Aerolineas Argentinas

"certainly fly with them again"

Verified Review | Miami to Buenos Aires. Flights on time, food quite good , fresh and tasteful , great service, planes very clean. Entertainment system up-to-date. Only problem : seats are flat-incline which is old fashioned. But airfare was about half of the other competitors. Return trip just as good. Would certainly fly with them again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMiami to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2017

"No complaints whatsoever"

Verified Review | Vast improvement compared to my last experience some years ago. Used Aerolineas Argentinas as a 'feeder' from/to AEP (which is so much more convenient than EZE for my needs) to connect with my Swiss (Edelweiss actually) flights from/to GIG. No complaints whatsoever, brand new, clean planes and enjoyable service both on the ground and in the air. Complementary catering absolutely sufficient for a 3 hour flight with 2 ham/cheese sandwiches, soft drinks and coffee on offer. The only inconvenience was that my reservation number (ticket issued by Lufthansa) wasn't recognized by AR, hence I was unable to make online check-in and reserve seats for the GIG-AEP leg upfront. However, it did work for the return flight once I obtained the locator/PNR code. Overall a good experience and an option I will again take into consideration for my next trip.
RouteZurich to Buenos Aires via Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownOctober 2017

"a brand-new and very clean airplane"

Verified Review | Flew Mendoza to Aeroparque with Aerolineas. Our flight left on time and on a brand-new and very clean airplane. The flight attendants were friendly and the flight uneventful. Only non-alcoholic beverages are served for free which was ok given fair price we paid for the tickets. I would recommend them.
RouteMendoza to Aeroparque
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Flight attendants were friendly"

Verified Review | Flew Aerolineas from Aeroparque to Puerto Iguazu. A rather good experience. Aeroparque airport is becoming to small for the amount of traffic and hence was rather crammed. The plane looked brand-new and was very clean. Liked the pilots' announcements. In-flight the entire plane sang a cumpleaños feliz. Flight attendants were friendly with one exception. Flight was uneventful. They serve only drinks for free which was no problem given the low fare. I would recommend them.
RouteAeroparque to Puerto Iguazu
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I expect friendly service"

Verified Review | Flew Buenos Aires to Miami. Has to be the worse product flying from South America to the US. Here's why: Product - dated angle-flat seats on a 2-2-2 set up. Most seats were worn out and clearly hadn't been cleaned in a while. Amenity kit very basic and neither the bag or products were branded (vs Coke Hann on AA, Tumi on Delta, Ferragamo on LATAM etc) Food - much less than basic. On the return I was better off having a quick meal at the airport than on the plane. Service - here's my major concern, if I'm paying a lot for business class, I expect friendly service and attention to detail. Anything I wanted I had to ask for it, they would take my glass of wine while they were still half empty and wouldn't ask if I wanted a refill. I had my food tray done for a long time before they picked up Entertainment - basic, ~30 movies (most of them old or Argentinian films). Forget about noise cancelling headphones. Overall impression: I would definitely avoid Aeroloneas as much as I could. I decided to fly with them since I'm a Delta Diamond and wanted to get them miles and Delta only has an overnight flight from ATL to EZE This airline is way overdue for a makeover. Unfortunately, it's government-owned so probably not a chance of any improvements any time soon.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBuenos Aires to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2017

"The worst kind of service"

Verified Review | Cordoba to El Calafate via Buenos Aires. The worst kind of service I could expect from an airline. We were on a flight from Cordoba to El Calafate via Buenos Aires with a one hour layover in Buenos Aires. First our original flight from Cordoba got canceled (airline's fault) and we were put on a flight which was 40 mins later. This would've meant us missing out on our connection. But when we landed our connecting flight also got delayed by 50 mins. Now the ground staff still refuses to check us in on our original connection with atleast an hour to spare for our original flight to depart. I don't think I will ever fly Aerolineas Argentinas again.
RouteCordoba to El Calafate via Buenos Aires
Date FlownAugust 2017

"one of the worst I flew with"

Verified Review | Buenos Aires to Iguazu return. This company is by far one of the worst I flew with. Service is quite low (nothing is served on the plane at all, no food not even water). Planes are not the newest and comfort is pretty limited. Also, our flight was cancelled last minute because of a strike but no information was given to us until the day before. The first plane to fly back to Buenos aires was 4 days later and it was too late for us. We had to take some bus to go back and the company litterally refused to pay us back for the inconvenience saying that they couldn't prevent the strike. Definitely we recommand to fly other companies in Argentina such as Latam with better service, better planes for the same price.
RouteBuenos Aires to Iguazu
Date FlownApril 2017

"a reasonable experience"

Verified Review | All four legs were right on time. The seating was fine. The A330 out of JFK has angled lie flat seats, which are obviously not the latest and best but which I always find perfectly adequate. The domestic flights were on brand new Embraers with 1x2 seating and ample pitch. Based on this experience, the airline seems to have the basics really pulled together. The only disappointment was the catering. Dinner on the way down was served sloppily (congealed olive oil, no s&p, cling wrap on the dishes) and really unappetizing. And what's with the generic and generically tasting "red or white?" wine service? Shouldn't the flagship airline of this wonderful wine country take some pride and feature the best of their production? But I don't fly to eat (and I didn't on the way back), there is pre-departure sustenance in the lounge (though not in AR's own lounge at EZE) and the fares are good. So overall, a reasonable experience.
RouteNew York JFK to Salta via EZE
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cabin staff were polite"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Buenos Aires (AEP) to Rio de Janeiro in March 2016. Nice flight, check-in very good. Professional and pleasant desk service. Flight departed and arrived on schedule, the flight was very quiet, cabin staff were polite, friendly and professional. The waiting for luggage was a little slow. Nonstop flight and highly recommended.
RouteBuenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownMarch 2016

"all of them were terrible"

Verified Review | El Calafate to Buenos Aires. We have had several flights with Aerolineas Argentinas. All of them were terrible but I'm going to start reviewing just this last one. We arrived earlier at the airport think we could probably take an earlier flight. Once at the desk of Aerolineas they told us we will have to pay for the change a fee and they told us the fee will be 413 pesos (around $27) which we agreed. They moved us to a different desk to pay and after waiting 30 minutes they told us that the fee was 2800 pesos (around $180) per person. When we said the other person said a different amount they said that this person did a mistake. They had 4 flights before ours and they couldn't have the small gesture of moving to any of them for a reasonable amount. I called the company asking for customer service and they said they don't have customer service. We also did business class from Miami to Buenos Aires with them. I have never seen a dirtiest seat. The tv didn't work, jumping the movies from minute 10 to 30 or stopping.
RouteEl Calafate to Buenos Aires