Airline of the Year

Air Europa

"Very good service"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Madrid. Very good service for a short flight. 50 Minutes with an amazing service for Business and great food. Good service on board also vs competition. Seat also with great space in the first row. Magazines and newspapers (not available in TAP for example).
RouteLisbon to Madrid

"price is affordable"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Madrid to Guayaquil. Good service - they have a good service in Business class. WIFI works badly. Food is great they have even this Detox juices. Old seats, don't expect in this route to go flat. But price is affordable. Old TV, and the programs can be dramatically better.
RouteMadrid to Guayaquil
Date FlownMay 2017

"delayed more than 5 hours"

Verified Review | On 8/5/2017 I flew with Air Europa from Amsterdam with final destination Guayaquil. At Madrid airport we were delayed more than 5 hours because they hadn't arranged a plane for the scheduled flight. To begin with, there was no personnel responsible for informing us of the long delay. It was not enough that we were left waiting for about 5 hours without any official explanation from the company, but the personnel were incredibly rude with all the passengers. Instead of reassuring and calming us they were provocative and offensive against passengers.
RouteAmsterdam to Guayaquil via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2017

"very poor customer service"

Verified Review | UX flights Paris Orly to Madrid and Madrid to Alicante. The first flight from ORY to MAD was late. Eventually I arrived to MAD at 13:50, and boarding for the next flight to ALC was scheduled for 14:05. On board of my flight to Madrid nobody could give me any information about my connection, even about the gate number. Upon my arrival in MAD it turned out that the next flight to ALC disappeared from the screens. At the UX transfer desk (poorly marked) a very relaxed staff member told me the flight to ALC was 'on hold' and that she had no clue if it would eventually take place. I went to the lounge (I am a gold AF member) and around 14:50 I was told the flight was about to board. No extra explanations, just an arrogant 'hurry up'. In sum, even though UX is a SkyTeam member, its service is way worse than on Transavia and way worse than on KL or AF. I was on AirEuropa flights for a number of times, mostly on intra-EU flights. UX is a no-frills airline with a very poor customer service.
AircraftBoeing 737 / ATR72
RouteParis Orly to Alicante via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2017

"completely unprepared for this"

Verified Review | Our flight from Lima to Madrid, which was scheduled to take off at 1020 am, was delayed 19 hours, presumably because of a mechanical problem (weather was fine). The plane actually took off about 45 minutes late, and circled around for about 45 minutes before landing again. We waited for an hour or so at the gate and then until 5pm at a different gate. Part of this process was getting another passport stamp to indicate that we never left Peru. Some passengers (there were not enough for all) were served sandwiches and drinks. At 5 pm we were taken by bus to get our checked bags. We were not informed about what to do after that. In answer to our questions near the check-in desk, we were told to wait in a huge line, which at present looks like it will take about 2 to 3 hours. This is for hotel and food vouchers, which we might have by 8 pm. We will then be bused to a hotel, and will need to be back in the airport by 2am, to catch a plane by 5am at the earliest. At no time were we fully informed of the situation with the plane or our arrangements, or any plan. While the airline personnel did try and were friendly enough, they were always overwhelmed. It's as though the airline was completely unprepared for this, and as if passenger comfort and time is of absolutely no importance.
RouteLima to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Madrid to Cancun. Air France couldn't fly me to the connecting flight from Paris to Cancun so they flew me to Madrid saying that my connection to Cancun will be operated by AeroMexico. This flight was however operated by Air Europa. My worst flight and not a pleasant experience. The lunch was nice though but the ground staff is unorganized, the flight attendants were confused, there are no screens on Economy seats. The WiFi is nice and you can catch only two television shows on your personal tablet/phone (which is counted as in-flight entertainment). If you run out of battery then you're out of luck. The cockpit announcements in English were barely audible. Leg space is awful. Besides, they "forgot" to put my bag on the plane and it was stuck in Madrid for two days. The Air Europa representative at Cancun was very helpful though who made sure that I received my bag at my local address in Mexico. The plane itself seemed old. I would never fly with this carrier ever again. Only good things are WiFi on-board and the nice lunch they served.
RouteMadrid to Cancun

"extremely unhelpful"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Yesterday we flew with Air Europa from Madrid to Palma Mallorca. I was travelling with 3 kids (one baby of 4 months) and 2 adults. People from Air Europa on the ground were extremely unhelpful. It is amazing that they don’t allow priority boarding when you are travelling with small kids and fully loaded with luggage. In addition to this, they were quite rude when explaining things! I guess they didn’t realize that the flight was delayed (as almost every time I have flown with this airline). It was a short period trip so I was carrying all the luggage of my family. No one from the crew helped me out with it (they didn’t even offer). It was my 4 year daughter that was the one who had to help me as I could not carry the luggage inside the aircraft (through the corridor). After this “great” experience, I will do my best to avoid travelling with Air Europa ever again and I strongly recommend not doing so to other customers.
RouteMadrid to Palma Mallorca

"worst transatlantic experience"

Verified Review | Madrid to New York JFK on 19th March. There were no seat-back IFEs as stated on the web. only fold down LCDs every few rows that played mostly UX ads. Unacceptable in 2017. Aircraft was extremely worn and my headrest kept falling off. Food was terrible quality. Actually served saltines, pasta with red sauce. However I thought the seats had ample recline and since they were so old they had the quality and comfort of a well worn couch. I would say it's like flying Southwest transatlantic. Easily the worst transatlantic experience I have ever had the displeasure. Will be staying away from Air Europa in the future.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMadrid to New York
Date FlownMarch 2017

"never choose this airline again"

Verified Review | I had booked a flight with Air Europa from Malaga to Paris in October and I was denied boarding at the airport. I had previously tried to check in online but it was not possible. After being denied boarding I was offered a flight which would give me a sleep over in Barcelona and it would make me 24hrs delayed to Paris. I was also offered 250 Euros as compensation. I never got any money from the airline and after being in contact with customer service multiple times they tell me there is nothing they can do. I find the service insanely bad and I will never choose this airline again.
RouteParis to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | I was pleasantly surprised by this flight experience with Air Europa business class. From Barcelona to Madrid and then to São Paulo, both flights were on time. On the long haul, the plane seem quite new. As soon as I got in, the flight attendant offered me the option to move to a more quiet seat on the cabin (next to the window with no one on the adjacent seat). The dinner was good, so was the wine selection. The movie selection was short but some of this year's Oscar nominees were available. And most importantly: the seat reclined to a completely horizontal flat bed, so I slept around 8 hours. A couple of details to be improved: there was no actual priority boarding on the ground, and they didn't provide a bottled water after dinner (I'm sure they would have done by request though).
RouteBCN to GRU via MAD