Aerolineas Argentinas

"Avoid this airline!"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | San Luis to Buenos Aires. Avoid this airline! Flights from San Luis to Buenos Aires were cancelled throughout the day blaming "meteorologic conditions", even though there was nothing unusual and flights were flying everywhere else with no problem. Customers were advised about the cancellations just minutes before the flight departure (via email), leaving everyone in limbo. When calling customer centre, they were very rude, and said that the tickets did not qualify for reimbursement, only could be rescheduled for another day. Of course, they wouldn't pay accommodation or anything else either. When trying to discuss options with them, they simply hang up. Finally, many passengers opted to take the bus and claim the money later on (good luck with the claim, anyway). Unfortunately, they have the monopoly of many flight routes in the country and there is no competition, so they charge whatever they like for a very poor service. They not only cancel flights with no notice, half of the time there is a strike or some other reason to leave people stranded. Fly this airline at your own risk
RouteSan Luis to Buenos Aires
Date FlownMay 2018

"Nice plane, welcoming cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Asuncion to Aeroparque Buenos Aires. This was a return section and my travelling with Aerolineas after some years. I've read some bad press and I recall long haul on dilapidated 747's and 737s 10 years ago. This was a short 1.5 hr flight but international never the less. I require assistance now and this airline provided it with care to attention and in a dignified manner. Check in is good, you receive an email 24 hours prior "looking forward to seeing you" and even a slightly overweight bag was checked in with a wink. How contrasting to my recent Norwegian experience at LGW. Nice clean plane, welcoming well groomed cabin crew along with a standard seating plan. Basic but complementary snack served by very pleasant crew who didn't seem to struggle with English. On time and disembarking with assistance well managed. A thumbs up and now tempted to return to Aerolineas for my next long haul from Europe to South America.
RouteAsuncion to Aeroparque Buenos Aires
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Austral flights were better"

Trip Verified | Ushuaia to Puerto Iguazu via Cordoba. I booked three domestic flights with Aerolineas Argentinas and two were on the regional Austral. The flights were closer to being on time than I experienced with other airlines down here, and basically everything went off without problems. The Austral flights were actually better - the Embraer planes are more comfortable and roomy than Aerolineas Argentinas 737s (which looked new but were a bit cramped) and the Embraer seats even have small entertainment screens (can be hard to get earphones though). You get snacks on longer flights, just a drink on shorter flights, and it might be a regional norm that no alcohol is available.
AircraftERJ90
RouteUshuaia to Puerto Iguazu via Cordoba
Date FlownMarch 2018

"One of the most dysfunctional organisations"

Trip Verified | Flew Aerolineas from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. One of the most dysfunctional organisations I've ever had to deal with. There is clearly no one who is capable of running a customer focused business who works at this airline. The call centre staff were rude and continuously put me through to a disconnect line. The website forms say 72 hour turnaround times, and no replies are received. I have flown countless airlines worldwide, this is by a very long way, the worst. I would not recommend this airline to people I didn't like, let alone anyone I did.
RouteBuenos Aires to Iguazu
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"attempted trip back was horrible"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to El Calfate. My initial flight with the company was okay, if nothing to write home or review about; however my attempted trip back was horrible. The flight was cancelled. I received only a notice the late night before with no explanation. I had no way of getting information as it was a weekend and they do not have weekend hours. When I went to the airport I was informed there were no flights due to a strike. Now while this may have effected more than one airline they did not offer a refund or remedy, or even an apology or sympathy for their clients. I was one of the lucky ones that got in before they left at 2 pm and basically every other passengers had to learn via word of mouth why and how long (5 days before reschedule) they had to wait. Basically swarms of people waiting for information. At the very least there should be an email and apology, truly there should be a refund.
RouteBuenos Aires to El Calfate
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the worst I've come across"

Trip Verified | I flew Aerolineas on a two week trip with my family from JFK --> Buenos Aires --> Bariloche --> Mendoza --> Buenos Aires --> JFK. I was always a little annoyed with them. I waited on the phone for 30 minutes the day before my flight to reserve seats for the flights and when I showed up to the airport they had no record of my phone call (even though I had gotten an email with seat confirmation) and they had already given away our seats. Given that we had an international flight on our itinerary, we were entitled to two checked bags for each of our flight legs, and every single time they tried to charge us and we had to remind them that we got two free bags - I think they were trying to dupe us. What was most frustrating was that they cancelled our flight home with just over 24 hours advance notice because of a "technical difficulty" with the plane, and instead of having the direct flight from Buenos Aires to JFK that we paid for, they re-booked us (after 1 hour on hold) on a flight to New Jersey. I had a connection from JFK to Boston that I obviously missed, and ended up having to pay for another very expensive flight. I filed a claim and never heard back. I called once to follow up and after 45 minutes on hold I was promised that all claims were addressed within 22 days. 22 days came and went and I never heard back again. I made four additional follow-up phone calls, and each time I was on hold from anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes before I could speak to someone. Every person I spoke to gave a different explanation - from this is the wrong phone number to claims take 2 months (not 22 days) to call Expedia. When I finally started asking to speak to supervisors, two times I was actually hung up on. It is ridiculous that I paid for a flight to JFK, they cancelled it, offered me a flight to another airport, and when I declined, I can't get my money back. I fly a lot, and this airline is the worst I've come across.
RouteBuenos Aires to new York
Date FlownOctober 2017

"very happy with them"

Trip Verified | Flew with this airline three times domestically within Argentina in November 2017. On the first of these flights, I managed to miss my flight after not hearing the announcement of a late change in the boarding gate. Totally my fault, but Aerolineas put me on the next flight straight away with no extra charge. So had a good first impression of them. The staff all had decent English (which can be rare in Argentina), the interior of the planes are very spacious when compared with what I'm used to from European airlines and the in-flight services were great. Only downside is that the air-fares are higher for non-Argentinian citizens. But that's a common trend in the country. Overall, very happy with them.
RouteBuenos Aires to Puerto Iguazu
Date FlownNovember 2017

"certainly fly with them again"

Verified Review | Miami to Buenos Aires. Flights on time, food quite good , fresh and tasteful , great service, planes very clean. Entertainment system up-to-date. Only problem : seats are flat-incline which is old fashioned. But airfare was about half of the other competitors. Return trip just as good. Would certainly fly with them again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMiami to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2017

"No complaints whatsoever"

Verified Review | Vast improvement compared to my last experience some years ago. Used Aerolineas Argentinas as a 'feeder' from/to AEP (which is so much more convenient than EZE for my needs) to connect with my Swiss (Edelweiss actually) flights from/to GIG. No complaints whatsoever, brand new, clean planes and enjoyable service both on the ground and in the air. Complementary catering absolutely sufficient for a 3 hour flight with 2 ham/cheese sandwiches, soft drinks and coffee on offer. The only inconvenience was that my reservation number (ticket issued by Lufthansa) wasn't recognized by AR, hence I was unable to make online check-in and reserve seats for the GIG-AEP leg upfront. However, it did work for the return flight once I obtained the locator/PNR code. Overall a good experience and an option I will again take into consideration for my next trip.
RouteZurich to Buenos Aires via Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownOctober 2017

"a brand-new and very clean airplane"

Verified Review | Flew Mendoza to Aeroparque with Aerolineas. Our flight left on time and on a brand-new and very clean airplane. The flight attendants were friendly and the flight uneventful. Only non-alcoholic beverages are served for free which was ok given fair price we paid for the tickets. I would recommend them.
RouteMendoza to Aeroparque