Aegean Airlines

"recommend to fly with Aegean"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Rome to Thessaloniki via Athens. A very good experience! The handling was nice. We had only a delay because of bad weather condition in Rome. The cabin crew was very polite and helpful. The food was nice, any snack and drink was made by top brands. I would definitely recommend to fly with Aegean Airlines.
AircraftA320-200
RouteRome to Thessaloniki via Athens

13th April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Lafanis, thank you for your kind words regarding our crew and services on board, as well as for your generous review! We deeply appreciate your warm comments, while we will be pleased to host you again on our future flights! Thank you!

"Narrow and hard seats"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Naples. Departure with some delay. Crowd at the gate. DHC8 are not the most comfortable planes to fly with. Narrow and hard seats, very cramped. In the particular one couldn't even fit my cabin baggage on the space above my head. On return, fare prices are noticeably cheaper than on jet aircraft. Crew served cold snack as there are no kitchen facilities on this aircraft.
AircraftDHC8
RouteAthens to Naples

10th April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Kapsis, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent flight from Athens to Naples with us. At Aegean Airlines we give our best to provide you with the best services both on and off board and your input is valuable to us; while we have shared your feedback with all the involved parties for further consideration Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

"Great service overall"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Rome to Athens. Flight was almost full, but departed almost on time. Ground crew offered to check in our baggage for free. Crew served hot small meal, good taste and choice. Even with full cabin they managed to serve coffee before landing preparation take place. Great service overall.
RouteRome to Athens

10th April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Kapsis, we thank you for your overall positive review regarding your recent travel experience with us! We are happy to know that we have been your choice on this trip, while, we look forward to hosting you on one of our flights soon again! Thank you very much.

"it felt efficient and hospitable"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Very reliable and definitely positive experience with all aspects from check in to flight. I flew Berlin Tegel to Athens on an A320. Check in with Aegean Airlines at Berlin Airport was pretty fast. Berlin Tegel is one of the of the most mediocre airports but Aegean check in was fully manned / all seats full with check in staff. Fast check in / very kind personnel. Flight was almost 100% full. Crew were always with a smile and this was a full flight with lots of kids. All in all it felt efficient and hospitable. Food was hot, I ordered for free a Low Fat meal during booking, I think this must be the only airline in Europe still serving hot food + special meals for free in Economy. You can pick any meal during booking through their site. Bread also served, refreshments or wine, coffee, juice etc. Crew were always smiling. Normal economy seat size is very decent. They offer the option of paying to get a "front seat" with extra leg room. I have done it in the past and it was worth the 15-20 euros needed. This time I went for a simple seat at the rear of the aircraft, space was decent. I would not complain really, this is a very competitive fare price. If you feel you'll need some more extra space do go for the seat upgrade option for a few extra bucks. Nevertheless for the price / seat combination I was more than happy and ok with my seat size. Flight left on time, maybe 5 minutes late, arrived earlier. All in all a good uneventful flight with good service. No in-flight entertainment but good food / good in-flight crew service without a doubt. Do get some episodes of what you like downloaded onto a cellphone or tablet before hand and problem solved. All in all I would pick Aegean Airlines again based on the efficiency, accuracy of flight time and good fare when you book early / very good crew. Positive flight experience at a time when most European carriers are offering way less than them.
RouteBerlin Tegel to Athens
Date FlownApril 2018

7th April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Manos, We were glad to read your very positive feedback and to know that you enjoyed both your flight with us and the meal served during it. We appreciate your feedback and it will be our honour to have you on board soon again!

"no coffee was served at all"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Athens. We are flying Aegean Airlines every time we visit Greece, and are very happy with the flights, the crew and the catering. But, something went wrong at our latest trip on March 29th: no coffee was served at all after the meal! We just wonder why? The catering has been perfect all previous flights. Just curious to know the reason. We strongly recommend Aegean.
RouteCopenhagen to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2017

7th April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mrs. Roussos, We would like to thank you for taking the time to forward us your feedback. We ensure to do our utmost in order to provide you with a full service including meal and refreshments, as well as coffee or tea, according to your preference. However, there are occasions when due to a possible limitation of the flight duration and in certain flights due to turbulence, it might not be feasible to completed our service to our passengers the way we normally do. We hope to welcome you soon on board and provide you with your usual Aegean experience!

"high standard of this airline"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I had already seen online that the incoming flight from Thessaloniki was coming into Frankfurt with a delay of about 2 hours in December 2017, but there was no announcement regarding my flight from Frankfurt to Athens, either on the Frankfurt airport or the Aegean Airlines website regarding a delay. I called the call center and I was told that they had no update on that flight and to try to call the Frankfurt office who had no update and the delay of the incoming flight does not mean a delay of my departure, as there might be another aircraft for my flight. When I went to the airport, it was announced that there is a delay of 2 hours. We ended up leaving with about a 3 hours delay, during which we were not offered anything and the counter was closed and nobody there. I had to kill 3 hours in Frankfurt airport which I could have avoided. The airline failed to inform me. Other than that the flight was full and the level of service pretty much of the high standard of this airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Athens
Date FlownDecember 2017

2nd April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

We are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent travel experience with us. At Aegean Airlines we give our best to provide you with the best services both on and off board and your input is valuable to us. Therefore, we would like to further check your case and provide you with all necessary clarifications. Kindly please fill in the following contact form https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/app/ask and our colleagues will contact you the soonest. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

"experienced very poor service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I experienced very poor service on the delayed flight from Athens to Heraklion on the 17th of March 2018. I was at the airport for more than 24 hours, very tired and anxious after traveling for a week in Germany. After the trip I also contacted customer care to express my complaints and they also had the same cold attitude that they did at the airport.
RouteAthens to Heraklion

2nd April 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mrs. Papadaki , we are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent flight with us. We would like to assure you that our aim is to always depart on time, however, there are occasions when flights may be delayed for reasons which rest well beyond the operating carrier’s control. Since you have been in contact with our Customer Relations Department, kindly please revert to the respective communication, in order for our colleagues to provide you with all the clarifications you may need. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

"definitely worth it to upgrade"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Bucharest. I enjoyed a lot my Business Class flight. Even for such a short flight (about 1,5h) the lunch was complete, including appetizer, main course and dessert. We were also offered hot towels which were very refreshing. The cabin crew was discreetly checking if we need anything, making you feel well. It's definitely worth it to upgrade!
RouteAthens to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2018

27th March 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Papaserini, thank you so much for sharing your kind comments and the delicious photo! Our aim is to offer you a enjoyable flight with us in every single step of your travel. We look forward to welcoming you on board the soonest.

"this flight was really nice"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Dusseldorf. I travel frequently with Aegean and this flight was really nice. The cabin crew was really friendly and helpful. The whole flight from Athens to Dusseldorf was really flawless. The landing was perfect. We didn't even understand that we had landed (there was not even a short tremble when the wheels touched the ρθνςαυ). I definitely recommend Aegean Airlines.
RouteAthens to Duesseldorf
Date FlownFebruary 2018

19th March 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Vasilas, we are glad to hear that your recent flight with Aegean had everything we wish to offer you in your travels with us. It is our honor to receive your feedback and we will be happy to welcome you on board soon!

"have wonderful cabin staff"

Trip Verified | Larnaca to London via Athens. They have wonderful cabin staff and are helpful, there with a smile. The food on board is very good as is the service, even though my flight stops over in Athens rather than direct, its still enjoyable. Only problem I had was first time at ATthens, when you are in transit its not clear where to go when you enter the airport . Apart from that can't fault anything keep up the good work.
RouteLarnaca to London via Athens

12th March 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Hunt, we appreciate receiving your positive comments for our cabin staff during your flight from Larnaka to London via Athens! We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your flight with us. Regarding your comments about Athens International airport, we suggest you to contact the respective department. We look forward to welcome you on one of our flights again soon! Thank you very much.