Vote Airport

Aer Lingus

"customer service is horrific"

Decent airline with friendly, helpful cabin crew and ground staff. Have flown with them extensively throughout Europe for work (so lots of commuter flights) - generally never had a problem. But their reservations dept and customer service is horrific. They made a mistake and over-charged me on a reservation late last year. Despite acknowloging that it was their mistake, they never once reached out to me to resolve it. I had to chase them up with 4 or 5 calls over a period of 1 month and still the problem was not resolved. It's the low-cost mentality - the customer service reps I spoke to on the phone told me they are not allowed to return calls or even send emails, and each time when I pushed on this issue (that I should not have to chase them up for their mistake) the response was that maybe someone would get in touch in a couple of days. When I asked to speak with a manager, I was told each time that none was available. I was repeatedly told me to wait a week and then call them back to see if it was resolved. There is also no way to escalate an issue. I tried sending a complaint via email and a month later got a generic response along the lines of "blah blah blah, verz sorry, blah blah, hope you will fly with us in the future" and yet they did nothing to resolve the issue (they even managed to address the email to the wrong person. The way they handled me puts me off ever wanting to fly with them again. I am 700 Euros out of pocket because of it. To be fair, they offer a decent product for the price, but on the rare situation where you might have a problem I doubt you could get worse service, even from Ryanair / Spirit.
RouteDUB to ORD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"very good for price paid"

Dublin to Chicago with Aer Lingus. Business class product very good for price paid. Food and service excellent. Clearing US immigration at Dublin makes a big difference as you land as a domestic passenger and are outside terminal in a few minutes. Would recommend this airline.
RouteDUB to ORD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"airlines have such inconsistency"

It's a shame Aer Lingus are coming off this route soon, as they provide an efficient and friendly service at keen prices from London Gatwick to Belfast City Airport. Both flights out and back departed early and arrived early. Outbound seat 15F was not good, with very poor legroom, like a Low Cost Carrier. On the return, on the very same aircraft EI-EPT, seat 8A was much better, with roughly 3 inches more legroom. I can’t understand why airlines have such inconsistency. Onboard catering has to be purchased, and £1.90 for a still water to take my medication with was shameful.
RouteLGW to BHD

"overall was very easy"

(Sweden)

I flew with Aer Lingus when I had booked my flight with SAS from Stockholm to London, and from there, I flew with Aer Lingus to Dublin. Very friendly staff, I asked a few questions and it was no problem there. The journey overall was very easy. I traveled without any checked in baggage.
RouteLHR to DUB
Date FlownAugust 2015

"routine and unremarkable"

Dublin to Geneva, returning Zurich to Dublin with Aer Lingus. Outbound was mid-week mid-morning, and about 50% full. Entire experience was routine and unremarkable. The return flight was full and on-time. Check-in was poorly handled in Zurich with too few staff for the first hour leading to a long and frustrating queue. There were also quite a number of food items sold out on this return leg, otherwise a satisfactory flight.
RouteDUB to GVA

"a great airline"

New York to Shannon with Aer Lingus, and a great airline. A very friendly crew and advance reservation meal service very important for those with food allergies. The website is good, could be updated but in all a great service. The rates are competitive. I made the mistake of leaving a medical device in the overhead compartment and the Aer Lingus staff made sure I received it quickly. These folks understand what customer service is!
RouteJFK to SNN
Date FlownMay 2015

"experience was absurd"

The pre-trip Aer Lingus service was terrible. Flight details were entered incorrectly, yet they would not accommodate. Firstly I was continually told that someone would call me back within the day. They wouldn't and I would call again only to be told someone would call me. Again they would not. This happened 6 times. Then they insisted on charging $600 change fee (plus other flight costs) to correct flight to the one we wanted. Would come to over $1,000 to make the trip. They would not budge at all or even accommodate in any way despite that clearly this was a simple mistake. Never resolved. The entire experience was absurd and maddening.
RouteJFK to DUB
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"experience was very good"

Paris CDG to Chicago via Dublin with Aer Lingus. Seats were a bit uncomfortable, the plane was old from the outside but pretty new on the inside for the A330, the A320's are a bit old and smelly. The overall experience was very good and the Dublin airport is very well organised. The cabin crew was very nice too.
AircraftA320 / A330-200
RouteCDG to ORD via DUB
Date FlownDecember 2015

"go through immigration in DUB"

Boston to Barcelona via Dublin with Aer Lingus. The food was rather limited and not a decent amount of it. The staff varies a lot, some are friendly some are not, so just hope to be lucky. Seat was okay for transatlantic flight and enough legroom. Dublin connection was the very best experience, because you go through immigration in DUB, so no need to undergo those big lines when you get to the US.
RouteBOS to BCN via DUB
Date FlownDecember 2015

"won't be flying with them"

Never got a chance to fly with them on planned Boston to Vienna via Dublin trip. I had a family emergency, booked through American Express and when I asked for a voucher, credit, refund or even a portion they told me I needed to pick a date right away for when I want to go to Europe - obviously wasn't able to do that fast. Its a big trip. Ended up with nothing and wasted $865. No call, no email or anything. I won't be flying with them ever.
RouteBOS to VIE via DUB