Aer Lingus

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

EI134 (06 July 15) and EI135 (27 July 15) were Omni Air International 767's with non-Irish crew. In-flight entertainment was startlingly bad in first class on EI134 (chunky hand-held viewers with three or four tepid films) and non-existent on EI135 (even fewer films and shows repeated on tiny seat-back screens hourly, as in the 1990's). There was no in-flight wi-fi, so good thing I brought a book. First class inflight meal (EI134) was good, but first selection (beef) was unavailable. Inflight meal on EI135 was positively inedible except for the roll - not even dressing for the salad. First choice of meals on EI135 (chicken) was unavailable again. Second choice was tentatively identified as "beef". This was a shabby performance by Aer Lingus and I have come to expect much better.
RouteSNN to BOS

Review by (Ireland) 27th July 2015

Travelled with my 2 sons ages 4 and 7. Had ordered 2 children's meals and found out at service their meals weren't on board. Due to being delayed my son's went 8 hours without a meal and I had to feed them chocolate throughout the flight. Also the inflight entertainment did not show one children's movie. Awful customer service, they won't let me talk to a manager or Senior member of staff and have forced a travel voucher upon me I did not wish to accept.
RouteShannon to Boston

Review by (Ireland) 27th July 2015

Arrived somewhat early for the flight and had to wait an hour for check-in to open as the queue continued to grow. However, check-in staff were friendly and quickly got through the line. A full flight so boarding was a tad chaotic moreso due to passengers not obeying the gate announcements. The flight closed up 25 mins after scheduled takeoff time (8.35pm) and consequently the pilot informed us we missed our slot and could not be airborne until 9.50pm Luckily, the situation improved and we took off at 9.30pm arriving in Dublin only 15 mins behind schedule. The senior cabin manager was delightful, accommodating and always smiling. Nice flight, efficient inflight service, cockpit updates and baggage delivered very quickly upon arrival. All in all a very good experience despite the initial delays.
RouteMadrid to Dublin

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th July 2015

Was delayed in Dublin, flight cancelled to Jersey in the end, but put in marvellous hotel, provided 3 course meal and prompt transport back to airport in the morning. Greatful thanks to Aer Lingus and taxi service they provided.
RouteDublin to Jersey

Review by (United States) 26th July 2015

I had a connection in Dublin for 2 hours, which stresses me out the most. During the JFK-DUB leg, the crew was the most hospitable crew I have met. My seat was broken, making me recline without pressing the button, and the IFE had a pretty poor choice of movies, but other than that, Aer Lingus left me with an impression. Dublin Airport is clean, and when I was there for the connection, we were the only outbound flight, so the terminal was empty. Would fly with Aer Lingus again, especially with their incredible prices.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNew York to Warsaw via Dublin

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

I was positively surprised when I recently in July 2015 flew with a friend from London Heathrow to Belfast City Airport and back again. I booked tickets several weeks in advance and got a good value flight. The website was clear with what one needed to pay extra. With the flight only an hour, I didn't want to pay extra for premium economy seats that would've guaranteed a more comfortable flight for a tall person like me (2m). Yet, I hoped that if the flight wasn't fully booked the staff would be flexible and allow me to sit in an exit row. Years of flying have continued to confirm to me that if you want service and flexibility, go with the "legacy" airlines, as opposed to the "low-cost" ones where you have to pay for everything. Once again, I politely asked and the Aer Lingus staff happily obliged - on both trips. As such, I was very pleased for the quality I got on this short-haul flight within the UK. I've not flown Aer Lingus long-haul, so I can't comment, but based on this experience I would be ready to try Aer Lingus transatlantically if they offered a good price and connection.
RouteLHR to BHD

Review by (Germany) 22nd July 2015

Flown this week and if any doubts left, clearly a low cost airline. Nothing for free not even water. Both planes in a poor condition with different seats. Even the announcements which are programmed were different which indicates to non homogated fleet. Flight attendants with poor attitude towards passengers.
RouteDusseldorf to Dublin

Review by (United Kingdom) 21st July 2015

Arrived in plenty of time for the flight only to be told it had been over-sold. I was told I must go on standby, with no option otherwise. I was assured that my baggage would be on the next flight out (4 hours later) which I caught. On arrival in Dublin sure enough, no baggage. This is hugely inconvenient as I am away on business with no change of clothes etc. The staff at the desk were overstretched, and not very helpful. I travel a lot with Aer Lingus and I have to say that their service is getting worse each time I fly.
RouteManchester to Dublin

Review by (United States) 20th July 2015

The flight attendants were very rude, and the media system was broken which didn't help an 8 hour flight. Kept asking for updates about it and the flight attendants didn't acknowledge it. They only came around with drinks once. Food was inedible, and the leg room was small even for an airplane. I've flown internationally many times before and Aer Lingus was the worst in my opinion.
RouteChicago (ORD) to Dublin

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th July 2015

Very good experience. Check-in and boarding were quick and efficient. The airplane is very clean and the cabin crew were friendly and helpful. There is a good variety of food sold on the airplane.
AircraftA320-200