Vote Now

Aer Lingus

"Really great experience"

Verified Review | Hartford to Dusseldorf via Dublin. Really great experience! I've only flown transatlantic a few times now but this is the first time on Aer Lingus and I was very pleased. Only a few hiccups but the crew on board were some of the best I've experienced, and the price is fair relative to others. The meals, for airplane food, were really good. Will definitely consider Aer Lingus for any next overseas travel.
RouteHartford to Dusseldorf via Dublin

"I was very happy"

Verified Review | I arrived in London 10 hours earlier than expected, due to changes in my flight from Bangkok. I arrived there around 6am and I was suppose to arrive at 4pm. I decided to try and went to Aer Lingus customer service in Heathrow Airport, explained the situation and asked if they could change my flight so I could travel earlier. Surprisingly, they said yes and they put me in the next flight at 9am, free of charge. I don't know if it was my lucky day but I was very happy. The staff was very friendly and flight was great.
RouteLondon to Dublin

"was 23 hours delayed"

Verified Review | My Business Class flight recently from Boston to Dublin was 23 hours delayed. I asked for compensation but had no response from Aer Lingus for weeks. As a result of the above, Aerlingus did not capture my tier points for my Aerclub frequent flyer account. This was a system error on their part. Despite having written to them several times, they refuse to recognise the points added and upgrade me to the next tier even though the missing flight would take me to the next tier. This is customer care of the worst kind (absent, and even outright refusing to care). Response times are long, and the replies tend to be unhelpful and off the point.
RouteBoston to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2017

"will not choose Aer Lingus again"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Toronto via Dublin. Pros: economic pricing, staff was generally friendly, movie selection ok Cons: old aircraft, baggage delay handled really poorly. No bags still after 48h, no contact from airline. Tried all channels, phone number on website only leads to baggage handler at the airport who doesn't have proper information and no authority to do any compensation. Social media does not publish comment, no answers to any of my emails other than an automated reply. I will not choose Aer Lingus again. It's not worth saving $200
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto via Dublin

"both trips were superb"

Verified Review | I flew Aer Lingus from Chicago to Geneva via Dublin on February 11, 2017, returning from Geneva via Dublin to Chicago on March 6 in Business Class. This is the second year I have flown with Aer Lingus and I plan to make it an annual event. From the service onboard to the lounges and service on the ground, both trips were superb. The Business Class cabin from Chicago to Dublin on the A330 is spacious and very comfortable with lie-flat seats. The left side of the plane consists of single seats, and I was happily ensconced in seat 3A. The middle section is double seats and the right section is a mixture of double and single seats. 99% of the seats have aisle access. The movie selection is less extensive than on other airlines, but there are still good choices. The food is excellent, the linens and cutlery very attractive and the FAs were smiling and helpful throughout the 7 hour flights. The Aer Lingus arrival lounge in Dublin is comfortable and had enough amenities to make the 2 hour layover on the way to Geneva very refreshing. There is no Business Class on the European flights but international Business passengers can select the premium seats at the front of the plane. Unlike British, Swiss and others, there is no charge for seat selection on Aer Lingus if traveling in Business. A few years ago, I paid $90 to have a window seat in British Airways' Club World cabin and have fumed about it ever since. Returning to the States is the best feature of Aer Lingus as you pass through U.S. Customs in their U.S. Pre-clearance area in Dublin and do not have to go through customs or passport control upon arrival in the States; you simply collect your luggage and leave the airport. The new Business Class lounge after U.S. Pre-clearance is superb. It is called 51st and Green and has a view of the runways from every seat and table. There is an excellent buffet, superbly stocked bar, terrific coffee and desserts, lounge chairs, shower room, and the staff is efficient and pleasant. I cannot recommend Aer Lingus for travel from the U.S. to Europe more highly. Their rates are lower than any other airline's Business Class if you buy at least 30 days in advance and, in fact, are competitive with full Economy fares on some of the other carriers to Europe.
AircraftA330-200
RouteChicago to Geneva via Dublin

"treated with respect"

Unverified | Dublin to Glasgow. I was delayed through ill health and numerous road works from Limerick to Dublin. I arrived late for boarding. The staff from Aer Lingus were wonderful. I cannot thank them enough for their mindness and compassion and of course their professionalism. Being disabled I have been badly treated while travelling but all the staff I had assistance from were wonderful. It was lovely to be treated with respect.
RouteDublin to Glasgow
Date FlownMarch 2017

"in general a very poor service"

Verified Review | Dublin to Orlando. Aircraft and seat in general were very good. Seat cushions a bit hard but everything else about seat and amenities offered were very good. Inflight entertainment choice was ok, but not great. Where Aer Lingus let themselves down in this case (flown them before in business class and service was good) is their crew and sloppy / poor inflight service. I don't know if it was the route and they were not used to business class being full. Crew member was rude, uncaring. I had to get up and get my own drink as they forgot twice. Waited 20-25 mins between courses. Second meal service not even offered (to me). Just in general a very poor service.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDublin to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I find the baggage fees to be too expensive"

Verified Review | Flew from Dublin to London Heathrow. The Aer Lingus terminal is a pleasure to use and very modern with helpful uniformed staff at hand. Check-in was nice and easy and a uniformed staff member offered to assist. She was very pleasant and chatted to me this setting a good impression. Boarding was managed reasonably well but as is often the case the passengers were allowed to carry far too much luggage creating a sense of chaos. I was not impressed with the luggage issue nor with the rather rushed safety instructions. I bought a cup of tea during the flight. The crew were neat and tidy, As I left the flight I said thank you and good bye in Irish and was surprised when the cabin crew member frowned at all. The ticket price was reasonable but I find the baggage fees to be too expensive.
RouteDublin to London Heathrow
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"curious to see how it had evolved"

Verified Review | Dublin to London Heathrow return. I was planning a day trip to London, and as I hadn’t travelled through Heathrow for over two years, I was curious to see how it had evolved since 09th July 2014 when Aer Lingus moved their operation from Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. At the time, four main benefits arising from moving to T2 were heavily publicised: Public transport within 15 minutes of landing. Luxurious Gold Circle Lounge within minutes of check in. State of the art facilities. A seamless faster security and check in process. In addition, this was my first booking since the introduction of Aer Lingus’ loyalty programme, now named “Aer Club”. The booking process on Aer Lingus website remains broadly the same. The three fare types are now named Saver, Plus & Advantage with each earning a different amount of tier credits. One benefit I noticed is that when selecting the Plus fare, all seats are now included as complimentary: heretofore the front rows had to be paid for. As I was travelling within the 30 day window, I was able to check in immediately and print my boarding passes. I arrived at Dublin Airport at 7.00am for my 0845 am flight. I wanted to enquire about changing my seat on the outbound leg, and I called to the Gold Circle check in desk. Staff greeted me with a smile and within seconds had issued me with a new boarding card, and wished me a pleasant flight. My current Aer Club tier is Silver which includes fast track security. Only two people were in front of me and I was airside within a couple of minutes. I had a quick look around the bookshop and made my way to the Lounge, where I was greeted by the same staff with whom I dealt at the Gold Circle desk. We joked about the speed with which she moved from the check-in area to the lounge. Definitely the complete antithesis of the fabled lounge dragon! At approximately 8.20am, I made my way to gate 409 where boarding was underway. There are two separate boarding lines: General and Priority (for Aer Club members, flexible ticket holders) and it works very well. While walking towards the airbridge, passengers sitting in the rear half of the aircraft are directed towards steps at the rear door, and the front half board via the airbridge. This speeds up the boarding process, particularly on busy flights. The A320 was clean , and cabin crew warmly welcomed passengers. After a safety briefing and flight information from the Captain, we were underway quickly. During the flight, I indulged in the Irish Breakfast. Not the cheapest at 10 euro, but very tasty indeed. We landed on time in Heathrow, and after a short taxi were on stand at 11am. We deplaned quickly, and I was sitting on the Tube at 11.15am.
RouteDublin to London Heathrow
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"passengers who require assistance should be allowed to board first"

Verified Review | I have used Aer Lingus twice now and I cannot thank the staff enough. I was traveling with my 80yr old father who required assistance, the OCS staff were so helpful especially in Ireland. Dads wheelchair was waiting for him and we where taken to our departure gates with no problems. On our flight from Hartford an air stewardess went above and beyond helping us, she was kind and considerate making sure my Dad was ok offering him tea and checking that he was comfortable. My only issue was when departing Ireland to go to Glasgow an announcement was made that anyone requiring assistance was allowed on the bus. So we went on the bus, however that was a mistake, we had to wait until all the passengers boarded and that took a while and it was freezing, then once we got off the bus we were not fast enough to get to board first, we where actually the last passengers to get on the flight, my father was cold and having difficulty standing. I would suggest those passengers who require assistance should be allowed to board first.
RouteHartford to Glasgow