Widerøe Passenger Reviews and Widerøe Customer Trip Reports

Add your Review

WIDEROE Customer review :  22 April 2014 by C Rainbow    (Ireland)

I travelled with Wideroe from Bergen airport in Norway to Aberdeen on 16th April 2014. The check-in is managed by SAS and was very swift and efficient. The check-in staff were very pleasant and welcoming and made small talk which was a nice start to my journey. Wideroe use a Dash aircraft on this relatively short flight across the North Sea to Scotland. The gate staff were very efficient and this was more than matched by 2 superb cabin crew members who worked very hard and offered tea and coffee and a small snack in the form of a muffin. The seats were very comfortable. The downside for me is that my seat appeared to have been changed from the seat I had picked online. I ended up next to the engines and as a result I could not see much. The interior of the aircraft was spotlessly clean and good information was given during the flight. I will certainly consider using this airline again in the future.

WIDEROE review :  30 October 2008 : by X Marcucci

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

Bodoe-Bergen with Dash, very good staff - friendly and polite, crossed the south Norwegian mountains, landscape and take off perfect just quite noisy with this kind of aircraft.

WIDEROE review :  18 September 2008 : by Graeme Giles

Customer Rating : n/a

0 Star Rating

Aberdeen to Bergen/Bergen Aberdeen. Dash 8-300 Bang on time both ways, excellent flight attendants on both flights - polite and (especially return leg) very friendly. In flight mags pretty dog-eared, otherwise absolutely no complaints. Perhaps they will use the Q-400 in future to reduce the journey time.

Widerøe - by Wiktor Karpowicz

28 August 2007

Stokmarknes to Tromsø on Dash 8-100. My flight (40 min) was a part of a seven-leg evening journey from Bodø to Vadsø, in bad weather conditions. Aircraft arrived to Stokmarknes already with 40-minute delay. The only flight attendant was absolutely the frendliest one I've ever met - her smile and attitude made everybody forget about the delay. Pilots excused for the delay twice. As warm mineral water was inaccessible in the trolley, FA gave me her own. To sum up: very cosy atmosphere on board. Widerøe is the only significant regional carrier in Norway, but does its best to satisfy passengers.

Widerøe - by Michael Rapp

10 October 2006

Tromsø to Kirkenes via Vadsø and Vardø was a funny experience. Dash 8-100 with 37 seats was occupied with 24 passengers for the first leg. Flight attendant was very charming and smiling at every passenger while announcing and demonstrating the security equipment (well, on this plane there was no place for her to hide). Short after take off, she prepared her little trolley in front of the cabin and then started the "food for purchase" service as usual on Widerøe. Bought a reindeer (!) sandwich and a coke which was an adquate snack. 20 of the passengers left in Vadsø and we had a 30 min stop. Before we continued, we were asked if we would like to see the security information once again. Nobody had a need for this and so we departed. The 15 min hop to Vardø was beautiful because we did fly just a some hundred foot above the ground and the sights were spectacular. The other three passengers left the aircraft in Vardø and another passenger joined us. So we were two for the hop to Kirkenes and we got a very personal security briefing which was different from the usual standard phrases. "Don't get shocked if it seems that the life vest strangulates you. That's because you should not slip out". Hop to Kirkenes was 20 min and the farewell was the most personal I ever received on an air trip.

Widerøe - by Jim Aboen

18 March 2006

Don't understand the comment below , cause on international flights wideroe use 2 or 3 year old planes, dash 8 Q 400. Wideroes oldest planes are used in domestic flights, and was delivered in 1994-98. wideroe is not a low-cost airline, but the service is very good. but would be nice with free beverages and meals, but this disappeared when SAS bought the company. Traveled from Copenhagen to Torp, but because of fog and missing cabincrew (caused by the fog) the plane was 2 hours late, but so were all other planes too. While waiting, Wideroe gave a coupon worth 10$ to every passenger to be used for food,drink or snack in the airports shops.

Widerøe - by Eric Bateman

1 April 2005

Air Wideroe from CPH to Torp to Stavanger. Bit of a long trek on a slightly ageing Dash turboprop aircraft. No food or drink unless you buy it but friendly enough. Not sure that this is the way to travel for a long flight but Ok for short hops.

Add your Review