Top 100 Airlines

Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"inflight it was a mixed experience"

London Heathrow-Moscow return with Aeroflot. Paid a small premium for a non-stop flight, and it was worth it as alternative routings are not convenient. Both flights were on time and there was no waiting for luggage. Inflight it was a mixed experience. Legroom and seat width was very decent on both aircraft, and the A330 even has personal entertainment screens although the system is old and very slow to respond - some passengers gave up. The inflight magazine looks great but shamefully except for a few pages it's entirely in Russian. They serve a small meal on this flight, a slighly reduced version of something you'd get on a transatlantic flight with no dessert. Don't expect Russian cuisine, except for the dry Russian bread. Cabin crew could do with a communication refresher course: on the outbound they were welcoming and friendly, but on the inbound they were devoid of smiles, mechanical with military-like efficiency, and I witnessed some shocking behaviour from one crew member who barked at passengers, even shouting "chicken or lamb?" six times to an elderly passenger who clearly could not undertand English. Shermetyevo airport is a mess both on arrival and departure, clearly not designed for so many passengers, with endless, chaotic queuing and people smoking in the toilets, but not the airline's fault.
AircraftA320 and A330
RouteLHR to SVO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"very decent flight overall"

Verified Review | Flight from Moscow to New York JFK on Sept. 11th 2016. No delays. Smooth check-in and boarding. Attentive and friendly cabin crew. Food (lunch and dinner) was well-presented and tasty. Excellent IFE. Clean aircraft. Very decent flight overall, one of the best I have ever flown in economy class.
RouteJFK to SVO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"making this trip memorable"

We booked a round trip flight for our grandson to fly from Chelyabinsk to Washington DC. He was with his grandmother on the flight to America, and he returned home as an unaccompanied minor. Aeroflot was super in their booking, taking care of all the details, and his flight home to Chelyabinsk was seamless. He had a six hour layover in Moscow which he passed under Aeroflot control, and was escorted to the Chelyabinsk flight with no problems. His checked luggage was sent along to Moscow and then to Chelyabinsk without him having to touch it until arriving at Balindino in Chelyabinsk. He is pretty mature for a nine year old but still this was his first flight alone. We were very impressed with the care Areoflot took to make his flight safe and enjoyable. Thank you Aeroflot for making this trip memorable for our grandson and for his grateful grandparents.
AircraftAirbus 330
RouteIAD to CEK via SVO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"staff very kind"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Yerevan to Rome via Moscow with Aeroflot. New aircraft, clean, staff very kind and all english speaking. Good legroom, very tasty meal. I ordered a special "Indian veg" meal and it was amazing. Baby meals including toys to distract the kids and overall good care and attention for all children. Always on time - excellent value for money.
RouteEVN to FCO via SVO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a bit disappointed with the seats"

Verified Review | Good and efficient check in. Staff spoke adequate English for the task. This Aeroflot flight was a code share and operated by Rossiya Airlines from Ekaterinburg to St Petersburg. The plane left and landed on time. The plane was clean and looked fairly new. I was a bit disappointed with the seats as they were economy standards with the middle seat not used. There was limited recline and no IFE on a three hour flight. The meal was adequate not good and it was not possible to get good food in the lounge. Cabin staff were polite and had adequate English. Only Russian newspapers were offered. Baggage was slow coming off the flight and my priority labelling did not help get it to me quickly as mine was one of the last unloaded.
RouteSVX to LED
Date FlownJuly 2016

"you do get what you pay for"

Los Angeles to Berlin via Moscow. Our first flight was delayed which caused us to miss our connecting flight. When we returned back to LAX from Moscow, our flight was delayed by almost two hrs. Thankfully our connecting flight was 5 hrs after so we didn't miss our connecting flight. It seems to me that they have many delays. So be mindful if you decide to purchase a ticket with them. The service was not the best, food was mediocre and the inflight entertainment was decent. On their smaller flights you have to pay for food or drinks. In terms of price, they are reasonable, and you do get what you pay for.
RouteLAX to TXL via SVO
Date FlownJuly 2016

"and I loved the flights"

Verified Review | JFK New York to Tel Aviv Israel via Moscow with Aeroflot. After reading all mixed reviews online I was pretty nervous. I am happy to say that I am so happy I took a chance and I loved the flights. I will never hesitate to fly with Aeroflot again. The food could be better a bit more flavor but everything else was fantastic! Do not hesitate to fly with them.
RouteJFK to TLV via SVO
Date FlownMay 2016

"domestic seats more comfortable"

DEL-SVO was an early morning flight on a brand new Boeing 737-800. No IFE, mediocre vegetarian food, no free alcoholic drinks. The cabin lights were left on for too long, which made it difficult to sleep. Economy class seats with little legroom (31-32" pitch). SVO-MRV-SVO domestic sector seats were more comfortable and crew were more friendly, and served a sandwich and soft drinks. The return SVO-DEL flight was similar, except we managed to get the front row seats (row 6) in the economy class which made the experience better. Food was better, too, but no free alcoholic drinks. Overall a mixed experience. The passport control at SVO, in both directions, was a different story!
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A320
RouteDEL to MRV via SVO
Date FlownJune 2016

"I recommend this airline"

Los Angeles to Barcelona via Moscow with Aerflot - this is a long flight but the trip went by fast. Had 2 main meals and 1 snack during the flight. All was included in the price. I had one carry on camera bag and 1 checked bag. No charge for the checked bag. I purchased my ticket 9 months in advance and only paid $665.00 R/T. I had a great flight. I recommend this airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLAX to BCN via SVO
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"customer service wasn't very good"

Verified Review | Prague to Shanghai via Moscow with Aeroflot. The ticket was cheap and I got to my destination on time. No damage to my suitcase and a relatively short layover in Moscow. However, the customer service wasn't very good. The flight attendants came across as cold and the plane was obviously understaffed (especially the SVO to PVG leg) and therefore it took the lone flight attendant forever to hand out meals and collect trays afterwards. The inflight entertainment had rather limited choices and there were no snacks available throughout the flight in the galley - only drinks. There were also fewer lavatories on Aeroflot's B777 compared to some other airlines. The layover in SVO wasn't pleasant at all. There were only a handful of seats near the departure gate and no free WiFi connection that would be actually working with my or my partner's smartphone. The corridors there are pretty narrow and crowded. Thankfully my layover was short. Overall, it was alright given the very low price, I suppose, but I will probably avoid flying with Aeroflot for some time - the few bucks that I saved weren't worth the discomfort.
RoutePRG to PVG via SVO