Vote Now

Air Europa

"not a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Madrid to Cancun. Air France couldn't fly me to the connecting flight from Paris to Cancun so they flew me to Madrid saying that my connection to Cancun will be operated by AeroMexico. This flight was however operated by Air Europa. My worst flight and not a pleasant experience. The lunch was nice though but the ground staff is unorganized, the flight attendants were confused, there are no screens on Economy seats. The WiFi is nice and you can catch only two television shows on your personal tablet/phone (which is counted as in-flight entertainment). If you run out of battery then you're out of luck. The cockpit announcements in English were barely audible. Leg space is awful. Besides, they "forgot" to put my bag on the plane and it was stuck in Madrid for two days. The Air Europa representative at Cancun was very helpful though who made sure that I received my bag at my local address in Mexico. The plane itself seemed old. I would never fly with this carrier ever again. Only good things are WiFi on-board and the nice lunch they served.
RouteMadrid to Cancun

"extremely unhelpful"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Yesterday we flew with Air Europa from Madrid to Palma Mallorca. I was travelling with 3 kids (one baby of 4 months) and 2 adults. People from Air Europa on the ground were extremely unhelpful. It is amazing that they don’t allow priority boarding when you are travelling with small kids and fully loaded with luggage. In addition to this, they were quite rude when explaining things! I guess they didn’t realize that the flight was delayed (as almost every time I have flown with this airline). It was a short period trip so I was carrying all the luggage of my family. No one from the crew helped me out with it (they didn’t even offer). It was my 4 year daughter that was the one who had to help me as I could not carry the luggage inside the aircraft (through the corridor). After this “great” experience, I will do my best to avoid travelling with Air Europa ever again and I strongly recommend not doing so to other customers.
RouteMadrid to Palma Mallorca

"worst transatlantic experience"

Verified Review | Madrid to New York JFK on 19th March. There were no seat-back IFEs as stated on the web. only fold down LCDs every few rows that played mostly UX ads. Unacceptable in 2017. Aircraft was extremely worn and my headrest kept falling off. Food was terrible quality. Actually served saltines, pasta with red sauce. However I thought the seats had ample recline and since they were so old they had the quality and comfort of a well worn couch. I would say it's like flying Southwest transatlantic. Easily the worst transatlantic experience I have ever had the displeasure. Will be staying away from Air Europa in the future.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMadrid to New York
Date FlownMarch 2017

"never choose this airline again"

Verified Review | I had booked a flight with Air Europa from Malaga to Paris in October and I was denied boarding at the airport. I had previously tried to check in online but it was not possible. After being denied boarding I was offered a flight which would give me a sleep over in Barcelona and it would make me 24hrs delayed to Paris. I was also offered 250 Euros as compensation. I never got any money from the airline and after being in contact with customer service multiple times they tell me there is nothing they can do. I find the service insanely bad and I will never choose this airline again.
RouteParis to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | I was pleasantly surprised by this flight experience with Air Europa business class. From Barcelona to Madrid and then to São Paulo, both flights were on time. On the long haul, the plane seem quite new. As soon as I got in, the flight attendant offered me the option to move to a more quiet seat on the cabin (next to the window with no one on the adjacent seat). The dinner was good, so was the wine selection. The movie selection was short but some of this year's Oscar nominees were available. And most importantly: the seat reclined to a completely horizontal flat bed, so I slept around 8 hours. A couple of details to be improved: there was no actual priority boarding on the ground, and they didn't provide a bottled water after dinner (I'm sure they would have done by request though).
RouteBCN to GRU via MAD
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"all four flights delayed"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Palma de Mallorca to Barcelona. I've flown with Air Europa four times this week, and all four flights have been 2-2.5 hours delayed. They offer no water or explanation. Air Europa might be cheap but with a total of 9 hours wasted in one week, it's all of a sudden not so economical to fly with Air Europa.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Barcelona
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"quite happy with our service"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Havana return via Madrid. Having seen a few very negative reviews on here, I anticipated my trip with some trepidation, however I needn't have been worried. On both outward and return my wife and I experienced a good level of service from the air crews, who were polite and friendly. The Gatwick to Madrid service was like anything I have experienced with Easyjet/Norwegian, quite straightforward. No issues with boarding. On the outward journey we were an hour late taking off despite boarding in good time, this was apparently due to the amounty of luggage being loaded on (having seen what was being checked in for the pre-Christmas flight I could believe that) however we had no issue with the transfer at Madrid. We had an A330 for the Cuban leg, and I have seen comments about the quality of this plane on this site, but our planes both ways were in very good condition, no problems with toilets etc, other than the flight entertainment screens which were a bit past their best. Legroom was OK, nothing special, I'm 6 foot and found it comfortable enough to get some sleep. Food outward bound to Cuba was not bad (I had the beef option rather than risk the pasta!), food on the way back was a little dried up (probably travelled all the way from Madrid) but we got served champagne on the way home as it was New Years Eve, and the morning bacon roll hit the spot, it would have been nice to have milk not powdered creamer for our drinks, but not exactly a deal breaker!. On our flight home from Cuba the crew had to deal with a passenger who passed out walking down the aisle, which they did quite competently. A lot of the poor comments on this site seem to stem from lost luggage and the response, or missed flights, but we had no problems with our hold luggage so can't comment. Overall quite happy with our service, and felt it was good value for money, would happily use Air Europa again
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330
RouteLGW to HAV via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"came prepared with my own food"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Havana return via Madrid. Happily myself and my luggage got to the destination (HAV) and the return to LGW together which is the main aim. Three flights of 4 late, the good thing was, as all flights were with Air Europa, the link was there both for me and my luggage. On both LGW - MAD and return flights there were just 2 loos at the rear of the plane for all passengers, except the 12 who were in Business class on the journey out, it was empty on return - still could not use loos. Went to loo, got stuck behind trolleys, made 2 new friends and went to loo twice as was stuck for so long. Staff made no attempt to recognise the issue. Poor service and food on Madrid to Havana flight out. I asked for milk with my tea and was told I could only have powdered creamer as 'milk was a security threat / risk'. Not sure how the other liquid beverages get through? Pizza had ham on it, the steward was insisting it was 'turkey'. Return Havana to Madrid flight the cheese pasta was gross, again no veggie option for the snack - hot ham roll. For such long flights I came prepared with my own food, water and entertainment, I would highly recommend all others follow suit.
RouteLGW to HAV via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"had no PTV screen display"

(Spain)

Verified Review | San Juan to Barcelona via Madrid. I had to pay 150€ to check in my sports equipment and found it damaged when collecting it at the arrival. They don't accept any responsibility and are not helpful at all. The airplane was old and had no PTV screen display on the seats. Food is awful and the staff were not happy or polite. I do not recommend this airline. Next time I will pay a bit more for another company.
RouteSJU to BCN via MAD
Date FlownDecember 2016

"not offering any service"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Milan to Bogota via Madrid. It is now the 4th day since arriving and Air Europa still hasn't been able to deliver my bags. For the last 2 days their call center says that someone will contact me to coordinate delivery but nothing. They are also unable to provide contact number of someone that would be able to help. According to their lost bag website, the bags are at the airport since yesterday. Local office in Bogota does not speak English, and there is no staff at the airport until 3pm. Losing a bag can happen but not offering any service when it happens is absolutely useless.
RouteMXP to BOG via MAD