Zest Airways Passenger Reviews and Zest Airways Passenger Trip Reports

Add your Zest Airways Review

Zest Airways Star ranking

Zest Airways
6.4 out of 10  6.4 out of 10

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  17 April 2014 by M Lokan    (Australia)

Airport staff this time were as efficient as you can get. Check in was kind of a slow process, and they do need to learn how to prioritize their lines. Not once did we get a final check in or express check in at the check in counters. By the time I got to immigration we had 20 minutes until our flight left, luckily enough the immigration let us cut the line. It didn't really matter because we arrived at the gate to basically stand there for 15 mins. Our departure was at 10.50am, we are boarding at 10.50am. Onboard the aircraft my seat was cracked. Staff were quite rude constantly asking us to sit down, while they played who to blame for the delay. Captain didn't say anything which I found rude. It was only after 30 minutes that he informed us we missed our time slot. Cabin was quite hot. I never seen such picky flight staff in my life asking anyone who moved seats why they were moving and to proceed back to their seat. For dinner there was no stock left, no meal, no sandwich, no coke. We finally arrived in Cebu, only an hour late. “You get what you paid for and I paid only $120.00 for two tickets.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Ace Chris    (Philippines)

MNL-PPS-MNL. Good old aircraft, Good service but have no In-Flight magazine available.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  2 August 2013 by N Fuller    (USA)

Flew TAG-MNL or at least attempted too on a low fare. After waiting 4 hours at the airport, flight was canceled. Next flight with space for 8 people (my extended family) was in 3 days. We ended up taking a ferry to another city, and taking another Zest flight which was itself late. No vouchers for hotel or food. Pure mayhem. Don't be fooled by the fact that Zest has a new airplanes (they do) as this missing part is how to operate them with efficiency.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  9 July 2013 by Arnold Tukker    (Netherlands)

Afraid I have to join the majority here. I had booked the 21.30 flight from Kalibo to Manila on 6 July 2013 with Zest. A day in advance I got an SMS and email that this flight was cancelled and we were moved to their 23.50 flight. It is almost that time now and we were informed the flight will come in around 2 am, arriving in Manila at 4am. Instead of an easy night in Manila with planned arrival 11.30 pm I now foresee a night deprived of sleep. With hindsight I should have paid 8 Euros more for Air Philippines that departed nicely on time.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  4 July 2013 by A Lanzaga    (Germany)

I flew several Times with Zest MNL either to TAG an CEB. My flights were never on time, and very poor customer service at all stations. Comparing it to the same price level airlines which are offered with in the Philippines, I would recommend not to fly with Zest Air.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  25 June 2013 by E Owen    (USA)

Kalibo-Manila. Flight was 2 hrs delayed on June 20, 2013. Flying back to Manila-Kloilo, flight Z2 330 was 2 hrs delayed. Horrible airline and poor customer service. Not recommended.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Medardo P Sangil    (Manila)

My trip from Manila to Tagbilaran was moved by 2 hours and 50 minutes, got a 3 day notice from Zest Air, 3 hours of wasted time and they refused to rebook me for free. Same thing happened to my return flight Tagbilaran to Manila. This time there was no notice that the flight was delayed by 2.5 hrs.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  23 May 2013 by J Martinez    (China)

Had a flight December 2012, from Manila to Shanghai. Flight delayed for more than an hour. Other than that, I had no complaints on that flight. Seats are spacious and comfy enough. I also booked a returned flight from Shanghai and had to cancel it due to personal matters. Calling customer service via long distance call is quite a hassle but anyway, my cancellation was confirmed and they told me it'll be refunded. Well now (5 months and counting) I still do not get my refund. Can't reach customer services. Very disappointing.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  9 March 2013 by Jure Mesec    (Slovenia)

Manila-Cebu return. They changed the flight time for both my flights (1hour and 2.5hrs), but failed to inform me properly, so I was first rushing to the airport because I thought I was going to miss the flight. Then had to wait in the airport for 3 and 6 hours respectively because of their wrong texts! Both flights were delayed by 1 hour. Their online booking system works only occasionally. I'm never flying with them again.

ZEST AIRWAYS Customer review :  8 March 2013 by M Daguplo    (Philippines)

Had a great time flying Zest Air. The staff were courteous and very accommodating! Had a 10 min delay on my outbound flight from CEB-MNL, I guess that was because of the heavy rain but it didn't really matter that much. Another 30 min delay for the return flight from MNL-CEB but it was ok since I had enough time to rest at the airport terminal.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  22 April 2012 by W Allen (Singapore)

Have flown other local carriers within the Philippines and think Zest is a step above after my recent flight from Manila to Cebu. Fares were cheap, staff friendly at check-in and onboard. Domestic Terminal in Manila is basic but not the worst in the country. Plane was new and flights on time but a limited inflight food and beverage offering. Would fly again.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  5 December 2011 by L Arcilla (USA)

MNL-BCD return. You get what you pay for. We got the early morning flight to Bacolod only to find out the flight was cancelled. Had to go back home for the afternoon flight. Same thing with our return flight to Manila - morning flight out of Bacolod cancelled. Hotel staff at Bacolod informed us it is a usual occurrence. Such a big inconvenience if your vacation time is limited or you have to catch a connecting flight. Would rather fly with Cebu Pacific or Air Philippines.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  2 September 2011 by Agapito Frondoza (Philippines)

Bacolod-Manila return. Flight times changed on both flights from early morning to late afternoon with only a few hours notice. This caused many problems. Plane from Manila delayed again. Plane itself was ok, but given the delays we do not have confidence in this outfit. With three other airlines serving this route, we won't be flying with Zest again.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  1 August 2011 by R Rouse (UK)

MNL-CEB-MNL . Excellent airline, good value and on time. Friendly and helpful cabin crew. Domestic terminal is small, but quick and easy to negotiate.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  28 July 2011 by M Quick (UK)

Legaspi to Manila. What a refreshing airline, the aircraft we used was modern and on time, pleasant staff.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  11 July 2011 by J Granada (UK)

Flying to Manila from Bacolod using a brand new A319. A bit of a Delay but not a problem as the staff and crew were being very professional and handled it very well. Zest air recently renewed the cabin interior of their aircraft and they truly did a good job. The crew were very friendly and very helpful the entire time, so it made my day! The landing was very soft and the entire flight was very calm. Not mentioning the spacious leg room and clean cabin environment!

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  31 May 2011 by Brad Velsch (USA)

As experienced by most of the travellers using Zest Airways, I got my taste of it too last weekend. My flights from Manila and Busuanga were all delayed by a minimum of 2.5 hours. The lesson of flying with this airline is seared into my brain that I won't forget it. So long Zest Airways.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  26 April 2011 by M Mejia (Philippines)

MNL-PPS return in aging A319 out of old Domestic Terminal. When Cebu Pacific transferred to T3, the experience at the old domestic became a lot more pleasant. Had a slight hiccup with my youngest since she was booked as infant fare when it should have been child. Ground staff sorted it out within the hour after a few well placed phone calls. Snacks and drinks for purchase, but not necessary due to the short flight. Departure and arrival both legs were on time and crew was pleasant for the short 1 hour hop.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  7 April 2011 by Borec Radim (Czech Republic)

Manila to Legaspi. Ticket bought 1 month in advance via Internet for about 15EUR, no problems paying by card. Unfortunately had the same experience as Mark - the flight was cancelled. The official reason was bad weather in the target destination but later on met people having travelled to the same destination the same day but with Airphil. A majority of passengers were rebooked for the next day (they basically merged the 2 flights – was the low number of passengers the reason for the cancellation?). The next day everything OK, the flight without problems. If you don’t care about time fly with Zest – it is cheap.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  6 March 2011 by Philippe Van der Perre (Belgium)

Kalibo (Boracay) to Manila, flight was full. Booked 2 months in advance for roughly 1100 PHP taxes inclusive, about 20 Euro. Could not complain, more legroom than on Air Berlin. Flight on time and crew efficient.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  20 January 2011 by Mark Kent (UK)

Flown Zest Air 9 times and on 8 occasions the flights have either been delayed or cancelled. The customer service staff on the ground are generally incompetent and unprofessional - listening to their ipods and eating instead of serving customers. They frequently provide inaccurate information about flight delays and the customer complaint procedure will leave you pulling your hair out. So why do I fly with them - because they are cheap and thats the only reason! Would I recommend them - No! Unless you don't mind frequent delays and a cheap price.

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  7 April 2010 by V Rollo  (UAE)

MNL-CRM-MNL. Aircraft outdated but not really an issue. Flight delayed but treated well by the ground staff. Gave us lunch and refreshments which was unexpected. On way back, couldn't utilize the tickets but was refunded really easily. Call center very prompt in taking calls and staff very efficient. Good value for money!

ZEST AIRWAYS customer review :  1 June 2009 : by Hugues Martel  (France)

Caticlan-Manila. Crew and ground staff very friendly. The MA-60 is far more comfortable than the De-havilland Dash8 operated by other airlines on this routes when the weather is quite rough.

ZEST AIRWAYS review :  14 April 2009 : by Tomas Bautista  (Philippines)

Flew with Zest air on recently launched Manila - Marinduque service, got through the airport and desks with great ease. The aircraft was a new Xian MA-60, very clean. No service onboard as it was a very short flight. Reading materials great. The flight was comfortable and smooth. The crew was nice and helpful.