Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"added insurance I didn't need"

Trip Verified | Booked to travel Lisbon to Moscow on 11th January. The website is unintuitive, when I tried to download the app, it said it is not suitable for my device. During the booking I realized they added insurance I didn't need and I tried to go back and remove it from the booking, but after I have clicked "back" button, a message appeared that no more seats are available at this price, and I had to buy the same ticket for 80£ more! Honestly, would never use them again, but unfortunately they are one of the few aircompanies flying to Russia non-stop.
RouteLisbon to Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"drinks come 30 min after food"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Moscow in economy class. I've flown with Aeroflot four times. On the good side the fleet is new, boarding experience is OK. In Aeroflot economy class for some reason the drinks come 30 min after food. The flight attendants remove dirty trays only after the drink service. So, first you sit for 30 min waiting for coffee for you desert and after another 30 min with dirty tray. The food in economy has plastic taste to me, on flights I've flown there is no in-flight entertainment, no in-flight WiFi. Sheremetyevo airport is small, difficult to navigate (try to get from the arrivals hall to the departures hall in terminal D), bad traffic.
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow

"ruined my trip"

Trip Verified | Delhi to New York via Moscow. Aeroflot ruined my trip. Flight departing from New Delhi was delayed just 10 minutes before boarding for 5 hours. When asked why, one employee stated that the plane was out of gas and had to stop, while the other stated it was due to weather. No accommodations were made for passengers and flight was delayed further 3 hours. Afterwards, flight from Moscow to JFK was diverted to Washington. We suddenly landed there and found out it was due to weather. We were told we would be provided a hotel. After customs, we came to find that we could not receive our checked in bags and there was no hotel arrangements. We have been told we will receive our bags in 2 days.
RouteDelhi to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"not yet received my baggage"

Trip Verified | I flew KLM from Amsterdam to Moscow and Aeroflot from Moscow to Delhi. On landing at Delhi, I was informed my luggage has not arrived and will be delivered to me in 2 days. I filled the delayed baggage form before boarding my next flight to Mangalore. It's been 12 days I have not yet received my baggage. In spite of dropping multiple mails I haven't received any response. I regret flying with KLM / Aeroflot. I have to fly back to Amsterdam in 10 days. I hope I get my baggage by then.
RouteAmsterdam to Delhi via Moscow
Date FlownDecember 2017

"wait 2 more days for missing bag"

(Azerbaijan)

Trip Verified | Baku to Berlin return via Moscow. It was my first and most probably last experience with Aeroflot. On the way to Berlin everything went smoothly. Edible food, not smiling crew etc. But first thing I've noticed in the cabin was nonexistence of the IFE system. Not even Business class passengers had personal screens. Especially red eye flights are unbearably boring without IFE. I was expecting to come back home in the same way but No! I supposed to leave Berlin on 1st of December 11 pm and but our flight was delayed for 18 hours at first. It was due to bad weather in Moscow according to the airline representative. After a long night at the Schoenefeld airport we're given a hotel room. My re-booked flight (for the next day December 2, 17:00) was delayed for another 4 hours. When we finally made to Moscow SVO (December 3, 00:45), I found out that my connecting flight already departed. I approached to customer service desk with other passengers from the same flight. Got a meal voucher and hotel room again. I had to wait 15 hours for the next flight. Finally after 2 days, I was able to reach my final destination. But Aeroflot's trouble was far from over. At that point my luggage was missing. I had to wait 2 more days for missing bag. However when I got it, the luggage was awfully dameged. Two wheels were ripped off along with other damages.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A320
RouteBaku to Berlin via Moscow

"Surprisingly good experience"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Tel Aviv via Moscow. Surprisingly good experience. Seats were better than average ones from European carriers (on one of my flights there were power outlets available which are a huge plus), food was really fresh. On board service was good, but on the ground in Moscow it was terrible, nobody spoke a word of English. Definitely good value, but keep in mind there is no wifi or entertainment onboard these flights.
RouteStockholm to Tel Aviv via Moscow

"seats were comfortable"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Amsterdam. The ground service was not sufficiently good. For example an urgent boarding was announced but the gate was still closed for 20 minutes afterwards with people crowding in a very narrow space. Despite disorganized boarding the plane was in Amsterdam on time. The airplane was brand new, the staff was nice. The seats were comfortable with enough legroom. The wine was served onboard. The food was a real disappointment though, apart from fish, which was more or less OK, anything else was almost inedible. Such food quality is not something you would expect from a 4-star airline.
RouteMoscow to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Amazing planes, great service"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to New York via Moscow. My experience on Aeroflot Russian Airlines was amazing overall. Amazing planes, great service, layover in Moscow was pleasant. I requested kosher meals on their website and they were given to me without a problem. Great customer service, spoke to them over the phone when I had to change my return date.
RouteTel Aviv to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Cabin crew in general were welcoming"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Flew Aeroflot from Moscow to Astana. Ground services: poor business lounge at SVO with low class selection of food and beverages and it was overcrowded. Seat was OK. Cabin crew in general were welcoming however did not follow the safety rules by allowing passenger (from seat 2A) to move across the cabin while aircraft was taxing to the gate which threatens the safety of other passengers. Baggage handling of this airline is always a mess.
RouteMoscow to Astana
Date FlownDecember 2017

"service is above the average"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Moscow. They become really great company, even for economy class fliers the service is above the average. My son got a really great gift, a small but very nice.The food served was a one you can eat and even enjoy, its a big plus. And the most important, they really flying the times they state and its not something every companies can be proud with.
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow