Best Economy Class Seats

Aerolineas Argentinas

"no assistance to passengers"

Verified Review | Aerolineas Argentinas from Iguazu to Buenos Aires. Abruptly cancelled my flight with no proper notification and no assistance to passengers. Although the disruption was just over 4 hours it caused chaos at the small airport. No notification at the airport was given in English and so some passengers were unaware of what was going on. Staff at the airport initially said the delay could be up to 48 hours. No refreshments were offered and e-mails to the company resulted in their company policy being quoted, basically saying its not their responsibility.
AircraftB737-800
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteIGR to AEP
Date FlownJune 2016

"you get a disapproving reply"

Verified Review | Flew Buenos Aires Aeroparque to Santiago de Chile with Aerolineas Argentinas; to use up some of my Air France miles. Tried to check-in for my flight from Buenos Aires on their web site, which didn’t work, probably because my reservation code was that of Air France and not Aerolineas Argentinas. When calling Aerolineas Argentinas, in order to find out the reservation code I should use for making the check-in on-line, after a very long wait I ended up talking with the most rude agent I’ve ever encountered. According to her I should have never called AR for this matter since I hadn’t used them for my initial booking. Furthermore, she accused me several times during the call for interrupting her, when I simply tried to explain to her that all I wanted to know was the reservation code that they must have for my reservation in their system. She kept on repeating that she does not work for Air France and eventually, she just hang up! So far so good for Skyteam! Worried about what may be next, I arrived at the airport two hours before departure, to find a nearly empty check-in line. So far, so good! Boarding took place relatively easily, bearing in mind we're in Argentina although by a single bus for a full B-737. Once airborne, a sandwich box and coffee/soft drinks were offered, but of course one shouldn’t ask for beer or wine (despite being a country producing so many great wines), as all you get is a disapproving reply from the cabin crew stating that they don’t serve them on “regional” flights. Well, if their region extends to flights over two hours, I wonder, who made up that policy! At least, landed in time in Santiagio!
RouteAEP to SCL
Date FlownMay 2016

"service above average"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Rosario to Buenos Aires with Aerolineas Argentinas. The service is good. Catering consists on a cookie and a juice. Enterntainment is reasonable for the duration of the flight. Seats are also reasonable for regional flights. Service not outstanding but clearly above average. Priority services are OK given that Aerolineas uses Sky Priority rules
AircraftE190
RouteROS to AEP
Date FlownApril 2016

"biggest criticism was check-in"

(Netherlands Antilles)

Verified Review | I recently flew from Bogotá to Buenos Aires and back on Aerolineas Argentinas. I was not sure what to expect, because reviews are very mixed. Both stretches were flown on their A340. On the outbound route, the seats were very old/outdated, although reasonably comfortable. The in-flight system was very limited with just 4 movies and not the best. On the inbound flight we had a different plane and the seats looked much better, although overall they were the same type, but the video screens were much larger. There was also a bigger choice in movies. On both flights the cabin crew was very attentive and pleasant. The meals, although quite abundant, were mediocre in taste, and in both cases, something or the other was forgotten (like the dressing). Bread was cold and/or stale. My biggest point of criticism was the check-in. I had a carry-on weighing 12.3 kilos. First at the counter in Bogotá they made a big fuss over size, but this particular TUMI bag does fit maximum accepted standards. They insisted I fit it in the thing to measure it and when they saw for themselves it did meet size requirements, they insisted to weigh it and told me to either take out the 2.3 kilos or have it checked. This when on Copa and Avianca they let me take it in on board in Economy, no questions asked, and this was business! On the inbound flight they had 3 counters in Buenos Aires with SkyPriority signs, but all 3 were unstaffed. The last check-in agent just walked away with leaving passengers in the SkyPriority line without saying anything. When I complained to the girl who did check me in at an economy counter, she said I had arrived just during a schedule change (how weird!). All in all it was a mixed bag with the actual flight a much better experience than the experience on the ground. To me their way of dealing with business class passenger in the check-in procedure leave much (!) to be desired. They did not treat us special, on the contrary. It was fussy to say the least.
RouteEZE to BOG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"will think twice to fly again"

(Israel)

A domestic Aerolineas Argentinas flight from Puerto Iguazu to Buenos Aires (Aeroparque). The scheduled time of depart was 9:20AM. As we arrived to the airport, no one told us that there is a delay and we were after check-in and security. Finally, we left the small airport at 12:40pm after more than 3 hours of waiting then the excepted. Plane was Boeing 737-700 with easyjet seats which were OK. The snack box was okay and decent for the 1 hour and 45 mins of the flight. Aeroparque's terminal is very nice, clean and comfortable. Next time I will think twice to fly with Aerolineas Argentinas.
RouteIGR to AEP
Date FlownMay 2015

"the good service"

Trelew to Buenos Aires. I was surprised by the good service. I wanted to pay for extra kilo's of luggage since the maximum is 15kgs for an inbound flight and I will fly intercontinental later on. My suitcase was 18kgs but the ground stewardess told me that I don't have to pay for it, 18kgs is no problem at all. I reserved a window seat (5F) and when I came to that place, only 5D was available. My neighbor was a crying baby. In that moment I thought that this was going to be a worse flight. Then a man came to me if I wanted to change seats because he was the father of the crying baby. So: yes please. Still no window seat and I tried to explain that it was rude to take my windowseat, but I don't think he understood. I didn't expect food and drink service for a 1:50hr flight, but they offered us lovely cookies and a drink. Good job for this airline!
RouteREL to EZE
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I am overall pleased"

Buenos Aires to Miami. I have flown Aerolineas Argentinas 10 years ago, and I I was not looking forward to this trip, but since my friends bought it, I was forced to join. To my surprise the airplane was new, excellent condition and even had entertainment. I think it was way better than my Iberia from Madrid to Buenos Aires. The food was very good, I had beef, which is no surprise when you think it's an Argentinian airline. Also wine was great and the crew was professional and efficient. They seemed to be very happy with their job. Entertainment was great on the A330 but not that great on the A340. Of course they are not Emirates or Qatar, but I am overall pleased with this airline.
RouteEZE to MIA
Date FlownNovember 2015

"business class seats old"

Rosario to Barcelona via Buenos Aires with Aerolineas Argentinas. Horrible airplane, no plug in for the laptop. Unacceptable in Business Class. Food was horrible, awful croissant and roll, not eatable. Business class seats old, not possible to lay flat completely. It was possible to sleep, therefore with this respect ok. No Airshow, it was frozen after 30 minutes flight and it wasn't reset, even after flight attendants were notified. No chance to know where we are.
RouteROS to BCN via EZE
Date FlownDecember 2015

"very good service"

Flew with some friends from Buenos Aires to Iguazu and back in late october with Aerolineas Argentinas. Very good service, specially the cabin crew was very polite and nice and I was surprised by their fluency in german. The flight was comfortable, in time and snacks given was quite abundant for such a short trip. I really can't complain about anything.
RouteAEP to Iguazu
Date FlownOctober 2015

"in-flight service usually good"

Buenos Aires Aeroparque to Mar Del Plata on 17th November, a 6:45am flight actually on Austral E-190. Weather was bad and lightning delayed many flights. Aerolineas Argentinas agents at the gates are either super nice or super awful. The screen says "see agent" for the flight, and the agents don't know anything. Finally after 3 hours they assign our gate and we board by bus and stairs in the pouring rain. Nice Austral E-190 - love these planes. Good knee-room. In-seat video, not a great selection but for the short domestic flights its fine. Flight attendants were all smiles. AR ground service is always bad, but their in-flight service is usually good. Arrived after 40 minute flight - bags off quick in the small terminal. Arrived safe so that is key.
AircraftE-190