Air Arabia

"one of the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Sharjah to Goa. This was one of the worst experience. Me my husband and my daughter were travelling from Sharjah to Goa in the month of June. They were supposed to check the baggage weight during the boarding process. No one asked us about the hand baggage weight. After the immigration was completed, the officer stopped us while going towards the gate and said they want to recheck our hand baggage. We had already weighed our luggage in the local office in Abu Dhabi and they had informed us that the hand luggage is within the limit as they would not check the laptop bags. The ground officer checked our hand baggage, laptop bag, yy Purse and my daughter's laptop bag. He said we have 12 KGs excess bag. Straight away he took the boarding pass and gave to the other officer where there was already a big rush of passengers negotiating on money the officers were asking them to pay in cash, we were asked to pay AED 400. I refused to pay anything for the 2 laptop bags and my vanity bag. They made me and my family stand there for about 1/2 an hour and finally, they negotiated to excuse us if we are paying 100 AED. The worst situation I would not want to travel through this airline again. They are only cheap in service and costly in price.
RouteSharjah to Goa

"I am very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Casablanca. I had to pay extra 50 euros at airport for having just 2 kilos more. I am very disappointed. My ticket cost me 200 euros at the start now cost me 250. Totally ridiculous At the end had to wait 1 hour at arrival the get back my luggage.
RouteBrussels to Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"experience was above average"

Trip Verified | Air Arabia is a good airline. The airport staff are helpful and always smiling. The aeroplane was in a clean condition. The in-flight magazine is great and the duty-free and SkyMeal magazine had plenty of options and the food was OK. The in-flight entertainment is something Air Arabia must improve on. The pilots made PAs at regular intervals. The seat was comfortable and legroom was better than I had ever seen on a low-cost carrier. The overall experience was above average and according to the money paid, there were more than enough services.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSharjah to Nairobi
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Worst of the worst"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Moscow via Sharjah. The total fare was not at all low for the low coster + I had to pay extra for the luggage what is not mentioned while booking and I decided to pre-book my food on 2 international flights. In first place ground staff wanted to offer me middle seat, I had to pursue the ground staff for the seat. The crafts are really dirty same as the Sharja airport where they land for transfer. Flight attendants are the least bothered about your needs, they just don't care. I requested flight attendants both flights to try change my uneatable meal for something else, but they refused. Worst of the worst.
RouteBangalore to Moscow via Sharjah

"allows no personal bag"

Not Verified | Marrakesh to Paris. The only airline that allows no personal bag, and makes you check small baggage and then charge you 50 USD for the abuse. No leg room, knees get crushed if over 6ft (182cm) maybe not the worst 3.5 hours of my life, but top 10. I wish that they were in my home country so I could avoid purposely ever using them again, sadly they are not.
RouteMarrakesh to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2018

"only allow 3kgs for duty free"

Trip Verified | Sharjah to Jaipur. Being Low cost airlines is fine, but how fair is it even ask a passenger to pay for extra weight bought at duty free, after immigration. Just before boarding. I have everything in place. Had a weight limit of 30kgs of check in. But had checkedin only 25 Kgs. Had another cabin luggage for 10kgs. Now after immigration I came to duty free. Made purchases within the applicable limits. And reached my boarding gate as I was getting late. Just before the gate. We were stopped and cabin baggage was rechecked. My duty free luggage was 6kgs & my hand luggage was within 10 Kgs. The gentleman at gate says, we will only allow 3kgs for duty free. No guidelines for this given before. We would have made purchases accordingly. According to air Arabia 10kg + 3kg (duty free), that’s all what they will allow. I had to leave my luggage behind as they won’t agree or willing to listen what I’m trying to explain. Last minute changes. Hopeless low cost carrier.
RouteSharjah to Jaipur
Date FlownMay 2018

"Excellent staff"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Agadir. This is the best budget airline, 30 inch seat pitch, comfy seats. Excellent staff. Clean planes. Came on the company by chance. Baggage fees less than some budget airline.
RouteManchester to Agadir
Date FlownApril 2018

"claim that I missed my transfer"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Agadir to Copenhagen. I have flown with them on numerous occasions and I have had no problems up until now. My current issue is a minor one as it only pertains to their Airport transfer. I booked their supposed airport transfer from Agadir City to Agadir Airport to catch their flight, it never showed up. Of course I wanted a refund from them for the non-existing service I paid for. Their customer service, which is poor to say the least, only repeat standard phrases such as "no refunds" no matter what the problem is or who is to blame for it. On top of that they still claim that I "missed" my transfer (I did not).
RouteAgadir to Copenhagen
Date FlownApril 2018

"never again we will book this airline"

Trip Verified | Marrakesh to Frankfurt. Never again: 3 hr delay and finally touch down in Hahn instead of FRA (120 KM away = 1,5 h bus drive). We got this information after arrival even though this was already planned before take-off in Marrakesh (the customs officers in Hahn told us!). My sister was waiting for hours at FRA-airport and she was seriously worried, because she didn´t get any update of this flight. They even switched off the TV screen with our position on the map during the last hour. And no explanation or serious excuse for all this trouble! no further comment and never again we will book this airline!
RouteMarrakesh to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2018

"excuse to avoid to help us"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Marrakech. This never happened to me with others airline. Firstly the website they have doesn’t work and doesn’t let you check in. Because of that I missed my flight. You supposed to be there 3h before to do just the check in. We were one 1h before departure and they didn’t let us check in. I couldn’t believe it all the money we paid was for nothing. Then it get worse in the airport they didn’t have help desk so we went to a different airline to see if they could help us. They didn’t know what to say. So we ask for the number of air Arabia and we called them, they costumers service did not know how to speak English. We believe it was an excuse to avoid to help us. This is respectful. Is just business for them. But for us it was work and saving money to take nice holidays. But know all is ruined.
RouteGatwick to Marrakech