Air Europa

"never fly them again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to New York via Madrid. Although the bad reviews I thought I should give it a try due to their low prices, but I should have known better. Flights were ok, food and drinks as well, flight attendants were nice as well but customer service one big chaos, no communication at all, very rude and unpolite staff. We had a delay of 24 hours in Madrid and they were like ´yes, it happens, here you have a complaint form, next please´ and didn´t have any compassion at all, no help, no reaction on email, telephone or complaint forms, Nothing! Finally after 24 hours next flight to JFK (New York) were we found out they lost all our Luggage! Made report at lost and found, went to swissport which did the handling but nothing found. We had to call to the number on the report and if the bags would be found they should send them over by Fedex, everyday we called to JFK, we called to Madrid, even the hotel-staff called for us, nobody knows where the bags are, we can´t help you is their standard answer. We had to buy all things new as we didn´t have anything, not even underwear or piece of soap. Now back home, called multiple times, to New York and Madrid as well, they don´t know where the bags are, and they can´t find them in Worldtracer as well. Terrible, never fly them again. Also no onboard entertainment on a 8h flight, only some general screens in the middle which half of them didn´t work and only in Spanish.
AircraftA319 / A330
RouteBrussels to New York via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2017

"terrible organization at check-in"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Terrible organization at Air Europa check-in for my flight from Barcelona to Madrid. I arrived at check-in two hours before the scheduled departure time, finding myself at the end of a very long, snaking queue full of families with large amounts of luggage. There were no Air Europa staff directing people to the self-check-in machines, which were invisible as they were hidden behind another queue of people. After standing one hour in that slow-moving queue I caught a glimpse of the machines which finally appeared. The machines are efficient and it took me less than five minutes to get my boarding pass (I didn't have any luggage). By the time I got through security and found the gate, boarding was already underway. It's quite likely I would have missed the flight or had to make a very stressful dash for the gate had I stayed in that queue - there was at least another half an hour or more before reaching the counter. The flight itself was fine. We were bussed to the plane, a spacious and clean 787 which shook and rattled for much of the journey. WiFi was available, as was entertainment on personal screens including maps. The seats are quite comfortable with reasonable legroom - certainly no complaints for a 1 hour flight. They made an attempt with a buy-on-board service but the flight is so short and the plane so large that they didn't reach where I was seated. A strong point is that cabin staff were numerous and visible, they double and even triple checked seat belts and other security regulations. Early arrival in Madrid.
RouteBarcelona to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2017

"very good flight attendants"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Barcelona to São Paulo via Madrid with Air Europa. Very good flight attendants. I was not expecting too much for this flight, and I was really pleased to see such a good seats - however, it is missing storage to keep items during the flight. Food wasn't at the level of a business, but it is not an issue, during the stop, we enjoyed the very good lounge.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBarcelona to São Paulo via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2017

"some of the friendliest crew"

Verified Review | Flew Air Europa from Madrid to New York JFK. The cabin crew were some of the friendliest crew I have come across. They went out of their way with a smile, patience and humor. I had a personal health issue and had to exit the aircraft asap upon landing and they completely understood and offered to get me assistance upon exiting the aircraft. Couldn't have been nicer.
RouteMadrid to New York JFK

"Very good service"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Madrid. Very good service for a short flight. 50 Minutes with an amazing service for Business and great food. Good service on board also vs competition. Seat also with great space in the first row. Magazines and newspapers (not available in TAP for example).
RouteLisbon to Madrid

"price is affordable"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Madrid to Guayaquil. Good service - they have a good service in Business class. WIFI works badly. Food is great they have even this Detox juices. Old seats, don't expect in this route to go flat. But price is affordable. Old TV, and the programs can be dramatically better.
RouteMadrid to Guayaquil
Date FlownMay 2017

"delayed more than 5 hours"

Verified Review | On 8/5/2017 I flew with Air Europa from Amsterdam with final destination Guayaquil. At Madrid airport we were delayed more than 5 hours because they hadn't arranged a plane for the scheduled flight. To begin with, there was no personnel responsible for informing us of the long delay. It was not enough that we were left waiting for about 5 hours without any official explanation from the company, but the personnel were incredibly rude with all the passengers. Instead of reassuring and calming us they were provocative and offensive against passengers.
RouteAmsterdam to Guayaquil via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2017

"very poor customer service"

Verified Review | UX flights Paris Orly to Madrid and Madrid to Alicante. The first flight from ORY to MAD was late. Eventually I arrived to MAD at 13:50, and boarding for the next flight to ALC was scheduled for 14:05. On board of my flight to Madrid nobody could give me any information about my connection, even about the gate number. Upon my arrival in MAD it turned out that the next flight to ALC disappeared from the screens. At the UX transfer desk (poorly marked) a very relaxed staff member told me the flight to ALC was 'on hold' and that she had no clue if it would eventually take place. I went to the lounge (I am a gold AF member) and around 14:50 I was told the flight was about to board. No extra explanations, just an arrogant 'hurry up'. In sum, even though UX is a SkyTeam member, its service is way worse than on Transavia and way worse than on KL or AF. I was on AirEuropa flights for a number of times, mostly on intra-EU flights. UX is a no-frills airline with a very poor customer service.
AircraftBoeing 737 / ATR72
RouteParis Orly to Alicante via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2017

"completely unprepared for this"

Verified Review | Our flight from Lima to Madrid, which was scheduled to take off at 1020 am, was delayed 19 hours, presumably because of a mechanical problem (weather was fine). The plane actually took off about 45 minutes late, and circled around for about 45 minutes before landing again. We waited for an hour or so at the gate and then until 5pm at a different gate. Part of this process was getting another passport stamp to indicate that we never left Peru. Some passengers (there were not enough for all) were served sandwiches and drinks. At 5 pm we were taken by bus to get our checked bags. We were not informed about what to do after that. In answer to our questions near the check-in desk, we were told to wait in a huge line, which at present looks like it will take about 2 to 3 hours. This is for hotel and food vouchers, which we might have by 8 pm. We will then be bused to a hotel, and will need to be back in the airport by 2am, to catch a plane by 5am at the earliest. At no time were we fully informed of the situation with the plane or our arrangements, or any plan. While the airline personnel did try and were friendly enough, they were always overwhelmed. It's as though the airline was completely unprepared for this, and as if passenger comfort and time is of absolutely no importance.
RouteLima to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Madrid to Cancun. Air France couldn't fly me to the connecting flight from Paris to Cancun so they flew me to Madrid saying that my connection to Cancun will be operated by AeroMexico. This flight was however operated by Air Europa. My worst flight and not a pleasant experience. The lunch was nice though but the ground staff is unorganized, the flight attendants were confused, there are no screens on Economy seats. The WiFi is nice and you can catch only two television shows on your personal tablet/phone (which is counted as in-flight entertainment). If you run out of battery then you're out of luck. The cockpit announcements in English were barely audible. Leg space is awful. Besides, they "forgot" to put my bag on the plane and it was stuck in Madrid for two days. The Air Europa representative at Cancun was very helpful though who made sure that I received my bag at my local address in Mexico. The plane itself seemed old. I would never fly with this carrier ever again. Only good things are WiFi on-board and the nice lunch they served.
RouteMadrid to Cancun