Air Busan

Review by (Australia) 29th May 2014

I recently flew Gimpo - Jeju and Jeju - Busan and what a great experience! Fares were cheap included baggage and when I changed my flights to spend more time in Jeju I only had to pay the fare difference. The seats were the same pitch as Qantas (31") flights departed close to schedule and drinks were served despite the short flight time. The only slight criticism I have is that their website is a bit tricky parts of it rely on Flash which may be why I couldn't get an English version to load on my mobile device also whenever I tried to put my passport details in I got an error - if this happens try selecting "No passport" this worked for me. I'll definitely choose them again if I'm flying their routes - great effort!

Review by (Netherlands) 28th November 2013

PUS-GMP 737-500. The weather was deteriorating and we were caught off guard by a typhoon heading our way. We got rebooked for free quick and friendly service. At the gate the flights would all be cancelled. The flight was bulk loaded pilots ready. The first delay occurred as extra service agents were called to the gate and were providing information to the passengers. After an hour delay we observed extra pilots boarding as well we learned the captain after deliberating safety being his major concern decided to fly out. A quick boarding nearly full flight and we took off in heavy winds and weather while dark. Despite the weather the pilot remarked thanking us for coming along for the ride saying Hang tight and nice flight which broke the tension. Even though it was a bumpy flight the crew were really calm and nice which calmed us all they spoke English too. It's times like this they must remain calm and they did. Not one time did we feel anything other than our safety was what was most important. A very capable and friendly airline.

Review by (United Kingdom) 13th November 2013

PUS-CJU B737 Short flight from us an to Jeju Island. Left and arrived on time. comfortable seating. No food served; just a 50cc bottle of water handed out. No inflight entertainment.

Review by (Hong Kong) 23rd June 2013

I flew with my family from Fukuoka to Busan for a holiday. Although we stayed for a night in Busan and then flew to Seoul the next day the airport staff were very helpful and friendly they helped me reserve seats for the second route with leg room. The ticket fee was still attractive even though it was during their New Year. No choice for the drink (only Jeju orange juice) inflight. No delays.

Review by (Japan) 15th July 2012

FUK-PUS return on an aged 737-400 clean and offering reasonable leg space. Check-in courteous despite I arrived pretty late. No inflight service for such a short flight they served orange juice but it was not necessary to do so if fares go lower. They have an interesting selection of duty free shopping on the plane it's worth trying it. Uneventful trips and luggage arrived safe and sound. I'd wish they offered more routes into Korea from Fukuoka. Very user-friendly website that allows to catch good fares and per it's seat selection. Flying BX was a nice surprise.

Review by (South Korea) 22nd April 2012

PUS-GMP. User-friendly website made the ticket purchasing easy. Departure delayed 20 minutes but the plane arrived on time in GMP. Orange juice and water served on a very short flight. FAs were friendly and efficient. Seat pitch and leg room may be a bit tight but I believe it's common for an LCC. Overall a great choice for those who want to take a domestic flight in South Korea.

Review by (South Korea) 7th February 2011

Busan to Jeju. Flight attendants great and tried to have a little fun with the passengers. On the way they served drinks (water/juice/coffee) and a fortune cookie. They also had some kind of draw for a few different gift certificates. Airplane very new and in excellent condition. Seats were quite close together so my legs were almost pressed against the seat in front of me even though it wasn't reclined (if you're tall it might be irritatingly tight). Overall though a pretty good airline and I will fly with them again.

Review by (France) 11th December 2009

Very good considering the fares. I even wonder when they serve drinks on a 50 minutes flight (Seoul - Pusan). I'd rather have a cheaper ticket.

Review by (Germany) 16th September 2009

Very good friendly and uncomplicated service. Like the fixed prizing. Makes you wonder why it has to be so stressful travelling in Europe with the likes of Ryanair etc. Would always choose Air Busan again.

Review by (Canada) 6th August 2009

Air Busan was what I would expect from a LCC. Seat pitch a little tight but enough for me. Flight attendants a little abrasive but you can't judge an airline by one flight attendant! Overall good airline and it serves its purpose well; affordable no frills flying so that is what you should expect. South Korea is small so flights with Air Busan are only in the 1 hour range!