WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  3 July 2013 by J McDonald    (Canada)

Our second trip using WestJet, Vancouver/Kahului Maui return. Check-in was very easy although we had to go to the ticket counter at YVR because the kiosk scanner couldn't read my passport, but there was no lineup and we got through quickly. Staff were helpful and friendly. Flight left a few minutes early and we arrived OGG 1/2 hour earlier than scheduled. IFE is non existent about 1/2 hour out of YVR but we knew that from our previous flight and brought reading material. The only bad thing about the flight was the screaming baby directly across the aisle. FA's were all very friendly. Return trip from Kahului was just as good although the flight schedules during this 'non-peak' season aren't the greatest - it's an overnighter/red-eye from OGG to YVR. However, the fares were really good and we had no complaints. WestJet has a generous baggage allowance, and they provide water, soft drinks, tea, coffee, juice and small snack at no cost in-flight. Many airlines don't even supply free water. Other snacks and adult beverages can be bought on board, but we packed our own food. Overall we had a very good experience with our recent WestJet flights and we would definitely use WestJet again for flights to Maui.

WestJet Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Andre Franca    (Brazil)

YYC-YVR-YUL-YYZ. Exactly what I expected! A low fare carrier charging legacy carrier prices! The service is minimal, staff almost have no interaction with passengers, you do everything, print your own boarding passes, tag your bag yourself, drop the bag yourself at the carousel! I felt I was flying on a ghost airline, no one to assist or to give information. Sad to see everything more and more robotic. I booked Westjet because I wanted to try something different, will not be flying them again.

WestJet Customer review :  2 July 2013 by D Salmon    (Australia)

We flew from Las Vegas to Vancouver on May 30 as part of a tour group. First (pleasant) surprise was to listen to the Chief Flight Attendant, actually sing the pre-take off safety announcement. First (disappointing) surprise was that there was no in flight entertainment but was told that this was WestJet's newest plane and had not been installed yet. Seats were very comfortable and thought leg room for economy was very good. We flew from Vancouver to LAX on June 17 on another WestJet flight and again no in flight entertainment but no reason given this time. Punctuality on both flights was excellent.

WestJet Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Tepelekian Shant    (USA)

I flew LAX-YYC in economy class. The check-in service was very good and the in-flight service was okay. The seat was very comfortable, but the in-flight entertainment wasn't very good, since you couldn't pick your own shows. Some of them didn't even work! But still overall it was pretty good and I will definitely fly WestJet again.

WestJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by R Townsend    (Canada)

June 17,2013, flying from London Ont. to Vancouver connecting in Calgary with about 1.5 hour window of time. Flight to leave at 7am, arrived early (5.30) to learn that the flight would be "about" an hour later departing as a crew member had phoned in sick! When arriving in Calgary we were allowed off the plane first as our connecting flight to Vancouver was waiting for us, we were told to hurry, no one directed us, I asked where the gate was and was told. I'm 76 and walk slowly but I hurried as fast as I could. This meant no food as I'd planned to have lunch in Calgary. I think we should have been transported to the other gate. It was not a pleasant way to spend the day. I will still travel Westjet but found this experience disappointing.

WestJet Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Christopher Neep    (Canada)

YYC to PSP on May 28. I used to admire WestJet for their excellent service and reasonable fares. Not anymore. No IFE system on flight. Several excuses. New aircraft/problems with old system, etc. Staff attitude mediocre at best. Website for making itinerary changes is confusing and as for phoning West Jet's call centre - forget it. WestJet persist in referring to their travelers as 'guests'. Until they do treat people as guests, I wish they would simply refer to us as 'customers'. It's a pity to see such a decline.

WestJet Customer review :  20 June 2013 by John Attersley    (Canada)

Flew 16 June 2013, for the first time in a long time. Hamilton to Halifax. Check-in friendly, boarding no problem, in-flight service friendly and quick. Overall a good impression.

WestJet Customer review :  20 June 2013 by M Kroeker    (Canada)

Recently YWG-MCO, flight left on time, crew unprofessional and constantly making jokes. Seating is cramped, poor recline and IFE poor at best. Connecting through T3 in YYZ is a joke, must collect bags and drag them through customs then to the transfer belt. Waited over an hour in MCO for luggage to arrive. Return flight was on time but no IFE, claimed it was a new plane and wasn't installed yet. Buy on Board food horrible selection, no sandwiches only junk food. Barely made connection in YYZ and arrived home to no bag. Bag was delivered next morning. Overall this airline has gone downhill, will not fly again if I don't have too.

WestJet Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Alan Coles    (New Zealand)

May 26th, Vancouver to Calgary. Good assistance at check in, friendly staff. On time departure, comfortable plane. Only gripe is we were not seated together. It would have cost $45 to change seats, being a short flight we did not. On May 29th we flew Calgary to Los Angeles. Not seated together, at check in our seats were changed free of charge by the friendly check in staff member. Flight departed on time, good friendly cabin crew. Good clean plane. Lost TV about 2 hours on American side of border, but you can not blame Westjet for that. We would fly Westjet again.

WestJet Customer review :  6 June 2013 by C Ducharme    (Canada)

Why doesn't Westjet just admit they are removing the inflight TV service that we all loved? Vancouver to Hawaii is a long trip with nothing to watch. We hear all these different excuses like, "it's a new plane", "allows for more leg room", "it hasn't been installed yet". Just tell staff to be honest and tell everyone to bring their own movies or music.

WestJet Customer review :  4 June 2013 by K Oben    (Canada)

Vacation from Toronto to Dominican Republic. May 25-13. Flight left ahead of schedule and arrived in DR 30 mins early. Staff friendly, service good. On return, flight on time, staff friendly, landed 15 min earlier than schedule. Seats are comfortable but a little tight, could be an issue if on a long flight. The only complaint is movies/TV are on air for only 2 hours and flight is 4 hours with no music channels to keep you occupied.

WestJet Customer review :  3 June 2013 by V Munn    (Canada)

May 25th we flew to Las Vegas. Received an e-mail prior to our flight advising us that there may be satellite issues about 30 minutes outside Canada, but there were pay-per-view movies, etc. available. Flight to Las Vegas is perfect for a movie. By the time the movie is done, so is the flight. You can imagine our surprise when we found no televisions on the seatbacks. On the flight back, we received an e-mail advising that there were televisions on the seatbacks. Both times the flight crews announced that this was because of the plane being new. Oddly, my sister had the same thing happen on a flight to Palm Springs last year only this time they claimed it was because of the extra leg room. Instead of televisions, they claim they provided us with additional reading materials - about more Westjet vacations! If all we get is additional leg room, say so. That way we can decide whether it is worth staying with Westjet or going across the border for cheaper rates. On a short flight, leg room isn't going to be all that and I'm tall!

WestJet Customer review :  1 June 2013 by M Simpson    (Canada)

WJ used to be a very good, low-cost airline. I have seen a gradual disappearance to what made WJ unique and my choice. Have only flown with them regionally during the last 2 years. My biggest complaint is how often they are late or delayed. Passengers are not given the truth as to why planes are delayed. I would rather know that my plane is going to be 2 hours late rather than told several times that it will be 1/2 hour late. My second complaint is how uncomfortable the seats are now! I'm a 5'4" woman who is not overweight and the seats are so narrow that I find it difficult to get comfortable at all. Sitting beside someone with any normal width to their shoulders has us touching each other and I feel I need to keep my arms as close in as possible - making for a very uncomfortable situation. The seat in front has been moved so that it's difficult to read a magazine at times because it presses up against the seat in front. Flying WJ is now like flying Air Transat or other charter company flights. I also find now, with the odd exception, the inflight crew to be disinterested and not very friendly. Last, the inflight entertainment system - small screens, don't work half the time but the biggest annoyance is the advertising that we are subjected to! I do not want to be bombarded with WJ advertising! I hope WJ reads some of these reviews and reformulates their model!

WestJet Customer review :  31 May 2013 by S Tay    (Singapore)

18 Oct 2012, Vancouver to Ottawa. Most liberal in terms of use of earphones. Also, inflight entertainment gets switched on for you to watch from the time you board the plane all the way to landing and arriving at the gate.

WestJet Customer review :  31 May 2013 by Christopher Foster    (Canada)

Shocking flight to Bermuda. Since the flight was full and they had some sort of weight problem, they took 20 people's luggage off the plane. This is very bad, since Westjet only flies there every couple of days and we're not going to get our baggage for minimum 48 hours. They could have asked us to prioritize our luggage, or leave a piece, but instead they just took off about 10% of people's luggage. Certainly they have all our contact info, so they could have talked to us, and they definitely could have had someone meet us at the other end and explain the problem. Instead, we all wandered around the baggage carousel for about 30 minutes, then made our way to the baggage desk, even though Westjet knew our stuff wasn't there. Making matters worse, I found out that Westjet does this all the time, and they are chronically behind in getting people's luggage to the island.

WestJet Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Michelle McIntyre    (Canada)

Vancouver to Calgary on May 26th with my 2 children. My son has Down syndrome and autism so he travels with a Service dog. Our flight attendant was friendly and personable and she asked if there was anything extra that we needed and anything she and the other flight attendants should know in case of emergency. She pointed out to me that there is an extra oxygen mask which, in emergency, I could put on the service dog, no other flight attendant had ever pointed that out to me before after 5 years of travelling by plane at least once a year. It was not a busy flight so the check in desk even gave our family an extra seat so there would be more room for the dog to stretch out. A pleasant travel experience.

WestJet Customer review :  28 May 2013 by S Daley    (Canada)

Several years a go I flew WestJet and was pleased at the whole experience so when my son decided he was getting married in Mexico we immediately choose WestJet, but the West Jet of yesterday no longer exists. The seats are extremely cramped there was no movie on a 6 hour flight and if you wanted something to eat or drink you paid for it. I recently flew to Cuba on Sunwing and not only was it more comfortable but they offered us 2 meals 2 movies and two pieces of luggage for free all of this cost the same as WestJet. I only hope West Jet listens to their customers and returns some of the perks that came with flying on their airline.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7