WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  22 May 2013 by N Landers    (Canada)

I will never fly Westjet again. I'm a seasoned traveler and have never experienced this kind of incompetence. My 6am flight was cancelled, we were unable to get another flight until 4.30pm. The food is awful and their TV's didn't work. What a horrible experience and a waste of a day.

WestJet Customer review :  21 May 2013 by A Hansen    (Canada)

I am an experienced flyer, but had never flown with WestJet until a few days ago and I will never fly with them again. The service on the Cancun to Toronto flight was appalling. I was flying with my sister, who has 2 young children. We were boarded first, but only after approaching the attendants as there was no pre-boarding call. Once on the plane my sister asked if she could go to the back to stand with her 5 month old child to put him to sleep while the plane was loading. The flight attendant said no there was no room, so have a seat. After take off, passengers were bombarded with merchandise, play books (as there was no in-flight entertainment provided), headsets, food, drinks, duty free. You had brief mins. of opportunity to go to the washroom as the aisles were always blocked by carts, and you were told to sit down and wait while they finished their task. The staff were very unprofessional and rude. At the end of the flight, passengers were not even acknowledged, as all the attendants were at the back of the plane talking amongst each other.

WestJet Customer review :  20 May 2013 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

YYZ-MIA on a 737-700. Flight left and arrived on-time. I enjoyed the "First Bag Free" policy which brought much pleasure to me. The PTVs are a nice addition, but it's not supported in southern U.S airspace, although free movies were played. The staff were great and the snacks were another perk. Overall, great flight!

WestJet Customer review :  16 May 2013 by E Parkin    (Canada)

March 1, YVR-YCC then on to ZLO. while booking I was never aware there was a plane change in Calgary until I was shown 2 separate flight numbers. Flight was delayed and took off 30 min late - my 45 min window to change planes and find the right gate was narrowed to 15 min, which is cut off for boarding planes. Asking the flight attendant about my connecting flight, she was unaware Westjet flew to ZLO and angrily put the blame on me for "booking flights with too narrow of a window". I made my plane by seconds. Return flight on April 4th. Stewardess, just before landing manhandled my carryon to fit in the containers from the kitchen, and I was shouted at when after landing I checked to see if my personal items were damaged. As for Baggage, landing at 11.40pm, I waited until 12.25 to see any baggage descend to the carousel, and because of the delay had to pay $70 for a taxi as the rapid transit could no longer get me home.

WestJet Customer review :  14 May 2013 by J Boudreau    (Canada)

First flight. Halifax to Cancun and return flight. Great service. Seats larger than stories would have me believe. I am a larger man and had no issues. I have fairly long legs and had no issues with leg room either. Only wish armrests were not hard plastic. Free movies for international flight. Just wish each channel had it's own movie instead of 2 movies with 2-3 staggered copies of the same ones. Flights were always on time or early.

WestJet Customer review :  13 May 2013 by T Giantomaso    (Canada)

Westjet is no longer the pleasant and relaxing airline it once was. I find the staff increasingly inattentive. I fly to Vancouver from Calgary 4 times a month and rarely get to Vancouver on time. Once my flight was cancelled due to mechanical failure and I was placed on a flight 3 hours later-not good for the morning business crowd. They refused to book me a flight with Air Canada so I had to leave, buy a ticket outside the terminal with Air Canada and go through security a 2nd time! Lastly they have recently started selling "extra room" seats for 45$ which includes exit seats, so the last 2 flights I've been on (just last week) the exit seats were empty and the stewardesses did not allow anyone to use the seats, suggesting they were "extra value" seats - bad business. I never thought I'd say this but it's back to booking with Air Canada.

WestJet Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Michelle Pladzyk    (Canada)

Traveled May 4th from Ottawa-Calgary-Comox. On the flight from Calgary we were offered a sky check type of service for our extra carry on. I was on WS-517 seated in 9C and part way through the trip I became very warm and felt a bit faint. A male flight attendant was very quick to respond and ask me if I would like to move up front in row 1,as he said, it was cooler. I sat there for about a half hour and when I felt better I went back to my original seat. I was offered water and this male attendant keep a close watch on me.

WestJet Customer review :  9 May 2013 by Anna Midgley    (Canada)

Not the same at is was years ago, every single flight I've been on has been late and either there was no Satellite service or no TV's. My mother flew with them yesterday from Calgary to Kelowna and the flight was also late! The staff used to be the friendliest I've encountered but that also has changed.

WestJet Customer review :  6 May 2013 by M Antonsen    (Canada)

I am not sure I will fly with them again unless I have no other choice. The seats on the plane are extremely cramped and my back was killing me by the end of the short 2.5 hour flight. I much prefer having the option to watch a movie that I don't have to pay 6 dollars for. I would much rather have a TV selection that I get more choices from, not just whatever happens to be on TV at the time. I would forgo the snacks to get that option. The staff were good, no complaints there and the plane was on time.

WestJet Customer review :  5 May 2013 by Zorica Cvijetinovic    (Canada)

Vancouver to Maui and was very disappointed with the service provided on the flight. No food, no movies and the staff was not really friendly. Nothing compared to my excellent experience with the same company 5 years.

WestJet Customer review :  29 April 2013 by B Bell    (Canada)

My wife and I booked a round trip to Cancun. Turns out Westjet is a rather ordinary airline with the usual amenities. We travel at least twice a year and have flown with several airlines and Westjet is just another hohum, get to the destination, boring company. I think they have lost their uniqueness in a big way.

WestJet Customer review :  23 April 2013 by C Randall    (Canada)

My wife and I had flown to Las Vegas for a wedding getaway and honeymoon. WestJet boasts the largest seats and greatest legroom. I'm 5'7", and was extremely cramped. The fellow beside me was 6'4", and almost had his knees in his ears. The seats were very narrow, very uncomfortable. There was almost no padding in the seats. They didn't recline more than a couple of inches, and there wasn't even room for a laptop to be put on the fold down table. It was a 707-700, so seats were 3 across. Between my wife and the fellow on the other side, we had no choice but to put the arm rests up so the 3 of us could sit quasi-comfortably. The flight attendants were obvious unhappy with their jobs. Out of the 4, 3 of them were just blank faced and walked around like robots. The air circulation system wasn't working properly, the forward toilet kept clogging up. So, all in all this was an extremely unpleasant flight.

WestJet Customer review :  23 April 2013 by Brenda Crivari    (Canada)

Vancouver to Los Cabos. Horrible flight, passengers very loud and noisy, flight staff not happy, no movies as advertised. New rate change in fares, went to book return ticket and advised no economy fares left but I could have a very expensive plus fare. When I went in to review seats, the flight was only a third full and most of the plus fares were at the back of the plane. I flew down for $216 but they wanted over $600 for a fare home on a flight that at this time is only half full. Not sure what's happening with Westjet, between their fares and customer service, delays etc. I will be giving my business back to Air Canada as it doesn't appear that Westjet is interested in keeping their loyal customers.

WestJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by J Schinkel    (Canada)

Prince George via Vancouver to Calgary, over-nighted with family then back to airport in morning (10 people). On to Varadero, Cuba, I was not too happy when I discovered that we were split up on the plane. It was better coming home as we were all together after speaking with the Westjet agent at our resort. Flight back to Prince George was great. In Calgary, the agent told everyone that the televisions may not work and suggested that we buy magazines to read. The movies were great both going and coming from Cuba.

WestJet Customer review :  15 April 2013 by V C Smith    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to Maui and found out that it was a 6 hour trip with no entertainment unless you rented a tablet from them to watch a movie. Total money grab and really put the flavour that you're riding a cheap airline. It was the same on the way back. We didn't notice anything different than any of our other flights that would have indicated there was not going to be any entertainment offered. I could tell from the reaction staff were friendly and they couldn't do anything about it.

WestJet Customer review :  2 April 2013 by M Bryant    (Dominican Republic)

I am very limited as to who I can fly back to Canada with from Punta Cana. I have flown 4 times now on WestJet. Each flight was on time and the service and comfort on-board met the expectations. One must remember, you are not paying for 1st class seats. That being said, I found for my 5'9", 190lb body, that the seating was more than adequate. Traveling with an infant can be a challenge and the staff at the check in as well as on the plane did what they could to be of assistance. Food quality was better than I expected and for once I have found an airline that serves cold beer. The onboard TV only works half of the way. I am planning another trip home and even if there were more options for me, I would choose WestJet.

WestJet Customer review :  21 March 2013 by C Van Schaik    (Canada)

Let me start by saying that I have flown WestJet for many years and it has always been my first choice in airline when planning our next vacation. This past experience was by far the worst I have ever had. We left Edmonton late due to "mechanical" delays but they ensured us we would catch our connection in Vancouver. We landed in Vancouver to find out our connecting flight just pushed away from the gate (but still on the ground). They rerouted us to Toronto. We couldn't land in Toronto due to weather so we flew to Ottawa. They wouldn't let us pull up to the gate so the entire plane sat for 2 hours. We were not offered water or any form of refreshment. We then flew back to Toronto and again just missed our connection... but the connecting plane was still on the ground. We were offered a hotel and told to pick up our luggage. We waited 2 hours for the customer service people to find our luggage... which was in Vancouver. The flight the next morning was 30 minutes late and I have never had such rude crew staff. They were more interested in complaining to each other loudly than serve beverages. We waited 90 minutes for a glass of water. There was also no inflight entertainment on this flight. When we landed in Cancun they said they would bring our bags to us... we had to continue to call them over the next 36 hours until our luggage finally arrived to us. The flight home was better in general... expect it was 3 hours delayed because of required crew rest. One of them yelled at me which I found very rude and uncalled for. I have been a loyal customer of westjet for years... this was a terrible experience.

WestJet Customer review :  21 March 2013 by Daniel Glesby    (Canada)

PHX-YWG. Everyone boarded nice and early, we pushed back on-time, but still managed to depart 40 minutes late. Not Westjet's fault as there was lots of traffic on the ground at PHX, but still frustrating nonetheless. Once in the air, the flight attendants immediately came around with a water run which was nice. Also the live TV no longer works in the states which is disappointing and would rather watch that then movies. Ended up landing in YWG about an hour late. Will avoid using Westjet outside of Canada, as they are more expensive than everyone else and now their inflight service is on par or below everyone else's. The flight attendants were the only good part as they were pleasant and efficient.

WestJet Customer review :  18 March 2013 by Brian Curtis    (Canada)

Despite having seats in the Emergency access, the person sitting in the aisle seat had to awkwardly get out of his seat to let us out. The centre aisle was impossible to negotiate with other passengers and beverage carts. There was no entertainment and seat backs did not recline. There needs to be control of carry on baggage that people bring on board, as we had trouble finding a little space for our small bag. The public announcement system was very difficult to understand. the person speaking spoke quickly and did not enunciate. The only benefit of the flight was that we got back to Vancouver!

WestJet Customer review :  14 March 2013 by Jacqueline Dolynny    (Canada)

Sitting in airport at this moment, flight from Honolulu was late. Fine but flight plan allowed for time to be made up and arrived with time to connect onto original flight. Nope, not an option. Even though they knew that anyone connecting to spots like Saskatoon would have to sit all day and not arrive home until 9pm - no attempt to hold the plane for the 5 mins it would of taken to get on that flight. These are being offered as flights for holidays and its not reasonable for you to start a flight at 7.30 pm (3 hours prior) and not get home for 26.5 hours later. I would of assumed that arrangements would of been made to make sure passengers could get connections.

WestJet Customer review :  12 March 2013 by C Fox    (Canada)

Family of four - we got 'bumped' off of a flight from Toronto to Winnipeg. Staff made us walk back and forth through terminal for 4 hours directing us to the wrong counters and hotel shuttle pick-up points. We have 2 small children and 4 large pieces of luggage - no offer to help. The lack of customer service was disgusting. Staff have poor attitudes and no compassion for customers at all. Never again!

WestJet Customer review :  8 March 2013 by Lorna McKnight    (Canada)

February 18th en-route to Cuba, from Halifax via Toronto. Our flight was cancelled due to weather. However, staff were very helpful at the customer service desk, who arranged a later flight to Toronto, along with food vouchers and hotel voucher. We ran into the same problem on our return flight on Feb 28th. Again the staff in Toronto were very helpful arranging for hotel and food vouchers again.

WestJet Customer review :  4 March 2013 by K Mitchell    (Canada)

Travelled half way around the world only to find WestJet cancelled a critical flight leg. This is the fourth mess up by WJ in the last 4 months. Sure wish we had a choice of airlines in Canada.

WestJet Customer review :  4 March 2013 by Ivan Dzhur    (UK)

WS399 from Winnipeg to Calgary on February 25th. Ground staff at Winnipeg friendly and very efficient. Flight departed on-time. Cabin crew and flight deck made this trip a good one. Arrived on time. Will certainly fly with them again.

WestJet Customer review :  27 February 2013 by Jason Kean    (Canada)

Well we had a pretty unpleasant week trying to get home from Halifax. We were scheduled to get home dinner time in St Johns, NL on Friday Feb 22. Our flight in the morning got canceled and we were rebooked on the 21.40 flight. After spending 9 hours in Halifax airport our second flight for the day got canceled and we were put up in a hotel in Dartmouth. Booked on a flight at 21.40 on Saturday night, and my girlfriend was booked on a flight at 10.50 Sunday . We spent most of Friday night on the phone trying to get us on the same flight for Saturday night. Managed to get both of us on the same flight for Saturday night, finally got on our flight at 22.30. Mid flight the pilot said we were going to have to redirect to Deer Lake, NL due to the runway not being ready for us in St Johns. Landed in Deer Lake and after spending an hour on the plane, we were put up in the holiday inn. Got up at 6.30 Sunday morning and went back to the airport to get a rental car to drive to St Johns. We couldn't take the chance that we wouldn't make it home that day via plane.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7