Aegean Airlines

"very friendly and efficient"

Not Verified | Athens to Chania return. Was pleasantly surprised by Aegean having no idea what they would be like. It’s only a short flight but each flight was on time, boarding started when it said it would, crew are very friendly and efficient. Would definitely fly again.
RouteChania to Athens
Date FlownJune 2018

18th June 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Customer, thank you very much for your positive review. Our aim is to ensure that we offer our passengers a comfortable and enjoyable travel throughout. We are looking forward to welcome you on board soon again!

"airline was so great"

Not Verified | Who knew that this airline was so great! On a short 30 minute flight from Athens to Santorini you still get served mints and a snack. New planes with generous seating I would definitely fly Aegean again. Certainly worth the few extra bucks for great service and comfort. Not 5 stars as Santorini airport is a disaster and although Aegean doesn't own it, would love to see them put pressure on investing in its infrastructure.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownJune 2018

12th June 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Mcloughlin, we thank you for your feedback. It is always our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our services throughout your trip. We hope to welcome you on board soon again! Thank you.

"offers a very good business class product"

Trip Verified | This review is about my recent trip with a friend from Athens (ATH) to Tel Aviv in the Aegean business class. 1) Athens airport: The airport in Athens has several lounges. Having a Star Alliance Gold card, we checked-out the Lufthansa lounge in the Schengen area before we made our way to the Aegean Lounge in the Non-Schengen area. Both lounges are above standard, but the Aegean lounge is better and we especially enjoyed the smoothies and sweets. Considering it is the flagship lounge of Aegean at their main hub, I wonder why it does not have shower facilities and an area to relax/sleep. On the other hand Aegean focusses on short- and medium-haul flights and does not find it necessary. 2) Seat: It would be great if Aegean would have a real business class chair. But like most – if not all – European airlines the business class had regular economy class seats with the middle seat being blocked by a table. The armrests could be moved sideways so the seat was wider. The seats in the first row offer enough legspace – only the emergency exit row in economy class has more legspace. There were no power outlets in the seat. 3) Onboard product: We found it nice that we were given menu and a wine carte. In addition to the meals offered onboard, business class passengers can pre-order other local dishes as well as special meals. I pre-ordered the Moussaka and it was really good. The airplane had overhead monitors were a film about Greece was shown. No WiFi and no personal device entertainment. 4) Verdict: Aegean offers a very good business class product compared to other European airlines. Seats should have power outlets. We were on vacation so power outlets and wifi were not that important to us. The onboard service is above standard and that is what was important to us.
RouteAthens to Tel Aviv

24th May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Customer, thank you for sharing your overall positive review regarding your recent travel experience with us. We would like to assure you that we aim to provide you the best possible services in all stages of your trips with us. Therefore, your comments are well noted as your feedback is important to us. We thank you for taking the time to share your remarks with us and hope to welcome you on board soon again!

"cabin crew was kind"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Great service from check in to landing. Check in agent was very polite. The boarding was Excellent. The food onboard was delicious and tasty. The cabin crew was kind too.
RouteAthens to Rome

22nd May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Nathotis, thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to receive your positive feedback and to know that you have enjoyed your trip with us throughout! We'll be happy to have you on board soon!

"very good onboard service"

Trip Verified | Munich to Athens. We travelled in economy class in a tariff that includes luggage. Aegean is a member of Star Alliance, my friend holds an Aegean Gold Status and I am a United 1K. That gave us some advantages such as using the business class check-in, fast lane security and lounge access. The check-in in Munich is handled by Lufthansa and the agents were nice and professional. We used the business class counter and did not have a lot of wait time. Lufthansa lounges in Munich are good. Seat: Aegean sells seats in the emergency exit row, I find it disappointing that these are not offered for free to Aegeans/Star Alliance gold customers at the time of booking or at check-in. The airplane was full and we had seats (aisle and middle) in the back of the plane. The seat spacing was comparatively very small. Onboard service: Even in economy, we were offered a full meal. Aegean offers a good selection of wines and soft drinks. The crew was very friendly. Aegean offers very good onboard service but the legspace was horrible. That is why I am subtracting three points. We had redeemed Upgrade Vouchers and were on the waiting list. Although seats were empty in Business Class (and up for sale), these were not released before take-off. Too bad.
RouteMunich to Athens

21st May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Leeman, thank you very much for all your well-noted feedback and for your comments which serve as a valuable suggestion to us. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and overall on board service and would like to ensure you that it is always our main drive to provide our passengers with a comfortable and enjoyable flight. We therefore cherish your notes on our seating plan, though our seating charts are carefully planned to ensure comfort throughout your trip. As you are already aware, you have the option to choose your seating from the moment of booking and you can find all the relative information here https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-information/reserved-seats/ Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

"cancelled our flights"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Skiathos via Athens to fly in June 2018. A text from them told me they cancelled our flights due to 'Operational Requirements' 6 weeks before our holiday and to ring them. They offered night flights several days later or to travel 5.5 hours to fly from Heathrow. Work, Pre-booked Trains. hotels and ferries meant we had to travel on that day from Manchester as Heathrow was £300 more for us to get there at short notice. At no point were they going to meet extra travel costs or compensate the 4 of us in any way other than refund our flights which we have had to do. Why they didn't provide a coach to transport people from Manchester - Heathrow I don't know and the unsympathetic attitude to our prearranged details astounded us. The result is we are flying with an alternative airline at a cost of £500 more per couple. Customer Services are next to useless and online only as there's nobody you can talk to in person. I'm still awaiting my refund which they say will take 10-15 working days. Today it's come to our attention that they're operating a flight out of Manchester on the morning our flight was due to depart via Brussels which would get us to Athens at a similar time to what we should have arrived. Upon bringing this to their attention and asking why we weren't offered this option they say they use Aegean Flights only in these situations. The first leg was operated by Brussels Airlines and the second part being Aegean themselves. They sell the flights, there was room on the flights yet we were not offered the option of them even though it would've been the easy alternative. It's the last time we'll fly with them. They keep telling me all carriers modify flights and can change but this is the first time it's happened in my lifetime.
RouteManchester to Skiathos via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2017

18th May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Kell, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review. At Aegean Airlines we give our best to provide you with the best services both on and off board and your input is valuable to us. Please note, that the operating carrier reserves the right to proceed to cancellations or changes on the timetable of flights with the condition to inform the passenger at least two weeks before the scheduled time of the flight. In such cases, we always follow the European Regulation 261/2004 in regards to our passengers compensations and reprotections. Should you need any additional information, you are always welcome to revert to your existing communication with the respective department. We thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

"did not know about luggage policy"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Athens. I booked the flight through skyscanner then made final booking through tripsta. There was no option there to choose or pay for sporting equipment (travelling with a bicycle) so I paid for checked in luggage 23kgs. At the check-in I was told I have to pay 50 euros for the bike. I asked if i could pay the difference as I did not know about their luggage policy when I was booking the ticket. I was told they were not responsible for their middlemen (here tripsta). The staff was not helpful. At the end they even checked my hand luggage as it was 11 kgs. I could have put those extra 3 kgs in the bike as bikes don't have a weight restriction according to Aegean Airlines website. Very bad service and lots of unnecessary hassle. I spent over half an hour making the payment at the till. Had to pay cash as the terminal was not working.
RouteMadrid to Athens

17th May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Janus, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent travel experience with us. At Aegean Airlines we give our best to provide you with the best services both on and off board and your input is valuable to us. In order for our passengers to be informed about our baggage and special equipment policy, they are always able to retrieve all the necessary information via our webpage via the link https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-information/baggage/ and https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-information/baggage/special-baggage/ . In case you need any additional information, we are at your disposal via our contact form https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/app/ask . Thank you.

"uncomfortable flight time"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Tel Aviv. This is the second time I was to fly Aegean Airlines. This time I bought tickets to fly in August 2018 in high price for comfortable flying hours since I am flying with young children. I found out the company cancel our flight and listing us to the uncomfortable flight time with no compensation. I will not fly Aegean Airlines again.
RouteLarnaca to Tel Aviv
Date FlownAugust 2017

17th May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Itan, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review. Please note, that the operating carrier reserves the right to proceed to cancellations or changes on the timetable of flights with the condition to inform the passenger at least two weeks before the scheduled time of the flight. In such cases, we always follow the European Regulation 261/2004 in regards to our passengers compensations and reprotections. We thank you for taking the time to share your review.

"staff is very friendly"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Athens. Aegean Airline is one of the best airlines in Europe. The staff is very friendly and helps, if you have any questions or problems. The airplane was clean and in a very good condition. The food in the Business Class was very tasty. The variety of drinks is also very good. Everyone, who fly to Greece, must try Aegean Airlines!
RouteHamburg to Athens

14th May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Samineke, we thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that your recent trip with us met your expectations. It will be our honor to welcome you on board soon again! Thank you.

"the flight was fantastic"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Flew from Tel Aviv to Thessaloniki, and I must say that I was completely satisfied with my flight. The food was great, the staff was excellent, and super polite (as usual) and the plane was clean and on time. The only small issues were that the seats were just a little bit uncomfortable for a two and half hour flight (they were too thin to be precise), the legroom was a bit tight, and there was no inflight entertainment. Other than that, the flight was fantastic! I can't wait for Aegean to start flying long-haul, as I would definitely fly with them on those long routes!
RouteTel Aviv to Thessaloniki

11th May 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Demetriou, we warmly appreciate receiving your positive overall review on our provided services during your flight from Tel Aviv to Thessaloniki with us! We thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, which are well noted. We look forward to hosting you on one of our flights again soon! Thank you very much!