Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Milossavlyevich    (Cyprus)

BEG-LCA and back. Boarding in Belgrade chaotic, taking place in a small non-refurbished gate (A8) that can't fit the number of people on an A320, even though our flight wasn't full. Passengers behavior on board appalling, same as the attitude of the stewards and FA's. The flight was like a flying bazaar Legroom is none. Takeoff and landing done in an unpleasant manner, even though the weather was fine (I'm a frequent traveler). On return, boarding at Larnaca gate 41, the one with the stairs. Many people got overcharged for hand-luggage. Crew attentive this time around and passengers well behaved. Got moved to the emergency seat for free. The pilot was a true professional, landing excellent. As you can see Wizz Air can be hit and miss. To use only if you're light on luggage and able to respect the stingent rules that could easily make your "cheap" ticket skyrocket above the price of the one of a regular airline. Until a year ago Wizz Air Serbia was still allowing free checked-in luggage, now only allowed with Wizz Air Ukraine.

Wizz Air Customer review :  20 April 2014 by J Blom    (Norway)

We took trip from Bergen to Riga. To Riga was no problems and no control on size of hand luggage. Back to Bergen was totally different in terms of control on hand luggage. Suitcase was 5 cm in height too large, costs 40 euro extra. No discussion possible. We put all our bits in a plastic bag and threw out the suitcase. No service. If you look for all extra costs for (big) suitcase it is better to book a ticket with a regular airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 April 2014 by M MCfarling    (UK)

We did not even get a Hello or Goodbye when boarding and deplaning! We were tricked into paying an extra £35 for a standard cabin bag when they claimed it was too big. Many passengers with standard cabin bags were forced to pay, they were making a fortune. When we got on the plane, were told there were no seats unless we paid extra for a long seat, I said we were not paying and were entitled to a seat, so after moaning about it we were told we could sit in the long seats for free. We were herded like sheep all over the airport. Same on return flight, no seat on plane unless we paid extra same again, suddenly they found us a seat, only someone under 5ft tall could manage in that seat, it was awful. It was all about trying to make us pay extras for food, drinks , priority boarding, bigger seats, check in baggage, there was no customer service at all.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 April 2014 by S Dimaline    (UK)

The only reason I travel with them is they are the only reasonably priced airline to fly to Kosice, otherwise I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, they make Ryanair seem pleasant. 3.5 hour delay on last flight, only explanation was delayed incoming plane, nothing else.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Marcella Kalafate    (USA)

I booked Wizz from Rome to Prague. They charged for my small rollerboard 50 Euros plus another 30.00 Euros for some hidden fee. I paid in charges more than the seat in cramped plane. Customer service was extremely rude. Never again with Wizz. I booked my way back, with Czech airlines for the same price but a world of difference.

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by T Polster    (Belgium)

LTN-WAW / BRU-BUD I increasingly use Wizzair for business trips on CEE routes. Make sure you book a reserved seat for £8 that gives priority boarding and access to 2 first rows (1st has more space then business class on most carriers) Also ensure you pay for "large" cabin bag as standard allowance is too small. Paying these small extras will make you fly like "business class" for a fraction of economy class on flag carriers and you can book last minute.

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Tom Deptula    (UK)

London to Budapest on 27th March. Our flight was more less on time (15 mins late) but I could see on the display schedule that 2 other flights that day were delayed 2-3 hours each. Standing in a long queue found out that my little personal suitcase was too big to go onboard without paying a fee of £35. On the plane total mess, no allocated seats. Personally I don't understand it as allocating the seats doesn't cost anything, so? Unless it's a part of a scam and making extra money option (choose your seat). On board staff the most useless I have seen so far. I ordered Whisky for me and Gin for my partner, got the bottles and the trolley with serving staff was gone! I had to ask for a glass to have a drink I ordered with them! I don't even want to start on the leg room. Terrible service, the worst airline! Never again!

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by F Kohoutek    (USA)

Very disappointed to be surprised by a $250 charge by Wizz Air for not printing our boarding passes. The company indicates in the fine print that you may be charged a small fee. The company didn't even have the courage to charge us! They have a third party in the airport collecting the money!

Wizz Air Customer review :  28 March 2014 by R J Oaten    (UK)

Flew LTN to Targu Mures (TGM) outbound on 21/3/2014 and return on 26/3/2014. Arrived in TGM ahead of time, return 20 mins late at LTN. Both flights in clean aircraft with fairly attentive cabin crew. No complaints whatsoever, have used them on this route three times and never a problem. You need to concentrate on the website when booking to make sure you only select what you want. The checked in baggage weight is quite generous. Seats are a bit tight but for only 3 hours I didn't find them a problem, (you can always pay for extra legroom) Would recommend.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 March 2014 by E Dudszus    (Ukraine)

Generally speaking I can say that the airplanes are quite good and clean, traveling from Donetsk to Germany (Memmingen, Dortmund) was cheap and easy. Why they cancelled the flights from and to Donetsk from Memmingen, I don't have a clue. This is very bad, but until now I could only recommend the airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Costello    (Australia)

My wife and I flew from Budapest to Madrid on 23 Mar. We lined up for around an hour before even being able to enter the queue. We were then directed to one line where we waited for around 30 mins before being told that we would have to pay 30 euro each as we had not checked in online. The unapologetic server then directed us to line up in the other line. Just as we reached the front again, the bomb squad found an abandoned bag so we were moved out of the queue (about an hour later). Once resolved we again lined up and finally checked in. Talk about making easy things hard. Throughout the staff were unhelpful and rude - probably comes with having to deal with irate passengers daily. After the Melee finally boarded the plane the flight was okay. No entertainment, warm beers for 3 euro and no leg room, you expect that with the budgets but the service is very poor. Never again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by V Kaye    (UK)

17 March 2014. Flight W62202 Luton to Budapest. I knew nothing about Wizz but was really pleasantly surprised! Crew really efficient and friendly. Seats comfortable and cabin looked very clean. Really could not fault the whole flight. I would certainly fly Wizz again and recommend it.

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Obed Broersma    (Netherlands)

Flight back from Budapest to Eindhoven. Bomb squad was busy so we had to wait for 45 minutes. Once the hall was cleared total chaos at check-in, one lady was shouting around like she was managing cattle. My travel partner and I decide to grab some coffee as we were instructed in bad English to wait as other flights had priority, this was 5.30 am! Once the queue dissolved we walked over to the check in and were told check in is closed and it was our problem, as far as I'm concerned that was the last flight with Wizz.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Tim Poole    (UK)

W63702 and 3701, 5th Feb to 12th Feb 2014. I travel every two months to Romania, taking Wizzair flights from Luton to Targu Mures. The flights are cheap, especially if you join their Wizzair Club, the staff are for the most part friendly and helpful, although the flight staff are not always too easy to understand when using English. The seats are fairly cramped, but for 2.5 hours this is not a great problem, the luggage allowances need to be clearly studied, but an allowance of 32kilos for hold luggage is generous. Hand luggage can therefore be quite minimal. It is always best to eat and drink before the flight, as in-flight refreshments seem to be one of the ways the airline makes up for their cheap flights. Arrival and departure times are normally very close to target. My only real complaint is the long wait always experienced at the Luton departure gate, always having to stand, while the plane is being prepared. Why not call us when they are ready to take us on board? Using the airline at least 6 times a year I am happy to continue doing so.

Wizz Air Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Imbert Thibault    (Spain)

My friend and I flew from Madrid to Budapest return. Flight from Madrid to Budapest was delayed and incredibly noisy. Return was a nightmare: the luggage which was OK was now too big. We had to pay a 45 EUR extra-fee, like more of the half of the passengers. It is clear that the size of accepted luggage was deliberately chose to make people pay the extra-fee. Moreover staff was scornful, treating us with disdain. First trip with them, probably the last one.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Cristina Stanculescu    (Romania)

Flight 3092 on 27 January 2014 from Dortmund to Bucharest. The flight was delayed but we were rushed to do the checking in and to pass through the security gate. When I asked to talk with a representative the answer was: we don't have time for that and, after passing the security I had to wait one more hour until we got onboard. The checking box for the small cabin luggage - in the airport of Dortmund - doesn't have the standard size - instead of 25x32x42, it is 24x31x41. I was charged with an extra fee.

Wizz Air Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Bajomi-Lazar David    (Hungary)

I have flown 45 segments with Wizzair since its beginning from BUD to CRL, FCO, FRL, GSE, GYD, LTN, MAD, MMX, NYO, SKG, TKU, TLV. I am very satisfied: the aircraft's are new, clean and in a good condition, the flights are almost always on time and the cabin crew is usually friendly. I always buy the extra legroom seat at the emergency exit row for a small fee (around 10 to 15 euros per flight) which also includes priority boarding - very good value, as this seat is actually more comfortable than business class seats on most intra-European flights. Food is not included but you can buy snacks on board for a reasonable price. The only thing I would like as an extra service would be the option to pre-order hot meals.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Simon Castleman    (UK)

London Luton to Warsaw Chopin and Return. December 2013. Arrived 15 minutes late outbound back on time. Staff were helpful and friendly. This is a classic Low cost carrier operation and you get what you pay for - the only problem with this kind of tarmac dash boarding is if you want to make sure you sit next to each other then you need to buy priority boarding. I had read other reports prior to the flight and wasn't looking forward to it, but the experience was much better than I thought it would be. I think the problems on these airlines are caused by people who don't abide by the rules, and expect a full service airline product on a low cost carrier. They do have two baggage sizes for cabin baggage and they do enforce it - measure your bag before you go to the airport and accept if its not "small" you will end up paying for it. I would recommend and I would use again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  9 December 2013 by F Eriksson    (Finland)

My family and I travelled Turku-Gdansk on Dec 4th and Gdansk-Turku on Dec 6th. I have only positive feedback to give to Wizzair. Cheap flights (GDN-TKU only 9.99€/passenger). FA friendly and very aware of security issues. Of course, you get what you pay for. On GDN-TKU we actually paid more for one piece of luggage (15) than the cost of one passenger ticket. Flight to GDN on time. GDN-TKU took place on the day winter storm Xavier hit Poland so we really didn't know what to expect. However the flight took off about 30min delayed and landed in TKU almost on time. We believe that our WizzAir flight must have been one of the few flight that managed to take off almost on time in Gdansk that day. No worries about security during take off either. Over all our WizzAir experience was better than we expected before our travel.

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2013 by G Cattermole    (UK)

Luton-Warsaw return. Outward was OK. I'd read the cabin baggage conditions, and taken the - minute - briefcase that fitted the size regulations. The FA's were competent. But the seats are the most uncomfortable I have experienced, in 45 years of air travel. No legroom (at 1.88m, I'm not that tall), but also slippery leather surfaces, no back support, and absolutely excruciating seat cushion. I had to keep getting up and walking up and down the aisle, to relive the pain. Return was less OK. Boarding ground staff were clearly incompetent. Kept starting one thing, then stopping and doing something else. Spent 15 minutes arguing with a young mother and her baby. No information on why delayed, or for how long. finally loaded onto a bus, and left on it for 50 minutes, before finally getting to the plane. Plane was 40 minutes late; no explanation, no apology. Yes, it was cheap. Yes it was nasty. But, on the good side, we got there safely.

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2013 by I Guc    (Netherlands)

My most recent trip with Wizz was yesterday and there were no delays and no problems and got to travel for a very low fare from Bucharest to Eindhoven. This is definitively the best airline in terms of value for money. It is truly a low cost airline with rates as low as 19 euros from Bucharest to Eindhoven. I'm a student and therefore, low budget. I've been flying with them for over 3 years now and never had problems. Since Wizz started operating, it definitively helped me afford more trips. Being a discount club member I always get discount and can take my friends on discounted fares as well.

Wizz Air Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Melissa Harrison    (UK)

You may think it is a cheap flight - but they rob you blind in unseen extras. We arrived at Luton - with 2 carry on bags - 3 hour delay - which was caused by Wizz Aircraft being called to do an extra flight? So we decided to check our luggage in - so we didn't have it for hours in the departure lounge - £56 per bag. The flight makes a coach on the M25 feel luxurious! Buy this, buy that. Return flight - 20 mins late. Check in via a pre desk with card machines at the ready. Did you check in on line? Yes - but it would only let 1 person check in online. Sorry - you will have to pay 30 euros per person for not checking in online. Your carry on bag is counted as large - you will have to pay 45 euros for carry on! Flight called to gate - walked miles - and then waited standing in a cold hanger to board for 40 mins!

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 November 2013 by V Riches    (UK)

I found it impossible to check in online with Wizz Air when returning from Bulgaria. I tried on two consecutive days but with no success. I arrived at the airport without web check in and had to pay 20 euros. On my return home there was also difficulty. I have travelled with Wizz Air many times in the past and find them excellent value for money - but am wondering if web check in has purposefully been made difficult recently so as to get people to phone the very expensive help line.

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Richard Harris    (Hungary)

Flight from Larnaca to Budapest was diverted to Vienna because of fog. Unfortunately from 11pm to after 3am no information at all. Vienna airport were not even expecting the plane to land here. Wizz customer service rep was useless, kept saying be patient. Finally at 3.40 we learnt that buses will arrive at 5.30 am. Result we sit in Vienna airport all night with no food, drink or information.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 November 2013 by T Hodge    (Australia)

Luton-Ljubljana and return. Booked flights 3 days before departure at very cheap rates. I read the negative reviews and was a bit nervous but everything turned out fine. You get what you pay for. Yes, there is no leg room (I'm 195cm tall), the seats aren't the greatest. We found it strange that the only way to take bags for free was if you took a small backpack, so that's what we did. If you follow their rules you'll have a no hassle experience. Outbound flight was on time and return flight landed 10 minutes ahead of schedule. FA's worked hard and responded quickly when other passengers were seeking assistance. Happy to fly again at a low price and if the flight is 2 hours or less.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Mills    (UK)

Doncaster to Vilnius. OK it was very cheap, but turned out to be very uncomfortable before we had boarded the aircraft, (which did leave on time thank goodness). I have two main issues: We had booked priority boarding because we were a party of 5 with a baby of 1 year and wanted to sit together. We found that in practice this meant we could stand at the head of the boarding queue, with a restless baby, for about one hour. Departure gate staff made no attempt to deal with this by for example getting passengers to sit down until boarding was imminent or announcing that priority boarders could jump the queue when the gate was opened. I subsequently complained to Wizzair about this and they confirmed that priority boarding meant nothing unless present at the front of the queue at the time of boarding. It is true the flight was uneventful and extremely cheap, so I have not rubbished them completely.

Wizz Air Customer review :  13 November 2013 by R Jarvis    (UK)

I flew with Wizzair on 5 Nov from Craiova to London Luton, the girl at check in on the ground at Craiova wanted £20.00 to let me with 800grams over the 32KG allowed. She asked me to take items so that the weight was correct which I did. My company paid for my flight and I had "priority pass" which meant boarding earlier than everybody else, she refused to allow me on board until most people were boarded. I complained to Wizzair customer servvice that same evening, and the response received was appalling.

Wizz Air Customer review :  10 November 2013 by S Ilardo    (UK)

Donetsk- Luton. This flight will make me think twice, next time I may book with this airline. Once the boarding was completed, we started to see the captain and two engineers coming back and forward from the flight deck. One hour later, passengers were disembarked due to a technical problem. One hour later the flight was cancelled and an airport assistant said us that Wizz had no local assistance in the airport. However, she would have tried to provide assistance booking in a local room. I phoned to Wizz Air customer service, the phone call is chargable and four minutes cost me £4.82. The Wizz assistant said that I had two options, ask a ticket refund or wait until Wednesday (three days from the flight cancellation) for the next available flight. She said that there was no guarantee of a full hotel refund. I decided to take a train overnight and go to Kiev, where more flights were available. In spite the situation, Wizz Air in Kiev refused to bring me in the next flight Kiev-London available in 5 hours and asked me the full cost of Euro 200.00, which I refused to pay. The airline then replied to my refund request stating that they fall within the EU regulations for some passenger rights and under the Ukraine regulations for other things, like ticket refunds. So, I need to ask the refund to Wizz Ukraine, which I got two weeks later. The lesson learnt is that there are hidden costs which can surface when things get wrong. The entire return travel costs me Euro 285 more than planned.

Wizz Air Customer review :  6 November 2013 by O Borik    (UK)

I have travelled with Wizz Air a few times. I can remember only one flight which left and arrived on time. My last flight with them was a nightmare. Outbound flight one hour delayed. Return flight cancelled. Alternative offered was to re-book with them for a flight which left 3 days later. As I had to get back to work the next day I re- routed with a different airline. Wizz air refused to refund ticket. I will never use this airline again. They are not reliable and the last thing I need returning from a trip is to be stranded abroad for 3 days.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Jeremy Kuttner    (Israel)

Flew to Bucharest - despite reading a lot of bad reviews before our trip and being a little apprehensive, we had absolutely no problems. The flights left on time, the staff were courteous, the baggage processed quickly and without problem, and the planes clean even if a bit cramped. The best advice is to do your homework and thoroughly read all the explanations on their website regarding baggage sizes etc. so you know what to expect from a low-cost airline. Would definitely fly with them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 October 2013 by C Botfield    (UK)

Just got back from a few days in Prague. Flew Wizzair for the first time from Luton. After all the negative comments below, what a surprise. No problems getting on/off the planes with unreserved seats. Both planes newish and clean. Cabin assistants did a great job, especially with families, politely asking singles to move in order to keep late boarding families together. Only gripe is Wizzair are inconsistent with baggage sizes. Some people being asked to pay for oversize baggage others with clearly oversize bags going through. A baguette, drink and 4 bar kit-kat costs only £5 on board. Seats are a bit close but at £50 a seat, fantastic value for money. Would definitely use again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 October 2013 by R Oaten    (UK)

Flew LTN to Targu Mures (TGM} for a 5 day trip. Both flights on time and in clean aircraft. Good crew, polite and reasonably attentive. Seats rather cramped but bearable for a 2.5 hour flight. Boarding is a bit of a scrum at TGM not helped by 2 large Romanian men who seemed intent on blocking the aisle so that they could sit where they wanted. Did not use refreshment facilities. Have flown this route twice and will use Wizzair again. You need to keep checking the booking process to make sure you get what you want, not what they want you to have. Baggage allowance was ok for me although I saw a man take a rucksack on board and place it in the overhead locker. The bag was bigger than my hold baggage!

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 October 2013 by R A Green    (UK)

26th Sep 2013, London Luton to Warsaw Chopin, flight W61306 and return was W61309 on 2nd Oct 2013. I had never flown with this airline before and will never fly again. The flight out was very cramped only 2hrs so put up with the discomfort however the trip back was a complete nightmare. We booked our case in and was left with just one small case and was asked to put it in the size frame - it fitted with just the handle out, this was the same case that was checked on the trip out. The case had grown in the 5 days we were away. At the pay desk we stood in a line of customers involved in the same wizz scam.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Teixeira Vitor    (Portugal)

Budapest - Belgium - Charleroi. Normal for a low cost flight. However, and this is my main complain, Wizzair stated sizes for the free cabin baggage that were different (smaller) from any other airline in which I've traveled. In fact, when you book your flight, you have an option to add a large cabin bag for around 10€fee, but and curiously here, when you make your booking through Edreams, you aren't given the option to add the large bag. Me and my friends had to pay out at the airport 45€each for being allowed to travel with our "universal" sizes cabin bags. Shame on you Wizzair.

Wizz Air Customer review :  12 September 2013 by G Pillans    (UK)

I have flown Wizzair many times, and each time I book again only because they are generally the cheapest airline on the Luton-Warsaw route. If I could walk I would rather do that than fly with them. The seats are without a doubt the absolute worst seats of any airline I have every flown on, and I have been on a few. Occasionally I have had one of their aircraft with acceptable seat pitch but they seem to be fewer these days, and unless you are shorter than your average 9 year old you will find the legroom horrendously uncomfortable. It seems incredible to me that its actually legal to force people to sit with so little legroom. Cabin crew are not overly friendly and English is not well spoken generally. The safety announcements are almost impossible to understand in English if you are unfortunate enough to be taking your first ever flight with them. Saying all that, I have yet to be delayed on one of their flights, so can't complain about that. Just watch out for their stupid new hand baggage policy (if its larger than a postage stamp you have to buy the "large hand luggage" option - what most other airlines consider to be standard cabin luggage) and all their other fees that they try to inflict upon the unwary.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Maurizio Santagati    (Italy)

Me and my wife went from Milan (Bergamo - Orio al Serio) to Prague for a week last August, taking 2-way tickets with Wizzair. First problem: It is not true that you can add other baggage online, once you've booked online and paid for your baggage. What they declare on their website is false. We had 1 booked suitcase going to Prague and we needed to carry 2 booked suitcases to come back. We had to pay an extra 65 Euros at the airport to add 1 booked suitcase. Second problem: going to Prague the dimensions of my cabin suitcase were ok. Coming back they did not conform to the standard anymore (2 cm. higher). Will never fly Wizzair again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  10 September 2013 by C Stephenson    (UK)

This is the worst airline I have flow with, after an hours delay we were allowed to board into seats that you couldn't even put your legs straight, and had to sit for 2.5 hours with legs twisted and bent under the seat to try and get some sort of comfort. The delay was caused as explained by the pilot due to a hole found in the plane that needed patching up”- surely due to a technical fault would have done! The stewards after serving 1 drink and the usual duty free couldn't then be seen for any further drinks even though we were only half way through the flight. My advise to other travellers is pay a bit more and get a lot more.

Wizz Air Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Gabriel Mitran    (Netherlands)

September 2013. Eindhoven NL - Bucharest RO. At check-in I was told to put my hand luggage (a size accepted by all airlines as hand luggage) in the luggage sizer. I fly with that luggage once a month. Of course it did not fit so they asked me to pay another 35 euros. Onboard seats are terrible, service non existent. I am surprised there is no bathroom fee. If you have an alternative use another airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Rory Bellows    (UK)

We flew the first leg with EastJet (who are 1st class compared to Wizz!) As others have commented their hand luggage size is ridiculous and half the size of the standard UK one. Also as others have pointed out it would seem they are only interested in charging those with ridged suitcase style bags that would poke out of the top (I think the measurements were 40x40x40cm). I had a backpack on that was bigger than the size tester but was beckoned on through and not charged. One of the first of our party to get charged paid cash and was charged more than those paying by card, etc. The staff were thoroughly miserable and who can blame them when they are forced to charge 80% of passengers who can fly out of the UK with a certain size back but not back? I don't think I have ever heard so much shouting and swearing and quite frankly I don't blame them at all. Then we got on the plane and there was no surprise to find that I couldn't even get my legs in without having my knees on the top of the seat in front. Being 6'3" I'm used to uncomfortable travelling but this was just awful.

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 September 2013 by Mitran Gabriel    (Netherlands)

Flight from Dusseldorf DE to Bucharest RO. July 2012. One of my first experiences with Wizz Air. Passed luggage check-in and heading to passport control when I read the flight was delayed, no reason given. Waited for the next 4 hours in the airport with no explanation. People that had passed passport control were not allowed to come back to the area where food was served or toilets were available until we staged up a small protest. No explanation was given.

Wizz Air Customer review :  27 August 2013 by N Cooper    (UK)

3rd August Luton to Kiev, return Gdansk to Luton 12th August. Excellent flights, all on time, no issues with our luggage, read the small print and made sure we were prepared. Found FA's friendly on both legs, on flight to Kiev watched as FA's skilfully placed family together once airborne. As previously mentioned we did not have the interruptions that are experienced on Ryanair. Will be flying with them again. Luton airport is pleasant, but the boarding areas are something else, be prepared, take water, something to fan yourself and lots of patience, Wizz Air staff in the boarding areas were fine.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 August 2013 by S Rad    (UK)

London Luton to Burgas, Bulgaria. I had never heard of Wizz Air before my recent holiday. Last time I'll be flying with them. Staff were rude, I didn't know such poor services existed. They have no concept of "please" or customer service. Blank expressions, not at all friendly which you'd expect goes with the territory of air crew! Certainly all others I've come across. They made us and others pay £30 for a carry on that fitted in the small container but stuck out about 2cm at the boarding gate, when others who also had small baggage allowance were not singled out. Their small baggage size is deliberately intended to catch out people who use standard suitcases for carry on. Wizz Air actually stated that their size is different to all other airlines.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 August 2013 by S Fox    (St Maarten)

Kutaisi - Kharkiv on July 22th 2013. I have flown this airline various times, due to ease of connections in Eastern European area. I have found their staff rude in the past, but on this leg ground personal was very rude and instructed me to proof that I had purchased a ticket (they could not find me in their system) and simply sent me to an office where nobody was present. Luckily I had the reservation number with me and they admitted me to their flight without any apology for their mistake. to the contrary, I got scolded by the check-in supervisor for complaining about their service. The fact that I had bought a ticket did not automatically guarantee me to get on the flight, according to her. Apart from that, their seats are cramped and especially ground personal lacks professionalism and customer service, (uninterested impression and lack of courtesy) on all the legs I took in the past. I definitely will avoid this airline from now on.

Wizz Air Customer review :  31 July 2013 by A Kellett    (UK)

Have flown 4 times to Cluj or Targu Mures from Luton in the last two years. All flights were on time and checking in was fine. The seats are a bit tight, I am 5'11 but I have known worse. The cabin staff have always been fine if a little perfunctory. On all our flights the service was basic but reasonably efficient and cheap. Would definitely use again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 July 2013 by John D Smith    (UK)

They refused to check us in and made us buy tickets for a new flight, all because it was so crowded that their staff couldn't cope with the check in! We arrived in Luton with plenty of time to check in but we ended up standing in the queue for about an hour. 10 check in desks were open and all 10 were checking in the same 5 destinations, all leaving at the same time. Departure hall was in chaos. Lines were not moving, and there were hundreds of passengers there. Ground staff would call out a destination name and everyone would push and shove and shift forward. A staff member led us to a check in desk where she promptly turned her back on us, and we stood in the queue for another 10-15 minutes. Then told that the Skopje flight closed '8 minutes ago'. Customer services made us buy new tickets and were completely unsympathetic. They really need to sort out their check in processes. Otherwise, the cabin staff were fine. Will not be flying again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 July 2013 by D Cassius    (Netherlands)

Eindhoven to Budapest and back. Planes fairly new and flight itself once airborne uneventful on both legs. That is about the only positives. return leg delayed by 1 hour. Seats do not recline. Ground and inflight staff almost universally not the friendliest. For some reason, they tend to shout orders rather than talk to people. Very curious cabin luggage policy. Arrival to Budapest at a remote station and long walk to terminal. On departure, same walk to a pre-industrial hangar with zero amenities were you just stand and wait in line until they open the doors for the walk to the plane. Food and beverages for purchase, but did not try. All in all, not impressed.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 July 2013 by J Edwards    (UK)

Travelled relatively pain free from Luton to Budapest, no extra charges. On returning we were about to board when we were summoned by a very rude member of ground staff who informed us that our carry on cases were 2cm too tall. Despite the fact that they fitted perfectly into the case measuring contraption, and despite the fact that we'd flown out with them no trouble, she insisted that we pay 40 euro per case to take them home. We asked to speak to someone in authority and she wouldn't let us. She knew our hands were tied and there was little we could do. There was no apology, no explanation, no manners.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 July 2013 by J Warren    (UK)

LTN-OTP / TSR-LTN. LTN-OTP on new A320. However, Wizz Air urgently needs to restructure their boarding system at Luton, people were pushing and shoving and there was a lot of confusion and mis-communication as to where we were supposed to line up. I think Wizz Air would benefit from establishing a seat allocated boarding system like Easyjet, as this would put an end to the 'free for all' pushing and shoving issue. If you travel through Luton there are delays to almost every flight, there are far too many Wizz Air flights leaving and arriving at the same time and as such, this airport cannot cope with the huge surge in early morning traffic. Cabin crew were helpful as always. As usual, there is now very little seat pitch on their latest A320's, so you might want to consider paying for an extra leg room seat as there is virtually no room for your legs. TSR-LTN: Flew back to Luton on a new A320 as on outboard flight. The way boarding was handled in Timisoara was noticeably better than we experienced in Luton. Departure was on time and like before, the crew were excellent. All in all, Wizz Air is a good low cost airline, much better than the likes of Ryanair and we will definitely continue to fly with them on our future trips to Romania. It's a real shame that they have chosen London Luton Airport as their main UK base, I seriously hope that they will consider flying from Stansted Airport in future.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Jakub Zvac    (Slovakia)

BUD-VAR-BUD. Ground staff at Budapest were quite ignorant or downright rude but if everything checked out with You, You could pass them without a word. I have to say that the new cabin luggage policy is only a way to get more money out of the passengers. Once we got onto the plane it was alright. BUD-VAR was on time, the aircraft was clean and fairly new. The prices for onboard services were reasonable and I enjoyed the flight. On the way back there was a 25 minute delay and the aircraft was older with less legroom but still a nice flight. When looking for a good price for a flight always count with the larger bag and add this service when comparing prices. I would and will fly Wizzair again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Matthew Pickles    (UK)

London (Luton) to Budapest on July 3rd, 2013. We were delayed for 12 hrs in London - basically waiting at the gate. No one from Wizz was there to say sorry or even offer a free bottle of water. Eventually people from the sub contractors turned up who refused to take any ownership for the delay. The airline knew there was a problem with the plane but simply lied about it at check in, presumably to avoid any requirement to give us anything in the way of compensation. On the plane the captain made a nice speech apologising for our treatment but this did not extend to giving us so much as a free drink. Bottom line is that Wizz seems to do everything so cheaply that there is no- one to help if anything goes wrong with your flight. I would try and avoid Wizz in the future. Really not worth it unless absolutely unavoidable.

Wizz Air Customer review :  27 June 2013 by J Prust    (Germany)

HHN-TGM and return, June. Our first trip with Wizz Air and probably not our last. Flights were on time in both directions and were promptly boarded with the minimum of fuss. We found the baggage allowances adequate, and staff were not checking other than a few people who were obviously over the limit. We had paid for priority boarding which worked very well and extra legroom, although the standard legroom looked perfectly adequate. If I was travelling alone I probably wouldn't bother with either. The cabin crew were efficient and courteous. There was no hard sell as with Ryanair and some of the other low cost carriers - for that reason alone I would fly with them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 June 2013 by M Nicolescu    (Belgium)

CRL-OTP and OTP-CRL. Very good for a low cost, decent even in terms of legacy carrier standards. Their hold luggage policy is very generous - the limit is 32kg of hold luggage, which is more than any other LCC or legacy offers nowadays. Clean airplane, perfectly on time, gracious and very nice staff in Romania.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 June 2013 by C Holtschoppen    (UK)

W6 8002, London Luton - Vilnius, 24 May. Return, W6 8001, Vilnius - London Luton, 28 May 2013. I flew Wizz Air for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The crew were friendly and the plane was very clean. All in all I had a pleasant and safe flight - the only thing I would suggest is that they allocate seats to avoid the scrum. Would use them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 June 2013 by T Cassidy    (UK)

LTN-BUD. Worst experience with any airline, 7 hours delay with no explanation, all they did was give us 2 food vouchers totalling 12 euros. We were only going for a weekend break and it was 4am Saturday morning by the time we got to our Hotel. Seats were cramped and uncomfortable and judging by the other comments here watch out for their luggage size scam.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 May 2013 by E Davis    (UK)

After waiting at the departure gate at Prague airport for nearly 2 hours for a scheduled flight that had been delayed, we were given free meal tickets and told to return when called. However the call never came. We returned to the gate which had been closed and with a number of other disgruntled customers we were told by Prague airport staff that the airline had cancelled the flight, all Wizz Air representatives had gone and we would have to arrange our own way home. We were able to book a flight home with BA and the airport were able to find all customers free accommodation. I am grateful to Prague airport staff for their help, but Wizz airlines were abysmal.

Wizz Air Customer review :  20 May 2013 by J Bishop    (UK)

My wife is currently at Budapest airport with an unexplained 3.5 hr delay. They do not have not enough planes to cope with even the slightest problem, and their staff all go missing when angry punters are looking for them for explanations. When it comes to checking if your cabin bag is too big to take for free, they have lots of staff. When it works it's ok, but they are greedy and customer service stinks.

Wizz Air Customer review :  17 May 2013 by J Bluen    (USA)

My wife and I flew from Budapest to Frankfurt. Plane was on time. Everything else was poor. The flight cost was not the cheapest being about 130 for both, and having them charge you for every additional item. We were confused about the carry on requirement, and our one bag was too large, good on any other airline but a 30 expense on this airline, in addition to the earlier cost. They provide nothing in the 2 hr flight without you having to pay, no water, no peanuts, nothing unless you pay. The seating was the most cramped we have ever experienced, with some spacious seats in the middle, and you guessed it, you have to pay extra on the spot for those seats also. Overall a regrettable experience.

Wizz Air Customer review :  19 April 2013 by J Medve    (Poland)

I flew from Warsaw to Budapest and back. The ticket was cheap, less than 20 EUR for both ways. The attendants were friendly, and the flight was on time. Altogether good quality for a reasonable price, I felt no difference in quality compared to many legacy carriers.

Wizz Air Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Terri Leek    (UK)

Waited all day in departure airport with 'Delayed' message showing and no explanation. Then 'Cancelled'' appeared at 6pm and still no one from Wizz Air to explain. Eventually asked to pick up luggage and queue up at Menzies desk. After 1 hour queuing we were told by them to use our own phones to rebook if we wanted to get on next day's flight as their computer was 'down' No one there from Wizz Air to organise or apologise.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8