Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"staff were polite and friendly"

Trip Verified | Sochi to St Petersburg via Simferopol. Fast check in in Sochi and the flight left and arrived in Simferopol on time. This was a short internal flight so there was no inflight entertainment (was not expected). We were provided with a drink and a light snack - perfectly adequate on a short 80 minute flight. My seat was comfortable and I had adequate legroom. The plane was clean. Cabin staff on both flights had adequate English and were polite and friendly. Very slow check in (40 minutes plus) at Simferopol to St Petersburg and was not given any assistance or expedited check in (I was using a walking stick) so was in considerable pain when I actually got to the check in counter and so asked and was provided with a wheel chair to get from the check in counter to the plane. It was a longer evening flight again without any ife and a substantial snack and drink was provided early in the flight. The plane was clean and everything worked. Luggage came quite quickly off the flight
RouteSochi to St Petersburg via Simferopol

"my luggage was lost"

Trip Verified | New York to Moscow, when arrived in Moscow I found out that my luggage was lost, I filled out 4 different applications at the airport, I also filled out at least 2 online, talked with customer service and nothing yet. Nobody even can tell me where is my luggage in New York, Moscow or somewhere else. At least I speak Russian, I can’t imagine if foreigner would be at the same situation.
RouteNew York to Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Excellent in flight service"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Moscow. Excellent in flight service. Friendly flight attendants, very helpful, sincere. Nutritious food with smaller portions, healthy. Clean cabin, bathrooms. Will fly again. Ground service at Sheremetjevo: Waited to check in for flight at business class counter (coming back from Moscow to LA) Could not verify my confirmed assigned seat. I was sent away to check with the other kiosk. Waited. Was not helped properly by the rep. In the window, she sent me to her manager. No help. All looked at their screen as if it was blank. I showed my confirmation of flights that were paid for on my phone. Was not clicking. Then they sent me to the customer service kiosk about 7 min walk away from the check in area. There, the gentleman took 30 minutes to figure it out. Obviously they gave away my seat and had to issue me a new one. I lost 1 hour 40 minutes running back n forth between all kiosks. Your ground ticket/customer service suck. Almost was late to my flight. Lack of empathy there.
RouteLos Angeles to Moscow
Date FlownJune 2018

"good value for the money"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Tel Aviv. The ground service was much better than Tel Aviv, but I still did not like the security check at Moscow airport because it takes a lot of time. Families who travel with children and elderly people or people with disabilities are eligible to board the plane first, so it was a pleasant experience we did not experience in Tel Aviv. On the flight from Moscow to Tel Aviv they also registered our names before boarding the plane to see if they all arrived (which did not happen in Tel Aviv and that's why we delayed another hour in Tel Aviv!). The chair was the most comfortable but the entertainment system worked properly this time, but the food was not surprising, and it was not very tasty (especially the meat). Hard landing but overall good value for the money I gave!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMoscow to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJuly 2018

"TLV ground service was terrible"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Moscow, the TLV ground service was terrible. Because the plane was big, there were a lot of people waiting in line for inspection and check-in. Business class and Priority were assigned 4 checkin stations and the Economy department had only 3 stations. We had to wait in line for more than an hour and a half just to get through 20 people who were standing in line for one inspection station! I sat in 30H, whose entertainment system did not work properly, the touch screen did not respond and the headset was not connected properly. The food was just fine and not something special.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow

"an amazing service"

(China)

Trip Verified | Amazing trip! Flew from Beijing to Rostov-on-Don via Moscow. First of all want to thank all cabin crew for an amazing service, they all were extremely friendly and hospitable. Food, drinks, onboard service and IFE were above expectations, flight itself was quite smooth and comfortable. The ground service in Sheremetyevo still needs to be improved. I speak Russian but for other foreigners the communication is still a struggle. Staff is often reluctant to even attempt to speak English. Customer service agents in Aeroflot contact center were very helpful as well, which was a pleasant surprise.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBeijing to Rostov via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2018

"traveling with a musical instrument"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Sochi, Russia via Moscow Sheremetyevo. Check-in staff in Tokyo was pleasant and helpful. The A330 from Tokyo to Moscow had an average interior, seatback entertainment was average. Onboard food was terrible, I wish I'd taken more snacks with me before boarding. Flight attendants seemed pleasant. Lavatory was dirty. Upon arrival at Moscow Sheremetyevo, I was completing the International to domestic transfer process when an Aeroflot staff walked up to me, grabbed my boarding pass with baggage tags attached and ripped them up. I was told that because I was traveling with a musical instrument (violin), I could not board the next flight with anything else other than the violin (I also had a computer, camera and Ipad in a personal bag). They threatened to cancel my onward journey if I didn't pay 7500 rubles to check my empty personal bag. Why wasn't this rule enforced at check-in? I would have dealt with it then without the threats and disrespect from employees in Moscow. It was by far the worst experience I've ever had in over 15 years of traveling frequently for work.
AircraftA330 / A321
RouteTokyo to Sochi via Moscow

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Horrible service and behavior of ground staff. I was returning from Helsinki to New Delhi via Moscow. I was supposed to get two boarding passes from Helsinki airport, which they were unable to provide as according to them, the flights from Moscow to India was overbooked and they could not provide the boarding pass. As the layover time at Moscow was only for 2 hours, I was a little bothered. But with no option left I reached Moscow and ran to the ground staff for the next boarding pass which they said I would not get as the flight is overbooked. So they were providing me a flight which was in the evening or the next day. I had connecting flight scheduled from Delhi to Bangalore but they said nothing can be done. After a lot of arguments finally they allowed me to board the flight, I started waiting in front of the gate assigned for boarding. Boarding time as mentioned in the boarding pass started but there was no staff from the Aeroflot at the desk. Suddenly one of the fellow passenger came to our rescue saying she heard someone say there has been a gate change. At the gate only 7-8 people were waiting to board the flight. So it was like do panic again and run for information here and there and finally find out the proper gate from where the real boarding was happening and majority of the passengers were standing. After getting into flight I realized it was without any inflight entertainment and the journey was for 7 hours. Regarding the toilets, 2 of them were spared for the economy class people and rest were for business class. The worst trip I had in my life.
RouteHelsinki to New Delhi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2018

"miraculously find my luggage"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Murmansk to Moscow via St. Petersburg. The leg from St. Petersburg to Moscow was uneventful. However, my luggage was not delivered and therefore I reported at lost luggage desk at Sheremetyevo Airport. Much to my surprise, the lady at the desk was not able to track the luggage stating, that computer tracking system is not available and most likely they just did not manage to load my luggage during my transfer in St. Petersburg. Given, I was in transfer for 14 hrs, not a very credible explanation. I was assured that once the luggage will reach Moscow, I would be updated. However, in the absence of the computerized tracking system, she was not able to estimate neither when this could happen nor where the luggage actually is. Once she was done with the obligatory protocol, they miraculously find my luggage (which was supposed to be in St. Petersburg) just at the next door luggage carousel in Moscow. Landed at 5am, I was leaving the airport with my luggage as late as at 6.30 am. Astonished to learn, that Aeroflot is apparently lacking a computerized luggage tracking capability.
RouteMurmansk to Moscow SVO via St.Petersburg
Date FlownJune 2018

"Cabin crew were friendly"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to London and return. Positives: Check-in at both SVO and LHR was very efficient despite huge passenger flow due to the World Cup. The aircraft was clean and well-maintained. Cabin crew were friendly, professional and efficient. The inflight entertainment had decent selection of movies. Good selection of drinks and a very nice desert. Menu cards and metal cutlery were a nice touch. Drawbacks: IFE software seemed outdated and was very slow to respond. Earphone sound quality was absolutely horrible, to such an extent that hearing anything through them was almost painful to ears. My hot food option was mediocre at best. Both ways it was quite hot in the cabin.
RouteMoscow to London