Aerolineas Argentinas

Review by (United States) 30th July 2015

My flight to Buenos Aires was not full, plenty of room to stretch. Flight to Miami was full because of school vacation, big mistake on my part. The A330 is uncomfortable in economy. When the seat in front of you is reclined, you have the tray table pitted against you stomach, even if you are not fat. The flight attendants should ask everyone to sit upright when serving meals on the A330. Rows are so close that it is impossible to get up from your seat normally. One must slide to the end and climb out. I have flown this aircraft before and they are all the same in Economy - horrible. Considering how packed the flight was, the flight attendants were excellent. The food was mediocre with two choices: pasta or beef, and very small servings. Flight attendants provided drinks generously and water service was available throughout the flight. Bathrooms were kept fairly clean. Movie selection was very good, free headphones were provided. A very uncomfortable aircraft, avoid the A330 Economy. Only seats that looked spacious were the exit row seats. Check-in at EZE was smooth despite crowds and airport chaos.
RouteBuenos Aires to Miami

Review by (Poland) 5th July 2015

Flight was delayed 1 hr due to late arrival from Buenos Aires. I used Alitalia Lounge in Terminal 3, modern, large, with limited food options (salads, sandwiches, desserts). I was one of the first to board the plane, so I had to wait almost 30 mins to get any drink/welcome drink, without asking for it, FAs started to give drinks only after boarding was finished. Seat was ok, not full flat, but quite comfy. IFE very poor, only 5 channels available, showing only 2 movies in Spanish/English version, no Air Show with a map available, so had no idea about flight time etc. Cabin crew were nice and smiling, quite senior and during breakfast service, looking very tired and grumpy. Disappointing menu - I was expecting some local dishes from Argentina, some beef etc, and I got green salad with parma ham, risotto or pork with ratatuille or ravioli. I tried first two - all tasted the same, bland, boring, over cooked. No cocktail service at all, as only whisky is available. Good wines. Service in business class is very old fashioned, reminds me service from the 90s, nothing modern as for plating, food presentation, menu etc. Dirty toilet in Business Class. Breakfast started 2 hrs before landing, again - boring tray with fruit salad, yoghurt, bread roll and almost shapeless croissaint, jam and hot omlet with... carrots. Horrible. Generally, very poor business class product. No PA from pilots for whole flight. Not recommended.
AircraftA340-300
RouteFCO to EZE

Review by (Spain) 4th June 2015

AEP-MTV short 30 min flight. Check in at aeroparque was fast no lines for security line. Boarding by bus 20 min delay no explanation given. Once on board nice FA nice service and arrival nearly on time. Bags short on belt. Good option on this route.

Review by (Argentina) 31st May 2015

Flight BHI-AEP-BHI August 2014 with Aerolineas Argentinas. A domestic flight both of only 1 hour. Crew were friendly and polite. Catering service was just OK. Aircraft were old but still comfortable (both B737). Both flights on time.

Review by (United States) 11th May 2015

I was very disappointed with Aerolineas Argentinas. The seats are very uncomfortable they do not have enough space between them vertically. My husband is 6 feet tall and his legs were touching the front seat he had no space to move them. I am 5'5 and was also uncomfortable. It was a long flight almost 9 hours and the TV screens did not function properly. Mine had no image whatsoever. My husband's screen had image but no sound. No entertainment at all for almost 9 hours is ridiculous. We had to take a second flight from Buenos Aires to Bahia Blanca and the flight was delayed 2 hours. On our return from Buenos Aires to Miami the flight was also delayed this time for 1 hour. Even tough the prices of Aerolineas Argentinas are lower I would never use it again or recommended to anybody. I have taken the same flight route with American Airlines and LAN and they are much better. Next time I rather pay more for the tickets and have a more pleasant and comfortable flight.

Review by (United States) 30th April 2015

AR 1303 April 23rd and AR 1302 April 26th. We were looking for a reasonable Business Class fare from Miami to Buenos Aires we were amazed at how much less expensive Aerolineas was than the other carriers that we checked and were worried that it might be due to an inferior flight experience but decided that since were only flying down for three days to attend a wedding he had to go for it. Well I'm happy to report that with Aerolineas Argentinas you don't "get what you pay for" you get much more. The plane we took was an elderly Airbus that was a bit tattered (especially the bathrooms) but the seats were lie-flat and comfortable the food was above average (much better than American) and the flight attendants were cheerful professional and happy to help with a smile unlike the surly overweight lazy tenured FAs on most U.S. legacy carriers. I would fly Aerolineas again.

Review by (United States) 9th March 2015

We flew business class (club condor) from JFK on Feb 21 and returned on Feb 28. Great experience. Airbus 330-200 was clean and comfortable. Both flights left on time. Crews were first-rate. Great bargain. Highly recommend it.

Review by (Argentina) 24th February 2015

We flew on A330 EZE-JFK-EZE seats are too closed to each other I'm 5 9 tall and had problems with my legs this is what happen when airlines prefer only profit instead of customer service + profit EZE-JFK was 1 hour delayed and JFK-EZE 45mins delayed. Ground staff in both airports terrible neither courteous nor willing to help you. My greatest concern is flight attendants: most of the cabin crew and I mean 90% were rude they got angry if you requested a glass of water or soda (even though you walk to the aft galley to do so). During dinner one female flight attendant offered me chicken or pasta I asked her what kind of pasta and sauce she told me: "sir I'm not the chef who cooked the meals".

Review by (United States) 19th January 2015

Picked flight based on price. Flight from Miami to Buenos Aires was delayed by 6 hours and then canceled until the next day due to mechanical problem with plane. Re-booked on flight the next day. Luggage did not arrive in Buenos Aires for four days. Return flight delayed by 3+ hours resulting in missed connection. (All flights including connections on Delta were booked through Aerolineas Argentinas.) No help from Miami staff re-booking connection on partner? Delta. Ground staff in Miami sent us to the Delta counter to figure it out for ourselves. Delta would not rebook without us paying for new flight ourselves. Went back to Aerolineas Argentinas counter to find them closed until that evenings flight. Ended up renting car and driving 13 hours home.

Review by (United States) 14th January 2015

December 22nd 2014. MSP-JFK-EZE-FTE. Flew Club Condor. Others in our party of 5 flew coach. We had the full Monty flying Aerolineas. But the staff handled us well. Flight out left on time but no accommodations for Sky Priority passengers. Charge the gate at JFK was more like it. The food was very good. Service is prompt in that every flight attendant worked to get the job done so they could disappear. We liked how they gave us 3 options for our meals. The ice cream for desert and/or cheese plate were fantastic. And it is true they don't offer mixed drinks. For water they gave us a bottle for the over night flight. Breakfast was again very prompt well presented and the crew when prompted did go the extra step. On the return our child's vegetarian meal was missing. The crew promptly reviewed the menu and told us additional items we could choose from. For the return our flight was changed to add a stop at BRC. At which time we were notified our return to JFK was delayed from 11 pm to 6 am. Sky Priority line did nothing to help us here. We had to suffer with the rest. However they did rebook our last segment with Delta for us and effectively communicated to the crew in JFK to assist us and they did! They offered us a hotel and dinner in EZE. As we missed our JFK connection back to MSP they put us up in NYC and paid for dinner there as well. We turned down the offer for the hotel room in EZE and were able to sleep in the Club Condor Lounge. This is easily better than most First Class Lounges I have seen. Aerolineas in my opinion did much more than Delta United or American would have done for us. Our kids got to spend time touring NYC for the night. Our only downside was the plane could have been cleaner. Sad for a new A330-200. Here the domestic carriers do a better job. For the price we paid on for the ticket and what we got it was well worth it. When this airline makes mistakes they make up for it.