Top 100 Airports

Air Europa

"overall satisfied with my experience"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Bogotá to Amsterdam via Madrid. I'm very satisfied with my Air Europa flight. The first aircraft was big, clean and modern. It was an almost 10 hour flight, so comfort is everything. There was a good selection of entertainment. Dinner was good, breakfast was okay. Flight attendants were polite. I got the tickets at half the price of what other companies expected. Unfortunately the flight was a little delayed and I almost missed my second connection in Madrid. Besides that I'm overall satisfied with my first Air Europa experience and would choose to fly them again.
RouteBOG to AMS via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"you would expect some kind of service"

(Spain)

Verified Review | After reading reviews I thought, could it be that bad for just a short European flight? Well, I regret ever spending my well-collected miles for a flight with them. Number one problem? Communication. Departing from Amsterdam with a delay a little less than 1 hour (which is doable) because of what? We will never know. No apologies were given. The good thing is that Amsterdam airport has a good mobile app and provides a lot of information so you always know upfront that your flight is delayed and gives opportunities to adjust plans. All set, finally in the plane. After a while you would expect some kind of service, maybe a drink, a small bite. Well, this is not to be expected with Air Europa. I know it was a 'short' flight but KLM for example always offers a drink, sandwich and a muffin. I ended up paying for a can of sparkling water plus potato chips which then was being charged as separate items since the crew don't remember the package deals. After a calm flight we arrived at Madrid airport, too late of course and I had just about 30 minutes to change gates. Once at the correct gate, everybody was already in line since boarding was about to start at that hour. Nothing happened for 2 hours. No announcement, no information, nothing. Finally the boarding started after 1 crew member was being dropped off by a bus just 10 minutes before, making it look like we were all waiting 2 hours for this lady to arrive. Once in the plane, the captain actually spoke to us and informed us they were having a technical error which has been fully resolved now and we could fly safely to Barcelona. OK, all good, so why were we still stuck with toilets closed, inside the plane for another hour? Everybody was hot, thirsty, in need of a pee etc, passengers were getting angry. During take-off the pilot flew straight into a thunderstorm, the turbulence wasn't very helpful. Traffic control 'forgot' to change the route? Once in the air, again no gestures.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 & A330-200
RouteAMS to BCN via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"food was not very pleasant"

London to Sao Paulo via Madrid with Air Europa. Flights delayed both at Gatwick and Madrid - in Madrid no information was provided for the reason. Once on board (1 hour late) the service was good but the seat was very uncomfortable and the food was not very pleasant. The inflight staff were attentive but unable to explain the delays. The cabin and washrooms were quite dirty - I found a half eaten packet of nuts down the side of my seat. The menu was basic with various forms of salad provided, the best meal was breakfast and even that had salad with it. Good selection of films but an older IFE system with smaller screens which were fixed to the seat in front.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLGW to GRU via MAD

"was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | London to Miami via Madrid. I was prepared for all case scenarios - pay for food onboard, small cramped seats, old toilets, missed connecting flight, long delays and lost luggages. However was pleasantly surprised - flights were on time, seats were actually comfy. Food wasn't horribly bad and you didn't have to pay for it. However either you brought your own headphones or had to buy cheap headphones. Toilets were clean - you weren't provided an overnight case (I wasnt expecting it). Flights left on time and no delays. I was travelling with 2 small boys and it went very smoothly. Staff onboard were very friendly and kind. In fact I saw an air steward collecting a sick bag and then going up and down offering sick bags as we were circling for about an hour before landing. Air stewards and stewardess were very professional, kind and friendly.
RouteLGW to MIA via MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight crew were friendly"

Overall pleasant flight with Air Europa from London Gatwick to Madrid Barajas with a small delay at the beginning. Once arrived to Madrid, we waited 2 hours for our luggage, but I think this is the airports responsibility. The flight crew were friendly, I would say not much more then average. I want to warn anybody willing to fly with this airline that you need to pay an extra €15 fee for luggage under about 20kg.
AircraftEmbraer 195LR
RouteLGW to MAD
Date FlownAugust 2016

"I was very pleasantly surprised"

I flew from Miami to Rome via Madrid and then back 1 month later. My experience with Air Europa was nothing but pleasant, even with the small delays I suffered on the way there (one of which was the fault of the airplane using the gate before us in Madrid, not AE). The plane for the overseas flight seemed almost brand new with decent in-flight food, awesome entertainment, the flight attendants were great and professional, despite a language barrier (I speak very little Spanish). The Madrid to Rome plane was older and not as nice, but the flight was still just fine. I scored a very cheap ticket for this trip, which set my expectations low, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I would definitely fly Air Europa again.
RouteMIA to FCO via MAD
Date FlownMay 2016

"never had such terrible flight"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | São Paulo to Madrid to Lisbon. I've never had such terrible flight experience. The plane was dirty, my seat had a greasy face print at the window and the chairs had a strange smell, and there was no PTV. I tried to remember the last time I took a 10 hour international flight with no individual tvs or entertaining, may be 20 years ago! When I tried to connect the headphones (my own, cause you had to buy theirs for 3 euros!) the sound didn't work. The lunch tasted disgusting and badly cooked. I am a vegetarian so I asked for the pasta: a block of pasta with really sour tomato sauce and cheese. At least they served good Spanish wine (but after 3 hours of flight it was over) breakfast was something else, the old cold sandwich had cheese wrapped in ham, which made it impossible for a veggie to eat it.
RouteSão Paulo to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2016

"was a very pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Brussels to Bogota via Madrid and back to Amsterdam with Air Europa four weeks later. It was a very pleasant experience. Crew was very friendly and the Boeing 787 a very pleasant plane to fly. The first flight from Brussels was on a smaller Embraer, which was equally pleasant. Only the last flight from Madrid to Amsterdam was in an old A330. I had read a lot of negative reviews but these proved untrue for me. I would certainly fly this airline again.
RouteBOG to AMS via MAD
Date FlownJuly 2016

"avoid this airline at all cost"

(Monaco)

New York to Ibiza via Madrid. Air Europa is the worst airline I've ever experienced. Starting with a 2,5h delay out of New York, finally departing 30m past midnight we were still barely on time to make our connecting flight - but they just rebooked us to a later flight in Madrid giving us a 6 hour layover even though we made it to the gate of our original flight from Madrid to Ibiza. Could we board it? No, it was full. They had sold our seats and rebooked us to a late flight without asking. And yes, the late flight from Madrid to Ibiza was also delayed. Everything from customer service to the quality of the business cabin is extremely poor. I will avoid this airline at all cost.
RouteJFK to IBZ via MAD
Date FlownJuly 2016

"overall had a very pleasant flight"

I✅ Verified Review | Just flew with Air Europa to Bogota from London via Madrid and overall had a very pleasant flight. Our flight was indeed delayed (like all the reviews seem to suggest) by about an hour, and with a connection time of one hour 25 minutes I was convinced we were going to miss our connecting flight. However the flight attendants reassured us that there were many people taking the same connection as us and that the second flight would wait for us, and also that our baggage would be automatically transferred so all we had to do was walk to the next gate. The connecting flight was also delayed (fortunately) so we were in no danger at all of missing it. We ended up arriving to Bogota only about 30 minutes later than scheduled and the baggage came through quickly without any problems. The flights themselves were perfectly pleasant. The London to Madrid aircraft was a bit shabbier - for example my entertainment screen didn't work, but then I hadn't been expecting one anyway so that was fine. But there was nothing major wrong with anything. The second leg to Bogota was one of the best flights I've been on. Admittedly this was the first transatlantic flight I'd been on, and I had very low expectations from the reviews, but I was very, very pleased. The interior seemed very new and the entertainment screens were far slicker than the ones on the first flight, and with a good selection of movies and tv etc. We were given blankets and pillows (again, not much for standard airlines but for such a budget one I hadn't expected anything for free at all). We also got free soft drinks throughout (I got one free glass of wine and I overheard people being told on later rounds that it was now one euro per glass after the free one), one main meal and then another sandwich later on. Again, much more for free than I had expected. My only complaint about the whole flight was the vegetarian meal - just one slab of plain tofu on some tomato sauce with roasted veg. The veg was delicious but the tofu was so bland, and there was no carbohydrate replacement (both vegetarian and meat meals got a bread roll, but the meat meal also had a carb component in the main meal). I also got fruit instead of a cake for dessert (I realise this is because the vegetarian meal was also suitable for vegans) which was a nice refreshing change on a flight, but it left me hungry because I had also missed out on carbs with the main. The vegetarian sandwich later on was filled with Spanish potato tortilla which was really tasty. I had come on this flight with the lowest of low expectations, but even if I hadn't read these reviews beforehand I think I would still have been very happy with the service I received. Obviously I got lucky by not missing my connection or having my luggage lost like so many others, but I want to provide a balanced view to those experiences so that people who have just bought a flight with Air Europa don't panic as much as I did.
RouteLGW to BOG via MAD