Aer Lingus

"the service was one of the worst"

Trip Verified | For an economy class ticket (bought well in advance), this was by far one of the most expensive tickets I have bought to fly within Europe, and yet the service was one of the worst. Comparable to bare bone low cost companies, with the addition of outright rude and disrespectful staff. Both inbound and return flights were delayed. They barely acknowledged the 35min delay on the inbound flight as though this is something usual for them. The return flight was 1h30min late. This could happen to any company, however they did not bother to give any information until 5min prior to boarding. The staff were stressed and they rushed the passengers. If any passenger dared display any sign of discomfort they were both dismissive and outright disrespectful. In my case, the rude behavior came when I tried to explain to the young man who simply stuck a tag to my very modestly sized carry on luggage to check it in for a lack space in the overhead compartment, that I had made sure my bag fits under the sit in front of me. But, he did not have time for a 10 seconds conversation. He stubbornly continued to harass me at the door of the plane and refused to hear a word. I did not give him way and ended up peacefully placing my bag under the sit in front of me. After that, they finally explained to us while in the plane that they had to change planes and we would have to sit in this plane another 40min before being allowed to take off. All this stress, the rude behavior, the rush to board so we can sit wait in the plane. It's one thing to be late, it's another thing to inflict such chaos and discomfort to customers. Aer Lingus just joined my very short list of airlines to be avoided completely. I highly advise to stay away.
RouteDublin to Zürich
Date FlownDecember 2017

"great care and attention"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Paris. I had the opportunity to travel with my family and a group of other families who have special children on various treatments. We travelled to Disneyland Paris. Check in was a little bit disorganised but we ended up sailing through security as a designated area had been kindly provided. Onboard on the out ward journey, we had great care and attention by our cabin crew member who was so nice to all the children and the parents. I hope that if the company are reading this they can pass on our sincerest thanks for the care and attention we received by her. She had a natural warmth and empathy that was the style of the old Aer Lingus and that's what used to set EI apart from it's rivals. We arrived on time and it was nice to hear the cabin crew wishing all the children a pleasant stay in Disneyland as they hare a very special bunch of people. Back to Dublin we had a fairly standard service from the crew. Again arrived on time. I would be delighted to fly EI again but it would be nice to see more of the genuineness and friendliness that we experienced on our outward flight. It costs nothing but it makes a difference to those travelling.
RouteDublin to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2017

"still waiting for compensation"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Dublin in August. Terrible. I only fly Aerlingus if I have no choice due to work. Aer Lingus didn't put my suitcase into the hold, along with 20 others due to space issues. Even though I paid £20 for the baggage. They then lied to me several times about the location of my luggage, which contained all my business clothes and medication. Eventually they delivered my suitcase after 4 days, just before I was leaving Dublin to fly home. I was forced to buy new clothes, toiletries etc at expense to myself which I am still waiting for compensation on after nearly 4 months. Aer Lingus ignored my complaints several times now and eventually promised to send me compensation, which then didn't appear - been waiting 6 weeks now for that.
RouteEdinburgh to Dublin
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Ryanair here we come"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Gatwick, Sunday 3rd December 19.10 flight. It seems to be run for the benefit of passengers known to staff members. A stewardess appeared by my seat and announced I would have to get up to let in two passengers. Not excuse me - no manners displayed. These had been brought up from the back of the craft to better seats as apparently friends of someone. They also had free drinks as known to this special someone. I paid for my seat - like a few around me so this did not go down well. We sat for ages whilst staff members chatted and laughed and finally decided that the plane should fly. It did surprisingly land on time - which is a first - whereupon there followed a bun fight to grab cases and shove people out of the way merely to get on coaches. Ghastly. Ryanair here we come.
RouteDublin to Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2017

"same as US domestic flights"

Trip Verified | Washington to Dublin. The Boeing 757-200 was the same as US domestic flights and the plane was also very old. I cannot believe I am flying on southwest style airline internationally! Do not fly this airline if you are used larger planes for international flights.
RouteWashington to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Leg room more than adequate"

Verified Review | Business day trip to Cork and back. The flight was marketed as Aer Lingus Regional operated by Stobbart Air. Check in online. Free seat choice 24 hours before. 72 seat propeller aircraft configured 2-2. Outward - Very orderly boarding - from the rear only - so the rear seats were seen as 'preferred' and as such cost more to choose. I was in 4D aisle - I always prefer to be in front of the engines on a propeller plane. Leg room more than adequate and better than a lot of planes. Good sized overhead lockers. Inflight service consisted of snacks and drinks to buy - nothing special but fine for a short flight. Cabin noise was fine for a prop - but I had my noise cancelling headphones to help. On time performance and speedy transit through Cork - There was a passport control - which surprised me. Passports were not checked on the return. Photo id is needed to board. Return flight similar, except push back was 7 mins early and due to favourable tailwinds we arrived 25 mins early. Full flight - but despite narrow seats, I was comfortable. Disembarked Terminal 1 via a bus which took us to the UK domestic arrivals - so no passport control. Overall an enjoyable flight. So much better than the Flybe service to Belfast on the Dash 8 Q400. The ATR 72 seems a better plane.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteManchester to Cork
Date FlownNovember 2017

"service was excellent throughout"

Verified Review | I traveled onboard Aer Lingus flight 136 to Dublin last night. The experience was excellent and professional from check-in to landing into Dublin Airport. The ground crew were excellent. The onboard experience was wonderful with fantastic cabin crew who warmly greeted all passengers as they boarded the aircraft. My seat of 11-C was very comfortable with plenty of legroom. The service was excellent throughout the flight. Beverages kept flowing throughout the flight. The meal service was excellent. I have to say it was the best flight I have had and I greatly appreciate flying with my country's flag carrier. Aer Lingus, please keep up the great service.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBoston to Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Dublin to Düsseldorf. Great flight. The boarding was perfectly on time and because I had a checked bag priority boarding was free also the seat selection for every seat on the plane, so I chose the seat 1F which included extra leg room. However the was no included free drinks or snacks on board and because I booked last minute the flight was quite expensive. Otherwise I recommend this airline!
RouteDublin to Düsseldorf

"I am glad I upgraded"

Verified Review | Dublin to Los Angeles. The airline has less frills than most but I experienced economy outbound and inbound business. I would have to say business class is much better. The flight attendants in the business class cabin are attentive and helpful when you need something. The food was fine but I think the second meal could of been improved. The choice of wine was good. Flat seats were comfortable as most business class seats go. I am glad I upgraded and was able too. Aer Lingus staff are very helpful at the check in Kiosks.
RouteDublin to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2017

"customer service was atrocious"

Verified Review | My review isn't about my Dublin to Stuttgart flight last week but about my experience on my return yesterday dealing with Aer Lingus Representatives in Stuttgart airport. Time of flight 16.10 EI0359. I arrived at gate 337 at 15.45. I was delayed going thru security as there was a very big crowd and the lines were going very slowly. I had a tub of hair conditioner and my bag was checked and tube removed. After I was refused entry I was told by german staff to ‘go down and out’ I was asking to go to customer services.  Eventually one staff member showed me an exit and I went down to customer service.  They just said gate was closed. Later I rang Aer Lingus and explained my story to a pleasant staff member. She asked me if they said anything about going on standby which they didn't. They didn't make any effort to make any other arrangements or explain about the extra €75 to book another flight which is posted on your website. I feel the experience was shocking and customer service was atrocious.  I then had to book another Aer Lingus flight costing €158 to get home next when it should have only cost €75. How was I supposed to know if there is no one willing of able to tell me. I feel that I got a raw deal and no help. If you are operating flights to/from there you should have some decent representative who can advise when a mini crises presents. Up until this my experiences have been good with Aer Lingus.
RouteStuttgart to Dublin