Air Europa

"hopeless trying to check in online"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Madrid, and the cabin crew were so rude! In my job, making sarcastic comments to customers is not appropriate, and we don't deal with people who have been waiting around for hours. In terms of the booking experience, the website is quite difficult to navigate, and crashes a lot. The first time I tried to book, it kept crashing at the payment page, so I called customer service. They told me that AMEX is not accepted (when the website says it is), so I booked my flight over the phone, with a different card. However, I received no email confirmation, just reminders from the website to complete my booking or it will be cancelled. So, I called customer service again, and they sent me an email. There is no way of just viewing your booking online to check details: you have to go to add luggage, or pre-book seats, or some other edit. The third time I called customer service was to send me a credit card receipt, or at least the booking details with price on them, as this was missing from the first one. It was hopeless trying to check in online, there is no way of skipping the paid-for seat reservation, and I wasn't fussed, so I couldn't check in online. Checking in at the airport, there were only two desks, and although only a short queue of people, 4/5 at most, each check in took ages. Compare this to other airlines with a smooth online check in and quick bag drop, and it really is behind the times. It took me less time to go through security! And finally, boarding with rude staff, who kept walking up and down the aisle pushing past people who were trying to put luggage overhead as quickly as possible. I was in a window seat, and the two people nearer the aisle were kindly waiting for me to put my bag overhead before stepping out. My little handbag was next to the seat for maybe 5 seconds while I put my bag away (and no-one walking past this far up) but the steward picked it up, shouted 'whose is this', and shoved it at me while I was closing the locker, followed by 'no wonder', as he had already told me I was in the way further down the aisle. Totally needless - he was such a jobsworth. Overall, not an experience I want to repeat, and I won't be flying with them again. It's just not worth the hassle.
RouteGatwick to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2017

"wonderful and smooth flight"

Verified Review | Miami to Madrid. It it was a wonderful and smooth flight my only complaint could be customer service. At the airport the agents were very pleasant and helpful. They had nice IFE but they didn't have much to watch on them. Do not buy the wifi. They say its 30mb but 30mb of what? Its the amount of data, that will just disappear within a short time. But otherwise I like Air Europa and would fly them again.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2017

"very unfriendly cabin crew"

Verified Review | Madrid to Tenerife. First, when we checked in online, there web site was not at all clear as to the charge for non carry on luggage. Due to this the price dubbled at checkin from 30€ to 60€ per bag each way! They were not helpful at all at checkin. Our baggage charge was almost the same passage fair. Once on board, there was absolutely nothing offered complementary, not even water. This was a flight over 2.5 hours. Cramped seats and very unfriendly cabin crew. The only thing I found interesting, was there inflight mag goes on and on how they were a high customer service company. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with!!
RouteMadrid to Tenerife
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"an hour waiting to check in"

Verified Review | Manchester to Palma de Mallorca. The flights were punctual and reasonably comfortable. However, having arrived at the airport at 8am for a 10.10 flight, we first spent an hour waiting to check in, despite having already selected our seats on-line. My partner has a back problem and standing in a queue for all that time caused him severe discomfort. On our return journey we again queued for 50 minutes. The problem, as far as we could see, was caused by computer problems and harassed ground staff. Why cannot Air Europa provide an on-line check-in facility as other airlines do?
RouteManchester to Palma de Mallorca

"delayed by 3 hours"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Barcelona via Madrid, my advanced flight was delayed by 3 hours and was notified 5 minutes after the proper boarding time. A significant delay should be notified early. The airline only provides lunch compensation, while without any lunch compensation I have access to the lounge, so the compensation is not paying a disappointment. Baggage handling is also very slow, even my luggage comes out last, albeit with Baggage Priority label.
AircraftE190 / Boeing 787
RouteLisbon to Barcelona via Madrid

"improve baggage handling"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Rome to Lisbon via Madrid. The flight was nice, but with lots of delay for those two flight FCO-MAD and MAD-LIS. Air Europa does't provide Fragile Tag Label, and finally my baggage was broken when I arrive in Lisbon, and there's no staff in Baggage Collection Area. Air Europa has to improve baggage handling service.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / E190
RouteRome to Lisbon via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Air Europa is a scam of an airline"

(Peru)

Verified Review | Air Europa is known for its horrible customer service, but as customer service is that hard to reach, its actually a scam! They intentionally avoid contact with customers this way. I paid extra from Lima as I was promissed to "skip the lines" and advance directly to Bag drop. No bag drop was available so instead of getting breakfast, I spent a total of 2 hours in lines as the ground staff were incompetent and slow. As I transfered to my conecting flight my bags did not. As I continued to Vietnam, my bags arrived 3 days later and instead of being delivered to my home, I was required to take a 60 minute cab ride to and from the airport to pick up my bag. On my return trip I arrived 3 hours before the departure time and 90 minutes before no staff member is present. There is no number to call, no way to contact anyone! Air Europa is a scam of an airline!
RouteLima to Frankfurt via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Vigo to Bilbao via Madrid. Flights delayed 4 times no explanations. Poor stressed staff who appear resigned to this sort of thing occurring regularly. They bear the brunt of a poorly run airline. Spent all day at Madrid airport with continual delays. Would not recommend this airline at all.
RouteVigo to Bilbao via Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2017

"cabin crew were well presented and pleasant"

Verified Review | I flew with Air Europa from London Gatwick to Madrid for the first time. I found the website logical and well planned. Check-in was quick and pleasant and although there was a delay in departure this was managed well. The cabin crew were well presented and pleasant and served snacks and drinks one could buy. Drop down screens played some items related to Madrid and I have to say I found the seats very comfortable. Information was clear and connecting passengers were provided with good details by the crew. I would gladly travel with this company again!
RouteLondon Gatwick to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2017

"disappointed about the food"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Barcelona via Madrid. I'm writing this review because I'm disappointed about the food I haven't received on my flight from Buenos Aires to Barcelona. Taking a 12 hours flight with only one main meal is not expected by anyone I believe. Ashamed and hungry I went asking for food to the Flight attendants, so they access to gave me 4 small sandwiches with nearly nothing inside. In the same moment when they gave those sandwiches they told me that the food was coming in 10 minutes. I took more than one hour and for my surprise was another sandwich!
RouteBuenos Aires to Barcelona via Madrid