Top 100 Airlines

Aegean Airlines

"enjoyed the comfort"

Verified Review | Athens to Zurich. I had already flown business with Aegean Airlines once and I really enjoyed the comfort and the service. The second time was as good as the first one. Priority boarding worked very well, crew was welcoming and caring. I was impressed by the attention to details - when people were boarding and walking up the stairs of the aircraft, the flight attendant noticed a mother with a baby at the end of the queue and she immediately reacted and gave priority to them. Crew had a genuine smile and was attentive. The captain provided information on the flight and the destination several times. The food was delicious (sea food special meal: asparagus salad with tuna as a starter, sea bream and grilled vegetables as a main dish with a very good selection of drinks and sweets). I had one request concerning my "miles and bonus" account and asked for help through the online contact form. I received a detailed e-mail in addition to a phone call and the issue was solved immediately. Aegean is being consistent for years now with their excellent service as an airline and I hope that they will keep up like this in the future.
RouteATH to ZRH
Date FlownMay 2016

17th May 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

Thank you for taking the time to write a favorable review upon your travel experience with Aegean! Your comments across all your travel stages are highly appreciated dear S. Grimonas! We really hope we will have the chance to welcome you soon on board and offer you our services!

"met every expectation"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Rome via Athens with Aegean Airlines. Cheap price, comfortable seats, pleasant crew, comfortable flight. Truthfully this airline met every expectation and I would happily fly them again.
RouteTLV to FCO via ATH
Date FlownApril 2016

28th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear C. Hannor, the points you have kindly noted sum up what we intend to offer to all of you, who choose Aegean for your journeys. We would like to warmly thank you for taking the time to share them and we are looking forward to exceed your expectations on your future flights with us!

"business class food delicious"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Last December I had a flight from Heraklion to Warsaw through Athens with Aegean Airlines. Food in business class was delicious and service excellent. Ground Staff were polite and flights were on time. The only complaint I had was with some flights within Greece. Many passengers take with them onboard not only their handbag, but 2 or 3 bags, it can be very slow to stand and wait for them to store their bags. On long distance flights (Athens-London, Athens-Moscow etc) I would like improvements in the in-flight entertainment and larger food portions.
RouteHER to WAW via ATH
Date FlownDecember 2015

28th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the meal during your flight with us and that the service provided by our Ground and Inflight Staff met your expectations. Keeping in mind your comments, we can identify that there is still room for improvement and we are all happily continuing our efforts to ameliorate the areas you have noted.We will be more than happy to have chance to prove it on your next Aegean flight. Thank you!

"it was a pleasant flight"

Verified Review | Zurich to Athens, and once again it was a pleasant flight with Aegean Airlines which I prefer over other alternatives. To start with mobile check-in, very quick and easy to navigate (on website) process. Boarding was smooth, crew genuinely friendly and professional. I like the fact that they are flexible in terms of providing this "extra" service when asked for, even for passengers flying economy (eg. a newspaper, an extra drink etc.). Food is better from what one expects from a short european flight - I had shrimps, fish and steamed vegetables on a 2.5 hours flight (on economy flight). Leg space was plenty, the airplane was new and clean.
RouteZRH to ATH
Date FlownApril 2016

26th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

We would like to warmly thank you for your kind words encouraging us to continue our efforts, so as to offer you always pleasant travel experiences and the efficient services you expect. Dear Yiannis, it will be our pleasure to welcome you on board soon!

"crew friendly, service with a smile"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Aegean is a good airline. I flew Athens to Berlin, round trip, Business Class. Boarding in Athens was fast. Aircraft clean and new, crew friendly and offering service with a smile. Meals are ok. I had ordered special meal due to some dietary restrictions and this was delivered correctly. Service and ingredients is comparable to airlines doing similar route. Drinks were offered multiple times through the flight. Coffee offered, dessert also which was delicious. Departed on-time, landed on-time. An efficient airline and delivers the flying service well. Business Class experience could probably be better with some inflight entertainment added, but still this is a 2h30m flight where you hardly have time to offer meals and relax a bit, so, no complains at all. Highlight of the flight is the cabin service from the crew. Flight back from Berlin to Athens. Experience in Berlin Tegel Airport in comparison to Athens airport is not good and this is common with all airlines, since the airport is old. Athens airport is so much better. Flight back was equally good. Flight departed with a 15m delay but landed 20m early. I would fly with Aegean Airlines again with no second thoughts.
RouteATH to TXL

20th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

Thank you for writing a favorable review upon your flight experience with Aegean. We are really happy you enjoyed our services and we do hope to see you on board soon!

"efficient cabin crew"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Flew Athens to London Heathrow with Aegean Airlines. Excellent inflight service, smiling and efficient cabin crew, flights on time and a very clean cabin. Economy class hot meals could be improved in terms of quantity and appearance but still a plus for intra-european flights. I would also prefer a wider IFE choice.
RouteATH to LHR

18th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

We are really happy to read your favorable review on our Services. As for the comment in regards to our In-Flight Entertainment System (IFE) is well noted. Thank you for your kind and honest feedback, we do hope to see you on board soon!

"pleasure flying with Aegean Airlines"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Madrid to Athens and the flight was completely full, however boarding was done in a timely manner. Departure and arrival on time, despite a strike of air traffic controllers in France. Checked in using the mobile phone app and chose my seat (11A). Checked in my hand luggage, as I did not want to carry it around and worry about where to store it in the cabin. Free catering - food was tasty, however not plenty - asked for a second bread, but they did not give me. Plenty of drinks. Drop down screens which demonstrated areas of tourist interest in Greece and the route map and flight data. In flight magazine provided. Announcements made in Greek, English and Spanish - there was at least one cabin crew member fluent in Spanish. Good leg space. Quick disembarcation using a bridge - luggage did not take long. Very good value for money (50 EUR). It was a pleasure flying with Aegean Airlines.
RouteMAD to ATH

26th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

Mr. Karykas we have already shared all your comments within the company. Living up to your expectations itself gives us a great movitation to keep our hard work and secure an unforgettable flight experience to you with Aegean. Looking forward receiving any further communication.

"food service was very good"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Lyons return with Aegean Airlines. The A320 was ok and clean. Both flights were on time. Food service was very good. Staff was friendly, announcements were on Greek, English, French. There is no IFE or tablet with uploaded movies. There were dropdown screens with flight directions and advertisements about Greece. Boring for the almost 3 hour flight. Seats were standard but comfortable.
RouteATH to LYS

26th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

Your comments are well noted Mr. Vrontos for further improvement on our end especially with regards to the In Flight Entertainment. We acknowledge all the all our passengers' suggestions so you can enjoy a wonderful travel experience when choosing us for your journeys. Always remaining at your services.

"flight was very pleasant"

(Netherlands Antilles)

Verified Review | Had to fly non short notice to Thessaloniki. Website is easy to use, booking completed within a few minutes. Check-in and boarding very smooth. Welcoming, friendly crew. Seats are standard seats with middle seat free in between. Good service onboard the flight, high quality of food and drinks. The flight was very pleasant as was the flight back two days later. Their lounge at SKG is quiet and boarding is through the lounge with seperate bus to the plane.
RouteDUS to SKG

26th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

We are very happy to receive another great review of yours Mr. Grotenhius. We are glad you experienced all the stages of your travel with such an efficiency and comfort. We really hope to welcome you again soon and provide you with our servies.

"combine friendliness with efficiency"

Verified Review | Aegean Airlines from Munich to Thessaloniki with a high level of service, the cabin crew is able to combine friendliness with efficiency. I slept most of the time because I was exhausted, but when I woke up, about 30 minutes before landing, they served me the dinner and even managed to end it with a mastiha. Aegean Airlines is my preferred airline whenever I fly to Greece but now will also consider them for stopover to their other destinations, just to have this home-coming feeling again, something that is rare nowadays in flight industry.
RouteMUC to SKG
Date FlownDecember 2015

26th April 2016 : Aegean Airlines response

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments about our services during your flight. We assure you Mr. Grotenhius that we will definetely establish offering to our passengers greek delights that make you feel like home. Hoping to see you on board soon !