Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"Great experience with Aeroflot"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Krasnodar. Great experience with Aeroflot. Very professional check in with a smile, New, clean aircraft, beautiful friendly crew. Very smooth boarding, great quality and very clear passenger announcements. I had a sandwich and apple juice for an in-flight meal, but it was only two hour flight, so it was enough for me. Overall, great airline.
RouteMoscow to Krasnodar
Date FlownMay 2018

"pet carriage rules"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Moscow. Flown Aeroflot a few times until I faced a strange problem due to their pet carriage rules. Travelling alone from SVO to CDG and back I need to take 2 small dogs with me. The flight is not long, the dogs are min pins and the problem is that I do not have travel companion to take the dogs with me. If I put 2 doggies in one crate the combined weight will exceed 8 kg limit (by approximately 1 kilo!!!!; by the way, a regular cabin luggage allowance for Economy is 10kg, for pet crate you are paying extra, but allowed to take up to 8 kg) and if I'll book another ticket for the same route under my name and pay again for the 2nd crate, it wont be possible either. Can they explain why any passenger can take 10kg suitcase in the cabin without paying extra and when you are paying additional fee, you can take a crate up to 8kg only?And why you cannot pay for extra seat and take extra crate? They don't need revenue.
RouteSeoul to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Plane is in very good condition"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Flight on the TLV-SVO line, 777 aircraft was on time, landing ahead of time. Plane is in very good condition, staff were conducted thoroughly and food is of a high standard. A good entertainment system, a clean plane. In short a good alternative depends on the price.
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow
Date FlownApril 2018

"was a little disappointed"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Madrid via Moscow. Flew with economy class due to the cheapest price during long holiday. It was a little disappointed with the plane and staff as the plane was very old and uncomfortable seat/ small legroom. The staff was not very helpful like I expected. Toilet was very dirty. On the way back, i had a chance to re-select the seat to be a long legs seat at the front row. Cabin crew and another passenger were keep crossing and made me could not sleep for whole night.
RouteBangkok to Madrid via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2018

"it disturbed the whole process"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | New check-in procedure: change for worse. Flying form Prague to Moscow, Apr 21. Aeroflot apparently introduced a new dedicated counter for Business Class. So now they process separately Business class, Sky Priority and Economy passengers at the check in. Which might be a good idea at the main Aeroflot airports. However, in Prague it creates a lot of problems, confusions and discomfort. In the past, there was just common Business Class/Sky Priority counter and two for Economy. In this particular case, they checked in all 4 Business class passengers at one counter, 10 SkyPriority passengers at the other counter and all the remaining approx. 150 people at the single, remaining counter. In the past, they had two counters for economy, serving on average. 75 people each. Consequently, the new regime effectively doubled queues (and check in time) for economy passengers, but offered only a very little or no extra comfort for business passengers. Moreover, it disturbed the whole process, because people waiting in a very long queue were continuously trying to sneak in into SkyPriority. It is odd to see one clerk doing nothing and the other being up to their ears in work. Looks like the implementation of this new feature should have been thought out better before its introduction for smaller flights.
RoutePrague to Moscow

"representative sincerely helpful"

Trip Verified | New York to Moscow. I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to an Aeroflot representative who was sincerely helpful during booking of my flight to Moscow at JFK on April 7th 2018. She proved to be very knowledgeable, professional and determined in helping her customer (me), who needed a great deal of support, and direction in that difficult time. Hope all people who fly Aeroflot can experience this very memorable and touching side of humanity.
RouteNew York to Moscow
Date FlownApril 2018

"Aeroflot met my expectations"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Prague. Did a round trip around some Russian cities ending up with the flight back to Prague. It's safe to say that Aeroflot met my expectations. Professional cabin crew, nice and clean aircraft. Enjoyed the fact, that this route was flown with A321, so I had the whole back row for myself. Unfortunately was not able to buy any of Skyshop items offered in the magazine, and aircraft had no in-flight entertainemt, but other than that flight was very pleasant.
RouteMoscow to Prague
Date FlownOctober 2017

"worst flight experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Phuket to Moscow. I am a ruby member of oneworld and a silver member of sky team. That means at least that I have taken many flights in my life and this flight was the worst ever. On board service was awful and profesionalism of cabin crew non-existent. They served us in premium economy lunch and without serving any kind of drinks. The all staff disappeared for more than 40 minutes. After serving the meal they never came back to serve drinks. We had to eat without any kind of drink not even water. Moreover after 40 minutes without any kind of service, most people on premium economy decided to take the trays to the galley. Can you imagine 30 people piling trays in the small galley? It was a very long trip and no bottle of water was served during flight. Worst flight experience ever.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePhuket to Moscow

"No customer service"

Trip Verified | Paris to Shanghai via Moscow. Our flight was 2hours delayed in Paris, therefore, we couldn't have the transfer in Moscow. They offer us to stay one night in the Novotel, nearby the airport. A driver were supposed to come at 10pm to pick us up. He came at the end at 11:35pm (the hotel was 5 minutes away from the airport). The staff was so incompetent and unpleasant. There were rude to us, they did not tell a word about anything, they did not communicate at all. Every time we had a request, they answered "wait a moment". We wait til midnight, once at the Novotel Hotel, and it was a joke. They took us through the garbage local and then we had to queue because the scanned our passport before getting into our rooms. They knocked in our doors the all night and wake us up at 5am calling on the phone and knock our doors. No customer service at all, they were horrible.
RouteParis to Shanghai via Moscow

"I do not recommend "

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | vMunich to Moscow returning from St Petersburgh. Aeroflot is SkyTeam and depart from the Terminal 1 in MUC, that is a nightmare. In Minsk you have more comfort than there. Check in was smooth however. At the boarding there was a small confusion cause some people from connecting flights were called separately and everybody thought that boarding started. Plane clean, comfortable seats, a blanket on every seat. Cabin staff is also very friendly, good language knowledge, however no IFE. What really made me angry was the food. Theoretically you can choose between chicken and beef. Practically even if there was chicken, it was out a few rows before me. I left my warm meal, bread was tasteless, sweet not much better. On the back flight similar positive impressions about the plane and crew. As this was Rossiya flight for Aeroflot only cold meal was served. Sandwich with thick slice of Russian bacon. Well, if you are hungry enough. I do not recommend just for the sake of bad meal service. Swiss and Turkish remain my favourites in Europe
RouteMunich to Moscow