WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  26 February 2013 by D Amos    (Canada)

Flew a short return hop to/from Saskatoon and Calgary for business. Outgoing flight was 45 mins late boarding and then 30 mins late on tarmac, from the time I left my house to arriving at my hotel was 7 hours. Return flight was also over 30 mins late. I will use a different airline next time for sure!

WestJet Customer review :  20 February 2013 by L Giantomaso    (Canada)

Terrible experience today. Missed a connection from Kona due to a "mechanical issue" that was actually not an issue. Then had to be driven from Vancouver airport to Abbotsford with 100 other similarly inconvenienced people. 7 hours late, and this is not the worst experience I've had with this formerly good airline this year. Made passengers pay $17 for entertainment "Tablet computer" because plane had not been upgraded with the live TV's - which are a major part of their advertising campaign.

WestJet Customer review :  15 February 2013 by R Bruce    (Canada)

We fly WestJet once a year to Florida and have always been quite happy with the level of service both at the desks and on the planes. Recently flew from Moncton to Toronto on a business trip was equally pleased. Staff are friendly, planes are clean and prices are reasonable when comparing with other airlines.

WestJet Customer review :  14 February 2013 by Natalie Tutching    (Canada)

A few days ago Toronto was hit with a massive storm and all flights into Pearson had been cancelled. Westjets customer service and the way they handled the situation was excellent. They put all passengers up in a hotel for the night, provided taxis and even passed out food vouchers. As this was a weather circumstance this was not expected. Fantastic service.

WestJet Customer review :  14 February 2013 by N Alexander    (Canada)

Vancouver to Ottawa via Toronto. Late departure but we made up the flying time. I flew in from Asia on business class and had a bit of a shock sliding into my rather small seat with the 3 seats full - but as the red eye flight was not full was able to move forward and had more space - a 4 hour flight in that tight space of 3 is a bit much. Plane looked a bit tired - needs a spruce up. Price was right though. I forgot how small the TV screens are and limited movie choices. Free snacks were nice and cabin service good. Looking forward to economy plus seating in the future.

WestJet Customer review :  7 February 2013 by J Cabrio    (Canada)

Flights from Calgary, AB to Hamilton, ON are always on time. Seats are comfortable and TV is a plus. Snacks are OK. Staff are quick and cheerful. No complaints!

WestJet Customer review :  6 February 2013 by Allan Chad    (Canada)

I really want to be a WestJet fan but it's just getting harder and harder. Their in-flight entertainment was a great idea for a small regional carrier, but does not work that far away from Canada. All staff used to be very well trained and knowledgeable. We were recently asked to re-pack because 2 of our cases where 1 pound overweight. I forethought I should have insisted to just pay the overage and had them do the paperwork. My daughter likes the soup they serve, but there's about a 50% chance they will run out. Prices have risen as well as service charges. Aside from a couple, most of the staff have great attitudes and that is refreshing, but really it seems as though that about all the have left going for them anymore.

WestJet Customer review :  4 February 2013 by L Ros    (Canada)

Flying constantly from Regina to Vancouver, I have never had any problems. I make that flight maybe every 5 weeks or so and I have yet to be disappointed. My last flight was from Chicago into Calgary and even at my lowest moment when I thought I was going to miss my flight, the WestJet agents were so helpful that I made it to my flight with time remaining still.

WestJet Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Sam McCollum    (Canada)

I was scheduled on a flight from Abbotsford, BC to Cagary, AB. When we got to the Abbotsford airport we were informed that all planes had been grounded since last night. My flight was scheduled for 5 am and the next possible flight was at 6pm in the evening. I was going to lose one day of a weekend with my son. Westjet staff offered to get me on a flight leaving from Vancouver that morning and then arranging a taxi at their expense to get me to the Vancouver airport on time. I only lost 2 hrs of time. I am very impressed.

WestJet Customer review :  1 February 2013 by L Betke    (Canada)

Flight from Lihue to Vancouver - 5.5 hour overnight flight. Lots and lots of small children (including ours) but no inflight entertainment! No mention if you could rent anything, but lots of raggedy magazines available - not a great diversion for an over tired 2 year old.

WestJet Customer review :  31 January 2013 by M Diab    (Canada)

Round trip to Las Vegas from Edmonton. I was very surprised how neglected the cabin was. The seats were not clean, the seat pockets not clean, dirt on carpet, bathroom not clean. Also my friend sat on a broken seat making noise the whole flight. It is really sad as we loved to travel with Westjet in the past and now it has changed.

WestJet Customer review :  17 January 2013 by M Vos    (Canada)

Short flight from Toronto to Ottawa and back. Outbound flight departed 15 mins late on a Boeing 737-600. Very clean, comfortable seats with ample legroom. Cabin staff were friendly, attentive, and offered all guests a complimentary glass (of your choice) Beer, Wine, Juice, or soft drink along with either cookies or crackers. Flight was quick, landed in Ottawa 10 mins early. Inbound leg was a bit more difficult. Had to fly back a day early. Arrived at Ottawa airport and went to the WestJet Counter to change the date on my ticket. Agent was very helpful. She waived the 'Change of Itinerary' fee of $50. Had to pay $42 difference in the fare, which wasn't a bad trade off. B737-700 on the way back. Flight left on-time, arrived in Toronto 5 mins late due to traffic congestion. Again, staff were excellent and the complimentary service was greatly appreciated.

WestJet Customer review :  10 January 2013 by Sharron Gunn    (Canada)

Staff are the helpful and friendly. The price we paid was very reasonable and we also liked the idea of a direct flight out of Victoria. Our only difficulty was requesting a Washington chair. We got to the ticket counter at the airport and asked if the request was in the computer and were assured it was. We went upstairs to the departure gate and it was no where to be found. Somehow the request was lost between the check-in counter and the departure gate. The person in charge at the gate desk couldn't find the chair. We had to wait, but finally someone brought a chair and we got on last.

WestJet Customer review :  10 January 2013 by William G Maki    (Canada)

We have to use Westjet to get out of Kamloops most times, they are always late, whether you are flying to Calgary or coming in from Calgary. I am waiting for my wife to arrive from Calgary and she was supposed to land at 7.53 pm. She is now scheduled to arrive at 9.55 pm if she makes it at all. The weather has now turned bad so I expect to hear that they will not be able to land. This is a common everyday occurrence and I am sick of it.

WestJet Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Kristin Heppner    (Canada)

Flew from Saskatoon to Orlando this month. Every flight left a minimum of 30 minutes late! Was given the wrong gate number on my boarding pass and almost missed my connection on the way home because of it. But in this instance the flight leaving late yet again worked in my favor so that I wasn't stuck in the airport overnight. Boarding process is kind of a free for all. Other airlines will allow boarding from the back of the plane forward so as not to cause all the passengers to try to board at once. Very disappointed in WestJet and I will be looking at different/more reliable airlines from now on.

WestJet Customer review :  30 December 2012 by Andrew Horner    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto YYZ to Vancouver YVR return. Staff were friendly but the entertainment system was a nightmare, the same movies both ways and not many choices. Whenever I moved my TV up or down it would go black. The screens are tiny. They didn't seem to notify me that snacks were coming and just passed me by. I will choose Air Canada next time.

WestJet Customer review :  23 December 2012 by Jim Cathcart    (Canada)

On Dec 19 our flight from Phoenix was weather delayed for 2 hours, this resulted in missing our connection in Calgary to Comox. No seats available to Comox until Dec 28. By the time we landed in Calgary WJ had booked us to Kelowana that night, and to Victoria the next night. They covered us for all meals, hotel and taxis. We arrived home 30 hours late but they got us here. They made the best of a bad situation and I consider it excellent service.

WestJet Customer review :  20 December 2012 by S Diaz    (Canada)

Our flight from Las Vegas to Edmonton was delayed several hours. No explanation given to us. The seats were quite average/uncomfortable. The entertainment system at my seat didn't work for the entire flight. However, crew members were very nice. Not sure why the delay happens this often.

WestJet Customer review :  19 December 2012 by M Burke    (Canada)

I was flying WJ144 from Fort Mac to Edmonton on a weekly basis. I chose this flight because it suited my schedule, but I can say that this flight has been anything but convenient. It has been late ever single time. I was told that this flight originates in Saskatoon and stops in Calgary and Edmonton before it gets to Fort Mac; and the delay increases at every stop. I would not recommend this flight to anyone.

WestJet Customer review :  13 December 2012 by M Lynch    (Canada)

Calgary to Cancun. Check in was quick. All staff we encountered on the ground and in the air were friendly and helpful. Plane took off a little late, but we landed in Cancun 5 min early. We didn't purchase any snacks on board, only water and ate complimentary cookies and Bits and Bites. Newly released movies were nice, but a guide as to which movie was playing on each channel would be nice. I think there were 4 movies in all.

WestJet Customer review :  5 December 2012 by L Kennedy    (Canada)

Currently sitting at terminal 2 LAX, waiting to return to Vancouver on a flight that was supposed to leave at 7.30 but has been delayed to 9.15. This on top of the fact we were not only charged the extra baggage fee for second bag, but an additional $50 for oversize. That being our bike bags which are streamlined, sleek and weigh approximately 20 pounds each. Our flight last Tuesday morning from Vancouver was also delayed an hour and a half, but at least they didn't charge the oversize fee in addition to the second bag fee. The reason for the delay here as explained by the very unsympathetic Westjet supervisor is they are re-fitting the aircraft. Hard to understand why we should be paying for that with our time.

WestJet Customer review :  4 December 2012 by C Scott    (Canada)

1.5 hour delay. The first story was weather delays. That didn't pass muster so then it was passenger delays, 20 passengers were delayed and wouldn't be able to get out of one of the departure locations for two days, so they held the flight, and there were head winds on another flight that day. Couldn't get their story straight. It all adds up to obfuscation and lack of reliability. As one passenger said, if you advertise a schedule you should do your very best to keep to it.

WestJet Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Liz Leckie    (Canada)

Flew to Costa Rica on a very competitively priced flight. Outbound from Toronto to Liberia was excellent with great service from cabin crew. Inbound was a different story in that, over the period of a flight lasting 5 hours + , there were no sandwiches available. Cabin crew still excellent but bitty snacks not good enough on this flight. Poor organisation.

WestJet Customer review :  26 November 2012 by Carl McWilliams    (Canada)

Few things upset me with my recent flights on WestJet. Went to Dominican Republic and back. Onboard televisions offered only about 4 channels (movies) - regular channels didn't work at all. When leaving the Dominican I specifically asked for a window seat on the left side of the aircraft so as to be able to see the Turks and Caicos islands. Got a wall seat (no window) on the right side of the plane! Tried to check in online the day before and the airport (POP - Puerto Plata) will not come up on the drop-down window so you cannot check in online. This resulted in waiting lines when bus loads of people all arrive at the same time and it clearly overwhelms the counter staff who don't know their left from their right. Disappointed.

WestJet Customer review :  25 November 2012 by G McKenzie    (Canada)

We flew from Victoria on Nov 10 returning 17th. Flight down was late, and ran out of food - overheard flight attendants complaining about lack of stores onboard. The 2.5 hour wait through immigration was outside of Westjet's control. Return flight was delayed, 4 sandwiches for the entire cabin, we were in row 10 and the last two bottles of white wine were gone on the first pass. The worst was the high cabin temperature. While the staff tried, the plane was not equipped properly.

WestJet Customer review :  22 November 2012 by Ivan Dzhur    (UK)

20 Nov 2012. Connected from BA flight onto Westjet flight from Toronto to Winnipeg at 18.30. Although flight was delayed for 40 min we were informed about delay at all times by staff at the gate and flight deck explained reason for the delay and gave apologies for it. Cabin crew friendly, attentive and professional which was very pleasant to see. Legroom on board of the aircraft is very generous and seat comfortable. Will certainly fly with them again.

WestJet Customer review :  20 November 2012 by Werner Buchhofer    (Canada)

Flew from Halifax to the Philippines with my Partner and my 2 year old daughter. Flight from Halifax to Toronto was with WestJet under the umbrella of Korean Air Lines. Had a valid ticket for my daughter but WestJet did not allow her to take the flight from Halifax to Toronto, because she was 2 years old and needed a ticket with a seat. Korean Air did let us fly without problem from Toronto to the Philippines, because on the trip to Canada she was below two. We had a valid ticket for my daughter. Because WestJet took us off the flight in Halifax we have lost all of our connecting flights. Customer service is very bad. Flight attendants are very unprofessional as is the service at the counter. Will not fly again.

WestJet Customer review :  20 November 2012 by Allen Lowe    (Canada)

November 10/12, Victoria to Cancun. First time flying WestJet. Bare bones 6hr flight with 3hr line up at Cancun customs, too many WestJet flights arriving at the same time. Poor scheduling. Will think twice before flying again.

WestJet Customer review :  19 November 2012 by A Smith    (UK)

Flew from Victoria, BC, Canada, to Cancun and flew back two weeks later. Friendly service. On time, Plenty of luggage allowance. Food minimal and had to be paid for except a tiny snack. Drinks - two soft drinks free - 6 hr flight! Main complaint - long flight - two films only. (So 3 hrs no entertainment). Then, amazingly, same films on the way back. Flight was not cheap. Boasted of satellite TV, did not work in either direction and I suspect it never does. Disappointed to say the least.

WestJet Customer review :  19 November 2012 by David Nepion    (Canada)

This is not the same airline I flew years ago. The service is poor, the stewardess seem more interested in selling headsets and stale food then bring a coffee over, the bad jokes are also getting old, and the 1.5 hour late departure was the topper. When I asked why? I was told bad weather, but when we got on board the pilot told us it maintenance issue, can't ever get their lies straight. Will not fly with them anymore.

WestJet Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Barbara Cromack    (Canada)

Our vacation was hijacked by Hurricane Sandy so we couldn't believe it when, on our way back to the west coast, we ended up in a blizzard in Calgary. Our flight was delayed almost 5 hours. Instead of leaving at 9pm we finally left at 1.45 am. WestJet passed out food vouchers, water, information. They even turned down the lights in certain areas of the waiting room for people trying to sleep. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Once on the plane the captain came out and explained what was going on. Good going, WestJet!

WestJet Customer review :  9 November 2012 by D Erickson    (Canada)

Flew from Kamloops to Calgary and then on to Ottawa and back. Staff were kind and helpful! Bought a cheese plate to snack on. Was offered plenty of beverages and snacks throughout the flight. Staff added some humour to their pre flight announcements and got the passengers to participate. Plane was clean, inflight entertainment was pretty good. I will definitely fly WestJet again!

WestJet Customer review :  7 November 2012 by June Dinning    (Canada)

Not the first time this has happened to me since I started flying Westjet to Hawaii. Due to depart at 10.05 on Thursday, Nov 1/12 to Honolulu. We arrived at Vancouver airport to find it had been delayed to 4.40pm. We were not prepared to go home so waited in the airport. Left Vancouver 8 hrs late. Arrived in Honolulu at approx 10.00pm and got to hotel at midnight. We missed half a day in Honolulu. I will not fly to Hawaii again on Westjet.

WestJet Customer review :  3 November 2012 by K Lowe    (Canada)

YVR-LAX-YVR. No problems with the ground crew and cabin crew, all were polite and efficient. Flights on time (early arrival in fact) and boarding was orderly and quick. Didn't use the IFE but not all of them worked. 737-700 really is quite cramped and I'm not certain how a bigger person would realistically be comfortable (or even fit in the seat in the first place), but mercifully the flight's a short one at 2.5 hours. Juice, pop, water and coffee served once with a small cookie and such. It was turbulence virtually all the way down to LAX once we passed Seattle, but that's not something quite within anyone's control I suppose. Overall good value for what is pretty much a short commuter flight.

WestJet Customer review :  24 October 2012 by R Selva    (Canada)

I flew Westjet from Hamilton to Edmonton. The flight was ok, the crew were rude and not helpful! You should fly if you are desperate for a cheap price!

WestJet Customer review :  19 October 2012 by Margaret Doyle    (Ireland)

Flew Vancouver to Dublin via Chicago. We were issued with 2 boarding passes each by Westjet. However we were told we would have to collect our luggage at Chicago O' Hare as our flight to Dublin was with AA. We did this and were late for our connecting flight because of it. We could not locate any Westjet employees to help us at Chicago.

WestJet Customer review :  9 October 2012 by D Wheeler    (Canada)

Westjet, sorry is not as good as it used to be. Still enjoy the cabin service but not enjoying the "rules are rules" attitudes at the ticket counters. They are the same as any airline now looking for any chance to charge extra fees even when they could accommodate at no loss to themselves. Used to fly Westjet even if they were higher than other airlines but now because Westjet is just the same as any airline, I'll just fly the lowest price.

WestJet customer review :  24 September 2012 by H Robbie    (Canada)

Flew Westjet from Toronto, Canada to Santa Clara, Cuba on 09/15/2012, returning 09/22/2012. We have flown Westjet before, however, it was an inauguration flight and had received amazing service. Little did we know that the inauguration service does not apply to all flights, so we decided to go with Westjet Vacations. To be fair, their aircraft have the most leg room compared with the other Canadian charter airlines. The entertainment, consisting of Canadian TV channels was not working on both flights. I do understand that airlines want to save money on catering, however, all other charters, except Air Canada and Westjet, do offer hot meals on their flights. Westjet dares to give you the choice between a 100g snack pack, or 2 miniature cookies (do not dare asking to have them both). The only check flight attendants seem to do is to make sure seat belts are on. Moving forward, I will make sure, when booking a package, that the flight is with Air Transat, Canjet or Sunwing.

WestJet customer review :  13 September 2012 by S Cameron    (Canada)

I flew from Montreal to Toronto with Westjet on a KLM codeshare two days ago and when I arrived in Toronto although they announced it would only take 20 minutes for our baggage to be deposited on the carrousel for pick up it took over an hour thereby resulting in my missed connecting flight and had to stay the night in Toronto at a hotel. No one at the airport in Toronto could help me and one Westjet worker at the baggage area even told me I should have informed them that I had a tight connection and they would have sent them to Moncton (my final destination) with the next Westjet flight even though I was connecting with Air Canada. This was completely astonishing and untrue. When has it ever been ok for you to leave your bags and go on a flight with a different carrier and expect the other carrier to send your bags along. Anyway, all Westjet reps I spoke with at Pearson told me to call the 1-800 number on the website, which I did and I was told that 2 hours is not enough time for a connection with a domestic flight. Finally, I called back again and spoke to someone who offered me a $200 travel credit with them. So in all I had a terrible experience with customer service with Westjet who tried to pass things off to others and no one would accept responsibility for their mistakes.

WestJet customer review :  12 September 2012 by Karen Hari    (Canada)

I recently flew from Toronto to Moncton with my two small children. I unfortunately missed my flight by two minutes! It was my fault as we got lost in the airport and were not watching the time carefully. We were escorted to the service desk and the attendants were so nice to us. They saw how distraught I was because I thought I would have to pay for three additional flights, but instead they gave us at no charge three free flights for the next day. I will definitely fly with Westjet on future flights.

WestJet customer review :  4 September 2012 by Fred Andrews    (Canada)

LA to Calgary. Seating is cramped and no leg room for a 3 hour flight. In Calgary we had to claim our baggage after customs even though we were flying to Edmonton and recheck baggage. Out flight was delayed for over 35 minutes, should have departed Calgary at 10.30pm, didn't taxi down the runway until 11.05pm.

WestJet customer review :  29 August 2012 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Flew YHZ-YYZ on KLM codeshare. Check-in ok but Westjet staff unable to give me boarding passes for entire journey, this caused me some problems in Toronto, however gate staff amusing. Plane slightly late but service good and avod fine, better than Air Canada.

WestJet customer review :  26 July 2012 by J Matthew    (Canada)

Toronto (YYZ) to New York (LGA) round trip. Flight was July 13th 2012. Friendly crew and flight attendants. Only entertainment is TV, no internet. $10 for Headphones is ridiculous and they charge for blankets etc. Enough leg room for the smaller than average person. Seats don't recline far at all, have to lean on the window side to take a nap; wake up with a sore neck, but its only 1 hour. New York (LGA) to Toronto (YYZ) return - flight on July 20th 2012. Because of traffic I missed my flight. I called WestJet, they said I could pay $200 to change my flight, I said no. Rushed back home to get my luggage and off to LaGuardia. I see on the board a flight for 7.50pm and its 7.45pm. I explained to her what happened then she begins typing for 5mins+. I managed to get on the flight, a seat in the back, but no problem. No smell, back was actually empty. Planes were clean and well maintained.

WestJet customer review :  20 July 2012 by William Field    (Canada)

I flew Westjet from PVR, Mexico to Comox, Canada. The flight was on time, comfortable and the service was wonderful. Their competitive fares on this international flight have me hooked as a new customer. The clincher was free first checked bag and the charge for our pet was half that of the competition.

WestJet customer review :  20 July 2012 by S Mullen    (Canada)

I flew from YEG to YVR and back. As usual, the crew was friendly and hospitable and overall, everything functioned efficiently. I agree that they do need to update their entertainment system and the seats aren't the most comfortable - which is why I choose not to fly with them on long-haul or international flights. I'll pay a few dollars extra for a little extra comfort. But, if I'm looking for an inexpensive option for a short-hop, then this is the airline for me. They've never lost my luggage, I was offered a $50 credit just because my bags were a little late coming off the carousel, was offered a full refund when another flight was cancelled, and was offered a free meal and another refund when another flight was delayed due to mechanical issues.

WestJet customer review :  5 July 2012 by R Gill    (Canada)

I like Westjet but unfortunately going to Vancouver and return to Toronto I could not get their online booking to work, so consequently my husband and I could not sit together on each flight. Other then that Westjet is lovely to travel on.

WestJet customer review :  3 July 2012 by Karl Lundgren    (Canada)

Tried to change to an earlier flight but that requires a $50 per person fee, which makes no sense because the itinerary is identical and if there's space what difference does it make. There cost does not go up if we leave on the earlier flight. To make matters worse we were told that changing to the earlier flight would be free if our flight was showing as delayed. At the time it wasn't, so he couldn't do anything. Even though we have a 4 month old baby that we now had to keep happy in the airport for 5 hours. To top it all off, shortly following the earlier flights departure we learned that our flight would be delayed. My experiences with Westjet have always been nothing but positive, but this inconvenience that could have been easily avoided has erased all the positive experiences. This was an unnecessary attempt by them to squeeze extra money out of me.

WestJet customer review :  26 June 2012 by Dirk Repas    (Canada)

My partner and I recently flew to NYC. He on Air Canada, where they make you pay for all checked baggage, and I with Westjet. My checked bag was free. Westjet recently added a free cocktail to international flights. Toronto to New York is only 1 hour, so I enjoyed my drink quickly. Excellent flight there, but on the way back is what made the trip. I just missed my flight. The Staff at the gate, took care of everything courteously, and professionally. I expected to have to go back to the front desk and go through security again, but he took care of everything while I was able to watch Euro cup in the lounge! This is highly impressive, as it was a challenge for the staff as they are all new, Westjet only started flying out of NYC three weeks earlier. 1 hour later I was on a plane, watching the ground staff wave bye to the passengers on my plane!

WestJet customer review :  25 June 2012 by M Koristka    (Canada)

I have been travelling with Westjet for several years, and I have been very impressed. The crew is friendly, the inflight entertainment works 99% of the time (I have only have had one flight that the inflight entertainment was hit and miss, and it was only on my TV set) and I have never had a single delay. I find the seating adequate and the baggage and carry-on allowance is exemplary. They certainly live up to being a friendly and caring airline! Flight: YYC to YKF return.

WestJet customer review :  18 June 2012 by M Battista    (Canada)

Westjet to Cancun from Montreal and back. I had a good flight to our vacation destination but on the return flight from Cancun to Montreal it was a bit of a bumpy ride and I was feeling very sick. I was very well taken care of by the flight attendants onboard. especially Lindsay. She knew just what to do to help me feel better and I am very grateful to her.

WestJet customer review :  18 June 2012 by Paul Burling    (UK)

On time, clean and comfortable aircraft with a good amount of legroom, courteous and helpful staff. Good in-flight entertainment. Could not fault Westjet.

WestJet customer review :  15 June 2012 by M Gordon    (Canada)

YUL-YVR-YUL. The interiors of the 737-600 are beginning to show their age, and the inflight entertainment system barely adequate. They should upgrade to an on-demand system. Service was ok. Obviously for a no- frills domestic flight, one shouldn't expect too much. But it was embarrassing to witness a cabin crew who spoke no French on a flight out of Montreal. In terms of price, service, and convenience, I would certainly choose AC next time over WJ. They truly aren't the great deal or friendly carrier they make themselves out to be.

WestJet customer review :  13 June 2012 by M Kroeker    (Canada)

YWG-YYC-PVR return. Outbound flights on time, return from YYC was slightly delayed, comfortable seats although not as much recline as AC. Crew were all pleasant and cheerful. Food offerings could be improved, they ran out of almost everything half way down the aisle. IFE was also poor, few channels and PPV wasn't offered, TV's cut out as soon as we were out of US airspace. Baggage arrived in a timely manner. Overall good flights just some improvements need to be made.

WestJet customer review :  6 June 2012 by R Hall    (USA)

Flew from Toronto to Barbados. For the price I paid, I expected a complimentary meal on a 6 hour flight. Onboard entertainment was pointless as it was only on for 20% of the flight and the flight attendants are in serious need of some hospitality training - some of the rudest ones I've encountered in my 20 years of travelling. Will definitely not be flying with Westjet again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.

WestJet customer review :  30 May 2012 by Maureen Bell    (Canada)

I travelled May 29 from London, Ontario to Winnipeg. Our original flight was delayed due to mechanical trouble found just before take-off and there was a several hour wait until another aeroplane could be brought in from Toronto. The Captain on the original flight spoke to us all politely, calmly and explained the whole situation. We were deboarded, given food vouchers and kept up to date with announcements on the plane's status. Every one of the West Jet staff treated passengers courteously and let them know of changes to their flights promptly. Their attitude was reflected in the calmness of us passengers.

WestJet customer review :  16 May 2012 by Holly Kramer    (Canada)

Flew to Saskatoon via Calgary from Toronto and home again. Every single plane was freezing cold. Are they just trying to make you buy a blanket?

WestJet customer review :  9 May 2012 by Bobbi Leder    (Canada)

We were very impressed with WestJet staff when flying from Toronto to St. John's with our dog. They have a new system where they rip off the ticket once the dog is loaded and then a member of the crew hands you the ticket and you know that your dog is on board. It's a great system and I wish all airlines would do this. Staff very friendly, courteous and helpful. I missed the food cart the first time, the flight attendant was very nice and went out of her way to get me something even though we were close to landing. Their fees are very competitive and much cheaper when it comes to flying pets. They also don't charge extra for one way flights which is a nice perk. My only complaint was that the seats were big enough but they were leather and they did have TV programs available for free (movies cost money).

WestJet customer review :  2 May 2012 by R Graham    (Canada)

Value for money - depends on destination and competition! YVR to PSP. Westjet offers the only direct service (seasonal) between Vancouver and Palm Springs which is great; unfortunately, some return fares are greater than a flight to the UK! Flights into LAX (a similar distance) are much less costly, likely due to competition! Consequently, we fly into LAX and pick up a rental car for a 2 hour drive to PS. Hopefully Virgin (or other carriers) will start direct YVR-PSP flights in the not too distant future.

WestJet customer review :  30 April 2012 by Chris Neep    (Canada)

LAX to YVR. I travel this route regularly and have witnessed Westjet's standards and service decline. This flight was 2 hours late leaving LAX. No warning provided by ground staff at LAX. No apology or explanation by pilot once onboard. IFC bored. Aircraft dirty Westjet still continue to refer to passengers as 'guests' yet increasingly do not treat them as such. Air Canada product now is consistently superior.

WestJet customer review :  30 April 2012 by Lisa Berry    (Canada)

Having a flight completely cancelled one weekend due to mechanical problems with the plane and then the following weekend having the flight delayed because of mechanical problems that necessitated switching out not only the original plane scheduled but also the replacement aircraft after one leg of the journey severely reduced my confidence in the Westjet fleet. Service agents have also suffered a noticeable decline in the quality of service and attitude with which they deal with the passengers. All told - there are other airlines out there and I will be using them where possible.

WestJet customer review :  28 April 2012 by S Johnson    (Canada)

On a return flight from Honolulu to Calgary and paying for an exit row seat I was less then impressed to board the plane and see a 350lb plus gentleman in his seat and half of mine in the exit row. He couldn't walk and had to be assisted onto the plane in a wheelchair and off the same way. I always thought there was some sort of regulations regarding exit rows. I feel that I paid for my seat I should get it and someone that large should buy 2 seats and not be allowed in an exit row! We fly to Hawaii every year and I won't fly them again.

WestJet customer review :  13 April 2012 by K Yang    (Canada)

Flight from Vancouver to Calgary delayed a few times within a few hours due to mechanical problems. I was stranded in Vancouver for more than 6 hours before WestJet arranged an alternative plane to fly to Calgary. My original 4 pm departure from Vancouver turned out to be 10.33 pm, arriving in Calgary a few minutes to 1 am. Very disappointed, even though they gave us $10 food voucher.

WestJet customer review :  9 April 2012 by Sharon Milliken    (Canada)

I am 70 yrs old with poor balance due to a spinal cord injury. I pre-booked wheelchair assistance leaving YVR and arriving in Ottawa and for the return trip. At YVR the check-in attendant took my bag to the luggage depot for me, asked if I wanted to walk through security and to get a ride on the other side. On the return, my son brought my bag into the check-in, and he was asked to accompany me to the gate. I walked to the escalator and through security, the guard, seeing my cane and ability in walking, allowed me to go through the line. Once I got to the gate, a staff member had apparently been looking for me at check-in to help. He helped me in walking and carrying my purse onto the plane and ensured there would be a wheelchair at the plane in Vancouver. How does the lack of communication happen?

WestJet customer review :  3 April 2012 by Daniel Glesby    (Canada)

PHX-YVR-YWG. Westjet counter at PHX was busier than usual but didn't take more than 15 minutes to check- in. Got to the gate with 1 hour to spare, it was packed and despite lots of seats, seating was far and few between. Boarded on time, but delayed 30 minutes. Once airborne, as per the usual, the live TV malfunctioned, and only 3-4 stations worked. Inflight crew seemed friendly enough on both flights. I still prefer Westjet, but they are getting worse and more expensive each year.

WestJet customer review :  27 March 2012 by L Cross    (Canada)

On January 19, 2012 cabin crew informed us as we boarded the plane at Princess Juliana Airport in Saint Maarten, that they did not have enough fuel to return to Toronto and would land in Puerto Rico to refuel. This added over 2 hours to the 4 hour return trip. Naturally we missed our Toronto connection. There was no advance indication on the WestJet website, at the check-in counter or, in the airport about the extra stop.

WestJet customer review :  21 March 2012 by C Lohr    (Canada)

Flight from Palm Springs to Vancouver in what is apparently a new plane without any entertainment units installed and no food for sale? What on earth has happened to Westjet. I used to like flying with them, now they are more like Skyservice (which is definitely not a compliment).

WestJet customer review :  10 March 2012 by I Trotter    (Canada)

London to Las Vegas. Crew could not have been nicer, seats a little worn but seemed to have a bit more room than Delta and Canjet.

WestJet customer review :  7 March 2012 by H Gegory    (Canada)

We were returning from Cancun. On take off the plane had to abort take off, the captain advised we were going back to the terminal. 3 hours later the plane was able to leave. Our initial departure time was 6.20 pm now it was 9.30 pm. When finally in the air we were told that there was no food available for purchase. Overall a miserable experience.

WestJet customer review :  24 February 2012 by Aaron Guimond    (Canada)

Staff are great but the seats incredibly uncomfortable and 50% of the time there are problems with the inflight entertainment, when it does work they charge for movies that others offer for free. A 4 hour flight with no entertainment, packed into a plane like a sardine with overhead compartments stuffed to bursting and baggage under your feet is just not a pleasant way to travel. Pleasant and professional staff help make up for some of the discomfort. Bottom line: Low prices, uncomfortable flights, inflight entertainment hit and miss.

WestJet customer review :  21 February 2012 by C Darling    (Canada)

YVR-PHX-YVR. Both flights left punctually, flight and ground crews friendly and professional. Inflight service more than adequate, with a purchase-meal and beverage run after take-off, another drink and snack run after that, and then a final water run an hour before landing. Crews were cheerful on both flights, and had time for passengers.

WestJet customer review :  20 February 2012 by V Nelson    (Canada)

Westjet has become a no frills airlines. An almost 6 hour flight Vancouver to Lihue return on a new plane, they have not installed entertainment units. Unfortunately, the seat pocket provided more past passenger refuse than reading material. Not a pillow or blanket to use or rent on an overnight flight. Not everyone can sleep on a plane, so the TV is a valuable distraction. Staff members were friendly enough and there were announcements on which carousel our baggage could be claimed.

WestJet customer review :  15 February 2012 by John McTavish    (Canada)

Have flown Westjet for the first time between YYZ and YYC. I'm highly disappointed! Those seats are not comfortable. The inflight entertainment system is ridiculous. The so called ''live TV'' when the crew makes an announcement doesn't even stop. With other airlines at least it stops so you can continue watching where you were. Plus I find the crew and the employee in general so unprofessional. This over friendly attitude just look too fake to me!

WestJet customer review :  15 February 2012 by P Tolnai    (Canada)

I've flown Westjet numerous times in the past few months and despite loving their inflight service and the comfort of their seats, I have to say it's time to upgrade or do away with inflight entertainment service. I have not been on a plane lately where a TV screen near me was malfunctioning. If the person in the middle seat touches the box with their foot, you can see all three screens flicker. Perhaps they should get rid of in- seat entertainment entirely and replace it with wifi and maybe a return to meal service. Everyone now has an iPod or DVD player anyway, it's sort of redundant.

WestJet customer review :  14 February 2012 by J Olivier    (Canada)

YYZ-YYC. TV worked properly for a change, managed to get most of the channels. Crew seemed disinterested in doing their work, which is a little unusual for Westjet. I do have to say though I can't stand their seats. I am only 5'9" but the seat ends about half way down my thigh. There is no support and after 4+ hours, a little tiring. Don't think I would fly them long distances.

WestJet customer review :  9 January 2012 by Leonard Pride    (Canada)

My wife and I flew Vancouver to Halifax. Our connection in Calgary to Halifax left before our flight from Vancouver got in. Information was passed to us and Westjet personnel were helpful, professional and friendly. We were given vouchers for meals, transportation and rooms for the night. Our final flight from Toronto to Halifax was on a new plane, inflight personnel were friendly with a kind word and smile.

WestJet customer review :  1 January 2012 by Michelle Richet    (Canada)

YVR to LAS once or twice every year since 2007, I use the self check-in online 24hr prior to my flight, and have never had a problem with it. When I get to YVR or LAS all I have to do is check my bag, staff are always polite and helpful. Cabin crew have always been very nice and helpful on all my flights.

WestJet customer review :  15 December 2011 by D Kottick    (Canada)

Orlando from Ottawa (Direct) but when checking in online found out there was a Layover in Toronto. We were never informed about flight changes. As well as that the flight left 45 minutes earlier than planned. The flight home was also later than booked. Is it not Westjet policy to inform us of any time changes? We were told that these changes were made early in the fall. Why were we not informed? Otherwise the flight itself was good.

WestJet customer review :  13 December 2011 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

YLW to YKF. Great new connection. Used to have to leave Kelowna at 7am, sit in Calgary for almost 4 hours before departing to Kitchener. There is now a 10.10 with a 30 minute connection in Calgary for a total elapsed time of 5 hours. Very pleasant male attendant serving the middle of the plane, no stupid jokes or songs- just good service.

WestJet customer review :  8 December 2011 by C Johnson    (Canada)

I book about 10 flights a year and the service has continuously gone downhill. A few weeks ago my husband and I booked a flight to Edmonton and I was charged an additional $15 on my credit card - they said I checked to book seats which I never do and my husband and I didn't even get to sit together. Their new policy of one bag only is a crock - everyone is now carrying their baggage on board (me included) because you only have 1 free checked bag which means it takes forever to get to your seat while everyone is loading their own luggage and forever to get off. The last 2 flights I took with Westjet this month were both delayed while they waited for late passengers. I'm looking for a new airline!

WestJet customer review :  28 November 2011 by A Devries    (Canada)

YVR-PSP-YVR. Both flights on time, staff friendly and the planes are clean. I like this non-stop seasonal compared with connecting through SFO or LAX with UA. The only drawback was the small TV screens.

WestJet customer review :  23 November 2011 by Joe McNeill    (Canada)

Vancouver to Calgary - 2 hour layover - then Calgary to Regina. Plane boarded on time and efficiently in Vancouver. Staff were friendly as usual. Seat was comfortable and we had the exit row. We got a small snack and soft drink on each flight. Inflight TV was good, though it is getting dated compared to newer systems. Flight from Calgary to Regina was delayed 2 hours due to weather issues. De-ice added 20 minutes to the delay. Once airborne the flight was good.

WestJet customer review :  14 September 2011 by E McLoughlin    (Canada)

San Diego to Toronto with a connection in Calgary. There was only about 45 people on the first flight to Calgary, and the flight attendants were friendly and hospitable, making jokes with passengers. Calgary to Toronto was a little busier, however the staff were still excellent.

WestJet customer review :  13 September 2011 by T Mackel    (Australia)

Vancouver to Honolulu. The head stewardess was unprofessional, she spoke so fast that she was tripping over her words and we could not understand anything she was saying. Food was cold and over priced, there was no light beer for sale and no free water. I had to have my cabin bag under my seat the whole flight because all the overhead lockers were full as people were allowed to take too much cabin luggage onboard. The toilets were dirty and there were not enough for the amount of passengers. The movies that we had to pay for were old and out of date. Cabin lights were not dimmed so there was no way of getting some sleep.

WestJet customer review :  31 August 2011 by J Doerksen    (Mexico)

My husband and myself, along with our 2 children have flown at least 3 times a year for the past 4 years. Yes, the flights can be a bit late, however we all like the food offered, the satellite TV, and the friendly and helpful crew.

WestJet customer review :  23 August 2011 by K Sims    (USA)

Newark to Calgary return. Efficient check-in, flying with 2 children and one infant can be a pain however staff made it easy to get settled and comfortable in the cabin. They helped keep the kids entertained on the 4.5hr flight. Good value and flight was right on time.

WestJet customer review :  15 August 2011 by A Merchant    (UK)

Flew Vancouver-Calgary and Edmonton-Toronto. Efficient check-in procedure with Westjet staff on hand to help if needed. Queues never long and with a healthy luggage allowance, I was happy. Plenty of leg room on the planes and cabin crew were fine. Flights departed and arrived as scheduled with minimal fuss.

WestJet customer review :  12 August 2011 by R Kamaleddine    (Canada)

We flew from Toronto. The flight took off on time and the cabin crew were courteous. Onboard announcement in English was not legible while the recorded French one was good. Food and service were good.

WestJet customer review :  8 August 2011 by S Gibson    (New Zealand)

Prince George to Vancouver. Not only were the check in staff polite and friendly, they helped me tape my hula hoop onto my pack so I wouldn't have to pay an extra $22 for extra luggage. It then had to be untaped and re- taped at the oversized baggage check (because my pack was now too large to go through the scanner and had to be searched by hand). Staff were all very nice to me, which I really appreciated. Onboard staff are friendly, helpful and have a laid-back vibe. Great to have a complimentary hot or cold drink and snack even though it's such a short flight (1 hour).

WestJet customer review :  8 August 2011 by Frank Mauz    (USA)

HNL-YVR overnight flight on 737-800. Friendly, efficient FA's served juice and cookies. AVOD in each seat, but the TV channels did not work until close to Vancouver. Friendly and prompt telephone service prior to flight, including call-back service. Easy-to-use web site.

WestJet customer review :  1 August 2011 by J Olivier    (Canada)

Flew YYC-LAS roundtrip. Check-in people were friendly and courteous. We were processed quickly. Received bags at both locations fairly fast. Only one beverage run during the entire 2 hr 38 min flight. Two complaints. We found the seats to be narrower than average and we were not sure we would want to fly for a longer time. Secondly, approx 1/3 of the TV channels were not offered due to various issues. Disappointing when they advertise 24 channels and you only get about 15 of which few are children oriented. The screens are also very small.

WestJet customer review :  25 July 2011 by M Michaud    (Canada)

My partner and I were on a flight from Hamilton to Grande Prairie and due to unforeseen circumstances our flight was cancelled. I was very pleased with the service we received from the West Jet personnel from the Hamilton airport. We were re-routed to Calgary and West Jet picked up the tab for our overnight at a hotel and we were placed on a connecting flight the following day. The flight attendants, they were personable and entertaining.

WestJet customer review :  23 July 2011 by S Lynn    (Canada)

Booked direct flights to and from Orlando only to learn several days later that they had change the flights to multi- stop flights - 2 on the way down and 1 on the way home. Could book through other airlines for less money if I wanted to make stops. Booked WJ for the direct flights. Consider this false advertising.

WestJet customer review :  12 July 2011 by J Jones    (Canada)

YYZ-YOW. Very fast boarding. On-time. Not a minute late. Plane was Half full, comfortable seats. I'm 6 Feet and leg room was nice for me. nice flight attendants, always smiling. My only complain would be the screen. The screen is very small and only a few good things come one. But for a 1 hour flight I was fine.

WestJet customer review :  27 June 2011 by Lynn Hesse    (Canada)

Abbotsford, B.C.-Edmonton, Alta. My plane landed at Edmonton at 12:50pm. I was seated in the last row of the airplane. Upon standing up to leave we were asked to sit down until the people going to Toronto left the plane. I have never transferred on a flight before so I followed the people leaving the plane. They all went downstairs to the luggage area. I knew I didn't need to get my luggage because they told me it would be put on my next plane for me. I stopped at the information desk and asked where I was suppose to go for my ticket. I was told to hurry up the stairs and go through security because I was going to miss my plane going to Grande Prairie. When I got through security I was told I had missed my plane and to go and see West Jet about getting on another. I was told it was my fault that I missed my plane and I was dawdling around. I told them exactly what happened and they said that was not so and I should have known not to come downstairs. I should have known to just get off the plane and get right on the other one. No one ever told me this nor did they ask me if I knew. I should have been let off the plane along with the people leaving for Toronto so I would have made my flight. I had to pay another $52.50 to get on the next plane. I am very disappointed in the way West Jet handled this and how they treated me. Never mind waiting another 9 hours in the airport to catch the next flight I should not have had to pay $52.50 for it. Air Canada told me that they would not have charged me for the ticket because it was not my fault.

WestJet customer review :  20 June 2011 by Lois McNally    (Canada)

YYZ-YYC return. I appreciate the online check-in and ability to print my own boarding pass. On the return flight we were able to switch to a later flight with no problems. Both flights were on time with zero delays at either end. Friendly staff were available to help with printing of luggage tags at the kiosk. The luggage allowance is generous and bags appeared promptly after each trip. Boarding was smooth and organized. The planes were clean and comfortable and not super hot as some planes are. There were a variety of free TV channels available. The best thing about flying Westjet was the ability to get answers to questions about flights quickly and personally. When their help lines were busy I was able to leave my phone number and was called back promptly.

WestJet customer review :  17 June 2011 by L McNally    (Canada)

YYZ-YYC return. I appreciate the online check-in and ability to print my own boarding pass. On the return flight we were able to switch to a later flight with no problems. Both flights were on time with zero delays at either end. Friendly staff were available to help with printing of luggage tags at the kiosk. The luggage allowance is generous and bags appeared promptly after each trip. Boarding was smooth and organized. The planes were clean and comfortable and not super hot as some planes are. There were a variety of free TV channels available. The best thing about flying Westjet was the ability to get answers to questions quickly and personally. In my experiences with Air Canada there has been no customer support when things go wrong or the passenger has questions; being left with an un-answered phone line or endless automated phone menus does not count as customer service. Kudos to Westjet for placing their passengers at the top of their priority list! In these times of high fuel prices and competition between airlines, Westjet stands out for both quality and service.

WestJet customer review :  14 June 2011 by M Kroeker    (Canada)

YWG-YVR return. Check-in slow, have to drop your bags on the belt. Flight was fairly full, poor boarding, once on board FA's did their job that's about it. Selection of IFE was ok, have to purchase movies, AC is free. Buy on board food was avg. Arrived on time, bags were fairly quick. The return a week later, delayed an hour out of YVR, no explanation or apology. Similar service, not great, FA's were downright rude, chatting in the back. One water run was made throughout the whole flight. Bags arrived quick. Only reason I took WestJet was because the AC flight was sold out that day.

WestJet customer review :  9 June 2011 by P Sauveur    (Canada)

YHZ-YYZ-YHZ. Staff haggard looking and unprofessional with their constant chit chat about their personal lives. Flights late both ways and entertainment not started until well into flight. Poor selection of buy onboard snacks. Planes starting to show wear and tear.

WestJet customer review :  7 June 2011 by David Sebo    (Canada)

Late again, the last 6 consecutive flights with West Jet have not worked, flights between Edmonton and Comox or Edmonton and Abbostford are always late, sitting here right now waiting for flight no. 184 in Abbostford, going to be one and one half hours late. Always consistent.

WestJet customer review :  2 June 2011 by J Rico    (Spain)

YYZ-YUL-YYZ. Friendly service , onboard TV plenty of channels. Complementary drink during flight. Online check-in, allowing selection of seat at no charge like other low cost carriers, and electronic boarding pass option, which I find useful. Both flights right on time.

WestJet customer review :  26 May 2011 by Harold Ritzer    (Canada)

Edmonton-Toronto-Edmonton over the long weekend. Flight there perfect - full, but more than enough room. On time, pleasant crew, no complaints. Food sold, and of poor quality. All bags arrived quickly. Return, sat on the runway for over 1 hour because of a storm. The satellite system died, and the flight deck gave no updates, and failed to mention for a half hour that the runways were all closed - the flight attendants kept telling us we would depart "shortly". Overall, it was cheaper than Air Canada and just as good, if not better.

WestJet customer review :  4 May 2011 by J McDonald    (Canada)

YVR-OGG return B737-800. Pre-booked online several months previous, with seat selection for both legs. Generous baggage allowance, at that time 2 checked bags 50 lbs each, per passenger, no cost. Now only one bag for free, but this is still better than many other airlines. Check-in at YVR was quick, no big lineups and assistance by WestJet staff was available for people who hadn't printed their boarding passes ahead of time. We had ours already, so were able to go straight to check-in. Boarding is unstructured. I don't recall hearing an announcement for seniors or families with babies/toddlers to board first. Likewise, there is no boarding based on seating assignments. It still seemed to go fairly smoothly, but we were near the front of the line, and also seated up front on both flights, so were on board and seated early. The flight out to Kahului was delayed about 1/2 hour (may have been longer) due to a passenger being detained at US immigration, and subsequently the airline had to remove her luggage from the plane. While we were waiting to depart, the head FA requested two passengers from the first 6 rows volunteer to move to seats at the back of the plane (failing volunteers, two passengers would have been selected and asked to move). Seats were comfortable with lots of leg room. IFE cut out after being airborne for about 1/2 hour, after which it was movies only, for 5.99. Gone are the days of free entertainment and meals. Free snacks (cookies, bits & bites) and soft drinks, tea, coffee etc provided. Leaving Kahului was also straight-forward with no long lineups at check-in. Flight was smooth, and again, the FAs were friendly and helpful. Flight schedules both ways were good, leaving YVR at 9:40 AM and leaving Kahului at 2:05 PM, so nothing extreme either way. Baggage unloading at OGG was fairly quick, but YVR seemed to take a very long time. Planes on both legs of the journey were clean and comfortable and both flights were enjoyable (screaming toddlers on the return flight notwithstanding). This was our first time traveling with WestJet, and we would use this airline again.

WestJet customer review :  27 April 2011 by Peter Moffat    (Canada)

I flew back to Victoria from Winnipeg. The checkin time was 4:15am, checkin lady was not in a good mood, ordering me around with my luggage and generally being short, there was no one else in line! I asked for a window seat and went for the security gate, I then waited for most people to board. As I got to my seat I saw I was in the only seat without a window, this was not good, if I can't see out I get motion sickness. The flight didn't level off before I was feeling very uncomfortable - it was the worst flight I have ever experienced. If someone asks for a window seat there might be a reason. The checkin lady should have known that there is no window seat in the row she placed me, or did she place me there on purpose.

WestJet customer review :  26 April 2011 by D Glesby    (Canada)

YWG-PHX return. Friendly service outbound, but the return flight wasn't their finest. The only good thing was that it left on time. The flight was hot and uncomfortable, the crew seemed disinterested for the most part, and only a couple of channels on the tv were working all of them news channels and their flight times on the way back are awful (gets in at 1:00 am).

WestJet customer review :  26 April 2011 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

MSY-YYZ, B737-700, great service and comfortable seats. If you want food you have to buy it, but the sub was tasty. Great PTV and was entertained well.

WestJet customer review :  21 April 2011 by L Barton    (Canada)

I've flown Westjet often especially between Vancouver Island and Calgary and have been generally satisfied with flights and service. However, on March 31st I took a connecting flight from Calgary to Palm Spring - hunger took over and I had no choice but to buy a snack. What a very poor selection! In desperation I tried the Ham and Cheese Sub. and took only a few bites, it was terrible, for two days following I suffered an upset stomach. Isn't it possible to serve a fresh sandwich?

WestJet customer review :  19 March 2011 by D Mottishaw    (Canada)

Cancun to Vancouver BC, boarded the plane on time but sat there for an hour and a half before being allowed back into the terminal. Told by the pilot the ground crew had "scratched the plane" and needed approval from Calgary to fly. After another hour and a half in the terminal we re-boarded the plane and sat there for at least another hour and a half before we took off. We were told by the pilot we would receive compensation from Westjet but 6 weeks later have heard nothing. Very friendly, good equipment but a drink and a sandwich would have gone a long way.

WestJet customer review :  19 March 2011 by T Wilson    (Canada)

Recently I booked a direct flight from Saskatoon to Abbotsford with a 45 minute stop in Calgary. With no prior warning we were asked to deplane in Calgary and see the WestJet agent at the gate for an announcement. When we reached the gate, we found out that WestJet had taken our plane and rerouted it to Mexico and said that they second leg of our flight would be in 2 hours. That flight was cancelled and we ended up spending 11 1/2 hours in the Calgary airport. There was no apology or explanation from WestJet. While they did provide meal vouchers. Considering I was expecting a 2.5 hour flight and it ended up taking nearly 14 hours I would hope that WestJet would have a customer service representative to talk to. When I called the Super Centre I was told that there was no one for me to speak to and I should use their feedback section on their web page. I asked the agent how long I could expect to wait to receive a reply and I was told approximately 5 weeks. This is totally unacceptable. WestJet will be my last choice as an airline from this point forward.

WestJet customer review :  14 March 2011 by T Cutlan    (Canada)

YYC-YYZ-CCC return. Booking a Westjet vacation was easy, staff friendly. Not much price difference between Westjet and Air Canada vacations. YYC to YYZ leg uneventful, check in cheerful and helpful. T3 has more places to eat with good service. Flight was okay, cheery cabin crew. Paid extra for exit row when it used to be reserved for tallest passengers. Irks one to see a 5'3 person in there when you have tried to book it. The sandwiches were not bad, all other snacks were junk food. No entertainment system to or from CCC but it is sat TV. Westjet staff in Cuba superb. Only real beef is no direct WJ flights YYC-Caribbean. The stop in Toronto is a pain. Value for money question is difficult to say as the distinction between AC and Westjet is blurring as Air Canada appears to be trying harder.

WestJet customer review :  2 January 2011 by Marian Shafonsky    (Canada)

We were very impressed with the excellent service both going to Calgary and returning home to Victoria - both my husband and I needed some assistance in the terminals and were given very kind and courteous care at both terminals!

WestJet customer review :  13 October 2010 by G Jolly    (UK)

Vancouver to London Ontario via Calgary. I was impressed with the service and the efficiency. For a low cost carrier, they are far better than Easyjet and Ryanair - in service, comfort, and value for money. Westjet were excellent by comparison.

WestJet customer review :  22 September 2010 by M Keenan    (Canada)

YYZ to YKA via YYC, and back. I haven't flown Westjet in a number of years, but I would say that their offering is comparable to Air Canada economy class. All three flights were more or less on time, and trouble free. Seat pitch feels similar to Air Canada. I didn't purchase any food, so can't offer an opinion on this. Air Canada's inflight entertainment is somewhat superior - they offer a wider variety of audio and video entertainment gratis, while Westjet offers certain TV channels for free and premium programming (Movies and certain TV programs) at additional cost (there is a slot to swipe a credit card in the seatback to pay for this). I did find it annoying that the channel displaying the aircraft's position (a personal favorite) was 80% Westjet advertising and only 20% map. Overall, I find the offerings of the two airlines to be quite similar, and wouldn't hesitate to fly Westjet over Air Canada if they offered a lower fare or a more convenient itinerary.

WestJet customer review :  16 August 2010 by Mike Bell   (Canada)

Westjet is average at best. I recently flew Saskatoon to Toronto with my 15 month old daughter and 6 year old son. I received no additional help from the staff with check-in, boarding, and on the return flight we didn't even get an infant take-off/landing briefing. I had to ask for some juice for my daughter during the descent. It was the only time she cried and any FA knows that crying child on descent with a juice to drink is a happy child.

WestJet customer review :  7 August 2010 by M Doyle    (Canada)

YYZ-YYC-YYZ. Outbound flight comfortable, but a bit late. Return leg just as comfortable and was on time. Inflight service good, entertainment was entertaining. Only complaint was the length of time it took for "special handling" luggage to appear upon return to YYZ. Overall, good value and will fly them again.

WestJet customer review :  2 August 2010 by D Runions    (Canada)

Has anybody noticed that you since a few months ago cannot check in to the front half of the aircraft by web check in? The front half of the plane is blocked out yet when you get on the aircraft there may be half the seats available. West jet advises that those seats are held for counter staff to have some flexibility. The other option they provide is to pay $10.00 at time of check in.I spend $10,000 per year on West Jet but they are really nothing special anymore.

WESTJET customer review :  30 July 2010 by Mike Tigg    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS-YYZ I normally would have flown Air Canada on this route but they wanted double the price than what Westjet charged and I decided to give Westjet a try. Hassle free departure from Terminal 3 at Pearson (unlike Terminal 1 with understaffed US customs and brusque security staff). Outbound flight on equipment that felt aged with cheery staff relentlessly pushing whatever food they are selling. Tiny TV screens on back of each seat negate considering paying $5.99 to ruin watching a movie. Free TV programs for those who care. Return was in a brand new 737-800 that was not equipped with ANY in flight entertainment system as it had not been outfitted with such yet. One was advised to purchase reading material before one boarded. For a no frills airline it compares well to Southwest in its attitude and service and makes Air Canada look very overpriced indeed if one can substantially save on the fare on the same route as I did.

WESTJET customer review :  8 July 2010 by Tony Banwait    (USA)

SFO-YVR return. Decent no frills airline that get you from point A to point B without all the glitz. Friendly cabin crew, soft drinks and cookies served at no charge. Other snacks, blankets and pillows available for a charge. The $7 charge for a blanket is excessive. Best feature is the two checked bags at no charge. Would fly again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7