Aegean Airlines

Review by (United States)

This airline is a pleasure to fly. Courteous and professional flight attendants, clean cabins, meals and alcoholic beverages served for free on international flights, even candies distributed before take off. It seems that Aegean Airlines took a look back to the nicer days of flying and made sure to bring back all of the now-missing elements of a pleasant flying experience. Highly recommended.
RouteTXL to FCO via ATH

Review by (United States)

Aegean Airlines really impressed me during my recent travel. Everything about the airline felt like one of the larger global carrier companies, but the exception is that it is a budget airline. From the moment I arrived at the check-in desk and had some issues with overweight luggage, the receptionist was so kind to help me and also granted me a little leniency. The plane was clean and seemed new. Both of my flights were on time. I was shocked when they served food and beverages. The staff were so nice and friendly. What's more was that the layover happened in Athens and they make it so easy to take a train to the city and enjoy for a few hours while waiting for the connecting flight. Honestly I cannot believe how little I paid for such a seamless and pleasant experience.
RouteMadrid to Beirut via Athens

Review by (Greece)

On time both ways, good inflight service. Aegean is generally a good airline and I prefer to fly with them on my bi-monthly trips between Athens and Salonica. My only quibble in terms of inflight service is the orange 'nectar' rather than juice. However, Aegean has a baggage allowance problem. To expect people on domestic flight to only take 8 kg (ie. total with handbag) is okay, but the airline does the same even on international flights. You cannot act as a budget airline unless you offer budget prices, which Aegean does not.
RouteSKG to ATH

Review by (Italy)

The elegant attire of the Aegean Airlines FAs is something that brings you back to the glamorous and classy days of the early jet age (which I never experienced). Everything went really smooth and the experience from booking to collecting luggage was flawless with an excellent level of service, despite the low-cost tariff payed (Go Light ticket + individual baggage allowance). Adequately staffed in the cabin (4 FAs, even on short-haul domestic flights), above the average food and near-mint aircraft.
RouteMilan to Chania via Athens

Aegean Airlines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

We flew Business class and having enjoyed the outward flight 18 days earlier we were looking forward to the return flight. The lounge at Larnaca was our first disappointment but there are reviews of this on the lounge review site. The boarding was pleasant enough, the staff helpful and friendly and the seats comfortable and well spaced. My only complaint was that we had the rearmost seats of the business section and we were unfortunate enough to have small children behind us continually banging and pushing our seats. The major complaint was the food. I am sure that they had been let down by the supplier and had to find something in a hurry, especially as the food on the outward flight was very good. The starters consisted of shredded lettuce which looked to be old and mixed in with it were pieces of anchovy and a few pieces of tomato. Judging by the left overs of other passengers, I was not the only one to find this unappetising. When the mains were served, things got worse. We were given the choice of meat or fish and I opted for meat. I have no idea what this meat was, but the meat was swimming in a weak gravy amongst a lot of peas. I did try the meat but a small taste was enough. Again, the left overs on other passenger's trays told its own story. If there was a genuine problem, I wish they had told us because as it stands, if that is their normal food, our first flight with Aegean Airlines will be our last.
RouteLarnaca to Heathrow

Review by (Belgium)

This is the 5th round trip that I have done with BRU-ATH in 2015. This time I flew business, which couldn't have been better: absolutely great service, fantastic food and drinks (wines are excellent), new Airbus 320. When I fly economy, the service is equally friendly, motivated, and willing to help. They even serve food lunch/dinner for flights below 3hrs. Certainly the best airline in the region and one of the best ones in Europe.
RouteATH to BRU

Aegean Airlines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Overall a good experience flying with Olympic [JMK to ATH] and Aegean to LHR. The inflight catering however, is not as good as it used to be. Onboard announcements sound as if they are speeded up and difficult to understand both from cabin crew and flight deck. All in all though, very happy with Aegean and Olympic. Fly with them several times a year and miles better than budget airlines operating between UK and Greece.
AircraftA321 & DHC 800
RouteJMK to LHR via ATH

Review by (Cyprus)

Aegean Airlines have invested in changing the crew uniforms, upgrading the website, etc. On 5 out of 5 flights in the last 2 weeks, none left on time. The typical message you get when there is a delay is that this is due to a late arrival of the aircraft. I genuinely hope they seriously rethink how to manage the customer expectations and justify the image that they are so keen to establish.
RouteATH to LCA

Review by (United States)

This was my second segment of my vacation to Greece using Aegean. The planes were new, ground crew professional. Flight attendants were courteous. Offered warm towels, candy and a small pre-take-off drink. The breakfast was delicious. Before landing, another round of warm towels. There is no IFE. Good seating - not formal business class seating, with the middle seat of three blocked. Downside was the 30 minute wait for luggage at Vienna.
RouteSantorini to Vienna via Athens

Review by (Greece)

I flew Aegean Airlines' flight 600 to London. Boarding was pleasant and the flight departed on time. Seat legroom was generous and the seat comfortable. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. We were served a hot meal and drinks twice. During the flight we watced a video about Greece. Finally we arrived to LHR on time. I would recommended.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure