lot of fish dishes. Earphones are permanently wired to your seat so they cannot be removed for cleaning. A lot of ear wax fell out of my earphones. Not nice! Seat was angled flat, not very comfortable while trying to sleep. Entertainment on the journey out was good but on my return, the aircraft was older so had smaller screens and less choice. Staff were friendly and attentive but everything else was a let down. Lounge in Havana was disgraceful. No food, only a few drinks in the fridge, lounge and toilets were filthy. I don't think I will fly this airline again.
RouteDublin to Havana via Paris CDG

Review by (Germany) 20th June 2015

Return flight very long. No possibilty to check in online so no possibilty to prebook the seats online. At the airport in Pointe à Pitre we flew to Fort de France with Air Antilles - from Pointe à Pitre we did not have the chance to print the Air France boarding tickets from a ticket machine as it is only possible from the departure airport, meaning from Fort de France. So once landing in Fort de France we got our flight ticket from the ground staff but they forgot our bus ticket as we had to change from airport once arrived in Paris. We asked it to the staff at the boarding who nicely gave it to us. Onboard we seated in the middle row in the middle seats - unfortunately not so comfortable, not much places for the legs and going out was quite an adventure (bags on the way and headphone wires annoying). I was freezing on flight as I was seatting in draft, even the blanket did not help! Fortunately the staff on board was very nice and helpful. No unpleasant surprise.
RoutePointe à Pitre to Munich via Paris

Review by (Germany) 19th June 2015

The flight experience was good. The airplane was new, the food better than average and the flight attendants very friendly and helpful. But, unfortunately, I did the mistake of buying a combined air and rail ticket from Air France. From Strasbourg to Paris by TGV (operated by SNCF) and from Paris to my final destination by plane (and the same for the return). What a nightmare! AF did not inform me that I had to get a boarding pass for the train. And the boarding pass that they sent via email was not a valid boarding pass; I was supposed to get a new one from the airport, not only for the plane but also for the train. And the train staff were rude in asserting that I didn't have a either a boarding pass, or a train ticket. Showing them my perfectly valid rail and air ticket and the printed boarding pass AF sent, did not sway them. They made me pay a onboard TGV ticket at a price about 50% of my total ticket. Reaching SDG, I went straight to the AF ticket counter to protest. They were indifferent and declared that they could do nothing (I wonder what they are there for). They did not even have a complaint form. It was the worst airline experience of my life. Air France made everything very complicated, requiring many steps, which fortunately on the way back I knew and performed.
AircraftA320-200
RouteStrasbourg to Athens via Paris

Review by (France) 18th June 2015

Kindly welcome. Departure on time, arrival before schedule. Appreciated captain announcements, clear and sincere. Flight staff quick and nice. Food and beverage limited but of good quality. Flight quiet, landing smooth! Good experience.
RouteParis CDG to Lyon

Review by (Indonesia) 17th June 2015

I last took Air France in September 2003 from London to Moscow via Paris and it was an uneventful 5-hour journey to say the least. Fast forward to June 10, 2015, I flew Air France (AF 254) from Singapore to Jakarta and it was a smooth and comfortable experience. We boarded early, cabin crew was courteous and friendly, the inflight entertainment was superb with so many choices of programs and extremely easy-to-use touch screen. The food (cold noodle salad with bread and chocolate cake) could be better though. Would definitely consider Air France for my next journey. Love the stylish safety video!
RouteSingapore to Jakarta

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th June 2015

Husband and myself, both seasoned travellers now in our seventies. First time on Air France. From check-in at Heathrow through to Havana we found staff disinterested, dismissive and often just plain rude. When we fly for leisure we like to relax with a few drinks. My husband likes a beer or two and I like a nice gin and tonic or vodka and tonic. On a 10hr flight we were offered one drink with our meal. I was told there were no spirits on board and that beer was limited. After the initial drinks service (nearly an hour after take off) and the mediocre meal service (no choice of meal), we were not offered any other drinks. I found a member of the crew in one of the galleys much later and managed to het a beer for my husband and some water for myself. The return journey was as bad if not worse. And to add insult to injury our bags did not make the transit at CDG and we did not get them until the 15th because the company that Air France uses to deliver bags "Does not work at weekends"!
RouteLHR to Havana via CDG