Airline of the Year

Aegean Airlines

"Very friendly crew"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Athens to Lisbon. Aegean Airlines has been the only way from Lisbon to Greece for the past year. Special meal as requested. Very friendly crew, eager to provide assistance to passengers. In flight info about the trip by the captains. Very comfortable and clean seats. No delays. If you book tickets in advance, you may find some really interesting offers. Can't wait for my next flight.
RouteAthens to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2017

"crew were very helpful and kind"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Budapest via Athens. Timing, transportation to the plane, boarding etc was all fine. Specially I was flying with a dog in cabin I was happy that I can manage it by Aegean Airlines. The crew members were very helpful and kind, the food was excellent. On the back way they changed the departure time of my flight from Larnaca to Athen. It started before 1.5 hours as in the original schedule. I received an e-mail before 16 hours the changed departure time. Unfortunately I was not able to read it due to an internet service error. So I just had a phone call before 40 minutes of departure - during I was still traveling on the Airport transfer bus to Larnaca - so I had no chance to be on time at the airport.
RouteLarnaca to Budapest via Athens
Date FlownMay 2017

"I recommend Aegean Airlines"

Verified Review | Athens to Istanbul in August 2016. I have flown Aegean over a dozen times over the past 3 years . I travel to Greece almost every year from Australia and one of the most enjoyable parts is the service from Aegean Airline cabin crew. I have been recently upgraded to Silver Aegean Miles + Bonus and have been given two complimentary business class upgrades that I will be using this year. I recommend Aegean Airlines to anyone who travels in and around Europe on routes offered by the Airline.
RouteAthens to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2016

27th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

Mr. Feng, thank you for recommending us, as well as for your generous review! We hope you will truly enjoy your benefits, as a Silver Miles+Bonus member, in the near future! Efharistoume!

"Crew very friendly and helpful"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Athens. Departure on time. Crew very friendly and helpful. They served cold snack, drinks, coffee as well as Easter treats. However the DHC 8 propeler aircraft is noisy, narrow and somewhat inappropriate for international flights. Hope they replace it soon.
AircraftDHC 8-400
RouteIstanbul to Athens

24th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

Thank you for your positive feedback, regarding the treats and service that we’ve pleasantly offered you, during your recent flight from Istanbul to Athens! Your remark, in relation to the aircraft DH 8, which operates some of our domestic and short-haul international flights are also noted. Mr. Lapakis, it will be our pleasure to welcome you on board soon again, hoping to provide you with an excellent service!

"given chocolate Easter eggs"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Athens. Due to the Easter season, all passengers were given chocolate Easter eggs. The flight was on time. The airplane was very clean, along with the bathroom. Hot towels with lavender scent were provided, and a welcome drink was given. The food was excellent. The seats were leather, and reclined well. The airline magazine was available to every passenger, while a tour of Greece and Cyprus played on overhead TV's. Inflight shopping was available. The crew spoke good English. One of the best flights I have even been on, and would certainly fly with Aegean Airlines again.
RouteBarcelona to Athens

20th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

It is always gratifying to know that we could offer our customers one of the best travel experiences. That’s why your review was such a pleasure to receive! Mr. Giannousas, we do look forward to welcoming you on board very soon again! Thank you so much!

" I would use this again"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Rome to Athens. Though a considerable short flight of 1.5 hours every effort from the staff to keep the tourists statisfied has been made providing a wide variety of newspapaers, beverages, etc. A really good info updating from the cockpit. I would use this again.
RouteRome to Athens

20th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

We are certainly thankful for sharing your positive review, as we are really happy to know that you’ve enjoyed every moment on your recent trip with us. We would love to always offer you pleasant travels that shall meet your expectations, while we hope you're already counting down the days until your next trip!

"Will be happy to fly again"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Amsterdam return and both flights almost full. Aegean still maintains a lot of the elements of the full service concept, apart from the hold luggage, which is paid for. Punctual on the outward flight - the return flight was almost 1 hour delayed due to traffic and strong winds in AMS. Most flights at this airport were delayed. We had to wait a long time untli take off seated in the aircraft. You can request between many different meal options, and I requested the seafood one, which was great and also accompanied by a nice wine from the Peloponesse. Aegean consistenly has a much better level of service than most airlines. Will be happy to fly again!
RouteAthens to Amsterdam

20th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Karykas, thank you for your kind words and overall feedback of our provided services. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon on board one of our flights!

"I was pleasantly surprised"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Milan to Cairo via Athens. I was pleasantly surprised by the service onboard on my short flights (approx. 2h each). It was my first flight with Aegean. Service was quick, began offering small candies. Food was tasty, although smaller portions, but sufficient for a short flight. Good selection of drinks. Friendly staff, aircraft was clean. Only one strange thing, by transfer in Athens. If you come from the non Schengen country and continue to the Schengen countries, you must leave the transit area to public area and pass again security control and through duty free shops. Generally I recommend to fly with Aegean. Why is Aegean only 3 star carrier?
RouteMilan to Cairo via Athens

20th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Lanez, we want to say a warm “thank you” for your kind words and encouraging feedback! We hope that this - very first - flight with us shall be the basis of welcoming you on board soon again!

"difficult access to bathroom facilities"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Madrid via Athens. I give kudos to Aegean for having a specific section on their booking website for indicating the disability of a passenger but it is regrettable that they don't make better use of the information provided. My wife is blind and travels with a guide dog. While US airlines are very good at making accommodations for guide dogs our experience is that European airlines have less understanding of reasonable accommodation. I recognize that Aegean does not have a typical bulkhead that allows a little more space for an assistance dog and they did block out the center seat on both flights on check in but instead of providing a seat in the first few rows of coach we were placed in row 18 and row 19 on the legs between Tel Aviv and Athens and Athens and Madrid respectively. Being right in the center of the plane meant that it was necessary to negotiate a much longer stretch of the narrow center corridor for embarkation and disembarkation and much more difficult access to bathroom facilities. The odd thing was that after completing my reservation online I called Aegean and was specifically assured that we would be placed in the first row of coach class. Obviously a wasted call because when we got to the airport we were told they had no seats set aside for us and were even unsure if they would even be able to block out the center seat on the second leg. Aegean would do well to take some lessons from Delta or American on how to handle guide dogs. The other issue I had was that the plane was way to hot!! On both flights I asked if the temperature could be lowered. I was informed that the ends of the plane were maintained at 24 degrees C which meant that the center of the plane got much hotter and they would not lower the temperature to better serve the center because they would then get complaints about the plane being too cold. Whereas if the plane is too cold a person can add additional clothing but if the plane is too hot then if one is already down to shirt sleeves ther is not much else one can take off and remain decent. Obviously this is a serious design flaw with the equipment with the equipment that is used by Aegean but perhaps they should re-examine the cabin temperature they maintain so that people in the center of the plane don't have to endure excessive heat. The overall rating I am giving is for the issues discussed above. Without these two unfortunate circumstances my rating would be an 8 or 9!
RouteTel Aviv to Madrid via Athens

20th April 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Martins, In relation to passengers travelling on our flights with guide dogs, we would like to let you know that we accommodate them to any window seat, except in the emergency exit and the first rows. As far as the onboard temperature is concerned, this is usually set to 24C. Our cabin crew may modify it for 25C more or less, based always on our passengers’ needs and convenience. Nevertheless, we would be happy to answer on your queries and thoroughly further check your case with respective station. Thus, you may provide us with more information by filling your flight details under the contact form [https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/app/ask] and one of our colleagues will contact you shortly.

"Aegean are clearly cutting corners"

Verified Review | Aegean used to be a good airline but in the last 2 years they have been adopting some low cost airline habits while keeping the fares quite high. Flight A3601 from London Heathrow to Athens. I was at the airport 3 hours before the flight but the business class check in was closed. Same thing happened again 2 months ago. I used the economy check in and after 20 minutes in the queue I was told by the airport staff that unfortunately Aegean pay to have their business class check in open for less time than all other airlines in T2 and so it would open later. Shocking! Aegean, if you can't afford to have business class check in open, do not sell business class tickets or do not fly to Heathrow. Also, when arrived in Athens, once again the A321 full with over 200 passengers and in the middle of a storm, parked at a remote stand rather than at an air bridge. This seems to be common practice for Aegean and the excuse that all air bridges are occupied is simply not true because on this occasion nearly all of them were free. Aegean are clearly cutting corners but their fares are still very high. Their level of service though has dropped significantly to the point that it will cost them passengers. At least they lost myself! Until I know that they have reached the levels they were at two years ago, I will be flying with other Star Alliance airlines only and unfortunately from now on I do not recommend Aegean.
RouteLondon to Chania via Athens

17th March 2017 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Morisson, reading your post, we felt really sorry that, obviously, we did not meet your expectations during your recent flights with us. As far as the Business and Star Gold customers check-in counters' opening at London Heathrow airport is concerned, this is available 150 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Hence, you may understand our surprise when reading your comments. For this reason, we immediately shared your message with our Station Responsible. Regarding the availability of the air bridges, although we would love to board without having to use apron buses, the aircraft parking position assignments rest on respective Airport Authorities depending on the airport traffic, availability, aircraft type, etc. By all means, we took note of all your remarks and please rest assured that all our customers’ comments are copied to our colleagues’ concerned. Meanwhile, should you wish to write us and provide us with further details or for any communication in the future, please contact us at https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/app/ask. Thank you and we do hope to welcome you on board soon!