Vote Now

Air Europa

"never choose this airline again"

Verified Review | I had booked a flight with Air Europa from Malaga to Paris in October and I was denied boarding at the airport. I had previously tried to check in online but it was not possible. After being denied boarding I was offered a flight which would give me a sleep over in Barcelona and it would make me 24hrs delayed to Paris. I was also offered 250 Euros as compensation. I never got any money from the airline and after being in contact with customer service multiple times they tell me there is nothing they can do. I find the service insanely bad and I will never choose this airline again.
RouteParis to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | I was pleasantly surprised by this flight experience with Air Europa business class. From Barcelona to Madrid and then to São Paulo, both flights were on time. On the long haul, the plane seem quite new. As soon as I got in, the flight attendant offered me the option to move to a more quiet seat on the cabin (next to the window with no one on the adjacent seat). The dinner was good, so was the wine selection. The movie selection was short but some of this year's Oscar nominees were available. And most importantly: the seat reclined to a completely horizontal flat bed, so I slept around 8 hours. A couple of details to be improved: there was no actual priority boarding on the ground, and they didn't provide a bottled water after dinner (I'm sure they would have done by request though).
RouteBCN to GRU via MAD
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"all four flights delayed"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Palma de Mallorca to Barcelona. I've flown with Air Europa four times this week, and all four flights have been 2-2.5 hours delayed. They offer no water or explanation. Air Europa might be cheap but with a total of 9 hours wasted in one week, it's all of a sudden not so economical to fly with Air Europa.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Barcelona
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"quite happy with our service"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Havana return via Madrid. Having seen a few very negative reviews on here, I anticipated my trip with some trepidation, however I needn't have been worried. On both outward and return my wife and I experienced a good level of service from the air crews, who were polite and friendly. The Gatwick to Madrid service was like anything I have experienced with Easyjet/Norwegian, quite straightforward. No issues with boarding. On the outward journey we were an hour late taking off despite boarding in good time, this was apparently due to the amounty of luggage being loaded on (having seen what was being checked in for the pre-Christmas flight I could believe that) however we had no issue with the transfer at Madrid. We had an A330 for the Cuban leg, and I have seen comments about the quality of this plane on this site, but our planes both ways were in very good condition, no problems with toilets etc, other than the flight entertainment screens which were a bit past their best. Legroom was OK, nothing special, I'm 6 foot and found it comfortable enough to get some sleep. Food outward bound to Cuba was not bad (I had the beef option rather than risk the pasta!), food on the way back was a little dried up (probably travelled all the way from Madrid) but we got served champagne on the way home as it was New Years Eve, and the morning bacon roll hit the spot, it would have been nice to have milk not powdered creamer for our drinks, but not exactly a deal breaker!. On our flight home from Cuba the crew had to deal with a passenger who passed out walking down the aisle, which they did quite competently. A lot of the poor comments on this site seem to stem from lost luggage and the response, or missed flights, but we had no problems with our hold luggage so can't comment. Overall quite happy with our service, and felt it was good value for money, would happily use Air Europa again
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330
RouteLGW to HAV via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"came prepared with my own food"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Havana return via Madrid. Happily myself and my luggage got to the destination (HAV) and the return to LGW together which is the main aim. Three flights of 4 late, the good thing was, as all flights were with Air Europa, the link was there both for me and my luggage. On both LGW - MAD and return flights there were just 2 loos at the rear of the plane for all passengers, except the 12 who were in Business class on the journey out, it was empty on return - still could not use loos. Went to loo, got stuck behind trolleys, made 2 new friends and went to loo twice as was stuck for so long. Staff made no attempt to recognise the issue. Poor service and food on Madrid to Havana flight out. I asked for milk with my tea and was told I could only have powdered creamer as 'milk was a security threat / risk'. Not sure how the other liquid beverages get through? Pizza had ham on it, the steward was insisting it was 'turkey'. Return Havana to Madrid flight the cheese pasta was gross, again no veggie option for the snack - hot ham roll. For such long flights I came prepared with my own food, water and entertainment, I would highly recommend all others follow suit.
RouteLGW to HAV via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"had no PTV screen display"

(Spain)

Verified Review | San Juan to Barcelona via Madrid. I had to pay 150€ to check in my sports equipment and found it damaged when collecting it at the arrival. They don't accept any responsibility and are not helpful at all. The airplane was old and had no PTV screen display on the seats. Food is awful and the staff were not happy or polite. I do not recommend this airline. Next time I will pay a bit more for another company.
RouteSJU to BCN via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"not offering any service"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Milan to Bogota via Madrid. It is now the 4th day since arriving and Air Europa still hasn't been able to deliver my bags. For the last 2 days their call center says that someone will contact me to coordinate delivery but nothing. They are also unable to provide contact number of someone that would be able to help. According to their lost bag website, the bags are at the airport since yesterday. Local office in Bogota does not speak English, and there is no staff at the airport until 3pm. Losing a bag can happen but not offering any service when it happens is absolutely useless.
RouteMXP to BOG via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"highly unhappy with service"

Verified Review | Lima to Frankfurt via Madrid with Air Europa. Highly unhappy with the service. Flight was delayed 1.40h, however we still made it to get our connecting flight, but Air Europa cancelled already our tickets and booked us in the next flight without letting us know. It was Christmas and I haven't been home for 3 years so this was really important to me. Then on top, they lost our luggage. After calling several times they couldn't find it because it was nowhere checked in. The next day they called and we could pick it up. One bag, declared as fragile, was totally destroyed, the contents inside completely broken. Bad, or non existent customer service, no information during the whole time.
RouteLIM to FRA via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"such an unprofessional event"

Verified Review | On October 12th I was supposed to be flying from Miami to Palma de Majorca; however 2 days before that; I got into a severe car accident that left me injured. I informed Air Europa of my situation and provided them with the necessary medical documentation. They replied to me by email saying that I would be allow to complete the trip within 45 days from the traveling day. The next day I called again and asked if it would be possible to fly later than the given 45 days due to my injuries. He informed me that it would be possible, that the ticket was good for 1 year but I would have to pay $225 penalty fee, I said that was fine. Since I did not have an specific time for the traveling I said I would call back when I did. When I did call back to make the bookings I spoke with a rude agent who just kept telling me that in my email they had said that I had 45 days to complete the fly. I explained to her many times, that yes it said that in the email but that however, I had been told on the phone that the fly could be completed in 1 year if I pay the penalty fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she will not transfer me to a supervisor because she was the person in charge handling this phone call and that the supervisor would not be able to help me and would only tell me the same thing she told. I have never experienced such an unprofessional event with any airline.
RouteMIA to PMI via MAD
Date FlownOctober 2016

"I do not recommend"

(Finland)

Amsterdam to Santo Domingo via Madrid with Air Europa. Our flight from Amsterdam was 2.5 hours late. On arrival into Madrid our connection flight had gone and nobody was there to assist. Told to go to the Air Europa customer service desk - only 2 staff working and 200-300 people waiting. It took almost 8-hours of waiting before it was our turn to got some information - a terrible situation. Next flight 2 days later, so we lost 2 days of our holiday in Santo Domingo. I do not recommend.
RouteAMS to SDQ via MAD