Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Flew Vancouver to Toronto after doing a whirlwind trip which included flights on United Hawaiian and New Zealand Airlines as well and found Air Canada to be better than United but nowhere near as good as Hawaiian or New Zealand. Flight attendant was not helpful she wasn't rude but she wasn't any where near friendly. She would just stare at you until you said something then stare at the next flyer not even acknowledge she had heard correctly then started handing out drinks. A simple "What would you like miss/sir?" is all that is required but that was too much for her. Customer service is important to me and when it lacks it severely diminishes my views on the product quality of a company.

Air Canada customer review

Flew YVR-HKG return Executive First in September/October. Both flights were really comfortable with flat seats for sleeping. Services were also good on the plane and at check-ins but the food on the plane was really bad. The airport lounges served better food than on the plane! So feed yourself in the lounges before boarding!

(Bhutan)

AC002 NRT-YYZ. Dated cabin. Rushed service. Indifferent attitude. What can I say? Who needs flight attendants in J class telling you that you cannot have your meal a bit later after the regular service? A crew member in my aisle said no dinner is now. After I politely said that I'd rather eat a bit later (13 hour flight) she replied ok you can wait but it might be cold. She then proceeds to unfold my tray when I am away from my seat. Unfortunately she didn't put my tray completely flat being in such a big rush to keep to her schedule and not wanting to disturb her routine”so on the first use of my knife my entire tray goes flying sending food into the guy across the aisle from me. There I am on the floor picking up bits of food and apologizing to my neighbor. Not good. Honestly when you book a couple days before departure and your ticket (one way) costs US$6200 you can eat when you want. Old outdated audio/visual. Main meal looked like the dogs breakfast. Never again.

Air Canada customer review

Long distance flight to London the TV did not work nor did the reading lights in our section of the plane so we sat for 9 hours in the dark. On the way home we were offered salmon or beef meals but the salmon ran out almost immediately nd the plug on the armrest for sound on the TV was blocked. We were offered 5% off our next Air Canada flight in the next year as compensation. The overall impression is they just don't care.

Air Canada customer review

First trip on Air Canada Rouge Cancun - Toronto October 26. Was interested to see how this new airline looks up close and was surprised at how awful the FA uniforms look in person. The colours are not flattering to any skin or hair colour the bowler hats are ridiculous and they just look downright cheap. The skinny hairbands don't help either. The FA's are very young and void of personality they have no senior co-workers to emulate and it shows. They look lost. They hardly spoke to the passengers and I heard one passenger comment as we left the aircraft that was the quietest flight crew they ever experienced. The aircraft is bare bones the bulkhead doesn't even go up to the ceiling so you are constantly looking into the galley. The seating is so tight a 29 inch pitch it should be illegal in the name of safety. Got off the flight and on to an Air Canada mainline flight to Vancouver. What a difference! The FA's may be older but they look experienced professional and confident and seem to be enjoying their jobs. I guess it's true you get what you pay for and Rouge is paying peanuts to these kids. The airfare was no bargain either so in future will avoid Rouge at all costs.

Air Canada customer review

YVR-YYZ and YUL-YVR I had a great couple of flights and AC continue to improve their service. Breakfast in the Lounge was great in Vancouver as was lunch in the lounge in Montreal. The FA were a friendly crew and very attentive. In particular a woman serving us on our flight back to YVR was great. I appreciated the selection on the IFE and they made the 5 hour flight go by quickly. I fly AC regularly and the staff seem much happier these days. They even switched aircraft from a 320 to a 321 as they has so many passengers heading to Vancouver.

Air Canada customer review

YVR to SYD Jan 24 2013 Flight was delayed from 23.45 to 02.45 so forked out $50 for Maple leaf lounge which was utterly disappointing. The flight attendants were the best I've come across on a round the world trip. There was a good selection of inflight movies and airshow map was also good. Food was horrible and worse than some low cost carriers. The seat was comfortable and have good legroom. Would fly again.

Air Canada customer review

Flew to Calgary on Oct 11 with a connecting flight through Vancouver with no major glaring problems. Flights were on time even a bit early. I usually fly with WestJet so I'm used to friendly flight attendants. Boarding this flight was quite a shock. The flight attendant at the front of the plane had a scowl on her face and didn't reply when I greeted her. Later during the in-flight service the same flight attendant asked me if I wanted pretzels. I said "no no pretzels thank you" and she didn't offer me a drink at all. I had to her co-worker for a drink and she looked annoyed that I asked. Cleanliness of the cabin was so-so. The floors were clear and there was no garbage in my seat pocket but the window I was sitting next to was coated in what I assume to be facial grease. Delicious. I'm currently preparing for my flights tomorrow and they have both been cancelled and delayed and now I have a layover in Vancouver for several hours. Even though Air Canada is offering other flights to my destination at an earlier time with several available seats they refused to change my flights. I booked my flights a day early to avoid missing mandatory engagements at my final destination due to many of my friends flying with Air Canada and sharing their horror stories about the service and cancellations/delays. I think its sad that a supposedly professional business can operate in such a manner. Air Canada needs to take lessons from WestJet or CMA on how to manage their passengers and timing schedule if they want my business again.

Air Canada customer review

YYT-LHR 11 Oct 2013 and LHR-YYT 21 Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. My only complaint with AC is the lack of legroom in economy (I'm 6'2) but I've come to expect this. The IFE is top-notch staff service was great and overall a very professional service. It was fun to cross the Atlantic in an A319.

Air Canada customer review

Toronto to Varadero. If you are tall 5 ft 10 and over and a little fluffy you will not fit in the seats. I am short 5 ft 4 and not fluffy and I was cramped the seat in front of me felt like it was only 12 inches away from my face. I can not even think of booking Air Canada rouge for my family to fly anywhere as my hubby and son are over 6 feet tall. If you want food entertainment Wifi or a beer all cost and payable with Credit card. My return flight was an hour and half late with no explanation I had a customs form that needed to be filled out and since we left at 11.45 at night it would of been nice to get that form at the start of the flight not at the end of flight when I was woken up and not had my brain intact. The darn seats are cramped for me to purchase again on Air Canada Rouge it would have to be a flight of last resort. Never again.