PAGE loading ... please wait!

WindJet  Customer Reviews and WindJet Passenger Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Windjet Review

Windjet Unclassified Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Windjet
5.7 out of 10  5.7 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

WindJet customer review :  31 August 2012 by D Waterman   (USA)

Our WindJet flight was cancelled without warning. We were not sent an email that the flight was cancelled. We found out after we arrived at Catania Airport to check in for the 12.00pm flight to Venice. At the airport we were told the next Windjet flight to our destination was at 9.00pm but there was no guarantee that flight wouldn't be cancelled as well. We were give a form to fill out for a refund which we completed, we have received no response and have sent three more emails all to no avail.

WindJet customer review :  5 March 2011 by Vivienne Ballico   (UK)

They are not good at refunding fares for cancelled flights. My Windjet flight Gatwick to Forli was cancelled due to the snow in December and although Windjet supplied me with a refund application form, I've not heard anything back from them. I faxed the form, posted the form, even emailed back the form - still nothing. Surprisingly they have now stopped flying to Gatwick and concentrating more on the more lucrative Eastern European routes.

WindJet customer review :  18 October 2010 by Vivienne Ballico   (UK)

Forli to Gatwick several times this year and found them excellent! After flying Ryanair to Forli (prior to Ryanair terminating the contract with the airport) WindJet are a God send. They welcome you on board, serve you a snack and leave you alone. Unlike Ryanair they don't bombard you with announcements selling scratchcards, bus or rail tickets, and a stupid fanfare informing passengers that they've landed 20 minutes in advance. This only happens because Ryanair lie about the flight duration in the first place! Finally, the cabin crew English on WindJet is better than the crew from Ryanair.

WindJet customer review :  14 May 2010 by Sergio Tornello   (Italy)

Verona - Catania A320. The flight was on time. No drinks during the flight, but not bad for a low-cost company.

WindJet customer review :  10 February 2010 by A Fillip   (USA)

Catania -Turin early morning, kind of old plane but on time and with a very polite crew. Feels average low cost carrier, good price, no frills but good compromise.

WINDJET customer review : 24 December 2009 by Jeff Brandon

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

This a no frills airline with low fares, poor customer service and no on time schedules. Use only if not connecting to another flight and you have 3 or more hours to wait from the published schedule. Never fly to / from Palermo and expect to be on time. They suffer perhaps management problems who obviously care little for the flying public's experience with Wind Jet. Alitalia has greatly improved in customer service and is worth paying there price for a great flying experience.

WINDJET customer review : 1 March 2009 : by Sam Carbone

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

First experience with Windjet in 2006 Catania to Rome to connect with flight back to Australia. very old and poorly maintained aircraft. A number of seats all broken in the one area. Delay of more than 4 hours caused us to miss our flight to Australia. Staff appeared to have far more important things to worry about than our dilema. Second experience Feb 2009 booked return flights Rome to Catania. Unable to fly due to doctors orders, so attempted to communicate with Windjet by phone to their office in Catania. They gave me a little information however as I started to ask more questions about our refund entitlement and I told them I was ringing from Australia, they simply hung up the phone! Rang them back immediately. As soon as the (same) person recognized me on the phone, once again hung up. Tried to ring them a number of times thereafter, each time, they would hang up. This would be understandable if I had been rude or abusive. I was neither - I just wanted to know what refunds we are entitled to when the cancellation was due to medical reasons. Will not fly with Windjet again.

WINDJET customer review : 1 August 2008 : by Christoffer Madsen

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

LIN-PMO on A320. We flew 2 people on the same reservation and thus had a 30 kg luggage limit. We had 2 suitcases, one weighing 17 kg and the other 11, but the woman at the check in would not let us check in anything weighing more than 15 kg (and frankly, this is also in accordance with the terms and conditions of the carrier), so we had to sort that out in front of a long line of people waiting. I don't see the point though, in the end we still had 28 kgs and had not exceeded our limit. Onboard the seat pitch was incredibly tight and the aircraft seemed rather old. Temperature was high and not all seats had personal airconditoner. We paid around 85€ each for the ticket. Reasonable price for a southbound flight in the end of July, and it pretty much reflected the general service, but overall I was not impressed with this airline, and I will avoid them in the future.

WindJet customer review by Francisco Ascaso

27 May 2008   Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

This airline is for day trips and short hops. I would not recommend it for connections with other flights, or any place where you expect to carry more than one bag. It is cheap compared to Alitalia (which can be shocking in price sometimes for some rather short flights.) For the price, the service was as expected, and I'd fly them again, but I would not recommend them to finicky fliers, strictly a no frills operation.

WindJet customer review by Matteo Canavero

8 April 2008   Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

Turin to Catania and back, operated by A320. I am satisfied by this airline, you can save a lot of money, obviously you have to renounce the on board service; however the flight assistant are kind and smiling. The pitch of seats is acceptable. To conclude Windjet is basic but very professional and confortable airline.

WindJet customer review by Dorothy Plezia

31 May 2007   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

This is not an airline an international passenger would want to connect to for they have a limit of one bag (33lbs US). We were on an international flight so we each had two bags. We kept them at 33 lbs for we knew the weight limit beforehand but did not find anywhere on their website that the limit was 1 bag each. We were charged extra. I will say that the gate agent in Rome took pity on us nad only charged us 30 euro instead of the 80 required. After some discussion in Palermo, the agent relented and only charged us 30 euro back to Rome. Other airlines flying to Palermo may not charge for extra baggage so check them out first if you have more than one bag. Windjet flew A319 (similar to Southwest Airlines). Very comfortable, left on time, personnel was friendly. Other than bag restriction, I would fly Windjet again. Price of ticket was very good.

WindJet customer review by D Block

24 March 2007   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Good Service Verona VRN - Moscow DME. 30 minutes delay, saved lots of money compared to economy ticket on regular carrier and did not have to change flights in Vienna. Fruit Juice, or soft drinks and modest meal included. Boarding passes issued with seat so there is not the mad rush for seats as with Ryan air. Airbus is old makes some noise but did not fall out of the sky.

WindJet review by Don Roberts

11 December 2006

Verona to Palermo and back - both flights on time and some of the best I have had during many years of travel. Food and drink available at reasonable prices and no thrills service what I expected from a budget airline -the punctuality and comfortable aircraft was an unexpected bonus. Would not hesitate to use again.

WindJet review by Karin Little

4 January 2006

Absolutely appalling! Arrived back from Catania into Gatwick early hours of this morning. We were supposed to have flown yesterday at 3pm only to arrive for check-in and be told it would be 4pm. Queued for over 90minutes at check-in to be told Windjet don't even fly to London!! Nobody seemed to know anything and kept passing the buck. At one stage we were assigned a plane and things looked hopeful, then a few minutes later it was used for a flight to Milan which was scheduled so much later than ours. Having watched the flight board avidly for so many hours it was apparent that all the Windjet flights were delayed by at least 60 minutes. Following a barrage of complaints about the delays and non communicative approach by staff, passengers were offered a paltry panini and a drink. In the end we took off at 9pm - 6hrs Late!! Due to arriving past midnight I was unable to meet my two young children as arranged and my friend who was caring for them had to cancel a planned trip which was supposed to have taken place today. I will certainly not be using this company again.

WindJet review by Marco De Rossi

4 August 2005

Venice to Catania and back. The Venice-Catania flight was delayed 7 hours! Airline offered lunch (toast and a drink). Waited ages for our baggage in Catania. Return flight was 5 hours late! again offered dinner (toast and a drink). Never had an explanation from anyone except that the incoming plane was late. Never again will I fly Windjet

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

WindJet Reviews and WindJet Passenger Opinions about WindJet product and WindJet service standards