Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"negative point is transfer at Sheremetyevo"

Trip Verified | Vladivostok to Zurich via Moscow. At registration in Vladivostok, I was allowed to register my luggage straight to Zurich, which I did in spite of the negative comments about baggage transfer in Sheremetyevo. At boarding of first leg to Moscow (3C, day flight), smiling welcome and French champagne. Comfortable leather-covered seat. Very good meals (lunch and dinner) in china tableware served on white linen by staff fluently speaking English. I always read while flying, and I never use the in-flight entertainment, so I cannot judge its quality. However, very relaxing >9-hour flight. Transfer in Moscow first by bus to the police, then passport control again for exiting the country, and finally very long walk to lousy "Classic" lounge in front of my gate. Second leg to Zurich, also very comfortable in a large armchair (business seat rows 2 x 2), champagne again followed by light but good dinner. Smooth landing in Kloten where I had to wait for my baggage (no priority). All in all, excellent flights and good service, yet still slightly inferior to Qatar, which remains my favourite. The only negative point is the transfer at Sheremetyevo but I am not sure that Aeroflot can do much about that.
AircraftA330-300 / A320
RouteVladivostok to Zurich via Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2017

"one of the best carriers in Europe"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Warsaw. A new plane and good service on board. I was amazed, when I called for a stewardess to ask for a water, and she came with water even having heard my request. She assumed in advance that I need a water when landing. Aeroflot is definitely one of the best carriers in Europe!
RouteMoscow to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2017

"crew pleasant and helpful"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | It was a flight from Lisbon to Saint Petersburg via Moscow. The first and huge problem is no chance to check in online. You had to go to the airport early in the morning and stay in a long line because Aeroflot can not offer online check in. Apparently no free gate in the whole airport. All passengers were carried by a few buses to the Aeroflot aircraft. It is strange for a national airline, isn’t it? The breakfast was good an well served. The quality of food was enough for an economy class. Crew was pleasant and helpful. They made first aid to one passenger. The flight from Moscow to St. Petersburg was without delay. We were confused with our gate as the display showed another flight number. We were carried by bus not directly to the plane but to stairs to mobile stairway leading into the airplane. It was like a whole trip along SVO airport.
RouteLisbon to Saint Petersburg via Moscow

"a far superior service"

Verified Review | After my last dreadful experience with Ukraine International Airways (review dated 21st June 2017), I reverted to Aeroflot. Aeroflot offer a far superior service (with better seating, including adequate meals and drinks, and obliging crew) for about the same price. (There is no in flight entertainment on these flights, however, but who cares). Flight landed in London 10 minutes early which was great. One niggle was that both flights in Moscow needed a bus connection to / from the plane, so I dropped one point in the overall rating.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A321
RouteYerevan to London via Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2017

"overall I had a good experience"

Verified Review | Venice to Los Angeles via Moscow. I booked this last minute due to Air Berlin going bankrupt and cancelling our flights. Had some hesitation, but overall I had a good experience. Premium economy rate was reasonable, however seat choice was problematic. The recline was adequate, but could have used higher feet elevation. Staff were attentive and friendly. I packed enough essential items on my carry ons in case the actual luggage got lost, since so many complaints of losing luggage, ours arrived on our destinations just fine. They are Very strict on weight of luggage, they will weigh the carry ons 10 kg max each and the regular luggage 23 kg max, I almost had a problem in Venice. My husband and I were allowed 2 check in each total of 4, we were checking in only 3 so we had ample extra but I packed the bags 24 kg, 25 kg, 15 kg. They insisted to move the luggage around even though we could have more. So make sure to pack under each suitcase. The food in flight was delicious, they had sea bass, halibut, beef brisket,etc. Even for 3 or 4 hr flight they served a full meal. However, they serve the drinks first, so don't finish the drinks or ask for 2,if you like drinking during your meals. The movie selection was adequate, the headphones are 2 prong, they only distribute once the plane is in flight so bring your own if you have one. There is a USB charger. People bring pets in the plane, small dogs,etc. The lady next to me wanted to put her dog by my foot, and I refused, they should be made to buy business class for more space, plus she put her dirty, bare foot on the food tray to elevate, which was gross, and she ate there! At the airport they sometimes bus you to the smaller planes, and it is cold! Bring warm clothing, thick jacket, scarf, hat. The waiting room in Moscow airport are small, I would find an empty waiting area and head to our terminal once we are closer to boarding. Or in our case we stayed at the V capsule hotel in the airport. Boarding is chaos, no special group boarding, just weave and cut your way into the entrance.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVenice to Los Angeles via Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I expressed my disappointment"

Verified Review | Moscow to Rome. I was not lucky because I had a huge man next to my seat 9D. His left arm and shoulder were pushing me constantly toward the other side of my seat; I was very uncomfortable. I moved to one of the free seats of row 8 (exit door's row) were 4 of the 6 seats were free. A crew attendant came immediately and ordered me to move back to my assigned seat because all seats of row 8 were already taken. Lie, we were already flying for more than half hour! I explained the reason of my change and I asked for another seat. The only one available was in the last row where seats don't recline and are uncomfortable. I expressed my disappointment, but it didn't change their attitude, justifying it with Aeroflot policy. I also offered to pay for the change with no result.
RouteMoscow to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2017

"pleased to recommend Aeroflot"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Guangzhou. Terminal F (2) in Sheremetievo that is often used for long-haul flights was a disaster - crowds, no separate line for business class passengers, a long way in a bus and finally boarding in the heavy rain. Inflight experience with Aeroflot is always better. There was a relatively new craft, both cabin and toilets were clean, chairs were comfortable, food was delicious and finally we were offered good selection of wines. Staff was very friendly and attentive to all our requests. We drank some red wine after dinner, so crew members brought us cheese from breakfast packs. There were problems with the entertainment system but the crew could re-start it in a couple of hours when we crossed the Urals range. I am pleased to recommend Aeroflot to all types of travelers. Ground service in Terminal F should be improve.
AircraftA330-300
RouteMoscow to Guangzhou
Date FlownOctober 2017

"no compensation from the airline"

Verified Review | Heathrow to Hanoi return via Moscow. When we were queuing to board the plane we were called to one side and told the flight had been overbooked and as we had the longest connection time in Moscow we had to wait until the flight the following morning. We were put in a nearby hotel and went back to Heathrow in the morning and got on the next flight. On Aeroflot flights there's minimal drinks on offer, water, orange juice, or wine out of a paper cup. The food is okay, and the seat comfort average. When we landed in Hanoi we found out our bags had not come on the flight with us but the staff did not know where they were, nor could they tell us how long they would take to reach us. This is a huge problem when you're travelling around Vietnam for a month and in two days would be 1000 miles away from Hanoi where the bags would be delivered. We were given a number to call to check on the status of our bags but every time we phoned we were not given any information. A week later we were told our bags had been found. We arranged for them to be sent to hoi an where we picked them up. Absolutely no compensation from the airline, not even an apology. On our return flight our flight was delayed by 5 hours which meant we missed our connection. This would have been okay if Aeroflot arranged a hotel for us until the next flight the following morning. But instead we had to fight our way (literally) through queues at Moscow airport with hundreds of other delayed Aeroflot passengers to get our connecting flight booked, which was a 7am flight the next day. We were then told another rep would arrange our accommodation at midnight, the time now was 9pm. By midnight there was no sign of any rep. Other frustrated passengers started demanding information from the staff that were around but it was no use. At 3am we gave up and went to the gate to wait for 4 hours. The gates were full of hundreds of passengers, including babies and children, on airbeds they were handing out of a room at the end of the terminal. We queued for a further hour to get an airbed. By 4am we were on an airbed and had a couple of hours lay down in the cold airport before our flight to Heathrow. We tried to get good value for our food vouchers and we're able to get a tea, croissant and egg It was a nightmare to fly with Aeroflot.
RouteHeathrow to Hanoi via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"most incompetent service"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Los Angeles via Moscow. By far the worst most incompetent service I have worked with. They will only let you increase your baggage allowance if you request it 36 hours before your flight but it is only a request. This means if they say "no", you will not be able to fly with your baggage. There is no security for the customer. I would have been more than happy to add the additional luggage when buying the ticket but I didn't have this option. I explained this to the customer service representative on the phone and he didn't care about it at all.
RouteTel Aviv to Los Angeles via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2017

"found out our luggage was missing"

(Cyprus)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Shanghai via Moscow in business class. The flights were okay and on time and the business experience is decent. Seats are comfortable of Boeing 777 and was average. When we arrived to Shanghai we found out that our luggage was missing and due to time spending in the airport we missed our connection to Macau. The financial damage was very high as we had to re book our flights and buy some basic stuff as our luggage came only 3 days later. I've tried to reach to Aeroflot support with no luck and I have pending complaint for more than 9 months without 0 replies. They have very poor customer care and I won't recommend to use their flight services in case you need connection.
RouteTel Aviv to Shanghai via Moscow