Air Europa

"wonderful and smooth flight"

Verified Review | Miami to Madrid. It it was a wonderful and smooth flight my only complaint could be customer service. At the airport the agents were very pleasant and helpful. They had nice IFE but they didn't have much to watch on them. Do not buy the wifi. They say its 30mb but 30mb of what? Its the amount of data, that will just disappear within a short time. But otherwise I like Air Europa and would fly them again.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2017

"very unfriendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Madrid to Tenerife. First, when we checked in online, there web site was not at all clear as to the charge for non carry on luggage. Due to this the price dubbled at checkin from 30€ to 60€ per bag each way! They were not helpful at all at checkin. Our baggage charge was almost the same passage fair. Once on board, there was absolutely nothing offered complementary, not even water. This was a flight over 2.5 hours. Cramped seats and very unfriendly cabin crew. The only thing I found interesting, was there inflight mag goes on and on how they were a high customer service company. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with!!
RouteMadrid to Tenerife
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"an hour waiting to check in"

Verified Review | Manchester to Palma de Mallorca. The flights were punctual and reasonably comfortable. However, having arrived at the airport at 8am for a 10.10 flight, we first spent an hour waiting to check in, despite having already selected our seats on-line. My partner has a back problem and standing in a queue for all that time caused him severe discomfort. On our return journey we again queued for 50 minutes. The problem, as far as we could see, was caused by computer problems and harassed ground staff. Why cannot Air Europa provide an on-line check-in facility as other airlines do?
RouteManchester to Palma de Mallorca

"delayed by 3 hours"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Barcelona via Madrid, my advanced flight was delayed by 3 hours and was notified 5 minutes after the proper boarding time. A significant delay should be notified early. The airline only provides lunch compensation, while without any lunch compensation I have access to the lounge, so the compensation is not paying a disappointment. Baggage handling is also very slow, even my luggage comes out last, albeit with Baggage Priority label.
AircraftE190 / Boeing 787
RouteLisbon to Barcelona via Madrid

"improve baggage handling"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Rome to Lisbon via Madrid. The flight was nice, but with lots of delay for those two flight FCO-MAD and MAD-LIS. Air Europa does't provide Fragile Tag Label, and finally my baggage was broken when I arrive in Lisbon, and there's no staff in Baggage Collection Area. Air Europa has to improve baggage handling service.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / E190
RouteRome to Lisbon via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Air Europa is a scam of an airline"

(Peru)

Verified Review | Air Europa is known for its horrible customer service, but as customer service is that hard to reach, its actually a scam! They intentionally avoid contact with customers this way. I paid extra from Lima as I was promissed to "skip the lines" and advance directly to Bag drop. No bag drop was available so instead of getting breakfast, I spent a total of 2 hours in lines as the ground staff were incompetent and slow. As I transfered to my conecting flight my bags did not. As I continued to Vietnam, my bags arrived 3 days later and instead of being delivered to my home, I was required to take a 60 minute cab ride to and from the airport to pick up my bag. On my return trip I arrived 3 hours before the departure time and 90 minutes before no staff member is present. There is no number to call, no way to contact anyone! Air Europa is a scam of an airline!
RouteLima to Frankfurt via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Vigo to Bilbao via Madrid. Flights delayed 4 times no explanations. Poor stressed staff who appear resigned to this sort of thing occurring regularly. They bear the brunt of a poorly run airline. Spent all day at Madrid airport with continual delays. Would not recommend this airline at all.
RouteVigo to Bilbao via Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2017

"cabin crew were well presented and pleasant"

Verified Review | I flew with Air Europa from London Gatwick to Madrid for the first time. I found the website logical and well planned. Check-in was quick and pleasant and although there was a delay in departure this was managed well. The cabin crew were well presented and pleasant and served snacks and drinks one could buy. Drop down screens played some items related to Madrid and I have to say I found the seats very comfortable. Information was clear and connecting passengers were provided with good details by the crew. I would gladly travel with this company again!
RouteLondon Gatwick to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2017

"disappointed about the food"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Barcelona via Madrid. I'm writing this review because I'm disappointed about the food I haven't received on my flight from Buenos Aires to Barcelona. Taking a 12 hours flight with only one main meal is not expected by anyone I believe. Ashamed and hungry I went asking for food to the Flight attendants, so they access to gave me 4 small sandwiches with nearly nothing inside. In the same moment when they gave those sandwiches they told me that the food was coming in 10 minutes. I took more than one hour and for my surprise was another sandwich!
RouteBuenos Aires to Barcelona via Madrid

"never fly them again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to New York via Madrid. Although the bad reviews I thought I should give it a try due to their low prices, but I should have known better. Flights were ok, food and drinks as well, flight attendants were nice as well but customer service one big chaos, no communication at all, very rude and unpolite staff. We had a delay of 24 hours in Madrid and they were like ´yes, it happens, here you have a complaint form, next please´ and didn´t have any compassion at all, no help, no reaction on email, telephone or complaint forms, Nothing! Finally after 24 hours next flight to JFK (New York) were we found out they lost all our Luggage! Made report at lost and found, went to swissport which did the handling but nothing found. We had to call to the number on the report and if the bags would be found they should send them over by Fedex, everyday we called to JFK, we called to Madrid, even the hotel-staff called for us, nobody knows where the bags are, we can´t help you is their standard answer. We had to buy all things new as we didn´t have anything, not even underwear or piece of soap. Now back home, called multiple times, to New York and Madrid as well, they don´t know where the bags are, and they can´t find them in Worldtracer as well. Terrible, never fly them again. Also no onboard entertainment on a 8h flight, only some general screens in the middle which half of them didn´t work and only in Spanish.
AircraftA319 / A330