Aigle Azur

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th March 2015

Paris Orly to Lisbon new airline for me seat and leg room average but if your traveling with baggage the 20kg baggage allowances included in the fare makes Aigle Azur worth considering. Cabin crew did a quick run through the cabin with a (paid) drinks cart then duty free cart and promptly disappeared behind the curtain for the rest of the flight. The airline appears to be unsure of its identity although they provide a baggage allowance they are not a full service airline as this flight was over a meal time (dinner) no food or snack service provided but not a LOCO as no food was available for purchase either so we went hungry!

Review by (Singapore) 30th March 2014

Porto to Paris Orly on ZI 312 (A320) on 28 March 2014. First time on this airline and I'm a little bit unimpressed with check-in at Porto Airport. No effort to direct passengers to correct boarding desks hence I ended up in the web-check in/bag-drop queue with passengers who had not even checked in online. Thankfully queue was processed within 20 minutes and got to the gate with plenty of time to spare. My seat was next to the emergency exit so I had plenty of legroom. Seat itself was comfy and perfect for a nap. Crew extremely professional and always had a smile on their faces. Flight took off on time and landed smoothly in Paris-Orly 20 minutes ahead of scheduled arrival time. Once on the ground we were told by the cabin crew that the captain of this Aigle Azur flight had piloted his last flight so we promptly congratulated him as we departed the aircraft. All in all Aigle Azur was worth the money that I paid . Not sure if I'll have another chance to travel on them again but if they have routes that I want to fly I'll keep them in mind.

Review by (Switzerland) 17th January 2012

BSL-ALG-BSL on A320 both legs. First time flown ZI and overall was an impressive experience. The cabin was quite clean and the seat was quite comfortable with good pitch. Warm and delicious meal for 2 hrs flight was a very good service. Another positive was the 30 kg free baggage for all economy class passenger.

Review by 21st January 2008

Lyon to Oran. Two Airbus A320 are mainly dedicated for operations between Lyon ad Algeria. I would allow that the service tends to decrease. I can't stand how Aigle Azur operates "charter planes with high density configuration for regular flights between France and Algeria. It is unbearable to get sat so tight in those seating rows impossible to move or eat correctly.

Review by 9th December 2007

I did some flights with Aigle Azur on Paris - Hassi Messaoud route (Algeria for those who are not familiar). This flight has only one type of customer: oil & gas people. I have found the service as fair overall crew friendliness and meals are actually in good category (crew friendlier then Air France). It's a pity Aigle Azur does not have baggage transfer handling agreement at CDG which means that each time we transit at CDG to / from other airlines we need to go through the immigration to recover our luggage no automatic transfer between Aigle Azur and other airlines at CDG (leading to LOSS of luggage at CDG for those not in the know such as in my case). I hope they could one day operate inside Algeria (the company owner is Algerian - French) since with the local monopoly by Air Algerie the service is non existent.
/10

Review by 12th January 2007

Have flown Paris Orly to Oran return several times over the last three months. Whilst there have been some delays this has not always been due to the airline. Air crew seem extremely helpful carrying children and baggage to seats etc. Overall service much better that I would have expected and a generous luggage allowance.