Top 100 Airlines

Air Europa

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Amsterdam to Santo Domingo via Madrid. Air Europa is by far the worst airline I have ever flown. They were significantly late both ways (once even 7 hours) and lost my luggage. Now, when that happens and the airline takes care of you I won't be the guy to write a bad review. But, unfortuantely, they did the opposite. There was no compensation, no help, no customer service, nothing. In fact they made me post a million and one things to claim back my lost luggage to then never reply to me. Simply ignoring all e-mails. I have never experienced something so bad.
RouteAMS to SDQ via AMS
Date FlownApril 2016

"did not have a good experience"

London Gatwick to Sao Paulo via Madrid return. We did not have a good experience with Air Europa. Some of the problems we experienced included long delays at Madrid, with no good communication between the airline and the customers. Cabin crew in general not attentive. You have to pay 3 euros for head phones, the plane we flew (from Madrid to Guarulhos, 11 hours flight) had no individual screens for the in flight entertainment options. Despite requesting a gluten-free meal, I was only given the gluten-free option on the return flight. In general, customer service was not very good. On the return flight, I purchased Internet connectivity. If you fly Air Europa, do not bother - it really does not work, and you will just waste 7 euros. We will not fly again with Air Europa.
RouteGRU to LGW via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"definitely use this airline again"

Verified Review | Booked a flight London to Miami return via Madrid. Flight there was surprisingly good as I had read the reviews and expected the worst! Food wasn't particular bad - just stay away from overcooked pasta. Seats were not as bad as expected. Although ground staff could have been more organised boarding passengers on the plane. Both occasions boarding time was delayed. Then one of the staff had to shout out for Priority and families with children to board first through all the chaos. I would suggest that toilets be checked more often and tissues replenished. Both my kids were sick upon landing in Madrid after 7 hour flight and cabin crew were very helpful and kind. Overall I would definitely use this airline again.
RouteMIA to LGW via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"forget about comfort and service"

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to London via Madrid. One of worst flights of my life. My seat has the entertainment system not working at all (13 hours flight). During take off my seat (51A) started to recline in sleeping mode. I am not a light person (85 Kg) but this is a serious issue. The quality of the food was terrible. Alcoholic beverage were not available after the first round of food (but you had the possibility to buy a good variety of beverage on board). The flight attendants were polite but not very friendly. I would say that if you are looking just to go from A to B, and there is no other options, is ok. But you have to forget about comfort and good service. Anyway the safety issue on my seat is serious and I would suggest the company to solve it before the aircraft will be grounded after a safety inspection.
RouteEZE to LGW via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin crew were quite unfriendly"

I flew with Air Europa on holiday to Cuba and on the way there there was no delay, the meal was very good and the cabin crew were nice so that was a very good experience and it was my first time flying long haul. The way back was different. Our flight to Madrid was delayed three hours but that was due to bad weather. Our evening meal we got was terrible. I slept reasonably well and the breakfast was ok. The cabin crew were quite unfriendly. We arrived in Madrid when our connection was leaving and they very kindly held the flight so we could get on. We returned to London Gatwick with no problem and our baggage was there.
RouteLGW to HAV via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"overall satisfied with my experience"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Bogotá to Amsterdam via Madrid. I'm very satisfied with my Air Europa flight. The first aircraft was big, clean and modern. It was an almost 10 hour flight, so comfort is everything. There was a good selection of entertainment. Dinner was good, breakfast was okay. Flight attendants were polite. I got the tickets at half the price of what other companies expected. Unfortunately the flight was a little delayed and I almost missed my second connection in Madrid. Besides that I'm overall satisfied with my first Air Europa experience and would choose to fly them again.
RouteBOG to AMS via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"you would expect some kind of service"

(Spain)

Verified Review | After reading reviews I thought, could it be that bad for just a short European flight? Well, I regret ever spending my well-collected miles for a flight with them. Number one problem? Communication. Departing from Amsterdam with a delay a little less than 1 hour (which is doable) because of what? We will never know. No apologies were given. The good thing is that Amsterdam airport has a good mobile app and provides a lot of information so you always know upfront that your flight is delayed and gives opportunities to adjust plans. All set, finally in the plane. After a while you would expect some kind of service, maybe a drink, a small bite. Well, this is not to be expected with Air Europa. I know it was a 'short' flight but KLM for example always offers a drink, sandwich and a muffin. I ended up paying for a can of sparkling water plus potato chips which then was being charged as separate items since the crew don't remember the package deals. After a calm flight we arrived at Madrid airport, too late of course and I had just about 30 minutes to change gates. Once at the correct gate, everybody was already in line since boarding was about to start at that hour. Nothing happened for 2 hours. No announcement, no information, nothing. Finally the boarding started after 1 crew member was being dropped off by a bus just 10 minutes before, making it look like we were all waiting 2 hours for this lady to arrive. Once in the plane, the captain actually spoke to us and informed us they were having a technical error which has been fully resolved now and we could fly safely to Barcelona. OK, all good, so why were we still stuck with toilets closed, inside the plane for another hour? Everybody was hot, thirsty, in need of a pee etc, passengers were getting angry. During take-off the pilot flew straight into a thunderstorm, the turbulence wasn't very helpful. Traffic control 'forgot' to change the route? Once in the air, again no gestures.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 & A330-200
RouteAMS to BCN via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"food was not very pleasant"

London to Sao Paulo via Madrid with Air Europa. Flights delayed both at Gatwick and Madrid - in Madrid no information was provided for the reason. Once on board (1 hour late) the service was good but the seat was very uncomfortable and the food was not very pleasant. The inflight staff were attentive but unable to explain the delays. The cabin and washrooms were quite dirty - I found a half eaten packet of nuts down the side of my seat. The menu was basic with various forms of salad provided, the best meal was breakfast and even that had salad with it. Good selection of films but an older IFE system with smaller screens which were fixed to the seat in front.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLGW to GRU via MAD

"was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | London to Miami via Madrid. I was prepared for all case scenarios - pay for food onboard, small cramped seats, old toilets, missed connecting flight, long delays and lost luggages. However was pleasantly surprised - flights were on time, seats were actually comfy. Food wasn't horribly bad and you didn't have to pay for it. However either you brought your own headphones or had to buy cheap headphones. Toilets were clean - you weren't provided an overnight case (I wasnt expecting it). Flights left on time and no delays. I was travelling with 2 small boys and it went very smoothly. Staff onboard were very friendly and kind. In fact I saw an air steward collecting a sick bag and then going up and down offering sick bags as we were circling for about an hour before landing. Air stewards and stewardess were very professional, kind and friendly.
RouteLGW to MIA via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight crew were friendly"

Overall pleasant flight with Air Europa from London Gatwick to Madrid Barajas with a small delay at the beginning. Once arrived to Madrid, we waited 2 hours for our luggage, but I think this is the airports responsibility. The flight crew were friendly, I would say not much more then average. I want to warn anybody willing to fly with this airline that you need to pay an extra €15 fee for luggage under about 20kg.
AircraftEmbraer 195LR