Air Canada

Review by (United States) 4th August 2015

I flew IND-YYZ-YVR-PVG and PVG-YYZ-IND on the way back. Air Canada have a great international fleet. Good service aboard the long haul international flights. However, the transborder/domestic service was average compared to other airlines in the North American Area. The flight from YYZ-IND was delayed and they gave us a $10 voucher. I will fly with them the next time I go to China.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / CRJ170
RoutePVG to IND via YYZ

Review by (Canada) 30th July 2015

London to Toronto. Flight delayed 5 hrs and no explanation or food vouchers were given. When it came for boarding, ground staff were shouting at passengers. Flight was very old B767, Air Canada should stop sending these old 767's across Atlantic, entertainment system did not work for the whole flight, crew tried to reset it but it did not fix the issue, it was a very long flight to have no entertainment system. When it came to food, it was awful.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Toronto

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

We had a confirmed booking to fly from Toronto to Newark on 27 Jul 2015 by AC 768. At the time of checking in, we were shocked when they said that we were on stand by when the tickets were booked over 4 months ago. The seats were not allotted until we reached the gate, which meant we were not scheduled to fly on that plane. Unacceptable! They started serving snacks and drinks just 30 mins before landing and they only served a few rows, not all. Reason being it was time to land. So, the cabin crew did not know how long they will take to serve all passengers? Why did they even start serving? Air Canada dropped lowest in our rating considering the amount of international travel we do every year.
RouteYYZto EWR

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th July 2015

I travelled 27th July from Toronto to LHR. This was quite possibly the worst experience I have had with an airline. The plane was delayed but the main issue I had was the state of the 767-300 aircraft. The entertainment system was not working, seats were in a poor condition, WC's were in a poor state and the experience was somewhat disappointing, particularly as I paid almost £800 for the flight. I would probably not consider flying with Air Canada again based on the experience I had.
RouteYYZ to LHR

Review by (Canada) 29th July 2015

Slow check-in in Beijing. Used the Air China Business Lounge which is consistently disappointing. Flight was ready to leave the gate on time but ATC had grounded all flights due to pending thunderstorms. The captain did a stellar job keeping the passengers informed while we waited on the tarmac for 4 hours. The crew served water, juice and snacks during this time. Once airborne, the service was prompt and FA's generally friendly although a couple of them appeared to be annoyed and uninterested in their job. Dinner and breakfast were OK with reasonable number of meal and drink choices. The pods are at the end of their service life with cushions becoming inadequate for restful sleep. IFE content was mediocre and sound quality was poor. Due to the lengthy delay in Beijing, I missed my connection but the wonderfully polite and helpful agent who took my call at AC's Concierge Desk had me secured on the very last flight out and even had my boarding pass delivered to the arrival gate in Toronto. It is nice to see there are still some service-minded people left at AC. The flight from Toronto to Montreal had very basic service given the short duration and the time of day. Luggage delivery both in Toronto and Montreal was shockingly slow.
AircraftBoeing 777 and CRJ
RoutePEK to YUL via YYZ

Review by (Canada) 26th July 2015

Indifferent cabin crew acted like passengers were an inconvenience. No choice of meal, only pasta in a white sauce and this was an international flight. I have flown Air Canada several times and have no idea how they get a 4 star rating I have flown other four star airlines such as Lufthansa and Etihad and I can say Air Canada does not belong in the same category.
RouteFrankfurt to Montreal

Review by (Japan) 25th July 2015

Our flight was a 10 hour and 43 minute flight from Calgary to Tokyo however during the flight we were not able to access the entertainment system as it was broken. We went up to the service desk to ask if there was anything that was available that we could use instead of the entertainment system on board but understandably last minute there was nothing. The service we recieved at the ground desk was terrible. We were not treated with much respect almost as if we, the customers were something that was not important. After our disappointing encounter with the ground staff we got on board. We found out that our light and attendant call button were both broken. We got complaint forms however when we tried to enter them online all three cards had invalid claim numbers and therefore we cant claim anything. I have tried to call the airline from Japan but there is no free call to the airline therefor after not having entertainment we have recieved no assistance. I do not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteCalgary to Tokyo

Review by (Canada) 25th July 2015

The first leg of travel was from Istanbul to London on Turkish Airlines - amazing service, customer service and comfort. The second leg from LHR to YYC on good old Air Canada was a nightmare. Boarded on time, sat on tarmac for an hour with no communication and forbidden use of bathrooms. Food during flight was mediocre to poor. Service was terrible, seemed like the staff was being forced to work there, seating was less comfortable than the Turkish Airlines used during first shorter sector.
AircraftB767-300
RouteIstanbul to Calgary via London

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd July 2015

Came off a flight from London and had booked an internal flight to get me to Edmonton. Turns out it would have been quicker to drive. We boarded on time but were then told that there was an electrical fault with one of the radios. We waited on the tarmac for an hour and then an engineer came and replaced the offending part. During this time, communication from the flight attendant was scant and when he did speak it was comical. Each time he read the announcements from his dog-eared handbook looking like he would rather be anywhere else in the world from here. We eventually took off and the flight to Edmonton was fine. On landing we were in the middle of a thunderstorm so there was no tractor available to tow us to the gate. We waited around 30 mins and then we were good to go. Coming back it was another story. I was booked on the 3pm flight back to Calgary to connect to AC850 at 17.50. I checked in and was happily waiting at the gate when my cousin called to tell me we were delayed (she was getting updates from an app on her phone). There was nothing to say we were delayed on any of the airport screens. Further updates came through to say the delay was being extended and then it finally came up at the gate, although no announcements were made. I had to watch the 4pm and 5pm flights depart on time and then finally the 3pm flight was cancelled and we were transferred to the 6pm flight. Obviously I had missed my connection by that point. Cabin staff on the return leg were rude and unhelpful when I tried to enquire how best to get to my next gate at Calgary. I understand that airlines are always prone to delays but the lack of communication really annoyed me. I'll definitely try to get a direct flight next time. Flight attendants could definitely benefit from some customer service training
RouteCalgary to Edmonton

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd July 2015

Flew out economy but paid extra to get 35A which is an exit row seat. Seat was ok but a bit snug width-wise. Queues for the loos tended to stand right in front of me so it was a busy area. Inflight entertainment was good but would benefit from more recent films. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful and always happy to answer questions. Food was really good, a lot better than other economy flights I have taken. Coming back I upgraded to Business Class and was given seat 7a. I didn't get to choose as I missed my original flight due to a connecting flight cancellation so was just happy to have made the flight. Seat was ok but uncomfortable in fully flat mode - it would have been a lot more comfortable with an extra cushion layer. Flight attendants were friendly but rushed to get everything done before people wanted to sleep. Food was good but some choices ran out quite quickly. I liked the idea of pre-ordering breakfast and letting them know if you wanted to be woken for it or not. Overall a good flight, a lot better than the experience I had on my connecting flights with Jazz
RouteLondon to Calgary