Top 100 Airlines

Aer Lingus

"pre-order option has vanished"

London Gatwick to Dublin. A pretty uneventful trip. Used and enjoyed the No1 Lounge beforehand which Aer Lingus uses for Gold Circle members, Nice hot food available and decent selection of drinks. Boarding delayed and a pretty full flight but the crew did well and every one was offered in flight service, although noticed that the pre-order option has now vanished. Seems to have been a development with security - I usually just travel with my driving licence on Aer Lingus flights from the UK to Ireland, on this occasion I was asked to show my boarding pass as a flight from Germany had also just landed at Passport control so I showed him it on my phone - I was advised that this was not acceptable as proof from where I had flown from, and the airlines were using it for their convenience. Eventually let me through but thought it might be worth flagging.
RouteLGW to DUB
Date FlownMay 2016

"I still like to fly with them"

Verified Review | Dublin to Brussels on Aer Lingus 06.40 flight. Only gripe is checked in terminal 2 and was advised at checkin flight was to depart from terminal 1. A pleasnt flight, very nice crew, pre-ordered breakfast was served very promptly. The selection from the buy on board menu is really terrible, no fruit salads anymore, poor selection of sandwiches. I don't understand this as it's the one area an airline can boost its customer feel good appeal. I notice other travellers have been expressing similar views , but overall I still like to fly with them.
RouteDUB to BRU
Date FlownMay 2016

"seats not very comfortable"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Dublin with Aer Lingus. All is low cost except the price. The entertainment system is old and the sound was not working. Seats are not very comfortable and food is a disaster. They should really update their planes with new Economy cabin and upgrade the food during the flight. Norwegian is better than Aer Lingus on long haul.
AircraftA330-300
RouteJFK to DUB
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"they offer no explanation"

Verified Review | My daughter (and her roommate) were stuck in Dublin on March 20 when a French air traffic control strike forced Aer Lingus to cancel their return flight from Dublin to Barcelona. Aer Lingus told them they had to stay in Dublin for at least 3 more days before the airline would be able to get them back to Barcelona. As that was not acceptable (they are students and had to get back to classes in Barcelona), I booked them on an Aer Lingus flight next morning (March 21) from Dublin to London Gatwick airport at a cost of $400 (each), and then on a flight from London Heathrow (a $70 taxi fare from Gatwick) to Barcelona on Iberia, at a cost of another $278 (each). Despite Aer Lingus's website saying under "Flight Disruption Info" that if flights are affected by a disruption, you can change your dates of travel free of charge and free of any fare difference, I have been unable to get Aer Lingus to refund any money at all. They offered to refund the unused portion of the round trip fare from Barcelona to Dublin (about US$120), but have not done so (it's been 2 months), and they offer no explanation why they will not honor the statement on their own website about allowing change in date and fare when there is a trip disruption. I'm not even asking them to refund the Iberia fare from London Heathrow to Barcelona, just the $400 I paid (times 2 for the two girls) for the fare from Dublin to London. Getting nowhere at all. Should I have the opportunity to fly into/out of Ireland in the future, I will never use Aer Lingus.
RouteBCN to DUB
Date FlownMarch 2016

"very poor quality"

Verified Review | Flew Aer Lingus from Dublin to San Francisco. The biggest downside is the food. Very poor quality. Only one meal was provided during the first 8 hours of the flight. No snacks or beverages provided without extra payment. Other than that the seats were comfortable with lots of leg space. Love wifi on board which helped me to be productive.
AircraftA330-200
RouteDUB to SFO

"seats very comfortable"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Dublin with Aer Lingus. Very good aircraft. Seats were very comfortable with lot of space for legs. Short time waiting for boarding. Everything is perfect with Aer Lingus except for the food which in Economy class is of low level, especially breakfast and coffee.
RouteSFO to DUB
Date FlownMay 2016

"terrible selection of food"

Verified Review | Faro to Belfast, and a terrible selection of food. Have used this airline for over 10 yrs with no issues as I'm a vegetarian. No veggie sandwich/toastie options, only a snack pack or scone which they ran out of before my row. I was in row 2! I travel with them several times a year and was so disappointed this time, never had any issues with my vegetarian needs before. No issues with flight or staff, they were as super as always.
RouteFAO to BHD
Date FlownMay 2016

"courteous, friendly and helpful"

Birmingham to San Francisco via Dublin was my first international flight with Aer Lingus and I would fly with them again. I became aware of them by chance when seeking flights to San Fransisco to visit my daughter. Usually I fly from one of the London airports which is not very convenient, flying from Birmingham via Dublin with connecting flights was seamless with Aer Lingus. Another advantage was pre-clearing American Customs and Immigration at Dublin airport, again seamless and extremely well managed. The flight in economy was in my opinion as good, or better than other major carriers and the price was very competitive. I found Aer Lingus Staff, both on the ground and the cabin Staff to be courteous, friendly and helpful.
RouteBHX to SFO via DUB
Date FlownApril 2016

"very good value"

Very nice flight from Leeds Bradford to Dublin. Left early and arrived early. Nice crew who were pleasant. Dublin Airport is very easy to manage. Would fly again as felt it was very good value and an easy company to deal with. I also noticed that check in at LBA was straightforward and I was through to departures with ease.
RouteLBA to DUB
Date FlownApril 2016

"seats are very cramped"

Flew Aer Lingus from New York JFK to Shannon. The 757 product is not as good as the A330. The seats are very cramped and I'm only 5' 7" tall. The In-flight entertainment is sub-standard. Meal service starts in the front and rear of the aircraft, so you are stuck with chicken in the middle. The price was OK, but you get basic transportation to Shannon. Will try Delta, which flies a B767-400.
RouteJFK to SNN