Air Europa

Review by (Israel) 16th June 2015

The main flight is from MAD-LIM-MAD. First thing I noted was that in business class there are no personal monitors, you get an I-PAD with about 10 movies - was so uncomfortable to hold it. When seated I noticed that it is a recliner seat, which many airlines have and its ok. However, always the seat has for the legs a "bar" to put your feet so you dont slip down when you sleep, however they dont have it. The worst seat in business class I have had. The seats have electrical power points, however, its very hard to put your plug in and secondly it is that they don't work properly. Could not use charge my phone or or laptop to watch my movies. On the flight LIM-MAD I asked the cabin crew that I would like my lunch service to be served later (flight was at 10am so I had already had breakfast and didn't want to have lunch). The cabin crew were shocked and tried to convince me that I should eat now and not later. In total service is not their strong point. For me, the only reason I would fly them again is due to the fare gap that they have with airlines such as Iberia and KLM who fly as well to LIM.
AircraftA330-200
RouteTLV to LIM via MAD

Review by (Spain) 11th June 2015

MAD-ORY-MAD, Check in fast and easy, no lines both airports. Boarding by groups, all flights on time. 737, comfortable seats, nice FA, only food for sale. No bags checked, so no info on this. Convenient flights to Paris Orly, closer to city center. Will fly them again for sure.
Aircraft737
RouteMAD-ORY-MAD

Review by (Germany) 11th June 2015

I flew with AE from Frankfurt to Palma in Mallorca via Madrid vv. And when it is possible, I do not want to fly this airline anymore: I believe AE is not a low cost Airline but they treat the passengers as if they are flying for a cheap price. They did not offer even water for free. The seat cushion is like on Ryanair. From Madrid to Palma there was a delay for 1 hour so that I had to take a taxi to the hotel which is expensive.
RouteFRA-PMI via MAD

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2015

I flew from Buenos Aires to London via Madrid in April. In brief: absolutely terrible experience. The airline managed to produce a 30 hours+ delay (flight to Madrid was cancelled) during which its staff at the airport acted completely incompetently. Barely anybody spoke English there was a 2 hours line to the check-in desk to get an information which bus was taking us to the hotel after the return to airport 24 hours later check-in counter opened only half an hour after arrival (their staff informed us that the responsible colleague has not arrived yet) and afterwards only one counter was opened for 200+ passengers. Worse though was the fact that after the flight was cancelled I clearly explained to the only English-speaking lady at the desk that I need to be in London on Monday morning in any case as I had an important meeting. She assured me that this will be taken care of and that the company will call me to the hotel to give me the details of a replacement flight. I never heard from her again and the company just couldn’t care less. Generally this whole nightmare ended only after we persuaded the only reasonable person in the whole staff to book us on a flight with TAM instead. Otherwise we would miss yet another connection flight to London and instead of 30 hours delay it would have been closer to 40.

Review by (United Kingdom) 31st May 2015

Flew Gatwick - Madrid - Havana and return. Flights out to Havana were fine. Staff were friendly and helpful lots of information given out. The chicken meal on the Madrid - Havana flight was one of the best I have had. The breakfast from Havana - Madrid was not very nice a dried up roll and a thick slice of tasteless meat. The return flight Havana - Madrid was a total different experience. We had a very fed up male member of the cabin crew. All the other cabin crew were great. Firstly he was very scruffy worn out shoes a cardigan which covered up his name badge a shirt which did not fit into his trousers properly. We were sat 3 rows from the rear of the plane by the time he got to us he was obviously fed up as he didn't offer us the bread rolls or drinks. He also did not offer any drinks to the people on the two rows behind us or the one next to us. Whilst the other crew members were still collecting the finished meals and drinks he turned off the lights. The crew members on the other side of the plane were only half way through collecting. During "lights out" my friend went to the toilet and wanted to stand for a few minutes to stretch her legs he rudely told her to go and sit down and ushered her back to her seat. This is a 9 hour flight and you need to have a stretch when you are stuck in a seat for that long. Overall I was very happy with Air Europa and would fly with them again. It is a shame that this one member of the crew let the side down.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 11th May 2015

My wife and I travelled from Paris Orly to Madrid on May 8th. The connection into Paris with Air France was late meaning our bags did not make the Air Europa flight. The staff at Paris were helpful in ensuring we made our connection. The service onboard was quick. Since then Air Europa have struggled to locate our bags and even though they said they have found one of them it has still not been given to us.

Review by (United States) 27th April 2015

Traveled from Miami to Paris with a connection in Madrid and what a surprise Air Europa turned out to be. Flights left on time service was wonderful food was better then expected and the inflight entertainment was fantastic. We flew on Polish Airways new 787 and everything about that plane was wonderful. Will not hesitate to recommend and fly Air Europa again in the future.

Review by (Belgium) 23rd April 2015

Business class. Terrible BRU check in by Skyteam counter. Old SN Brussels Airlines lounge (downstairs in Schengen Terminal). My first time in this new security and fast track. Embraer 195 pleasant good crew. Return check in and good IB lounge. Good food and drinks. Will recommend and will fly them again.

Review by (United States) 10th April 2015

I flew Miami to Madrid on March 29 2015. Staff at airport were nice. Were boarded promptly and then sat on the plane for over an hour past scheduled departure with no announcement made. Apparently they were waiting for some paperwork. I was in business class and they brought me 1 beverage. 2.5 hours later that was all they had offered! I pressed my call button and no one responded. I had to get up and ask for more water. They provided an iPad for movies. I was on an Airbus 330-220 which is an older plane. The seats are lie flat but not totally comfortable (I put the blanket under me for more cushion). The service in business wasn't very good. The dinner meal was ok. They don't bring you hot towels for you hands when you first board but did right before the meal. Our flight was almost 1.5 hours late in leaving but the crew wasn't concerned as we had good wind in the direction we were flying so the flight time was only around 7.5 hours - the day before it had been over 9! They did not offer any other service the rest of the flight. I was waiting for breakfast when the announcement by the pilot was made they were making the approach to Madrid and would land in less than 1 hour. What? Where was breakfast? They never turned up the cabin lights and got people up. The crews excuse was "you were sleeping and we didn't want to wake you". I fly a lot and this is the first time this has ever happened. I asked the people around me if they had got breakfast and they all said no. I paid for a business class ticket and got second rate service! All in all though the flight was fine a little bumpy at times but we got to Madrid no problems baggage came off quickly. I can't imagine flying coach with this airline I would only book this again as a last resort.

Review by (Spain) 20th March 2015

I flew from Madrid to Porto on a lovely Embraer 145. The aircraft was small and cosy a little bit old but perfectly functional. It only has three seats per row two in the right side and one in the left. I was lucky and got one on the individual lane. The flight was pleasant on time and extremely quick (45 minutes) despite the weather was not too good. The comeback was on a Embraer 190 also on time and quick. It was a night flight and they kept the lights off so the journey was pleasant and relaxing. No services offered onboard it is nonsense on such a short trip.