Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"definitely fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Return flight Amsterdam to Moscow SVO. On both flights the cabins were bright and modern and clean. Crew on both flights were friendly and polite. Hot meals (hearty, decent not overly sophisticated) and blankets on this routes made the service complete. Interestingly enough the flights were dry (no alcohol served). A huge amount of magazines are to be found in the seat pocket, the inflight magazine however was not interesting at all for international travellers since after 250+ pages in only Russian, a ten page english summary is provided. This is my major point of feedback; please be more considerate to non Russian travellers. I found the seats on the A321 much more comfortable (slim designed new seats with good legroom and personal device holder) than on the A330 (hard, more narrow, very limited legroom, made even worse by the hundreds of pages of magazines pressing against your knees, I'm 1,79m). But all in all I enjoyed both my flights and if they offer a competitive price would definitely fly with them again.
AircraftA330 / A321
RouteAmsterdam to Moscow SVO
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"my luggage hasn't arrived"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I used Aeroflot to travel from Havana to Istanbul return with a connecting flight in Moscow. Both of the experiences were horrible. First, they departed around 40 min late from Havana which caused me and several other passengers miss the connecting flight from Moscow to Istanbul. They were rude and not providing any decent help or assistance at Moscow airport. Their staff can dare to ask you "what do you want?" when you're trying to get help after stacking at the airport. We had to wait for the next flight to Istanbul for 4 hours. Yesterday I flew back to Havana from Istanbul. It departed around 1,5 hour late from Istanbul and there was 1 hour 50 minutes time in between the connecting flights. I barely caught the plane from Moscow to Havana, running all over the airport in Moscow with rude assistance ordering me like "run, you have 3 min, no more!". My ultimate destination was Cancun, Mexico so I took another flight from Havana (my luggage was checked in from Istanbul to Cancun directly so I didn't need to collect it until Cancun). When I arrived at Cancun, I found out that my luggage hasn't arrived. It was left in Moscow and supposed to be delivered next day (I'm still waiting as of Sep 12, flew on Sep 11. I will update my review). The meals served were horrible and planes uncomfortable. Old chairs, very tight leg space even for a short person like me, my TV barely working.
RouteIstanbul to Havana via Moscow

"I can’t fault Aeroflot"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately our original flight was so delayed that the ground crew decided to cancel our tickets as we would miss our connection and there was no other flight to London. Ground crew were fantastic, provided accommodation and meal vouchers. As it was the end of school holidays, it was chaos and it was almost impossible to find seats on another aircraft. They searched for a couple of hours and managed to book us with another company. All free of charge of course. Although we arrived one day late, I can’t fault Aeroflot.
RouteHong Kong to London via Moscow
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"know where our luggage is"

Trip Verified | London to Shanghai via Moscow. They delayed my flight and I missed my original flight in Moscow. They proceed to give no information and are not helpful. They changed my ticket from Moscow to Beijing to Shanghai causing me to have a longer flight. The flight to Beijing was annoying and bad, Aeroflot had previously told me my luggage will be be in Shanghai. However, we asked at Beijing if they know where our luggage is. The Beijing staff proceeded to help us look for it and it was in lost and found.
RouteLondon to Shanghai via Moscow
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"haven’t received my baggage"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Moscow. Everything was ok on my first trip, but while I was coming back it was the worst flight that I ever had. I will never fly with Aeroflot again. When I got in JFK it was 11 and it took almost half an hour to go out. It was around 11.30 pm I was waiting for my baggage I waited there till 01.30 am for my baggage, I asked one of the employees to see what was going on. They said my baggage never came to NY and it was still in Moscow. I understand it could happen they had 10 hrs to let us know (it took 10 hrs from us to come from Moscow). It’s been 4 days but I haven’t received my baggage.
RouteIstanbul to Moscow

"Seats are comfortable"

Trip Verified | Munich to Moscow. Aeroflot operates from Terminal 1 at Munich airport, which is the terminal for non Star Alliance airlines. They have a couple of check-in counters with a very long queue. Being a SkyTeam Elite Plus member we were allowed to use the Business Class lane which had no wait time. Aeroflot uses the Atlantic lounge, which is okay but nothing special: Light snacks, tarmac view (ground floor) and soft drinks and liquors. The flight itself was okay and better than expected: Even in Economy Class, Aereflot serves a full, warm meal on this intra-european flight as well as a limited selection of alcoholic drinks (wine and beer). Seats are as comfortable as Economy Class seats can be.
RouteMunich to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2018

"still got nothing from them"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Warsaw via Moscow in May. On the coming way from Hanoi to Warsaw, my suitcase was broken So I asked a luggage claim at Warsaw airport for a report. Then I emailed them about my case but it took 2 weeks for me to have the flight contact for my case from the airport staff. Then Aeroflot emailed me and said they would compensate for my case. But until now (August) I still got nothing from them. Even I emailed them 3 times to ask for what will be happening next but no reply.
RouteHanoi to Warsaw via Moscow
Date FlownMay 2018

"I haven’t received my baggage"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to New York. Upon arrival to JFK on August 9, 2018 I haven’t received my baggage. I was told that they will contact and deliver it to me within 24-48 hours. It’s been almost 4 days. I haven’t received any phone calls. I still have no idea where is my baggage. The number I was provided doesn’t works I left hundreds of voicemails. No one got back to me. I still don’t even have cloth to change and I have no idea what is going on.
RouteMoscow to New York
Date FlownAugust 2018

"refused to provide compensation"

(China)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Guangzhou via Moscow. Only 1000 RUB meal voucher for my missed connection as the first flight was 2 hours late. They only rebooked me the same flight on the next day but refused to provide any overnight accommodation or compensation. The service clerk’s attitude was rather arrogant.
RouteBarcelona to Guangzhou via Moscow

"left a poor impression"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Istanbul. Aeroflot is definitely not a premium airline it thinks it is, because their economy experience is simply embarrassing. Moscow - Istanbul was on a 5-year old Boeing 737-800, but the cabin looked like it was 15 years old with no maintenance. Everything was scuffed, slightly teared, shaky etc. The seats were unbelievably, and I mean it, unbelievably tight. It was seriously painful to sit upright in the seat, because if you are of average height, your knees will be firmly pressed into the hard and rough metal bar, which is conveniently located right where your knees are supposed to be. The fact that the armrests were quite wide made the seat even less spacious. I lucked out in not having a neighbour in the next seat, but I seriously doubt it I would have handled the flight if it was 100% full. The cabin crew were grumpy and sloppy (with one exception), and their attitude regarding safety was unbelievable - they just didn't care. They never properly checked the cabin before take off and failed to enforce the safety rules (since they cared so little), so the plane took off with open tray tables, closed windows, passengers laying across the seats with no seatbelts, passengers streaming something from their devices with no headphones. I have never experienced anything like this, I felt like this was a bad dream or a good comedy, but it was neither. The meal service was alright. I ordered a kosher meal, which is always a fine choice on Aeroflot, and it was much bigger than the regular meals. Nothing extraordinary, plastic cutlery, no menus, but it was fine. There was no wine, beer or any other alcohol onboard, not even for purchase, which is just so embarrassing for the "best airline of Eastern Europe". I must also note that their main full-service competitors on this route - Turkish Airlines and Atlasglobal - both serve beer and wine, and their meals are much tastier. There was no entertainment onboard. You could apparently stream entertainment via their wi-fi network, but it kept failing. The landing in Istanbul was really rough, and then the plane spent 20 minutes slowly driving through the airport. The passengers thought it was a great time to stand up, open the overhead bins, start packing while the plane was in motion and something could easily fall down on someone's head, and the crew did nothing to stop it. So, once again, major safety hazard. Istanbul-Moscow was another story. It was Boeing 737-800 with the same seating chart, but the plane was newer, and the seats were better. Their design allowed for more legroom, and while it still wasn't spacious, it was tolerable. I still don't get why they decided to have a magazine pocket at the top of the seat (which is a great idea for maximising legroom) and at the knee level as well, because that doesn't make any sense from any perspective and shows poor management, but at least there were no metal bars this time. The seats felt super flimsy and cheap, though, with the whole row shaking and creaking whenever someone moved. I wonder if this plane will age well, because it seems like it will not. Cabin crew were much more pleasant this time around, and they actually made sure the people were seated with their seatbelts on. No wine or beer once again. The kosher meal was exactly the same, which was fine. The flight was delayed for 30 minutes with no explanation or apology. Overall, Aeroflot left a poor impression, and I will make sure to avoid it.
RouteMoscow to Istanbul