Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Walter James    (USA)

July 2 departure, July 7 return. OTP-CIA and CIA-OTP. I flew WizzAir for the first time in July 2014 (to/from Bucharest-Rome CIA). The ticket price was low and great value. Both aircraft's were less than 2 years old and beautiful Flights were on time. I paid $6 extra for priority boarding, which was a great value to find a good seat. I love the fact that they allow 32 kilos (about 70 lbs) and no size limit for checked baggage (cost $40). I would fly them again any day. One other thing - I like that the seats don't recline, so you don't have the seat in front of you in your face.

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 July 2014 by H Jung    (Romania)

TGM to FMM and back, flight on time (even 10-15 minutes before schedule), excellent staff, good service on board (Wizz Cafe and Wizz boutique, reasonable prices). One problem: poor ground service at FMM airport - without screen information, only speaker and a person who ran from one group to another to orientate people (there was a flight to Belgrade in the same time) - I would say this was rather primitive. I met a similar situation at Madrid Barajas terminal 1 in May 2014.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Milada Disman    (Canada)

Flew on June 14, 2014, from Naples to Prague. We flew on this date because our original flight on June 16th was cancelled and we had to re book. Our flight from Naples was 5 hours late. The seats were not allocated, so it was a scramble for seats in the economy class. Another issue is the allowed size of the luggage, basically only a small soft backpack is accepted without an additional fee. Most of the passengers were told that their luggage is either too big or two heavy. We each had to pay additional 48 Euro for a small luggage. I purchased a new small luggage just for this flight, had to pay anyway. I would never fly with this airline again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Iliev Miroslav    (UK)

LTN-SOF and back. I flew with my wife and 3 year old kid. Didn't book anything extra and we had no problem at all (No delay, no extra baggage fee). Cabin staff was pretty helpful and we could easily communicate in English. If you can handle your own online check-in and printings you don't meet any extra fee (they declare it many times when you book online).

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 May 2014 by K Blackburn-Roffey    (Austria)

The disorganisation in Luton airport was on a grand scale. Eight flights leaving with in one hour, one large checking area for all the flights, frantic customers with minutes to go before check ins closed begging to be let in to the front of the queue. Hundreds of very stress very angry people, staff trying to cope and becoming abusive, very bad.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 May 2014 by C Burden    (UK)

Have travelled with Wizz Air three times in the past 12-months from Luton to Budapest. On two occasions the flights were majorly delayed. My flight yesterday was the worst ever experienced in more than 30-years of travelling. Scheduled to leave at 20.25, it eventually left more than 12-hours later. No Wizz Air staff at the airport to provide any support or information. If at all possible, avoid this airline. I will never fly with them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 May 2014 by H Jung    (Romania)

I fly several times every year with Wizz from TGM or CLJ to different destinations (DTM, FMM, HHN, BUD, MAD, FCO, BCN). Usually I book extra legroom seats for 10-12 Euros extra and that includes priority boarding as well, it is good value for money. Never had problems with luggage, if you keep the rules (small cabin bag 42x32x25 cm for free) there is no problem. They have been almost always on time, my last flight MAD-TGM was an exception-3 hours delay. MAD airport at terminal 1 does not announce boarding calls, you must follow the displays. Wizz should have own representatives at all airports instead of paying services to the handling agents.

Wizz Air Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Mark Goldman    (UK)

The website is most user unfriendly. It has taken several attempts to actually book the flight. However trying to confirm the flight was very difficult. Unable to do it online I resorted to calling a premium rate phone line to achieve the result. At Luton airport, the check in staff neither explained, nor helped with my reserved seat. I was not informed to board by the front entrance. Eventually finding my way forward, I was informed that the first three rows of seats are reserved to those paying the 7.00! The same was the case a Budapest. The main problem with the journey was to find the pick up point for the Bus transfer form the Airport to Budapest. It is situated nearly 2 km from the Terminal.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Mark Goldman    (Israel)

During the last 3 years, I have flown with Wizz Air at least 5 times a year. At least 15 flights from Tel Aviv to different destinations. I have never experienced any problems. All the flights were exactly as scheduled, staff were polite and professional, the seats were ok for the low cost flight. In general, I think Wizz Air is an ideal low cost company, especially for those, who prefer 100% on-line handling. If one is able to schedule their flight well in advance, then the price is also unbeatable. The only complaint: I have concerns with their new rules regarding free luggage allowances.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Milossavlyevich    (Cyprus)

BEG-LCA and back. Boarding in Belgrade chaotic, taking place in a small non-refurbished gate (A8) that can't fit the number of people on an A320, even though our flight wasn't full. Passengers behavior on board appalling, same as the attitude of the stewards and FA's. The flight was like a flying bazaar Legroom is none. Takeoff and landing done in an unpleasant manner, even though the weather was fine (I'm a frequent traveler). On return, boarding at Larnaca gate 41, the one with the stairs. Many people got overcharged for hand-luggage. Crew attentive this time around and passengers well behaved. Got moved to the emergency seat for free. The pilot was a true professional, landing excellent. As you can see Wizz Air can be hit and miss. To use only if you're light on luggage and able to respect the stingent rules that could easily make your "cheap" ticket skyrocket above the price of the one of a regular airline. Until a year ago Wizz Air Serbia was still allowing free checked-in luggage, now only allowed with Wizz Air Ukraine.

Wizz Air Customer review :  20 April 2014 by J Blom    (Norway)

We took trip from Bergen to Riga. To Riga was no problems and no control on size of hand luggage. Back to Bergen was totally different in terms of control on hand luggage. Suitcase was 5 cm in height too large, costs 40 euro extra. No discussion possible. We put all our bits in a plastic bag and threw out the suitcase. No service. If you look for all extra costs for (big) suitcase it is better to book a ticket with a regular airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 April 2014 by M MCfarling    (UK)

We did not even get a Hello or Goodbye when boarding and deplaning! We were tricked into paying an extra 35 for a standard cabin bag when they claimed it was too big. Many passengers with standard cabin bags were forced to pay, they were making a fortune. When we got on the plane, were told there were no seats unless we paid extra for a long seat, I said we were not paying and were entitled to a seat, so after moaning about it we were told we could sit in the long seats for free. We were herded like sheep all over the airport. Same on return flight, no seat on plane unless we paid extra same again, suddenly they found us a seat, only someone under 5ft tall could manage in that seat, it was awful. It was all about trying to make us pay extras for food, drinks , priority boarding, bigger seats, check in baggage, there was no customer service at all.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 April 2014 by S Dimaline    (UK)

The only reason I travel with them is they are the only reasonably priced airline to fly to Kosice, otherwise I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, they make Ryanair seem pleasant. 3.5 hour delay on last flight, only explanation was delayed incoming plane, nothing else.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Marcella Kalafate    (USA)

I booked Wizz from Rome to Prague. They charged for my small rollerboard 50 Euros plus another 30.00 Euros for some hidden fee. I paid in charges more than the seat in cramped plane. Customer service was extremely rude. Never again with Wizz. I booked my way back, with Czech airlines for the same price but a world of difference.

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by T Polster    (Belgium)

LTN-WAW / BRU-BUD I increasingly use Wizzair for business trips on CEE routes. Make sure you book a reserved seat for 8 that gives priority boarding and access to 2 first rows (1st has more space then business class on most carriers) Also ensure you pay for "large" cabin bag as standard allowance is too small. Paying these small extras will make you fly like "business class" for a fraction of economy class on flag carriers and you can book last minute.

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Tom Deptula    (UK)

London to Budapest on 27th March. Our flight was more less on time (15 mins late) but I could see on the display schedule that 2 other flights that day were delayed 2-3 hours each. Standing in a long queue found out that my little personal suitcase was too big to go onboard without paying a fee of 35. On the plane total mess, no allocated seats. Personally I don't understand it as allocating the seats doesn't cost anything, so? Unless it's a part of a scam and making extra money option (choose your seat). On board staff the most useless I have seen so far. I ordered Whisky for me and Gin for my partner, got the bottles and the trolley with serving staff was gone! I had to ask for a glass to have a drink I ordered with them! I don't even want to start on the leg room. Terrible service, the worst airline! Never again!

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by F Kohoutek    (USA)

Very disappointed to be surprised by a $250 charge by Wizz Air for not printing our boarding passes. The company indicates in the fine print that you may be charged a small fee. The company didn't even have the courage to charge us! They have a third party in the airport collecting the money!

Wizz Air Customer review :  28 March 2014 by R J Oaten    (UK)

Flew LTN to Targu Mures (TGM) outbound on 21/3/2014 and return on 26/3/2014. Arrived in TGM ahead of time, return 20 mins late at LTN. Both flights in clean aircraft with fairly attentive cabin crew. No complaints whatsoever, have used them on this route three times and never a problem. You need to concentrate on the website when booking to make sure you only select what you want. The checked in baggage weight is quite generous. Seats are a bit tight but for only 3 hours I didn't find them a problem, (you can always pay for extra legroom) Would recommend.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 March 2014 by E Dudszus    (Ukraine)

Generally speaking I can say that the airplanes are quite good and clean, traveling from Donetsk to Germany (Memmingen, Dortmund) was cheap and easy. Why they cancelled the flights from and to Donetsk from Memmingen, I don't have a clue. This is very bad, but until now I could only recommend the airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Costello    (Australia)

My wife and I flew from Budapest to Madrid on 23 Mar. We lined up for around an hour before even being able to enter the queue. We were then directed to one line where we waited for around 30 mins before being told that we would have to pay 30 euro each as we had not checked in online. The unapologetic server then directed us to line up in the other line. Just as we reached the front again, the bomb squad found an abandoned bag so we were moved out of the queue (about an hour later). Once resolved we again lined up and finally checked in. Talk about making easy things hard. Throughout the staff were unhelpful and rude - probably comes with having to deal with irate passengers daily. After the Melee finally boarded the plane the flight was okay. No entertainment, warm beers for 3 euro and no leg room, you expect that with the budgets but the service is very poor. Never again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by V Kaye    (UK)

17 March 2014. Flight W62202 Luton to Budapest. I knew nothing about Wizz but was really pleasantly surprised! Crew really efficient and friendly. Seats comfortable and cabin looked very clean. Really could not fault the whole flight. I would certainly fly Wizz again and recommend it.

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Obed Broersma    (Netherlands)

Flight back from Budapest to Eindhoven. Bomb squad was busy so we had to wait for 45 minutes. Once the hall was cleared total chaos at check-in, one lady was shouting around like she was managing cattle. My travel partner and I decide to grab some coffee as we were instructed in bad English to wait as other flights had priority, this was 5.30 am! Once the queue dissolved we walked over to the check in and were told check in is closed and it was our problem, as far as I'm concerned that was the last flight with Wizz.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Tim Poole    (UK)

W63702 and 3701, 5th Feb to 12th Feb 2014. I travel every two months to Romania, taking Wizzair flights from Luton to Targu Mures. The flights are cheap, especially if you join their Wizzair Club, the staff are for the most part friendly and helpful, although the flight staff are not always too easy to understand when using English. The seats are fairly cramped, but for 2.5 hours this is not a great problem, the luggage allowances need to be clearly studied, but an allowance of 32kilos for hold luggage is generous. Hand luggage can therefore be quite minimal. It is always best to eat and drink before the flight, as in-flight refreshments seem to be one of the ways the airline makes up for their cheap flights. Arrival and departure times are normally very close to target. My only real complaint is the long wait always experienced at the Luton departure gate, always having to stand, while the plane is being prepared. Why not call us when they are ready to take us on board? Using the airline at least 6 times a year I am happy to continue doing so.

Wizz Air Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Imbert Thibault    (Spain)

My friend and I flew from Madrid to Budapest return. Flight from Madrid to Budapest was delayed and incredibly noisy. Return was a nightmare: the luggage which was OK was now too big. We had to pay a 45 EUR extra-fee, like more of the half of the passengers. It is clear that the size of accepted luggage was deliberately chose to make people pay the extra-fee. Moreover staff was scornful, treating us with disdain. First trip with them, probably the last one.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8