Top 100 Airports

Air France

"would not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Our flight from NYC to Berlin via Paris was full of circumstances. The flight to Paris (transit) had 1 hour delay caused by a wrong adjustion of the aircraft at the airport. It wouldn't be a problem if the staff at the airplane were helpful with our connecting flight and some informations, because our connecting flight was soon after landing. But the staff I talked to didn't give proper information. However, running through CDG Airport we were able to get our connection flight that departed half an hour after landing in Paris. I would not recommend this airline since there was not only delay (that happens) but unhelpful staff and few informations.
RouteJFK to TXL via CDG

"cabin was pleasant"

Verified Review | A very good flight indeed with Air France from Minneapolis to Paris CDG. Firstly, I was most impressed that unlike the US carriers, empty seats in business class were not filled to capacity at the gate, while I understand that I only buy one seat, the sense of exclusivity that should be part of spending many thousands of dollars on a premium seat is considerably degraded by upgrading all and sundry until the cabin is full. The cabin was pleasant, the seats a touch elderly but comfortable and the space quite adequate. The flight attendants were delightful, the food and drink selections very good and all in all, a very comfortable and most agreeable journey. I am fortunate to fly in business class long-haul several times each year, and find that the offerings in this cabin are becoming clearer all the time. Air France does have it right, and even though this was operated with an older aircraft, and the old seating, it was very good indeed. I look forward to trying the new J Class, but fear that the routes I usually habituate, being hub to hub, will be the last to be upgraded.
RouteMSP to CDG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"nothing could have been better"

Verified Review | Flew Air France in Business Class from Seoul Incheon to Paris CDG. Flight attendants were so nice and full of attention. Seats were exceptionally comfortable, food was awesome, nothing could have been better than what they offered!
RouteICN to CDG
Date FlownJune 2016

"Good side: Price of ticket"

Flew from London Heathrow to Bangkok via Paris with Air France. Good side: Price of ticket just £354, seating and legroom acceptable, super friendly and efficient cabin crew, 3 of the 4 flights went on time (CDG-LHR was one hour late, no big deal), in-flight snack bar serving sandwiches and hot/cold drinks all on a self-service basis throughout the CDG-BKK and BKK-CDG legs. Bad side: Food. One meal and one snack is not enough for a 12hr flight, you need two meals and one snack. What there was was pretty mediocre and one meal was served with a roll and crackers but no butter or jam to accompany them. Strange. All in all would I fly with Air France again? I would at those bargain prices.
RouteLHR to BKK via CDG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"neither movie monitor worked"

Verified Review | On our flight to Paris from Los Angeles, neither movie monitor worked. Not only did they not work, both were stuck "on" so you had bright monitor lights shining in your faces while trying to sleep. It could not be shut off. Then seat 85K would not recline at all, it was broken. So, once the plane's cabin lights were dimmed and everyone around us was asleep, we were left with monitor lights in our eyes and one seat would not recline. I have a bad back so this only made it worse. The plane was full so there were no available seats for us to move. At one point, a flight attendant tried to tape a magazine over the monitors.... only to have them fall off into our laps 20-30 minutes later. These premium economy seats were $2700 more than coach seats, yet they were horrible and an unpleasant start to our vacation. The folks in economy watched movies and their seats reclined. I filed a complain when we got back home with Air France, only to find that Delta Airlines handles the complaints for Air France. They were sorry, and offered some free mileage for the inconvenience. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, this might be a good thing to a frequent flyer, but in our lifetime, we will never have enough mileage, with or without their offering, to earn anything. So the mileage offering was nothing to us. This was a once in a lifetime vacation so we paid the extra money for the upgraded seats, only to have these indicated issues. There is no skin off Delta's nose to handling the complaint. I got the usual "this is the best we can do" response. Despite my repeated emails to Delta about this poor offering, they will do no more. The flight back home, two weeks later was great. Monitors worked and the seats reclined, but needless to say, we started off horrible on Air France and it took 3-4 days for the aggravated back issues to subside. If this is how Air France feels, then I'd opt for another airline. And, if Delta is handling the complaints for them, I suspect they would be just as bad. Find another airline besides Air France and Delta. They are not the only ways to fly!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLAX to CDG
Date FlownMay 2016

"did not fail to disappoint"

Verified Review | Flew from Toronto to Paris CDG. Start of journey was not propitious. Air France staff at YYZ refused me access to the Business Class line and waved me off three times to standard Check-In before deigning to check my itenerary and offering up an excuse "I dont normally work here". Check-In counter repeated the exercise, before actually reading the booking information. Not sure whether they are hiring high-school kids to staff the counters at YYZ. Boarding uneventful. Flight delayed 40 minutes due to unknown reasons. Business class cabin was full. In the air, if Air France actually tried, their Business Class product could not be poorer. Jaded cabin-crew and indifferent service combined with atrocious food came together in perfect harmony to make this, without a doubt, one of the worst flight experiences I have had. I was hoping that it was a fluke and my return flight would be better but alas, AF once again did not fail to disappoint.
RouteYYZ to CDG
Date FlownJune 2016

"food quite good, wine always superb"

(Spain)

Barcelona to Guangzhou via Paris CDG with Air France. Flying with European airlines is not as exciting as Asian carriers. Nevertheless my overall experience with Air France has been quite good so far. I fly quite often from Europe to Asia and Air France offers a great choice of convenient flights from CDG with short connections. I find the crew of most flights kind and professional, the premium economy seats are quite comfortable, the app for check in is excellent from my point of view and onboard entertainment offers a wide choice of movies. Food is quite good (for airline standards) and the wine always superb of course.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBCN to CAN via CDG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"one of the best experiences so far"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | This flight from Paris CDG to New York JFK was really good, probably one of the best experiences so far (apart from having loud kids around). The seat was really comfortable, enough space even if the seat in front of me was reclined. The meal was definitely the best I have had so far - big portions and delicious meat, everything was just perfect. The entertainment options were really good, and the earphone was an outstanding quality.
RouteCDG to JFK
Date FlownJune 2016

"Bon voyage with Air France"

(Poland)

Warwaw to Paris CDG (A320) and Paris CDG to Warsaw (A321) with Air France. Outbound flight delayed by 1.5 hours due to a strike at AF. Return just on-time. WAW-CDG on rather old A320, CDG-WAW on a clean and refurbished A321. Staff very friendly and attentive on both journeys, quickly responding for requests. Sandwiches served on both flights, large variety of complimentary soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, including delicious French wines. Ground staff also kind, I had a carry-on luggage a bit overweight, but no one made any problems. Bon voyage with AF.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteWAW to CDG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"catering was average"

Verified Review | Both flights Stuttgart-Paris and Paris-Chicago were on time. The short-haul flight was operated by "Cityjet for Air France" and uneventful. The long-haul flight was operated on a quite dated A330-200, there were still ashtrays built onto the armrests and the seats were very narrow. There were individual screens, however, these were old too: small, responded slowly, and it took 1.5h and two resets until the entertainment system in the aircraft finally worked. The catering was average. We liked, however, that even in economy class you can get champagne. The flight attendants seemed genuinely friendly and did they work very well.
AircraftAvro RJ-85 and A330-200