Best Cabin Crew

Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"very courteous staff"

(Russian Federation)

Moscow to Kaliningrad with Aeroflot. Excellent value for money and quality. Fast check-in, very courteous staff, no queues. Cabin crew at the highest level for a short trip, with very tasty inflight catering. Clean interior, a sufficiently large distance between the rows. New modern aircraft and one the most important is that the departure and arrival were in time.
RouteSVO to KGD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"service was excellent"

Flying with Aeroflot was wonderful. Ironically, my flight from Delhi to New York via Moscow did not start out well, as it was cancelled because of a snow storm in New York. This was not the fault of the airline. The Aeroflot ground crew in Delhi was on top of things. They put me up in a very nice hotel with meals, plus transportation to and from the hotel. The following day the flight left on time to Moscow. It was comfortable and the connecting flight from Moscow to New York was exceptional. The service was excellent, and the food was really tasty. Top marks for Aeroflot. They made what could have been a difficult time (because of the weather) very comfortable.
RouteDEL to JFK via SVO
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"service on the plane is nicer"

(Taiwan)

Hong Kong to Moscow, and the Aeroflot service on the plane is nicer compared with other Russian airlines and their aircraft meet the average requirements in terms of comfort. However, the vegetarian food they provide doesn't meet any standard at all: - too ordinary (cold and hot noodles served at the same time for the main dish) - same food served per meal (despite the number of meals you take during a flight) - much less in quantity and diversity than a normal non-vegetarian meal - little shrimps were found in a vegetarian dish. The check-in service in Moscow refused to transfer our luggage further so Hong Kong Airlines had to solve this problem for us.
RouteHKG to SVO
Date FlownNovember 2015

"definitely recommending it"

(Slovakia)

A 2.5 hr Aeroflot flight between Vienna and Moscow passed smoothly (took off on time) by A321, was quite clean and we got snack and some non-alcoholic drink - also before landing we could have tea or coffee. Cabin crew was polite but not much smiling. After few hours of transit at SVO I was supposed to board flight SU-204 for Beijing, there was slight delay in taking off for only 20 minutes. Flight was very good and was only 6 hours and 30min long. Cabin crew very polite and smiling. Onboard entertainment was good with a big choice of movies, music and map with tracking your flight with many flight details. There was Wifi also but you had to pay for this service. We had one big meal, several drink offerings and one smaller meal. We arrived on time in Beijing. I had return ticket so I was returning by Aeroflot 10 days later. Check in was fast in Beijing and trip between PEK and SVO was fine again and with only 50 min delay before taking off. And flight between SVO and VIE passed also fine. All in all great airline, new aircraft, amazing cabin crew, I am definitely recommending it.
AircraftA321 / Boeing 777
RouteVIE to PEK via SVO
Date FlownJune 2015

"polite and professional"

(Israel)

Flew Aeroflot in January from Novosibirsk to Tel Aviv via Moscow.THe flight from Novosibirsk was a packed A320. Crew very well groomed, polite and professional. A nice dinner was served with plenty of drinks. No alcohol and no IFE - 4.5hrs are long without it. Leg room and seat recline very good. Transfer in Moscow was hectic, staff kept rushing us as though it was our fault that the connection was short. Luckily Passport control was friendly enough to let us use the Diplomatic Line, otherwise we would have missed our flight. Bad organization. Moscow to Tel Aviv on A330-300 that was less comfortable than the A320! Leg room is tight, 50% of IFE screens didn't work. Luckily a short flight of 4 hours. Crew again very well groomed and polite and the food decent. The airline is trying hard to become a quality international airline, and is doing a good job at it.
AircraftA320 / A330-300
RouteOVB to TLV via SVO

"would highly recommend"

I travelled Aeroflot Russian Airlines from New York to Delhi via Moscow return, and I was pleasantly surprised by the airline. It was a very decent flight and the in-flight entertainment was great as well. The cabin crew was good. Only issue I faced was the lack of vegetarian meal unless stated while booking the ticket. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a tight budget.
RouteJFK to DEL via SVO

"a decent airline"

Moscow Sheremetyevo to Milan Malpensa. This was my first Aeroflot trip after 15 years, so I was quite surprised at how well they position themselves as a decent airline. The cabin was clean and generally well-kept, toilets almost spotless, food was edible and there was even choice between two main courses (chicken or beef). Flight attendants were polite and attentive, although some of them assumed a rather condescending attitude with some passengers (a FA said to a 15yr old kid next to me: 'Ok, just because you said please I will give you another chocolate bar!') Safety instructions were pre-recorded in an impeccable Estuary English, the captain and FA's English was not that good, even if better than I remember from the last time I travelled with Aeroflot. You are still not allowed to use any electronic appliances during takeoff and landing though - which is really annoying, especially if other airlines (BA) have long abandoned this restriction. There was no inflight entertainment in the Economy cabin and no WIFI, however that wasn't important for a 3-hour flight. The ground crew is much less impressive though - our flight was 30 minutes late, yet the boarding attendant didn't volunteer any information re cause of delay and for how long we would need to wait and only announced the delay after being urged by me and only in Russian (I had to translate it into Italian for non-Russian speakers.
RouteSVO to MXP

"made worse by staff"

Return flight to London from Bangkok via Moscow. Flight from Bangkok delayed 3 hrs, obviously late arriving to transit in Moscow to pick up Heathrow flight. Really badly organised and horrendous in Moscow - only 2 staff on international passport check and security, bearing in mind nearly everybody had connecting flights. It was complete chaos with staff shouting out various connecting flights for people to come through in a very cramped area, which I can only describe as a herding pen! Other flights arrived and travellers became aggressive towards each other as the situation was made worse by staff! It was a stressful dash to the far end of the airport once through security. This airport isn't the worst I have been to, but this was a bad experience. Inflight food was ok, no alcohol served and not much in the way of fluids - only small fizzy pop, water or juice offered twice on a 9 hour flight. Only consolation is that as I'm a nervous flyer, the flights were smooth and turbulence free!
RouteBKK to LHR via SVO

"nothing but positive"

London Heathrow to Bangkok via Moscow return with Aeroflot, and I have nothing but positive comments. Four flights in all, staff friendly, comfortable seats, food was quite good, good luggage allowance, no hidden extras, free drinks, lots of entertainment on long haul. Plane on return long haul journey was only 1/3 full, and told we could use spare seats to sleep. 3 out of four flights landed early, delayed on one due to passenger being told they could not fly so they had to get luggage off!
RouteLHR to BKK via SVO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"was worth every mile"

My colleague and I decided to fly on Aeroflot in spite of protests from our friends, saying we should fly on an American airline, but we are the type who like to take opportunities to try anything! My colleague is 68 and I'm 75 and we both are profoundly Deaf, using American Sign language (ASL). We are so glad that we flew on Aeroflot for everything had been just great. A great flight, good food, enlightening entertainment (in form of foreign films with subtitles) and above all, the flight crew was just awesome for they had made communication very easily accessible and that they had given us their attention when it was appropriate. They treated us as deaf people with dignity which in turn making us very human! Not only that, but we were properly treated to the custom area with class and ease upon our landing in Moscow. The very same things had taken happen on flights to Munich and back to Moscow and then on way home to Los Angeles. Actually flying on Aeroflot was on my bucket list and I made it and it was worth every mile! In the future, I'll definitely fly on Aeroflot whenever it takes me to! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to fly with you. I'll vote it as the best international airline!
RouteLAX to SVO