Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Winnipeg to Toronto - this flight was the same as for all prior trips on AC. Staff were at best lifeless and indifferent. Some were outright haughty. At the end of the trip one is left with the impression that AC staff are taking their frustrations out on the passengers. I don't have the same experience when I fly the competition (Westjet). AC management might try some positive motivation with their staff before they chase away more customers.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ to SYD via YVR in business class aboard 777-200 LR. Toronto to Vancouver leg was standard domestic business class experience. Ok food good entertainment nice service. Vancouver to Sydney was excellent. Nothing to complain about at all. Service was superb. Great meal service and a well stocked galley for between meal snacks. Tried the dim sum chicken breast skewers and fruit - all good. The pod seating is very comfortable. What really impressed was that the washrooms were so clean throughout the entire 15 hour flight. I used them frequently and they were always spotless. Air Canada really stepped it up on their international business class. To give you a comparison I've flown Singapore Airlines a few times and on this long haul flight Air Canada was even better (in both directions). I hope economy class had a good experience as well.

Air Canada customer review

London Heathrow to Vancouver 28 Feb 2014 and AC855. Terrible customer service our flight was delayed by eight hours then diverted and we were not even told about the diversion until after we boarded and by then it was too late to get on a different flight. No-one apologised staff were rude to passengers who asked for information I've never flown with such a rude group of staff. Our return journey was on time and we were in a higher cabin class yet the staff were still rude both at the airport and on board.

Air Canada customer review

Mar 16 2014 YVR-HKG and Apr 1 2014 HKG-YVR - Travel in economy class. In-Flight Entertainment is excellent but the seat is terrible narrow and very uncomfortable. Of all these years I have been travelled with Air Canada this high density B777-300 aircraft is the worst pick from Air Canada. I could tell the crews were not happy about it as they walked by warning us the elbow and leg inside the seat as they always hitting the passengers. I would highly not recommend this route to anyone.

Air Canada customer review

Vancouver to Hawaii flight delayed 2 hours. Hawaii to Vancouver flight delayed 2 hours we also missed our connecting flight so another 2 hour wait. Assigned the two seats on the emergency exit and froze all the way to Vancouver. We are 71 and 73 years old and not able to operate these doors. I paid to choose our seats but for some reason couldn't do that on this flight now we know why. The seats didn't recline and were uncomfortable. We will never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada customer review

YVR to LHR return. Both flights quite satisfactory even with 100% full plane on return trip. All staff keen and some put out real effort. Two issues: Very poor food on return trip. Not really edible at all and the plane was a few minutes late in LHR with getting a landing slot. We went merrily to the Maple Leaf arrivals lounge for a shower and a bit of food after the flight. We got there at 12.45 and was told it was closed for showers and limited for food. It says it closes at 1.30 and we thought there was plenty of time for both. Staff were lifeless. Very disappointing.

Air Canada customer review

We recently were on a flight from Los Cabos BCS Mexico to Toronto. We departed Mexico just after noon for our 5 hour flight. Not long after take off the staff proceeded to sell food. We were seated towards the rear of the plane and therefore expected to have slim pickings from the menu. We did not expect a total sell out of meals. We had a choice of a few snack items such as chocolate bar chips twizzlers and nuts. According to staff they sold out after 1st class and had to even sell off staff meals. I think it's unacceptable that the airline cannot better predict the amount of meals that are required for a 5 hour flight.

Air Canada customer review

I travelled from Toronto to Sydney via Vancouver. Vancouver to Sydney is the longest journey possible. I had many choices through the US but I decided against it and I bought a ticket that was more expensive than other airlines. My experience was horrible. Food was bad staff were rude and I even tried to upgrade and they said that it was not allowed. Last but not the least I strongly recommend other airlines for long distance travel.

Air Canada customer review

Los Angeles - Vancouver full Embraer E190 was a very pleasant flight despite the time late at night. The service was great and very friendly. Overall the aircraft was good and fairly new with spacious seats arrangements of 2 and 2 and great entertainment system (though the TV's could use a bit of improvement). Onboard cafe was overall normal and the menu selection was good. The terminal's Air Canada operated out of were efficient and my bags came out very fast. Turn around time was fast. Things that need improving the plane needed to be a bit cleaner and the boarding lines need to be organized more. But Overall it was one of the best airline experience I had on a trans- continental flight.

Air Canada customer review

LAX-YYV-CDG on 14 March. Check in good rapid friendly. Boarding take off smooth appreciated the idea of rear passenger loading first saves all the usual hassle why don't others do it after Business of course! Negative was the fact that the "domestic" classed flight from LAX to YYV which takes almost 5 hrs - no food was available most of the snacks neither. Very poor considering I had 3 children and 5 hrs is not short. Later on the YYV-CDG leg food was poor and "breakfast" was a slice of banana bread...do they think we are all monkeys? Poor and the main reason I will avoid AC in the future even the Canadian Air Transat does better. Flight was otherwise ok staff not overly friendly or young; have done this route regular with Air France KLM United Delta and Lufthansa.