Best Economy Class Seats

Air Canada

"worst customer service"

Verified Review | Rome to Las Vegas via Montreal with Air Canada. Left Rome late and arrived in Montreal 2 hours late. Missed our connection and the only option offered is a 13 hour journey to get from Montreal to Las Vegas via Calgary. We looked online and asked if we could just stay the night in Montreal and get on the direct flight to Vegas in the morning (we were originally on a direct flight). Even though you could clearly still buy tickets online they said no, since business class was only thing available on that flight. So instead we now have another connection in Calgary and a 7 hour layover until we can leave on the morning flight from there. No hotel and like I said worst customer service.
RouteFCO to LAS via YUL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"dreading the return flight"

Verified Review | Toronto to Brisbane via Vancouver. Very uncomfortable experience with Air Canada, especially for the long haul. Is it too much to expect on a 13+ hour long flight that there should be some sort of foot rest so that you can get your feet somewhat elevated. Really felt like "cattle class". This is the first time I've ended up with swollen ankles after a long flight and I have been flying back and forth to Australia, 3 times a year for the last 4 years. In flight "entertainment" was terrible, food was shocking and the washroom was the tiniest thing I have ever seen. Toilet seat didn't even stay up. No amenities provided except for the obligatory hand soap. One snack was offered up inbetween meals and even though the "menu" tells you that snacks are available throughout the flight, flight staff made it quite obvious that they won't get you anything. During the shorter flight from Toronto to Vancouver, the snack / meal cart was only stacked with chocolate and chips. Bad luck if you wanted something hot. Clearly these people do not have experience with the truly great airlines like Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific. Was recommended Air Canada by my travel agent. I'll be letting her know what a terrible choice this was. Pay extra and go with a better airline for long journeys. Really really dreading the return flight.
RouteYYZ to BNE via YVR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"experience overall was pretty dreadful"

Verified Review | Seoul to Philadelphia via Toronto - this is the route I took with Air Canada, not the route that was ticketed. We were supposed to fly from Seoul (ICN) to Washington IAD via Toronto on a United code share. Our flight from Seoul left late and arrived late, which caused a missed 7:30 connection at Toronto. Our request for 2 vegetarian meals was overlooked on this 13-hour flight. The seats were fine for us because we had a 3-person section and could lift the armrests and lean against each other. The flight would have been pretty uncomfortable next to a stranger for 13 hours because the seats are quite narrow. Also, the flight was about the driest I've ever been on - I left with a very dry mouth. When we spoke with the AC personnel about trying to get back to DC, we were told that there were no flights available to anywhere in the DC area that night, direct or through connections. After AC checked with United about a possible routing that would get us to DC at 2:48 p.m. the next day, it became apparent that the routing was not available either. At this point, we discussed other options and I was told that a 9pm flight to Philadelphia was available. We took it. It was delayed 80 minutes. During this time, I booked a car rental from PHL to drop off in the DC area. By the time we left PHL, it was 1am, and I drove to our house 2 hours away, finally arriving at 3am. I found the flight attendants and entertainment selection to be good generally, but the experience overall was pretty dreadful.
RouteICN to PHL via YYZ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"every other airline is a better choice"

Verified Review | Avoid Air Canada if you are 1) traveling with kids or 2) you don't want to buy brand new luggage or 3) you want a difficult check-in process. We booked tickets 8 months in advance and they couldn't find 4 seats so my family could sit together. Also, during the beverage service on a previous flight, the beverage cart skipped my kids row and served the adults around them instead. On each leg of our journey, the gate agent complained about our carry-on luggage - specifically that our 22" carry-ons (aka industry standard) didn't fit in their convenient 21.5" size requirements. Southwest is 24", other airlines are similar. I've flow this bag all over Europe and only on Air Canada is it an issue? And then the check-in fiasco. I attempted valiantly to check-in the night before, but that didn't seem to work. Electronic boarding pass options? Nope. So we arrive at the gate and guess what - none of the kiosks work either. I scan 3/4 passports, then the machine decides to quit working. Even discount airlines figured out how to have proper check-in procedures at a fraction of the cost. If you value your sanity, wallet, or are traveling with kids - every other airline is a better choice - stay away from Air Canada.
RouteYUL to SFO
Date FlownJuly 2016

"there was nobody at the gate"

Verified Review | I had a terrible experience with my first time on Air Canada flying from Baltimore to Vancouver via Toronto. The flight attendant was not pleasant at all. When I got to Toronto from Baltimore, the flight unknowingly was delayed two hours. However, there was nobody at the gate to inform the passengers and we were quite confused what was going on. This delay did not occur on the board until we were supposed to be boarding. So I went to the Air Canada help desk and they were absolutely terrible. I did not raise my voice, but the lady there shooed me away and was extremely rude/unhelpful. I will not be flying Air Canada again.
AircraftCRJ and Boeing 763
RouteBWI to YVR via YYZ
Date FlownJune 2016

"leaves a lot to be desired"

We flew with Air Canada from Sydney to Vancouver and never again would I fly with this company. They should be called Sardine Airlines. The staff had no finesse at all and the meals were almost inedible. Couples who had been booked for months found themselves sitting rows apart. We accommodated a lady who had booked an aisle seat but was given a window seat only to find that she had so little room that she was almost sitting half in my husbands seat. We had so looked forward to seeing this beautiful country but if that is the best that Canada can do, it leaves a lot to be desired.
RouteSYD to YVR
Date FlownMay 2016

"food was cold and super dry"

Ottawa to Tokyo Haneda via Toronto. The Premium Economy product on the B777 aircraft is much poorer than the B787 we have previously experienced. The service was mediocre - one single flight attendant entirely handling the Premium Economy cabin which results in a slow service and many Premium Economy passengers served after the regular Economy cabin. It makes no sense when you paid for a Premium seat to get served at last. My food was cold and super dry because of the long waiting. I wasn’t even offered any drink while waiting for my meal. The Premium Economy arm rests were all sticky and not even cleaned properly when we boarded the flight. Upon departure, they won’t tag your baggage priority unless you specifically ask them. About 90% of Premium Economy passengers end up with no priority tags on their luggage even though you paid for that service. We weren’t offered a drink (juice or water) upon boarding like before. It took 3 hours for the food service - not worth it Air Canada.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYOW to HND via YYZ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"$20 to select a regular seat"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Toronto with Air Canada. I have never seen an airline so concerned about squeezing money out of their customers. Purchase your ticket online and then pay $20 to select a regular seat - not a special seat, just a regular seat. Every checked bag (even from US to Canada) are charged which means every single flight I saw staff notify travelers that there is too much carry-on luggage and ask who would like to volunteer to have their bags checked at the gate. I have flown a lot of airlines but Air Canada is by far the worst.
RouteLAX to YYZ
Date FlownJune 2016

"inflight movie selection nothing special"

Edmonton to Cancun via Calgary with Air Canada. No issues with delays however the inflight movie selection is nothing special and the games never seem to work on the last several Air Canada flights I've been on. What I was most unimpressed with was the fact that I was flying for at least 5 hours and they still did not offer complimentary meals. Don't use this airline if you can help it.
RouteYEG to CUN via YUL
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"FA's were very personable"

Toronto to Istanbul on Air Canada. Hassle free check-in using the priority lane. On time and orderly boarding. The aircraft interior was well appointed with new business class seats that are spacious and comfortable. The IFE is an improvement over the previous version but the content was a let down as the programming had not been updated with the current month's movies. The FA's were very personable and attentive. The main course at dinner was OK at best but the selection of wines made up for it. Bathrooms were bright and kept clean throughout the flight. The flight departed 20 minutes late but arrived ahead of schedule. The Boeing 787 is a magnificent aircraft and well and truly helps reduce jetlag. Overall a pleasant experience.
RouteYYZ to IST