Vote Now

Air Canada

"very enjoyable 8 hr flight"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Calgary. I had a very enjoyable 8 hr flight with Air Canada in economy! Service was excellent. Flight attendants went out of their way to make sure you had plenty of refreshments and plenty of water. In flight entertainment was 1st class showing all the latest films. Seats were comfortable. No delays. I was served a hot meal with drinks of my choice not long after take off and also a hot snack about an hour before landing. Two weeks later on 18th December I flew back to the UK with Air Canada and again excellent service. Only criticism it is a shame they do not offer different films flying east to west/west to east as some other airlines do. Otherwise no complaints
RouteLondon to Calgary
Date FlownDecember 2016

"seats were so narrow"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Newark via Toronto with Air Canada. I chose this airline as I am a Star Alliance Gold member but this was clearly a big mistake. This is the first time I have seen ten seats per row in economy on a B777 and I have flown many airlines. The seats were so narrow the it reminded me of a very low budget airline. Seven hours on a seat like this and you come out with leg and back pain. I had to keep my hands stack on my body as there was no space to rest them. Do not bother paying for the extra legroom seats as these are even more narrow due to the entertainment monitor stored in the armrest. Flight attendants completely uninterested and rude. No response to seat calls. Priority delivery of luggage for gold members not respected at Newark - our luggage came out among the last. Out of the four flights, three were late by an hour without any explanation of apology. Meals during flights small and of average quality. I will certainly not fly again Air Canada and I would not recommend this airline to others.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Newark via Toronto

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Munich to Halifax via Toronto with Air Canada. Horrible customer service! Due to weather conditions, my flight from Toronto to Halifax was cancelled. But the ground staff didn't do anything to solve that problem. Instead they send me to another airline, which was more helpful than Air Canada themselves. Air Canada wanted me to stay for unknown number of days at Toronto airport and did not bother paying for an accomodation. Their hotline in Germany can also only be reached from 09:00am to 5:30 pm. Why? Especially at times with flight cancellations, this hotline should be reachable 24-hours a day.
RouteMunich to Halifax via Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"speak the language of your choice"

Verified Review | Montreal to St Louis via Toronto. I am trilingual Canadian frequent flyer 35K with Air Canada (I speak English 1st language, French 2nd language and Spanish 3rd language). I am always courteous, respectful of other cultures and speak the language of the person with whom I am doing business if I can. Air Canada is Canada's national airline (and I believe was even built with some public funding) and is expected to be bilingual English and French. When I travel to Montreal Quebec, quite often the attendants do not show this same courtesy of speaking English to me even when I clearly state this preference as a client. When I fly to other Canadian (outside of Quebec) or American cities they speak the language of your choice. I have flown many airlines over the past few years from many differant countries and more and more I am disappointed by Air Canada for the reasons described above, not to mention pricing and services offered. This lack of simple respect for my culture and language (English) is causing me to reconsider the choice of airline in the near future.
RouteMontreal to St Louis via Toronto

"attendants were friendly"

Verified Review | Calgary to London Heathrow with Air Canada. This was a good flight that left on time and arrived on time. I took seat 12A in Premium Economy, which felt great compared to coach (which I have typically flown). You get a business class style entrée with a printed menu and choice of entree, and the seats are quite noticeably wider and with more recline. The attendants were friendly and made the rounds regularly without being intrusive. I am definitely a bit of a clean and neat freak, but the plane interior, including the bathroom, was organised and spotless. Upon boarding, we were given a departure drink (I chose OJ). After takeoff, dinner was served with wine. The entertainment system was, as usual with AC, stocked with selections of some recent films. All in all, the flight was smooth and enjoyable. AC gets a lot of complaints that I have never found to be substantiated. I've flown them lots; I've never had a late flight and never had a staff member treat me rudely. They have an international fleet of new or new-ish equipment including many 787s and a really good safety record.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCalgary to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"rude Air Canada service"

Verified Review | I booked through Expedia. Ticket agent in Sudbury could not find my reservation and asked me my name several times. My name was listed on her ticket as middle, last then first name (like all other air tickets I get). She told me she could not issue a ticket in a not so friendly manner. I explained that every plane ticket I have had prints it the same way. She said no and finally went to another agent to ask. The other agent looked at the ticket and my passport and said "yes it is fine" as I watched. She then came back to me and said I would have to change the way my name is listed or I would not be issued another ticket. I showed her the email confirmation I got from Expedia and she was not interested. Very rude Air Canada service. Flight was fine.
AircraftDash 8
RouteSudbury to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2016

"doubt I'll fly Air Canada again"

Verified Review | I have travelled extensively over the years with many different airlines and, unfortunately, I have to say, I found on my recent flights Sydney to Vancouver return, the service on Air Canada is amongst the slackest I have experienced. On the way back from Vancouver, I had a head cold and needed regular drinks. I buzzed several times for tea / water etc but only once was my request answered. For the rest of the 16 hour journey, I buzzed but to no avail. Each time I needed a drink, or food, I had to get up from my seat, crawl over my fellow passengers, walk to the end of the aircraft to get my own refreshment. The worst part was, the entire crew was having a lovely time sitting down at the back, chatting away to each ignoring passenger requests. When I asked if they had noticed my bell call, they said they didn't hear it. However, when they looked, there were 3 others needing assistance listed on the screen. I wouldn't have heard the bell either if I was in the middle of a conversation. In addition to the lack of service, I feel that there could have been more food offered (it was minimal on such a long flight) and at no stage did the drinks trolley go around. Up to each passenger to request a drink. I guess it's a money saving ploy. The inflight entertainment was limited to a dozen movies that have been out for some time and didn't cater to a range of tastes. On 2 x 16 hour flights, this meant the choice was very limiting so I resorted to reading my book. Also, no wifi. Now that Air Canada has some competition from Sydney to Vancouver, it may be worth the crew lifting their game to remain competitive. On a positive note, the flight crew did a marvellous job getting us from A to B on both flights. Just a pity the cabin crew let the airline down. I doubt I'll fly Air Canada again.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteSydney to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cancelled due to weather"

Verified Review | Victoria to Toronto via Vancouver. I was travelling with my 5 children (ages 2 to 12) and their grandma when our flight back to Toronto was cancelled due to weather. I was on the phone approximately 2.5 hours (on hold) until 1:30am at which time I had to hang up to go to bed. The next day I received an e-mail that we had been rebooked for the following day, meaning we would need to spend another night in Victoria. I called and spoke to a very rude representative and asked what am I supposed to do now with my 5 kids and their grandma and she replied that you need to book yourself a hotel room and that was it. The statement was, since weather is not in our control we're not obligated to pay hotel, food, transfers. Furthermore, only half the flights flying the same route to Vancouver were cancelled that day, all within an hour of each other. That one night cost me an extra $400 I didn't plan on spending. I am disgusted with Air Canada. One positive thing I will say, especially on our flight back to Toronto from Vancouver, flight attendants were very kind and compassionate.
RouteVictoria to Toronto via Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"offers high quality flights"

Verified Review | I have never understood the bad rap that Air Canada gets. I have flown both main Canadian airlines (AC and WJ) lots and without really caring one way or the other, and have felt that Air Canada consistently offers high quality flights and flight service. On this recent flight I was in Premium Economy on a Boeing 787-8. Leg room and seat width in this cabin is substantially better than in coach, and you get the business class meal (china, glassware, and chilled silverware) with a printed menu and choice of main course. The meal itself is noticeably larger than in coach (if you are in coach, remember that you can ask for an extra meal and they are almost always able to give you one - I've done this on multiple occasions). Being an inter-continental flight, you also get complimentary alcoholic beverages in ALL classes. This flight (as well as AC850 from YYC to London) arrived early. The attendants were attentive and friendly, and airplane was clean, and the service was excellent. The Boeing 787 also compare favourably to other planes; it's noticeably quieter and my ears were popping a lot less because of the increased pressurisation.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon Heathrow to Calgary

"Washrooms were unhygienic"

Verified Review | Toronto to Dubai. As a proud Canadian, I booked air Canada direct flight to Dubai from Toronto. Flight on time. Nice and big aircraft. Seats compare to other air lines (LH, KLM, Delta) are very small and uncomfortable. The food that was served was one of the lousiest. The cabin staff seem trained not to greet the passenger and not smile while serving. Food served first, drinks served 30 mins after the food. Stupid way to serve for a such a long flight, the aircraft was not equipped with WiFi. Washrooms were unhygienic and after first 5 - 6 hours, no staff was keeping the washrooms clean. This experience made me change my mind and I almost determined not to fly with Air Canada again
RouteToronto to Dubai