Top 100 Airlines

Air Canada

"Overall very good flight"

Verified Review | Toronto to London Heathrow in Premium Economy on daytime flight on Air Canada 868 on Boeing 787 equipment. Comfortable smooth flight, on time departure, reasonably good food and drink service from competent pleasant staff. Arrival at Heathrow Terminal 2 on time and not too long a wait for luggage. Overall very good flight.
Aircraft788
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYYZ to LHR
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"flight was not that great"

Verified Review | The flight was a Lufthansa / Air Canada codeshare flight from Frankfurt to Toronto. It was my first time flying Air Canada. The flight was not that great. The movies were boring. I ordered for Asian Vegetarian Meal as a special meal request, which mostly consists of Indian food, but the food was not good. Also, since it was an 8 hour flight, they should have provided 2 meals. Although they provided lunch, which was at the start of the flight, their second meal was a refreshment, which was only a packet of nuts. Maybe a light meal towards the end of the flight was probably too much to ask. The cabin crew were quite lousy, I had to press the call button many times and they still would not come.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteFRA to YYZ

"attendants not friendly"

On a 4 hr flight from Vancouver to Toronto that wasn't cheap no snack/meal provided. Couldn't use cash or Visa debit card either. Drinks offered. Not much room for the window seat passenger to go to the toilet etc without bothering the row in front or own row. Attendants not friendly. On internationall flight x10hrs everything was great.
RouteYVR to YYZ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"experience is nothing exceptional"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Toronto to Tel Aviv. Delays in check-in process and a rude representative were followed by a $100 charge for 3kg overweight. If that wasn't enough, my luggage did not arrive, they never boarded it on the plane, and it arrives 2 days after me, and after they had me wait up until 23:30 at night to deliver it. When confronting their customer service, they shortly referred me to their creative legal terms, not even trying to address my complaint. Plenty of other options for travel. Their flight experience is nothing exceptional to cover up for anything.
RouteYYZ to TLV
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"flight attendants were friendly and professional"

Verified Review | I flew on Air Canada from Toronto to Sant John, NB last year. It was a smaller airplane Bombardier Q400. Although it was a smaller airplane the flight was quite smooth and comfortable. It was my first time on a Bombardier and I was a little uncomfortable flying such a small aircraft at first. However, it turned out to be a good experience. Flight attendants were friendly and professional. Well Done Air Canada.
AircraftDHC-400
RouteYYZ to YSJ
Date FlownDecember 2015

"solid experience, nothing special"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Montreal to Rome. This was my first flight with Air Canada and it was a mixed experience. On boarding I found the plane to be clean and well kept and the cabin crew was friendly. We hit some severe turbulence shortly after take-off so the IFE headphones were given to us only a good 40 minutes into the flight. Seats were reasonably comfortable and legroom was good for me standing only 172cm tall. IFE selection was wide and for the first time I had no trouble listening to the sound through Economy class headphones provided. What really stood out negatively was the food. I selected the pasta and it was the worst I have been served on a long haul flight. On the bright side, alcoholic beverages were complimentary. Breakfast consisted of a slice of banana bread and a cup of coffee. The bare minimum I dare say. Flight was on time and information from the cockpit plentiful. All in all the flight was a solid experience, just nothing special.
AircraftA330-300
RouteYUL to FCO

"quiet and relaxing"

Verified Review | On time. Comfy seat. Single seat by the window in a small business cabin. Quiet and relaxing. Good service and excellent food. Vancouver is great to transit, although AC's international business lounge could use an upgrade - no showers, uninspired space. Overall a good experience with Air Canada from Washington to Brisbane via Toronto.
RouteDCA to BNE via YYZ
Date FlownAugust 2016

"Air Canada has upped its game"

Verified Review | On time departure and arrival from Sydney to Vancouver. Very professional service from a friendly crew. Seating 1-2-1, so the single seat by the window is great. Air Canada has upped its game. Food very good. Use NZ lounge in Sydney which was very crowded, but then again, so was the entire airport.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteSYD to YVR
Date FlownAugust 2016

"improved their service remarkably"

(China)

Air Canada has improved their service remarkably over the past few years, adding some fresh new faces to the cabin crew lineup. We took our seats in the emergency exit row, which gave us extra legroom. The flight was approximately four hours long from Toronto to Calgary, mostly turbulent so the seatbelt sign was on most of the time, but the pilot and cabin crew did their best to keep us comfortable with regular updates and advice on when to head to the washrooms. The flight attendants were very helpful and cheery. Other than that, fairly standard beverage and snack fare, nothing memorable but nothing too horrible either. In-flight entertainment was very updated and had a wide variety of movies and TV to watch.
RouteYYZ to YYC
Date FlownJuly 2016

"no apology could satisfy me"

Toronto to London Heathrow via Montreal. Normally am pleased with smooth travel experience with Air Canada. On Aug 25, however, I checked my suitcase in and boarded the aircraft, flew in to Montreal. Had a 2.5 hour wait time until the next flight. That flight boarded ok and we landed the next morning at Heathrow, and the 'adventure' began. My suitcase did not arrive. I very nearly missed my train at the mainline station I had to travel to because I had to report the missing bag to the agent, who took my details, provided me with an information sheet and file tracking number, and told me my bag was on the next flight. Couldn't seem to tell me why. After a few follow up calls without meaningful responses from the people at the number I was given to call, as well as from the courier, I also learned that the baggage department and the courier do not communicate to each other. That needs to change! Courier delivered my suitcase directly to me 3 days after my arrival. I got a bit of a runaround obtaining information on how best to proceed with submitting my receipts for reimbursement because the form wanted me to send to an address in the UK, but I reside in Canada. I was given instructions eventually and followed that with a letter plus documentation sent off to the baggage department in Dorval, Quebec. It is unacceptable to me that the airline (or whoever it was) should arbitrarily decide who's bag arrives with them and who's does not, especially when you are flying on their largest aircraft, and particularly failing to communicate this information to the passenger. I am not impressed, I am waiting for my reimbursement, and the days of me doing business with Air Canada are now seriously numbered. I understand they do this quite regularly but it is not acceptable. You leave your luggage in their hands and this is what they do? There is no explanation, no reason or excuse, and no apology could satisfy me on this one.
RouteYYZ to LHR via YUL