Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WIZZ AIR customer review :  31 July 2011 by N Gagnebin (France)

Paris Bauvais to Timisoara. I didn't book for some luggage and when I confirmed my flight, I couldn't add on their website some other things such as buying baggage, only to call them at expensive number. I decided to squeeze things in my bag and not purchase any luggage for the flight. This time, WizzAir at airport in Paris Beauvais put a special box before customs and each passenger has to fit its hand luggage in the box. The box is smaller than the one that can be found for Easyjet or Ryanair. The plane was clean, crew doing its job. Not unpleasant and not fantastic neither.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  14 July 2011 by John Paul (UK)

Cork-Vilnius. Boarded last, purchasing extra leg room is a good offer and really a must if you are tall or large (or both). Plane was full. Nice, youthful crew, clean vessel and no thrills service. Good value if you book ahead of time, and travel light. Overall very pleased.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  12 July 2011 by Kennet Fischer (Denmark)

AAR-GDA and return in July. Nice, clean and relatively new airplane. 2hrs late arriving in AAR but was only 1.5 hrs late when arriving in GDA. Reason was technical fault on the plane, which we were informed about. Cheap flight and we got from A to B.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  7 June 2011 by Steve Cape (UK)

Main problem is their website. I often have problems trying to check-in. The first time also had problems with website changing title from Mrs to Mr which meant I had to call the premium rate line to get it fixed (which they did without fuss). So you need to budget for an hour or two of your time plus a five minute call to a premium rate number into the total cost. Then you may find its more cost effective to pay a higher price with another airline or just pay their airport check-in fee. In short, a reasonable alternative to Ryanair but Easyjet is better at twice the price (if they serve your route).

WIZZ AIR customer review :  6 June 2011 by A Kleinzahler (UK)

Luton-Warsaw-Luton. I printed my boarding passes (2 pages) from the online site and did not have any bags to check-in. The planes were bright. Cabin crew friendly. Leaving the plane at Warsaw delayed because it seemed impossible to find steps that would reach to the right height of the aircraft door. Same problem on return leg. On the outward flight seat pitch was comfortable, but on the return seat pitch was very cramped and uncomfortable. Luckily the plane was not full and no-one sat in the middle seat of my row, but this is not ideal for a long flight. I used their minibus service from Warsaw airport to the city. As we arrived late at night and with a delay, I was pleased the bus had waited. Driver friendly, but drove like a maniac down long straight roads with little traffic from the airport and through a few red lights. Overall good service, but would hesitate to use Wizz again because of the seat-pitch being so small.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  5 June 2011 by L Lepola (Finland)

Wizz cancelled our flight, just like that. Got the full refund after two attempts. They also charge for everything possible : baggage, card payment.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  5 June 2011 by S Bunting (UK)

We have flown Wizz Air many times as we have property in Romania and they are great. My mother is disabled and was lifted on the plane at Luton and helped at other end at Tirgu Mures Airport. The stewards were excellent, for the money it was excellent. We love the new route to Tirgu Mures as it is a central location.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  31 May 2011 by Debbie Lee (UK)

Luton-Bucharest. My problem is with the Luton Wizz Air staff who were terrible. They were rude to everyone checking in that evening and then managed to lose our luggage and we realised why when we looked at our luggage receipts and they had put bags under completely different passenger names. Staff at Bucharest (not employed by Wizz) were polite and helpful but only managed to get our bags to us the evening before we flew back to Luton. Wizz air appears to have no customer services-only very expensive tel numbers with staff as useless as those at Luton.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  18 May 2011 by T Arnold (UK)

Luton to Budapest. Flight supposed to be 2025, got to gate to embark and they called a 2 hour delay as problem with plane. Estimated time for flight in the end was 11.00am the next day, and I doubt whether that happened. Myself and a lot of others decided not to fly and it took over an hour to get our bags back off plane. Decided to book with easyjet. I lost 1nights accommodation, 1 taxi transfer and too tired to do anything as by the time I arrived in Budapest just wanted to sleep, so wasted day. Airport staff at Menzies were unhelpful (police were even called as a lot or irate people). Tiny prices but pathetic service, will never fly Wizz Air again.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  18 May 2011 by John Nicholson (UK)

Luton to Budapest and back. Everything went to plan, seats comfortable, and thought it was very good value.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  11 May 2011 by Borislav Panchev (Bulgaria)

Flight from Bergamo Italy on 6 May was cancelled. I learnt about this when I arrived on the airport 2 hours before the flight - no sms, no call, no warning from Wizz. Then they made me wait on a queue for 1:30hrs to tell me that I have to wait 3 days for the next flight, or just buy a ticket for tomorrow from RyanAir, which will not be reimbursed. WizzAir personnel didn't know nothing and just pointed the passengers to the ticket desk. They said the reason for cancellation was airport officials were having a strike, but all the other airlines were flying and there wasn't a single cancellation besides Wizz. My guess is that because the passengers for my flight were around 30 people - they decided to just cancel it. Otherwise I don't see any reasonable explanation. Exercise strong caution!

WIZZ AIR customer review :  9 May 2011 by J Henson (UK)

Luton-Prague. The ticket was much cheaper than competition on this route. Most problems with this trip related to Luton Airport and not the airline. Boarding slightly delayed due to a engineering inspection but kept well informed. Food and drinks offered onboard and crew appeared polite and efficient. Bags on the belt as I left passport control.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  3 May 2011 by K Dugard (UK)

On the outbound flight to Kiev - no card machine working so payment in cash only for any drinks etc on the flight. Inbound flight from Kiev they just happened to have the same problem, but, Wizz Air Ukraine cannot accept Ukrainian currency on their flights, so we had to go without food or drink for the whole 3 hour flight. Add to that the fact that the bags are free on Wizz Air Ukraine, so, didn't pay for them or book them the bags online. No problem on the way out, but, on the way back, refused to take the bags until I paid them 692 Hrvnia. Don't use them unless you don't eat, drink or need to take luggage with you.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  27 April 2011 by Olena Semenova (Ukraine)

I wouldn't advise to ever buy their Wizz Air Exclusive membership - it is cheating. I was silly enough to buy it and now cannot find any flight with this "exclusive" discount. The discounts simply disappeared from the flights where they used to be a couple of weeks ago when Wizz Air was actively promoting this service.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  26 April 2011 by A Rutkauskaite (Belgium)

The flight from Eindhoven was late one hour. For flight from Vilnius they were very strict for luggage and service was rude. I would not recommend. Of course, it is cheap, but there are other cheap airlines, so why bother.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  19 April 2011 by Yevheniy Kahanovych (Ukraine)

My two short hops (IEV-SIP-IEV) on time and trouble free. Remarkably good crews, tidy planes, good seats, but pitch tight. I didn't buy their snacks and drinks (rip off prices!). I realize that if something goes wrong, low-cost would be take it or leave it, but in my case I've got a good value for money. Airport handling in Zhulyany was really low cost experience, but all worked and didn't cause any problem. Fight for seats didn't look great, but wasn't so bad.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  15 April 2011 by R Doe (Netherlands)

I have been travelling with Wizz Air twice so far, and I was very satisfied. The condition of planes is excellent, and it is cheap if you book at the right time.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  15 April 2011 by Antonio Tettamanzy (Brazil)

London Luton to Budapest. Seats confortable and soft, although leg room is tight. Cabin crew was kind and dealt extremely well with medical emergency. Flight was slightly delayed but reached destination and my bags were on it, so no complains.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  11 April 2011 by Martin Kay (UK)

Basically its a no frills airline and you get what you pay for. Booking early can give great prices. They have introduced fare discounts for holders of discount cards which cost £8.50. Plus side is new aircraft, and generally good cabin crew. Downside is high prices for food and drink onboard. Airport shuttle transfers are good - usually 5-6 euro. Standard 32/10kg baggage is a plus for those needing it. I noticed the comments about legroom - they will usually tell that the seats in the middle by the exit doors have been reserved - I have seen this a few times, so try and board last or wait till you hear the announcement boarding complete, then simply move there. I have done this twice.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  4 April 2011 by H Birkbeck (UK)

London Luton to Belgrade return. Nice relatively new aircraft; punctual on both flights, I welcome the absence of reclining seats as these can inconvenience the person sitting behind. My only criticism is that is that it is not possible to book allocated seats. This results in a free for all at the aircraft.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  1 April 2011 by A Coogans (UK)

LTN-KBP. Wizzair's seats are very soft and wide, but the legroom is extremely tight and it would be much more pleasant if the passenger in front could not recline their seat back, further restricting your legroom. Other than that the cabin crew (all Polish) were smiling, well groomed and acted with professionalism throughout the flight. The flight took off and landed on time with no issues at all. Wizzair have an "Extra Legroom" option available for a surcharge, I think I will take advantage of this next time I am on a 3 hour flight with them. On a shorter sector I don't mind. For the price though, they offer excellent value for money.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  17 March 2011 by M Ghilezan (USA)

Flight from Bergamo-Cluj delayed 5.5 hours because of technical issues. Was given a McDonald food voucher for snack and drink but told in the departure area that it was only accepted on a different floor, before passing the security check. Checked-in online but website was so slow, the connection was timing out so I had to pay 10 euros for a piece of printed paper at the airport that was trashed when I was given another boarding pass. Seats are cramped and not reclining. Unless broke, get a decent carrier. The price of tickets is cheap indeed but everything else is a rip-off.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  9 March 2011 by Jukka-Pekka Mäkinen (Finland)

Turku-Budapest return flight, flight was on time, drinks on the plane affordable, seat is comfortable but you cannot recline, crew nice with not perfect but good english, bags not too late after landing. Price was good, bag costs some 10-20EUR per check in other than that the flight was all together like 60EUR.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  13 February 2011 by C Whitworth (Poland)

I booked Katowice-Doncaster. The flight was delayed from 1940 to 0900 the following day. We were left in the departure lounge with no access to hot drinks or food during this time. A hotel was offered at 0200 but with no guarantees of when we would return to the airport and requiring us to reclaim bags etc. Information in English was almost totally impossible to find. The airline staff at the airport were mostly invisible and when present handled this totally unprofessionally. We were given a certificate by GTL Lot to prove the flight delay. I complained and received an email promising to deal with it. A month later nothing. A further email got a reply "fill in our form" - I had! The staff are obviously incompetent and poorly trained.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  7 January 2011 by L Frederic (Germany)

HHN-KTW-HHN. Very low fare (30 EUR return), payment a little complicated if you want to wire (cheaper than credit card). HHN-KTW slightly delayed, airplane and seat pitch acceptable for a low cost carrier, buy on board affordable). KTW-HHN operating while major carriers had flights cancelled due to snow. Boarding punctual, departed 1 hour late due to air traffic restrictions. Would use them again. Much better than Ryanair.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  24 December 2010 by Dragica Carlin (UK)

My flight from London Luton to Zagreb had been cancelled twice : first time they had no fresh cabin crew and the second time because they did not have a plane for rebooked flights. There was no communication between airline and the airport staff until the very last moment of flight cancellations. If I have known after the first cancellation that the Wizz wasn't able to cope with cancellations backlog, I'd not have rebooked my flight with them, I'd used alternative routes. They have no consideration or care to their passengers and I have no wish to use them again or recommend them to anyone.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  22 December 2010 by Robin Hill (UK)

Cramped, late and surly, but cheap. However, God help you if you need extra luggage or need to discuss anything - offices never open, phones lines are £0.75 per minute - and play music to you for the first 15 minutes. Overall, not a money saver and makes you feel like cattle.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  18 December 2010 by A Briggs (UK)

We pre-booked a transfer through Wizz Air for when we flew Luton - Cluj. We waited an hour for our taxi and decided to phone to ask where it was only to be told that they had picked someone else up and no, they weren't going to send anyone out to get us, no they weren't going to refun the money and that in fact it was all our fault! We had to pay for another taxi to take us to our hotel which was half the cost we had already paid through Wizz Air. I tried to claim the money back from Wizz Air, I have written 2 emails and 6 weeks later I am still awaiting a response. Think twice before using!!

WIZZ AIR customer review :  5 December 2010 by M Tozer (UK)

Luton - Prague - Luton. Snowy weather and two excellent journeys. Delayed return flight due to poor conditions and given vouchers to be used for refreshments at Prague airport - only 2 hrs delay so quite impressive. Efficient check ins and polite, helpful staff on both journeys.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  23 November 2010 by Chris Roberts (Poland)

FCO-WAW nice new A320, flight on time. Check in assistants shouting at several others - manager doing the same. It was so bad it almost seemed unreal. Meanwhile seats packed tightly together - not comfortable. Avoid flying with Wizz from this airport.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  17 November 2010 by Michael Evans (UK)

Luton-Prague-Luton. Poor service, rude cabin crew, refused to collect rubbish. Flight Deck Crew spent more time in passenger compartment chatting up cabin staff than flight duties. Ripped seats, drunken football fans not dealt with at all. Priority boarding at Prague end ignored by ground staff. Toilets dirty.

WIZZ AIR customer review :  16 November 2010 by J Balogh (UK)

Budapest to London with A320, almost 7 hrs delayed. They said due to weather conditions, but it wasn't true. We were told at the check-in desk that all Wizz planes were delayed that day, so they had to wait for each other, no staff etc. Anyway, we got some vouchers to buy some food in Ferihegy. On the plane the legroom between the seats is very tight, AC ran too cold. The crew was friendly and helpful.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8