Top 100 Airlines

Air Europa

"disappointed with the cabin crew"

Frankfurt to Lima via Madrid with Air Europa. Flight from Frankfurt was delayed for 1.5 hours, so the connection in Madrid was very short. For all flights a bus transer was necessary - the direct gangway seems to be to expensive for this airline. I was very disappointed with the cabin crew - especially with small children they were very unfriendly and not cooperative (I myself haven't got kids, but close to me there were a few). The catering reflects the price level of the airline and the same for space and entertainment. They offer only a few movies, but all in 7 languages, and the selection was not too bad.
AircraftA330-200
RouteFRA to LIM via MAD
Date FlownMay 2016

"staff rarely came around"

Verified Review | I read the reviews for this airline prior to my flight so I knew I was taking a chance, flying with Air Europa proved to be a big mistake. I was on a round-trip fight from New JFK to Barcelona with a layover in Madrid. All flights were delayed and the return connecting flight from Madrid to New York was delayed 3 hours but we were not informed until we actually got to the airport shortly before scheduled take off. They did give us a free sandwich from a local sandwich shop in airport which was good. The worst part of the travel was both flights had limited air-conditioning and I felt like I was in a sweatbox for seven hours, it was awful. The staff rarely came around and offered a drink even though that cabin was so hot. Also on the flight from Madrid they didn't turn off the cabin lights even though we traveled in the evening and most people were asleep they didn't turn them off until five minutes before landing. Also, they had onboard entertainment but the movie shut off every 15 minutes and I had to keep restarting it, at one point I just gave up. Because of the bad complaints I tried upgrade my flight to business class however on my first flight they told me I would have to cancel and rebook the whole flight which didn't seem like a good option for me. I tried at the airport to upgrade my return flight my they wanted me to pay €3000 so that wasn't going to happen. The only bright spots for me with my bag was that it was quickly at baggage claim when I got home however my ride was late so didn't matter. I must say the counter the staff were very pleasant, however I will never fly or recommend Air Europa.
RouteJFK to BCN via MAD

"flights all left late"

Verified Review | We took Air Europa from Miami to Madrid. After 2 days flew to Barcelona, 8 days later Barcelona to Madrid and Madrid to Miami. The flights all left between 30 minutes to 2 hours late. Regarding the meals don't count with the what is served aboard because you will be disappointed. When we flow from Madrid to Miami the crew staff was rude, for dinner they served only one option of sandwich with cheese and pork which some of us couldn't eat - I asked if there any other option because I can't eat pork, one of the crew members told his colleague "We have vegetarian sandwiches but if we will give him one, every one else on the plane will ask for one". Usually with my experience on flights there is a vegetarian dish for some of us who don't eat meat, but in my case the crew member just told me that there is nothing he can do for me.
RouteMIA to MAD

"avoid flying with them"

All 4 flights I took with Air Europa on my recent trip to Havana via Madrid, were either late departing, late arriving or both. The transfers were chaotic and badly organised. The first flight UX1014 to Madrid left Gatwick late, arrived late and as such I ended up running for the next flight UX51 to Havana. When checking in I asked if luggage had made it on the transfer and was told by the gate crew all luggage had transferred ok. On arrival in Havana, the plane was 45 minutes late as it had no docking bay. Amidst the total chaos at Havana airport and with no assistance from any staff or Air Europa representatives I had no alternative but to wait to see if my bag turned up, after waiting 4 hours and by 12.30 am to see if my case arrived I was told ‘no more bags, maybe later’? I queued for another hour and eventually reported the loss to lost property and was given the receipt. As a result of these delays I missed my pre paid transfer and had to hire a taxi to take me to Havana at a personal cost of $30. After numerous calls, messages to the lost property etc I was eventually reunited with the bag 5 days later – when I was in Trinidad, Cuba some 3 hours away. I will not bore you with the details of the arguments I had regarding who should pay for me being reunited with the bag, enough to say when I was told I would have to pay $400 for a private taxi to bring it to me in Trinidad my patience snapped. To continue on my cycle trip I had to buy toiletries,spare clothes, bag to carry them etc all of which I don't really want or need, I had to borrow socks and other items all of which is incredibly embarrassing and inconvenient. I had been no better than a nomad for 4 days on what should have been a great holiday, begging and borrowing, carrying my possessions around in a carrier bag. In addition to the loss of my bag I actually reserved on Air Europa web site seats prior to departure (at a cost of £48) which I did not receive these on the return leg – no explanation just ‘this is the only seat’ at check in? Despite over 40 emails and letters to the airline they continue to ignore all responsibility to the point when I call and speak to someone in English they hang up on me!Customer serivce with Air Europa doent seem to matter at all I will do everything in future to avoid flying with them. On a long haul flight there was no films available at all on any flights so beware if you are flying with them take a good book.
RouteLGW to HAV via MAD
Date FlownApril 2016

"not be flying Air Europa again"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Buenos Aires via Madrid. On the holiday of a life time I treated myself to business class. On our return from Buenos Aires we were delayed by 60 hours and given very little information from Air Europa. We eventually flew back, I was in an economy seat as no business class ones were available. Air Europa have declined to give me any refund of the difference. I even wrote to the UK director 6 weeks ago but have had no reply. I will not be flying with Air Europa again.
RouteLGW to EZE via MAD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"treated in the worst way"

(Dominican Republic)

Verified Review | Madrid to Santo Domingo with Air Europa. I bought a non-stop ticket and at the airoort we were told they are putting together 2 flights because they just had only 1 aircraft. They took us first to Cancún in Mexico and left us for 2 hours on the aircraft and then new passangers going to Madrid got on. I was supposed to arrive in Santo Domingo at 6:15pm and I arrived at 12:30 am after being treated in the worst way possible.
RouteMAD to SDU
Date FlownMay 2016

"unhelpful surly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Simply dreadful flight with Air Europa from Madrid to London Gatwick. Delays, buses to and from plane, unhelpful surly cabin crew, more delays, zero concern, help or even a mild interest in providing any kind of decent service. Business class was beyond a joke. I'd sooner drive to Bilbao and catch the ferry than do this again.
RouteMAD to LGW
Date FlownMay 2016

"never fly Air Europa again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Liege to Havana via Madrid. I was due to fly with Air Europa (member of skyteam) from Brussels to Havana with a stopover in Madrid. Given the terrorist attacks in March the flight left from Liege airport instead of Brussels airport. I was not notified of the change at all. I only found out because I could not find the flight on the website of Brussels Airport. Air Europa website was always down. Once I arrived in Liege to check in I was told I could only get the boarding pass to Madrid because their IT system could not print the Madrid to Havana leg but the the Air Europa desk in Madrid would print the boarding pass. They said they had been doing this every day since 22 March and that it was business as usual. We were a dozen of people in the same situation. Once at Madrid we went to Air Europa desk as instructed by the Air Europa staff in Liege airport. However they told us to go to the boarding gate as they could not print the boarding pass there. We walked towards the gate that was 20 min away, but could not pass passport control because we did not have a boarding pass. There were some helpful staff from Madrid Airport that tried to reach Air Europa. Apparently they were told that Air Europa staff was arriving. They never did. I had 3 friends also travelling with Air Europa from London who were also in transit in Madrid so I called them to tell the boarding gate staff we could not pass security. My friends were told that it was all under control, that our boarding pass were being printed and that the plane was waiting for us. Next thing I hear is that the plane to Havana has taken off! We were told to go to go back to Air Europa desk who said they cannot do anything (not call customer service or anyone responsible) but that we should pick up our luggage and go to customer service outside the airport. They were not helpful or apologetic. We went to the luggage area where we were told that our luggages had actually left to Havana without us! They also said this problem was happening every day (dozens of customers flying from liege airport don't make their connection ). This is an important security breach as they are not allowed to send luggages without the owner. We then went to the customer service outside their airport and queue for another 2 hours. By that stage we had been in Madrid for 4 hours and had not met one helpful or competent Air Europa staff. Not sure what is happening next as I am still in the queue but one thing is sure I will never fly Air Europa again!
RouteLGG to HAV via MAD

"gladly take them again"

Verified Review | I flew Miami to Madrid on a fairly new new Air Europa Boeing 787. Having flown them before, and expecting especially cramped quarters I was pleasantly surprised by the layout. Economy seats are 3x3X3 and reasonably roomy. I understand the seat width to be 17" but it seemed ok for me. They provided a hot meal followed by a breakfast or a pizza type snack an hour or so before landing. The IFE was pretty extensive, offering movies, TV shows, games, etc, There was a choice of English or Spanish. The air fare was about $650 r/t, but they charge $25 per segment, for an advance seat assignment. Considering the low base fare, I paid for it, though it looked like you had plenty of choices of seats left till just before boarding. Take your chances. Everything on time, or close to it. Cabin service fine and frequent. Would gladly take them again.
RouteMIA to MAD
Date FlownApril 2016

"could go on about how bad"

Verified Review | I was flying Air Europa from London Gatwick to Santa Cruz de La Palma (SPC) via Madrid and Tenerife. The flight from Gatwick to Madrid was delayed by approximately 3 hours. No one from Air Europa showed up to explain what was happening, all we had was a message on a screen at the Information desk saying that missed connections would have been re-arranged once we got to Madrid. However when I got to the gate they started sending people on connecting flights back to the departure lounge to have their flights re-arranged from London! I asked if I had to do the same but they told me that my connection was fine. Except, when I was boarding they stopped me and told me that my connection wasn't fine any more! So I had to go back to the departure lounge where they booked my new flights. They put me on the same flights combinations the day after, meaning I would arrive in La Palma with 24 hours of delay. And the day after, the flight from London to Madrid was delayed again! This time it was only 30 minutes, but it meant I had to literally run through Madrid's airport to make it to the boarding of my connecting flight. I could go on about how bad and expensive the food onboard is, and what a joke the inflight entertainment is as well, but my review is already very long, so I'll stop here. The worst thing is that in a few days I will have to fly back to London with Air Europa again. I am not looking forward to that!
RouteLGW to SPC via MAD/TFN