Vote Now

Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"the crew were friendly and will help you if you have a question"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Flew from Brussels to Moscow with Aeroflot. It was an older aircraft, some issues with the seats and there wasn't enough space for my legs (187cm). The crew speaks fluent Russian and a bit English. The food was good (meat, chicken, special meals) and the crew were friendly and will help you if you have a question.
RouteBrussels to Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the food was really good"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Flew Aeroflot from Moscow (SVO) to Brussels (BRU). It took a while to board. It was an older aircraft. For someone that measures 187 cm, there wasn't enough space. The crew spoke fluent Russian and only a little bit of English. However, when you have a problem, they will try to help you. The food was really good and there wasn't any inflight entertainment in economy class.
RouteMoscow to Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flight was quite nice and pleasant"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Moscow. I usually fly with Aeroflot and I like this airline. My flight was quite nice and pleasant, they take care about passengers and reached a lot at improving their service. However some staff who gave me glass of water showed unfriendly face without smile and words you are welcome.
RouteHong Kong to Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"happy with Aeroflot in the past - not today"

(Armenia)

Verified Review | I was flying Aeroflot from London to Yerevan via Moscow, both flights Aeroflot. My flight was delayed from London to Moscow, and I had to run to catch the connecting flight. I was told at the transfer passport desk they will wait for me and I wouldn't miss my flight. But I found no one at the gate. The Aeroflot information desk assistant woman was most unhelpful, slow as hell and spoke like she was doing me a favour: she sent me back to the gate - and for the second time I found an empty gate. Back to her again to find a long queue. I missed my flight because she failed to connect to the staff and she gave me wrong instructions. I had to go back through the security check area and back to the passport check and then get to the main Aeroflot desk to get a ticket for the next flight three hours later. I have been happy with Aeroflot in the past - not today. Horrible service is all I can say.
RouteLondon to Yerevan via Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"as expected for a short flight"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I had a domestic round trip to Tyumen from Moscow on business. Flying domestically in Russia is relatively inexpensive: my ticket was 7000 rubles, roughly 116 USD at the current exchange rate. A similar flight in the US would be 2 to 3 times as expensive and with about the same experience. As always, boarding the plane with Aeroflot is chaotic. Announcements are few, if any. There is no particular order for boarding by zones, so people queue up early. Both flights were at or very near capacity. The flight to Tyumen was uncomfortable, the cabin temperature so warm that I was sweating on the plane. The return flight to Moscow was a little better, but the cabin temperature was still warm. Seats were cramped with very little leg room on this B737-800. Both flights had in-flight meal consisting of a sandwich, small fruit bar, and a mandarin orange, but considering it was only a 2.5 hour flight getting anything in economy/coach is a bonus. The flight attendants were professional but not particularly cordial. Arriving in Moscow Sheremetovo we had to wait in a holding pattern due to a heavy snowstorm, but still landed on time. We had to descend from a mobile platform and board a bus to take us from the tarmack to the terminal, and with the snow it was a bit slippery. All in all it was nothing particularly special or memorable, and with the exception of the cabin temperature, it was as expected for a short flight.
RouteMoscow to Tyumen
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"way back there was again a delay"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Bangkok via Moscow. We started with almost an hour delay from Amsterdam. Arrived in Moscow and had to leave the plane using a slippery stairway. Snow was fallen there. From Moscow there was again a delay, so we arrived Bangkok two hours late. Then there was a problem with the luggage, and because of this I missed my flight to Chiang Rai, so I had to buy that ticket again. On the way back there was again a delay and luggage which was delivered 1 day later at my home.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2016

"abysmal service displayed throughout the entire journey"

Verified Review | Flew London Heathrow to Beijing via Moscow. My only reason to write this review is to warn other Skyteam members not to fly with Aeroflot. From booking to flight, aside from the planes being relatively new and a lower price than the poor standard Chinese airlines there is no other reason to fly with them. Despite being a Platinum member I was unable to book any economy comfort seats nor even an exit seat, they are all blocked for Aeroflot members only - and on the London to Moscow leg all the exit seats were empty and we were not allowed to move to them. On the 9.5 hour Beijing leg there are no extra legroom seats as they are only available on the 777's, so you are on an aircraft that most airlines use on medium haul with only 30 inches legroom - the cabin was crammed with people all over the place and as normal rather large people at that with legs in the aisles. Check-in was supposed to start at 7.40 but we waited until 8am whilst listening to the staff stories about the night before whilst they drank their coffee, the start of abysmal service displayed throughout the entire journey. Flight left 1 hour late and then at Moscow was delayed again by 1.15 whilst they de-iced the wings. The food was not only poor it was inedible, and I had the same AVML meal on both legs plus no alcohol at all, and when questioned all I got was a curt "we never have any" reply. Why on earth not? There is no religious reason on flights to China and even China Eastern has 2 bottles of red and white. Lounges were typical Eastern European, absolutely packed and with no hot food whatsoever, I managed to find some coleslaw and sweet bread plus some Chilean wine to keep me going as I'd eaten nothing for over 6 hours. Entertainment system was zero on the flight from London, not even a communal TV nor any music, and on the Beijing flight it kept breaking down. At no time did any staff walk around with drinks, there are no snacks available not even noodles and if you press your call button they do not answer. I can only assume that the reason to travel with them is the price, it was a terrible experience from start to finish.
AircraftA320 and A330-200
RouteLHR to PEK via SVO
Date FlownDecember 2016

"exceeded my expectations"

Verified Review | Moscow to New York JFK. Just recently used Aeroflot and they exceeded my expectations. Good professionalism and appearance of crew members, good cleanliness. Inflight entertainment (great selection of movies, cartoons, games with remote) and my favorite is the food. 10 hr flight with 2 meals (appetizer, main course with 2 options, dessert), ice in between meals. Soft drinks offer a good selection, complimentary wine. We are talking about economy class, not many airlines offer you all that (for no extra charge). They provided headphones, blanket, pillow, eyesleep mask. If your flight is 1 hour (like from St. Petersburg to Moscow) to my surprise, what they called snack was a tasty sandwich, yogurt and chocolate bar, coffee, tea, juices.
RouteSVO to JFK
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"all in all a good airline"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Yakutz return via Moscow. FLight from TLV to SVO left on time, I had three seats for myself, breakfast was fine, crew as usual professional. I just wish they would serve the drinks with your meal, and not 30 min before, and clear the trays when they serve coffee/tea. But they insist on doing 4 runs: Drinks, meals, hot drinks, clearing. It could be reduced to two cycles, better for passengers and less work for crew. A 6 hours layover in Moscow, and then a B737-800 to Yakutz. Boarding delayed by an hour, with no explanations or apologies. Flight To Yakutz full, cabin temp very high and uncomfortable. Many passengers around me were hot, but I was the only one to approach a crew member about it. They all promised to do something about it, but didn't. After 4 hours of stifling heat, I started to feel ill, and approached another cabin crew, who seemed really interested in our misery, and suddenly the temp dropped to a comfortable level. I guess someone finally pushed that temp control button. Food was ok, but again,such a long process. The return YKS SVO was better, had 3 seats for myself, food was ok, and cabin crew efficient but not friendly. Moscow to Tel Aviv again on A321, again very hot cabin, it seems the norm at SU. We had the same issue with them going to Japan last year. All in all a good airline, cabin crew is the only shining star at SU. Ground crew in SVO rude, and snaps at you when you ask a question.
AircraftA321 / Boeing 737-800
RouteTLV to YKS via SVO
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the drinks were completely miserly"

Verified Review | Flew Aeroflot from New York to Moscow. To start off, the flight was delayed - nearly 6 hrs. We checked in OK. Managed to get reasonable seats. Even after we boarded, the flight seemed to take forever to take off. Since this is a long flight, we had video entertainment on board and was glad that everything functioned. This was not so on the outward leg of this journey - nothing worked then. The food was passable. The little white bread roll was tough enough to be shoe leather. However, the drinks were completely miserly. Barely one glass of low quality wine. No spirits, no beer. Our next flight out of Moscow was again over 6 hr later. Over 6 hr flying time to Dubai, but there was no video entertainment on board. This is standard on most airlines where one's flight is over 3 hrs. Food - passable low quality. Along with the likes of American Airlines, Delta, I will definitely avoid Aeroflot in the future. The airline, is definitely not in the same league as Emirates or Qatar. Sheremetyevo airport - has the worst restaurants of any modern airport.
AircraftBoing 777-300ER