Top 100 Airlines

Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"customer service wasn't very good"

Verified Review | Prague to Shanghai via Moscow with Aeroflot. The ticket was cheap and I got to my destination on time. No damage to my suitcase and a relatively short layover in Moscow. However, the customer service wasn't very good. The flight attendants came across as cold and the plane was obviously understaffed (especially the SVO to PVG leg) and therefore it took the lone flight attendant forever to hand out meals and collect trays afterwards. The inflight entertainment had rather limited choices and there were no snacks available throughout the flight in the galley - only drinks. There were also fewer lavatories on Aeroflot's B777 compared to some other airlines. The layover in SVO wasn't pleasant at all. There were only a handful of seats near the departure gate and no free WiFi connection that would be actually working with my or my partner's smartphone. The corridors there are pretty narrow and crowded. Thankfully my layover was short. Overall, it was alright given the very low price, I suppose, but I will probably avoid flying with Aeroflot for some time - the few bucks that I saved weren't worth the discomfort.
RoutePRG to PVG via SVO
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"place for more innovation"

(Israel)

Tel Aviv to Guangzhou return via Moscow with Aeroflot. From Tel Avid an A320 in business, very good service, big leg room, good seats. Drinks and meal normal. Moscow to Guangzhou on an A330-300 in economy class. Airplane was full, very long flight, 2 meals which were very similar with no diversity. Drinks were not and even you dry up in such a long flight. You have to go and to ask for water! Seats were normal, as for long flight airline might be more generous and give more space. Return also an A330-300 in Economy class. Long flight, service including drinks was better then former flight. 2 meals which are almost the same. Moscow to Tel Aviv a Boeing 777-300, service of staff normal, entertainment system did not work for my row. Must say, we use this route with Aeroflot, food has improved a lot, but still have place for more innovation.
AircraftA320 / A330 / Boeing 777
RouteTLV to CAN via SVO

"food was good enough"

Flew from New York to Stavropol via Moscow with Aeroflot, and was satisfied with the flight and service. I requested a special low fat meal and food was good enough. Flew back to NY in two weeks and also was satisfied with service and time management. The only thing I dislike is not giving to passengers bottled water. It was very inconvenient to ask about water all the time.
RouteJFK to STW via SVO

"get what you pay for"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Seoul Incheon to Novosibirsk via Khabarovsk. Both legs of the flight were operated by Aurora airlines under the Aeroflot code SU. During the booking on Aeroflot web site this information was not provided. The aircraft were new and clean (all ex Aeroflot). Seats are comfortable. Check-in was smooth and fast. Staff on board was helpful. Disembarkation in Khabarovsk was so slow. We had to wait for more than 20 mins in the airplane. Food on ICN-KHV leg was terrible, KHV-OVB a bit better but still really bad. No AVOD provided. You get what you pay for. Would use this company for my future trips, but food quality must be improved.
RouteICN to OVB via KHV

"seats were uncomfortable"

Verified Review | I flew with Aeroflot from Nice to Tokyo return via Moscow and it was horrible. I didn't expect it to be the best because it was not expensive but there is a minimum. The seats were uncomfortable and service wasn't good, they serve the drinks and a long time later the meal, and were slow to clear trays after you finish eating. Cherry on the cake they lost my luggage on the way back. Meanwhile they didn't explain anything and were not nice at all. After 10 days I received my suitcase damaged and without the handle. Not to mention how it was inside. They didn't take responsibility for anything and didn't even apologize.
RouteNCE to NRT via SVO
Date FlownApril 2016

"good food and excellent staff"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Hong Kong on Aeroflot Boeing 777, and I am glad of the new aircraft. Good food and excellent staff. Quite comfortable seats, everything seems to be fine, but the backrest recline seems no more than economy. So the level of comfort for long-distance flight is not the very best. It is strange that for such an aircraft at SVO Airport we had to use the old terminal.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSVO to HKG

"very pleasant experience"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Flew Moscow to Simferopol with Aeroflot. Very pleasant experience - brand new plane, very comfortable seats and cable, power plugs, usb etc, no entertainment system on this short flight but fully compensated by seats equipped with IPad / personal devices holder - one of the best seats for such short flights.
RouteSVO to SIP
Date FlownApril 2016

"crew friendly and hard working"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Tokyo Narita via Moscow in Business class, returning in Economy class. Tel Aviv to Moscow in a Boeing 777-300 in Business. Comfortable seats, nothing out of this world, crew very polite and friendly, especially the ladies. The males seem more reserved. Cultural thing in the Russian service industry? The cabin was almost empty, but attention was lacking, apparently there were two VIP passengers onboard, and the crew gave them most of the attention. I had to ask for water twice. Most Airlines supply you with a bottle of water to begin with. Lunch service very long and food portions and quality average at best. Transferring in freezing Moscow (-6c) by bus to the Narita bound aircraft, no special bus for business passengers, its ok by Aeroflot to pay 5000usd per ticket and to sit in a frozen crowded bus for a long time. Onboard a charming welcome as usual, but business seats in the A330-300 too hard, an extra mattress is needed like many other airlines do these days to increase comfort. Dinner service took long (3 hours from take off to finish) leaving us with 6 hours to sleep, but wake up call (optional) for breakfast is 2 hours before landing, leaving passengers to sleep 4 hours or give up breakfast. WiFi for a fee in Business is unreal. Purchased a 10USD package that expired before one site could be up. Waste of money. Didn't use again the whole trip (4 segments). Return NRT-SVO-TLV, the first portion again on A333 but in Economy! My request to have four seats for myself and my 11 yr old son, so he could sleep was answered by "we are completely full" - so moved us to a two seater by the window. After takeoff I counted at least 10 rows of 4 seaters with one or two passenger at the most. So much for telling the truth. The agent could have blocked the seats between us, and release them for others if need be. For someone who paid so much for those tickets, I expected more cooperation. I asked to check an upgrade fee, but the ticketing agent took over an hour to calculate the difference in fare, but failed to come up with a confirmed rate. We gave up, as we wished to eat and shop, and didnt fancy waiting so long at check in. Was that rocket science task? Onboard crew less friendly than the usual, seats painfully crowded and very little padding. Food was average again ,most Japanese around me left the food untouched. IFE ok, but sound tracks in bad quality, with much background noise. One cabin crew smashed her trolley against my knee, very painful, but except "sorry" nothing else. Moscow Transit was OK, and a packed Boeing 777-300to TLV. SU joined the misery club of 3-4-3 seating in economy, simply the worst. You keep rubbing shoulders and arms against a stranger, thank god it was 4 hour flight only. On a longer one it would have been a nightmare. Crew this time friendly and hard working, its really the "shining star" of Aeroflot, but the hard product must improve to make them attractive. IFE on B773 excellent, a factor to make you forget that you are a sardine. Food good. Flights on time.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A333
RouteTLV to NRT via SVO
Date FlownMarch 2016

"very pleasant, punctual flight"

Had a very pleasant and punctual 9-hour Aeroflot flight from Vladivostok to Moscow. Nothing to complain about: plane was very new, personnel was friendly, and the two hot meals (ordered vegetarian) were surprisingly good. Entertainment system modern and working, movies were also available in English (although this was a domestic flight). Of course there could be more space between seats in Economy, but that's how it is today with almost every airline on the globe. Ticket price for this 4000-mile-journey was almost ridiculously low (not even 200 EUR).
AircraftA330-300
RouteVVO to SVO
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"could not check in additional luggage"

I flew Aeroflot from LAX to and from Moscow. I brought 2 luggage to the airport counter knowing that as a Sky Team Premium member, I would be able to check in one additional luggage on top of one allowed luggage. According to the counter attendant, since Aeroflot system shows that I am not a Premium Member, I could not check in additional luggage. Even though I presented with the Korean Air Premium Membership card they flatly denied to check in the luggage. I went to Korean Air Counter and brought the manager to Aeroflot counter then Aeroflot demanded some kind of printout of my membership, then they allowed. It took more than 2 hours to check in. When I tried to check in at Moscow, same thing was repeating all over. However, this time I did not have Korean Air to back me up! Staff were rude and condescending. Again, it took more than 2 hours to check additional luggage! I do not know how to prevent the same trouble in my future travel.
RouteLAX to SVO