Aegean Airlines

"we had to change aircraft"

Trip Verified | Athens to Hamburg. Overall a very bad experience. We boarded the aircraft for the flight to Hamburg through a jetway and while taxiing they told us that there is a problem and we had to change aircraft. We were waiting inside the aircraft without any other information and about an hour later we were asked to deplane to a bus and then board another aircraft through a boarding ramp. Aegean could have used a jetway to avoid this hassle and they should have better informed us about the expected delay. We arrived at Hamburg delayed by at least 2 hours and no apology throughout the flight. All staff behaved as if nothing had happened. My family missed their train connections and had to pay for new expensive tickets.
RouteAthens to Hamburg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

21st September 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Leteres, we are really sorry reading your less than favorable comments regarding the specific travel experience with us. Our wish is for our flights to depart/arrive with the use of the boarding bridge, however its use is subject to Airports’ availability. Regarding the delay of your flight, we assure you that our aim is to always depart on time, however, there are occasions when flights may be delayed for reasons which rest well beyond the operating carrier’s control. We do hope to welcome you on board soon to revert this experience to a completely positive one throughout! Thank you.

"food was not from Aegean"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Thessaloniki back in April 2018. I spend a lot of money to upgrade my economy ticket to a business ticket. On board welcome was ok but cool. My seat in 1A was okay, cabin was clean. The food on this day was not from Aegean, they give a plastic box with potato salad and other vegetables. I never upgraded my flight for 280 euros for the one way flight, it is a shame, is these are taste of Greece?
RouteStuttgart to Thessaloniki
Date FlownApril 2018

20th September 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Kotzaridis, thank you for sharing your experience with us. As far as it concerns your meal, we are really sorry that you did not enjoy it, as our meals are inspired from the Greek cuisine. Especially, for our Business Class passengers, we have launched the “Gastronomics” experience, in order for them to taste flavors from the modern Greek cuisine. We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and we do hope to welcome you on board soon again. Thank you.

"Everything was fine"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. Everything was fine. The crew was very friendly, the food was Great. I like the luxury feeling that it gives you compared to other airlines performing the route from LCA to ATH. 'm very satisfied.The only thing that disappoints me is that the baggage maximum weight is 8kg and other airlines have it as 10kg.
RouteLarnaca to Athens

12th September 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Gavriliadis, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we were glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall flight experience with us. We will be glad to welcome you on board soon again!

"Worse than with low cost companies"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Being a gold member of star alliance and Miles & Bonus I have certain expectations from a company. Aegean is still a decent airline but the benefits for gold members are less and less and the motivation to remain a loyal customer is being decreased on a daily basis. The free vouchers for parking make no sense if you are parking the car for more than 24 hours as booking your parking through Athens Airport website is always cheaper even if you use the "free coupons". Buying a seat at the front of the aircraft is also obligatory for gold members with flights being extremely expensive especially during summer period. The seats behind the emergency exits (which are for free) are unbearable. Worse than with low cost companies.
RouteAthens to Amsterdam

5th September 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mrs. Nomikou, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review. With our frequent flyer program, we aim to reward our loyal customers constantly with more and more services and journey essentials as for them to enjoy the trip with us in every step. We have forwarded your feedback to all the involved departments for their further knowledge and actions. We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and remarks and we hope to welcome you on board soon again.

"I'm very satisfied"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Thessaloniki to Nuremberg . I'm very satisfied with Aegean Airlines onboard product. I've flown with them several times the last few months. Some facts that deserve mentioning are clean and modern cabin, confortable seats (even though i think those could be a little more comfortable but they are ok for short-haul flights), polite cabin crew that makes you feel welcome onboard, nice food and beverages and finally good ground services. I suggest flying this airline.
RouteThessaloniki to Nuremberg

28th August 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Giannakopoulos, thank you for your kind words regarding our services on board and off board, as well as for your generous review. We would love to always offer you pleasant travels that shall meet your expectations, while we do look forward to welcoming you on board very soon again! Thank you!

"the flight was enjoyable"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Toulouse. There was a slight delay because of air traffic but as a whole the flight was enjoyable and the staff was polite. The beverage I chose was an apple juice. I would really enjoy it if I could lean my seat back but the seat was locked in the upright position and it can get tough to stay in that position for three hours.
RouteHeraklion to Toulouse

27th August 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Leventis, thank you for sharing your latest experience with us. Regarding the in-flight entertainment, our colleagues are working on this and you will be able to enjoy more options on your next flights with us in the upcoming period. In order for you to be updated, you may always check through our social media channels and our official website. Concerning your seat and since you had informed our colleagues on board, it will be already fixed. We are always here for you.

"lose your bags twice"

Trip Verified | I flew from London to Athens in July 2018 with 4 bags, paying extra for the service. Only 2 bags arrived. I made a report on arrival. The following day I was flying from Athens to Luxor via Cairo. I received an email after I had checked on for my flight that my bags had been found. As I had 2 hours before departure I had time to go and reclaim them. I went downstairs and was shown a store room, my bags were there however one of them a 33kg bag I had paid for was ripped and was not in any condition to make any extra journeys. At the desk I was offered that they could replace the one big broken bag with 2 smaller ones. I accepted and I took one of the bags to Egyptair and checked it on whilst leaving the other with their supervisors to check in so I didn’t have to pay a fine for an extra bag. This bag was left in with them to send on the same flights and meet me in Luxor. The bag didn’t arrive plus I didn’t have any ticket for the bags to trace. I started the very very long and painful process of trying to find my bag via email. This was 7 weeks ago. Every week I get the same generic email that says they are at my disposal and want to help. Finally yesterday I had an email telling me to go to Luxor airport and get my bags proving me with ticket references. I arrive at Luxor airport only to find they have provided the ticket of the bags from London to Athens which are shown as claimed. But their email states this are from Athens to Luxor. This is the most ridiculous situation I’ve ever encountered. How can an airline lose your bags twice and provide ticket numbers from previous flights.
RouteLondon to Athens

27th August 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Vale, we are sorry to hear this and would like to apologize for any upheaval caused. In any case however, please contact our Customer Relations through https://bit.ly/2n99Txa and provide our colleagues with the respective details in order for them to check it and further assist you. Thank you.

"trip is generally good"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Cairo via Athens. The trip is generally good, but I ordered a halal meal and I had booked the ticket for the sector Barcelona to Athens. On the flight to Cairo, the hostess gave me a regular meal and when I asked her she told me it is halal. But the meal has no proof that it is halal. I told her that the meal is not halal. She told me that my name does not exist on the list. I gave her a booking ticket, and after I made sure my name was on the list. She told me that have not more halal meal.
RouteAthens to Cairo

21st August 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Eissa, We are sorry to hear that your meal order was not met. In the event that our passengers make their request in time and it is registered in their booking, our colleagues ensure to provide you with your desired meal. If you would like for us to check what the issue was with your respective booking and request, please submit all the necessary details through our contact form (https://bit.ly/2n99Txa) Thank you.

"seats and cabin were clean"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Flying with my wife on 5th October 2017 from Madrid Terminal 2 to ATH. At check in the Spanish ground staff was polite, but went to extra lengths to explain the carry on luggage policy and insisted on checking in everything at no extra cost. Had fragile items that wanted on us, below the 8kg weight rule. Eventually, they let us carry our entitlement! At the Terminal 2 gate, there was a delay of approximately 15-20 minutes. Boarding was fine, and staff did not weigh any carry on luggage. Once on the aircraft, seats and cabin were clean. Lunch and the traditional Greek dessert from Rhodes offered was excellent! Were quite tired so did not use the inflight entertainment system. Overall, an excellent flight with excellent inflight service. I do not award full stars because of the luggage policy and the delay at Barajas Terminal 2 .
RouteMadrid to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2017

16th August 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Anagnostoulis, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we were glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall flight experience with us. We will be glad to welcome you on board again soon!

"reduce the excess weight"

Trip Verified | Terrible customer service at Heathrow check-in and boarding gate. There was no Aegean Airlines staff to assist passengers. The staff at check-in and at the gate appeared to be untrained or poorly trained, and two of them were rude, abrupt, and unwilling to help me with a simple issue about my baggage excess weight with one stating to leave me behind if I did not reduce the excess weight and the other at the gate, forced me to check in my quite small cabin bag in which I had my laptop, hard drive and other equipment.
RouteLondon to Athens

10th August 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Leventis, we are really sorry reading your less than favorable comments regarding the specific travel experience with us. Regarding the baggage allowance, indeed a specific weight and size is permitted, for which you may find all relevant information by following the link https://bit.ly/2d4aNqt . In case you would like for one of our colleagues to check in detail what you mention, please submit your comments through our contact form (https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/app/ask). We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.