Vote Airport

Air Canada

"sleeping was no problem"

Toronto to Frankfurt on an overnight, checking in was easy with a separate section for Business, Premium class flyers. Maple Leaf Lounge was great, many seats and tables, plus free food and drink. On this Boeing 777-300, Business has a 1-2-1 Pod style seats. I found nothing wrong with them. If it was a bad thing, I couldn't sit beside my wife who I was also on this trip, so I sat behind her on the right side of the plane. To sit kinda beside is taking an isle seat but it's no window seat, plus because the pods are positioned in the pod style, being comfortable in your chair would be hard to chit chat to your traveling partner, so it's down to preference. Food was great, and the drinks were non stop. The bed was 180 degree flat bed and comfortable. There were no PJ's provided like other airlines. I am 6ft 2 and did not find it cramped and sleeping was no problem. I did read reviews in advanced that sitting in the last back seat of each section of Business, provides a bit more storage space, and it was true. So if you book in advanced and select your seat, try for these. But overall, no complaints. The flight was spacious, pods give that cozy effect. There is plenty of plugs and sockets to charge your things. However, non North American travelers, if you need a plug, make sure you have your plug converter.
RouteYYZ to FRA
Date FlownAugust 2015

"retro experience"

Toronto to Frankfurt with Air Canada - extremely slow check-in, unsure why, but neither the computer check-in or the desk layout are intuitive. At the gate - E-71, ground announcements were not intelligible. Onboard is where the retro experience begins. Crew are friendly, service good, but food, ergonomics and entertainment are 1990s - late 20th C at best. The problem is that, for the money one pays, the actual experience is a complete letdown. For same, lower or slightly higher cost, various competitors offer 21st C comfort and care. Poor entertainment, analog quality, reminds me of a VCR. Seats - I am fit and slim, 177cm tall and barely fit. Cannot imagine how taller people, such as most Western Europeans would feel. Food was forgettable - continental breakfast, some snacks and some pasta. WiFi and connectivity - non-existant. Lufthansa on the flight after - same Airbus, different league.
AircraftA330-300
RouteYYZ to FRA
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"IFE on every seat"

I was supposed to fly to Toronto from New York on Westjet but I got stuck in Boston. I booked an Air Canada flight instead and I was very glad I did. Checking in online was easy and I was able to select my preferred seat. At the airport, Air Canada ground crew were friendly, they let me check two bags for free. Boarding was on time and so was the arrival. It was my first time to fly on an Embraer aircraft. I was impressed - I think E-jets have a lot to offer. There was IFE on every seat and the cabin crew were attentive and helpful. Snacks were available and they were tasty. As it was a day flight, I enjoyed the view, especially when we flew over the Niagara falls. I enjoyed the flight and would definitely fly with Air Canada again.
AircraftE175
RouteBOS to YYZ
Date FlownApril 2015

"Leg space is really limited"

Air Canada's service was, from beginning to end, appalling. On the flight from Tokyo Haneda to NYC via Toronto one of the flight attendants treated passengers as if they were inferior to her. Before takeoff she ordered passengers to close their overhead compartment (isn't this her responsibility?). At one point, there was a lady with a crying baby. This flight attendant told her to put her two large bags up in the compartment in a rude and apathetic manner. The lady was too short to do so, and she was alone, so she had to get a tall passenger next to her to do it for her. On another occasion, she came over and reached over to turn off my reading light without any warning, which I was using to do my knitting. As she reached over, she spilt water on my boyfriend's leg, she apologised and said "give it 2 minutes and it'll dry." The two male flight attendants were also rude - when handing out inflight meals, they would stare in silence when passengers were trying to decide what meal to pick and when collecting trays they would just hold out their hands, expecting passengers to hand over your tray as well as other passengers if they were sleeping. On the ground, before take off I politely asked an Air Canada staff member if my boyfriend and I could sit next to each other since our seats were one in front of the other. He seemed overly confident that it was possible and told me he would call my name out. I waited until the last minute, after people started boarding, for him to call my name to find out that he found an aisle seat 9 rows away with no change to the other middle seat we initially had. I understand an aisle seat is great when traveling alone, but this was the opposite of what we wanted - we were now 9 rows away. I told him that that's not what we want, and immediately he snapped, took back the flight ticket, and said, "if you're not going to appreciate this change I'm giving you back your old seats." To add, the inflight vegetarian meals were awful, if at all edible. Leg space is really limited compared to Air Canada's smaller, older planes. I would pay more just to avoid Air Canada.
RouteHND to LGA via YYZ
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"food and service very good"

Great experience with Air Canada flying from Vancouver to Sydney. Began with an outstanding agent at check in at Vancouver who couldn't have been more helpful with some complexities with our reservations. Not Air Canada's fault. Inflight food and service very good. Dinner, plentiful snacks, and a very decent breakfast all superior to other major airlines I've flown recently. Flight Attendants helpful and attentive, Premium Economy seat very comfortable. A better product than Premium Economy on other carriers I've experienced.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYVR to SYD

"professional cabin crew"

Montreal to São Paulo via Toronto on Air Canada. Smooth check-in and on time performance on all 4 legs. Friendly and professional cabin crew on all flights, especially on the outbound leg between Toronto and São Paulo. Food quality and quantity were decent but the quality of wines offered has deteriorated. The Boeing 767's are really showing their age and AC needs to replace them soon. Lie flat seats offer reasonable comfort but they need better cushioning and back support in the flat position. IFE had good variety for movies and TV shows but audio offering was dismal. Overall it was a good experience although the final leg on the return was cancelled without advance notice and I was not offered the customary Concierge service as a top tier flyer. This meant I had to run around and make alternate arrangements; a blemish to what would otherwise have been a good travel experience. This was particularly disappointing given Toronto is AC's Global Hub. AC needs to either deliver the Concierge service as advertised and promised to its most loyal clients or get rid of it all together to avoid failed expectations.
AircraftA320, Boeing 767
RouteYUL to GRU via YYZ

"had to pay for food"

Toronto to Aruba, and although this was not an Air Canada rouge flight, we had to pay for food (it's a 5 hour flight). Plus you get to pay 25$ per bag. I don't doubt that this was somewhere in the fine print but I was very surprised about it considering the airfare wasn't cheap. Now the main part. FAs were in a bad mood on both flights, border-line unpleasant. When it's a short flight I couldn't care less. When I'm flying for 5 hours with a 2 year old, customer service is more important. Besides, I used my own headphones since AC charges for their own and I had to insert and hold them throughout the whole movie in a specific way so that I could actually hear something. Really? Considering that this is 4th Air Canada flight in a row with identically bad experiences, I will avoid flying Air Canada whenever possible. Their corporate culture and inflight experience is way below what they cost.
RouteYYZ to AUA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"promptly offered us a direct flight"

We ended up getting caught in the big storm disruption of Jan 22nd during our flight from Saint John, NB to Santa Ana, California. We made it as far as Montreal and our flight on the Chicago leg of our trip was cancelled. Air Canada promptly offered us a direct flight from Montreal to LAX which we accepted. It was a chaotic time and we appreciate so much being able to get to California. We know that many others spent days trying to get flights to their destinations.
RouteYSJ to SNA via YUL/ORD

"excellent first trip"

I wanted to report an excellent first trip with Air Canada. Whilst the economy class leg from London to Toronto was pleasantly served by cabin crew but tiring in economy, we opted on transit at Toronto to pay for business class upgrades to Santiago. What a pleasant experience, and Air Canada ranked very high. The only downside was that our luggage were not off-loaded and continued on to Buenos Aires so we were delivered one day late. But this did not overshadow the experience.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 777
RouteLHR to SCL via YYZ
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"do not rely on Air Canada"

This has nothing to do with my last trip but about my Air Canada Toronto to Vancouver flight that got cancelled for my wedding in May 2016. I had already reserved seats and put my down payments. I am 4 months out until my wedding now and they cancelled my flight! The date they had tried to reschedule my flight was too late for my destination wedding, the resort just about almost cancelled my wedding date because of this. Do not rely on Air Canada especially for a huge event like your wedding!
RouteYYZ to YVR