Aeromar

"strongly advise against"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | I paid $365 for a direct flight from Oaxaca to Tuxtla Gutierrez in Mexico. This airlines baited and switched me by canceling the direct flight and they changed the ticket to Aeromexico with connecting flights and a longer trip that I can now by for $158. They would not refund the flight and i unfortunately booked it with Priceline (who has the worst customer service in the known universe), so I received no assistance whatsoever and options that were not properly explained to me. When I phoned Aeromar, I was greeted by a completely rude agent who was less than helpful. I would strongly advise against booking anything with this airlines.
RouteOaxaca to Tuxtla Gutierrez
Date FlownJune 2018

"nothing has been resolved yet"

Trip Verified | Ixtapa Zihuatanejo to Acapulco via Mexico City. My 17-yr old daughter had the misfortune to come in contact with Aeromar and the lack of services while she was on route to Acapulco, on December 23, 2017. She had two connecting flights with Aeromar Airlinesone which was delayed and caused her to missed her final flight to Acapulco. The flight that was delayed was Flight 522. This flight from Ixtapa, to Mexico City was delayed fourty minutes and therefore, she arrived late to her gate to board flight 907, to her final destination, which was Acapulco. She was denied boarding, and there was no help from anyone from Aeromar, after whoch was not permitted to board. My 17-yr old, started her holidays stranded in a foreign country, in a busy airport and just left to her demise. I tried contacting the airline, no one answered, I contact which tried to get in touch with costumer service, and the booking agent, was not able as well. What is disgusting, is that not a single of the airline personnel working that night, offered to help, my daughter was just turned away and you did not care, specially, since it was the airline's fault in the first place that she missed her flight. My daughter had a panic attack, was afraid, and I had to sort all this out from Canada. To my misfortune, I had to buy, yet another ticket from Aeromar, for the next day, as well as find accommodations for the night. The travel agency which helped me book this trip, has made numerous attempts to resolve this, and nothing has been resolved yet.
RouteIxtapa Zihuatanejo to Acapulco via Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Incompetent and unfriendly"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo to Mexico City. Once more a delayed flight, just three hours but without any guarantee. Just "we hope that more or less at 4pm we will have a plane". Incompetent and unfriendly staff, truly the bad side of Mexico, just the image the country does not want to give. Everybody here gives you the impression that they want you out of their face and expect you to be thankful that there might be a flight after all. Which is not yet secured.
AircraftAte
RouteIxtapa-Zihuatanejo to Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"service was excellent"

Puerto Escondido to Mexico City on Aeromar. Small plane and we left about 30 minutes late. Plane was not full and just one stewardess working the flight. The plane appeared to be new. It was in excellent condition in the cabin. Service was excellent but it was very expensive for a flight of less the two hours.
RoutePXM to MEX
Date FlownDecember 2015

"very friendly staff"

(Mexico)

Fly 10 or 12 times a year Mexico City to Ciudad Victoria. Planes are small Fokker Turboprops. Always very friendly staff and have been on time. Seats are rather small, an excellent lounge with drinks and snacks at a number of airports. Service onboard with snacks and drinks are adequate.
RouteMEX to CVM