Air Canada

"the lack of a dedicated FA"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Toronto. I had not flown before in the new Premium Economy of Air Canada, although I had done so on several occasions with AC Rouge leisure subsidiary including on this route, before it was ‘transferred’ back to main-line AC. Check-in at DUB was problem free and expeditious as PE passengers can use the Premium lines. When this service was operated by AC Rouge PE passengers were directed to use DUB Fast Track security. This perk not offered on main-line AC. Boarding was as expected, PE being the second group to board after Business class. The flight appeared full, all seats were occupied in the PE section. The seats were a little more comfortable than those on Premium Rouge with perhaps a little more leg room. As this service departed DUB early afternoon, lunch was serviced not long after departure. There were 2 choices for the main course and the meal was serviced on china ware. No so the drinks with plastic glasses, (apart form a wine glass on the meal tray!) and coffee/tea from paper cups. This is a downgrade from Rouge PE where real glasses and china mugs for coffee/tea are used. The second meal or snack was exactly the same as offered in Premium Rouge. A significant difference was the lack of a dedicated FA to PE. FAs in PE are shared with Economy, with Economy being a much larger cabin, at times there was no FA to be seen in PE. With Rouge PE there is dedicated FA at all times. Another difference is that the FAs on main-line are more mature, and for the most part more experienced. The flight arrived on time and dis-embarkation was as expected, PE exited followed Business class passengers. Based this experience, I found the AC PE service inferior to that of the nearest comparison, international Premium Rouge.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDUB to YYZ
Date FlownMay 2018

"transfer took almost 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Dallas via Vancouver. Horrible experience transfering in Vancouver airport. After going through custom, we waited for baggage transfer. The transfer took almost 4 hours which caused my missing the flight to Dallas. After going though custom again, I was sent to a red eye flight departing Vancouver at 11:29pm. Worst still is that I had to go through Canadian custom yet again to pick up baggage and go through this whole security and customs all over again.
RouteBeijing to Dallas via Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2018

"blessed by Air Canada staff"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Moncton via Toronto. Blessed by the Air Canada staff at the Pittsburgh airport. I was coming home from a ten day trip visiting family with a 2.5 year old and a newborn, and I did not have it all together. I realized while I was still waiting to board my first flight I had one diaper left, and a 7-hour trip ahead. The attendant at the desk overheard my plight and ran all over the airport and after three stores found me a tiny pack of diapers which she bought with her own money and ran down the gangway to give me. She turned and ran back up without a thought. The whole trip I was helped along by Air Canada staff.
RoutePittsburgh to Moncton via Toronto
Date FlownJune 2018

"staff were incredibly rude"

Trip Verified | Worst servce I've ever received. Arrived 5 minutes late to check in for a domestic flight early in the morning because of an issue with transit getting to Pearson and they couldn't help. They're like a bunch of robots that can't understand that just because their computer system is set a certain way that doesn't mean that they can't help a young man trying to get a job done. Manager and staff were incredibly rude to top it off and didn't even attempt to provide a solution. Useless, undertrained, oligopolistic and stomach turningily (I know thats not a word) bureaucratic. 0/10 and unfortunately because of outdated government legislature that protects our airlines from the US we have almost no other options.
RouteToronto to Timmins
Date FlownJune 2018

"glad I chose Air Canada"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Toronto. I am a Canadian living in Germany flying to visit my parents with an infant and a toddler and my husband. Right at the beginning of the flight we were treated so nice and an Air hostess made us feel welcomed, she was so kind and understanding. I am really glad that I chose Air Canada for our trip.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2018

"very slow to solve the situation"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I had my flight cancelled today, and I (and all other passengers) had the following difficulties: 1) The flight was cancelled by email before being announced as cancelled. That caused a strong misdundertanding among passengers and the ground crew for about half an hour. 2) The flight was rescheduled to 8am. It was a late flight (11.15 pm) and they were very slow to solve the situation. Therefore, a group of people could not go to the hotel and got stuck in the airport. The group of about 20 people had to stay outside the security area from 2am until 4am with CAN30 for dinner and brekfast meals. 3) No alternative to these passengers was presented. 4) Air Canada shamily sent an email with a promocode to be used in the next 60 days, otherwise it will expire. This promo could not be used for upgrade on a next flight. So useless for one from abroad, and not a frequent flyer of AC! 5) The ground crew were badly trained, and once very stressed they were not of great assistance to help people leave the security area nor to figure out alternatives.
AircraftA340-300
RouteToronto to Sao Paulo

"great customer service"

Trip Verified | My trip back from Washington, D.C. At Ronald Reagon airport I met this amazing Air Canada's personnel who was incredibly sweet and helpful from the checkin gate till boarding. This business trip was stressful due to some work complications but after experiencing his great customer service and cheerful personality I started to feel a bit relax.
RouteWashington to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"smug with all their extra fees"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Calgary via Vancouver. I am disappointed in their services compared with other airlines. This time my complaint is their nickel & diming policies and unwillingness to accommodate passengers. I'm on my way from Montreal to Calgary, but transferring in Vancouver. I asked at check-in if there might be room for me on a more direct flight. There was, but Air Canada wasn't going to let me have it without charging another $75 on top of my ticket price. (Bearing in mind I've also just paid $25 extra for my one piece of regular size & weight luggage). My ticket has been paid for, the seats on the direct flight are available. It should really make no difference to AC, except they would have a happier customer if they would show a bit of flexibility and stop being so smug with all their extra fees.
RouteMontreal to Calgary via Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2018

"best in 15 years of flying with AC"

Trip Verified | Regina to Toronto. I fly Air Canada a lot for work. This flight I got an upgrade to business class. The service was the best I had in 15 years of flying with AC. The flight attendant was Korean - and in true Asian Airline hospitality style - toward the end of the flight he went to each and every customer, bowed down and thanked us for our business. Really above and beyond! Not saying this is something that is expected but really blew my mind considering the normal level of service which is good either way. The wifi was bad though.
AircraftE190
RouteRegina to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2018

"otherwise very solid product"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Ottawa via Frankfurt. The Lufthansa flight from Amsterdam to Frankfurt which I was originally scheduled to take had gotten cancelled, and I got booked on a later flight without receiving any prior notification. Due to this flight change my connecting time in Frankfurt became extremely tight and so I needed to run to catch my Air Canada flight to Ottawa. When I arrived at the gate nearly everyone had already boarded so it was just myself and a few other latecomers who got there last minute. As far as the flight goes, it didn't differ much from my previous experiences with Air Canada. The food in economy class was horrible, save for the pretzel snacks and the chicken wrap they give out towards the end of the flight. The food in economy class is a major flaw of an otherwise very solid product, and I suggest Air Canada's partner Lufthansa to promptly inform passengers of any cancellations/delays.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER