Air Canada

"food absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Vancouver. Departure delayed at both ends of trip without notification, explanation or apology. Makeshift check out counters with luggage scales that didn’t work. Limited range of inflight entertainment and useless headphones. To top it all off, the food was absolutely terrible! Cashing in on a popular holiday route with expensive tickets and woeful service! Never again.
RouteSydney to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"cabin crew were on point"

Trip Verified | Flew Los Angeles to Vancouver. Great Experience. Once you get past the chaos of the boarding area at LAX the trip was really good. Flight was on time and cabin crew were on point. Good meal service and the flight attendants worked the cabin the entire time. Seats were older but still comfortable for a "short" flight. AC does a better job on this route than AA does as AA uses the E175 on the route with little service. When flying this route, or anywhere in Canada I will be using Air Canada. Lounge at YVR was ok, not the best, but not the worst. Seat back AV needs some updating as the screens are small, but the choices were good.
RouteLos Angeles to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"clueless, uncaring, and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Our flight was cancelled last minute at the gate and were told to go to the customer service desk. However, upon arriving there, we were told to just go retrieve our luggage because the agents would not be able to help us and that we would have to call their customer service line to reschedule our flight. We were then given a card with a phone number to call to book another flight and to also book a hotel at a discount. However, upon calling the phone agent, we were told that because the cancellation was not their fault, they could not provide accommodation, even at a discount. We were also told that there would not be another direct flight out until 2 days later, although upon checking the internet, we saw that there were many other direct flights for the next day, with other airlines. The phone agent then told us that that they could not book us a flight with another airline, and that we would have to go back to the airport and speak to the desk agent. All the agents gave us different information and seemed clueless, uncaring, and unhelpful! Because of this airline's stupidity, we all lost out on a day's pay and had to drive down from Toronto to Newark so that we wouldn't miss out on another day's pay. Upon arriving back home, we found out that a friend also went through a similar experience previously with this airline.
RouteToronto to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"easily the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Flew Los Angeles to Toronto. Air Canada is easily the worst airline in the western world. How can one airline loose so many bags, be so late for so many departures and arrivals, offer the most disgusting on board food and employ the nastiest most incompetent staff and still be in business is a mystery to me. Air Canada's hatred of its customers is evident at every level of the company and can be seen in every single employee you come in contact with. Air Canada is a national disgrace and embarrassment of Canada and should be avoided at all costs. Take a plane, a boat, a train.
RouteLos Angeles to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2017

"delay made everyone exhausted"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Beijing with a 7-hour delay. The entire trip is only about 10 hours from Vancouver to Beijing China, and the long delay made everyone exhausted. As a gesture of goodwill, this airline offers everybody a 15% off promo code, however, it is only good for a month - few people would fly again within such a short timeframe. On my return trip the flight was again delayed 2+ hours, leading me to miss the connection flight I'd already booked. So I was put on the next flight leaving YVR at 5 pm to Seattle. I did not feel too bad until I learned that the new connection flight was delayed for another 1+ hour. Delay after delay, making the travel very exhausting. I will probably never fly Air Canada again.
RouteVancouver to Beijing

"Overall a good flight"

Trip Verified | Fort Myers to Toronto. Overall a good flight. The flight was delayed one hour due to weather in Toronto, and therefore the staff gave out free earphones on the airplane. They also gave free play kits to the children. The staff overall were just lovely. We landed in Toronto and we couldn’t park at a gate due to staff shortages, but the captain was very generous in keeping us updated. It was a nice, clean airplane with lots of legroom. Thumbs up Air Canada!
AircraftA321-200
RouteFort Myers to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"delayed by more than three hours"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Vancouver. Our flight was delayed by more than three hours for the second time in a row. The customer service associate did not want to hear about the connecting flight I would miss and gave a coupon for 2/3 the value of the cheapest meal one could buy at the airport— what a joke!
RouteHong Kong to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew were purposely avoiding people"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. We were delayed boarding by over 30 min. Once on the plane we left an hour and a half late. It seemed like the on board crew were purposely avoiding people and blamed the airport. We missed our connecting flight to Las Vegas along with 16 other people on our flight and got no apology from Air Canada, aparently putting us up a night in Vancouver more than makes up for a night in Vegas. I usually fly with another airline and only booked with Air Canada because it was part of the hotel package. I will happily pay more for a flight from a different airline since I felt like this happens very often and they didn't even make an attempt to try and get us there the same day.
RouteKelowna to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I try to avoid Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Munich. The experience was really poor! My first flight was 2 hours delayed and I missed my connection flight from Montreal to Munich! The plane had not yet taken off when arriving in Montreal, but due to bad communication and very slow customer service I saw my flight leaving. Luckily the agent booked me on a flight going to Munich via Geneva, this flight was already 3 hours delayed. They delayed that flight another 1.5 hours when arriving at the boarding gate. We again left more than 2 hours late, which then made me miss my connection in Geneva. Delayed plans, bad customer service, no communication, food on the airplane was bad, we got very little water to drink during a 6 hours flight and the entertainment system was old and very slow. In the future I try to avoid Air Canada.
RouteMontreal to Munich via Geneva
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"delayed an hour as usual"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Thunder Bay. Delayed an hour as usual and we were only informed 20 minutes before the flight. How is it possible for an hour and a half flight to be delayed by over 50% of its duration? Literally the worst airline I've ever flown. I'm a frequent flier making 20 flights a year internationally.
RouteToronto to Thunder Bay